PP - F04 - Do You Wanna Kill a Snowman «Absolute-Zero» Shield & Hikoru

ID# 92266 results: Loot: 20+6=26 - Found chest!

"Well, for starters," Shield said, thinking back to the meeting and everything that had happened since. "The news about..." He paused. Hikoru had not taken the passing of their guild mate smoothly, and he did not know how well he was doing now. He rethought exactly how to word the next part. "Anyways, since the meeting - I spent some time with Teion. You know. Just to check on her. It was hard, but in a way it helped, just being with someone who was going through the same thing. Since then, I've been trying to combat some of the system updates for Merchants, which is why we're up here. With most of my Tank tree completed, I've been focusing on scouting skills to find better loot. If I'm going to stay relevant, I have to keep finding stuff that's worth identif-" 

He paused. They were making their way down towards the mines outside of Tomoiko, but something was off. The light was moving. Shield glanced back over his shoulder. The entire floor was lit naturally, by glowing crystals and fungus, and yet there on the wall was a moving shadow. There was a torch. Right in the middle of a wall that had no other torches.

"What on earth-" he had seen this before, and then, it had meant something significant. He stepped closer and pulled on the bracket that held the torch. Immediately, the wall parted, revealing a wooden chest whose lid bore the eye sockets and horns of a demonic style skull. "Huh. Well, that was a lot faster than I expected."

Edited by Shield

Hikoru listened curiously for a moment, and when he noticed the pause his eyes narrowed. The man had clearly meant to talk about something, something about news.... Right, he meant about Beatbox's death. He grit his teeth a bit and ignored the pang in his heart, the man truly cared for his emotional state. It was true that he could easily put on a cold exterior, but his interior was still hurting, and he didn't have Vale with him for comfort. He breathed in through his nose, and out through his mouth to calm himself as he finished talking about the Tank tree, when he spotted something, and sure enough a wall moved to reveal a demonic-looking chest. His eyebrows raised, as it was the first time he had seen a treasure chest in a long while. The last one he saw blew up in his face about a year ago, and he had avoided them since. He took a step back for safety, and cleared his throat.

"We can talk later.... Actually, tonight I planned to rest for an adventure im taking tomorrow, I could use someone with some keen eyes to help me find the things I need to get..." He said, offering the tank a way to help him with some materials. "But for now, how do we open this?" He asked curiously

Using Golden Key

ID# 92271 LD:16+7=23 CD:2 4,200 Col, 10 T3 Materials, 1 T3 Perfect Consumable, 2 T3 Perfect Weapon

To answer Hikoru's question, Shield swiped through his inventory and summoned a small, golden key into his hand. He knelt down and held the key in front of the lock. With a soft tinkle of metal, the key vanished in a cloud of glittering golden dust. The lid popped open a crack, and a dialogue box appeared in front of Shield. He scrolled through it, his eyebrows arching slightly.

"This is actually a really good haul," he said, giving a low whistle. "Two weapons, a consumable, some mats and a good chunk of money." Shield send a dialog box over to Hikoru, offering him the materials and some of the Col. "You're welcome to the consumable as well, but I'll need to ID it first." He straightened up, and the chest burst into light blue polygons, its stamina depleted now that it no longer served a purpose. "I'd call this a more than successful trip. I won't keep you any longer if you need to go train. Take care of yourself, friend."

He offered Hikoru a fist to bump before turning and making his way back towards Tomoiko.

- Quest Rewards -

- Shield -
3 SP
4,950 Col
1 T3 Perfect Consumable
2 T3 Perfect Weapons
Zero Degree Icicle

- Hikoru -

1 SP
2,150 Col
10 T3 Materials
Zero Degree Icicle