[F5-PP] Shark out of water <<Sand Shark>>

I continue walking alongside you with my familiar close to me flying in the air as i keep an eye out for the shark waiting for it to arrive as we get closer towards its supposed location. Hearing what you say about calling out to it i just shrug and takes my sword and bangs it loudly against my shield figuring making loud noises could attract the creature. However, hearing that it could've killed you is interesting and makes me curious just how strong this thing will really be when compared to myself and Crozeph. I wait for the sand to rumble with the sand shark's presence as i keep my guard up and ready to defend at a moments notice.  Well now you got myself as a tank to try and protect you Crozeph, so dodging isn't that much of a concern for you anymore unless you manage to out gain hate somehow from me. I say with a small grin back at you before refocusing on my surroundings.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crozeph drew his sword and began to eye the shark who revealed itself at them. The banging that Hestia made was a success and Crozeph made a nervous smile at how it worked. "I never thought that would work" he uttered as he moved forward. The shark seemed much more hungry to kill than it ever was when he first encountered it. Crozeph moved in and began his attack. The shark moved faster also, half its body revealed as it moved. Crozeph used sword art quickly, they needed to end it before the shark could gain advantage of them. He unleashed his most used sword art at the shark causing for it to be knocked off its course as it receive its attack. Crozeph didn't escape the recoil, he wasn't experiencing it before but as he created the half-circle motion of his sword art, he was pushed back "I guess it is harder than before" he muttered. The jaw of the shark also grazed him, hopefull he wasn't hit by its shark bite that causes bleeding.

• ID: 92573
  • BD: 10 [success] 9 + 2 critical = 11 damage x 6 Gen Getsu = 66 damage
  • MD: 7 [success] 80 damage - 29 mitigation = 51 damage

Spoiler

Crozeph

• HP: 329/380
  • ENG: 32/38
  • 9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum

Sand Shark

• HP: 134/200
  • 80 damage
  • on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite]

•  

I see the shark and grins a bit at the rather plain and simple idea actually working out as i prepare once more for doing my job of taking all of the damage possible. I chuckle at your comment as i just shrug. Guess sharks don't like loud noises then. I say in a joking tone of voice as i don't take my eyes off of the shark knowing that could be a fatal mistake. I watch as you move faster then i could act to try and get its attention. I look towards the health bar of the sand shark and see that it does lower some as i nod my head figuring that is good enough since it won't be able to attack you anymore after this. Hey come here and look at me sharky! I say with a grin as i bang my shield once more with my sword as i activate howl to gain its attention to fight me instead as i prep myself for the oncoming assault that is going to happen. Well Crozeph it's all you now. I say with a grin on my face.

[H:4] Hestia: 500/500HP      ENG: 40/50  -10 do to Howl    

[H:2] Crozeph: HP: 329/380  ENG: 32/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 134/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

Battle healing [+6 HP]

Crozeph nodded and moved in again for an attack at the Sand Shark. The previous battle he had teaches that the shark would bury itself beneath the sand and pop out of anywhere to attack, obviously. Crozeph followed as the shark moved in to Hestia. They're going to need every speed they have to keep up with the shark and now that it is Hestia generating the hate, Crozeph wasn't sure how to keep up. Crozeph ran as fast as he could and tried to cut at the shark. Unfortunately he isn't the target of the shark. The creature landed quickly at the sand and buried itself. Crozeph was ticked off by the dodge and turned around hoping that the shark won't hurt Hestia with its shark bite. The Shark appeared before the girl. The shark landed a successful attack but it also got a taste of Hestia's defense. It dealt some damage but it also left an opening for the two players. "Let's try to hit it again" he told Hestia.

• ID:92862
  • BD: [2] fail - light momentum activated
  • MD: [8] success -  80 damage - 65 mitigation = 15 damage
Spoiler

[H:4] Hestia: 485/500HP      ENG: 40/50  -10 do to Howl    

[H:2] Crozeph: HP: 335/380  ENG: 32/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 134/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

I wait as i see the shark go under the sand and starts to travel. I wait patiently knowing that it will be going after me since i have the highest hate between myself and Crozeph. I wait till i see the sand burst upwards as i try to raise my shield or something to block the attack, but instead gets get hit by the shark. As soon as i get hit i try to use the opening to attack the shark as i activate my sword art and swing at the beast. However, i miss it by a inch as i grit my teeth in frustration of that as i can only figure the hit from the shark was hard enough to mess up my angle just enough to barely miss the creature. Sorry Crozeph looks like you're going to be the one needing to hit it. I say as i catch my footing once more as i prepare myself for the next attack. One that i hope to land my sword art to create a good opening to attack the creature.

#92863  BD: 5   CD: 10 (+1 energy do to recovery, +1 energy do to natural regen)    -6+2=-4 ENG

[H:4] Hestia: 485/500HP      ENG: 36/50  (14 Thorns damage to opponent on MD rolls that aren't critical hits, 65 MIT)

[H:2] Crozeph: HP: 335/380  ENG: 32/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 120/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

Battle healing [+6 HP]

"I'll try to do my best to hit it hard as I can" Crozeph told Hestia, trying to assure her that the battle won't be dragged much longer as long as he attacks it with quick successions. As if a sudden cold, tingling sensation struck Crozeph when he saw the shark moving in a rather different pattern from before. "The shark bite move" he thought. Crozeph saw the shark bury itself beneath the sand and moved around Hestia who was keeping her guard the whole time. Crozeph readied his sword art, even with Hestia's defense looking impressive as ever, the bleeding that the shark can cause can be fatal if not countered or addressed quickly. The shark however was quick, it was its natural habitat obviously which gives it the advantage to attack. The shark emerged and quickly attacked Hestia by biting at her shield. The shark opened its jaws large enough that it struck the shield good while its upper teeth buried down to Hestia's shoulder. Crozeph quickly moved in and buried his katana at the jaw of the shark trying to pry off the teeth from Hestia's shoulder "this will hurt a bit..." Crozeph unleashed his sword art at the shark and successfully pried it off Hestia. The shark landed two meters away and it seems it received another hard blow from the raven-haired boy.

• ID: 92877
  • BD: 7 [success] 9 x 6 Gen Getsu = 54 damage
  • MD: 9 [success: Shark Bite activated] 80 - 65 = 15 damage
  • Hestia Bleeds 10 damage for 2 turns
Spoiler

[H:4] Hestia: 470/500HP      ENG: 36/50  (14 Thorns damage to opponent on MD rolls that aren't critical hits, 65 MIT) (Bleed 2/2)

[H:3] Crozeph: HP: 341/380  ENG: 26/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 66/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

Edited by Crozeph

I see the shark move from side to side from behind my shield as i keep a eye on it at all times. Making sure to be ready to act if necessary. I watch as it moves through the sand as i wait calmly for it to attack or do anything hostile in nature. Eventually it comes out of the ground as i move my shield to try and block the attack, but the results are mixed to say the least. I feel the shark's teeth dig into my shoulder as i grit my teeth ever so slightly as i just bare with the sensation of that. However, it is quickly removed as i see you knock the shark a good distance away as i nod towards you. Thank you Crozeph. I'll try to lower the shark's health enough for you. I say with a kind smile as i then move towards the enemy in question biting my teeth as i see more health drop from some kind of status effect. I ignore it and quickly start cutting into the shark with a smile on my face. Diagonal right, diagonal left slashes along its chest as i then look down to the shark. Before i quickly spin around and cut its eyes with a smile. Sword art complete. I say with a smile as the sand shark has electricity coursing through it as the paralyze activates alongside the stun.

BD: 10    Rising Sun: 7x3=21  

[H:6] Hestia: 460/500HP      ENG: 31/50  (14 Thorns damage to opponent on MD rolls that aren't critical hits, 65 MIT) (Bleed 1/2)

[H:3] Crozeph: HP: 341/380  ENG: 26/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 45/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

battle healing [+6 HP]

The shark quickly buried itself beneath the sand as it go knocked away. Crozeph raised his sword just to keep his guard up, Hestia behind him. The shark moved around frantically as it felt that its HP has been lowered. The two players were good and strong enough even with its deadly bite. The one with an impenetrable defense was troublesome and was causing to be hated more. It resulted only for the shark to be vulnerable to the other player who dealt high damage at it. The shark moved towards them, attacking the girl because once she's been dealt with, the boy will be much more easier to handle.

Crozeph looked at the movements of the shark "oh well, I guess desperation sinked in to it really hard, the feeling of dying is really fascinating for this one" he told Hestia. The shark made a quick yet not well-thought attack launching itself in the air and trying to bite at the girl. However, Crozeph saw through the attack and he tried to slash at the shark. The sands was also kicked up causing for Crozeph to loss sight of his attack. The blunt edge was the one that struck the shark and it didn't even feel bad. The shark landed beside them and buried itself on the sand "this sands are a really pain in the ass" he muttered as he kept his guard up. It seems the shark can't attack well with the paralyze effect

• ID: 92969
  • BD: 3 [fail] light momentum activated [+1 BD on the next turn]
  • MD: 1 [fail]
Spoiler

[H:6] Hestia: 450/500HP      ENG: 31/50  (14 Thorns damage to opponent on MD rolls that aren't critical hits, 65 MIT) 

[H:3] Crozeph: HP: 347/380  ENG: 26/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 45/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

I just chuckle as i grin as i hold my sword once more preparing once more for the sword art that rarely fails me. Come on Rising Sun let this be the move that sets the sun upon this enemy. I say softly as i focus on the shark's movement knowing that figuring out when it is going to attack is important to knowing how to track it down. I chuckle at your comment as i nod my head. yeah desperation makes attacks sloppy. I say as i focus upon the enemy as i watch as it starts to try and borrow itself into the ground. 'Now's the chance!' I think to myself. I quickly slice along its chest before slicing its eyes once more. As i grin as it tries to burrow but is unable to do so do to being stunned and paralyzed. Seems like once more my trusty sword art doesn't fail me once more. Your turn Crozpeh. I say with a grin on my face.

#92975 BD: 9 (paralyze/stun)   6x3=18    CD: 11 (+1 energy)

[H:9] Hestia: 450/500HP      ENG: 27/50  (14 Thorns damage to opponent on MD rolls that aren't critical hits, 65 MIT) 

[H:3] @Crozeph: HP: 347/380  ENG: 26/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 27/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

Crozeph moved in and tried to do a follow-up attack on the shark. Crozeph quickly spun around and tried to unleash his sword art but to his dismay his attack missed. Not only that, the shark flicked its tail and caused for sands to billow up before him. Crozeph tried to keep himself stable and do another attack but apparently it was going to be wasted and he need to let the sands settle down. The shark saw this opportunity and attacked Hestia, thought it only landed one weak attack. It doesn't have much health points anymore and anything done now is out of desperation. Crozeph jumped back from the shark and looked at Hestia "I think it wants to be killed by you" he told her. Crozeph raised his sword, the battle will soon be over and they can all go with their lives and hopefully enter a dungeon somewhere on this floor. If not then it will have to be his job to search for one. 

• ID: 92976
  • BD: 1 + 1 light momentum [fail] light momentum re-activated
  • MD: 6 [paralyzed]
Spoiler

[H:9] Hestia: 450/500HP      ENG: 27/50  (14 Thorns damage to opponent on MD rolls that aren't critical hits, 65 MIT) 

[H:3] @Crozeph: HP: 347/380  ENG: 26/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 27/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

Well if it wants to be killed by me i can only oblige the creature in its final moments. I say joking as i prep my sword art once more just hoping this trend can continue for me destroying this creatures health to not leave much of it left. However, when i look at its health pool i just nod my head seeing a opportunity to try and kill it myself if i get lucky. I move towards the sand shark as it is about to go back to burrowing and just misses it by a inch as i just grit my teeth a tiny bit, but understands that it is about time that happened in a good back to back paralyze attack.  After i miss the attack i back away from the sand shark and away from you to make sure that it couldn't try going for you with any of its attacks. Wanting to make sure that it is solely focused on me to allow you easy opportunities to hit the thing do to it not noticing you.

#93011  BD: 5

[H:3] @Crozeph: HP: 347/380  ENG: 26/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

After seeing Hestia miss the attack, Crozeph moved in quickly. He was trying to lessen the chance of the shark attacking them again or Hestia. It didn't have much health to keep up with any attacks given so Crozeph proceeded with an attack that is simple yet efficient. After closing the distance between him and the shark, he sheathed his katana and planted his left foot forward towards the shark. After a few seconds just when the shark is about to move, Crozeph used his sword art to finish the shark off. The attack was a clean hit and the shark writhed in agony as it felt its health reach the last number it could have. The shark shattered before Crozeph as he sheathed his katana, their journey and mission was over and they're waiting for the loot to be dropped. Crozeph stood at where the shark has been slain and set his eyes on the loot revealed. "Hestia, I think we did it, your mission is a success" he told her as he motioned his hand for Hestia to come near him. "I know it has taken a toll on us but hey! it looks like we're a good team" he told her with a tired smile on his face. The loot wasn't as impressive as it would've been from what they expected "looks like we'll only be having col on this monster" he told her.

• ID: 93070
  • BD: 9 [critical] 9 +1 damage x 4 Tsuji Kaze = 40 damage
  • MD: 5 [fail]
Spoiler

[H:3] @Crozeph: HP: 347/380  ENG: 22/38   (9 damage, 29 mitigation, +1 light momentum)

Sand Shark: HP: 0/200     80 damage   (on natural roll of 9-10 Sand Shark inflicts bleed of 10 damage for 2 turns [Shark Bite] )

• ID: 93071
  • LD: 2 CD: 2 [no items found]
  • dropped 600 col

I grin rather happily at the defeat of the sand shark as i relax my posture and my hold upon my weapons as i then walk over to you when gestured to come over. Figuring that it might be something important be it loot, or possibly another teamup in the future. This one having proven to be very fruitful to say the least about it for certain. Defense and offense a useful combination for certain to allow ease through any quests that could get in the way. I smile hearing your words seeing that you agreed with me without even knowing it. I would have to agree Crozeph we handled this mob really easily, and i am sure we could handle most quests that are around our level. I would be happy to complete many more with you since it seemed to work rather swimmingly this time for the shark. I say rather happily and cheerfully as i just open up my inventory and equip another armor piece. A golden cloak with fur long its end seemingly made of fur. The back of the cloak having the depiction of a ram in scarlet red. I look around the field with idle curiosity. I then grin happily as i spot a small shimmering and shining as i walk on over to it. I then pull it out with some difficulty as my familiar is by my side looking at what is revealed to be a treasure chest. Looks like we're not out on treasure yet Crozeph. I say with a grin.

#93075 LD: 14+3=17 Treasure chest found.  (+3 from golden fleece)

Crozeph's brightened a bit upon hearing Hestia mention a treasure chest. Crozeph walked towards her and tried to assess what they've found. "Does this contain something valuable? I mean something we can use in the long run?" he asked her. Crozeph was never big on finding treasures, he was more like a plunderer from loots of the monsters he kills. Crozeph thought hard, he was waiting for what it has and since Hestia was the one who found it, she should be the one opening it. He surveyed his surroundings and tried to locate whether it is safe or not to open one. "I agree on completing quests more, we could take on another quest boss if we want to" he told her. Crozeph has never been a team player, nor is he a part of a dynamic duo. This was the first time he actually worked side by side with someone. Bot he and Arekkusu were damage dealers, Ariel is too. This time however, they've covered the essentials of battle and all has come to fruition.

Well since we're on the Tier 1 floors probably nothing amazing in all honesty. Probably only goof for selling them to a merchant if we get like gear and such. The only good things we can get is materials and COL since those can be used for professions, and well buying stuff obviously. I say honestly to the man known as Crozeph as i take out my curved sword that is Tier 1 and forces open the chest with a smile as a nice little window pops up informing me of the loot. Well we got a good amount of T1 materials, and COL from this. A few perfect weapons, and a perfect consumable. Take that as you may Crozeph, but the random chances of this stuff aren't always the best if you're thinking on using it. Especially since well Tier 2 players we are. I say with a shrug the loot being good by all standards, but sadly loot matches Tier of floor when it comes to this.

Also i'm glad you agree on this Crozpeh i think we can handle these quests with relative ease, and honestly i can learn a lot from you. More so about what has happened back before i was in action. Like about guilds, floor bosses, any big events or people that have sadly come and gone. I feel like their is much to learn their, and their is the matter of philosophy and such to see if their is anything to take away in that regard. Also it helps to have a friend along the way to keep company with quests while still being a good duo since bases are covered for combat. I say rather cheerfully and happily.

#93076  LD: 19+3=22 

Loot from chest: 1000 Col, (10) T1 materials, (2) T1 perfect weapons,  1 T1perfect consumable

Crozeph coughed a little at what was revealed inside the chest. There were unidentified equipments inside and a materials which are quite useful for Hestia "well just like what we did earlier, I take the unidentified items, the materials is up to you if you'll take all and the col split" he told her "I don't really mind on what you with the materials, as long as I get things wrapped up tight I'm good" he added. Crozeph picked up the perfect weapons and the consumable, leaving on the col and materials for Hestia to decide. "It's your call now party leader" he told her "unfortunately we haven't found a dungeon yet, still I can search for that on my own and just message you when we'll delve in" he added. There are things that only people who understand their role can do, it seems like Crozeph has found a new all capable of filling in the skills that he lack "so what do we do now after this?" he asked her "there's that flaming tiger somewhere I've heard"  he uttered.

I'll take the materials for myself, and we'll split the COL. nods my head as i take all the materials knowing i need them to get me prepped to get back into the swing of making items for my shop to actually finally sell to people.  I then take the COL and sends you half of it with a nod of my head after doing so. I then get reminded about the dungeon and nods my head realizing that still hasn't been solved in terms of trying to find it. Well if we haven't found the dungeon if you want we can try to find one before we head back into town, or if you want to fly solo if that is easier then that is fine. However, as they say protection in numbers is better encase a mob tries to come and attack you while you're still off guard. I say knowing that i don't know much about finding dungeons, or if i can even do so. Though i can at least be like a bodyguard and provide protection if need be if things get bad.

Crozeph thought hard for a second, knowing that it will be a bit harder or tedious to search for one now. Crozeph nodded as he got lost in his thought turning it over and over on what to do next. "I think I'll be doing it solo, that way you can prep our items once I finally found some dungeon" he told her. Hestia will be able to stock up on potions as they fight their way through the dungeon. Crozeph on the on other hand can get on having materials in his travels, not that he needed another weapon to use, he is fine with Bleeding Dove for now. "I'll be stopping by your shop soon to buy some enhancements on finding dungeons" he told her. For now they can kick back and take a rest inside the town after a long day of having the heat beat down on them.

Got it Crozeph. Nods my head understanding that splitting preparation is also a rather good method for whatever a dungeon can hold. That being a mystery to me for what will be ahead. I can only hope that i can make everything that is needed for the coming quest, or if it isn't the best at least some song crystals to heal people up at the minimum. Maybe finally get the possibility of business which is rather rare unto itself. Well lets head back into town then to head our separate ways for the moment. Dungeon prep, or even quest prep needs materials and such. I say with a rather happy smile upon my face. Also regarding that fire tiger you heard about i think it is on the sixth floor. That being what i remember of it not much else though. i tell you to help you out with your memory regarding the opponent as i then turn back towards where i think the town is, and then starts to walk into that direction hoping that i am right and not just getting myself hopelessly lost.

Crozeph nodded as he tightened the leather pads of his samurai armor. It turns out that his speed only hinders him from unleashing his hard-hitting abilites, He now relies on precision and learning on the mistakes of his moves. Crozeph walked towards the direction of the town. They'll be going their separate ways for now and pretty much meet up somewhere dangerous. Crozeph evaluated what he had gained "we'll just keep in touch and try to keep things prepared as possible, I'm still weak due to the stat changes after some patch inside this game so I'll be trying to pick up some nice equipments or weapon to my extent"  Crozeph patted the head of Hestia's familiar "this one is a crafty little fella, you're lucky to have one" he told her. Crozeph didn't know what could happen next but he's sure that the two of them got the basics covered, embellishments can be used later but for now...they're doing great.

(ooc: you can end it here or try to add more theatrical endings haha.)