[F2-PP] A unwanted detour <<Long live the Queen>>

He chuckles a bit at the words, and makes a note to work better on his temper when he has been slighted by this games RNG towards him. He quickly opens up his menu and scrolls over towards that name Hei, and sends him a message to change the order on the last one. To be different since he doesn't wish to deal with what he just did in regards to missing constantly against such a enemy. He will make sure to give his enemy the most difficult time possible while making sure he hits every attack that he does. After typing out the message and looks at the lake wandering what is the use in trying to explain his ideas to this player since that might be to much. Just lying in wait is better, and slowly working off this trust that could build. If anything at least he has someone with which he can be himself rather then that fake persona he had crafted for every other player he had run across. That being a rather mentally draining task to try and keep his calm at all times when dealing with possibly the more annoying types of players that are out their.

Well Pinball if you manage to pull in a boss i can only hope that my attacks decide to cooperate with me instead of failing me like with the fish man it did. Cause if that is the case we're better off running from the fight then actually participating in it. The man known as mars says to this player. he then pauses and curiously attempts something. What's your name? And don't give me pinball i mean your actual name. You must be tired of having to abandon that name by now. Wouldn't you prefer someone finally saying it after all this time? he questions trying to get some kind of information since he had accidentally let slip his family name during that fight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mars asked him his name. Pinball flushed. He hadn't told anyone his name in this game; it was the only thing he could truly call his own, after all. Pinball was oddly protective of it, and it wasn't something that he wanted to give out. At least... not yet. Pinball shook his head. "I'm fine with my username. I named my character after my cat, and it reminds me of my life at home. Or at least, what used to be my life." He scratched the back of his head, looking back into the rushing water. "Sorry. I don't really want to share that, at the moment," he said, then quickly added, "it's just a personal thing, it's not you!" Pinball checked his energy. It was recovering, slowly but surely. The auto recovery would soon activate, once the system recognized that he was out of combat. Then, he would start fishing. "The one time I had to fight a fishing boss, I had my Guild Leader to back me up. He put the thing at 4 health in a single punch. That being said, they aren't pleasant to deal with. Not in the slightest." Pinball figured Mars, another martial artist, would appreciate knowing of another. 

OOC Rec.: 

+10 HP 

+ 1 EN 

Ah so you're guild leader is one of those frontlines people, or the player that i made sure to personally look into. That Stryder fellow if i remember correctly. I mean why wouldn't i make it my business to know the man who i am striving to try and match in terms of strength and such. One martial artist against another. Now that would be a fun challenge and fight to see i would imagine. Would be rather exciting for myself since it would be a test of how far i have come along. Mars says with a grin upon his face as he lays down in the grass looking towards the sky as he wonder how lucky he would have to be in dealing with finding a familiar at some point within his adventures, and how long it would take to actually find one. To see if the rumors of difficulty are true, or just over exaggerated among other players that it has gained its current reputation.  So then for this guild of yours. What kind of people are they? what do they stand for? he decides to ask just out of idle curiosity.

Pinball forced a smile. This Mars guy, he was very capable. And Pinball was sure a fight between the two men would be very interesting, indeed. But there was something Pinball didn't like about the idea of Stryder being beaten. It must be because he looked up to him. Then again, a match between the two really would be interesting. Pinball had seen both men in action, and they were both deadly fighters. Mars let his temper flare, and absolutely wreaks havoc on his opponent. Stryder, if he felt he needed to protect something, was absolutely the same way. 

"My guild? Oh, they're good people. All of them." Pinball smiled. It was true. "Stryder is a very kind man, unusually so. He really wants to look out for his guild members, and he's very determined to take himself and his guild to the frontlines. Like, to the point where he left a guild because of its inactivity to make his own. But, he can lose himself in his temper, and, between you and me... he's not terribly bright." Pinball chuckled. "But, that's where the other leaders come in. They put together the guild so that Stryder didn't hold all the power. Eatos, I still haven't met. She's much more professional than Stryder though, from what I've heard. She's probably the one handling the financial and political affairs. And the other one is Hei. All around friendly dude. He's a really chill guy. Fun to hang out with.

"Of course, there's others." Pinball swiped open his menu, going down the list. "Thorsten is practically a leader, too, though he has no skill in combat as of yet. Very smart guy. Fae is only eight or nine, so, of course the guild had to take her in. She's sweet, though. Saphira is another shy girl I've barely talked to, and then there's Jade Eye, Crozeph, and Paglihka. All people I haven't really met. Those three usually keep to themselves.

Pinball thought for a moment. "The guild's main purpose, I guess, would be to make it to the front line. They want to help escape the game, while simultaneously making it a better place for the ones who are trapped here." A pause, then, in a slightly scornful tone, "your stereotypical frontliners.

"But enough about me. What's your whole story? Why the act? What's your whole... schtick?"

Edited by Pinball

He raises an eyebrow at that at hearing of this guild and how it runs itself. A rather interesting way to handle things, but at the very least the people within the guild know their weaknesses and how to deal with such weaknesses. Not knowing much about this Eatos as he tries to think if he has any information on the girl. However, nothing comes to his mind as he can only assume it is do to the fact she just didn't pick up on his radar as someone of noteworthy within his mind. The only interesting guild member he had heard from was the fact that their is supposedly a guild running around and trying to fight. Which is rather interesting to note their are children in the game. Well if i may. I am not in your guild, so i don't have any authority on what to say, but maybe getting more miniature goals is better then just the big picture one. Maybe create some interesting goals that could be something special, and unique. Just little things to spice up the guild life with small goals you could reach as a group or individual. He offers as a possibility to bring up to these leaders wondering if he can push this guild somehow to be more interesting. If their leader is stryder then it is definitely worth trying to see what this guild can become. He wishes to see what the martial artist is capable of. In combat and in leadership.

My story? My act? Rather interesting you ask me for my story when i wasn't even allowed the small personal information of even your name, but yet you ask me for why i act as i do. Rather unbalanced trade don't you think. He asks the individual beside him with a small smirk on his face as he points this out.

"Smaller goals, huh..?" Pinball watched the water rush by, then pulled out his fishing rod. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's something we'll have to talk about." His energy had completely recovered, so he figured if he was going to fish, he may as well do it not. As he cast the line, Mars pointed out the unfairness of the information trade. Pinball laughed, and cast the line. "Yeah, I guess that's pretty fair." Then, he stopped laughing. He slowly turned his head to Mars, looked him dead in the eyes. An unblinking, emotionless stare. "What's your social security number?" Pinball burst out laughing at his own joke, only calming down when he felt a small tug on the line. He reeled in the materials, gathering the 3 Tier-Ones that he had fished up. Pinball shrugged. "If I pull something bigger than that fish guy - Fish Soldier, whatever - If I fish it up, be ready to run. There's no way we can fight one of those things. Not as we are now, at least.

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 93415

CD: 9 (Success!) 

3 T1 Materials gathered. 

@Mars

Edited by Pinball

He nods his head at the boy accepting the fact that he was right as it is naturally right to think so. He only pointed out things that could be better to improve something. Especially if it is something that could be of interest like this guild. With the only interest being this leader that is in charge of it. Only time will be able to tell how it will develop from this point forward though. Either way might be something to keep his eye on, and to wait and see what this guild will have in store. He just doesn't even chuckle or laugh at the joke that was made just looking towards the water with a rather uninterested expression. The only sign that he enjoyed it if even a little bit is the small subtle smirk that appeared on his face for only a moment. Well if you manage to pull something out that is life threatening. Maybe you should consider the fishing business not for you. He says to the kid beside him just looking at the water as if trying to find these monster enemies that somehow can lurk beneath these waves.

Pinball shrugged. "I do enjoy the thrill, though. The rush of adrenaline that comes with it. I have the feeling I'll have to fight way more bosses in the future." He sighed. "Maybe even when I'm by myself. I'll either manage to cheat death, or die. Simple as that." Pinball cast the line into the water, watched as the hook sunk beneath. Pinball stretched his back as he sat, then continued to say, "It's all good, though. Reminds me of the times my dad would force me to join him at the pier. I always wanted to stay home and read, so I usually just grumbled and sat in the sand while he fished." He felt a tug on the end of the line, and he reeled it in. His fishing yielded two Tier-One Materials. Pinball counted up, ensuring that he had the correct amount in his inventory. Pinball yawned, and stretched again. He had barely slept last night, and relaxing like this was making him groggy. 

Fishing: 

Spoiler

ID# 93422 

CD: 7 (Success) 

2 T1 Materials Fished Up! 

Edited by Pinball

Well if you plan to fight those fish bosses in the future try doing so with the appropriate gear next time. More evasion and such will go a long way in a fight, and if you manage to get a heavy dealing weapon accuracy is always useful also. he says to the kid at his side as he looks into the water one knee bent and the other relaxed flat along the ground. He just calmly looks out to the water before looking at the Pinball kid and seeing him practically falling asleep. If you're tired you should just head on home for the day. I already had to carry you in a fight, and i don't need to be carrying you actually towards a settlement since you fell asleep on me leaving me to defend against any monster your little fishing pole manages to fish up. he says to the player saying it in a mix of a serious and joking tone as he looks at the water of the lake. Himself wondering why he is willing to actually almost be civil to this player of all things? Maybe it is just his mind wanting to find someone to latch to with whom he can try to be himself and drop his acts, so it chose this kid who seemingly doesn't care for his acts and would prefer himself.

"Yeah, I'd want pretty good gear If I fought one of those things. I was only lucky to have someone to protect me, that one time," he replied, casting his line. He shrugged and laughed as Mars commented on his tiredness. "Pssh, sleep is for the weak. I'll sleep when we get back, and we recieve our juicy quest rew-" His fishing rod took a sharp turn downwards, into the water. The force pulling the rod threatened to bring Pinball down into the water with it, so he let go. "Damn it! Mars! Run! Now!" Pinball grabbed the man, yanking him away from the edge of the river as best he could. A monster burst forth from the water, with a loud hiss. It spit out a glob of poison, and it landed where the two had just been sitting, calmly fishing. The spot the glob touched instantly burnt with a soft sss. "We have to go," he yelled at the man, panicking and offering him a hand up. "Now. Quickly!" The monster's healthbar appeared, revealing its name... The Cuddle Fish. "God damn it... Who comes up with these names?!

THE CUDDLE FISH: 

Spoiler

fishthingiguess.jpg.1664b269d4ae82aeca28c0ecc360823c.jpg

Combat: 

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 93423

CD: 1 (Boss Monster!!)

BD: <<Fishing Counts as Post Action>> MD: 1 (Miss!) 

The Cuddle Fish attacks Pinball

The Cuddle Fish misses!

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

The Cuddle Fish: HP 200/200 / 60 DMG / 10 MIT

- Players -

{H:0} @Mars: HP 200/200 / EN 20/20 / 6 DMG / 1 ACC / 9 MIT 

{H:0} Pinball: HP 163/200 / EN 20/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT

Edited by Pinball

He sees the rod get pulled rather quickly, and quickly rolls back out of the way and starts to back away from the water not liking the idea of this creature being nearby and having the potential to attack them. However, once it shows itself it certainly looks frightening until the name appears. I am sorry. Is that thing called a cuddle fish!!!??? He says in disbelief able to see two health bars appear which means it is rather powerful. Well i wish you luck Pinball i hope you get out of here like i plan to. I also of course wish the same luck to myself. The warrior says not wishing to fight this like an idiot when their isn't another person with him who can deal the same damage he is able to do against these creatures. He quickly turns and starts to run away from this creature however the Cuddle fish creature moves rather quickly and cuts him off from his path as he is forced to take a few steps backwards to avoid getting within striking range.

LD: 5 (fail)   @Pinball

Edited by Mars

He placed a hand on Mars' shoulder. "If you're not out of here in five minutes, I'm coming back. Meet me at the west edge of the woods, so I know you're safe." And with that, Pinball ran off, ducking around the hissing and spitting monster that would surely do a good amount of damage to whoever it attacked. Mars would have to face it on his own for now. If he didn't come back in a good amount of time, Pinball would rush back, and stun the creature, hopefully buying Mars the time to get away. Pinball rushed through the forest, not daring to look back. After he had ran for some time, he turned around, and saw nothing but woods. Pinball started walking towards the forest's edge, which was still a ways away, filled with anxious dread. Please don't die on me. He had seen firsthand what a fishing boss could do, and it was not a pretty sight. Pinball shuddered, already questioning whether he should run back.

Running Away:

Spoiler

ID# 93726

LD: 16 (Complete Success!) 

Running Away successful. Pinball leaves combat. 

Edited by Pinball

Upon seeing his ally just run away from all of this he just turns back to the thing called a cuddlefish of all things and just glares at it. He then tries to get into position once more, but before he can get a chance to move he gets slammed into hard by the fish as an attack knocking him onto the ground. He quickly gets back up since he is unhampered from pain since it is impossible to feel it within this game. He then quickly runs away in the same direction of the player Pinball till he catches up to him with his health having been lowered from the attack upon his person. seems like you are a terrible fisherman Pinball if you managed to get a loot mob, and then that thing practically one after the other. He says in clear annoyance especially since he actually got hit by something that ridiculous sounding.

#93790  LD: 16   MD: 6

149/200 HP

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

Pinball laughed as he saw Mars, relief washing over him immediately. They had made it out safe. Thank God. Pinball nodded, laughing. "Yeah, I'm definitely not the luckiest person around. It's probably time to call it a day." Pinball stopped walking, and stuck his hands in his pockets. "Well, I did manage to fish up a few materials," he said, opening his inventory, "and I'm sure you earned something for killing the mob for us." He paused for a moment, counting up his materials. "You said you wanted to earn half of them?" Pinball grinned, an idea forming in his head. "Here's the deal - when we reach Level 20, or around there - we have a duel. Half Loss, of course. If you agree to that, then anytime you come fishing with me, I promise to split everything earned 50/50." Pinball nodded, confirming his choice. "We can start now, by splitting our loot when we get back to town." Pinball closed his inventory, letting out a yawn. "Yeah - I think that's fair. You down?" He stuck out his hand, offering it to Mars. 

OOC NOTE: Let's get to 60 posts before closing. 

He nods his head at the baseline assessment of what had happened. That it seems the RNG of the game had decided to give them a hard time, but at the very minimum even if they faced such threats they did game some decent materials at least from doing this. Well i guess you are correct in that aspect Pinball we did gain some nice materials to use to our benefit at the very minimum, and even managed to fight off a loot minimum mob with incomplete builds for our level. He says with a nod of his head at that fact. When he hears of the duel option though he grins a bit and nods his head liking that idea. A chance to test his metal against another player, and to see what could come of doing so. To see just how far he can make it in this game at that point. Sounds like a good idea Pinball i accept such a idea. And may the best Roman war god win. He says with a grin as he shakes this player's hand with a grin of absolute confidence on his face.

Pinball smiled. This was going to be interesting. Fighting another player... but first, he would need to get stronger. Much stronger. To the point where Mars wouldn't be able to hurt him as much as he did the mobs. Pinball nodded. "When we get back to the town, we can count up the loot." Pinball looked back to where they had just been, then back at Mars. "Then, I guess we go our seperate ways... for now." Pinball started walking. "The town is a ways away. We went out quite a bit to find the stream. Anything in particular you want to do before we get there?" As he walked, Pinball went out of his way to count the leaves on the floor. There wouldn't be any once they made it out back to the plains, he knew, but it was something to do that would keep him from being bored. Walking in silence is one of the most awkward things two people could do. 

He calmly walks alongside the player back towards the town as he quickly opens up his inventory and equips some more casual clothing for himself that he finds better then just to wear his armor casually. The outfit starting with a black trancoat that goes down to his feet and a simple grey shirt, and long black pants. he puts his hands within his pockets and just walks alongside the player. Well regarding on what to do next for myself is start clearing up some more quests upon these floors to try and get a good level boost and such. I mean  i have to make sure to beat you to level 20 mister Pinball. Even if you could have that little guild of yours helping you out with gaining some levels. He says to you with a look of confidence upon his face. I mean if i allowed you even a chance of feeling victorious then i would be a pretty bad rival now wouldn't i? He asks the player as his health and energy are practically already almost back to full already.

Pinball jumped at the sound of a menu opening. For a moment, it seemed to Pinball as if somebody else was with them - but no, it was Mars, changing his outfit. Pinball was quite jealous; he only had his combat gear to wear. He listened as Mars told him his plans, and Pinball decided he would do the exact same thing. He couldn't let this guy beat him... He had a point to prove... to himself, if anyone. Pinball nodded, a determined grin on his face. "Yeah, that's right." Mars seemed like he would make for one hell of an opponent. Even if Pinball's Fishing skill held him back a bit in terms of SP allotment, he was absolutely determined to be one of the hardest fighting players Mars would ever go against. Pinball started to hum, enjoying the breeze on the air. "I gotta get me some clothes, I think. Something warm... Floor 4 gets very cold; I was only lucky Stryder had an extra coat that one time." Pinball hoped his casual attempts at conversation would carry them to town entertained. 

he chuckles a little bit hearing that part not at it being particularly funny. Just at the slight idea of a player freezing to death somehow within this game.  The idea of that just being slightly humorous to himself since it seems like the game has been designed for that not to be a possibility unless frostbitten is a possible status ailment that could kill a player. However, he hasn't heard of any tales like that so the possibility is rather low from a player dying of cold more so just lose motivation if they allow this cold to affect them. Well try fighting Avalanche with only my armor and such to try and give you warmth, ad then having the luck to fight off four mini versions of him that are set to your level. That is my own experience with that snow filled tundra they try to kill a livable floor. Makes me wonder what sort of people live on that, and how can they bare to even stand such frigid temperatures. He says in a calm tone willing to follow along with some small talk as it will at least make it seem as if they are traveling faster, and if anything it might possibly open a gateway to more opportunities to be had.

"Jesus, that sounds rough," Pinball whistled, swiping his menu open as they walked. At the rate they were walking, they would be reaching the town soon. "Well, I'm going to have to take that quest eventually. We'll see what happens, I guess." Pinball watched his map for a second, then swiped over to his equipment. Pinball got very focused on his task, biting a nail as he worked. It was a nervous habit that had carried over into the game... one that still affected him. Suddenly, he tripped, and his menu closed for him. Pinball hit the ground, then shot back up, his face bright red. He brushed off his pants, and kept walking, speeding up so he wouldn't have to look at Mars directly. Pinball was silent the rest of the walk. 

It wasn't terribly long before the Floor's starting town came into sight. Pinball let out a sigh of relief, turning to look at Mars, walking backwards. "Not too far, now. We'll count up our materials 'n stuff when we get inside the safe zone.