[F5-PP] The preperation before the storm

I stand on the fifth floor within some vanity clothing since i am only in the town which has its safe zone so their is no need for me to have my armor equipped as if to go out and slay some monster. I look about the town with my familiar at my side as i look out at everything with my green colored eyes. My familiar being a lion the size of a large dog with wings as black as night, and fur as white as snow. I nod to my little familiar as i make my way off the planet and starts to look around the town remembering this place pretty well from when i took the traveler quest. Now comes the part where i have to try my best to prepare for that sand shark quest. That being my next goal, but sadly finding a suitable person for that has been surprisingly difficult. I focus in on my surroundings as i see that most things are some type of business trying to sell you something, or a inn. I nod my head seeing that this is a bit of a more money gaining town then actual comfortableness being needed for living in this place.

As i take note of this i just start to walk wanting to see the sites and where all the important buildings of this town of Fortaleza is. Taking my town as i keep an eye out for any interesting individuals who would stand out would be. Since most of the time that is either a quest stater, or a player. Either or would be interesting enough for me.

@Crozeph

A change of pace was what Crozeph needed at most, he has been doing quest lately that are a bit tiring. Maybe it was just some unfortunate events piling up and makes it feel like tiring but for someone like him who likes to scout and gather enough info to relay to the Guardians, it was at least worthwhile. Crozeph has been planning to up his equipments, something much more fitting and much more safer since he's planning to go later on at the intermediate floors and soon it won't be long until he catches up once again with the frontliners. "Floor Five, here again..." Crozeph scratched his head "...well I can't remember the last time I was here" he uttered before letting out a chuckle. He was planning on a few things in preparation for anything that Stryder might call plus the blue-haired girl "Eatos was it? sounded like some strong mythical creature that can tear anything to shreds" he thought. Crozeph walked around trying to scout out some tailors or blacksmiths to make him an specific armor. "I forgot I only wear light armor, so I guess leather armor again, a yoroi" he thought hard. As he continued walking and thinking, he suddenly bumped into someone by the shoulder "oh sorry er..." Crozeph looked at the player, a girl with a familiar. Crozeph felt a cold chill from his spine "yeah a familiar like a lion" he thought. Crozeph could remember the times where Ariel's familiar would lick him in the face whenever he is spotted "sorry for the shove, was an accident" he told her with a smile.

@Hestia

I continue making my way along the road observing all the neat little buildings as i wonder how to prepare for the upcoming quest i have planned. I know that in terms of actual preparation their isn't much to be done. I have all the necessary tools for victory it is just finding a suitable partner since i am not built for doing lots of damage. Just taking bits of damage instead. I wonder if it is possible to fix that problem up any through either just sword art unlocks which is the obvious way to do things, or if i should form a mix of tank and DPS into my build to try and be able to fulfill either role if the need requires me to do so. Suddenly i feel my body bump into something with my shoulder rather heard i might add. I turn to face whoever it is and finds myself fact to face with some kind of player. I relax my stance and smiles a bit wondering if this could be what i need to help me out, and vice versa.

It's alright mister mistakes happen all the time. As long as you apologize and sincerely mean it then it is all good in my books. The name is hestia tank build and level 22. What about yourself? I ask curiously adding the most necessary details since those are based on understanding if compatibility is good between us in terms of builds. By the way this is my familiar Kuro. I say gesturing to the lion who only gives one flap of his wings. he says hello. I tell you to let you know what that meant.

@Crozeph

Edited by Hestia

Crozeph was taken aback by her introduction, as if she was trying to look for someone or just stating her role. Crozeph didn't know how to reply, he was never the type to tell his stats or what build he has. He scratched his head and gave a nervous smile "I'm Crozeph, scout and combat build, level 16 or something" he replied . Crozeph did his best to give a decent reply to the girl's stats which was admirable. "You don't see a lot of girls do the tanking, well I know one but knowing another one was a surprise" he told her. Crozeph remembered Tyger, another girl who had a build of a tank. "Soooo..." Crozeph kept his eyes on the familiar, he was wary of getting licked on the face again "...what brings you here Hestia? and your name sounds like a child of nobility" he told her. Crozeph has seen a lot of players name themselves like high borns while he himself tries to figure out a name "I think my parents got my name from some female lance knight, crazy right? a boy named after a girl" he added. It was rare for him to talk to people he just met but it seems it would help on the change of pace that he wants for the day.

@Hestia

Edited by Crozeph

I nod my head with a smile hearing you build figuring it is similar to a person that i know rather well. I look at this man and finds his name to be interesting for certain. Crozeph. The first part that i think of certainly of the bird called a crow. But after that makes me curious how such a name was thought up. Certainly a original one if i have ever heard of one. i mean it's what i do, and have always done so why not make it my play style. The way of protecting others and making sure they don't become forgotten because of how this new life of ours is set up. I say with a nod of my head having a serious tone when speaking of how things are within this world of Aincrad. I then see you eyeing up my familiar and chuckles a bit. Don't worry Crozeph he doesn't bite or anything like that. He is rather harmless he prefers relaxing, and learning how things are that are new to him. I say with a nod of my head as Kuro my familiar is eying you up still with a curious look seeming almost cautious.

What brings me here is the preparation for the kill of a certain sand shark. I was hoping to either get enough materials to handle such a thing myself, or to meet someone that could accompany on this quest, and maybe future ones if things go well. Cause certainly having strength in numbers is important. Cause you can never be to cautious of strong monsters, or worse player killers waiting for the opportunity to strike at some person all by their lonesome. I say to you stating the reason why i am here in the city of the fifth floor. I then grin a bit at the mentioning of my name sounding somewhat like nobility. Well you got close Crozeph not nobility, but the name of a greek goddess. I name myself not of arrogance, but more so trying to reach a ideal to strive for. My image of a goddess would be one who cares and guides those she protects. That is why i take the name Hestia to be that image i like,.....and i might be a bit of a greek geek when it comes to knowing things from that mythology. I say with a small chuckle. Of course the name Hestia isn't my actual name. I don't think many people tell their real names within this game. I say with a small frown appearing on my face as i say this.

So you're named after a female knight of some kind. That actually sounds really cool. Depending if she followed whatever knightly code and what her history was. it could be considered a honor to be named after such a person. I mean if that knight was a kind, and all those other things we associate knights with. I think that says a bit about what your parents think you could strive for. To be just as noble, kind, and all those other thing just like a knight. I say with a smile finding the naming to be kind of cool to have a possibly very origin to a name. Thinking it is unique rather then just the normal names you hear people have since many people don't think of such interesting backgrounds. SO then you asked me why i was here. What about yourself Crozeph? I ask back curiously.

Crozeph got close to the name thingy, it was actually a name of a goddess and it sounded way cooler than before "well if others don't tell their real name here then I guess they're still keeping it close to the game right?" he told her. The familiar was harmless she told him, Hestia must've noticed Crozeph's wary eyes and assured him that the familiar isn't someone who likes to lick him but only to relax "sounds like me when I can't find something to do" he replied to her about the familiar. Hestia's reasons or motives upon coming to the fifth floor was rather a little obvious, planning to take a quest "you rarely see people plan things and prepare around here lately" he thought. Hestia was planning to take on the sand shark, something that Crozeph must've been finished a while ago that he can't remember. "Well it is true that being alone is hard around here but hey, I manage to keep myself from getting killed or my ass kicked by being alone" he told her "I just joined a guild recently and even though I am part of it I still get the feeling of venturing out alone because that's what most scouts do" he added. It was obvious to him that he's an introvert and prefers being alone, its not that he hates people but he just gets involved when needed. "The shark is quite a handful to deal with, you can assemble a party of two or three members if you need my opinion" he told her "I think it's just a quest boss and being a tank you'll be able to handle the damage it gives..." Crozeph then thought hard "...do you have the survival skill?" he asked her.

@Hestia

Edited by Crozeph

I mean i know this is a game Crozeph, but at this point we should try not to stick to close to that. Cause if we think this is a game all the time some might forget even for slight moments the real threat of dying. So while working alone can work out if a player killer ever does come what will you do? Do you think you could get away from them in time? Would you try to sacrifice your green cursor in the name of self defense since we both know player killers don't do duels. They go to actually kill no matter what. I say in a calm manner as i look at you as my familiar just lays in the sand for now moving his black as night wings over his face to block out the sun for a brief moment. I smile a bit at the alone part figuring rather easily you are a person who prefers keeping to themselves. A introvert.

Well Crozeph even if you prefer being alone you need to get use also to having party members at your side. Since whenever you get to the frontlines if you ever get to their. When the boss is dead you will be the first onto a floor that no one knows the locations of. It is important you can try to have a tank/support at your side to make sure you survive whatever could be on that floor to try and kill you, or if you ever go into a quest unprepared do to not knowing what you are getting into. I say in a gentle and kind tone. My eyes not meeting yours as i say those words. Also i know i can form a party, but finding one has been difficult or at the very least party members around my level to at least make the fight somewhat interesting. Since if i brought people like the Celestial Ascendant frontline fighters like Jonathan, or Itzal the fight would be over within one strike against the sand shark, so i would prefer not wasting their time like that when they could be doing better things. I say with a nod of my head.

Also i know i can take any damage that the sand shark could throw at me. It is more so trying to deal it back. I am not in any form possibly good at dealing significant damage to it since i am focusing a lot onto being a tank rather then a actual damage dealer currently. I say with a small chuckle at that fact and knowing that is the main problem for me. And sadly i have three more levels to go till i can get some tier 2 equipment to get some different enhancements on things. I then look around at our surroundings and realize we have just been standing in the middle of a street. Want to go find some place to sit down and relax for a bit rather then just stand and talk? I ask curiously wanting to go somewhere more casual rather then talking in the street. Trying to possibly reduce any initial barriers that would be that of strangers.

Crozeph let out a soft laugh as Hestia mentioned about player killers coming out of nowhere arriving and possibly killing him. "Sorry I didn't to insult the serious notion of crossing paths or swords with player killers but..." Crozeph looked at her with a calm face "...I've crossed paths and swords with a lot of player killers" he told her. It was what way back then the few reasons which made him be called Crow, he has a knack of running into someone who is close to death or someone who brings down death to others. "Some might be scary like Daeron, haven't seen him in a while and or a little on the edge like Mari but yes I met them and they're quite the mysterious bunch" he told her "I've been doing things alone for a long time, though you'll see me around be part of a party and guilds" he added. The mention of frontlines was what made the conversation interesting "yeah I've been to the frontlines before and that where fear really grips you, it is more scarier there than player killers for someone like me" he told her. Hestia mentioned names and a guild where she could ask help but hesitated since she felt like wasting their time doing quest that they'll finish in a snap "well them's the breaks huh? I can help with that, I too need equipment for better and safer explorations which you can tag along if you like" he told her. Crozeph then nodded in approval "I agree, let's find some place away from this heat, it's a little annoying"  told her "you can lead the way, it may sound funny for someone who likes to scout places but I'm bad at directions" he uttered as he scratched his head.

@Hestia

Edited by Crozeph

I hear the part where you have actually met player killers which surprises me greatly, and it shows on my face as plain as day. My eyes a bit wide and my body going stock still. You..met players killers...and lived? I say my tone being of utter and total confusion at hearing such a thing. At hearing this even the lazy lion with wings that is my familiar picks up his head to listen in on this apparently this catching his interest also. Why didn't they kill you? Did they try to kill you? Also are they human beings? Why did they go out and kill someone? I ask rather curiously my questions one after the other. However, just from my tone and how it shifts you could tell i am vastly more interested in the answer to the very last question. My tone shifting from curiosity to a rather serious tone.

Also when were you part of the frontlines? How long have you been active doing these things Crozeph? I ask curiously as i start to walk in a direction towards where i think i saw a nice shaded area, or a nice quiet restaurant to [censored] down and relax at. Starting to take steps to pass by shops, and NPCs that are walking all about.Also i wouldn't mind tagging along with you. Seems like i could learn a few things from you, and while all the while getting to learn more about players and maybe even events you might've seen. Getting to know stories that i wouldn't have otherwise heard before. I say with a bit of a smile.

Crozeph saw a shaded area or shop where they could sit and relax while continuing about the topics brought up by him "I lived because I wasn't getting on their nerves a lot" he told her as they walked "most player killers are just people who went too far from their good intentions and crossed lines that shouldn't have been crossed" Crozeph those people, some misunderstood while others feared "of course there are those who just wanted to stay alive, you know, kill or be killed" he added. Crozeph went past other players chattering of going out in groups and NPCs walking around. He then entered a somewhat restaurant with a nice shade in front of it and pulled a chair for Hestia to sit "believe it or not I was part of a guild where our guild leader was a player killer, I kind of deserted them for my own reasons which might lead to a question if my former guild leader is hunting me down" he told her "I hope not since she's a strong one, a woman with sick dagger skills" he added.

The question of him being in the frontlines was another one which he would answer as he made his way to his own chair "well I've been to one floor boss battle before, I wasn't much of use on the first half of the fight but we managed to live without losing anyone" he uttered as he tried to recall the memories "but it sure is scary when the monster appears, I only survived because I relied on my party members" he kept on telling Hestia "ever since the patch release of this game that happened a few times while I was gone has watered down my strength on being a DPS or hard-hitting player" he kept on talking "which is why I'm trying to get my game back to how I was from way back" he added "it would be nice of you to tag along, we can go to floors that are sure to yield better loot or materials" he told Hestia "then maybe you can join the Guardians of the New Dawn if you ever needed a much bigger help in the future."

@Hestia

I nod my head as i listen to you talk not interrupting you as you spoke on the matter about player killers, and i find myself rather surprised by what i had heard. Most are just people that went to far with their good intentions? I look down at that as i sit in the seat of this restaurant you had so kindly pulled out for me. I frown a bit at the kill or be killed part as it is true in some rights but wrong in others. It is only true if you count the monsters and enemies, but certainly not for players, or at the very least that shouldn't be true no matter what. However, with the formation of PKer Guilds like Laughing Coffin i know the idea that people not killing others is long gone.  What was this guild? Who was this player? I ask curiously about this former guild you were apart of.

Well i would be happy to tag along with you in facing any quests or events from other floors. Working together yields more results of success no matter which way you look at it. Also, it helps with surviving and honestly with you being a DPS, and me a Tank the relationship in terms of build just work you know. I say with a smile. I take the hits while you are the one actually being able to deal the damage back since i can't really do so. I say as i look at you with a smile on my face. I then hear the offer of joining a guild as i think on that. I'll keep the offer in mind Crozeph, but what does this guild do for lower leveled players? For players who aren't part of the guild? I ask you.

Crozeph knew that Hestia would ask of the guild and its leader but it would be better for her not to know "can't tell you about it missy, but I'm sure you'll catch wind of it around here" he told her. The guild might just be disbanded but its members and its leader is still out there, they would chow down on him if they want to. Crozeph then was also eager as Hestia offered her expertise in battle "obviously it is a good combination,  a tank and DPS, we can take on some quests with ease but of course I can't let myself be a burden to you so I'll do my best" he told her. Sometimes it was better to have some people by his side, Crozeph might be a hard-hitter when it comes to combat but he's not hard enough like a quarterback to take hits, especially consecutive hits from monsters. As Hestia also asked about what she can gain or achieve while being in the guild that Crozeph just offered, he scratched his head thinking of what "well for sure you'll be able to help on raids or quests plus our leader is quite the, er...leader. He'll be able to help you out" he told her "of course it'll be easier to contact me since we'll be in the same guild" he added. He was sure that Hestia had the potential and would be a great help to the guardians.

I pout a bit at being denied information about this guild, and who the leader is but i can only accept this since it is your information to share. Okay Crozeph, but i can't wait to see what these end up being. Even though i am sure i won't know them since i am relatively new compared to you when it comes to actually being out and about. I say with a nod of my head as i am sitting at my seat in this nicely shaded area. I nod my head happily glad to see that you agree with me that the combination is builds is a good idea. Well if we are doing quests i would like to ask if you would possibly mind helping me take down a certain sand shark like you said you have already. I ask as i look at you. After that i am sure the two of us could take on a certain dragon that resides on the first floor if you haven't done any of the dragon hunting quests yet. I say as a possibility as i look at you with a smile on my face. Glad to have someone who seems interesting enough, and knows a bit more about the different stories of this world. Wondering what i had missed during the time before i had the courage to get out of that inn. Wanting to know everything i can of those who have lost their lives, to those who are alive and want things have risen and fallen if any have.

Hestia's response was rather obvious for Crozeph but he's sure that Dazia will encounter the things that he has seen "welp, I may be someone who roams around these days but I sure was a scaredy cat way back then" he told her "I thought that it was a nice option to just hole up inside the city where it's safe, but sometimes the situation always pushes you out of the safe zone" he added. Crozeph was indeed wary of going out and venturing, knowing that there is no resurrection or respawn thing now. They die in the game, they die for real. It was just a simple desire to be strong enough to help that sparked his rather travelling spree around the floor of Aincrad. He may not have ventured to the upper floors but he sure did met a lot of people and now he met Hestia. "Let's just say that I'm going to help but I won't be someone who will let you rely on me always. I'd like to put you through some hard spots since you're a tank" he told Hestia "who knows? we might meet someday at the frontlines" he added. The shark was a bit of a quest boss and now he's taking it with someone.

Well i mean we all were scared when we first started i am sure. Scared of knowing that we could die at any moment, but it is the moment where you can fight past that. That is the moment of where true courage is seen at first. I say with a nod of my head. If their is a moment that pushes you out of the safe zone. What was your moment Crozeph? Why did you leave the Town of Beginnings? I ask curiously looking into your eyes with blue eyes. Wondering what motivates this person before me if anything at all. I shake my head internally at that as i know their has to be some sort of motivation because why else would people get out of their beds to face this world if their wasn't some type of motivation in their actions. A goal they're trying to reach.

Also don't worry about me fearing the responsibility having to push through some difficult situations i am a tank after all so having to deal with such things should be normal for me if i am going to take this seriously. I say with a nod of my head and in a determined tone of voice. Not being scared of when things could get rough since I know i can handle anything that could come at me for this sand shark quest at the very least. Knowing that i am not ready for everything just for things i have prepared adequately before since i am well aware of my own weaknesses and what i can handle, and not handle.  Also i would hope we meet on the frontlines someday since if we don't that just means one of us had died, and i would prefer both of us and everyone living through this whole mess of an event.

What pushed Crozeph out of his comfort zone? it wasn't the need to get stronger or be known, not even to help others. "I stepped out of the Town of Beginnings to be useful" he told Hestia. It was a bit depressing how he's wasting every second of his life holed up in the town "I had to give myself some purpose or be useless, worst than an NPChe added. Arekkusu was there to help him overcome the fear of fighting, wondering where he is now would be a bit tiring for Crozeph. "I just can't help but join a friend of mine named Arekkusu on adventures and killing monsters" he told the girl, her blue eyes fixated on Crozeph "I told myself that less monsters can help others get out and explore, especially low leveled players" he uttered as he leaned on his chair. "Just thinking that killing off those that are dangerous was enough to have my purpose, to pave the way for others" he told her. That was the reason his build ended being a scout and DPS player. He was looking ahead, like a pathfinder preparing the way for others. I'm pretty sure that if we don't meet in the frontlines that would be because I decided to do something else, fighting in the frontlines is a good thing but scouting can be essential so I can help other players" he told her.

I smile a bit at the optimistic thought that neither of us will fall in battle to some kind of opponent that could catch us off guard. I nod my head in agreement knowing that i wouldn't allow myself to die without some sort of fight, so i would make it to the front lines to do my best. Which leaves the option that are duties had split one exploring, and myself fighting to free others through beating floors while spending my off time helping out players wherever i can find them. Well i guess that is a good reason to leave that town. It does seem like a place devoid of reason or motivation for other people unless it is players returning to that floor for whatever reasons they find themselves. I say with a small smile. I guess i decided to leave the town to try and get out of here to make it back to help my family, but i have found new reasons to fight as best as i can while being trapped here. I say in a determined tone of voice. my goal is to make sure to help others as best as i can, and to try and fulfill my dream of being a performer in real life instead of what i was going into. This game has allowed me to have that confidence along with a friend i have made here who pushed me down that path, so i will do my best to try and get out of here to try and succeed at a dream. To never give up to try and help the frontlines, and maybe try to figure out the mysteries of this game to see what it holds. After all their are many floors with mysteries that haven't been solved yet. I say with a smile.

I chuckle a bit as i rub the back of my head.I guess i rambled a little bit. In short i fight for my family, the friends i will make here, for hope, and to try and achieve a dream of being a singer. I say with a smile and nod my head. Again sorry for rambling just sometimes i either don't know when to stop, or get nervous so i talk, and talk without really knowing how much i am or that i could be talking in circles.  I say in a apologetic tone.

Crozeph was amused by what he heard. He rarely hear players speak with resolve like hers and that was admirable "that's a lot of spirit" he told Hestia. "I can be of help with that, I was also planning on searching for some sub-dungeons where I can at least try to find something to Identify. Work has been dull lately with only a few to identify for me" he uttered. Crozeph was always exploring but his unlucky nature on finding things can be quite depressing. "I am a merchant by profession here in this game and it's been a while since I've done something in my shop" he told her "searching for some sub-dungeons can help us be stronger and also for me to find some unidentified items to sell or give to others" he added. Crozeph was never the type to always think of the profit "I may be a merchant but I just do the art for the art's sake, no need to be placing prices unreasonable" he told her. That was what has been rolling in his chain of thoughts and right now he can help Hestia with a quest. "Before I help you with the quest, do you have the Survival Skill?" he asked her. Hestia has the resolve and Crozeph can lend a hand, he might as well do something far more useful that searching for items or materials for now.

First thing i did when preparing to go to this floor for quests Crozeph was get the survival skill. I say with a nod of my head and a smile upon my face. Sub-Dungeons? I say curiously and then thinks for a bit placing my hand against my cheek as i idly tap it trying to come up in my mind what that could be. Not exactly having heard the term before from what i remember. Knowing i haven't heard it from my companion Itzal, and i certainly haven't found the word used in my own time. What is a Sub-Dungeon? I ask rather embarrassed at not knowing what it is even though i like to think i have been around and actively doing quests around floors, but have never found anything that could fit such a description.

Oh you're a merchant. I say with a smile after getting my answer on sub-dungeons. Well i'm a Performer, and i chose this profession after a little convincing from a friend to try and chase my dream i had when i was a kid. To chase the dream of being a famous singer, so i decided to humor his idea to try and chase such a dream first here in Aincrad. I say rubbing the back of my head. I know that must sound completely silly or ridiculous, but that is my reason for my profession, and i feel rather happy with how it has turned out so far.Also, if you ever need business i could always go to you for identifications Crozeph. I say with a smile.

Crozeph nodded in approval "that's a really smart move to get the survival skill first" he told her. Crozeph then placed his arm on the table trying to at least illustrate to Hestia was a sub-dungeon is. "One of those secret rooms here in Aincrad, it was and is hard to find. I remember some people finding it and facing powerful monster who happens to also drop loots, unidentified or not" he told her "but since I'm a hard-hitter who can be hit hard also, I set aside the idea of finding one first plus it requires maps which I happen to be selling...maybe not yet but I'll check it out in my shop" he added. Crozeph has found another one who can accompany him on dangerous areas of the game, he now wonders if things will work out the way he planned it. "Well it'll be nice to come visit the shop and have something identified for you, especially when you found armors or shields" Crozeph has always wanted to identify equipments, since those could help and as soon as he got his new gears to venture out again, he'll be back in business.