[F1-PP] A day of peace <<Hestia, David_Black>>

i smile to myself as i'm sitting in a chair near one of the fountains in the town of Tolbana on Floor one. I grin watching the Npcs moving around as i drink a nice cold glass of water. Just smiling to myself as i get to enjoy the peacefulness of it all. Resting at floor one after having cleared some quests, and having helped someone, and became their friend. I look down to my familiar who is eating some meat tearing into it. A young lion cub with the wings of a eagle. The feathers being pitch black as night, and his fur being as white as the purest of snow. I smile down at my friend as i look around seeing the mighty stone walls of the town, and the peaceful houses that occupy the space that the walls protect. I think back on how i'm lucky to live through everything that this world throws at me. Even though i have been lucky, and being extremely cautious and things i have done to allow me to live through what i have. I may not have fought a lot of great fights, but any battle is something to thank for when you make it out alive. Since any battle can end in your death if you're not careful.

I just lean back in my seat a bit, and smiles watching the sun reflect off the water of the fountain. Today is going to be a good day. A day to relax and enjoy myself. I say softly and happily.

@David_Black

Edited by Hestia

"Damn it Hiro! Why do I have to do your shopping?" David grumbled as he trudged his way into the town of Tolbana. It had been a harrowing trek from their Town of Beginnings home, and not one that he wanted to repeat soon. Monsters dotted the roads, and there were rumors of player killers that targeted newbies roaming about. Not exactly dangers he felt like facing today. The teacher turned gamer was tasked with obtaining several rare herbs from a contact of Hiro's so that he may prepare some of his more combat buffing drinks, and dishes. As soon as he collected the items he was to be be on his way. David did not see the urgency however. He had never been to Tolbana before, and wished to take in all that there was to see. He had heard of the beautiful area known as fountain square, and thought that while he waited to be messaged by Hiro's contact he would take a load off there.

As the man approached one of the nicer fountains his battered plate armor made quite the racket. The constant clanking of steel often alerted the newbies in the town of beginnings to his presence. He hoped that since he was farther out from the starting area now his choice of apparel would stand out less.

I look around the square with a smile. Seeing some newbies, seeing some NPCs nothing of note worthy coming into my vision. However, that idea is thrown out the window the moment i see someone walking in with steel armor. I grin and stands up from where i am. Calling Kuro to my side as i get up, and starts to walk over to this man with a grin on my face. I quickly open my menu and looks through it, and equips my own armor to differentiate myself from the crowd. Even though the little tiger cub following me would be enough to suffice that as is. I walk over to you with a grin on my face. Having a shield on one arm, and a sword sheathed in a scabbard at my waist.My armor a mixture of red cloth at my torso and arms with metal underneath. Having a metal gauntlet, full plate leggings, tassets, and a pauldron.

Well hello their stranger. My name is Hestia, and this little lion is my familiar Kuro. Who might you be? I ask in a cheerful manner. Having a grin on my face as i look at you. Standing at 5ft 8, and having black hair with silver streaks in it. The hair reaching the middle of my back. My eyes being blue in color. My familiar Kuro looks up at you with a curious look in his eyes

David returned the young lady's smile, and raised his right hand in an awkward wave. As his steel wrapped appendage raised into the air the iron capped head of a wooden hammer could be seen peeking out from behind him. Normally David didn't go around armed, but because of the importance of today's mission to the only person gracious enough to allow him houseroom he was not taking any chances. Besides walking around outside of the town of beginnings was dangerous anyhow.

"The username is David_Black, but you can call me Dave if you like Hestia."  The mid twenties educator mentioned before turning his gaze upon the raven winged lion familiar Hestia had pointed out. "You can call me Dave as well Kuro. It's a pleasure to meet both of you." He finished as his pale green eyes darted back over to the young woman. He tousled his dirty blonde hair for a moment before feeling like he should follow up that statement with a question. "So what is there to do around here for a bit of fun?"

Well i'm not use to relaxing honestly. So i've just been going with the flow of things. Just finished a meal at the nice diner over their. I say pointing towards it. i'm only relaxing now since i've had a day of training before now, so i think i can allow myself some time to relax after hours of doing other things. I say with a grin on my face. For things to do i guess you could go to the local tavern, and drink your nights away, or do some gambling in their also if you find some people willing to do so. Then you have, just walking around and enjoying the sights. Could do Karaoke also. I say listing off some things i have found while walking around this town. Kuro gives a swish of his tail and one wing flap as he looks at you. After you tell him to call you Dave. Any of those sound appealing Dave? also why are you here in this town? I ask you curiously.

As i ask i'm looking over your general appearance and nods. Seeing you seem more like a standard and good armored warrior of combat. I can only think you could go far once you get started doing quests. This brings another thought of me being curious what level you are, and how much experience you have with the outside world that isn't the Town of Beginnings. As i'm thinking these things i'm just smiling cheerfully awaiting to hear your answer.

"I'm not much for gambling, and drinking is pretty much what I do every day. Karaoke and sightseeing sounds like fun though." David laughed awkwardly at his own comment. Rubbing his head for a moment he decided to explain the drinking comment so as to not come off as some weirdo alcoholic. "I live in a tavern in the Town of Beginnings you see. Hiro, one of my students in the real world got me into this game, but it turns out he has way more ambition than I do. Opened up his own business within two weeks of launch. I just crash upstairs with him, and try to keep his customers entertained. That is what brings me here today. I'm meeting with a supplier of his to collect some herbs for his cooking. The guy is always late however and I have some time to kill. What about you though? What brings you to Tolbana?"

David wished he had never opened his mouth. He realized that his comments made him sound like a real moocher. Oh well, honesty is the best policy right?

I raise a eyebrow at hearing everything you have said. Finding everything you said seeming to be the opposite of me....once i got off my ass also and stopped being depressed. I think for a moment and says. I normally would criticize you for mooching off someone who is trying to make a honest living David. however, I feel like i don't have the right to do so after having wasted so much time being depressed, and a shut in after being informed of the news of being trapped in here. I stay locked up, and only came out to eat food to try and convince myself to a life of normalty. However, i got back on my feet and have been at this for a week now. I'm level 7 with tier 1 crafted gear to help defend my life. And doing quests with a friend to help me strive even further. I've been nonstop working to help others, and improving myself. I say with a grin to you.

I then pause for a moment and rubs the back of my head. But yeah wrong thing to talk about. It's like work don't talk about it. So Karaoke can be provided by me since my profession is that of a singer if you wished to hear me sing. And their are a few sights that are worth seeing here from what i've learned are good places to go to. But seriously lay off the alcohol a bit okay? i mean don't stop it fully, just if you're drinking nonstop. Cool it for a bit. Dedicate some time to training to try and help you survive better. I offer to you as advice. Please forgive my rambling i' do that from time to time do to not the best conversationalist. I say with a nervous chuckle.

Hestia's words hit David as if she had slapped him full force. There was a good deal of truth in what she was saying however. The man could hardly defend himself, and had no real aims outside of drinking and carousing. Perhaps that was just his way of coping with the stress of being trapped inside of this game, or an expression of his fear of risking anything to save himself. In either case it was a rather lazy and selfish way to go about it. Two things David had never been accused of before coming to Sword Art Online. In the real world he was broke for entirely different reasons. He was always trying to help someone else, even if it meant going without the things he needed. Thinking about how much this death game had been changing him David was ashamed.

"Don't apologize" He said softly hanging his head. "Never apologize for telling someone the truth. Especially if you are doing so to help them. I've been riding Hiro's coat tails for too long now. " David sighed heavily, and then forced a smile on to his face. There was no time to be moping about. He had made a new friend, and it was cause to celebrate. "Thank you for your words. I'll take them to heart. I'll figure out some way to support myself, and if I get strong enough I'll work with the people on the front lines to help get us all out of this crazy place."  David's smile became less strained, and more genuine by the moment. "So you are a professional performer eh? I'd love to hear you sing!" He added in an attempt to change the subject.

I just smile a bit sadly hearing that what i said could be considered the truth to you. I pat your shoulder gently when you say that, and smiles at you. Well David i'm glad you took my words to heart. That means it's time for self improvement. With the easiest methods being the Lessons are free quests. The first four being easy little things. However, once you get to three, and four. I think having a ally at your side would be for the better. Heard the monsters you fight could do serious damage to you if you fight them. I give you a warning about that when you go to attempt those quests. However, even when giving this advice i can only hope you follow through on this plan of improvement, and that whoever Hiro is that he will appreciate the improvement also.

well i'm not a professional....or am i? does taking a profession in a game cause me to be a professional? i ask softly to myself thinking on that. To society i would certainly not be a professional just a amateur in every sense of the word. To the in game standards i am using singing to as part of a job. Even though it is mainly crafting, with singing also being little buff things i can do. I just smile and nods guessing i can be considered a professional performer in game. yes i am a professional David, since it is my ingame profession. I'd happily sing for you if you wish to. Just know i'll be singing songs i know since it's easier to do the lyrics then to try and figure out the lyrics to a different song. I say with a chuckle on my face.

"Quests? I've never done a single one! Sounds like a great idea though, thanks for the advice." David said looking rather embarrassed. Instead of allowing this part of the discussion to continue however he quickly changed his expression to one of intrigue, and changed the subject. "I mean as far as our minds are concerned at least this entire world is real right? So I would definitely say that having a profession in game makes you a professional. Especially with something like singing that takes a whole lot more actual artistic ability to do well. As far as your choice of music, well as long as you're not a rapper I think we will get along just fine."

It wasn't that David was opposed to the idea of Rap music at all, but the things that those "artists" did to the English language made his skin crawl. Patiently he waited to see what kind of music this Hestia preferred.

Don't worry rap isn't my favorite genre of music, so no need to worry about me singing rap. I say with a small chuckle and a grin on my face. I prefer songs from a musician by the name of Static-P who has songs with a good message that people could use to help get through life, or musicals like Heathers, or Hamilton, or vocaloid here and their. I admit with a smile on my face having no shame at all in the choices i have picked for music i like. As i start listing them off i start to walk in a direction in mind to show you. And as we walk i unequip my armor appearing in a small white shirt, and black shorts to cover me up. That being all you can tell i'm wearing.  What about yourself? what kind of music do you like? I ask you curiously as we walk. Kuro the lion cub with wings continues to walk by my side on my left.

And yeah! quests are something you should totally do David. Starting with the first lesson is free, and if you want to get a kick start on a profession doing a earning a living quest. I inform you after i ask my question of what music prefer. I then grin and decides to ask a question.  David let me ask you something. If you were in a fight. Would you wish to be the man defending your allies from harm? Or do you see yourself as the man going out their and dealing damage to enemies to try and kill them before they can harm others? Or the last option the man who supports his allies through healing, and strengthening them? I ask you as i look into your eyes for a brief moment as i ask this before focusing on the path i'm walking.

Music was the one area where David usually lost people, but given Hestia's own unique tastes he figured that she could at least appreciate the differences in what he liked and what was popular. Still their tastes were very different as she would soon find out. David scratched at his goatee for a moment while considering his answer. "My taste in music? Well I'm not quite sure to be perfectly honest. I grew up listening to 70's punk, and 80's metal. I love reggae, alternative, and even some EDM. I'm a big fan of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and many others groups that are from well before my time."

Hestia was almost as quick at switching the subject around as David was. Her next line of questions gave him pause. He had never really considered what type of character he wanted to play when signing up for the game. He figured that he would just let things develop naturally. That however was before it was revealed that they would not be able to leave the world, and that death was a very real thing here. Now that the situation had changed a bit it warranted some thought.

"If I had to choose right now I'd say probably up front taking, and dishing out hits. That being said however I'm still only level 1. My only skill is in heavy armor."

Interesting choices in music David.I say with a smile. While not my particular taste of tea...or maybe it is. I say with a shrug and a small giggle. I honestly can't tell from one style of music from the other if i have never heard it before. I can only differentiate the obvious ones like rap, to rock, to heavy metal, to well i think it counts as pop? i say very unsure of the last one from not having a good knowledge of what counts as pop music. Either way i find myself enjoying songs that have a upbeat tone to the music, or something of such. I tell you grinning happily.

And, well if you want to be the one taking hits you have chosen the DPS route. I tell you with a smile on my face. I'm guessing you knew the intention of me asking that. If you wished to be a support character like myself, or a tank person who helps protect others from damage by taking it themselves, or being the one dealing out the damage. I tell you with a nod of my head. Well if anything those will be easy enhancements to choose from when you wish to ask someone to forge your gear, and also have to pay them for it. I say with a chuckle.

"You have some interesting tastes as well Hestia. I must say that while I haven't heard any of the artists, or musicals you mentioned I would be interested to do so. I like upbeat, and positive music myself. Though many don't see what I like as positive you really have to dig into it to get the true meaning. Most people just stop at the harsh lyrics, or heavy guitar before turning away." David said before shrugging. "Such is life."

"Originally I was going to be a tank/support character for Hiro, or at least that was his idea. I kinda lost interest in that when we were all told that our deaths here would be reflected in the real world. I see now that was a selfish choice. The first aid skill is fairly easy to obtain though. I'll probably pick it up regardless." David said as he thought more about his future build. Right now at such a low level it didn't matter much. He did need some more accuracy and damage no matter what he chose however. His last fight with the wolf was painful, and over long.

well whatever you chose make sure to have an idea now. That way you don't end up with lots of different skills and such that just conflict with each other you know? like for myself i am a support. So while i may be low level as i am it's important for me to think on how i can support my allies as best as i can. So having like a overly big weapon skill at the beginning would make no sense. I tell you with a kind smile, and as we walk you start to see me leading you to an area that is outside the town. Indicated by the fact i'm heading towards the exit towards the town. Kuro just listening to the conversation. Watching with just a curious glance at us not understanding what we're talking about.

and for music i mean i would be turned off by it myself since listening to heavy guitar doesn't really seem like my kind of thing. Just loud noise and screaming is why i hate listening to anything heavy metal. It's just how i view that genre is just loud playing, and louder voices. I say to you with a shrug. When we get to where i want to lead you i can sing you one of the songs i like, and while also doing so, showing you a really cool spot. I say with a grin on my face. A win-win you know? I say as i exit the town, and starts to head towards an area into the forest. Not stopping unless i notice you not following me.

David was eager to see what Hestia had to show him. He kept pace with her fairly well, but lingered a few steps behind as he did not know the way they were going. He did notice however that they were headed out of town. That made David a bit nervous. The last time he left town it hadn't turned out so great for him, and he knew that he needed to be careful. As Hestia spoke more of music, and character builds David was deep in thought. This was the first time since joining SAO that he had spent any time at all with someone other than Hiro. There were of course the other tavern patrons, but they barely counted. Most people that came in had friends with them, and wished to be left to their own devices.

"So where are we going anyway?" David asked to snap himself out of these thoughts.

Where are we going? I say in a slight joking manner. To a place of wonder and calm that i found after a friend of mine took me on a round trip of floor one to try and teach me to relax. Didn't work to well. But from what she says i seem to be able to relax now between times of training and such. I tell you with a chuckle at the memory of having Marissa guide me around floor one for two days trying to teach me to be able to relax fully at anytime instead of working 24/7. Kuro just tilts his head not knowing what i'm talking about at all. I just continue onwards into the forest. Walking for a good 25 minutes before we reach the clearing. About 20 minutes into the walk you start to hear running water, and when you arrive at the clearing you see why.

You see a running waterfall forming a nice little pond that could easily be used to swim, or to just enjoy the serenity the play could provide. All around the clearing is trees giving the area a nice away from time and troubles of life feel to it. You see me instantly run towards the waterside taking off my shoes and putting my feet into the water as i lay down on my back. Having a peaceful happy look on my face. Kuro slowly walks over to me and lays at my flexing a wing so it covers my face so i can enjoy the shade that the wing will provide. You can hear no monsters at all near the clearing.

"This is magnificent!" David said upon entering the clearing, and seeing the waterfall David near instantly unequipped his heavy armor. In it's place he was covered by a rough cut black tank top and a pair of tan shorts with cargo pockets. His shoes were simple sandals. On his neck was a leather cord with a fang attached as a charm.  He trotted over to the water's edge, and sat down. For a time he did nothing other than watch his companion's familiar shield her from the sun. Kuro was a cute enough animal, and he supposed probably pretty useful to have around. Familiars were supposed to be amazingly powerful, and have the capacity to augment their tamer's abilities in interesting ways. There was little information available however about how one was supposed to be obtained.

"So Hestia, how did you and Kuro meet?" David asked smiling as a way to end the silence.

I smile happily enjoying the peace of the area. Feeling the cool water against my feet making me feel totally relaxed. I then notice the light that my eyes should be being hit by become nothing. Thank you Kuro. I tell my familiar softly and happily he just lightly taps my head with a tail in response causing me to chuckle. I just remain totally relaxed letting the serentiy of it all just take me in. I can almost hear the little chirps of birds as if i was back in the real world. Back when everything was normal. As i think on this i shake my head a little bit to clear my thoughts before i get depressed possibly by them.

I then hear your question and opens my eyes and turns to face you while remaining laying on the ground.  I was doing the feeding the enemy quest with a person who is like a mentor and friend to me for this game. His name is Itzal a performer just like me. I say with a cheerful smile. He lets me crash at his shop since i don't have one of my own yet. Now that i remember that i should quickly get on that since i don't want to take up a room his girlfriend could be using. I say to myself, however it was loud enough for you to hear me. Anyway i was on the fourth floor which is a floor that is totally covered in snow. My friend itzal allowed me to wear his coat, and he allowed me to use a call of familiar to increase my chances of finding him greatly. I say with a grin on my face as i pet Kuro's head. He just gives me a light glare as i pet him, but his eyes hold no ill will just annoyance/irritation as i give him a playful look back. Anyway while searching for a short while i noticed a snow pile shift slightly, and that was Kuro using his snow white fur to blend in easy, and hiding his wings under the snow. When i found him i offered him meat to at, and he accepted after being hesitant for a bit. He became my little familiar after that, and he was a enhanced familiar with 3 slots of mitigation also so that helps me survive. I say with a smile, and as i'm talking about how i met my familiar you can just see the happy expression on my face. Clearly showing that this is a very fond memory that i have of how i have attained my familiar Kuro.

Rolls

Spoiler

ID# 89451 results:

Loot: 18 *Chest found!*

David listened to Hestia's story in awe. His mouth was slightly agape, and when he noticed (just shortly after the young lady had finished speaking) he placed a hand over it for a moment to conceal his blushing. "That is truly amazing Hestia. You are lucky to have found such a wonderful creature, and even more so that it chose to befriend you. Honestly if I ever went looking for a familiar I'd probably try to find an owl. They represent knowledge, wisdom, and strength of character. Three things I've always held in high regard." David said smiling. With a small heave he flopped down on to his back, and looked dead into the waterfall. As he peered into it watching the mist swirl up from the rocks he noticed something peculiar. The sunlight was reflecting off of something underneath it. Something obviously metallic. Quickly the young man hopped up from where he was laying, and extended his right index finger to point at the object.

"Hey Hestia, you ever notice something in that waterfall before? There is definitely something made out of metal back there. Why don't we check it out!" He said with a wicked grin on his face.

Edited by David_Black