[F2-PP] Protecting the light <<Let Their Be Light>>

I smile as i enter the town of Urbus once more for the second floor. The town where i met my partner, and where we'll both continue our adventure in becoming stronger through combat. I just walk forward as i wait for Havok to follow me through the portal. The sun being about halfway through the sky at the moment as i look around at the town. Finding the act of just watching the people go about their day to be now rather relaxing instead of adding unto my nerves of wondering why i am doing nothing. I look towards the wonderful blue sky that isn't interrupted by anything as i feel the wind against my skin. My familiar Kuro already lazing around on the ground not feeling threatened or worried since it is the second floor, so he is not on high alert looking out for any possible threats.

As i look towards my sword and shield i can only smile knowing this is going to be a rather easy fight or hopefully so after you land the first hit that is needed in that dark cave.

@Havok

Edited by Hestia

Taro smiled some and cracked his neck. There was a lot of work to be done, but he was getting a lot more confident. A lot more confident. His build and attacks were slowly coming along, and soon enough he would be able to complete it. However, that was harder said than done. He needed to track down a familiar and needed some luck even then. Soon enough though, he would rectify that little detail. He wanted something a little more engaging than Kuro, but he could not really choose it. That was more of an organic process, where one had to go with the flow. That was for another day, another worry.

As he walked into the town, Taro equipped his equipment for the coming quest. Hestia had mentioned it not being too tough, so it would be interesting exactly what it consisted of. They had faced some haunting enemies, but this time, it would likely be easier. He was just glad to be moving forward and upward.  

I wait at the cafe that i usually do when i bring a partner to those floor. Observing the people with a calm look as i scan for my partner who i couldn't mistake anyone else for. Having gotten to know what Havok looks like allowing me to easily pick the man out of a crowd. I scan the people that pass by till i see Havok within my eyesight. I get up out of my seat and head towards him with a grin on my face. Kuro following right behind me seemingly to brighten a bit when seeing you in sight. Apparently my familiar has taken fond of you and likes you. As i stand in front of you i smile as i look at you. Okay Havok the quest starts by a mother running up towards the person who hasn't taken the quest, and asks them to help find her daughter who got lost in the cave. I tell you how to start the quest as i have a smile on my face as i point towards the northeast. That is the area where we will find our cave. However, we first need to wait for the crying mother. I say with a grin on my face.

I smile a bit as i see your armor and weapon as i can already see the major difference between the person who i found, and the person here before me now. Yourself looking much more strong, and confident in your skills and abilities. I can only smile a bit at the sight as i wonder how much i have changed during my time. I can only assume a lot from lots of fights to the death by my self, and then almost dying, and then facing embodiments of my fears. yeah i have probably changed a lot.

Taro's thoughts were elsewhere, in a different world. Thoughts about his mother, thoughts of his father - they were ever present for him, weighing him down. Yet, they also provided a certain solace on lonely nights as he remembered that there were people waiting for him. No matter how much of a nobody he was here, he still had fans back hopefully rooting him on. That perspective caused anyone to adjust their world view. And he still needed a damn familiar. He knew that there was more of aesthetic to that, a more holistic approach, but he missed the camaraderie  of a dog, a cat - any kind of pet really. He was actually jealous of Hestia on that note. Kuro had taken a liking to him, and the little bugger seemed to the perfect compliment to Hestia. 

And lo and behold, as if summoned, the young lady pleasantly ambushed him. As usual, she had a smile broad and ready. And as usual, she started in on the whole quest and what they would expect. "Sounds good! Though, a crying mother is a bit deep heh. Still, sounds good. Where do we wait?"

It is more so we just walk around and wait for her to- I get cut off by a mothering going up to you and gripping a bit of your armor and weeping. My little girl is trapped in a cave towards the northeast mister warrior. Can you please save her! I have money if need be just please save my baby. She begs you as tears run down her face as i look over to you and chuckles a bit at the luck of that of the quest giver appearing as we were mentioning her. Speaking of quest you get a pop up in your display of the quest asking if you wish to accept it or not. I calmly wait for you to accept it with a smile on my face. I quickly look around and finds the northeast and once you accept the quest begins to lead you towards it. Knowing that completing these quests as fast as we can is a bit fun to do since it allows us to tackle more and more of these to help you get stronger.

Taro was nodding along to Hestia as she was interrupted and Taro himself was accosted. Gut reflexes almost made him flinch and get defensive, but the back of his head he knew what was happening. Hestia had just him this type of thing would likely happen. The woman's words were passion filled, hidden behind messy hair and sobbing. Taro's heart broke a little, emotions getting the better of his rational thoughts. However, he pushed them to the side as he smiled at the woman, accepting the quest. "With any luck mam, your daughter will be home for dinner." 

Taro knew better than making promises, even to NPCs, that he could not ensure. However, he felt comfortable in this one case, but he still did not make that promise to the woman. Whether just coding or not, reassurances should be enough. His promise to go and get her daughter, spear in his hand, would have to suffice. "Let's get going Hestia."

I nod my head and gesture for you to follow me as i look towards you. Okay as i said the cave will be dark enough where it will mess with your accuracy. You can see why i waited on this right? I ask with a chuckle remembering our luck and track record with hitting monsters so far have not been our specialty. Our goal is to kill two giant bats we can do this one of two ways. One where we try to kill them one at a time or go after both which would allow my AOE move to at least hit once based on probability. I tell you as we walk along the road. What about you? Have you upgraded your weapon rank so that it has AOE in anyway either? I ask you curiously as we walk along the path towards the exit of town to then make our way through the forest and into the cave that will await our fight with the giant bats.

Taro nodded to himself, thinking a bit before chuckling to himself. "No, I have not upgraded my skill but I do have an AoE attack. It's not the most damaging by any stretch, in fact, your thorns will still do far more damage. My suggestion is to try and get a couple AoE's in and let the creatures hurt themselves before we both try and kill them off." It was a solid, if unspectacular plan. It was effectively the plan they had used in each and every fight thus far. Sometimes it had gone well, sometimes it took some luck. But each time they had ultimately prevailed.

"Alternatively, I could just try and rush one down myself while you do the Area of effect attack. But if you are using this as a chance to teach me how to fight multiple characters at once, I am more than willing to follow your lead. I would always regardless." He tapped his spear along the ground as they walked. It would be an interesting fight and quest either way.

I nod my head with a smile hearing that as i think on that. I say we should do AOE attacks to begin with. That way you can activate your keen right away so we can then switch gears for you to hit the enemy hard cause of the keen bonus while i stay doing AOE moves so we can kill them. The first question we should be asking is do i use Howl first or do we just go in swinging and hope they don't attack you. I ask as we make our way towards the exit of the town as we then exit it. My familiar Kuro starting to fly right away to act as a sort of guide in finding this cave by having a higher view of the area do to his wings. I nod towards my familiar for willing to put in energy into this to help me out. I then look towards you. As i said it depends on how you wish to do. If i do howl i'm sure both of the bats will be able to hear us so that would be our plan of attack which would make this rather easy since as i said AOE attacks will make activating keen easier. With Keen you could then hit one of them hard with one of your single target attacks. I say with a smile.

Taro watched Kuro fly off, the familiar looking comfortable as it flew up and around. Hestia's thoughts were solid, almost like clockwork with the young lady. Her thought about the area sweeping attacks was spot on, as it would trigger his keen enhancement. That in of it's self would allow him to chunk the monsters for some consistent damage. He was already eyeing a chance to use heft consistently. But more than that, he wanted to get to his second rank of that skill tree. There would be some explosive amounts of damage with those new sword art attacks. It would more than worth the wait.

"Hey, you know, I think you might be right. Do not worry about howl here, but I will let you attack first. Which ever creature you hit, your taunt should generate some hate. More hatred than me means I can hit that one you tag, and then after that, perhaps you use howl. Thoughts?"

Well if i land a attack that means i would get more hate then you which would make Howl not necessary. I tell you with a smile. All i got to do is out hit the enemy. I say like a challenge towards you with a grin on my face as we continue to make our way through the forest as you start to see a opening in a hill up ahead. The inside you can't even see as it is totally pitch black inside the cave. Kuro lands once we are close to it and looks up towards me waiting for my signal or for anyone to go in. I look towards you and nods my head as i then enter the cave. Putting my hand against the side of the cave to make sure i don't walk in a circle while inside this thing. Knowing that would be a horrible waste of time. After about 2 minutes you can hear loud screeching from inside the cave along with cries of terror. As i hear the cries of terror my mind enters that of a warriors and protective sister. As i focus all my energy into fighting the enemy ahead.

Taro steeled himself. There was nothing overtly terrifying about the coming fight, should be a cakewalk in all reality, but there was something emotionally devastating about a small child either being kidnapped or lost. The mother for example, she had hit on too many different little notes: love, terror, sadness, and just a whole slew of them. If someone had any kind of empathy, they were immediately taken in and hooked into the plot of the little quest. If the young girl was anything like the mother, Taro could understand how Kyoto had nearly lost it when he had done this quest earlier. Hearing the same things that Hestia heard, Taro looked at the woman and urged himself forward. Even in the darkened tunnel, Taro could feel the bats just before they came into view. 

"Alright Hestia, not that we should ignore the girl, but let's get this started. Attack first and I'll follow up after you go in."

You got it Havok just stay careful. I say as we traverse the dark cave that makes visibility almost impossible. Barely able to see our hands in front of our faces it is that dark. Eventually the wall of the cave turns into a arcing circular motion to show that it is in some big clearing. Once we enter here you can see two health bars pop up with the title of Giant Bat on them. You hear a screech of defiance as the two immediately take flight. As i see the two bats come in i hold my blade and charges forward planning on ending this as soon as i can. I quickly spin my sword once i am close enough as i see a red line form on one of the bats as i see the other just fly over me. Both of the bats missing me entirely as i grin at the luck of that. Okay Havok! Hit them if you can! I say with a grin.

#90408 for Bat #1  BD: 9-1=8 (paralyze proct)    MD:1  CD: 10 (+1 energy do to recovery)    5x3=15

#90409  BD:2-1=1 MD: 5

[H:2] Hestia: 360/360  Energy: 31/36

Giant Bat #1: 35/50 (does 20 DMG if lands attack)

Giant Bat #2: 50/50

Havok: ?/?  Energy: ?/?

Edited by Hestia

Taro watched carefully, eyeing Hestia's movement. As soon as she saw the bats come into range, she put her heart and soul into her move. Activating an area of attack sword art, Hestia channeled Farrant Full Moon and seemed to just angry. Her attacks missed one of the creatures, but it nailed the other square in the center mass. It let out a loud shriek that made it clear which had been hurt. Following up her on her momentum, Taro thrust his spear forward as he activated Sonic Charge. It was an AoE rank 1 attack he had never used. Which was good, because it failed him horribly. Not only did he miss the second bat, but the first one, the one she had hurt? He watched in horror as he was no where near where it had been. Familiar with those critical hits in the past, he knew what an utter miss felt like. He had no chance of hitting either of the two creatures with those attacks. Which just further angered him, but he had to step back and get a better feel for where they were. Of course Heavy Momentum was now in effect, gratefully. 

ID# 90410 results:

Battle: 1

ID# 90411 results:

Battle: 2

[H:2] Hestia: 360/360  Energy: 31/36

Giant Bat #2: 50/50

Havok: 120/120 Energy:  10/12

Edited by Havok

I see no new injuries appear on our enemies as i can only assumed you missed. However, i can't think on that to long as i quickly make my way towards the bats once more as i prep my sword as i jump upwards and starts to spin as fast as i can using Farrant Full Moon once more.

#90412 Bat #1  BD: 4-1=3  MD: 10     Bat: 20+2-35=1(minimum)

#90413  Bat #2  BD: 2-1=1  MD: 7 CD:11 (+1 energy)    Bat DMG: 1(minimum)    Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:2] Hestia: 358/360  Energy: 26/36

Giant Bat #2: 36/50

Havok: 120/120 Energy:  10/12

Taro grunted as he saw Hestia whiff again on her sweeping attack. It was a bad, bad fight going on, and it meant that it would take longer than either one of them wanted it to. Yet she was trying, and dealt damage as one of the bats struck her rather weakly. In fact, it took far more damage from even grazing her than it dealt. Taro could only grin at that, but he heard a crunch and knew that one had scored a critical hit on her. Of course, he followed up quickly with another Sonic Charge and this time it hit on the first bat. It and Heavy Momentum chimed in the damage. Of course Keen was in effect after that for his next set of attacks, as he missed the second bat.

ID# 90418 results:

Battle: 9 -1 = 8 Hit! , 7 DMG

ID# 90419 results:

Battle: 2

[H:2] Hestia: 358/360  Energy: 26/36

Giant Bat #1: 28/50 (does 20 DMG if lands attack)

[H1] Havok: 120/120 Energy:  9/12

Edited by Havok

I grin seeing a red slash mark appear on one of the bats signaling that an attack has been done. If the health bar of the one attack is showing it has been the one we have been damaging the most. i can only grin having a feeling this can end rather quickly. I hold my blade as i calm my breathing and focuses intently on where the health bars are and where in relation they can be towards my opponent. I move in towards my opponent as i swing my blade within this very dark cave as i don't hear any screeching as my eyes widen for a brief second realizing i must've missed horribly. Then the two bats grab onto my arms and flies before letting me go letting my body hit a wall as i fall to the ground with a small groan of pain from being thrown into a wall. I slowly get back up wondering why is it always my luck to have this happen to me.

#90422  BD: 2-1=1   MD: 10     Bat damage=1 (minimum)

#90423   BD: 1-1=1(minimum)  MD: 9 CD: 11(+1 energy)  Bat damage=1(minimum)

[H:2] Hestia: 356/360  Energy: 22/36

[H1] Havok: 120/120 Energy:  9/12

Taro groaned as he saw what happened. The bats were somehow far craftier than one would expect. And instead of Hestia being able to put consistent damage on each, either from those little thorn damage hits or her whirling blade strikes. As if it was just her luck,she dramatically missed and was only critically hit by the monsters. It almost made Taor wish there was some kind of aura that dealt damage, maybe half thorn damage, if someone was hit regardless of critical hits or not. But still, with Keen active Taro knew it was in his best interests to strike while the iron was hot. Charging up for Heft, Taro took a running leap at where he thought the first bat was and tried to slash downwards. Unfortunately, he barely missed as there was no contact and his shoulder's Heavy Momentum kicked in. Next time. 

ID# 90424 results:

Battle: 3

[H:2] Hestia: 356/360  Energy: 22/36

[H1] Havok: 120/120 Energy:  8/12

I look towards the bats as i can hear Havok going in for a attack however no change in the health bar occurs as i can only watch that. Havok it seems like we're having one of those days. First Avalanche now bats. Seriously what is our luck today. I say in a tone that is clearly annoyed as i hold my blade as i prep for attacking the giant two bats once again as all i can do is hope that the attack lands. I slash into the first bat as its health turns yellow as i grin at the progress as i dodge out of its strike by pushing off of it. However, the second bat was able to follow up by pushing me into the ground. I quickly maneuver my shield towards the ground as i collide grunting softly in pain as i can only think that having one part hurt is better then the alternative. Which would be my back being slammed into the ground.

#90425  Bat #1  BD: 7-1=6  MD: 5    5x3=15 DMG

#90426 BD: 6-1=5  CD: 10  MD:9    Bat Damage=1

[H:4] Hestia: 355/360  Energy: 18/36

Giant Bat #1: 13/50 (does 20 DMG if lands attack)

[H1] Havok: 120/120 Energy:  8/12

Taro curses loudly and kicks rocks as Hestia states the obvious. "I know, I know. I want to skewer these little buggers all kabob like and maybe serve them to Kuro." Taro was obviously kidding, mostly. Still the attacking went on as Hestia attempted her whirling attack again, trying to pin both of the bats. But of course, she only pegged on of the damned bats. It was a solid hit, but this was going far, far longer than it should have. Avalanche seemed to breed chaos even here. 

Grunting, Taro activated Heft again, this time supplemented by Keen and Heavy Momentum. Of course, it did not matter as his spear went wide as he landed. It was almost unbelievable how bad their luck was. Soon though, soon they would get their break. 

ID# 90427 results:

Battle: 1

[H:4] Hestia: 355/360  Energy: 18/36

Giant Bat #1: 13/50 (does 20 DMG if lands attack)

[H1] Havok: 120/120 Energy:  7/12