[F5-SP] it's coarse, rough ,irritating, and gets everywhere <<The Traveler>>

I smile after having helped out the player named Illia. Feeling rather good about myself after doing so. I dropped off my familiar back at my shop and then teleported to the fifth floor where i am on. I look around seeing sand and just groans. Knowing this floor will be my absolute personal hell. Hating to be near sand since i don't like how difficult it is to walk with normal shoes. I can only imagine how hard it will be to walk in while wearing armor, and having to worry about sand monsters popping up out of nowhere. I look forward and just trudges out of the town that i have found myself teleported in and heads towards the desert having heard of an old lady who needs some help their. Not knowing what she needed help with just knowing the general location of where she is at. I look forward and knows this is going to be horrible since i have zero eye protection from the desert that is going to be blowing sand at my face.

I make my way through the town of Fortaleza passing by all the shops of the town and going through the main gate of the town since that is the only exit from what i can see. Once i step out i see the old woman in question looking forlorn out towards the desert. I make my way over to her. Is something wrong ma'am? I ask her curiously.  Ohhh it's just that my cargo got lost in the desert about a days travel from here. I know where it is,but sadly i am to old, and i have bad lungs so i wouldn't survive the desert out their. Could you do this old woman a favor and get her supplies young lass? I know it can be hard to ask this of you, but i desperately need to continue making a living for my children. She asks of me as the quest pop up menu appears as i click accept with no hesitation. Of course ma'am you'll have your cargo as soon as possible. I say with a nod of my head to the woman as i smile happily and starts to make my way through the desert towards the direction she points me at.

I begin to make my way through the desert as a sandstorm seems to kick up as i quickly raise my arms to help keep the sand out of my eyes, and mouth as i make my way forward through the desert. slowly trudging my way through it as the day has begun at noon as i non need to make a day's travel throughout a desert during a sandstorm. I can only put this up to my terrible luck with these things, or maybe this quest spawns this sandstorm to add some kind of danger that i don't know. I just focus on walking forward with limited vision, and with the threat of getting hurt by this storm from the sand being able to cut a person and cause injury depending on how fast the wind is. I just slowly make my way through this as i already get the sinking feeling this will be a slow, and long day ahead of me.

#89958  CD: 7

Edited by Hestia

I make my way through this desert having to put energy into every step of the way do to how difficult it is to walk on sand, and more so get a steady footing. I continue to make my way through it with minimal difficulty at all. I sigh softly knowing that this day is dedicated to this quest only, and that next day is going to be just me passed out in my bed do to having stayed up all night to make it to this cargo i need to get for the old lady. I can already imagine my head on my pillow resting after having to stay up for twenty four hours with no stops at all. I can just imagine Kuro having his fun of being free to mess with the shop during this time as i only hope he doesn't do anything to wreck it while i am gone.

#89959  CD:5

I find myself walking up a small dune in the desert trudging slowly upwards as it feels like a fight with every step to not slip backwards down the hill. I curse softly as the wind picks up for a few seconds just long enough to cut up my arms a bit with the sand that hits my skin hard enough to cut it up a bit. I just continue to travel not letting this thing slow me down. I see my health drop quite a bit as i realize i don't have my familiar with me protecting me from the damage. I sigh softly as i just continue making my way through the desert that this entire floor seems to be. Just wanting to move past this quest seeing it as a royal pain from the fact that its a day's travel, and having to deal with the possibility of being killed by sand. I chuckle a bit at wondering if any player fell to that fate. Wondering who had to be that unprepared to get killed by this sand. I know i won't fall to such a fate do to my health pool, and the fact i have potions on me that can heal me up of damage that i take.

#89963  CD: 1  

Hestia: 290/300

Edited by Hestia

I reach the top of the dune as i look around where i can through this storm and finds nothing as i get close to the ground and lets myself slide down the sand dune as i keep one hand blocking the sand from hitting my eyes, while the other glides along the sand as i slide down. In this position to provide some stability in all of this as i slide down the dune as i look around for any signs of where the cargo is. Not seeing anything right now as that makes sense since it hasn't bee a day or even close to it yet, but keeping an eye out for anything can be very useful. I also know by the time that i get to this cargo i am going to have to dig it up most likely with my hands from the sand burying it with every second that i don't get to their. Not able to move any faster to it though do to how the sand impedes movement.

#89964  CD: 8

Edited by Hestia

I continue making my way through the desert as i already lost track of time that has passed. The fact of being by myself for once ever since i left that inn hitting me full force for once. I have to actively fight back tears that try to go and form in my eyes. As i feel a bit lonely at this moment not having felt this in such a long time since their has always been Itzal, or even my familiar keeping me company. Now as i travel this desert i am by myself as i truly know at this moment if i died here then everything falls that i worked for. I grip my hands tightly as i refuse to let that happen. To refuse death that could come out for me and kill me. I refuse to accept death as part of my life while within this game. Not caring what kind of actions i will have to get through. Knowing that my father would look upon me with disappointment if i resorted to killing, but i find myself unable to really care. Knowing that my mother, and sister are waiting for me after this game. As i imagine my mother and sister i then pause as my mind begins to imagine a scenario of being free from this game if i ever go down the road of killing someone to stay alive.

#89965 CD: 5

I imagine myself waking from the hospital feeling happy and safe, and after the months pass by news of how people died from accounts of other players get out. I can imagine my family looking upon me with shock and fear that i have had the capacity to kill. I can imagine my mother weeping as she worries about what could happen to me since i am a murderer technically, and what other things i had faced in here. I can see my little sister looking at me with fear rather then pride as she thinks i could turn on her do to knowing that i have killed for whatever reasons. These thoughts as they enter my mind makes my heart twist with guilt at the thought of causing that to my family. To make them scared or worried for what i could do to them if i kill someone here. I sigh softly. Just...keep calm Ember. You won't kill anyone. You won't kill the innocent. Just follow dad's rules of life and you'll make it out of here remaining relatively pure still. I tell myself softly to keep me from thinking i am going insane.

#89968 CD: 7

Edited by Hestia

I continue walking through the desert slowly one step at a time as i look up towards the sky as i see the sun is starting to reach the high point in the sky. Or is it slightly past that? I can't really tell do to the sand making it a bit hard to see clearly as i continue making my way through this storm thankful that the winds don't seem to pick up very frequently. I focus back on the path ahead of me as i pass by many cactus, and having to be careful of my steps or i could hit many of the rocks that seem to jut out of the ground trying to either trip people up or grow to take up more of the desert floor like i have seen some. I chuckle a bit as i look at the large rocks jutting out as it reminds me of the lion king's pride rock thing. I can only imagine a baboon holding my Kuro proclaiming him king when i see those rock formations.

#89984  CD: 5

I continue to make my way through the desert slowly and carefully making sure to not accidentally piss of any monsters that could be lurking within here, or worse fall into some kind of quicksand, or hole that could leave me trapped in some kind of underground cavern. I just continue to walk and move throughout the desert at a steady pace. As i continue to walk i begin to wonder what it would be like to face myself in combat. Would i be terrifying to fight. Actually how would i even go about facing myself? is that even possible. I wonder to myself as i walk through the desert as i ponder this. 'i guess it would have to be in some kind of quest if i ever thought myself, but that seems ridiculous and rather silly. Who would want to become someone else. That is a waste of the life that you are given to have a chance at being unique.' I think to myself.

#89985  CD: 3

Edited by Hestia

I make my way through the desert as i start to feel myself becoming hungry. I start to look for any areas to be safe to eat my meal as i find a nice rock formation that forms a pseudo like area for a cave. I make my way over to their slowly taking 10 minutes to do so as i sit on one of the many smaller jutting rocks to use it like a chair. As i sit down i open my menu and eats a small sandwhich to just relax as i think on who could make some good team members if i formed a small party that i would want to be permanent. I immediately think of Havok that man seeming to be a good choice for being the muscle of the group. I know myself could easily function as the shield of the group to try and defend against attacks. I then consider my options out of the people i currently know who could be the best support. I think to Illia, and Ayame. Those two being the best in terms of that. They both seem like they could fit the support role very nicely. With both of them surprisingly even using the same weapons. However, in terms of personality i can see the difference. Ayame seems more kind and wanting to take things at her pace, and has the same drive as me to get stronger to help out people. She also seems to have this nice gentle side to her. While Illia seems motivated to try and succeed but thinks she wouldn't handle the frontlines that well if she makes it to their. I can only hope if she never makes it to the front lines it is do to her own decision and not the only other option out their.

#89986 CD: 4

I go to eat my food but frowns as the wind picks up whipping my hair around in the gusts of wind as i hold my food close to me and closes my mouth close quickly to prevent the sand from getting within my mouth. I close my eyes tightly and covers my mouth also for good measure. As i am doign this the sand is whipping along my skin cutting it up as the red marks of injury appear all along my body the more the wind lasts. Eventually it dies down as i slowly let out a breathe of relief as i pull my food out and takes a bite of it not caring for the bit of sand that is on it. knowing i'll just have to live with it, and i knew the risk of that happening since i am in a desert. I get up off the rock and brush my armor of the sand that had gotten on it as i start to make my way back into the desert towards my destination.

#89987  CD: 1

Hestia: 280/300

I continue to make my way through the desert slowly trudging through it with a annoyed look as i have my arm blocking the sand from getting within my mind glad to have that small even if it was interrupted with a gust of wind that caused the sand to once again hurt me. However, considering how bad i have heard these sandstorms can be getting hurt twice for barely any damage is anything to worry about. I just smile wondering if it was this easy for the people who had come before me, or did this game update. Actually had this game updated at some point? I find myself curious of this answer and makes sure to speak to Itzal about that later, or maybe Jonathan, or any other player that has been around for a bit. Figuring they would be the ones to ask since they would've been here from the beginning possibly.

#89988 CD:3

As i continue to walk along the way in the desert i start to notice that it is slowly getting colder as i make my way through the desert as i quickly unequip and equip some gear. Putting on my my jacket that i use when i travel the fourth floor, and then quickly reequips my armor. Having read back in the real world that deserts get really cold in the night, so i figure wearing a coat will help keep me warm during the night. I look around the area with my blue eyes wondering what the next quest i should take is. Knowing their is a few possibilities for me to go in terms of completing them. I know i could do the sand shark one i have heard about, or skip this floor and snoop around the sixth floor to see what is their. I think and wonder what that floor has knowing their is some kind of famous waterfall at the very minimum that is their. Not knowing anything else besides that.

#89990  CD: 12

As i make my way through the desert the weather seem to get colder as i can only figure it is night. I try to look up and through the storm that is barely blowing now i can see the perfect moon lighting up the sky, and the many starts that are out. I smile a bit at the beautiful sight as i decide to stop walking and to just watch this. To look upon the sight of the planets, and stars providing the light for people like me. People who travel during the night and let the sky guide them, and protect them on their journey. I smile as i look up feeling strangely a bit better as i remember in terms of the universe i am barely noticeable. That thought having always been a comforting one to me since that means that i shouldn't have to worry much if i can't leave that much of a mark on history of the entire universe. I lay on my back as i stare upwards for a bit letting myself relax for a bit figuring the sight of this could be one of the rarest sights i will ever see. To see every star, and the moon out being a rare one indeed.

#89991  CD: 12

Edited by Hestia

I smile as i continue to look up at the stars, but knows that i must get up and continue onwards if i wish to complete this quest. I get up off the ground and stretches out a bit taking things easy as i continue forward towards where that old lady told me was the cargo that is most definitely going to be buries, or at the very least going to be mostly buried. I just sigh knowing that digging that thing out will be absolutely annoying, and i can only hope that it turns into a grey menu item type of thing by the end cause having to drag that back would be absolutely exhausting otherwise. I continue my trek through the nighttime knowing my sleeping schedule is going to hate me for doing this.

#89992  CD: 11

As i walk through the desert i smile a bit as i continue forward not stopping for anything as i can only let my mind wander to pass the time. I look back and wonders how much i have accomplished within such a short time of being trapped within this game. I then think on if i went through so much in so little time.How much have others experienced in being active for years in this game, and having their own adventures and dangers they have faced in this world. The thought makes me wonder how on earth people have survived up till this point if they fight opponents greater then what i have faced now and have lived to tell the tale of their mishaps, and adventures of the good and the bad. I smile a bit knowing that if this has happened then their is so much more that can easily be achieved and accomplished. This game can be beat.

#89997  CD: 9

Edited by Hestia

As i make my way through the desert i start to smile and looks surprised as the sun starts to rise as i wonder where the time has gone in all of this. I chuckle a bit, but is thankful knowing that because of that then this quest is almost over. I start to look around for anything that could resemble a cargo gone missing. I take careful steps not wanting to run the risk of kicking it if it is fragile, or more so what i am worried about stubbing my toe. Hitting such a thing on such a small part still hurts like sky high pain even if it such a tiny part of the body. I just take careful steps to counteract that as i do my best to stay safe since that is my priority when questing. Making sure i am safe, and if i have partners to make sure they are safe above all else. Even going as far as to deny them going with me on the quest if i think their life could be in danger when going on it.

#89998 CD: 4

Edited by Hestia

I continue to travel throughout the desert as the sun starts to rise up in the sky as i grin at the sight as the warmth to the desert start to return. I quickly unequip my jacket that is under my armor that i am wearing as i continue looking for any signs of the cargo that is hidden underneath the sands on the desert that i am in. I walk along as i gaze from cactus to cactus. From giant rock formation to another looking for any signs of this cargo. I then think for a bit and realize i have no idea what it even looks like leaving me with the fact i should probably just look for a cart, since the old lady could be a merchant. I smile a bit as i think on that word as i am immediately reminded of a childhood favorite. Remembering the avatar cartoon and remembering that cabbage merchant. The thought of it makes me chuckle as i couldn't be happier his joke was done twice. Having found that to be funny back when i was young, and it makes me curious if i would get the same amount of amusement if i watched it again after this game.

#89999 CD: 8

I continue walking and grins as i spot the cargo in question as i quickly run towards it. Taking stumbling steps since running in sand is pretty difficult and could lead to falling do to trying to take steps to quickly for your foot to fully sink into the sand however much it does. I grin once i am near the cargo as i sigh in relief as it comes up as a menu thing as i take the quest item as the cargo disappears after that. I then turn around and realizes i will have to walk the entire way back now. I sigh softly having forgotten about the way back as i quickly start making my way back towards the main town of the fifth floor. Going as fast as i can wanting to end this quest quickly. Wanting my skill, and levels for accomplishing it so i can move onto the next quest in the line on this floor.

#90001 CD: 12