[SP-F1] These.... Really? (Third Lesson)

Spencer sighed, he was back at these again. He groaned silently to himself as he made the <<Lesson>> quests his main quest now, telling him where to go and what to do. "These are soooooo boring. Why do I have to go these." He groaned against and began to walk, going down the road. He had finally gotten his profession (he hadn't opened his shop yet) and was level 10. He was pretty happy with his accomplishments, thinking he had finally started to get where he needed to be, making his way to higher and higher levels of his character, and getting better equipment. He didn't know exactly he would be getting, it was between Accuracy and Evasion, he really wanted both of them, but he had to decide between the two and pick his favorite. "Hmm.... I'll pick it when I find out exactly what I want." He said to himself and walked down the path, catching sight of the female NPC he needed to find.

• 1 month later...

The female was sitting there, basically just drawing and observing the area and drawing what she saw. The woman would be very breath taking, if he went that way in the slightest. Spencer held the package out in front of him and started his walk towards the woman, hoping that this would go smoothly. He walked closer to her, and she turned to the man, giving a light smile and setting her items down. The system's automatic responses kicked in and the quest started. She began to talk and smiled. "Hello, is that for me? That blacksmith is always thinking of me, he is such a sweet man.. But I have a favor of you to ask. A gem that I need to finish this item is hidden in a cave guarded by a beast. You seem to be able to defend yourself rather well, but I'm not as strong as you are, are you willing to get this for me?"

Spencer inwardly sighed, why is he not surprised that it doesn't end here. He took a moment before answering. "Sure, yeah I can do this for you." He smiled weakly, but the system did not pick up on that. "Oh great! That's amazing thank you so much! Here's a map for you to find it." She smiled and returned to drawing, the conversation was over like that. He groaned softly and started to walk. He was getting tired of these quests, but he thought this had to be the last of them... right? He couldn't think of what else he could be doing. He already went through some of the professions, there isn't much more he could go through, maybe performer or maybe a fisherman, but he hated fishing so he was really hoping that it wasn't going to be that. Welp time to find this cave.

• 1 month later...

Spencer ran his hand through his hair, he was not looking forward to more exploration. He knew that he had to get these quests done, its just that none of it really sounded appealing. Doing the same three quests over and over again, only with some minor differences, isn't something he is going to want to keep doing. Nevertheless, he shrugged and trudged on, making sure that he was actually going to get where he was going. I wonder what everyone in the guild is up to right now.. Halloween is coming up, so maybe they are costume shopping. They seem like such a tight knit group, I hope I can somewhat fit in with all of them... especially after what happened with Death_Adder.... That definitely was something. He shivered involuntarily and kept walking, trying to block out the sad thoughts of it all.

Well, in other news, maybe I should start worrying about getting a familiar call? I haven't really been needing a familiar, but it would be nice to have a companion, an adorable animal I can play with and have around to keep me company when I'm bored. I'm guessing it's going to be a penguin, it's the only animal I've been able to think of that sounds right for me. But that means searching on the fourth floor in the freezing cold with nothing warm except my cloak... ugh. He groaned inwardly and kept walking, the ground staying even, but in the distance he could see mountains, signaling the entrance to the caves the woman talked about. "I'm really not in the mood for a difficult battle, so don't you try anything cave." He said aloud to himself as he got closer to the mountains.

As the mountains were getting closer, Spencer started to wonder what exactly he would be dealing with. He knew that the woman wanted some sort of gem, but he had no idea for what reason, and what the gem would do for her. Probably for that ring thing I gave her, wait I'm pretty sure that is what it was, I really need to pay attention more than I already am, because I really don't remember anything from what she said except for this gem in a cave. But oh well I suppose, I'll deal with whatever comes my way luckily. He shrugged off his thoughts and walked through the green plains. He didn't know if it was specifically that day, but the way the cool wind cut through the high stalks of grass and grains was something that he could distracted by, even though he didn't really want to be there doing the quest.

Finally, the mountains were getting a lot closer to view. Their shadow was slowly starting to cover Spencer's body, before finally swallowing up most of the light, he had to no longer shade his eyes from the sun. He rubbed his eyes for a moment before letting them adjust to the dimmer light, the mountain becoming a bit clearer. The rock face was very steep, to the point that it almost looked like it curled in on itself as it got even higher into the sky. "Luckily I don't go all the way up to that point, just at the base." Spencer started to scan the rock face at eye level, looking for any type of indent that there could be that shows that there is a cave there. There. He thought to himself as he saw the ground start to go lower, sloping down farther from his line of sight.

Spencer approached the entrance slowly, walking down the slanted ground to stare into expanding darkness, not the best way to make starting a quest easy. He groaned audibly and hoped there was a torch deeper in. "I guess.. here we go." He mumbled and entered the cave, slowly approaching the innards of the cave. There was a small off on the side of the entrance in an adjoining chamber. Spencer sighed with good luck and picked it up, continuing his walk into the caves. The place was dark, the ground was pretty level, and the rocks were secure. "Man, it seems like this quest is only made for this cave particularly." He nodded a bit, seeming as though there was nothing else in there, not even any type of monsters. He continued his search, seeing a gleaming light in the distance.

Spencer looked at the gleaming with a small smile. Yay, what I came here for.... it can't be that easy, can it? He thought to himself as he started to slowly approached the gleaming. The gem was laying on a crumbling pedestal, it was a shock that the gem hadn't fallen off and landed on the ground by now, but somehow it still stayed on where it was. Spencer shrugged a bit and went to grab it, then paused. "This could be a trap... but this also could be made to look like a trap so no one would take it, welp. I need to take the risk." Spencer reached out a took it, which was a big mistake. A loud rumbling could be heard from afar off distance, but it grew in sound quickly, and before he knew it, a shadow was encroaching on the light that the torch was creating.

ID: 93250 BD: 1 MD: 7 (50 - 16 = 34 to myself) (14 Thorns Damage to Monster)

The first hit was more than he was expecting. The cave guardian took Spencer by surprise more than the player was expecting. It swung out quickly and knocked Spencer into the wall behind him, sending him basically to the ground. Luckily he still had his gem in hand, same with his mace. "That... Hurt... a bit." He grumbled and stood up, but the monster's health was already in the red. "W-what. Oh wait! my thorns!" He was more than a tad bit shocked on the fact that the monster had hit his chest plate and basically almost killed itself on the first hit. "This is going to be over faster than I expected." He twirled his mace and got ready for an attack, hoping this battle to be over as soon as it starts.

Spencer:
HP: 186/220
En: 20/22
Dm: 3
Mit: 16
Thorns: 2

Cave Guardian
HP: 4
Dmg: 5(Does not gain bonus damage from crits)

Edited by Spencer

ID: 93251 BD: 7 MD: 5 (3 Damage - 4 = 1 HP left for Monster).

Spencer readied his mace, ready to make a strike on this overgrown beast. He lunged for Spencer once again, but this time he was ready. He quickly rolled out of the way, the monster stumbling and hitting the wall instead of Spencer. Spencer smiled a bit and swung his mace forward, colliding with the creature's back. The creature roared in pain and spun around, breathing heavily. The man looked up at the boss's health, it was at a fraction of what it was when he first encountered it. "Dang, one more hit should do it for you." He muttered and glared at the beast, ready to make the last stand and fight to finally get rid of it and move on from this battle back to the woman who needed the gem.

Spencer:
HP: 186/220
En: 19/22

Cave Guardian
HP: 1

Edited by Spencer

ID: 93252 BD: 10 MD: 7 (5 DM - Mit = 1 DMG to Spencer) (14 Thorns + 5 Dmg (Crit) = 19 Dmg = -18 HP = Dead)

And that was it, but not without a leaving blow from dear friend bigfoot. The monster was enraged, being defeated so easily. It lashed out at Spencer, clipping his arm. He winced when a ghost pain hit, luckily the game didn't really give that much pain when it comes to fighting. He looked at the creature and struck out as it hit his arm, the two blows making the creature howl in defeat, slowing crumbling away into blue crystals that dissipated around the floor of the cave. Spencer sighed a bit and picked up the crystal, he must have dropping it on the last attack that he just did. "Okay, now back to that lady and the quest is done." He smiled a bit to himself at the thought that the quest would be done that quick.

Spencer:
HP: 185/220
En: 15/22

Cave Guardian
HP: -18

Edited by Spencer

Spencer sighed and holstered his mace. The battle was over and he had the gem, so he was starting to hope that it might be it, for the quest that is. "Okay, back to her, return the gem, and get this quest over. I hope that I might be able to get some sort of good item with this too, a man can dream." He shrugged a bit and went forward, hoping for the best, but expecting mediocrity. Maybe the guild will do something soon, maybe there will be a halloween party. Usually during SAO there is a big holiday party for the entire game where players can mingle, hoping that something like that happens this Halloween, maybe something good can come out of it. Like a man? Or maybe just a friend. Or maybe both? I'm getting ahead of myself, I'd still need to find a costume for something like that.

Spencer slowly started to leave the cave, the light hurting his eyes a bit as he couldn't adjust to them quickly. He rubbed his eyes a bit and started to stare at the ground as he walked, making note of the way he entered the cave so he could leave in a less painful manner than he was at that moment. He rubbed his eyes again and slowly looked up into the forest in front of him. He couldn't remember the exact way back to the woman, but he knew the general location of her, so he was ready to finish the quest, but he was way too lazy to start running. So, he decided to have a nice stroll in the sun that he really couldn't see too well. Hmm, I wonder what I'm going to do after this. Maybe I could see if other people need to do some quests and I could do it with them, but I may take a small step back from doing these quests, they are boring.

Spencer looked around the forest and saw a small stream running through the forest and he smiled a bit, thinking that he was going to rest. It seemed that he always went and took a nap during these solo missions, but napping seemed nice to him, so why not. Spencer sat down on the fallen log and rolled his mace along the ground, kind of bored, but also wanting to sleep. He placed his mace down and drew a circle in the water with his hand, staring at his reflection. He sighed a bit and stared at himself, letting his thoughts dissipate into nothingness and his eyes to glaze over as he started to space out. He was like this for a while until a rabbit shook him from his space out. He looked up with a small smile and laid down on the log, letting his eyes slowly start to close.

Spencer woke up with a start, the dream he was having was about Death_Adder, but he was the one being killed. The dream involved the others in the guild not really caring that he was dying, even some of them laughing at him as he slowly started to break apart into blue crystals. Spencer was in a cold sweat when he woke up, and he was panting hard. He sighed a bit and calmed down after a moment, wiping the sweat off his brow. He groaned a bit and picked up his mace, the sun was luckily in the same position so he wasn't asleep for long. He stood up and started to go through the forest, just walking aimlessly. The dream really got to him because sometimes he didn't feel that close to the guild, like he was stuck on the outside with their close knit group all together and friends, but he tried to make that not bother him.

Spencer was walking around a bit, not really knowing a direction. He was trying to find the girl but also not find the girl at the same time. He was done with finishing these quests so he was more interested in just searching around, but at the same time he saw way too much of this floor so he was ready to go. So he was confused at the same time, well all the time. He sighed and looked up, and he thought he saw the woman off in the distance, so he started to speed up his walking. finally get this quest done then start to work on whatever I have to do next later, but I think I'll take a break from it all. He started to walk towards her and her eyes turned to him, the NPC started the conversation. "Hi! have you returned with the gem?" She asked with a smile.

Spencer nodded and brought open his menu, holding the gem in his hand. "Here, I hope this completes the ring that you need to complete." He smiled and she smiled excitedly. She handed Spencer a ring and he smiled a bit. "What's this?" He asked and she looked at him. "A reward for you for getting the gem from the cave. Think of it as a sign of gratitude. Also, could you possibly take this to someone for me?" He sighed and nodded. The woman handed him a package and started to talk about where he had to go, going to a fishermen who needed this right away. He nodded and put it into his inventory, not looking forward to this. "Thank you again sir! I need to make this ring or I would do it myself." He ignored her and started to walk, he really didn't want to do this.

Spencer started to walk in an aimless direction and saw a bench to sat on, so he decided to sit down. He sighed a bit and sat down, looking up into the blue sky. So, if I don't do this quest now, what would I do it with, or when would I do it. Hmmm, this is kind of boring just doing them by myself, maybe I'll find someone else to do these quests with, maybe someone around my own level, but I have no idea who I could do it with. Maybe someone will join the guild that I could do it with. Or maybe someone already from the guild? Wait no I'm the lowest level, so maybe not them, hopefully I can find someone to do it with. He sighed and closed his eyes. He had already slept once during this quest, so he thought he could do it again without anything against him, so he decided to.

Spencer started to drift off. He was pretty tired after all, but he was having a dreamless nap, except for the nightmare he had earlier. This time it was different. He was Death_Adder killing himself, thinking dark thoughts about how he was a weakling and how he didn't matter. Spencer shot up and panted loudly as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead. Dang, these dreams are not the best ones that is for sure, I really need to get better dreams, but how do you just get better dreams...  I need to do more than just these quests maybe some more guild stuff, or maybe even some parties? The holidays are fast approaching and maybe Halloween and Christmas will have some fun times... hopefully He sighed and got up for the bench, walking towards the center of the town.