[F2-SP] Down with the hive <<Long Live the Queen>>

I focus intently on the queen as i slowly start inching forward. Trying to figure where the queen will strike at me to try an be their when she does. Wanting to get that hit against my armor to have the thorns do the killing blow against the queen of these wind wasps. I see her quickly shoot forward towards the direction i am at. With some quick just eyeing up distances  and position i quickly move where i think she will end up striking with her current direction and then swings my blade downwards towards the queen encase she misses , and i do not.

My eyes widen as the queen misses by a long shot, and so do i by extension. I quickly wonder what could've caused this and just sighs softly. Thinking it is going to be another one of those battles. Of fights where i end up missing quite a bit do to whatever bad luck seems to follow me when i wish for a fight to end today.

#89591 MD: 1  BD: 1

Wind Wasp Queen: 10/50

Hestia: 188/200   Energy: 0/20

I just stay where i am prepping myself for a battle of just lots of missing on both sides. The queen wasp quickly rushes at me and stings forward as she misses by barely an inch as i quickly swing down but by the time i do so the queen is already out of my sight as i turn to face her. I can only blame myself for that do to getting into the mindset of that i'm going to fail before i even try at attacking this queen wind wasp. I quickly observe my surroundings looking for anything that could be of help. Seeing a group of trees that are particularly close together i run over their before the queen could catch up to me as i grin. Knowing that with the space being smaller the chances of attacks missing also decrease. I can only hope that such logic works with whatever is working that Wind Wasps programming.

#89592   BD:1  MD: 5

I move towards the queen running at her with my blade ready to strike. The queen remains where she is not wanting to go deeper into the forest from it being denser thus harder to maneuver. I quickly rush in and kicks off a tree once close and slashes along her abdomen with a grin glad to have gotten a strike in after what feels like so long. I notice the queen going to grab me as i grin as i notice her grab to late as i escape her arms clutches and lands on the ground. I tuck and roll backwards away from her and quickly runs up and grabs my blade and shield. Having dropped them on the ground as i was going to tuck and roll to prevent myself from hurting my own body.

#89593 BD: 7  MD: 4  CD: 11 (+1 energy do to recovery)

Basic Attack: 3 dmg

Wind Wasp Queen: 7/50

Hestia: 188/200   Energy: 1/20

Edited by Hestia

As i get up i quickly move in again kicking off the same tree as i slash again along the same area  creating a X like shape in my strike. I also kick of her body as i struck it to get away from her this time. My feet slide along the ground as the queen glares at me and tries to attack me with her stinger. The appendage in question being thrust forward at me as i get out of the way of the attack by backpedaling away from it as i look up at the queen grinning that my strategy seems to have worked against it. I get ready to strike again seeing that i am slowly chipping away at its health with my attacks. I keep my determination strong knowing eventually it will have to die by this assault i am doing.

#89594  BD: 7  MD: 3

Basic attack: 3 dmg

Wind Wasp Queen: 4/50

Edited by Hestia

I just forwards towards the wasp again with a grin on my face thinking this could be it. However, i am proven wrong as the wasp queen grabs me out of the air and slams me against a tree then lets me. I cough a bit as i slam my sword into the tree to slow my descent as i then kick off the tree taking my sword with me as i land on the ground not losing my balance for a moment as i look up at the queen with a grin. Surprised by the attack method it used. Having expected a sting at the end, but instead gets slammed into a tree. I think for a moment looking around the area and finds nothing that could be used to help me get an advantage in terms of terrain. I can only hope this thing doesn't hit me with another critical strike so it kills itself.

#89595   BD: 5  MD: 9

Wind Wasp Damage: 30+1-27=4

Hestia: 184/200   Energy: 0/20

I quickly move in and goes to strike at the wind wasp queen rushing forward as i jump over a stinger that heads towards my body out of basic self preservation instincts. i just grit my teeth and continue the attack slicing along the queen's body once again while dodging grabs of her arms as i'm running up her body for a brief moment while doing so. After a good slice i quickly back flip off the queen and lands holding sword and shield ready. I then look up towards the queen and notices that she stopped moving temporarily. i grin seeing that she is paralyzed offering me a chance to finish her legitimately with a basic attack instead of having to rely on my thorns to kill my enemies for me. I grin as i get ready to try and end this in one final attack.

#89596 BD: 8 Prompts:paralyze  MD: 5

Wind Wasp Queen: 1/50

Edited by Hestia

I quickly move in to strike the queen. Moving across the ground towards the queen as fast as i can with a grin on my face. I get ready to strike at her to kill her with in that moment of weakness fro the queen. However, it gets interrupted by the queen suddenly gaining movement within the last second as she flies upwards away from my sword strike that was closer to the ground do to her flight having been paralyzed and stopped for that moment also. I look up towards the queen with a grin impressed by her ability to recover faster then i expected, but also not that surprised since i rarely get the paralyze off. I stay where i am figuring that staying close would be useful in this since the queen is on her last leg of health.

#89597   BD: 5  MD: 2 (paralyzed)

I wait for the queen to come down towards me as the queen does so trying to impale me vertically with her stinger. I stop the attack i have planned instead raise my shield to take the hit of the attack. The force of the stinger hitting my shield quickly pushes me onto one knee as i look upwards and does my best to withstand the force of this attack. Eventually the queen gives up and starts to back away to get back to a wider more open field. Seeing this i quickly get back up and chases after the queen not wanting her to get away while she is so close to deaths door. I move past the trees as fast as i can as i inch closer and closer towards the queen. I hold my blade in my hand tightly as i see the retreating queen slowly starting to get farther and farther away.

#89598  BD: 4  MD: 3

As i see the queen's retreating back i throw this attack all into one gamble of a move. I hold my sword and then quickly throws it at the queen. I watch as the sword inches closer and closer to the queen before impaling her in the back. I grin seeing her shatter into millions of crystals pieces. I grab my sword out of the air and sheathes it within its scabbard. You bet i just did that! I just hit a enemy by throwing my sword at it! i say with the biggest grin on my face from having won that gamble of a move.

#89599   BD: 10  MD: 5

Wind Wasp Queen: 0/50

Basic attack: 3+2=5

I then see the reward for finishing the quest pop up in a little grey menu box.

You have received.

<<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.

3 Skill Points

I grin happily seeing that i have accomplished this task of killing that queen by myself after such a long battle that i would describe as a slap fight do to how many times we missed each other.  sigh happily as i turn to my familiar who stuck close to me during the duration of the fight. Providing my mitigation by staying relatively close. Always in the shadows of the trees though. Not actively participating. I turn around and calls out for my partner. Come on Kuro! Their are still quests to do after a rest....a long rest. I say with a chuckle as i make my way back towards the village of Urbus my familiar Kuro right behind me.

Summary:

Rewards: 400 COL, 4 SP,  The Matriarchs Stinger

Edited by Hestia