[SP-F3] Fateful Evening [Complete]

Vigilon had been bored out of his mind as of late, and the afternoon was already starting to draw to a close. He swung his blade, finishing off another enemy, and received nothing from it since his level was too high to be able to loot it. "Aggressive mob here, aggressive mob there, kill them both, hardly anything happens... Guess the day's just not over yet. I'll have to pull overtime at this rate and go into the evening..." Training wasn't easy, but it could sometimes get boring, or with little reward. He decided to gather materials for a bit as he waited for something more challenging, but not too challenging. Meanwhile, near, but not within the perimeter of Delilah, a player was walking, just starting his time to train. He had been practicing a new kind of daily life, in case he was to cause an incident. "The group of players I've found will probably ask me to do something sometime, and I can't let them down. Guess I'll have to use more than words to get rid of weeds now..."

NPC players within thread:

<<Garixon>>

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon looked to his left and to his right, and there were plains all across the horizon. The sun would be setting soon, so now would be the time to gather materials before sunlight ceased to reveal them. He looked around, then spotted something slightly glimmering in what remains of the light. He walked over, discovering it to be some ore half buried in the ground. He managed to pull it free from the ground(With some difficulty) and stashed it from his inventory. Veriost got bored again, and fell asleep. "Might just be a small while before I fight again, so sleep on, Veriost." Had Vigilon been able to guess what would happen, however, he would have instead nudged her back awake so that they both would be alert. Vigilon sighed, and continued on, beginning to draw near towards the nearest safe zone, Delilah, which was about a mile away from where Vigilon found the ore chunk.

ID# 90633 LD: 19+1=20(+1 T1 Mat)

<<Garixon>>

Edited by Vigilon

While Vigilon was walking peacefully, the other player, Garixon, was starting to think about when he would make his first necessary attack. "As if it would possibly be this evening, though. I'd probably end up finding a bunch of mobs instead." He looked to his left, and to his right. Nothing in sight so far. He sighed, scratched his head, and kept moving forward, eventually spotting some leather popping out from a small patch of tall grass. Mistaking the leather for a monster, he thrust his dagger into it, doing absolutely nothing but ruining a perfectly good material. "Dang, must be the lighting. I should be getting used to the differences between outside the safe zone in the daytime, and outside the safe zone in the night, even the evening. Either way, I'm going to need to do something other than just walk among nothing... But what exactly when there doesn't seem to be any mobs in sight?"

<<Garixon>>

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon kept walking, and then he thought he saw a figure visible in the orange-ish light from the sunset. He walked towards the figure, eventually recognizing the player as that one player who had dared Vigilon to make his familiar search in the fourth floor. "Hey there! Yeah, you! I recognize you! You were the one who dared me to search floor 4 for a familiar, were you not?"

Garixon was walking when a familiar voice called out to him. He turned to see Vigilon. "Well, shoot. He lived." He had no other choice, but he would wait for now. "Yes, it's me, Garixon. Its...nice to see you again." He said halfheartedly.

It was Garixon, all right. He seemed to respond halfheartedly, but it may have been because he was tired or something. "Right. So, I just wanted to say thanks for that dare. Otherwise, I don't think I would have found Veriost here." He replied, nudging the small white frost dragon awake as he spoke. She yawned and stretched.

<<Garixon>>

So Vigilon had taken the dare, found a familiar, a small dragon to be precise, and lived to tell the tale. Lucky dog. Garixon had actually expected the floor's monsters to get him. "So...How did you do it?"

Vigilon listened to the question, which wasn't hard to answer. "Someone tagged along with me while I searched. The only monsters I saw were potential familiars and such. Lucky trip, I'd say."

Figures. Someone just had to tag along. "Oh, it was a lucky trip all right, but no more hiding my intentions, it's confession time for me. See, you were supposed to die at the hands of monsters you couldn't handle. Since you didn't, I guess it's up to me to finish the job of plucking a weed..." He pulled out his dagger, and attempted to attack with Tri Pierce. However, his attack missed. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that, and just caught him by surprise instead..."

ID# 90641 BD: 2(Crit. Miss)

Spoiler

Garixon's Stats and equipment:

Level: 8

HP: 160

EP: 16

DMG: 5(Shadow blade, One handed Dagger rank 2)

EVA: 1(Cloak of Shadows)

Recovery: 1(Cloak of Shadows)

Bleed: 1(Shadow Blade)

Shadow Blade(T1 Perfect Dagger, 2 DMG, 1 Bleed)

Cloak of shadows(T1 Rare Light Armor, 1 Recovery, 1 EVA)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vigilon's stats and equipment:

Level:  12
HP:  240
EN:  29(Base[24], Energist[5])
DMG:  6(White blade, Veriost, One handed straight sword Rank 2)

Mitigation: 9(Sunset's Light)

EVA: 1(Sunset's light)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

Recovery: 2(Sunset's light, Karri's Fang)

Bleed: 1(White Blade)

White Blade(T1 Perfect OHSS, 2 DMG, 1 Bleed)

Sunset's Light(T1 Perfect Light Armor, 1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

Karri's Fang(1 Accuracy, 1 Recovery, 1 LD)

Vigilon: HP 240/240, EP 29/29

Garixon: HP 160/160, EP 13/16

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon couldn't believe what he was hearing. The dare was a trick so that Vigilon could get himself killed!? He saw Garixon reveal his dagger, and Vigilon moved out of the way in time to avoid the attack. "So, let me get this straight, you dared me to search on floor 4, only because you wanted me dead? Why don't you tell me why, and we might understand our situation."

Garixon looked towards Vigilon, and replied to what he had said with, "Let's just say that before I dared you to go there, I learned a bit about you, or, at least, the kind of things you would do if you lived. You would prove to be a thorn in my side, as well as others, too. You heroes and Vigilantes look at us as hoodlums, scoundrels, scum. Sometimes, kid, the only way to survive in a death game isn't pretty, but there are those like you who won't accept that. Now that I think about it, I should have dared you to search in floor 10. You wouldn't have even came close to standing a chance there! but back to the present..." He rushed for Vigilon, and attacked with Fad Edge. Vigilon was unable to avoid the attack, and Garixon's cursor changed...

ID# 90643 BD: 7-1=6(Hit)

Fad Edge: 5*4-9=11

Garixon's cursor has turned Orange!

Vigilon: HP 229/240, EP 29/29

Garixon: HP 160/160, EP 10/16

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was unable to avoid the next attack. He was struck four times, and his HP dropped a bit. He looked at Garixon, whose cursor had just turned Orange. "You've done it now. Congratulations, Garixon, you've just become Orange. You attacked an Innocent player. An innocent player who now has the right to retaliate." The iron chain necklace around Vigilon's neck glowed a bit, and three violet embers appeared around him, another effect of the necklace. The attack had pissed him off, and now it was his turn. He attacked Garixon with the sword art Vertical Arc, striking him twice in a V pattern, also inflicting bleed. He looked to his own cursor near his HP/Energy bar, and saw that it was still green. He almost let out a sigh of relief.

Garixon knew what would come from improvising on this day, but if it meant plucking a weed, then so be it. Vigilon must have scored a critical hit, for he did quite some damage there, and inflicted bleed on him too. "Dang! I should have thought about that!" He then attacked again with Fad Edge, hoping for the best. He hit the vigilante, but it didn't seem to be much, judging from his HP meter displayed under his cursor. "Has he grown stronger than me already?"

ID# 90646 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG)

ID# 90647 BD: 8-1=7(Hit) CD 10(Recovered 1 Energy)

Vertical Arc- 7*4=28

Vigilon: HP 218/240, EP 25/29

Garixon: HP 132/160, EP 8/16, Bleed: 2 turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was ready to strike again, and Garixon was prepared to attack as well. Veriost bared her teeth and growled harshly. Vigilon rushed for Garixon and attacked with Vertical Arc again, but he moved out of the way in time to avoid the attack. Garixon attacked with Fad Edge again, and successfully hit Vigilon. Garixon still took damage, thanks to bleed. "So you think that I'm merely in your way, is that right? Such a shame that you happen to think that way. Is it because I don't tolerate killing without reason or cause? Is it because you and your allies really are just a bunch of selfish killers who don't care what happens to other people from the things that you do?"

Garixon looked at Vigilon. He was throwing in some words usually said by heroic types like him. "We do what we do for several reasons, like keeping potential threats at bay or eradicate them entirely, and of course, because we can and have the freedom to do so. We might not be free from this death game, but we still have a freedom of sorts."

ID# 90691 BD: 4+1-1=4(Miss)

ID# 90692 BD: 8-1=7(Hit) CD 11(Recovered 1 Energy)

Vertical Arc- Failed!

Bleed damage: Garixon takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 207/240, EP 22/29

Garixon: HP 120/160, EP 6/16, Bleed: 1 turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was either confused at Garixon's words, or the words confirmed what Vigilon was thinking. It wasn't exactly easy to process that in the middle of a battle, he had to remain focused enough to deal damage and avoid attacks. Both players attacked with sword arts, but ended up in lock instead(After deflecting any other strikes). "Tell me, Garixon, why do you kill? Do you enjoy such insanity? Do you have a goal in mind, but want nobody to get in your way? TELL ME!!"

Clearly, the young swordfighter was pissed off. He demanded for Garixon to speak of the reason he would kill. As if it wasn't obvious already, but then again, Garixon's intentions couldn't exactly be told by just appearance and/or actions alone. "I'm an initiate to be an assassin, vigilante scum! My new Guild isn't all PK, but sometimes you have to pick off some people before you can really reach your goals, or even help others reach theirs for the sake of your future benefit!"

ID# 90710 BD: 4+1-1=4(Miss)

ID# 90711 BD: 4-1=3(Miss)

Vertical Arc- Failed!

Fad Edge: Failed!

Bleed damage: Garixon takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 207/240, EP 19/29

Garixon: HP 108/160, EP 3/16

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon could hardly believe what he was hearing. Killing people for some kind of goal? What goal does this player, or his Guild, hope to achieve? "What could your Guild possibly hope to achieve through evil deeds?" The lock separated, and both players were ready to attack again. Vigilon attacked with Vertical Arc again, dealing some decent damage to his enemy, although he wasn't quick enough to avoid Garixon's next attack. Garixon's HP had almost dropped to the halfway point, this seemed a bit easier than Vigilon originally thought.

Garixon gritted his teeth when he saw that his HP was depleting faster than he could say "Oops". Vigilon was definitely stronger than Garixon, for this player's HP wasn't going down as fast as his was. "Sure as heck don't know. Out of curiosity, just what level are you?!?"

So this player had absolutely no clue as to what the Guild was planning, or what he was going to do in the future. He then asked Vigilon what his level was. "Twelve. It pays off to grind, you know."

"Twelve!?!?"

ID# 90712 BD: 7+1-1=7(Hit) CD: 8(Recovered 2 Energy)

ID# 90713 BD: 7-1=6(Hit) CD: 12(Recovered 1 Energy)

Vertical Arc- 6*4=24

Vigilon: HP 196/240, EP 17/29

Garixon: HP 84/160, EP 1/16

Edited by Vigilon

If this was just a typical game, Vigilon would've laughed at the look on the player's face. "What did you do to get to your level, and how often? I did what I could to train or gather every day! Took a few quests, even!" Vigilon prepared to attack, and so did Garixon.

Vigilon asked him a question, and gave what little of an answer he could. "So I didn't train every day, but I killed plenty of mobs at floor 1, and I took some requests from some of the people to take on some strongish mobs, eventually leading me to meet my future Guild and all. Sure, it wasn't as driven as yours, but it should at least count or something..." Vigilon attacked him again, using the same Vertical Arc sword art. Breathing a bit heavily, Garixon looked at his Energy meter. Dang, it was low. He attempted a typical attack, but Vigilon avoided it and with a low sweep, caused him to fall flat on his back. Embarrassing.

ID# 90714 BD: 7+1-1=7(Hit) CD: 7(Recovered 2 Energy)

ID# 90715 BD: 1(Crit. Miss)

Vertical Arc- 6*4=24

Vigilon: HP 196/240, EP 15/29

Garixon: HP 60/160, EP 0/16

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon looked down at the player, who was now on the ground. "Sure, it counts, but you didn't train hard enough if you were planning to massacre a bunch of players, it seems. Right now, I have the upper hand." Vigilon was ready to swing his sword, but was thinking "Which direction?" due to the fact that he could still avoid an attack, even down on the ground, by rolling or getting up in time.

Garixon listened to Vigilon say that he had the upper hand. Why not just give him a taste of his own medicine? He knocked Vigilon to the ground flat on his back, then Garixon made a swift movement, shoving his dagger in the vigilante's side. "Heh, how does it feel to seem helpless? I don't know if you do, but I guess you reap what you sow." He didn't have a clue as to what Vigilon might do, but he believed that this might not be the last of the fight.

ID# 90716 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

ID# 90717 BD: 8-1=7(Hit)

Vertical Arc- Failed!

Vigilon: HP 195/240, EP 12/29

Garixon: HP 60/160, EP 0/16

Edited by Vigilon

Reap what you sow. If that meant anything in this moment, Vigilon ended up in another one of these situations where he was flat on his back during a battle, and Garixon was going to wind up dead in just a few more successful attacks, although self-defense wasn't on his to-do list for the day. He grabbed Garixon's hand, which was still holding the dagger, and pushed him down back on his back. Vigilon got up and attacked with Vertical Arc again. Veriost clouded Garixon's vision by aiming her next breath attack towards his face. "Fo!!" Vigilon stood there, waiting for a response to his words: "Stand down. Final warning."

Garixon couldn't believe this. He was doomed for sure at this rate. But if he was going down, he would go down fighting. He pulled a note out of his inventory, and dropped it so that it could be picked up, should he actually die. "Well, today didn't go as planned..." He looked toward the sunset. This virtual sunset was going to be the last he would ever see...

ID# 90718 BD: 10(Critical, +2 base DMG)

ID# 90719 BD: 1(Crit. Miss)

Vertical Arc- 8*4=34

Vigilon: HP 195/240, EP 9/29

Garixon: HP 28/160, EP 0/16, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

"I am of the Griffin's talon, but I have gone dull in the face of battle. I shall be left behind, for I have become weak. Life's cycle continues on...." Garixon had no choice but to use action and refuse the warning. He got up, and said, "Sorry, have to turn you down." He was tired and kind of weak, and was a little sloppy in his next attack, which was easily avoided.

Vigilon had no clue what Garixon meant by what he was saying before he gave his answer. He swung his blade, but he missed by an inch. No matter, just one more swing, and the bleed damage would finish off Garixon. "Let's try this one more time. Stand down. Now." Veriost got back on his shoulder, growling at Garixon. Vigilon never wanted to have to kill anybody, but only if this player persisted to attack, would he even think about striking.

ID# 90720 BD: 3+1-1=3(Miss)

ID# 90721 BD: 5-1=4(Miss)

Bleed Damage: Garixon takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 195/240, EP 8/29

Garixon: HP 16/160, EP 0/16, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon waited for a response, and would retaliate with a simple strike if he was attacked, or his last offer of letting him live if he stood down was refused.

Garixon looked at Vigilon and said, "Well? what are you waiting for? Aren't you going to finish me off or anything?" Vigilon did nothing. "If you won't finish me off, I'll finish you!"

Vigilon swung his blade, but his heart wasn't in it. Besides, Garixon moved swiftly, and after the attack missed, he managed to loosen Vigilon's grip on White Blade, and it fell to the ground as Garixon stabbed Vigilon's side and kicked him in the back, knocking him to the ground. "Finish it..." Vigilon was just done with this situation. Just done. The necklace's whispering didn't make it any better. "You're lucky you haven't shattered yet. I'm not exactly in the mood to take someone's life, but I will if I must. So, real last chance, since the offer's still up. STAND DOWN."

ID# 90725 BD: 2(Crit. Miss!)

ID# 90726 BD: 7-1=6(Hit) CD: 8(Recovered 1 Energy)

Bleed Damage: Garixon takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 194/240, EP 7/29

Garixon: HP 4/160, EP 1/16

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon made the same offer to spare him if he stood down once more. Garixon already knew the answer. "I am weak now, I wouldn't be honoring my guild in any way further by accepting your offer. One of us dies this evening. That's my final answer."

Vigilon sighed, he really didn't want to do this at all. At this rate, however, Vigilon would only die himself if this kept going on. "Your loss, your funeral, and all that crap. I really didn't want to do this, but now you leave me no choice." Vigilon thrust his blade into his foe one last time, and Garixon shattered, never to be seen again... Vigilon was upset that he had to kill someone like that, but then again, Garixon struck first, and apparently wanted him dead for a while. He spotted a piece of paper, picked it up, and opened it. Could it have been some kind of orders, or something else? He straightened the paper, and saw this:

Don't ever think that you've won, whoever you may be. We will keep our eyes on you, and don't be surprised if you face death.

Griffin.jpg.b5c28362f2685e5e22c8b0877db428d4.jpg

ID# 90728 BD: 9(Critical, +1 DMG)

Vigilon: HP 194/240, EP 7/29

Garixon: HP 0/160, EP 1/16 DEAD

Edited by Vigilon

Just what could this possibly mean? That he would be watched in a matter of days? "There's no way that could possibly be the case. Who wrote this? The Guild Garixon joined?" He shook his head, and he started walking back towards the safe zone. He wondered, would there be anything someone might be able to say about the emblem he saw on the note? He looked back at the paper. He noticed there was some writing on the bottom of the page that read,

The weak are the foundation of the strong. When the strong fail, they become the weak. This is life's great cycle.

"Oh, for crying out loud!"

He was upset that these kinds of people were here in SAO, people who care only about themselves and whatever their goals would lead them to. Full of ambition, all selfish too. But where would they be, and what was the average level? If killing one of their initiates lead to disaster, how deep in danger was he exactly?

Vigilon walked towards the safe zone, not even stopping on the way. His head was looking down, his hand on his forehead, He was having some trouble, thinking about that note...and, of course, he just had to end up running into someone. "Ahh!" "Oof! Ah, Sorry! I wasn't paying attention. Are you alright?" He had run into a player, who also seemed to be heading for the safe zone. "Um, yes...I'm, I'm fine..." The player was female. She had straight, long flowing orange hair, wore light armor that was ocean blue in color,  had shy, deep blue eyes, and was 5'1.2" in height. "So, you must be headed to Delilah, right?" "Um...Yes...?" The girl was looking diagonally downward, her hands behind her back. Right, so she was a shy kind of person. "You...don't mind me tagging along, do you? I was thinking that having someone around might get my current problem off my mind."

<<Kaldui>>

• 2 weeks later...

"N-no, I don't mind at all... Um, what is it that troubles you?" Vigilon was fine with the agreement towards tagging along, but he didn't exactly expect her to ask what was the matter. "Well..." "Ah! I'm sorry, I...I didn't mean to pry or anything..." "No, no, you're ok, it's just something that's been pounding on my head recently. I kind of had an encounter, and there was a fight, and it was all happening so fast, it's almost a blur in my head... Then there was a griffin emblem..." "A-a griffin emblem? That could be one of two things... You could have seen a place where a large griffin mini-boss spawns occasionally... Did you happen to see it on a stone or anything of the like?" "Nope." "Oh dear, this isn't good, it's not the mini-boss..." "'Oh dear this isn't good it's not the mini-boss'!? Please tell me this isn't worse than the mini-boss."

<<Kaldui>>

"I-it's only a guess... Care to show me where you found it?" "Sure thing. On this weird note here." "Ah! Oh, this is far worse than I thought..." From the shock that filled the girl's face, this really was nothing good. "Um, is there anything you know about this? I know it probably involves a guild or something of the like." "This emblem...is of the Griffin Legion..." Vigilon was confused. The girl spoke as if he'd know, but he didn't. "The Griffin Legion? Never heard of them." "They aren't exactly the friendliest Guild... They have assassins in their Guild, and are always looking for players they think are strong, or could potentially become strong, to take in to their heartless cause..." "From what you're saying, I already don't like this bunch." This girl might just spill out what may have been going on while Vigilon wasn't looking, and was in fact still during those days of not leaving the Town of Beginnings.

<<Kaldui>>