[F4-PP] A shattering time <<Avalanche>>

I run towards the monster avalanche as i go to swing at his chest as the fieldboss just smacks my sword as i try to use rising sun dealing no damage as i then tries to punch me as hard as he could as i raise my shield in response. A long 'Clang!' going throughout the field as icy fist met steel shield as i remain standing even though the fieldboss is applying as much pressure as he can to make me yield even though i am refusing to do so. Hey Havok a little help right now in the form of a sword art would be helpful. I say with a slight strain in my voice from having to keep Avalanche's fist from pushing me to the ground. Trusting in you to hit the beast with your attack strength. Knowing you can do so if you just try.

#90258  BD: 3  MD: 4

[H:8] Hestia: 333/340  Energy: 6/34

[H:2] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 10/12

Avalanche: 46/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

Taro sighed and cursed the sheer chances of them all missing again and again. It was like a curse, they either hit on critical strikes or missed all together; the boss would be included! Hestia did her best, but her attack missed it's target yet again. It wasn't her fault, and realistically, her damage should have chunked the thing down far quicker than it was. Same could not be said for Taro just yet, but he should have had an easier time than he was. Grunting to himself, he activated Heft and tried to launch the attack. Of course he flailed like an idiot, his Heavy Momentum still activated and humming in annoyance. This was definitely the way things would go.

And just like that, Avalanche roared and delivered another bone crunching hit on Hestia. The attack was clearly a critical hit, and would have done serious damage had she not been specialized in avoiding damage.

ID# 90259 results: Battle: 3, MISS,  MOB: 9 40+1 = 41-35 = 6 DMG

[H:8] Hestia: 326/340  Energy: 6/34

[H:2] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 8/12

I grow a bit irked by these attacks that are happening. Not really caring for being hit as i know that comes with my duty. However, the constant missing bringing up the memories of that wasp queen as this starts to play a very familiar way of constant missing. I hold my sword and goes to attack the Avalanche however my sword doesn't even carve the tiniest little saving of ice when my sword lands a attack as the Avalanche just looks down at me. I quickly try to back up to either make it hit my thorns by maneuvering my self or hopefully dodge a attack to allow you a chance at hitting this thing.

#90260  BD: 2  CD: 7 (+1 energy)   -6+2=-4

[H:8] Hestia: 326/340  Energy: 2/34

[H:2] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 8/12

Taro gave up. He just wanted the freaking thing done. It should not take this much effort to drop a boss he could likely solo. Yet, here they were missing over and over. Except for when Avalanche deigned them worthy enough to be hit. Then he decided to wail on them with all it's effort, putting thorns and the like on a shelf somewhere - rendering them moot and not applicable. Taro grunted, attacking with full force. His choice of attack was again Heft, and by the gods, he hit. It delivered a crunching blow that felt good. The Heavy Momentum fell off, but Keen kicked on. It was time to end this for sure.

And Avalanche did decide to her Hestia, again. It's fists balled up and walloped on her with both hands with devastating force. She shrugged it off, but this was getting annoying. 

#90261 BD: 8 = 7 DMG x 2 = 14 DMG, MOB: 9 = 40+1 = 41 DMG - 35 MIT = 6 DMG

[H:8] Hestia: 320/340  Energy: 2/34

[H:2] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 7/12

Avalanche: 32/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

As Avalanche goes to attack i move my shield to block the punch and when the shield and fist meet i don't budge. I don't move from my place as i look up towards Avalanche. As i move in towards the mountain of a opponent and just swing horizontally cutting into the beast with Rage Blow. I look towards Avalanche with a grin on my face, but can see it move signalling that i didn't get a paralyze on it which would've been super useful at this moment. I stay where i am not allowing myself to falter anymore only apply more and more pressure and not allow myself to be pushed back. Following the lessons of Morgenstern that he taught me. To not falter or let the wall fall or my comrades would be in danger. I apply that here and now not letting my rage get the best of me just channeling it as needed to protect.

#90262  BD: 7  CD: 6 (+1 energy)      Rage Blow: 5x2=10   (-2 +2=0 energy loss)

[H:10] Hestia: 320/340  Energy: 2/34

[H:3] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 7/12

Avalanche: 22/100  (Attacks do 40 damage)

Taro grinned as their luck turned. Hestia landed a solid attack, one that let an opening for him to follow. With Keen up and running, now was the time to capitalize. Using Heft as his attack again, Taro leaped up and delivered a definitive blow. It was nothing ground breaking - or ice shattering in this case, but the blow seemed to cause Avalanche to stagger back some.Taro nodded to himself, his job done for now. Now they had to ride out the counter attack.

Maybe it was staggered after all? Of course that was a joke as it was not truly dizzy or the like, but it's blow seemed to lack the earlier forces. It struck Hestia with it's one hand, but even though it did damage, it's health was burned away by Hestia's armor's thorns. Thankfully the whole kit and kaboodle was done. "Good job Hestia! Check to see if it dropped some loot!" 

ID# 90263 results:  Battle: 6 , 6 DMG x2 for Heft = 12 DMG.  MOB: 6, 40 DMG - 35 MIT = 5 DMG. 14 Thorns taken.

#90262  BD: 7  CD: 6 (+1 energy)      Rage Blow: 5x2=10   (-2 +2=0 energy loss)

[H:10] Hestia: 315/340  Energy: 2/34

[H:3] Havok: 120/120    Energy: 5/12

Avalanche: DED JIM

I grin happily seeing that things worked out in the end as i tell you. It did drop loot in terms of a quest reward Havok. I say as i look around the field and grins as i walk over to a certain area and pulls out a treasure chest that was buried within the ice. using my sword to carve into the ice to get out the chest in question. After getting the chest out i turn to you with a eyebrow. Now then do you think you can open this without summoning a mimic this time. I ask in a joking tone. Showing i mean no home with that statement just making a friendly joke between the two of us. I look towards where Kuro is and finds him blending in with the snow once more one of Kuro's favorite passtimes on this floor. To hide within the snow to blend in and feel the icy chill of the snow against his body.

#90264  LD: 16 (chest found)

Taro grinned broadly as she brought up the concept of the mimic and such. Yeah, he had bad luck before, but he felt it changing the longer the two of them worked together. Gripping his spear, he leveraged the spear tip into the chest's opening. Grunting to himself, he prayed a little to the gods and began to pry it open. For some reason, the chest itself almost seemed to resist the attempt, and Taro's eyes narrowed. But eventually it gave way, and he popped it open. It was then that his eyes opened wider than the chest as he read the description of the loot. 

"800 COL, 10 T1 materials, 2 unidentified perfect weapons, and a unidentified perfect Consumable"

"You've given me the consumambles in the past, so I figure it is only fair you get this one. But you ok with splitting the rest of the booty down the middle?" Undoubtedly, their luck was turning. Taro could only grin so big, but he kept trying anyways.

#ID 90265 Result: Loot 18 + 3 [from ring] = 21. 

Edited by Havok

I smile a bit at hearing that as i just nod my head figuring that i wouldn't change your mind at all with my words just accepting the small bit of kindness you gave me. Right down the middle Havok. I say with a nod of my head as i accept the trade request you give me giving me half of the loot from the chest we got as the reward for completing Avalanche comes in also at the sametime as i nod my head knowing the reward well. Well Havok that is quest 1 of today. I hope you have enough energy in you to face giant bats in total darkness. I say with a grin on my face showing that today begins another day of me putting you through the questline ladder of everything where all we have to do is survive as best as we can. Ready to go partner. I say smiling happily and cheerfully my tone matching my smile.

Summary:

Hestia: 600 COL, 5 T1 materials, 1 unidentified perfect weapon,1 unidentified perfect consumable, 1 SP,  Snowfrost

Havok: 600 COL, 5 T1 materials, 1 unidentified perfect weapon, 3 SP, Snowfrost

(<<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle. [The wearer will only take half damage from the burning damage over time effect])