[PP-F1] TSLIAF "Grabbing the Horns"

Quest Detail

Spoiler

<<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

Image result for Dungeons and Dragons, Blacksmith

Background Information - An old NPC Blacksmith, dubbed Lyle Tealeaf, is in the Town of Beginnings. He plans on helping the new players of SAO by helping them understand the basics of Sword Art Online.

Quest Objective
- Lyle Tealeaf is short on rarer materials for his weaponry. He needs three(3) Boar Pup Tusks to complete his work. (Boar Pup Tusks are treated as materials, so you need to defeat them until you recover (3) Boar Pup Tusk materials)

Boar Pup Stats:
HealthPoints: 5
Damage: 3 (does not gain bonus damage on Criticals)
Boars drop Tusks on LD 11+

-Return to Lyle Tealeaf and hand over the materials.

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (20 or more posts)
-Must have completed 'The First Few Lessons are Free' before taking this quest
-Must RP traveling to and from Lyle's workshop
-Maximum Party size of 2.

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded one of the following items by Lyle
    - 1 Tier one weapon with one(1) slots damage or,
    -1 Tier One armor with one(1) slot mitigation

2. A potion of 'Safeguard' that can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'

3. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 3 materials)

Recommended Level: 1

Kimi and Kaya were following the directions left by the previous quest giver to give a potion to another NPC. As the duo made her way though the Town of Beginnings to find the blacksmith she soon came to the exact shop she needed to be. "Hello?" Kimi said as she crept inside it. "I was told to deliver a potion to a Lyle Tealeaf. He is supposed to be here." As she was exploring the shop it was quite obvious it belonged to a blacksmith. The walls were lined with hammers, clamps, and all sorts of devices. There was also the staple smith and anvil of a blacksmith a the corner of the shop. While she was getting a good look of the tools that were hanging on the walls a old NPC man came around the corner. "Can i help you miss?" As the NPC approached Kimi pulled out the potion that she was supposed to pass on and gave it to the NPC. "I was told to give this to you, and also that you might have something for me to do." The NPC took the potion happily and mentioned he did have one. <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> "Yes, i'm actually in need of materials. If you could make your way to the forest outside the Town of Beginnings and grab 3 Boar pup tusks that would be great."

Used items/Buffs:

Spoiler

Yui's Grace

Skylight (Searching):+1 Expertise to declared utility skill.

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi

I walk through the town of beginnings as i walk around sticking close to the locations where the lessons quests are started. Since that is the easiest way to go about doing such a thing. Go where quests are started, and you can see if players look uncertain or uneasy about doing such quests. that is when i could easily walk up to them, and help them out with what i can do with my build of being a giant shield against the enemies that players could face. I look over towards my familiar with my blue colored eyes and sees him calmly walking besides me as i smile at the sight. Just feeling comfortable and relaxed even more from my familiar's presence. Since it is like having a pet a constant friend that is at your side and wishing happiness like it wants to help you. I look over towards the second lesson quest area and sees the lyle shop as i pass by it, and just stands their for a bit to see if anybody passes by it to go in or out.

@Kaya

Kaya followed Kimi towards the next part of the noobie quest. It didn't take long of the duo to eventually reach the quest giver's shop. "Lyle Tealeaf huh?" Kaya questioned in her mind, imagining some scrawny old man. As they entered the shop, Kaya notices a noirette somewhat staring at them, or atleast, the shop they were about to enter. It was almost stalkerish. She seemed familiar, but Kaya didn't really take it to mind as they finally enter the shop.

As the two enter, they're welcomed with a multitude of blacksmithing stuff. From anvils to weapons and the like. "Huh... this guy must be really good huh?" Kaya began to browse the wares when a voice booms from around the corner. As Kaya turned around, she sees a hulking old man with a massive beard and large muscles to boot. "Heh guess he's not so scrawny after all. His name really doesn't fit." After Kimi quickly talked to the NPC, a window appears in front of Kaya to accept the 2nd quest. Quickly accepting, the duo began to make their way towards the shop's exit. 

@Kimi

When the duo accepted the quest and headed out the shop to begin their second adventure. Kimi noticed a player standing outside looking towards the blacksmiths shop with a somewhat familiar face. "Hestia?" Kimi said as she walked towards her. "What are you doing all over here?." It was a slightly odd question for Kimi to ask, but she was genuinely curious. "For someone of your level i wasn't expecting you to all the way out here." Kimi said as she ended up getting distracted from her quest. "Ohh yeah... Id like you to meet a friend of mine. Kimi gestured towards Kaya. "This is Kaya. She helped me quite a bit when i first arrived in the Town of Beginnings." Kimi said trying to introduce Hestia. "Anyways... We're actually on our way to do a quest. Would you like to join us?"

@Hestia

I watch as a duo of players walk out of the shop as i nod my head recognizing them both at first sight. Hey Kimi, hey Kaya how are you two doing? I ask politely with a smile on my face towards the two familiar players. One that is a guild member, and the other who i met when helping her out with Long Live the Queen quest. Also i'm down here Kimi doing my usual patrol of the floors. I make it my business helping out any new players with quests like your friend Kaya can attest to. I say with a smile on my face while having my hands within my coat's pockets. My familiar laying by my feet as he looks up at the conversation occurring. Also yeah i would be happy to help you two out with the second lesson quest, or the third one depending on which reason you were leaving Lyle's shop. I say to the two of you as i already decide within my mind that i won't ever equip my gear during this quest since it won't be needed at all.

@Kimi@Kaya

"Oh! I knew you looked familiar!" Kaya exclaimed as she finally recognizes the noirette. She had joined her for a field boss killing quest once. She was a powerful tank last she had seen her. Who knows how much stronger she's gotten since then. "H-hey Hestia! So what are you doing here?" She question which was quickly answered as Kimi had asked the same question. After explaining herself, Kimi offered Hestia if she wanted to join them. "Well any help's always nice." Kaya grinned at the though of getting help from a high level once more. That said, she mentions that she doesn't need her weapons. "You sure you don't want to use a weapon? We have to kill little boar pups to get their tusks." Kaya questioned her once more as Kaya began to look over her inventory making sure everything was ready. "Anyways let's go already, yeah? The sooner we finish this the sooner we can get to the next quest." Kaya began to skip towards the town exit not really knowing where to go. A grin plastered on her face, she was excited on what this day will bring. Hopefully it's not gonna be like the day before where Kimi and her struggled to look for materials.

@Kimi @Hestia

Kimi was happy that they could get another person on their quest. The trio made their way towards the town exit following kaya. While that was happening Kimi was double checking her equipment to see if she needed to change anything before heading out. It was a fairly easy quest that they accepted so there really shouldn't be a reason for her to change her equipment. Being on the first floor it was expected that it would be a clear sunny day with very favorable weather. The cool breeze made its way down the cobblestone roads bringing with it an adventure for the trio to take on. Kimi checked on the details of the mission which were easy enough and began to brief Hestia. "Our quest requires us to go down to the forest just outside the Town of Beginnings to grab 3 boar pup tusks, but i'm pretty sure you knew that already." Kimi said scratching the back of her head.

@Hestia

I chuckle ever so slightly at Kaya's words of worry towards my weapon status as i just nod my head towards the girl. If i would equip any gear at all upon my person Kaya neither you nor Kimi would ever get a chance of hitting the enemies. They would kill themselves upon my armor's thorns before either of you could attack them, and i don't really plan to attack them. Just more so being a observer for you both to make sure that if somehow you would be killed i can prevent that. I say calmly to the girl, and also somewhat to kimi to explain my reason for accompanying the two upon such an easy quest. Since their is never a certainty of whether player killers could just be around the corner to attempt to kill you with some sort of outright attack or sneaky plans they could have. Also i did know that Kimi. I say with a small light hearted chuckle towards the girl as i walk alongside them towards the town exit alongside my familiar and the two of you. So how about you two? Did you both just meet each other or friends from the real world? I ask curiously.

@Kaya@Kimi

Kaya casually skipped along the paved road as the rest of the trio followed her. Eventually they reached the town's northern gates. As she stops, she stares off into the distance with determination. "Right, let's do this." She smashes her fist into her left hand then proceeds to take out her enormous scythe. As she turns around, she notices that the other two finally had reached her. "Ready?" She says as an eager grin is plastered on her face.

The trio didn't really take long to reach the forest's edge. On the way, they barely saw any mobs or even people. They kept along the paved path which eventually led them to the forest where they're suppose to look for the little pup boars. "Guess this is it. Hmmm.. I wonder where they could be." Kaya says as she casually searches the edge of the forest. She really couldn't find any tracks or anything, so they'll eventually have to go in deeper. That said, Kaya looks up and realizes the the group never formally made a party. She quickly swipes her fingers in the air and send both players an invite. "Hey Hestia, will you be joining the party? Although if you do, loot mobs are gonna be pretty high of a level."

@Kimi

As they reached the forest Kimi thought now would be a great time to go searching for materials since she has been lacking them. "Being a active performer really eats up at your materials especially since shes aiming to be the best one around." Kimi thought to herself as she looked through her inventory. The forest was as it always was and probably will be. Very dense green and showed plenty signs of life, or rather artificial life. Regardless it was something to behold because it stretched out for a long time. Kimi followed suit and looked around the outer rim of the forest to find a boar pup. After some time she really couldn't find any, but she just so happened to get a material from that. "Well at least my time spent searching for the pups wasn't a complete waste." Kimi thought to herself as she stood around with her hands resting behind her head.

ID# 93739 results:

Loot: 13 + 2 (house buff) = 15

Found: 1 T1 Material

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi

I see the party invite get sent as i accept it without even thinking about it since the liklihood of a loot mob is rather low from what i can remember. 'However, their is always the chance the game could've released a mini patch of sorts to allow mobs to match loot minimums for quests though. That would be rather dangerous if that ended up being the case then for certain i'd have to be serious and get actively involved to make sure the two can make it out of here.' I think to myself as i quickly open up my inventory and equips all of my heavy armor, and then my shield and sword. With my sword being within its scabbard at my waist. Equipping my actual gear just encase their is a moment for when a loot mob could show up to try and match my level instead of these two players level. I just walk calmly through the forest with the two players as i personally just enjoy the view of the nature that is all around.

To her surprise, Hestia actually joined the party. Now if the group wanted to find any loot worthy mobs, they're gonna be extra tough, but that wasn't gonna stop Kaya. The rougette has seen Hestia in action. She's an amazing tank who knows how to control aggro so the trio should be perfectly fine. That said. The two noobies searching the outskirts couldn't find any traces of little boar pups.

Smashing her right hand into the palm of her left, she looks to the others. "Right, let's go deeper in. There should definitely be boars there." Her eyes filled with a fiery determination, she began trudging through the thick dense forest. It was almost impossible to see ahead at first, but with a few swings of their weapons, they began to make pathway through the thicket.

It didn't take long. A few minutes of pushing through the brushes, Kaya eventually finds a group of 4 little boar pups. With any hesitation, she began charging at the group. With one quick swing, she grabs hold of one of the pups with her scythe and ragdolls it towards the other three. Fortunately for one, it managed to dodge Kaya's onslaught. "Damn, missed one." Kaya says as she stood at the center of the chaos. A multitude of crystals surrounded her before disappearing into the air. It was almost like it was straight out of an anime.

ID# 93761 results: Battle: 1 Craft: 1 Loot: 1 MOB: 8
«Boar Pup» | HP 5/5 | DMG 3 MISSED

ID# 93762 results: Battle: 8 (5+3) Craft: 5 Loot: 19 (17+2) MOB: 5
«Boar Pup» | HP -11/5 | DMG 3 DEAD

ID# 93763 results: Battle: 6 (3+3) Craft: 5 Loot: 16 (14+2) MOB: 6
«Boar Pup» | HP -11/5 | DMG 3 DEAD

ID# 93764 results: Battle: 7 (4+3) Craft: 12 Loot: 19 (17+2) MOB: 7
«Boar Pup» | HP -11/5 | DMG 3 DEAD

[H: 1] «Kaya» | Level 8 | HP 160/160 | E 12/16 | DMG 8 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | MIT 9 | LD 2 {«Smash» | DMG 8 x SA 2 (AoE) = DMG 16 AoE}
[H: 0] @Hestia
[H: 0] @Kimi

- Loot -
3 Boar Pup Tusks

Edited by Kaya

OOC: how did you roll 3 "1" ?

Kaya made her way deeper into the forest in search of the Boar Pups that the trio had to be on the hunt for. As Kimi followed Kaya contently while she lead for a bit. She spotted 4 boar pups gathered together and went in to attack without any hesitation. Kimi didn't expect any less from what Kaya pulled off tossing the Boar Pups around like rag-dolls. Kimi saw as the 4 fell without an effort only leaving 1 Boar pup left. It was shocked at what just happened watching its siblings die and vanish right before its eyes. Though that was what was going on in Kimis mind. Kimi followed up getting a nice running start and giving the last remaining Boar Pup a good punch. To no surprise Kimi landed the hit and turned the boar into pixels before it disappeared. 

ID# 93766 results:

Battle: 7 + 3 = 10

Loot: 17 + 2 = 19

| Kimi | Level 9 | 180/180 HP | 17/18 E | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

«Boar Pup» | HP -3/5 | DMG 3 DEAD

(1)Boar pup Tusks

@Hestia

Edited by Kimi

I calmly walk beside the two girls wearing my full equipment gear encase any unsuspecting loot mobs could come near the three of them. Walking calmly behind kaya, and in front of kimi as the girl Kaya cuts open a path with a rather impressive looking scythe. 'Interesting choice of weapon. I don't think i've ever seen anything like that used before. Makes me curious just how flexible this game is within its coding for weapons to allow a scythe type of weapon.' I think to myself as i watch Kaya make a way through the forest until the sight of four little boar pups are seen. I immediately back away from the little things and watches from a distance near the edge of the clearing, and quickly sees most of them die within a single strike from the girl Kaya. 'Good use of an AOE rather quick and efficient manner of clearing this quest. However, she still seems to be the punch first ask questions later type of girl. She needs to learn a little bit more patience.' I think to myself as i then watch kimi go in and destroys the last boar with ease.

After the last boar is destroyed i walk on over to the two girls with a nod of my head. So, did either of you get any boar tusks from that? I ask the two wondering what he verdict is for that.

OOC: Tag me next time @Hestia x.x

Kaya watched as Kimi manages to finish the remaining little boar pup. "Nice follow up!" Kaya says to Kimi as she raised her hand to give her a quick high five. After their little celebration, Hestia comments about the boar pup tusks that we needed. "Yeah I got all the 3 I need. How about you Kimi? Got anything with that one?" Kaya looked to Kimi hoping that she did manage to get one.

As the group settled for a bit, Kaya hears a rumble just behind her. As she slowly turned her head, time seemed to move extremely slow. It was at that moment, she messed up. She completely forgot about the mama boar. As she fully turns around, she's welcomed with a large furious boar, intensely glaring at the rougette. There was no running away from this. Thankfully, Hestia was here to help.... hopefully. "Uhh... Hestia? Little help?" Kaya says she readies her weapon, staring down the beast. 3 more little pups also came along with the mother boar.

«Mother Boar» | HP 300/300 | DMG 90
«Boar Pup» | HP 5/5 | DMG 3

@Kimi

"Yeah i got 1 tusk from the surviving boar pup." Kimi said as she was grouping up again. "I only need 2 more and we can head out, unless of course Hestia has to take 3 boar pup tusks with us. Then we'd have to stay here longer." As Kimi said this Kaya took noticed a large furious boar behind the trio and called for Hestia to help. Kimi knew how the monsters work in this death game after a bit of trial and error. She knew that if she we're to attack now, she'd probably get "Rekt" because the damage of the mother boar is way higher than expected and she cant handle it. "I need your help on this one." Kimi said as she glanced back at Hestia. Kimi felt generally afraid of taking on the attention of the mother boar because a if either one of the trio messes up attacking. She knew she would die on the second hit.

@Hestia

I just stare at this in slight shock of all things. A mother boar of all things had to spawn at this exact moment. I just breathe a sigh of relief at he fact i decided to put on my armor when i went into this before. Because otherwise that would mean these two would be a goner. I nod to my familiar with a serious look as i quickly run forward and bands my sword hard against my shield to get the enemies attention as i activate Howl. Hey look over here you boars. That's right look at the target! I say quickly thinking on my feet, and after saying that quickly starting to move around them in a arc motion to have their sole focus on me, and not even looking at you two. Kaya attack the mother boar!  Kimi attack the baby boars first to try and get what you need for the second lesson quest! Anything else needs to be focused separately! I call over to the two girls giving the game plan as quick as i can to try and be efficient and safe.

[H: 12] hestia: 600/600  ENG: 50/60  -10 ENG do to Howl.   (35+54) 89 MIT l  2x paralyze l 1x regen  l 1x recovery l (other stats look at sig)

[H:0]  @Kaya

«Mother Boar» | HP 300/300 | DMG 90

Everything moved slowly for Kaya. She noticed all the small movements of the beasts along with the movements of her party. Hestia quickly rushed forward without hesitation grabbing the attention of the creatures. Lucky for the duo, Hestia is a knowledgeable tank who knew how to control the situation. She quickly gave the duo the orders on how to go about things. With questioning them, Kaya nodded her head as she began to rush the raging mother boar.

It didn't take long for Kaya to be instantly in front of the mother boar. Her eyes glared with intensity as she swung her enormous scythe upwards cutting through the frontal body of the beast, then quickly following it up with a slice down back towards the beast from the head down. It wasn't enough to completely obliterate the creature, but it did enough damage.

Furious, the raging beast began rampaging throughout the area. It quickly eyed Hestia and began charging at her along with her little pups. they all struck her with intensity, but it barely fazed the tank's impenetrable armor. As they ran past the tank, two of the boar pups broke into a multitude of pixels instantly while the mother walks away from scratches on it side. Struck in awe, Kaya looked to Hestia as she wondered just where that damage came from. Was she cheating? Doubtful, but you can never know in this death game.

ID# 93834 results: Battle: 10 Craft: 4 Loot: 2 MOB: 7
[H: 12] Hestia: 600/600  ENG: 50/60  -10 ENG do to Howl.   (35+54) 89 MIT l  2x paralyze l 1x regen  l 1x recovery l (other stats look at sig) -4 Damage
[H: 1] «Kaya» | Level 8 | HP 160/160 | E 10/16 | DMG 8 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | MIT 9 | LD 2 {«Ultimate Breaker» | (DMG 8 + Crit 2) x SA 3 = DMG 30}
[H: 0] @Kimi

«Mother Boar» | HP 242/300 | DMG 90 -30 DMG, -28 Thorn DMG

ID# 93836 results: MOB: 10
«Boar Pup» | HP 5/5 | DMG 3

ID# 93837 results: Loot: 2 MOB: 6 
«Boar Pup» | HP -23/5 | DMG 3  -28 Thorn DMG DEAD

ID# 93838 results:  Loot: 6 MOB: 8
«Boar Pup» | HP -23/5 | DMG 3  -28 Thorn DMG DEAD

Edited by Kaya

Kimi watched as the mother boar and its children attack Hestia, only to have two of the pups die at their own hands. This left the mother boar in a furious rage as only one of its pups were left alive and most possibly scared to attempt another attack onto Hestia. As the boar mother was busy with Hestia. Kaya also retaliated and stuck the boar only to leave a decent cut, but nothing severe enough to make the mother boar turn its attention. As this was going on Kimi went in to try dealing damage with her "Crescent Moon" sword art. She dashed to the mother boar and pup who hid near here. Sweeping her leg hitting both the Boar mother and its last pup, Kimi slain the pup, but only aggravated the Boar mother more. As she landed it, Kimi managed to recover the tusk of the boar pup before backing off a safe distance.

[H: 12] Hestia: 600/600  ENG: 50/60  -10 ENG do to Howl.   (35+54) 89 MIT l  2x paralyze l 1x regen  l 1x recovery l (other stats look at sig)
[H: 1] «Kaya» | Level 8 | HP 160/160 | E 10/16 | DMG 8 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | MIT 9 | LD 2 {«Ultimate Breaker» | DMG 8 x SA 3 = DMG 24}
[H: 2] | Kimi | Level 9 | 180/180 HP | 12/18 E | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

«Mother Boar» | HP 224/300 | DMG 90 -24

ID# 93841 results:

BD: 7 (+3) = 10 BD

«Boar Pup» | HP 5/5 | DMG 3 -24

ID# 93840

BD: 8 (+3) = 10 BD

LD: 10 (+2)

@Hestia

Quest Loot

(2) Boar pup tusks

Edited by Kimi

I watch as the boars get reduced down to just the mother within moments as i nod my head towards the two girls with a smile on my face. Good job you two, and sorry about accidently killing most of them Kimi. Wasn't expecting them to be so accurate when they are usually more...well you know dumb animals. I say gesturing to the boar mother that is left standing their. Okay lets focus down the mother with the same plan. Kimi taking down any boar pups that the mother calls in for support. I say as i quickly runs towards the mother activating my sword art hoping for the lucky RNG of my weaponry.

#93842  BD: 5+1=6   Bear Knock: 12 DMG   CD: 11 (+2 recovery)  (+1 natural)  -4+3=-1 ENG

[H: 13] Hestia: 600/600  ENG: 49/60    (35+54) 89 MIT l  2x paralyze l 1x regen  l 1x recovery l (other stats look at sig)
[H: 1] @Kaya | Level 8 | HP 160/160 | E 10/16 | DMG 8 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | MIT 9 | LD 2
[H: 2] | Kimi | Level 9 | 180/180 HP | 12/18 E | 8 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 0 | MIT 18 |

«Mother Boar» | HP 212/300 | DMG 90