Level: 17

HP: 340      Energy: 34

+2 damage

2 base damage

35 mitigation

+14 thorns

+2 paralyze

+1 Taunt

+1 recovery  (+1 energy on a CD roll of 6+)

Equipped items:

Revial: (damagex2, Paralyzex1) ( one handed curved sword)

Ruby Armor: (thorns x2, Recoveryx1) (heavy armor)

Twilight Shadow: (paralyzex2, tauntx1)

Kuro: (27 mitigation) (tier 1 protection familiar)

Skills:

Rank 2 curved Sword. (+2 damage)

Rank 1 combat aid: heals 4% per rank of a party member's health (rounded down)    Energy cost: 5% of healing done (rounded down

Howl: Active Post command.  Energy Cost: 10     Effect: Adds +3 Hate each against up to 4 targets.

Rank 1 Heavy armor: +8 mitigation

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 1:

Survivalist Rank 1: passive Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 20 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.

Protector familiar: Rank 1 +27 mitigation

Battle Inventory:

Matriarch's stinger- +1 damage for one battle.

Tier one over-health potion- (+50 Temp HP)

3 tier one health potion- (+40 for each)

I exit my shop holding my sword and shield as i smile a little bit as i look at them. Feeling proud to hold them as they are. I slowly make my way towards the town of Snowfrost where i know Havok should be waiting for me if my message to him had sent correctly.

Spoiler

To: Havok

Hey Havok it's me Hestia. I would like for you to meet me at Snowfrost. Their is a fieldboss quest like the queen bee that needs to be put down to help you grow stronger. Plus i would like to get some revenge on this guy for humiliating me last time i fought him personally solo.

I continue to make my way through the snowy fields of the fourth floor as i look down towards my familiar with my blue eyes. Smiling a bit glad to have my eternal companion at my side. Taking each step with carefulness, but also purpose. Being mindful of possibly being attacked, but not letting that thought or fear get to me. Knowing that i can't allow myself to fear death like i had allowed myself. To allow myself to just be me without worrying to living up to some standard that is impossible do to my own making. I enter the town of snowfrost and heads towards a little ice sculpture in the town that was made by something. I just stay here and wait for my partner figuring he will find me eventually. having all my combat gear with me.

@Havok

Edited by Hestia
Spoiler

Havok

Level: 6

HP: 120  Energy: 12/12

+2 damage from Weapon

+1 heavy momentum

4 base damage 

26 mitigation

+3 Keen 

Equipped items:

Rare Great Spear: (damagex2,) ( 2 Handed Assault Spear)

Spiked Pauldrons: (Mitigation +2, Heavy Momentum +1) (heavy armor)

Fang of Fafnir: (+3 Keen)

Unequipped Items:

Andvari's Blessing (LD +3)

Siege Breakers (+1 Heavy Momentum, +1 Thorns, +1 Regen) (heavy armor)

Golden Rose: (Damage +1, Bleed +2 )

Skills:

Rank 1 2H Assault Spear [+3 DMG]

Rank 1 Heavy Armor.

Taro yawned as he got the message. Again he had fallen asleep, and again his dreams had decided to have a mind and direction of their own. They were too tame to be nightmares, but far too harsh to be anything close to happy times. Which in turn let to some insomnia, but he had to power through it all. If he wanted to catch those people he looked up to, he needed to get stronger, push his limits past the comfort zones, and ultimately, make new friends. Which had all started with Hestia to be honest, she had urged him onward and upward. She had shepherded him through a few quests he had no right doing, but her dependability was a testament to her character. 

Still, he felt far more confident than he had in days passed. His gear had been built and paid for in full. All that he was missing was a familiar to get things where he wanted to be. That was for another day, but for now, there was something to kill. He was more than ready. 

Teleporting to the 4th floor, Taro yawned a little before following after Hestia's advice. Once he saw her, he waved and ran over to her. Poor boss was about to be destroyed! 

@Hestia

Edited by Havok

I wait by the ice sculpture just admiring the beauty of it as i let myself relax. Learning how to do so after finally so long. I watch the sun's rays reflect off of it in every which direction. I see the ice shimmer and sparkle glinting just right as the sight is rather beautiful. I smile as the light also reflects off the particles of pure falling snow that is coming down. Everything seeing so peaceful and happy like nothing could ever go wrong. As i look around the rest of the town i spot Havok coming over and waving as i wave back with a smile. Remembering his words to me that day when i felt like the world was on my shoulders and have crushed me. I can only think of the person who is before me as a true friend and ally to have if he was willing to stay at my side and trust me after that.

Hey Havok. Are target is ice elemental Avalanche. He shouldn't be much trouble for you since you can deal the damage while i distract him with my initial hate drawing ability. I say with a grin on my face as i motion for you to follow me. Heading northwards towards the tundra of the fourth floor. The location of the field boss. He shouldn't be much trouble honestly given our combined strength. I say as i look over to you with a grin. Showing extremes amount of much more self pride and worth then when i did last we met.

Tarno grinned as he saw the ice sculpture that Hestia was standing near. It was exquisite and just utterly beautiful. If this is what waited for him in upper levels, it was definitely time to get moving and just push forward. Which drew his attention to the girl herself. She seemed to be in better spirits since the other day, and that was good. He was honestly rather worried about how things could have gone, but she seemed to have both pulled herself together but also fully recovered. Which was a good thing, because a sullen and down Hestia was not a good Hestia. She was a joy to be around, and it had hurt Taro in the soul to see her down in the dumps. 

"Hey Hestia, am glad to hear this! I did not think it would be that much trouble, but better prepared than not, you know?" Taro stretched a little and gripped his spear tighter as they went deeper into the tundra. "Good to know, does he have any special attacks or anything? Or mitigation? We have yet to see anything like that - well at least I have not. Just interested to see how boss mechanics work here."

Nope the boss is totally normal with nothing special to him Havok, and you haven't seen any mitigation or special attacks yet cause of the quests i have been taking us on have been specifically avoiding those things. I want to make sure that when we go to face those your attack is as high as it can be to bypass such mitigation. Once i am sure of that i have a quest in mind for us to take, and maybe Kyoto once he is stronger also, and finishing up the quests he is doing with those guildmates of his. I tell you as we walk through the Tundra as the snow slowly starts to thin once we enter the Tundra area of this floor. In the mean time we are walking through the snowyfields of the fourth floor as the cold is all around us. Have you been up to anything interesting or fun Havok while i was busy dealing with some things? I ask you curiously. Making sure to avoid directly mentioning what the thing was. I smile as i continue to look around at everything the fourth floor is. Feeling like i am right at home on this floor since it reminds me so much of childhood i can't help but like this floor despite its temperatures.

Taro nodded and almost raised his hand to ask a question, but instead he pulled it back. Her logic was sound and well thought out; he could hardly find any problems. Even then, truthfully they were more about preference and less about the concept of flawed thinking. She had done both her homework as well as mapping out the course they would take. He could look past the indecision when she had a down day, because everyone - every single person - they questioned themselves at different times. It was just human nature, but the true leaders, like Hestia there, they pushed past those fears and uncertainty and made sure to make the correct decisions. 

"Nah, not been up to anything I would call fun. Just been finalizing my build and armor. Finally have all the gear I will need for the foreseeable future. Just need to go get a familiar and keep leveling up ya know? But ya, I am looking forward to getting to the point that all three of us can party together. I think we have a lot of great synergy, and would love to see it in full effect."

I nod with a grin liking that idea also. I agree also Havok when all three of us can team together we'll be a force to be reckoned with in one way or the other. Those quests monsters will be hard pressed to actually do any damage since they'll be dying to quickly to do anything. I say with a smile on my face and speaking in a hopeful and cheerful tone. As if i believe what i say to be true, and that nothing in this world could change that idea no matter the circumstance. Also with us getting use to our formation now we can maybe when we get to the frontlines just be a group with no changes at all. I say with a smile on my face as we continue walking through the fourth floor as i keep out for any signs of ice elementals starting to appear. Knowing that when that happens Avalanche will be nearby.  Kuro my familiar is in the air keeping an eye out for Avalanche also by using his extra height via flight to look around.

Taro had to think a minute as Hestia mentioned the frontlines. He was a little hesitant on that note, they were cohesively very strong, even strong individually, but it was because of boosted armor and stats. The monsters at the high levels could easily kill them all in a one shot move if mitigation was ignored. Even now, realistically, Taro could be tagged by monsters on this level since he had not sold out for pure mitigation. Instead heavy momentum, which was going to be less important moving forward, was the early enhancement he had picked up. And...for all the kind words he had spoken about Kyoto, he had not actually seen the younger man fight. He had no idea about his build either, just that it seemed he favored lighter armor.

That could work, but they needed to ensure they were on the same page. "Front line would be fun. But even you are still a ways off, let alone me or Kyoto - you know? We need tier 2 items to even sniff that kind of difficulty, which means another...twenty levels or so for me." Taro chuckled at that thought. It was still good to have goals. "I thought I saw something moving off to the east there, wasn't sure if it was the boss or not. Seemed smaller than I would expect."

Smaller? Ohhhh ice elementals then seems like we'll be spawning the boss manually like i did. I say with a nod of my head as i motion for you to follow me forward towards where you saw the monster. Avalanche is spawned by killing his little ice elementals that are about. However, sometimes you can see the figure lumbering about on his own. I would prefer to think it was do to whoever left the Avalanche out their retreated instead of dying. I say as i concentrate on moving forward to whatever the little enemy is like. And i know we need to be stronger havok that is why we'll be working on dominating these quests together so we can beat them together to get to Tier 2, and then eventually Tier 3 items so we can stand shoulder to shoulder with such legends like those on the front line. I say cheerfully with a smile on my face as we enter towards where the ice elementals were at. However, i notice they seem bigger then last i met them also more intimidating for some reason. I can only assume we ran into ice elementals that will actually give us loot when we kill them.

Taro stopped up as she mentioned the ice elementals. So there was trash to clear? Taro smiled at that idea. He desperately wanted to see kill something. If only to get their collective confidence firing on full effect. "Ya I know, just meant that every day is a good day when you have friends with you, ya know?" Moving towards the ice elementals, Taro held back a little and contemplated an idea to himself. Hestia seemed confident and sure of herself, and for that Taro was grateful. But there was something else he wanted to float towards her. Nah actually, better not to. She was in her zone, and causing any kind of distraction that might throw her off would be counter productive and the opposite of what he wanted to do. 

Looking over at the ice elementals, Taro grinned again. "Well, they seem more than willing to give us a fight. You ready? I am hoping we have to clear them to get to the boss."

Of course i know Havok. nods my head with a grin as i look towards the elementals and compare my strength to theirs when i can think of it. As i think on it i shake my head figuring that if we did fight any more then one at a time it would be a slow and drawn out process to kill them one by one. Let's just move onto Avalanche Havok i'm sure given enough time he will form and try to kill us, and fail horribly. I say with a nod of my head as i start to move away from the ice elementals. Normally having been willing to tackle them, but after my experiences i can only conclude that doing so would needlessly put me close to death which would leave you to fight Avalanche until i can heal up which wouldn't be enough time to keep you safe.I just look around the Tundra looking for any big walking ice monster that is bigger then these ice elementals. That being the sign of Avalanche the monster since obviously seeing the creature would be able to find it easily then.

Taro just about charged in, but realized what Hestia meant when he saw the health bars of the individual ice elementals. They were...far stronger than he anticipated on the fourth floor, and it occurred to him that Hestia may have been a curse as well as boon in these circumstances. Sure, she just about eliminated the danger of Avalanche, but here she had spawned monsters that were too far above Taro's level. He cursed that he was still so low, but acknowledged that her words were probably smart. Why risk some danger for loot when the most important thing at this rate was getting rewards from these quests. They needed to plow through the skill points and level up. Taro wanted to be level 10 as soon as possible. 

Taro finally grinned and nodded up towards a small rock. Behind it was a taller elemental, but still smaller than the rest of the 'trash' mobs roaming the area. "I think he's over there, though I might be wrong again too. Hopefully we can end it's poor existence soon heh."

I continue looking around before finding Avalanche the mighty beast standing before us as i grin happily. i take my blade and prep myself for combat. The Avalanche looking pretty tall. Not as tall as a tree but still fairly big for things. However, if rumors on this floor are correct their is another quest with this guy where he grows to be taller then mountains. I hold my sword and shield as i grin as i activate my howl ability as i point blade at the enemy Avalanche. Come at us and fall like the rest you monster! I say loudly as Avalanche has his sole focus on me now as i quickly then move away from you. Moving in a arc like manner to try and get Avalanche to look towards where i am and stay looking where i am.

Howl: +4 Hate to hestia   energy-10

[H:4] Hestia: 340/340  Energy: 24/34

Havok: ??/??    Energy: ??/ ??

Avalanche: 100/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

Taro waited for Hestia to finish her howl, drawing the large elemental's attention. Of course as was par for the course, things did not go nearly as well as they should have. At least not starting off. While he ran towards the creature, aiming for a simple thrust, Taro realized he miss calculated. His attack which should have been an easy, center of mass aimed thrust went far right. It was not the furthest he had ever missed, but it was still maddening. Of course, the familiar hum clicked in and he cursed. Heavy Momentum had activated for some extra damage if he could hit. That was a big if.

However, Avalance had no such issue as he followed the aggressive Hestia and leaned over, smacking her with 2 large icy fists. Taro closed his eyes as he recognized what that likely meant: a critical hit. So instead of missing or even taking thorn damage, the boss chortled and waited for it's next opening.

ID# 90247 results: 

Battle: 3,  MOB: 10, +2 = 42 Damage - 35 MIT = 7 HP loss for Hestia

Howl: +4 Hate to hestia   energy-10

[H:4] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 24/34

Havok: 120/120    Energy: 11/12

Avalanche: 100/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

Edited by Havok

I grunt softly as the fists connect with my shield pushing me back twice with the hits i look up at the boss as i hold my blade in hand as i decide it is time to start hoping with my one attack that i can do to do damage. I then pause and grins having a different plan in mind as another attack came to my mind. I grin as i move forward quickly as i move towards avalanche as i slash along his chest twice before he could even react as i then move in as if going to attack once more but once he goes to swing i jump onto his arm and quickly kicks off of it. I then spins in the air slashing at Avalanche's area where he sees as i then land. The mighty beast falling to the ground as i land gracefully. The creature not moving as it lands. Ohhh stun, and paralyze interesting. I say with a chuckle. If not a bit overkill

#90248   BD: 8  (paralyze happens, Stun lands. Avalanche's next attack doesn't happen)   5x3=15   (-6 energy rising sun+1 energy natural regen=-5 Energy)

[H:6] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 19/34

Avalanche: 85/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

Edited by Hestia

Taro watched as Hestia recovered and moved in for her second attack. Her strike was sure and devastating as it easily found it's mark. In fact it was so thoroughly effective that her sword art, Taro was not sure of its name, stunned the creature while her sword enhancement also proc'd. It was certainly a good, smooth feeling. Taro followed up quickly, his strike now fully on point. His spear crunched through frozen husk, sharding off icy chunks that flew off. He grunted with satisfaction as he pulled the tip out and backed out to move around the creature, getting ready for the next opportunity to get an attack in. 

Of course Avalance himself sat there, befuddled as the remnants of his stun were about to wear off. The poor thing had no chance as double stuns had come in from Hestia's attack. Still, it was dangerous enough to cause her some damage, so they needed to finish it off quickly.

However, unlike every other fight in the past so far, Taro had a trump card. His ring began to hum and glow with a soft white aura. Fafnir's greed had activated. His next attack would be Keen.

ID# 90249 results:  Battle: 10 +2 DMG, Mob X - Stunned.

[H:4] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 19/34

Avalanche: 76/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

I grin as i see Havok start the attack once more as i hold my blade once more planning on starting a poor chain of events for the giant known as Avalanche however at the sametime doing this is risky since it eats away at my energy much faster then usual. I move in again with my sword art as i smile as i feel the energy in me as i once again slice along the wounded Avalanche's arms and then slash at his eyes again blinding him again with the attack both being critical and paralyzing the poor beast. I back away as i then turn to face Avalanche and chuckles. Wow again? Today isn't your day Avalanche when you can just get pinned down by stun attacks? I say to the dazed Avalanche who can't even here me do to how he is at this moment.

#90250 BD: 9 (paralyze, and stun)  CD: 8 (+1 energy do to recovery)    Rising Sun DMG: 5+1x3=18 DMG     -6+2=-4

[H:4] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 15/34

Avalanche: 58/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

Taro grinned a little as he saw Hestia yet again deliver in spectacular fashion. Her attack was on spot, and the sword art was beautifully executed as it landed with thorough conviction. If that was not enough, yet again, she stunned the beast with her skill preventing it from evading or moving. Of course, even if she had gone with a conventional attack, the result still would have been the same. Her sword was particularly potent today, it's enhancement doubling up yet again. At this rate, the poor creature just would have no chance at all. At all. 

Of course with Keen active, Taro was given some grace as he felt his leaping swing on Heft err a little, but due to the enhancement up and running, the strike landed. It again provided a resounding and satisfying crunch of impact. Not quite on the level of damage that Hestia was throwing around, but it was getting there. Avalance just floundered again, unable to do anything but be whipped and slogged apart by a spear and sword.

ID# 90251 results: Battle: 3 +3 Keen = 6, Hit. Heft = 6 Base DMG x 2 = 12 DMG. 

[H:8] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 15/34

[H:2] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 10/12

Avalanche: 46/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

I just smile as i move in towards avalanche however the beast gets up tired of being our punching bag and goes for a punch that i quickly dodge over and slides along the icy and snow covered ground as i stare up at Avalanche. His cracks in the ice and peaces that are missing showing clearly on the monster as it had gotten up. I hold my sword and shield ready for combat once more after the surprising attack from Avalanche. Not expecting it to have gotten up so quickly do to the other times showing it took Avalanche a bit. I keep my distance a little bit, but is still glad i was able to damage this beast this time around and not just leave it all on Havok to deal the damage. I look up at the beast wondering what its plan is now that it is up and going.

#905252  BD: 1  CD: 7  (+1 energy d to recovery)    Rising Sun: miss (-6+2=-4)

[H:8] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 11/34

Taro grunted loudly as he saw Hestia's attack go wide , the sword having not failed her dramatically thus far not kicking in this time. Which in turn let Avalance free of it's crowd control. Which would lead to damage racking up quickly if they were not smart. Thus, Taro moved forward eschewing a sword art in favor of consistent damage at no expense of energy. Again, he aimed from the side at center mass, but again, the attack fell wide. It was much like his first attack, and it felt a lot like his third attack. However, this time he did not have Keen from his ring to bail him out. Instead he cursed as he felt his familiar friend. Heavy Momentum rang out from his shoulders.

Of course, for all of that Avalanche had nothing to add in excitement. It's attack went way over Hestia's head, easily missing her. While it was fortunate that it missed, it was unnerving how long this fight was taking. Well either way, it was time to push forward and end this.

ID# 90255 results:  Battle: 3,  MOB: 2

[H:8] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 11/34