[PP] Feast or Famine [Earn A Living]

Illia's emerald eyes stared over the vast plains of the first floor, she hadn't taken on any creatures nor quests since the introduction of this strange new journey. A sight so beautiful acting in disguise as a strange scientific experiment, her hypothesis on the matter was that this realm was a living social experiment devised to test the civility of people being able to be brought together for a unified cause. Freedom. Her hair gently was tossed from the breeze, the fragrance of flowers and wilderness wafting in along the air. A hand reached up gently tossing the crimson locks to the side behind her ears as she frowned. It was about time, another coming of age advancement much like that of medical school but this time it was to become a chef. Illia quickly swung her leg out stamping it down as she now marched on to the billboards where she had seen adventures come and go accepting new adventures and earning new rewards this would be hers to gain the material's that she needed for constructing her meals and feasts for later events. The Halloween party had begun and she didn't intend to come empty handed, unless of course there was an unfortunate case of burnt cooking. Along the streets of the starting city she saw other players still sitting and waiting for this nightmare of of sorts to come to and end.

Illia was dressed in an interesting white gown that she had picked out thanks to the unusual starting packs this game came with. Her own pack came with a surplus of supplies but no physical stats. She wasn't sure what type of build she wanted exactly even her weapon wasn't finalized beyond the part of large pointy dagger which she still hadn't determined was her plan. It wasn't useful for stats or even killing at this points thanks to her anxiety of picking a roll. It was difficult to decide following the same path as a combat medic or to join the fray.

"Why must everything be so difficult, it isn't like I have to finalize it anyway so I might as well contemplate this as I go out to obtain the materials for this quest."

Illia sighed before stepping up to the plate, a box with the words 'accept' and 'decline'. A hesitant hand drifted up to press accept as she now took on the adventure to search for materials and the journey to chef-hood.

@Hestia

I wake up this day with a soft groan completely having exhausted myself after yesterday's events. Having completed all of the quests on the second floor except for those dragon missions that i have deemed out of my skill range at the moment. I look around my room with a smile glad to have my own shop, and thus my own home to sleep within. I get out of my bed and equips some vanity clothes of a black t-shirt, and pants as i nudge my familiar. hey get up. It's time to get started on another day Kuro. I say to my familiar. A white furred lion with the white being as pure as snow, and this lion having wings that are as black as the night sky. The familiar looks at me with annoyance with his green colored eyes as i look back at him with my blue colored eyes. Nope, get up we need to be ready for any combat situation and having a sleepy lion isn't the best. I say with a playful grin and gets a playful swat at my legs for my trouble. I chuckle and heads downstairs into the actual shop area and quickly starts to head out of my shop, and stepping out into the cave that my shop resides in.

I equip a vanity jacket to keep myself warm as Kuro lazily follows behind me. I then quickly head out of the cave, and towards the town of Snowfrost. Once i have arrived i quickly get towards the teleporter knowing that a much warmer floor unlike the fourth floor where i have set up my shop is my destination. Once Kuro gets onto the teleporter i grin and announce. Floor 1 Town of Beginnings! Blue hexagons follow as me and my familiar are teleported back to the first floor. I smile watching the people walk around being all busy as i quickly unequip the coat and leaves the t-shirt, and pants on. I then start to make my way around town with a smile. I look around from shop to shop as i head towards the quest board knowing their could be some players who might need a little help in the beginning. After a good ten minutes of walking i smile as i make it to my destination. I also see a girl near it looking very hesitant after accepting some quest. I smile a bit as i nod my head having found the person i wish to help.

I walk over to the unknown girl and taps her shoulder. Hello miss. My name is Hestia. I am here to help out anyone who could need it. The lion besides me is my familiar Kuro. I introduce myself politely and kindly with a smile. So what quest did you accept? I saw that you chose one and seemed a bit hesitant on choosing it, so i was thinking i could help you with it. I say in a gentle, and cheerful tone as i look down towards you.

The billboard was still lit up with a large amount of quests, each one an empty box in her own menu the text, 'to be completed' beside them. The short hair swayed over her brows as she now gave a quick puff upwards to slide it up and to the side. The purpose of an avatar was to avoid this complicated ordeal of introducing one's own appearance to random gamers and after the first day they were practically stuck back in that strange social spectrum where the shy had to develop a temporary shell or become the lone beater who trained solo the entire way up through the rankings of the game. The girl appeared like she might have still been in high school despite her actual age being just out of it. As she sat and read through it she began to hum a soft melody she remembered her mother singing. It was a Celtic woman's music as she then twisted. Her entire torso forced her legs to now point toward the girl who had stopped before her. A rather bewildered gaze cast upon her as she now bit her lip. One arm slipped behind her back, then the next reach over to grip the second at the joint connecting right at the elbow.

"Oh good morning, it's a pleasure to meet you miss Hestia."

Illia's face tinted pink, clashing with her red locks as the wind gently blew her hair shimmering across her face in the light of the strange virtual light that always accompanied them from floor to floor. Her arm gently sliding up and down the length of the other as if attempting to warm herself in the strange conversation she stumbled into unexpectedly.

"I was just about to start my 'earn a living quest', though I didn't really expect to meet someone who was already experienced enough to own there own pet at this point. And I will gladly accept assistance? May I ask why though you would wish to accompany me on this?"

@Hestia

Of course i would love to accompany you on this. I say cheerfully with a grin as i look at you. So what's your name? I ask curiously as i open up my menu and sends you a party invite to make things much simpler in terms of doing things. For this quest all you gotta do is collect some materials that you can find, and then go towards whatever NPC has the profession you are going for. So let's get doing so while we talk. I say with a smile as i start to walk towards the meadows that are on the first floor after seeing you starting to follow me. So then. What job are you going for? I myself am a performer so i can craft items to help find monsters, or familiars easier, and later when i am more experienced i can craft healing items, and then finally can craft debuff items. I say to you as we walk. My familiar Kuro eying you up as if judging every little detail about you.

I look at your clothing and nods my head able to tell you must be fairly new since otherwise i could imagine you wearing different armor since new players seem to find that a comforting thing, or just something to do. I smile knowing i could be wearing my armor also, but i find more comfort in these vanity clothes. I nod my head finding that the girl beside me is rather cute, and seems to be a bit younger then me in her appearance. I am just glad it is not another child like the last player i had met that was younger then me. However, this does confirm my theory that their could be even younger players which brings me much displeasure in knowing children are getting involved with this game which is practically living in a war everyday. That is what i could imagine this game is like.

Illia winced realizing she had been a little absent minded, the girl had introduced herself to her but she was still adapting to different cultures, even if it was customary to introduce oneself to begin with. A slight hunch would reveal a polite curtsy to her acquaintance that had just offered her services. Undoubtedly a higher level player, even if it was a few to a dozen would be of great assistance while trying to acquire materials. Her flustered face down down cast itself to her shoes, the pink pigment in her cheeks only blossoming like the cherry trees that once sprouted all about japan. The body language and appearance all showed a rather awkward young woman before her as she continued to introduce herself discussing how she had been a performer after finishing her own quest identifying that material gathering was the only means to complete it..

"Right, sorry I"m Ir-llia. Illia. Sorry just a small slip of the tongue I guess. I am hoping to aid those around me by creating my own restaurant to feed the populous of Aincrad. At least if I ever manage to make a honest living out of it, there are so many players taking this quest it probably is just a waste to bother starting a business."

Illia was surprised by the different uses of the performer profession crafting buffs to help others and find creatures. It was quite the unique skill tree to specialize in though she knew foods had similar uses. Her green eyes glanced up for a few seconds until once again falling to their shoes as she was feeling a bit strange from the gaze.

"Well I suppose we ought to go out and search now right? Besides the more materials the better I believe."

The girl was soft spoken a she started making her way back out of town in the direction of the fields.

@Hestia

I smile a bit and nods my head as i travel with you towards the fields. I notice the name slip and figures you are not use to saying your character name for your actual name. As we walk i wonder if i should say my actual name to make you a bit more comfortable with everything. Seeing that your entire posture, and way you're carrying yourself is showing that you are a bit awkward and a bit not use to communicating with others. That is what i pick up at least. Well it is fine if you're not use to saying your name Illia. How about i help you with making things less awkward with that. My name is Ember Nite. I say politely to you. Wanting to help try and make you feel as less awkward as possible. While yes that it is true that making a business out of things might be a bit difficult when you have so many others taking this quest. You must also think how many would choose jobs that they think would be more useful. Like blacksmith, or tailor, or alchemist, or tailor. Not many people seem willing to take up the cooking, and singing helm of things in favor of those professions. I tell you to try and boost your spirits. And with that you get a bit of unique bonus since you can craft things others couldn't, and do...whatever your profession does. I think it gives buffs to players. I say very unsure of what the chef does in terms of their craft.

As we arrive at the field i immediately begin to try and search for any materials to help you along with the quest. As i look around i find nothing to begin with, and knows that finding any sufficient amount could be a slow climb upwards since finding materials isn't the easiest thing to do.

#89940  LD: 11

Illia continued at a slow pace, her body swishing back and forth with her rather strange uniform. Even in game she had designed her vanity outfit for the pack she got to appear like that of a white coat. Illia now blinked, shocked that her companion was so readily giving up the information that she presumed to be of her in the real world. Irene now glanced down thinking of herself back home in Japan and out of this game which her friends had advised her to test out. It seemed like they would never get the option, unless of course they wanted to condemn themselves to the same possible fat laying in a hospital bed. She could only thank some higher presence that they managed to find means to transport the unconscious bodies without disconnecting them from the game. The fact she was still here meant she was alive, unless their minds were all uploaded so she ought to make the most of a life she had here anyway.

"Well thanks for that, I really do hope that one day I will be able to set up a small buffet for the companions I have met along the way. Perhaps if I even become a big name I will invite you and your friends to come eat there. It will all be on the house if I have managed to make a name for myself."

A gentle smile gracing her presence as she now began to watch as the other girl started searching about the forest floor. Her own eyes would now start to scourer the area in search of the ingredients she would need for the quest. As she glanced along the forest floor she smiled watching as her companion seemed to miss some.

"Here is some."

The girl giggled plucking what seemed to be a few herbs that would be excellent seasoning for a meat dish.

ID:89944 LD: 19

T1 Material x1

@Hestia

Edited by Illia

Well i know you will one day be able to cook that meal that you wish to Illia. Also just know that while cooking can be used for a meal. This is a game so the food also comes with some kind of buffs most likely or some kind of bonus. I remind you just encase as i grin happily for you as you find some materials. Not asking for your name since i know you would offer yours when you feel comfortable doing so if you wish to do so. Having added the part about the meal giving bonuses since that is another important part when deciding to craft it to try and give the best bonuses in preparation for a fight. So Illia lets try to get to know each other since we could be at this for a little bit. I suggest with a smile. Do you have any plans for your build? like being support, a tank, or DPS? I ask you curiously as i continue looking around for some kind of materials to help you along.  I sigh softly as i once again have no luck once more. I chuckle a bit knowing that this is truly the worst part of this game to me. Trying to find materials since i always seem to have the worst luck ever when it comes to that.

#89945   LD: 12

"Right, I just need to make sure that I don't go spoiling or squandering all the materials I have on cooking. I probably should get a bit of new gear and have enough so I can make a small feast on demand. After all what are the odds of completely ruining your attempt to cook? One in a fourth?"

Illia frowned as she thought about her own odds though she had managed to find materials, the question was whether or not they would be of any use once she was done with all of it. The redhead now glanced back over as she watched her companion move further across the glades of grass. They crumpled under foot just like the real world, though they seemed to return to the pristine condition just after a few minutes of release. The girl giggled slightly watching as she once again came up empty handed from the forest. The question about her own build plans though caused that grief to strike her though as she frowned.

"I actually don't know which type of build I'm going to start off as. I never dreamed of joining the front line before. Though it seems rather selfish for me to simply sit here and watch as numerous people die in attempts to free us. I might go attempt to run a healing build, though it will probably be partially hybrid among all three if it is even possible to do."

Illia's eyes continued to wander across the forest floor as she began to think that this area was picked barren now

"Perhaps we should find a new spot to check."

ID:89948 LD: 12

@Hestia

Edited by Illia

.Well i think you should try to only combine only two of the builds since combining them all while being slightly possible would be a bit difficult. I suggest to you in a gentle tone. If you are going support which is basically healing you need combat aid. If you are going with tank getting a shield, and some heavy armor would be the route to go from what i understand. While DPS is all about getting lots of damage, and using a two handed weapon it seems. Unless you're that killer Death Adder who can somehow duel wield. I say to you as i nod my head completely fine with changing locations.As you mention how you think it might be selfish to not fight alongside the frontlines. I decide i should mention what i think to try and continue a normal conversation. Well that is my goal. To reach the frontlines and fight alongside those guilds that are striving for victory. I say with a small smile. because if we don't join them on the frontline. Eventually their will be none left. I say to you as we walk. Kuro my familiar just lazing in the field as he looks around and follows us after seeing us move away from the area.

The conversation had taken a strange turn, or perhaps just a minor hiccup as she continued to listen confused by the strange comment about a man who was apparently know as the killer Death Adder. The redhead truly had left her head buried in the sand for to long, even the occasional ostrich would have know more about the current events of this game then her. It was a minor derailing through of the conversation as Hestia seemingly wove it into her own hopes and dreams to join the front line. That brought up a new topic though as she also suggested that her idea of building up on each of the three paths she hadn't even known what her own companion was specializing in. After glancing over toward Kuro she smiled seeing that even as an NPC it had developed a bond to the girl making her own thoughts contemplate the interaction she would have if she ever decided to look for a pet.

Illia's parents never let her have one before while she was growing up and the college dorm now didn't allow animals. Perhaps this game could be her escape from the cruel reality that it had ripped her from. The pace would continued forward though as it seemed they would be in for some luck as no monsters or players were out and about to ruin there luxurious stroll for materials.

"This is far more difficult then I would have hoped, are there any buffs to help one's luck for finding materials in the wilderness?"

ID: 89950 LD:14

Edited by Illia

I think i did see a few skills that can do that, and their is a enhancement for that also. I tell you with a nod of my head having seen such things happen before me in the form of Itzal always somehow finding materials in droves before i could ever even find one of them. I notice that you didn't have much to say about what i had said. Did i say something you didn't get Illlia? I ask curiously and then pauses. Ohhh yeaahh you don't know about much of the things that have been happening. Woops my bad. Sorry about that Illia. i say apologetically noticing i mentioned what would've just been a name to you without explaining anything about the person. I quickly focus on finding materials soon after though not wishing to contemplate my mistake much since i would just get more and more embarrassed the longer i think on it.

I then grin as i find some materials and picks them up as they get added to my inventory, and then quickly sends them over to you in a trade not asking fro anything since this quest is about you. Therefor, you should get all the materials that are found during this.

#89951  LD: 20 

+2 T1 materials.

The girl blinked, the material's being traded to her was a kind gesture one that she honestly didn't know if she should have accepted. Her arms slid back behind her back before pressing 'accept' the transaction now blinked as she now had two Tier one materials on top of the amount in her starting pack. Eyes still focused upon the environment about, materials were a necessity in this game and she intended to start out her life with a fair amount of resources. As she strolled along though that strange name continued to pop into her mind as she finally decided that itch was to strange to not scratch at.

"Umm you mentioned a name just then, this killer Death Adder what exactly is he like? Is he just one of those infamous player killers that have been stomping about Aincrad? Slaughtering players like you and I who have no means of defending themselves to the fullest?"

Illia would continued her search as she asked the question the next would be a bit lighter then this subject she started after getting an explanation of the events in current time. The question now was how lucky she would be as she skimmed over the surfaces of trees and the fields.

"I have another question actually as well which is what type of build were you going for to join the front line I don't really want to be redundant if I join them."

She clapped her hands now sinking to the ground picking what seemed to be wheat, hoping that it would make her a fine loaf of bread some day.

Total Tier 1 Material x3

ID: 89954 LD: 17

Edited by Illia

Death Adder. From what i have seen on the monument of life he killed only one person, but from how hated he seems to be. I am willing to put money on that he likes to leave people on death's door and then to leave before the game can add the reason for death being him. I tell you honestly. I don't know why he killed the person he did, but it has set two people in one of the most well known guilds onto a hunt for everything about that guy. Be it information or spending their time getting stronger to prep for facing that guy. I tell you honestly wit ha shrug of my shoulders. Not really know how else to say with what i know about the guy.

I look around for materials and find none sadly as i then answer your second question. Well my build is sort of like a Paladin. I am focusing on bleed, and paralysis for my main enhancements. With my skills being ones to increase the mitigation i gain from my familiar, and the other two being my sword, and my ability to heal other people. I tell you without any hesitation. Wishing to be open with a potential future ally, and maybe even friend if things go well now and in the future.

#89955  LD: 14

Illia's cheeks ran red, her body freezing slightly from the idea of someone so cruel that they would leave their victims fear for death to only be marked off as another name who was lost to a creature or the elements of nature. Shivering in place she now looked down, fear had completely enveloped her or perhaps it was a partial admiration for the serial killer who had managed to earn the respect of high level players motivating one another to reach higher levels of perfection in their own builds and forms. There was a form of admiration that could be had in awe of the Death Adder for being able to kill and respect that the deaths of a player would be soon to come knowing they won't escape a control that she wish she could have in saving lives.

Illia realized that train of though was slightly, uncomfortable respecting the ability of a killer. She could only pray that she would never fall victim to the path he took. As Hestia spoke up she smiled hearing the roll of a paladin tank who planned on causing different status effects against the foes. A paladin for good was also admirable.

"I'm glad, I might try a difference route by being an assassin healer if I manage to find that niche to work. Maybe one day I will be strong enough to also face that man."

She looked down to see more supplies quickly picking them up increasing her stockpile.

Total Tier 1 Material x4

ID: 89956 LD:20

Edited by Illia

Well if you want to go for the Assassin healer their is the skill that allows hiding from enemies. I think there could be some things within that ability that could help you out. I offer with a kind smile. Having a somewhat sad look in my blue eyes having noticed you freeze up entirely when i had mentioned what Adder does. I can only understand what could be going through your man. That the methods he uses to get what he wants being rather cruel in every way. To kill victims without having to take the fall from those actions. I look around for any materials knowing that this quest seems to give more materials based on how many you find. That being something i noticed after i had completed my own earning a living quest. Illia don't chase after Death Adder. At least not by yourself, if you plan to chase that monster go along with the celestial ascendants Itzal, and Jonathan. Those two seem like they are after the player killer because they killed a friend of theirs by the name of Beatbox. That being the only one confirmed kill by this Death Adder that i know of.

I smile as i find another material and sends it to you once more to help you out. Not knowing that you have plenty materials already from their being starter packs. Having not received my own, or at the very least not fully when i joined. Only having received some armor, and a weapon.

#89957  LD: 15

The hide skill tree, it was quite an intriguing perk to have in this game where vision was everything. It probably was an excellent option to invest particularly while her own strength was at an all time low. Her body began to rock back and forth on her heels only to note that Hestia was once again finding materials and sending them her way. It felt a bit greedy to accept all of them, perhaps it was time for her to suggest that any other substances acquire on their adventure should be put to use elsewhere. A notification then shot up on her screen as the mission updated requesting that she return back to the starting city where she could complete it by meeting with another chef.

"I suppose that this quest is just about to come to an end, perhaps if we find any more along the way you can keep them to yourself since I don't really need any more. I believe this quest will drop a reward of material's anyway as a means to get my business off the ground."

Illia would give the forest a look over as she now offered her hand out to Hestia as they would journey back to the Town of Beginnings. The thought of Death Adder still was on her mind however as she began to remember that it wasn't quite the time to be preoccupied. How would events play out, that didn't matter now she could start up her own shop and pay for a new costume to head out toward that Halloween festival.

ID: 89969 LD: 16

Total Tier 1 Material x6

@Hestia

Edited by Illia

Okay illia if that is your decision. I say with a nod of my head as we start to walk back towards the town of beginnings as i look towards you. So illia is their any questions you would like to ask me? I ask curiously as we walk wondering if their is anything you are curious about. Be it questions about the game, or questions about me personally. I have a kind smile as Kuro is willing to walk close to you. Seemingly to have finally accepted that you weren't a danger just another low level player who needed help. Something that Kuro has learned is something i like to do. To help players get off the ground and then help them through quests if they ask for help in them. I look along the fields with a smile on my face as i look for materials figuring i will need some as well if i wish to get started on my business when i have time in between questing and such. As i look around i find no materials to speak of as i nod not minding that as i know if i wanted to find some i could go to Itzal and request to borrow his coat for a small amount of time to increase my chances.

#89972  LD: 11 

The crimson strands swished into the direction of the breeze of that was across the first floor, a chill once again caught hold of her body this time leaving only a faint shiver of her body. Illia continued to walk along with Hestia, her eyes that had been fixed upon their surrounding now beginning to wander as she was watching the walls and safety of the Town of Beginning growing nearer. This was the start of a journey, though there seemed to be no end in the near future they had progressed far through the first couple levels which had taken their fair share of lives. Even now a new man continued to threaten it but this was the way of life now. Her finger fidgeted as she gripped the sleeve of her white coat. The next ordeal was where, what floor would gain the most consumer business while also remaining in a section of the world where she would not have to  fear higher level intervention or bullying.

"It was pleasure working with you miss Hestia, I'm just going to turn this in and join up with a chef NPC to understand the basic skills. Oh, right! I almost forgot we should send one another a friend request in case you want a meal or I simply need more assistance."

Illia's finger gently breezed over her menu, pressing in the air as she maneuvered through the menus till a notification was sent no doubt showing itself up on Hestia's display. A gentle smile and bow would accompany her departure.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, again thanks."

@Hestia

I nod my head. It was a pleasure to me also Illia. You seem like a kind person with a good head on her shoulders. I am sure you will go far in this game both in your skills of being a chef, and that of a warrior. Of this i have no doubt. I say with a smile as i see the friend request you mentioned pop up in my display as i click accept without any hesitation. Feel free to call me if you ever need help with these quests Illia. I can understand they might seem daunting to some newer players. If you want a easy one. Doing the lessons quests is always a good place to start. I advise you with a smile on my face as you bow. Don't keep yourself a stranger to others Illia. Try to get to know others okay. I say with a smile as i make my departure as well. Waving goodbye to a new friend that has been made that day, and hopefully a great chef and warrior that will be able to help us players out with her skills.