PP/F4) A true companion (Feeding the Enemy)

Sky opened his eyes, appearing on the fourth floor. He had been searching for a familiar for ages. He had been out once with a guy, he had never seen again since. He had met Hikoru that day, a front liner who had pressed a dagger up to his throat and threatened to kill him... Why, he honestly couldn't remember, nor did he care. The second time had been with Embers, they had searched literally a full night for it and had failed. While he had gotten to know that girl better, it also hadn't gone as well as he would have wanted. He wished he could have found one, and now he was going to go find another one, well, try to find another one. He wanted something that would be able to follow him around, be loyal and fierce, and help him protect others... He would know it when he saw it.

"Its time to do this" He says, running off into the forests, sending a message to Eatos as he ran through the woods.

@Eatos Im on the fourth floor heading towards the lake. Doing the familiar quest, want to keep me company?

Eatos smirked. He was heading to the lake. Her reply was simple and curt.

'I'll see you there then'

The blacksmith had been at Frostbite lake for an hour, and now, there was no point moving. The girl smiled. She'd spent the past hour singing and watching Angel play in the snow, and now, she was waiting for Stryder. It seemed right for her to help, with Angel in tow. She could also show off her newest skill, the ability to use a Katana. She wasn't wearing her Guardian Angel armour, but rather, her suit. Ever since it had been made, the girl had been wearing it whenever she wasn't in combat. Proper clothes. In made her feel, well, like the world she was living in was, to some degree, normal. Like she was meant to be here, and her real body wasn't currently lying in a hospital bed looking more sickly by the day. 

"So tell me, does a sin stain the soul of one forever~ Or may they find retribution within the eyes of the angels...?" 

Edited by Eatos

Embers wasn't the hugely fan of the fourth floor. It was cold as hell, and the area was kinda crappy. But it did has a plus, which was the monsters here weren't walk-overs like the others. It was a good place to farm herself up some experience with her weapons. The snow could be survived, and now, she spotted what she wanted. There was some, bear lookin' thing in the distance. Scythe on her back, she began a slow and lazy walk towards it. No need to rush this hunt. 

Like her dad taught her, approach the wild beasts carefully. While the game made it, well, safer, it was still the correct decision to hunt her pray down carefully. But, if the bear was to stop her early. Well, it would die like all the rest. After all, she was Larissa 'Embers' Williams, and the world would bend to her will. 

Sky was glad when he recieved Eato's reply. She would meet him there, meaning he wouldn't have to do this whole thing alone again. That was not something he wanted... He knew how lonely it can get doing stuff like this, and it wasn't something he enjoyed. He would eventually just go crazy and be unable to do anything to help himself, other then maybe start going on a hunting spree, but on this floor it didn't mean much for him to try and do that. When he got to the lake, he saw Eatos just... Well playing with Angel. She seemed deep in thought, like something was on her mind. He didn't normally see that in her, but it might just be because she didn't know he was here yet. He had once tried to hide and sneak up, and it hadn't ended well, he wasn't doing that twice.

"Hey, look who was faster for once" He says to her as he wlaks up, smiling to his friend.

The girl had her mind in a darker place, but she pushed past it as Angel barked at her. A warning. She looked up and, well, there he was. Angels' dilligence had, once again, paid off it seems. She stood up and took a deep breath. She knew why stryder was doing this, although, it was two part. From what she knew, he was getting a familiar namely for the combat uses of it. She ahd done it for a companion. But, both sides were just a valid. After all, he was combat, she was support. That was just the way the world operated. 

"Well, i was here before you ever sent the message. Angel was getting restless being couped up all day, so i brought her out here to run about..." The large Husky had been a lot more relaxed of late and was no longer growling at anyone who walked up to her. "So you're finally getting yourself a companion then. It'll be good for you, help keep you company" 

The girl was close enough for the bear to spot her, and it turns to face her. The girl pulled out her Scythe, and smirked. Of course, if this was the real world, she'd have a gun and not a scythe. And the chances of her hitting would be perect. She hated the 'randomness' that existed within the game. Her aim, no matter how true, would miss as the game dictated, and she lacked an accuracy bonus. But, she would soon solve that issue.

The bear charged the girl, and she let out a war cry before charging right at it. The girl swung her weapon, but it simply was deflected off the bears hide. She hadn't expected it to be so tough! The bears claws clashed into her armour, but her HP only dropped by a single point. Stupid creature! She stood up and the bear backed away slightly! 

"Idiot creature! You honestly think you can stop me!?"

Spoiler

Embers: 99/100 HP | 8/10 EN | 7 DMG | 27 MIT

Bear: 28/28 HP | 15 DMG

ID: 93021

BD: 2 <Miss>

Sword ARt: Whirlwind <2EN> 7(2)=14 DMG

MD: 9 <Crit, +1> 16 DMG

Edited by Embers

Sky smiled at her, obviously she came out here for Angel, that girl would do anything for that dog. He was guessing it was due to a dog she has in the real world... Or had. As with every player, Sky doesn't know that much about her life from outside of SAO, no one really talks about it. Whether its to avoid memories, or just because in a game you are a different person, it just wasn't something that he asked about, ever. 

"Yeah, it will be nice to have something to keep me company, like you and Angel, lets just hope i have luck finding one that i can bond with this time" He says, laughing a little. He had tried this a few times, and it had never worked. He shrugged, then decided to open his inventory, pulling out a recording crystal. With a few swipes of his finger, it hovered next to him and followed him when he walked, playing its song. 

"Angel's grown up so much... I remember when she was just a little puppy" He said to her,, smiling.

Eatos knew what he meant. Angel was her pride, her heart in this game. She couldn't even entertain the idea of the dog getting injured, didn't want to consider it. It was nice to see Stryder getting himself a companion, it was an amazing experience to have someone by your side throughout all of your troubles. Angel, hearing her name, came up and barked loudly, demanding attention. The blacksmith petted the large Husky, who seemed to glow under the attention.

"She's grown a lot, i couldn't be happier with her. I had a husky back home, a large fluffy guy called Gluttony. To have Angel here, well, she is no replacement. But a reminder, of what the real world...It still exists.."

The girl knew she'd been talking too much, but it felt nice to get it off her chest. She was curious what kind of familiar would come to Stryder, which one respected him enough to approach. In her case, Angel had 'snuck' up on her while she was talking about the real world. Maybe this game could tell what they needed, and would give it to them?

The girl had stood her ground, the bear had backed away. Part of her truly wished this was back in the real world, where she didn't have to rely on randomness that was this damn games mechanics. She'd simply aim her gun and pull the trigger, a bullet would tear through its heart and it would die. That was how it worked back home. Against a predator like this, caution had to be taken. However, not anymore.

In this game, she could be more reckless. A bear couldn't actually damage her, because of the armour she had. 

The bear let out another roar and charged! Embers charged forwards, this time, using her Scythe to block its claws, but the claws got in the way of her Sword Art, making it slam to the side and the shockwave making a loud 'bang' sound. 

"Bloody creature! How Dare you make me miss twice in a row!"

Spoiler

Embers: 99/100 HP | 6/10 EN | 7 DMG | 27 MIT

Bear: 28/28 HP | 15 DMG

ID: 93118

BD: 4 <Miss>

Sword Art: Whirlwind <2EN> 7(2)=14 DMG

MD: 3 <Miss>

Edited by Embers

Sky smiled at her, he wasn't the only one to have grown up. Since the moment he had first met her in this game, she had been scared. Even though she hadn't been like that for a fair while now, he still remembered it. Her fear. She seemed to have mostly gotten over that and seemed to have become a fighter. Not in the same sense as himself, or even Hei or Embers, but she wasn't afraid anymore. 

"You know, that gorgeous dog isn't the only one to have grown up, and i promise... I'l help get you home to your dog one day." He says to her, speaking his mind. He knew she would understand, she was a smart girl. He opened his inventroy, pulling out an item that he had finally gotten from Pinball, on his way over here non the less. He pulled out the Searching Tea, and drank it all. It was in a nice cup, and it made him feel very warm. The moment it went down he saw everything a dozen times clearer. He could see literally everything.... It was kind of beautiful actually. He looked at her, remembering he had one last piece to fuel his quest.

"Hey Eatos, any chance i can borrow those gloves you have for searching?" He asks, looking with a hopeful look.

- used Searching Tea + 3 LD. +4 when combined with Familiar Call.

The girl couldn't not smile. He would get her home? Was that, his mission? Was that that meaningful in his life? Surely not. That must be impossible, there is no way she was so much a focus for him. She couldn't quantify that in her mind, it made no sense to her. The blue-haired girl simply smiled at Stryder. She had nothing extra to say, no wise-crack to pull. Nothing needed to be said here.

"My...gloves?" She asked confused, not realizing what he meant until after a few seconds, where she looked at the ring on her finger. The silver ring with nordic symbols. She unequiped the item, and held it out to the raven-haired player. "This is the Relic Draupnir...In Nordic times, it was an item, created by master Dwavern Crafts, that was said to create all the gold Odin desired. Of course, it has a different role in the game..." After having explained the history, she felt, well, somewhat foolish explaining the history of the item, but she couldn't help herself.

"As long as it'll help you now, and you give it back...then use it however you need"

Her anger was starting to spike up some more as the bear charged at her, mouth wide open. The damn beat managed to catch her arm, thankfully, Reaper, her armour, weakened its attack dramatically. But, what it also allowed was a clean shot as her Scythe slammed into the bear, and the Whirlwind shockwave through it backwards in the white snow. 

Embers looked at the health. It was at half from one Sword Art hit. One more, and it was goodnight bear. She grinned and let out a loud yell. This bear was SO DEAD she could already taste meat in her mouth, until she recalled that upon killing the bear. It would explode, meaning there was no eating its meat nor using its fur. She let out a sigh at the realization she wouldn't be able to do her traditional ritual, But hey, why waste a perfect good bear? 

Spoiler

Embers: 98/100 HP | 4/10 EN | 7 DMG | 27 MIT

Bear: 14/28 HP | 15 DMG

ID: 93518

BD: 7 <Hit>

MD: 7 <Hit>

Edited by Embers

He had liked history in school, and when she started telling him about the origins of the name of the ring, he honestly found it quite interesting. He smied at her, noticing her smile. Maybe she was thinking about what he had said about getting her home, who knew, but it was a nice smile. He looked at the item in her hand, taking it and putting it on. He ahd to take something off though.... So he took off the heavy wrist-guard's that he had on, the ring slotting in. He felt like his hands could find more then usual... He had absolutely everything he could have, he was in tune with everything. The soothing music continued to play from his shoulder, peacefully chiming in the arctic snow.

"Didn't i craft you gloves to help you with this?" He asks, a little hurt she didn't have them. He then opened his inventory, pulling out the VERY first thing she ever crafted, Guiding Light.

"Remember this?" He asked, hearing something coming from the bushes, but not really caring right now. 

- Equipped  Draupnir - +3 LD - TOtal of +7

Guiding Light. The first place she ever made in her store. Simply seeing it, well, it was impossible not to smile seeing it. "Of course i recall it. I made it remember?" She knew it was coming. The 'Gloves of Greed'. The item he had made her. The girl glanced away.

"...I gave them to another player. They needed it more than i did. They were poor, starved. So, i let them take the gloves" She did feel, well, some guilt. But, she had rationalized it. That player needed the item, and she. Well, she could get herself replacements. Sure, it wasn't 'right' but it had to be done. "I'm sorry that i gave them away, but they needed the item" She looked around, and heard a player making a lot of noise. She looked over, but couldn't see what was happening.

"You hear that? It sounds like someones screaming murder over there.."

The girl was sick of this damn bear! She let out a battlecry, charing forwards Scythe in hand. A single swing, a loud shockwave, and the bear exploded. Embers let out a deep breath, that bear wasn't tough, per say. It was longer than planned, but within expectations. Next time, she'd have to hit it harder....

She closed her eyes, embracing the fire within. Of course, that would be possible if PEOPLE WEREN'T WALKING AND TALKING NEARBY! The girl stormed through the bush, only to come face to face with Stryder and his blue-haired blacksmith. The hesitation on her face was evident for a few seconds. "The..hell? What are y'all doin' all the way out here? Some romantic date or whatever?"

If she was entirely honest, she didn't care if they were an item or not. And she didn't care much about either. Eatos, that was the girls name. Guild leaders, well, the kid looked a little young.... She gave a glare to the girl, was this seriously what was happening?

Spoiler

Embers: 98/100 HP | 2/10 EN | 7 DMG | 27 MIT

Bear: 0/28 HP | 15 DMG

ID: 93518

BD: 10 <Crit>

MD: 1 <Miss>

Edited by Embers
Spoiler

ID# 93545 results:

Loot: 15+7 - 22 = Enhanced familiar Tamed

Name : Silver Aurora

Type - Familiar

Roll - 

ID# 93545 results:

Loot: 15+7 - 22

Skill - Accuracy Rank 1

mY PET sao.jpg

Sky pretended to look hurt when she said she gave them to another player, doing the whole fake crying and wiping a tear away. He felt pretty honoured actually. She had used the item he had made her to help someone else, which was really what he had wanted to do upon starting to craft, help others, and it seemed to work! He laughed a little afterwards, glad that she had made the choice she did, and hopefully showing her he wasn't really mad. Then he heard what she said, and after a second of listening h heard it too.... He turned to see what it was, but within a second, of course, a redhead was right in his face.... Embers.

Then she said they were on a DATE?!?!?! Sky blushed a little, before laughing. Eatos was his friend, nothing else.

"No, she is just helping me find a familiar" He says to her, before giving her a punch on the arm. But right as he did that he heard something.... It sounded like..... Something was being attacked!!! He had no idea what it was, but he was quick to sprint off, leaving both of them behind. He moved as fast as he could, and saw an Arctic wolf.... A female arctic wolf! He immediately felt something towards it.... Then watched as it was thrown into a tree. Three wolves had ganged up on her! He saw her health bar.... Which was weird, he didn't think he owuld be able to, but he didn't care. It was so low!!! He watched the pack leader howl, and then, as if following a order, one of the two hunter's leapt at her. She seemed to cower. Sky's rage flared, this was the equivalent to player killing... It was a injured wolf, with three others ganging up... It was horrible.

He dashed in, stepping right in front of the arctic wolf right as the hunter attacked, and the claws ripped straight into his chest, he had taken his armor off!!! He didn't care, his HP didn't drop that badly. The pack leader growed at him, roaring again and the second hunter went to attack, but Sky grabbed it by the muzzle and threw it back. The wolf hit the pack leader, stunning him for a moment. 

Sky looked back, seeing an injured Arctic wolf.... She was hurt, he could tell, her leg was badly manged, her breath was panting... This may just be a game... But he saw it as so much more.

Stats

Spoiler

ALLIES

Stryder - 510/540 HP 54/54 EN 3 ACC 7 LD +6 DMG

Arctic Wolf - 40/540 -  0 DMG (Injured) -2 EVA, - 1 ACC (Note, just for flavor for the Story i'm doing, will not get hit in place of a player)

Embers(If she chooses)

Eatos (If she chooses)

ENEMIES

Wolf Pack Leader - 160/160 HP 35 DMG 2 ACC - 1 EVA

Wolf Hunter 1 - 140/140 30 DMG 1 ACC

Wolf Hunter 2 - 140/140 30 DMG 1 ACC

Rolls

Spoiler

ID# 93748 results:

MOB: 6+1 Wolf Hunter 1 attacking Ice wolf - Stryder jumped in way and took hit - 30 DMG to Stryder

ID# 93749 results:

MOB: 3+1 - Attacking Stryder - Missed

ID# 93750 results:

MOB: 1 Crit Miss on Stryder

Eatos hadn't been prepared to run into, of all players, Embers. The girl had joined the guild on several ones, and she seemed. Well, highly emotional and that was her being kind. She had a feeling, if she knew the red-haired girl more, they'd get along. But it was impossible to theorise. She simply let out a sigh at the word date, although Stryder reacted differently. To Eatos, the word date was, well, odd. In her mind, that would be someone with whom you have absolute faith and trust. Something that, if she was entirely honest, she wasn't with Stryder. There were still parts she had no intention to reveal.

Stryder ran off, once again. The girl could only let out a sigh. This was so typical of him. she jogged to catch up, and the boy had placed himself between three wolves and a weaker one. It took the girl a moment, before she realized what was occuring, She ran forwards, and snached the Katana, Celestia Sword, before striking at one of the wolves. However, it ducked its head out of the way and the girl took a step back. She didn't say anything, but threw a look at the wolf. Stryder would protect it, and after, it would become his. She was simply, a witness. 

Spoiler

ID: 93775

BD: 1(+3) =4 <Miss> Sword Art: Han'ei (2EN)

Stryder - 510/540 HP 54/54 EN 3 ACC 7 LD +6 DMG

Arctic Wolf - 40/540 -  0 DMG (Injured) -2 EVA, - 1 ACC (Note, just for flavor for the Story i'm doing, will not get hit in place of a player)

Eatos 360/360 HP | 32/36 EN | 7 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Embers:  100/100 HP - 10/10 EN - 7 DMG - 27 MIT 

ENEMIES

Wolf Pack Leader - 160/160 HP 35 DMG 2 ACC - 1 EVA

Wolf Hunter 1 - 140/140 30 DMG 1 ACC

Edited by Eatos

The  Kid was finding a familiar eh? Finding some companion to join him through thick and thin. In the girls mind, she imagined he'd have some land animal. He was usually always in a good mood. Maybe he'd get a dog or something? It would make sense to her, get a pet that is somewhat similar to yourself and you'll be fine. She opened her mouth to try and fluster the Kid some more, but he ran off! She felt anger burn within her. How dare he run off like that, she was about to talk! 

The blacksmith followed, and Embers not long after. How dare he leave while she was still talking to him! She opened her mouth, right as she spotted it. A fight between wolves, and Stryder had stepped in. Hell, even the blacksmith pulled out a Katana and got into the action. Embers watched and was, torn.

In nature, it was survival of the strongest and the smartest. Obviously the lone wolf was weak and was getting culled. For food or for the pleasure of the hunt. Normally, she wouldn't care much. However, those two idiots had gotten involved. She let out a sigh before charging up to one of the smaller wolves and hitting it hard with Whirlwind and standing between in the injured wolfess and the others. 

"Rules saw this weak one should die. Can't believe you wanna screw with nature THis badly. But then again, Kid, you and wolves always find each other..."

Spoiler

ID: 93777

BD: 7 <Hit> Sword Art: Whirlwind (2EN) 7(2)=14DMG

Eatos 360/360 HP | 32/36 EN | 7 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Embers:  100/100 HP - 10/10 EN - 7 DMG - 27 MIT 

ENEMIES

Wolf Hunter 1 - 126/140 30 DMG 1 ACC

Edited by Embers
Spoiler

ID# 93784 results:

Battle: 8+3-11-Hit. Acupuncture - 15x9=135 - Wolf Hunter 2

Eatos 360/360 HP | 32/36 EN | 7 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

ENEMIES

Wolf Hunter 2 - 5/140 30 DMG 1 ACC

Spoiler

ID# 93785 results:

MOB: 2 - Wolf Hunter 2 Miss

ID# 93786 results:

MOB: 4 - Wolf Hunter 1 Miss

ID# 93787 results:

MOB: 2 - Pack Leader Miss

Sky didn't have to wait for long, staring down the wolves before both Eatos and Ember's came out of the forest. Eatos seemed to take a moment before... well helping. She jumped in with her Katana, though the wolf ducked out of the way. These guys are professional hunters, and wouldn't be put down that easy. Right after though, Embers came out and hit a wolf hunter. It backed up, the impact annoying it as it turned to attack her! Though as it jumped to  attack, its foot got caught on a rock, making its leap go short. 

Sky turned his attention behind him.... This wolf needed help.... and he would protect her. He didn;t know how he knew it was a girl.... But he just did. He turned back, right in time to see the pack leader going for a bite. Sky quickly grabbed him by the muzzle and threw it away, it smacked into a tree but took no damage. Not liking his pack leader getting abused, the other wold Hunter tried to attack Sky, though before he could even leap Sky appeared next to it, moving as fast as he could and striking it along the back with his Acupuncture sword art, before throwing it to its Pack Leader, the wolf whimpering, but still standing strong.

He listened to Ember's wise crack... And without even taking his eyes off the wolves, he responded, his voice calm and collected, though for someone who knew anger.... They might detect a hint of it in there to.

"Everything deserves to live a life.... Except the bastards who target those who cannot defend themselves...." He said to the two, the injured wolf behind him looking up at the boy, a slight whimper coming out of it, but it didn't sound scared... The wolf sounded relieved.

• 4 weeks later...

Eatos listened to Stryder and Embers have their disagreement, while the girl herself simply took deep breaths. For her, there was more than they realized. This was a good time to use her Katana, a proper test of her skill with the weapon. She saw that one wolf was on low HP, and knew one of her Sword Arts was an Area of Effect one. Meaning she could hit all three wolves at the same time. With Stryder taking one of the wolves to the red, it was worth giving a go. 

The animals were focused on Stryder, so the blacksmith threw herself forwards and swung her Katana. She managed to slip between all of the wolves, and spun around a few times. Her blade missed one of the wolves, but connected on two. It even killed the weaker one, and right as it exploded. The Blacksmith retreated back to the 'line' with Stryder and Embers. The girl didn't say anything as Angel barked at the wolves loudly, the Husky staying at his masters side incase she was attacked by any of the wolves. 

Spoiler

Sword Art: Tsumuji Guruma (AoE)

ID: 95218

BD: 6(+3)=9 <-1> 8 <Hit> 7 DMG to Wolf Pack Leader

ID: 95219

BD: 1(+3)=4 <Miss> 0 DMG to Wolf Hunter 1

ID: 95220

BD: 4(+3)=7 <Hit>. 7 DMG to Wolf Hunter 2 

Eatos 360/360 HP | 30/36 EN | 7 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

ENEMIES

Wolf Pack Leader - 153/160 HP 35 DMG 2 ACC - 1 EVA

Wolf Hunter 2 - 0/140 30 DMG 1 ACC

Edited by Eatos