[PP-F3] Ensnaring the Innocent -Hestia and Domarus-

Domarus had many eyes and ears out there, and thanks to them he had been alerted that Hestia had joined another guild.  The Dragon Alliance.  This had infuriated him but there wasn't much to do about it.  All he could do was increase his guild's size, strength, level, and popularity.  He needed active players to make this happen however, which was why he was so furious with his current Generals.  He should just have them killed off and look again.  Still, they were talented.  He shouldn't waste them.  He slammed his naked fist into a tree as he passed, shaking the entire schematic.  The immortal object symbol popped up but he didn't care.  He just kept walking.  Rhozarth would have alerted him if there was anyone nearby and so far there were none.  They were completely alone for the moment.  Domarus wasn't wearing any armor, but rather his black shirt and pants.  His armor and weapons were of course in his inventory, and while there was the concern of having to pull it out if he was attacked and that action taking time, Rhozarth was very powerful and skilled in his own way, and could very easily keep his opponent at bay long enough to draw his weapon.  Domarus' eyes burned with a hateful fury at the way things were going.  The only bright side was that Aito and Andrea were out looking for new recruits for the guild today.  At least they were active, low leveled as they were.  Domarus growled with frustration as he ran his hands through his flame like hair before letting out a solid breath of hot air.  He didn't yell as even if there may not be someone close by, there could be people within screaming range.  And he didn't want to draw attention.  He didn't even let Keres come along for the ride.  He was frustrated and was heading to a quiet area.  Or at least a place where his screams wouldn't be heard as npc screaming would drown his out.  However he hadn't reached that forest yet...  Not yet..

@Hestia

I calmly walk through the plains of floor seventeen this time totally by myself as i am equipped with better gear once more as i nod my head with a grin on my face. Excited to try and face more of these myths that could be fought within this realm. I look over the fields with my blue colored eyes scanning the nice city of Athens with a happy smile on my face loving how everything seems so perfectly done to scale in the sense things are built how they should be. I look at the NPCs walking about and living their lives as i head towards the cities exit alongside my familiar Kuro as i gaze at the town as i decide to head towards the location where Athena had created the olive tree, and Poseidon had created the salt spring and horse. Rather curious if the game actually encoded those things to keep the wonderful blend of mix and history. I smile happily passing by the NPCs wearing clothes befitting of their time in history of this floor as i am wearing my armor and gear already. With the exception of the shield since it would get rather tiring to carry such a heavy thing on my lonesome. My sword already sheathed within the scabbard at my hip.

As i make my way towards the Acropolis where the scuffle for control over this area was done by Poseidon, and Athena i notice some NPCs looking over towards my way. More so specifically at my familiar Kuro with some suspicious looks. I sigh a bit sadly at that, bu can't really blame them since Kuro just fits oh so perfectly within the eyes of a greek monster of myth. Which would cause these people to be rather on edge of his very appearance. However, thankfully they don't seem to be acting upon these fears to try and harm my little familiar which i am fairly glad they aren't doing so. Since that would be a fairly quick one way exit out of the city that is named Athenaia do to guards most likely throwing me out for disturbing the peace, or something to that effect. My familiar Kuro on the other hand doesn't seem to be minding the looks people are giving him as he just simply travels at a slow relaxed pace towards the temple alongside me. The lion with fur as pure white as the snow, and wings as black as the night seeming to enjoy the looks he is getting. Which makes me curious if he knows it's ones of worry, or if he thinks they are looks of admiration for his appearance. It's really hard to understand the mind of a animal for certain.

I look at the Acropolis with a smile seeing it upon the highest hill of this city as i get very excited wondering what everything will look like. Having never visited a country outside of America, so this is rather exciting in its own right. Then their is also the fact that this is a famous city from greek myth that combines such aspects that just makes this travel all the more amazing. I grin happily as i continue waking past the wonderful buildings made of marble as i just nod my head as it makes the city have this sort of pure look to it. That this city is somehow untainted from all that surround it. Which is a fairly easy task when knowing that Spartans are on the other side of the floor. Warriors meant to be respected from certain, but sadly the best i know of them is just from modern interpretations of them which are most likely not the best representations of them, or their culture. I walk through the cobbled streets as i start to walk up the steps that leads towards the temple getting rather excited wondering what it is like to stand in front of that building in person!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay you got this you're a big brave warrior just like your big sis. Just remain calm and walk through the motions. one, two, one two. Just stay calm okay you got this. A soft voice says as she walks through the forest slowly. Black hair moving slightly side to side with every step as the girl walks through the forest cautiously checking every little area to try and spot the person she is looking for, and to make sure she doesn't run into one of those mean wolves. She winces slightly remembering the creatures of this world and how they attacked her, and how she had to hit them till they disappeared to make them stop. Little whimpers of sadness escaping her lips as she thinks of that having not wanted to fight them at all. She just wanted to pet them, but instead she had to destroy them. 'Why is this world so mean?' She thinks to herself softly as she continues walking through the forest looking around with her green colored eyes having the hood of her cloak upwards to hide her face which is a rather easy thing to do for a five foot three inches tall girl. To hide from sight would be a rather easy task of all things.

She continues making her way through the forest rubbing her hands together rather nervously as she looks down and grips her hands tight and taking a calming breathe to calm her nerves down. Okay Raven you can do this. You can be justice just like all those superheroes and like big sis! She says with confidence and determination as she raises a fist into the air to get herself pumped up and excited for the events to come. However, that quickly gets put done as she quickly dodges the way out of a snarling wolf that was aiming to bite her in half while she wasn't looking. Hey don't you know not to attack a hero as they are posing! bad wolfy! She says and shakes her head as she looks at the creature and tries to get some will to fight, but just can't find any. The creature looking to life like as she chooses the only other option she could have at this moment and starts to try and flee to safety. Quickly she rushes towards the wolf and then jumps over it front flipping forward while doing so to avoid a bite at her ankles then quickly jumping forward as she lands grinning ever so slightly. Glad that pain doesn't seem to work anymore which allows for such dumb stunts like this. 'This is rather fun it's like being a hero. Even if it really only means running from these mean animals.' She thinks to herself as she then quickly starts sprinting away from the creature as she can hear the snarls and howls right behind her. The sound of the paws of the wolf chasing after her. snapping branches and crumbling leaves being heard as it chases her. As the girl is running the wind is not really bothering her eyes as she is wearing goggles to protect her eyes and to give her a little boost do to the enhancements upon them.

She quickly weaves in and out between trees, and sometimes kicking off of them to jump over the wolf as her instincts are slowly coming into play as she is getting tired of running. Thinking that their isn't any other way of getting rid of this mean doggy that is trying to attack her. With such thoughts she kicks off a tree and quickly lands on the ground and back flips away from the wolf giving it a quick hard kick to the face as she is backing away looking at the creature. She sees the wolf slowly get back up and howls into the sky before coming after her. She grins seeing the attack coming and dodges out of the way and hits the lupine creature with a hard right punch that sends it into the tree. However, that wasn't enough to destroy it as it slowly gets right back up glaring at the girl as it snarls as more snapping twigs are heard as three more wolves appear. Seeing this she panics for a moment and tries to dodge an attack from one of the new wolves but gets bit down onto her shoulder. Quickly thinking she punches it in the face and throws it near the others then quickly chases after the wolf and activates one of those sword things she has heard about. Without even thinking she hits all of the wolves with a powerful sweeping kick as they all burst into pixels.

With the fight over once more she falls to her knees breathing hard as she looks towards the ground at her hands. Feeling conflicted once more do to having to harm another of these creatures that seem to have some fascination with hurting her, and all the others in this game. 'Should i just give up on trying to be nice to these things? Is violence a true answer to all my problems in this world.?' She questions herself internally wondering why peace isn't an option for things to be accomplished. With a conflicted heart she slowly gets up off of the ground thinking back to the other fights. Boars, wolves, even the bird attack in this. If that is the case then i should just give up on being nice i guess. If the world won't be nice why should i be nice to it. She says after thinking through the facts of the new world she is in. Her tone being that of very innocent and naive since she believes what she is doing is right if this is how the world treats her.

@Domarus

Spoiler

5a61803746cd9_AoEDPS.thumb.jpg.b60f7f637f30b7dbe991e07431df47f9.jpg

Joan was sitting on a bench eating a little bit of a sandwich she had saved.  It was leftovers from the massive feast they had at Chaos' massive castle.  Chaos was a seemingly dark man, and rather violent.  However where he lacked in mercy and kindness, he made up for in self control, rationality, and intelligence.  He also knew when one of his men had gone too far.  She frowned when she thought of how Morzan spoke.  So haughty and prideful, so arrogant and so unafraid to show it.  The frown remained as she nibbled on a bit more of the delicious sandwich~.  The castle was also something she was displeased with.  She did not by any means like the massive structure.  You could have a house or guild hall that was impenetrable at any size, whether big or tiny like a cabin.  Castles were designed for protection, so when the system did that protection for you, the only reason for a castle was to show off...  Which displeased and annoyed her greatly.  However that was a matter of tastes, so no matter her discomfort in the matter she would not hold it against him.  She swallowed and hummed a bit as she savored Luz' leftovers.  She very much liked the girl as she was like Sarah in the sense of kindness.  Sure she was a glutton, but that was a minor sin, especially in this world where overeating did nothing to your health.  The girl was an amazing cook too!  Even the sandwiches tasted like they were from heaven~  She giggled at the thought before moving to take another bite of her sandwich.  Before she could bite however she felt hot and heavy breathing down her neck, and felt the bite only a fraction after that.  Her health went down barely any and she sat there silently for a moment.  Faster than the eye could blink, she had cut it's head clean off, ending the monster.  She seemed calm at first before she gave out a sigh of relief.  "Thank the heavens it was only a low leveled mob..."

She took another bite of her sandwich, nearing the end of her small meal.  She quite often cleared out many mobs with ease, and while she states that it was only because they weren't a high level otherwise she'd be dead, the reality is that she never sees it in the way of her being strong.  When others tell her how powerful she is she merely blushes and shrugs it off, stating she doesn't need compliments but she appreciates it.  Why would she need those compliments?  She had so many friends whose encouragement was continuous, and she didn't need to be strong.  She had allies who would be there for her whenever she needed them.  Fearx especially had been very kind and gracious.  Still...  She was unsure about this mission.  It was clear that Chaos and Fearx would do everything in their power to keep innocents from dying.  But if they were to truly involve a dark guild in this.  Even though said guild was supposed to be destroyed in the end, there were bound to be casualties.  She could only hope that the Celestial Ascendants were stronger than they seemed.  And hopefully this would truly be a benefit and help towards a better frontlines.  Perhaps soon she and the other virtues could aid the advancement too.

Spoiler

Fox.jpg.533bd49e0600570950ff2ff54f50c7d7.jpg

She finished her sandwich but left the corner piece uneaten.  She bent over and let her fox familiar nibble on it until it was finished.  She giggled as it licked her fingers before she rubbed it's head between the ears, the familiar nuzzling against her hand.  She smiled and stood up again.  "Come on Alia, we should get moving.  We're supposed to leave it for Grela not long from now."  Her fox familiar watched as she began to move along the path, her armor rattling a little bit and began to trot alongside her.  Not long after walking Joan had spotted a player along the road.  The girl was wearing armor similar to a tank, and had a curved sword on it.  Was she a dps player like her?  Or was she actually a tank?  The frontlines could use a tank, or so she heard.  At her pace she'd reach the girl momentarily so she wasn't afraid of losing her.  Soon enough she was almost beside the girl who had stopped to enjoy the view.  Joan stopped beside her and smiled as she looked at the city.  "It sure is beautiful is it not?"  She turned to Hestia, tilted her head and smiled.  "Hi there!  Nice to meet you~  My name is Joan of Arc, but you can call me Joan for short if you'd wish."  She bowed to the girl in her Samurai armor before pulling herself up again, showing the child like joy of meeting someone new.  "Are you heading to the top as well?  We may as well accompany one another if you are!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power.  That was the most important thing to have in this corrupted, unforgiving, and God forsaken world.  Without it you were crushed under the weight and force of those who did have the power.  That lesson he had learned very strongly from his father's lessons.  And he wouldn't put those lessons to waste.  He never thought about his father at all really, only his lessons.  While the lessons were very useful to him in showing him the truth of the world and what his true goals should be.  They had inevitably created an emotional wedge between the two of them, making his father into nothing more than a lesson in life and nothing more.  Some could say he used his father in the end, but in truth he didn't.  He simply could care less at all.  His mother on the other hand..  Well the potion showed him that he still had feelings for her.  Feelings in the sense that he wondered three things.  The first being whether life would have been any different with her in it.  The third was a wondering.  Wondering how she would feel about the man he'd become, and what she would do about it.  Would she be saddened or angry?  Or would she be proud?  Would she try to stop him?  Reveal him for the demonic hatred he truly was?  Or would she simply watch in sorrow or horror as he caught the world in his steel grip?  The third was a longing for her.  He wanted a mother for, in all his life, he hadn't had anyone who legitimately cared for him.  He knew nothing about her.  Now he had met one person who legitimately cared about him other than Keres.  And that person was Esther whom he had saved and moved out of the way.  She couldn't be used against him now.

Power could come in multiple ways.  In fantasy it usually came as abilities, superpowers, magic.  However even in the realms of fantasy these are not the strongest powers out there.  Reality held the more deadly ways of power.  One manner of power was connections.  The more you had connections with, the more you could hear, see and do.  It was like extending the reach of your arm with each individual.  If you could get connections with those in higher powers, then your reach could extend beyond the sight of man.  Politics were also a power of sorts.  By using politics, you could use and bend the law into your favor.  If you did it correctly, you'd be able to accomplish any and all goals while remaining within the confounds of the law.  Deception was also a powerful weapon, and went hand in hand with manipulation.  It's hard for those who care less about others to pretend they genuinely care, but if you could master it.  Then only the stubborn would doubt you.  The most powerful weapon of all however, was the tongue.  If you could master this weapon you were virtually invincible.  Persuading.  Intimidating.  Bartering and negotiating.  Reasoning.  Dissuading.  Confusing.  Distracting.  Controlling.  All of this was done by speech.  Words were a very powerful and dangerous weapon, and Domarus had mastered it.  He could get anyone to believe anything, do anything, and be anything he wanted.  Yet he still had to be careful to avoid suspicion.  Of course since he was in a video game there were additional forms of power.  Stats for one, and skills for the other.  Both were important in the sense that he had to be careful of what stats and skills he obtained.  He had a premonition that he'd be needing to change his tactics as far as stats and skills go.  Still, it could work in his favor in the end...

Updates seemed to be coming out more and more lately, and the last one had nearly ruined his fight with four mobs.  He was in the middle of a quest with Hidden when it happened.  Instead of the system guiding his weapon so that he hit all four enemies when he activated his AoE attack, the blade had missed two of them entirely.  That was when the update screen had popped up.  It also informed them that dungeons had changed, and the said changes made it so the dungeons were not at all useful for Hidden or Domarus.  This had irritated them both since they had intended on going into one of these dungeons before the update came and ruined everything.  Additionally, crafting had been updated, and the plus CD enhancement removed entirely.  This had sent Domarus into a rage in his shop as literally all his work was doubled.  Back then he was able to make one perfect almost every time.  Now he required multiple attempts and days to get even one.  Kayaba was either an idiot or was purposefully screwing with them all.  Regardless Domarus had been making due, and held onto the hope that they would be receiving a new, and far, far better update soon enough.  In the meantime he still had to catch up.  Regardless of what changes came or what happened, Domarus needed to focus on getting stronger.  Stronger than anyone, especially the front liners.  He wanted to one day make Calrex look like a doll a girl could play with.  That day however, was far from being met.  Especially with all his time spent with weaklings like Aito, Andrea, and even players like Hestia...  Though she was rapidly gaining strength every day.

Suddenly he heard movement at the same time Rhozarth had.  They both turned their attention towards the direction they heard it from and Rhozarth flew up to scout the area.  The dragon's reply to Domarus told him that someone else was in trouble.  Well the precise message was 'opportunity' but Domarus had taken that word and the sounds of entities running as a sign that someone needed assistance.  He wanted to be alone but he realized that he needed more players in his guild.  Other than Aito and Andrea he didn't have any active players.  Even Embers wasn't too active nowadays.  He growled and equipped his weapon, but not his armor, and cleaved a tree in half before moving to cut them off.  Rhozarth glided above him as he kept an eye on the events going on.  Domarus walked with heavy steps as his flaming eyes scoured the area for any mobs he could hack while on the way.  He couldn't stand weak players so this had better not be a waist of his time.  When they arrived he saw the shattered crystals and the girl who had killed them.  Well she could handle her own to an extent but she was clearly almost out of energy.  He saw another three wolves charge her from behind but as they leaped in the air he struck them all down with a single blow of his massive ax.  He swung with one hand watching with calmed eyes as they shattered before sheathing his weapon, standing there with nothing but a t shirt and pants as prior before.  Rhozarth flew down and landed on his shoulder, sitting there very proudly and very strong.

"Are you alright miss?"

@Hestia

I smile as i just enjoy the view from where i am on at the hill. I turn around and looks down over the city as i just marvel at being able to see the town of Athean from a rather good vantage point. Just buildings seemingly stretching on for miles on end till it cuts off into the wilderness where mobs are located. I grin a little bit having heard whispers of some kind of lion on this floor that gets me rather excited. Knowing that if their are whispers then their are quests to complete also. I tap my chin trying to think of the different types of lions through the greek myth, but the only significant one that comes to mind is the nemean lion. The only other thing that could come close to that would be the Chimera, but that is more just a being with the animal parts of many different creatures. A more interesting important for certain, but it is highly doubtful many would call that just a lion of some sort when a better term is like monster or just straight up demon if they don't wish to allow themselves to be open to the possibility of it just being a rare beast. The fear of people making them label anything that is not to their understanding as some sort of supernatural entities such as demons, ghosts, monsters from the darkness. They go by many names but it all circles around back to the same. Just something that people don't understand so they fear it and give it a appropriate title as such.

I look over towards my familiar as he is just taking a moment to lay in the grass of the rather nice scenery as i smile and nods my head not minding that idea in the slightest either as i walk on over to my familiar and sits down beside him and just pets his head gently as i relax. I glance on over towards the time it is, and notices it is about time for a lunch of some kind. 'Huh time really flies by when you're doing something you enjoy i guess.' I think to myself as a chuckle ever so slightly as i glance up towards the temple on the top of this hill and nods my head after judging the amount of time it could take to get towards the top of it. 'Okay yeah i can definitely make it up their within a good enough time then bring out something to eat, and just enjoy it up their.' I think to myself with a rather happy smile as i then slowly get up from off the ground and patting my armor as if dust could've gotten onto it from having sat down. Just following through on habitual action that was from the real world that hasn't died yet. Something that i could imagine is fairly common since this word looks scarily similar to the real one, so it is just as easy to be fooled into believing the actions you do or following actions done in the real one.

Suddenly i hear the sounds of the footsteps as i turn my head and sees a rather young looking girl in armor, and having four swords on her as i just nod my head at that. Sadly already knowing that children are trapped within this game along with the rest of us who had bought it. Just a very saddening reality of the matter that even the young are being exposed to this reality where death is all around them, but even then it is rather interesting that for the most part the two counting this one seems to be doing just fine and staying positive. An interesting fact for certain, and one that could certainly be looked into to figure out how they can stay so positive when others have become cynical, murderers, or just cold to the entire world. Yeah the city is beautiful makes me wish this could be the real world so i may buy a home here. I say with a smile as i do look back out into the marble city as it seems to shine from the sun's rays. The name is Hestia it's nice to meet you Joan. I say kindly with a smile as my familiar gets up off the ground and walks on over to me and stares down this girl trying to see if she is worth trusting. The lion familiar just sticking very closely to me while watching the girls hands noticing the weapons are out, and could be used to attack his owner. However, i just pat him on the head with a smile to show him that it is fine for now. He just gives me a look and doesn't budge on his behavior. Sorry about Kuro he can be a bit protective at times. I say apologetically encase Kuro's behavior is upsetting her. And yeah i am heading up towards the top, and i would love the company. I say very cheerfully as i gesture for us to go to the top as i turn around and begins making my way up their alongside the girl with Kuro putting himself between me and her ignoring the little fox familiar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven breathes heavily still out of breathe before suddenly hearing the sound of twigs snapping once more as she quickly turns to try and see what is coming at her. Instead of seeing what it is she quickly backs away form a axe that would've never hit her, but she was still frightened from the sight of it swinging. She lands on the ground on her butt and looks up towards the player that saved her. She quickly adjusts her goggle so they would be over her eyes as she gets up off the ground and looks at the player that defeated those mobs with just a basic attack. Umm..hello mister my name is Ra- i mean Crow who are you? She asks curiously feeling rather nervous and uneasy having never met such a strong player, but even then she feels like it shouldn't be all that bad if he saved her right? i mean good guys are the only ones who save while the bad guys only do harm right? With such thoughts she just seemingly nods her head at nothing and looks up at the man as she moves her goggles so they would rest on the top of her head showing off her green colored eyes to the individual, and lowers her head to show her black hair. So what are you doing out here you seem waaay to strong to be down here? She asks curiously, and then blushes realizing she forgot rather basic manners as she quickly adds after that. Umm..also thank you for saving me. She says to you with a bow of her head wishing to be polite, and more importantly to her give thanks for possibly saving her life. Her right hand clenching a little bit to direct her worry of such thoughts. Ones where she could die before she had gotten to meet back up with her sister Ember.

She looks over towards the dragon with just pure curiosity and tires to move closer to see what it is like. Is that a dragon mister? How did you get one of these things to be with you? She asks curiously wondering how one could tame the mean creatures of this world to spend time with herself, so she wouldn't have to be totally lonely within this world. Wanting a companion oh so badly, so it wasn't always lonely nights without anyone that seemingly cares for her. Not being used to that at all which makes this experience even all the more terrifying for herself. The girl known as Crow just a few inches away from you having wanted to move closer to examine the little dragon that is on your shoulder, and easily being way to short to reach your height to see it closely even then. Just being a rather short girl with a height of 5ft 3inches.

Joan waited for a response, and from the way the girl looked and reacted to her presence, she had indeed heard Joan approaching from behind.  She didn't doubt the idea, in fact it made perfect sense.  Her armor was heavy rather than light.  Despite her being very young, she wasn't afraid to be hit.  She didn't play as a tank of course, she focused on playing as an AoE focused dps player.  That's why she had the katana as her focused weapon, as it's strongest suit was aoe attacks.  She had a weapon for everything.  A weapon with bleed.  One with paralysis.  She even had a vanity weapon for if she was fighting lower leveled players, or if she didn't want to kill her target.  Which was usually the case for when fighting other players.  Her most powerful weapon however was a special katana she got off from an event boss she and the other seven sins had encountered.  The weapon had two accuracy enhancements, and one absolute accuracy enhancement.  The unique enhancement not only acted as normal point of accuracy, but also prevented her from missing no matter what.  Therefore, as long as her opponent did not have any evasion on them, she would never miss.  It was something that would indeed help her stay on her target.  And keep from missing any when she made her wide swings towards multiple targets.

There was one time when she had been attacked by multiple player killers, and by the insignia by their health bars, they were from laughing coffin.  The experience was an interesting one to say the least.  She was scared but she was also focused, which was something most player killers counted on for victory.  The surprise of being attacked.  The fear from the threat of death.  They don't count on their opponent to have a backbone and fight back almost instantly.  She had quickly cut down two of them.  One of them was afraid of failure wanting to retreat.  The fourth was enjoying a good fight.  In the end, she had nearly killed them all, only the strongest surviving.  Despite his will to win and to kill her, he wasn't foolish.  He retreated promising that they'd meet again.  Unfortunately for him, she had many strong allies now.  More than before if their alliance with the..  Sins was permanent.  Of course they would be a bit distracted due to their mission with the ascendants, and thus it was more easy to surprise attack her.  Then again, she wasn't really expecting it last time.  And even then she was always prepared for an attack.  She was a realist, not paranoid.

She listened as the player replied to her comment about this world being beautiful, and nodded cheerfully at the mention of it being very realistic.  "Yup~  Everyone else seems to think video games are more pretty, but I can't imagine anything more pretty than the real world.  Why else do you think Video games try to increase graphics so consistently?"  Then when Joan heard the player mention how she may get a house on this floor, she couldn't help but giggle.  "Oh?  I'm guessing you like Greek culture a lot then huh?"  She took Hestia's hand and shook it firmly with a smile.  "Nice to meet you Hestia!  I guess you do love Greek culture after all,"  She gave a child like laugh before she turned her attention to the familiar and smiled.  Especially when Hestia apologized in it's favor, attempting to explain it's overprotective nature.  She shook her head in dismiss.  "No need to apologize miss!  He's only trying to protect you is he not?  He is very noble, and I would expect nothing less from a snowy gryphon."  She smiled and bowed to the familiar, her action telling him that she deemed him worthy enough to be treated as a full on knight from medieval times...  Both of them in fact.  She believed in the act of keeping herself on the same level as others or lower.  Numbers, skills, and gear did not matter to her.  

The fox kept itself behind Joan's legs and she giggled if Hestia or the familiar noticed it.  "That's Mark.  He's kinda the opposite of your familiar.  He's shy and rather nervous around combat..  Despite the fact that he's a fighter familiar."  When Hestia told Joan that she could come along, she nearly jumped in the air with joy, but had made a minor hop instead.  "Yay!  Thank you very much Miss Hestia!"  As they began to walk, Joan had the feeling that something was waiting for them in the brush along the path up the hill.  Because of this she'd be on her guard, but to everyone around her she'd seem cheery and worry free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girl's first reaction, as per usual, was terror.  Mainly due to the sight of a massive ax coming 'her way' even though it wasn't.  Still, the action she chose was evasive maneuvering rather than just cowering in fear...  Even if the maneuver was so basic he could easily destroy her without even thinking about it.  Sheer instinct would have ended her there and then if he weren't so controlled, or conscious of his choices.  He certainly didn't wish to become a red player.  And even if he had a run in with a red player who had the intention of killing him, he would still make another alternative other than killing them.  This was because he needed the monument of dead players and the cause of their deaths to be void, completely and utterly void of his name.  If he could do that then it kept anyone from hunting him down or investigating him.  That was the last thing he needed.  That was why he was looking into stock piling teleport crystals with a very particular destination:  The prison.  It wasn't foolproof of course, but it was protected enough where those who entered it would rarely see daylight again.  In truth red players were overrated.  The only strength they truly had was in numbers unless they went and picked off the weak.  That was why Laughing Coffin wasn't having much success as of late.  They were known among the lower floors for their mass murders, but until they killed someone powerful or well known they would make no success in the big leagues.  To Domarus PK guilds were nothing more than a joke.  A group of people who'd gone nuts in this digital realm.  Soon enough he expected them to slip up or piss someone off enough to the point where they would be stormed by all the strong players in Aincrad.  And Domarus would most likely be in their ranks despite him not being on the front lines.  He was almost level forty, eleven levels away from tier three.  He'd be looking forward to getting that tier and increasing his power by another multiplier...

While the girl had made a move to evade his hit, even though it wouldn't have hit her in the first place, she had no balance nor sense of it.  The result was her falling right down on her rear end, sitting on the ground like a toddler who tripped backwards, staring at what she would most likely guess was a giant.  She had adjusted the goggles she was wearing which made her look like a complete imbecile, before she got a hold of herself and stood up to meet him.  He was working to keep up the 'knight in shining armor', 'kind soul' appearance, but he was so tired with everything going on lately that some of his frustrations would show.  Mildly but enough to be noticeable.  The girl began to speak, trying to share him her name when she stopped at the first two letters:  R.a.  He wondered if he was going to have to go through every possible name to think of the more likely conclusion when she replaced it with the word Crow.  The closest possible word relatable to a crow, and sometimes mistaken for, was Raven.  R.a.  He made the connection rather easily, and although it may be incorrect, Domarus was pretty certain he was.  However he wouldn't reply this way.  Instead he raised an eyebrow and smiled.

"I'm sorry, was that first name Ray and last name Crow?  Or was it Racrow?"  It would be clear to the girl that he was merely joking and playing around, but it was also meant to show her the error she had made.  The girl moved to remove her goggles from her eyes, which Domarus was relieved with but didn't show that particular emotion, and noted that her eyes were green, and her hair black.  She then asked the obvious question:  What was a strong player like him doing down here?

"Well.  I have had a lot going on lately, much of it being bad luck.  I figured I'd take a break from all the hectic life and just walk around the lower floors for a while..  Also, my shop is on this floor, which is also where I tend to sleep.  Figured I may as well map out more of this floor since I'm currently living on it.  May move the shop to another floor soon though..."  Not long after he finished she blushed and quickly thanked him for saving her.  Inwardly he wanted nothing but to roll his eyes and walk away...  Well actually he wanted to put her in her place, but outwardly he just smiled warmly and nodded.

"No trouble at all Crow.  I'm not the kind of person to just sit by and watch as someone's about to die.  I would never allow such a thing."  Before he could say or do anything else her attention was redirected towards Rhozarth.  Rhozarth stared right back with his flaming eyes.  She moved closer and his eyes narrowed.  As if he was insulted that she would dare come near him directly.  Before she could come any further and before she could say anything else, Domarus held a hand up and kept her from moving any closer.

"Careful.  His name is Rhozarth, and you could say he's the incarnation of pride.  It took some effort to...  Tame..  Him, but even though I tamed him I can't promise your safety if you try to walk up and pet him or something."  The flames that coated the dragon seemed to grow a little bit just to prove the point.

"And anyone can get a familiar if they take the "Feeding the Enemy" quest."

@Hestia

Edited by Domarus

I chuckle a little bit nervously at hearing the graphics thing as i just nod my head knowing that i have absolutely no knowledge about such things from being a rather big gaming new player in general. Well i wouldn't really know about that Joan i only really picked up Sword Art do to needing a place to escape to from time to time for relaxation. I really don't have much else experience with games beside this one game. The only other time i played games was like thirteen, or twelve years ago, and then stopped. So, i wouldn't really know much about about the update of graphics and such for games. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders and a nervous chuckle from being unable to really contribute onto that point to much great extent of possibility. But yeah the real world is extremely beautiful much better then any game i have seen or played before this moment. I say to you as we start to make our way up the hill once more.

I do chuckle rather happily at hearing the childlike laugh from this really kind and innocent looking girl. It is rather surprising to see so many weapons, and even armor on such a person mainly do to the age more so then anything else. However, it seems to be the nature of this world to turn what one would expect to be a non fighter into one of the strongest to help protect what they view as important. When i see you bow i do smile at the sight as it is rather humbling for certain to see you care for a familiar of all things and its feelings that some would deem as not even rule or important in any regard at all.  Kuro on the other hand just seems to grin and relaxes right away as he walks on over towards the girl and gives her a gentle nudge of affection to show it is fine, and he appreciates the gesture immensely. The little familiar liking the idea that this girl knows that he is a proud warrior and can fight off foes with ease if given the chance. When kuro sees the little fox familiar he has the instinct to see what it is like, but is able to pick up from its body language that it is frightened so it respectfully backs away from the frightened little.

For myself though i do the same giving the little fox his space since he is a shy one, and if he wanted to interact with others it would go out and do so rather then remaining hidden from seeing such new people who are bigger then it. Hello Mark my name is Hestia. I hope that we can become friends. I say in a kind and gentle tone of voice as i get down onto one knee and looks at it from my peripheral vision not looking at it directly thinking that a fox could possibly function like a scared dog in how you are meant to approach it. never head on do to it seeming like a advancing predator most likely. That you are never to stare down at it since looming over it would make it seems small and scared, and that if you look at it from the side it might be more comfortable with coming forward to interact with the person that is their.

With that i smile as i begin walking up the hill once more as i turn my back towards the city for now till i reach the very top of this hill wondering what will be awaiting the two of us at the top. If their truly will be a olive tree,  and fountain where the two greek gods had but their mark on this city to try and win its favor. That fact alone being enough to have me make my home on this floor to see just how many true greek inspirations it takes from both from actual history, and that of the myths. Then their is the mobs itself that make the floor that much more interesting to know their are such a wide variety it could choose from and have spread out throughout the floor. I do wonder though why this girl just seems as curious as i am in what awaits the two of us at the top of the hill, and furthermore why her name is the exact same of Joan of Arc. Wondering if the two of them are related some how very distantly since well the other Joan was alive years and years back in the past. It's no problem at all Joan the more the merrier as they say you know? I say rather cheerfully and happily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The young girl just nods her head at the older, and clearly stronger player as she sees him tease her about her mess up and pouts slightly knowing it was obvious, but that doesn't mean it needs to be pointed out. As she listen she just smiles and nods her head. Ohhh you live here then mister well maybe you have seen my sister then. The young girl that goes by Crow says very cheerfully. She has black her like mine, and silver streaks through it because of wanting to dye it that way for some reason. The only she gave was because she thought it looked good or something. Also she has blue eyes, and i think she is around your age mister. She says innocently thinking that her big sister, and this man are around the same age just based on looks, and around the same height if she remembers correctly. Also how have you been having bad luck? I mean besides being trapped here of course. i mean how could their be any other bad luck then? She asks rather innocently, and curiously as she keeps her distance away from Rhozarth now at hearing he can be temperamental to some extent.

Oh also if you don't allow people to die does that mean you're a fighter of justice like me. She says with a grin wanting to believe her idea of justice is universal. One that means that it is always best for the general good of the public, and siding with the eyes of the law. After all her dad was a cop, so if her papa was a cop then that means he must've been doing the best thing possible. Big sis Ember even said so! She can only hope she grows up to be like her daddy and fight the mean people that try to ruin the peacefulness of this world through justice that she can administer. However, for now she will be stuck with fighting the meanies in this world she can do it! She will even beat up those mean laughing coffin people that are daring to threaten the safety of her home floors through the power of her fists!

As she looks to the small little Rhozarth feeling slightly sad that the little creature wont allow her to touch it at the very least to see what dragons are like. However, she does wonder why the creature would be so prideful when it is just a little program. Even then though she figures it makes sense to some extent since those fake people seem to have emotions and such, so it might be possible for things like the little dragon to be prideful also like how people can be. She then brightens into a very big grin. How can i start this feeding the enemy quest! She says rather excited already having a familiar in mind. Able to imagine a cute little Hydra with her traveling around and making cute little roars out at monsters and then shooting elements out to help boost her damage like how she heard mobs can do.

She then blinks and chuckles a little bit realizing that she never did one thing. I just realized, but what is your name? She asks innocently realizing she never asked such a rather important question when this person knows her username and possibly even her real name since she was dumb enough to accidentally say the start of her name. Which means this person might know her name which would be a bit weird if he ever said it when she doesn't know his own name. She pouts softly at that fact even though she knows it is her own fault and nobody elses. If somebody were to look at her stance even then they would be able to tell obviously that she was ready to dodge at a moment's notice if something were to come and attack her, but even if she seems ready to dodge it looks that their is no go to for attacking. Like all this poor girl seems to know is how to dodge attack, and not even attack properly. Frankly it seems like a miracle she could get this far without being picked off by something from the main settlement all the way over towards here.

Joan was rather giddy right now, but then Hestia had chuckled a little nervously.  Joan turned to look to Hestia and noticed her rather blank..  No, mildly embarrassed expression.  It took her a moment but Joan figured out why she looked that way and blushed with embarrassment.  She had assumed that everyone in this world knew the concepts of gaming.  She had forgotten that there were people who could very well be new to gaming, or struggle with understanding the concepts and terms in general.  While most people would be annoyed that Hestia wasn't able to get something as simple as graphics, Joan never saw the reason to insult others and bring them down.  Joan listened as Hestia explained exactly why she had chosen to play the game of SAO.  Funny.  Despite the differences between her and other gamers, they all chose to play for the same reason.  To escape the painful reality that they know.  To forget the pains and struggles with work.  To escape family and friends who are driving you crazy.  For Joan, it was to get away from her older brother who would never leave her alone and was rather cruel.  She usually played handheld games but when she had heard that subversive virtual reality had finally been released for the first time, she had to try it out.  In fact, she was so eager that she sold her other games to play it...  That was obviously a mistake.  Or was it?  Even though she was trapped in this deadly world, she had made many friends and didn't need to worry about her brother.  Maybe her brother would change due to his younger sister being trapped in a game where death was easy to run into.

Hestia continued, explaining to Joan how she had played a game once, but it was twelve to thirteen years ago...  Which meant that all that experience most likely had dripped down the drain.  Joan nodded after Hestia explained that she didn't know how good graphics were these days.  "I understand miss Hestia.  And I also apologize for assuming you have knowledge of the gaming world as most people.  That was a fault on my part..  Well as for graphics, it basically means "the use of computers linked to display screens to generate and manipulate visual images".  Think of it as digital art.  You know about the game minecraft?  Each block is made up of sixteen pixels.  The pixels make up the image of the block.  All games have pixels in them, but the reason you don't see them in games nowadays is because the pixels are so small that it blends in with the others.  As you can tell, graphics are getting to the point where games and real life could very well be the same.  It's incredible how much progress mankind makes in the technology area."  

After explaining she noticed the curious look that Hestia was giving her...  And recognized it very easily.  Due to her age people often underestimated her...  And thus were often shocked at her armor and weapons, or the way she spoke.  After Joan bowed Hestia seemed to be rather surprised yet pleased to see how considerate she was of familiars.  And honestly why not?  Familiars were adorable!  And they had their own personality, acted very cutely~...  What?  She was a little girl, of course she was going to love cute things.  When she had first found Mark she got so excited she forgot that it started off as a monster.  Despite it's shy nature, the creature had rushed at her snapping it's teeth.  She freaked out at first but when she learned that the monster was not going to be too dangerous too her, she decided to tame it by hugging it close and cuddling with it.  The creature continued to freak out until it soon calmed down enough to enjoy the action and cuddled with her.  She smiled as she thought about how fluffy her familiar felt and then sat down to feed it.  Now Mark was staring at the snowy winged familiar who was being protective of it's own master.  Was Mark gonna have to fight it?  Mark didn't like violence, but he cared for Joan too much to let her get attacked without doing something.  Suddenly Kuro had descended to the ground, causing Mark to double it's efforts to hide behind her legs.  Joan giggled when Kuro nudged her gently.  When Kuro backed up, Mark didn't move for a moment..  When he did it was only to peek out from behind her legs.  "Mark, this is Kuro.  He's not a danger to us and would like to travel together.  Are you ok with walking for a little bit with him?"  Mark looked a moment between her and the familiar.  After a good two minutes, the familiar finally took one cautious step out into the open before jumping back to see if there was any reaction.  If there was none, Mark would walk with them, but very close to Joan.

When Hestia addressed Mark he froze and stared at Hestia, his heartbeat increasing drastically.  He stared continuously but then relaxed when Joan had kneeled down and stroked him softly.  "It's ok Mark, she's very kind I can tell.  A very nice woman~"  Mark was still hesitant, but seemed to be a tiny bit less tense at this point.  They continued their walk up the hill and when Hestia mentioned how the more the merrier was a great phrase to use in this situation, she giggled.  "Yes, I suppose that's-"  Mark stopped, with Joan just a second behind.  "I see them too.  Can you chase them out Mark?"  Suddenly Mark had shot into the brush along the road, showing hidden courage only brought out through combat.  Joan had decided to draw her accuracy blade since she wanted to clear the way quickly.  She wanted a nice walk but as usually she would never get a break.  She drew the sword and took position, waiting for the enemy to appear.  Suddenly the ground exploded as four huge Minotaur had erupted from some large boulders they were hiding behind.  All of them at least twice the size of Hestia, each wielding massive hammers each.  Joan was wearing a very focused face now and activated charge, rushing into the group and releasing her strongest sword art, cutting through each of them at least three times per second before she appeared on the other end and turned to prepare for a counter offense.  What she found instead was shattered crystals.  She closed her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief and sheathed her blade.  "Luckily they didn't seem to be too high a level..  We should continue right?  I'm eager to see what the city looks like from that hight!~"  She giggled as she went to continue the walk with Hestia as if nothing happened.

Domarus watched as she reacted to his teasing by giving a little pout.  Domarus mentally laughed at the stupidly hilarious response but outwardly gave a smile to show he didn't mean anything by it.  That he was just trying to make a joke.  In truth he wanted to put this annoying brat in her place, like he did all people who acted childish or arrogant in his presence.  That time and day would come, but not yet.  Not for a while now.  He had to be patient or he may never see that day.  The girl smiled and mentioned how if he lived on this floor he may have seen her sister.  He had been over most of this floor but didn't know anyone who lived here besides him.  Why would she say that then, it didn't add up.  Before he could say anything she began to describe the girl in question but to him it meant nothing.  There were plenty of players he'd ran into with black hair and blue eyes.  Even the silver streak wasn't too much of a highlight.  And most players were around his age since most gamers were usually this age.  He gave a shrug when she had finished giving Domarus the rather vague description of her sister.  

"I can't say that I have miss.  I've met quite a few who fit that description though, or at least similar to it.  Many of whom are scattered across floors so she could be anywhere.  If you gave me a particular floor then I could probably know who you were talking about, but otherwise I'm afraid not."  Domarus would never know of whom she was talking about unfortunately.  He didn't realize that the girl didn't know where this person was, and that she was trying to find her sister.  To him it sounded like her sister lived on this floor which he was certain there was no one of that description who lived on this floor.  Then again he had not yet filled out his map entirely just yet so she could be here theoretically.  At any rate he wasn't going to remember anyone specific...  Or know that her sister was someone he already knew.  Then the girl asked him what he meant exactly when he said he had bad luck.  He allowed his smile to drop and let a little frustration show.  There was no reason he shouldn't, he made it clear he wasn't having the best day.  Such a reaction could and should be natural.  He sighed heavily before giving her a small list.

"I had started a guild but the players whom have accepted the invite and joined are very inactive as of late.  They aren't doing anything to help expand the guild in any way and some I haven't seen for quite some time now.  Not only that but despite my attempts to reach out, players don't seem to want to do anything with me, quest or otherwise.  I want to get to the frontlines to help but I can't do that unless I catch up in training.  In addition to all of this, my crafting has been wretched as of late thanks to the update.  Players are continuously waiting on my crafts and I can't make anything."  She began to ask him yet another question and Domarus had to refrain from rolling his eyes in severe annoyance.  If she was one of those people who asked a hundred questions then this was not going to be worth it whatsoever.  She mentioned how since he was the kind of person to help someone in need regardless of the position and reason, that he was a fighter of Justice like her.  It took effort not to laugh at the sheer idiocy of the idea that she was a fighter.  Her strategy had been to run from her opponents this entire time and she sought to bring justice?  He chuckled and shrugged.

"I've always seen myself as any decent person.  I want to help people get out, I want people to live.  I never saw myself as a fighter of Justice.  I guess I'll add that to the list of things I've been called."  Rhozarth seemed to not care at all that the girl was sad she couldn't touch him.  She should earn the right to approach him, not treat him like some pet dog to be coddled with.  He had pride and dignity.  Something she most certainly lacked in all regards.  When she asked him how and where to take the quest he suppressed a sigh of annoyance.  It never ended...

"You can take the quest on any floor.  Just talk to the tamer on the first floor and you can go anywhere to pick up a familiar.  Word of caution however:  To obtain a familiar, you must tame a monster.  If you fail the monster will certainly attack you.  And my name is Domarus.  A pleasure to meet you Crow."

@Hestia

I nod my head with a smile really appreciating the young girl giving detail of how the whole technology thing works for these games. Not being all that skilled within that area do to years of never trying to prefect it to any extent from focusing so much on real life studies of what my profession is going to be. Furthermore, even more lack of being able to practice any sort of gaming do to having to take care of my sister, and working a part time job to make sure everything is able to be payed for in full. Working to help my mother get through everything as best as possible without that much trouble since otherwise it could be difficult to not live on a sort of budget of some type. I smile ever so slightly and happily remembering my precious little sister as i wonder how she is dealing with a life without her big sister around to make sure she is staying safe at every single moment. I can only feel some worry and anxiety hoping the sudden transition wasn't sudden, and she hasn't done anything stupid since then like get a detention or in a fight somehow with the wrong crowds that can be within school.

Eventually my mind tunes me into the conversation once again as i hear the end of what you are saying as i can only just nod my head with a chuckle. yeah it is a bit weird how much humans are able to create more and more advanced stuff over the years, but can't even use common sense and empathy in equal parts to try and solve fights that break out between groups of people. The further from that not trying to work together all across the world to try and live in a peaceful and happy world, but instead they choose to war against each other bringing misery and creating a cycle of hatred and revenge. It is rather weird to think about how backwards humans can be in that sort of sense if you think about it. I say with a chuckle not even thinking that much just speaking what i believe forgetting the company i am in for a moment. Forgetting that i am speaking to a little girl who could possibly not yet know the horrors of the real world, and that i could've just potentially exposed her to everything dark and wrong with everything. But yeah i appreciate the lesson on graphics cause i would prefer not seeming like a complete new person in the video game genre then i probably already do. I say with a small little giggle as i focus back onto the path ahead of them watching everything go by.

I watch as the little fox familiar seems very scared and frightened by the both of them in terms of myself and my familiar. I can only wonder what made the little creature so frightened by new people, and strangely enough not the owner. I look towards the girl and remembers how kind and patient she had been as i just nod my head that making much more sense already. That the girl would be patient enough to handle bringing the fox out of its shy little shell that it has around new people. My familiar tries to approach the little fox curiously to see if it is willing to play or hang out at all. However, Kuro stops hearing the command towards the little fox and watches the fox along with me as it dashes towards the boulders as i watch as four minotaurs bust out ready to attack. Seeing the advancing enemy i quickly go to activate my howl skill, but sees the girl move and kills the minotaurs within a single attack for all of them. I just watch shocked seeing this innocent little girl kill these very powerful mobs with a single attack and without any hesitation. 'What the [Censored]" I think to myself in absolute shock as i can only wonder what level that girl is to have slayed everything with only a single moment.

I then just watch her continue walking on by towards the top of the hill as i can only follow after her to try and keep up with what she is doing. I look over her outfit in a new light then before. Not seeing a little girl that is trying to look strong, and possibly is strong. But a strong warrior ready to fight for her life, and had more bravery then myself to have made it that far which means she would've needed to have started before i did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She sighs softly and sadly as she looks up towards the player who had said he hadn't seen anybody on this floor who would fit the description of her big sister. Having really hoped that this experienced player would've seen her big sis at least some how. Not knowing that their are plenty of people with unique hair styles and such. Okay mister...i guess i will just continue on my search for my big sis. I can only hope that i can find her. She says slightly worried about the safety of her elder sibling. Knowing that it is impossible to try and find her using her name since the only thing that shows if the username of the players. Raven looks up towards the individual and hears his description of his bad day. Upon hearing of this guild she then grins a little bit having an idea. So mister could i maybe stay with this guild thing you are a part of. It would probably be easier to find my big sister that way especially if i hang out with you since i am certain she has to be strong by now, so she would have to do something alongside you eventually. the young girl says very excitedly and happily. Also if you have me join i could help fix that guild problem you have at the moment. She says with a smile on her face.

Also i'm not sure about the other stuff since i just recently started playing this whole game thing, so i wouldn't know how different it was in previous updates, but that sounds a bit annoying to have to had dealt with. The system messing with what was perfect is always the worst, and sorry that your other guild mates are lazy. Team mates like that more so deserve the boot then the chance to stay within since they will only ruin the experience for other possible members, and if you can't keep the guild then maybe forming a new one with more active people would be better. Raven says with nod of her head at the last part, and a little pout on her face at the beginning. The young girl being knowledgeable in gaming do to having that to do in her spare time while her big sister worked constantly.  Leaving Raven to just enjoy video gaming, and talking with friends which she did in abundance using school activities to stay in shape also.

She then giggles a little bit at his response to her having called him a fellow fighter for justice since that is the correct thing. Since to fight for good is always the best option, and she will prove she is on the right side of the law always! She looks towards the tall man as he talks about the familiars and just nods her head hearing how to start the quest. i wonder what kind of familiar i should get? She says thinking out loud to herself as he thinks of the options looking at the dragon and shrugs slightly. Not caring for a dragon since they don't seem all that nice to hang around with. She then grins and nods. I want to have a wolf  to have one as a familiar would be cool. She says rather cheerfully having in mind for it to be a special little wolf since normal ones aren't interesting enough to have around. She then smiles hearing the name glad to have something to call this player.

It would seem upon the initial reaction from Hestia, that Joan was successful in helping her understand the term graphics.  Joan was happy that she was able to help her learn new terminology, and hoped that she would be of further use to Hestia as this trip continued.  If possible she would like to become friends with this player and maybe hang out with her when she was not on missions with the other virtues.  She had played quite the variety of games, and while she mainly played on hand held devices like the phone, 3ds, and other such devices, she did play one or two console games.  Platforms like Mario, Ninja Gaiden (which was very very difficult but fun to work at and beat).  Turn base games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Dragon Quest.  And then there were RPG games like the Final Fantasy series.  There was of course a couple of other games that she played that were in fact from overseas, or a game that crossed Japan and American companies together.  Examples like these were a game called 'Portal' and a game called Kingdom Hearts...  Americans had a strange way of designing their games.  The Portal game was definitely fun and introduced many challenges and puzzles she had never thought of before, since well portals don't actually exist.  It got her to think about physics for once and after that game she did pretty well in science class.  The weird part came in the character's behavior...  Namely Glados.  It was perhaps the strangest game she had encountered in her life.  But then again, the Americans probably thought the same of the Japanese culture video games.  Kingdom hearts was partially Japanese but mostly American.  Specifically, a company called Disney.  It was interesting to visit all of the worlds and learn about the villains, and it actually introduced her to watching Disney productions..................  Well she felt the newer ones were good, but the old animations she wasn't so sure of.  Maybe it was because she didn't grow up with them?

At any rate, while Joan wasn't a full on gamer like some of the others in this world, she had in fact played enough to get a good feel for it.  Then Hestia had begun to speak, mentioning how she believed it weird that humans (Joan thought this choice of wording was interesting, given that they both were humans) were so creative and intelligent to be able to further develop their technology within such little time, and yet seemed to lack the common sense in empathy and equality, to find a way to break the fights between people.  She then continued on further, talking about how she didn't understand why people had to separate from each other, distance themselves from other countries.  How there couldn't just be peace and happiness, but instead nothing but war continues to bounce between sides.  Joan looked at Hestia with a sad smile.  This conversation may bother some, annoy others, but Joan understood what she was referring to.  She had gone through the same process when she was bullied by her older brother.  The single difference between them was that Joan had come to a conclusion.  And she stuck by it, laying the topic to rest.  Now it seems she would need to help Hestia reach it too.  She was about to speak at least, when Hestia had added the bit about thanking her for explaining the term graphics.  She giggled again but wanted to resume their discussion of the world and it's hopelessness.

"Miss Hestia.  You must understand, whether you have a faith or not, that every human being is born with an internal desires, drawn towards sin.  Gluttony, the habitual greed of food and excess of eating.  Usually done for mere pleasure of taste and luxury, or to drown one's sorrows or pain that they would rather forget than confront.  Greed, the craving for more in the hopes of obtaining happiness by having it all.  Never once thinking or believing that contentment, and the small, simple kind act of helping others, is what brings happiness.  Envy, the dark desire and craving of something that another individual has, and instead of being grateful for what you have brooding and stewing over what you do not.  Sloth, the reluctance to work or make any effort.  Desiring the comforts of sleep where reality slips away, or the pleasures of entertainment and enjoyment over hard earned success.  Lust, the carnal craving for sexual arousal, seeking love and meaning in the benefits of the body rather than loving the other person themselves.  Wrath, the surrender to raw anger towards another, which can lead to emotional or physical harm to them, as well as you in the end.  Pride, by far the most dangerous, easily started, and most common sin:  Thinking of yourself more than you do of others.  Whether it be thinking highly of yourself, seeing others beneath you, proudly showing your good deeds, or even feeling sorry for yourself, turning yourself into a martyr.  Every human being is naturally drawn to each of these seven sins Hestia.  And there are billions, perhaps trillions of people on the earth.  Technology is a tool that can be used for good or evil.  Peace is an enemy of the sins.  Do you honestly think that we humans could possibly overcome these sins and bring peace to the earth when each of those billions of people is naturally, and strongly drawn to give into temptation?"

That was when the monster had appeared.  After the fight, Joan had noticed Hestia's change in expression and the way she looked at her.  Hopefully she could change that...  Her familiar spotted the change too and, although he would rather not, wanted her to be a little bit more relaxed.  So Mark moved over to Hestia's legs and trotted alongside her, though he was still cautious.  Joan giggled at Mark's movement before turning to Hestia again.  "Are you alright?"

Domarus didn't care about anyone, nor their feelings, troubles, or cares.  However information was never something he would ever turn down.  It kept him up to date on events, people, and the overall scheme of things.  The problem was that he did not have enough working for him to have eyes and ears anywhere and everywhere.  Therefore he could only use what information Hidden and Aereth gave him, though it was not much at all.  Another reason he needed more people to join his guild, well.  Specifically more loyal players who wouldn't give a d**n about his aim to conquer the entire world of both Aincrad and Earth.  When she looked dejected and, well broken, he didn't really care at all nor would he ask for clarification.  He could easily make it seem like she was just sad that he didn't see the woman yet.  When she mentioned how the girl was her sister, and hoping to find her.  THAT caught his attention.  This girl was apparently alone and vulnerable, and her sister was out there somewhere.  Most individuals would help her look for her sister.  Domarus was not most people.  He would lie.  He would manipulate.  And above all, he would twist her to what he needed her to be.  She may be young and small and helpless, but so was he when he was young.  Life wasn't fair and nobody who was would survive.  Outwardly he gave an encouraging smile and patted her shoulder.  
     "No worries.  We can look for her if you'd like.  If you give me a phrase or word, or even a message that only she would understand, I could place fliers on the different floors, and thus if she's here she can find them and follow them to us.  How does that sound?"  Of course he would not be spreading the many fliers, and only have them up once or twice whenever they traveled.  Or more accurately, he'd have a hired goon tear all the fliers down.  Domarus wouldn't personally hire him of course, he'd think his target was both the girl and Domarus' fliers.

Then the girl asked him if she could join the guild, thinking that it was a mutual benefit for the both of them.  Of course it wasn't, it was a full and complete benefit to Domarus due to the fact that he controlled the situation entirely.  He could very easily manipulate this girl into a being of power and darkness, and by the time she learned she was being manipulated she probably wouldn't care.  She would have tasted power at it's finest and would follow him to the ends of the world...  Assuming she didn't end up like that Floofy girl that is.  He needed an apprentice one way or another.  Still...  Some part of him was whispering the word Esther to him.  Esther was a young girl whom he'd run into and wouldn't dare manipulate.  He mentally shook his head trying to shake that stupid, pointless weakness off of his mind.  He instead smiled brightly nodded to her.

"That would be wonderful!  If you'd like we can go on training sessions as well.  We won't go too hard I promise, but I would not feel comfortable unless I knew you could handle yourself should you ever go out there on your own again.  If that's ok with you that is.  You don't have to fight towards the front lines, especially since there are other things you can do besides that, ok?"  With that he sent a guild invite to her, only thinking about how remarkably easy this is.  Some part of him was upset about messing with this girl but he shoved it far back into the depths of his mind where it wouldn't bother him again.

Domarus nodded when she mentioned how she didn't know much about the terminology, systems, or developments, let alone updates, so she wouldn't know how to help or comfort him in that aspect.  But she did understand enough to know how annoying it was.  Domarus nodded and sighed.

"Nothing to be done I'm afraid.  I just have to move forward in the end."  When she mentioned how she wanted a wolf, Rhozarth didn't look at her, but if she looked at him she would be able to tell that he was clearly unimpressed, seeing wolves as so far down the food chain for him that they were mere maggots.  In fact he saw the little girl as nothing more than a rabbit waiting to get snatched or caught.

@Hestia

I listen to the girl speak and have to keep myself from showing any physical signs of confusion or such since i don't wish to stop the girl, or make her feel discouraged from continuing her talking about what i can assume at the beginning is going to be the seven deadly sins when they start being listed off, and can only confirm when all seven have been listed in their entirety. Something that is rather interesting for one who looks so young to have this weird natural grasp on the fact that everyone has their own agenda to some extent of what they are trying to desire and get from other people. To understand from a perspective of why evil exists within the world at large. Even with such a answer though their is the curiosity to think of which is correct in the idea of theological position. That bad things happen just because of the experiences that had shaped a person, and then a event occurring that causes them to snap, or this natural inclination to sin that this young girl speaks about. Having not really thought about either side of things all that much. Having much preferred sticking to the idea that evil exists, and that any that can come towards the ones i love needs to be stopped. Not being all that well versed in religion either just about the same as the average person in terms of teachings and such.

However, the fact that a girl by the name of joan of arc is a girl who seemingly believes strongly in a aspect of Christianity is rather funny in my eyes. Since if i can remember correctly that the original joan of arc was a person who believed in the face also. I let out a small chuckle from my lips at that fact as i look towards the girl as i just nod my head. Well i don't know about the whole seven sins thing Joan, but that is mainly from my lack of experience with such a teaching. Then their is also the fact that i haven't thought all that much over where the source of what you can call evil even spawns from. Of course their are many theories depending on what you believe, but the main one the news seems to support is the more experiences forges a person to make the decisions they make even if sometimes a reason can't be found. I say softly as i rub the back at my head in slight annoyance at thinking of such thoughts as i walk with the young girl up the hill towards the building still rather surprised that such a young looking person can think such things, and ponder about the reality they are trapped in.

When asked if alright i can't help but chuckle at that wondering just how usual this girl things such a sight is. To see a person so young defeat a wave of mobs with a single attack, and seemingly prepared for another hit which would imply they have fought stronger mobs then what she just killed. I just smile and shakes my head yes. Yes everything is fine Joan just a little bit surprised is all nothing else. I'm not use to seeing one as young looking as you defeating mobs with ease, and seemingly ready and expecting more from them after killing them with only a single swing of your sword from how i understood what i was seeing. I say kindly with a smile on my face as i see the little fox walk along near me as i don't move to touch him knowing that could make him scared. My familiar starts to make a move before i give him a look as the lion familiar gives the equivalent of a pout, and stops moving closer towards the fox to not scare it away or any other reaction of the short. With that we finally reach the top of the hill where the stories of myth tell of how Athena and Poseidon thought within the building in front with a fountain, and olive tree were made. I take a deep calming breathe and goes to enter the building to see if this will be a bust or a success to have climbed that mountain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A phrase that she might know? The young girl says softly to herself as she taps her cheek seemingly thinking very hard upon this to anyone that would be looking at her. 'Okay so what might big sis Ember say that she would know instantly?' She thinks to herself knowing that this could be a rather defining thing if it works or not in finding her sister. She thinks of what her sister has been through and what might've been important, and then looks towards the higher leveled player. Well i have two things that could possibly work mister. Their is "harmony is important in everything little sis" and the other that could possibly work is "daddy was a true hero till the very end." The young girl going by the name Crow says to the man knowing either could possibly work depending on what could click in her big sis' mind first. Also i would really love to have that flier thing mister since i am sure big sis would see those eventually. She says rather cheerfully towards the person with a grin as the young little girl beams happily at meeting such a kind person willing to help her. Not knowing that her fate of what awaits her is slowly closing in around her do to her naivety about how the world actually works. Thinking that their is only kind people wishing to help if the person acts kind, and not taking to heart the words of her big sis about something called trickery and manipulation of words.

After having asked about the guild she just grins even more happily. A strong player willing to help her find her big sis, AND willing to let her be safe within a guild! This day couldn't get better. She eagerly pressed the accept button upon the prompt that showed up as she doesn't even take notice of the guild emblem that appears with her name to show her affiliation towards the guild she is now a part of. However, upon hearing about needing to go possibly train the girl seems frightened but just nods her head. Okay mister i would be fine with going on a training type deal thing. Since i am sure i could take care of myself in a fight, and if i somehow get over my head then i at least have you around to make sure i don't die from it. She says with a happy smile on her face. With that said the young girl looks up to the man and gestures for him to lead the way. Well we could try training since i am sure big sis wouldn't be around here just yet. Probably the flier thing, or would of mouth might be better actually. The girl says while blushing realizing how stupid she was for trying to find her big sister on foot as she quickly lifts her hood up to hide her blushing face of complete embarrassment and idiocy.

With such things on her mind she just follows you where you decide to take her to train while keeping in the back of her mind just how far she is from any settlement and how she had gotten to where she goes in the back of her mind. Looking around she quickly starts counting out all the exit strategies within her mind encase a mob comes while thinking to herself. 'Okay Raven you can be a brave warrior like Ember. She has survived this long so you can do so to if you just be brave.' She thinks to herself with a nod of her head trying to psyche herself up to be able to fight anything that could come out and fight.

Joan listened as Hestia told her that she hadn't heard something like this before and wasn't sure what to make of it.  Joan smiled encouragingly to the woman, her youthfulness shining through once again as she looked at the woman in the eyes from below.  "If the heart is willing Hestia, it can be learned.  If you are willing to listen to someone else's side of the story, you will be all the wiser still.  From what I can tell you are both willing, yet unwilling to listen to others.  I urge you to always listen to everyone's side of the story, and meditate on what you've heard, before you reach a conclusion."  They continued to walk for a little bit more time and while Hestia chuckles from hearing the question Joan had presented to her, the girl spotted a patch of flowers and rushed over, knelt down on one knee, and sniffed the flowers before giggling and taking some into her inventory for her room.  The wonderful thing about this game was that the flowers didn't wither, but instead shattered when their time was up.  The beauty never faded.  She heard Hestia mention her shock at seeing someone as young as she was charge those mobs.  When Hestia said the word ease, Joan shook her head but allowed her to finish.  When she did she would speak after turning back and running back into place beside her, looking up to her as they spoke.  "There was no ease about it miss.  I was simply lucky they were minimal level.  I am fairly certain anything higher would have been a danger to me.  Especially with updates changing the monster's stats from time to time.  I am no fierce warrior, I'm just doing what I can to survive.  I myself do not possess strength.  It is with friends I become strong Hestia!"  She giggled  and looked up as they reached the summit.  "Wooooow~"  She was standing still for a moment and when her attention returned Hestia was already near the building.  She giggled again and rushed forward to catch up with her.

Mark watched as the lion familiar began to move in towards the fox and the skittish creature shot to the other side of Hestia for a moment, peeking through her legs, it's eyes the only thing visible to the familiar.  Once it watched Kuro back off again, the poor familiar moves cautiously back to where it was walking beforehand beside Hestia. 

....This girl clearly wasn't very bright.  At least Esther had some brains on her to compensate for her naivety and ignorance of the world.  This girl had literally nothing on her.  Domarus could set something up as a demonstration...  Or take her on one of his hunting trips to clear out yet another one of the...  Moonwalkers, he believed they were now called.  They were a guild of player killers who were under the command of three individuals that Domarus, Hidden and Aereth had not yet destroyed, and he doubted they would any time soon.  At any rate he would need a way to teach this girl what the world was like.....  Or just get her some intelligence and knowledge in general from what he was hearing.  He rubbed the back of his head and gave a chuckle.

"Well, the phrase 'daddy was a hero' is typically said by more than you'd imagine, especially with all the men who went off to war.  That wouldn't be as effective as you'd think.  Therefore I believe the best phrase to use would be the first option. The one involving harmony.  Sound good?"  The girl didn't waste any time to press the accept button, much to Domarus' pleasure and disappointment at just how easy this was.  He'd rather have worked hard to get the girl Hestia, but he was told she joined another guild.  Unfortunate to say the least.  The girl was clearly nervous about the training part, but to that Domarus gave a light laugh and patted her shoulder lightly, careful not to hurt her or knock her over.

"Don't you worry about that, I sure as hell won't throw you in front of a couple of mobs your first few times and tell you to get good.  I'll teach you how to fight both in body and mind before we get to that stage.  And at that point I'll get their attention before you attack them.  Therefore no matter how much you hit them, they will only attack me.  That would be phase two of the training.  So don't you worry, there's no need to be afraid ok?"  Of course there was going to be a point in her training where he would purposefully terrify her before teaching her what fear is, how people and the game can use it against her, and how to prevent fear from controlling her actions...  And how to turn that fear into power through, other, emotions.  Jeez this was too easy.

@Hestia

I nod my head slowly at hearing the first piece of advice that the young girl named joan gives. ' To here both sides of the stories? What does she mean by she can tell i am willing yet unwilling? Does this girl know something i don't about those i interact with, or is she just a weirdly good judge of personality and tells others what they might not know themselves.' I think curiously trying to understand the meaning behind the words that were given. I think to those each i have given and then pauses when my mind reaches the most obvious name upon my list. 'Domarus...i don't wish to believe he is good in any right, but maybe that is the point of what the girl is saying. To try and find the reason he is rather then trusting him fully? That could be what she says that evil has a reason for existing and it is found in the stories of how people got to where they are.' I think to myself with a small nod of my head as i walk forward without really think all that much of what is in front of me since it is a hill. Not that great of a danger bumping into someone when traversing this high up it.

I smile as i happily watch the girl known as Joan pick up some flowers as i can only think it is for a decorative purpose from the fact she is smiling and giggling. I then continue going up the mountain as we eventually reach the summit as i then feel myself get a bit teary eyed to what is for me a rather amazing and beautiful sight. So beautiful. I whisper out at the building as i hesitantly starts to make my way inside hoping i don't get stopped by guards who would wish to stop me from seeing what i came all the way up here to see. For my familiar he is keeping his distance from the fox familiar now out of respect for its skittishness as it looks over to the young girl then back to the building with a passive look.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven nods her head in understanding of how harmony would be a better key phrase then about how their dad was an amazing hero in their eyes. She then looks towards the player as he explains the idea of the training as he smiles confidently ready to fight these mobs. She takes a deep breathe and nods her head ready to fight in her mind against these opponents. So then mister Domarus what kind of things have you seen while in this game? She asks curiously to the person in front of her. Also how will you train my mind as you say? I can understand body since that is easy enough, but i don't understand the mind part. How will you do so? She asks curiously repeating herself ever so slightly when asking the question. The cause being slight excitement on her part to see what the reason for that is. She smiles as she looks up at you wondering how soon she will be able to meet her sister with this nice man's help and guild helping out. She just grins figuring it will be rather quickly.  When Domarus had patted her on the shoulder she did feel a sense of comfort and piece brought from the act of him doing so as a small happy smile appears on her face.

Joan stood there beside Hestia for a while.  When Hestia moved again so would she.  Joan would be drawn to the architecture, the very stone and structure the buildings stood on.  She ran her hands along them and fit her fingers in the curves, holes, and other such designs as she walked around the structure.  "The Greeks were amazing architectures.  They built their cities and temples to last for a vast amount of ages to pass.  It's sort of like us don't you think?  We all make a choice early on in our lives.  A choice as to how we wish to think.  We could be pessimists, optimists, realists.  We could think heartlessly and mercilessly, or caring and compassionately.  We could think selfishly and for our own survival, or think of others and what they need rather than ourselves."  She soon reached a pillar that had broken and lay there among it's proud neighbors.  This was where she sighed sadly, and paused for a moment.  This broken pillar was the second half of her thoughts.  "However, like ancient ruins that are not built as sturdily as masters of construction.  Certain thought processes lead to one's own self destruction.  We like to accuse, blame, or punish others.  When in truth judgement will always come.  Those who choose the wrong path will reap the consequences."

Once again, and as he suspected, the girl started asking yet more questions.  He was a bit annoyed but had to play along whether he liked it or not.  The girl had asked him what he had seen while inside this game and thus gave him two options.  Share with her all of the horrors in the world, such as a guild using a potion to turn a girl he knew into a mindless slave to be abused by the leader until he rescued her, as well as the guild that kidnapped children and twisted them into merciless serial killer assassins.  Or he could tell her of the more, bright side of this world such as the adventures and lessons it provides.  Player's he's met and what the frontlines has become, and what he hopes to make it...  What the public will here that is.  Obviously he would go with the second option.  

"Well I've met a great many players, many of whom I've only had short encounters before they vanished.  Not dead, just off the grid.  There have been many quests Keres and I have gone through together as well.  And of course there is the front lines.  I have not yet fought among them just yet, but I can say that I've met them.  And what I've seen is disappointing indeed.  Players fighting to have a say, to be the higher authority and voice.  Thinking of nothing but glory and landing the final hit to obtain the last hit bonus item.  None of them actually focus on the boss much, and only a handful of the front liners actually care about clearing this game it seems.  I wish to change that, but currently have no means of doing so."  She then asked him how he would be training her in the mind.  He smiled instead of smirking, and patted her on the shoulder.

"Don't you worry about that Crow.  We'll cross that bridge once we come to it, agreed?"

@Hestia

I smile very happily as i move forward and lets my hand slide along the greek architecture with the biggest smile on my face that has been their as i just marvel at being so close to the building as i start to head in until i hear Joan. Hearing the girl start speaking i just listen curious what the young girl is going to say. Not wishing to ignore the child who seems surprisingly mature for her age which leaves the wonder of the how. Be it from adaptation to the game's environment, or if something happened at a young age to force her to mature and try to seek answers and such from some source to make sense of the world for the why of its current state. I look at the girl as she stands beside a broken pillar as i walk over to her. You say truth will allow judgement to come, and i am willing to agree on that. However, how can we tell what is true and what isn't a lie anymore when people are so willing and easy to tell lies, and use others for their own gain? How can we avoid such things when it is almost common practice to do these things to blame and accuse others of everything to try and make our own truth from the reality we live in? To manipulate everyone and everything to try and benefit ourselves to form our own judgement which can be a incorrect judgement do to the wrongs and wicked intents that can be born? I ask the girl wondering what she said, and wondering if this girl is trying to teach me something, and if she is why this particular lesson of truth and judgement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven nods her head listening to the man speak as she wonders where these players could just suddenly disappear off to within this game. It is possible they are just hiding in wait for something or the other, but that is a bit strange to do that even though it must be easy with the use of teleportation crystals and such. She then hears the state of the frontlines and gains a shocked, and a slightly annoyed and disappointed look on her face. Stupid people not actually trying to help each other. Well even if they don't want to help you guys out in escaping i know i will. You have Crow ready to fight on the frontlines when it comes time for that. She says with a nod of her head with a very determined look in her eyes to be able to actually fight their. Even if she is a very long way to being any competent in fighting do to her apparent fear of actually fighting anything from what you have seen.

She smiles a bit happily when you pat her on the shoulder as she just nods her head. Okay mister Domarus i will wait, but that won't stop me from trying to find out one way or the other before you do so. She says a bit playfully and with a chuckle considering it almost like a game to see if she can figure out the method of training before it is implemented. Of course that would require her to know where to even begin, and unlike reality their are no pockets to steal from. She then gains a small pout on her face realizing that trying to get such information will be next to impossible with how the game is set up from what she knows of it.

Joan listened to Hestia and the woman indeed had a good point.  There were people to wished to deceive and fool others around them that truly existed, but one such as Joan never worried about such men and women for a simple reason.  Several if she thought about it actually.  For one they would reap the consequences of their actions.  For another they would ultimately be judged by the Lord.  For another the truth is always revealed in the end.  A lie could only fool one so many times before it's facade faded away.  She looked at Hestia in the eyes.  "As I've said before Hestia, all who choose these lives will pay for it in the end.  We cannot escape every cruel trap in this world.  And while we can see past deceptions and lies, we should never judge and accuse.  We both have made mistakes ourselves Hestia.  We both can make decisions that seem evil to the eyes of others, but to us it may seem like something we have to do.  Everyone has a past, a history.  A reason to do the things they do.  Hatred and Cruelty, Lies and Deceit, Envy and Theft, Pride and Lust.  They all come from history, from pain.  Who are we to judge another, when we ourselves are just as guilty of our own sins?"  She smiled and closed her eyes as she recalled a verse from the Bible.  'But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.  When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”  Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.  At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.  Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”  “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”  John eight verses six through eleven."

Domarus heard the girl call the front liners stupid and for the first time in ages, he legitimately laughed.  Not a forged, false laugh, but a true laugh and the sheer fact that this little girl, at this specific point in time, seemed to finally see others the way he saw them.  Everyone out there were fools, not just the front liners.  Everyone.  The weak, the strong, the 'heroes' the murderers.  Fools, every last one of them.  Not one of them had an ounce of true intelligence in them.  Knowing how to debate didn't count as intelligence.  Knowing how to get stronger, or how to fight did not count as intelligence either.  Ruling the world didn't make you intelligent.  He looked at her in a new light, beginning to like her just a little bit more...  Or rather, he wasn't as annoyed with her as he was previously.

"Easy there Crow, it will be some time before you get there, which will give us plenty of time to train.  But yes, you will see as you go through training, that it's not just the front liners who are stupid.  Once you learn the truth about this world, and the real world, as well as the people in it?  You find that your surrounded by stupidity."  She then proceeded to challenge him, stating that she would be doing her best to find out exactly how he'd be training her.  Inwardly he wondered if she was just joking around or if she was serious, but if she was she would fail.  Horribly.  Domarus didn't tell her that of course, he wanted her to have some form of hope.

"Challenge accepted then Crow."

@Hestia

I shake my head at Joan's initial statement as i wait for her to finish this part of her talk as i then follow up. I would say we shouldn't wait for the truth to come up if a person is truly lying and deceiving others. To manipulate them for their own desires since if that is the case then good people like you, and myself could become just pawns in someones game.That if we just waited around we could end up doing horrible things that would be against our morals, but believe it is fine do to the lies we had been told by whoever the deceiver could be. Even if it is someone that is close to us those are the ones to be most careful of since they have the easiest time deceiving do to the trust we would have in them. I tell Joan with a nod of my head as i then also sigh a bit knowing the next part of what she had said is true. That everybody has a past that shapes them into who they are today. That their is nothing one can do about that since the past shapes how a person is today.

I then just pause as i look at the Joan girl and then blinks, and says. Did you just quote scripture at me? I say trying to make my tone not sound hostile, but more so just utterly a mix of shock and confusion. Unable to believe a girl at this age could quote scripture at me word for word about a situation seemingly on the fly. However, i understand the meaning behind it as i nod my head. yeah i get the message though. Don't condemn others since we are all guilty of the crime known as whatever act in some form or the other. Doesn't mean we should just excuse those who have done horrible things though. I say as i look at Joan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven smiles rather happily that this person will be willing to train her to the best of his ability as she just nods her head very cheerfully as she walks along with the person. However, at the mention of being surrounded by stupidity made her rather intrigued by what that meant, and if it is true what would that make her sister then? She shakes her head of such thoughts knowing they have to be meaningless. her sister is the best in the whole world how could she be wrong about how it works after all? With a nod at seemingly nothing she continues her walk alongside Domarus with a curious look as she gazes at everything making sure to keep her goggles on once more to help enhance her sight through their enhancements in the hopes of spotting a enemy, and make it better for her to land a strike more easily. Then with her challenge accepted she smiles knowing where to start at the very least. To start with trying to find the man's shop to see if it will be worth trying to find his training plans their.

Joan held her hand up to her mouth as she just remembered that some people disliked the bible, and that she should be more cautious about when and where to speak it.  "Ah!  I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend or anything.  I'm just so used to the scriptures that it's the same as breathing."  She relaxed just a little bit when Hestia seemed to understand the message.  "Well there's a verse for it, but I'll just summarize it up for you.  If we see a brother or sister stumbling in sin, we must speak with them privately about it first.  If they do not listen we speak to them with others in authority.  Another verse I'm sure you know, explains that we do not worry so much about the sin in others, but rather focus on our own mistakes first.  Imagine it this way.  Do you think it write for a doctor to preform surgery when they are deathly ill of a contagious disease?  Should they not worry about their own illness before they perform the surgery?  If we do not worry about the sins, mistakes and faults in ourselves, then we could very easily make situations worse for the other as much as ourselves......  I have to ask though, is there someone you know to be at fault?  Someone whom your heart has hardened against?"

The girl was an idiot if she thought she'd find training plans at his shop, especially since they had just now started.  Of course he didn't know what she was thinking.  he was observant, not telepathic.  Regardless of this, there was much work to do.  He'd need to set up a training area for teaching her, preferably on the first floor so that he could reduce the risk of her dying off suddenly.  In addition, there were supposedly player killers trying to catch weaklings off guard there.  If he trained her there long enough, they may gather some decently strong pkers to try and ambush them.  It would no doubt alter the power struggle among the pking guilds out there but he could care less.  He wanted to filter out the weak before he took on the strongest guild head on.  He would be the one to destroy them and be known for his heroic deeds and his superior strength.  Nothing would stand in his way.  First however was training this girl he had run into.  Who was her sister, and was she possibly in this world with them?  and if they ran into her could he control her?

@Hestia

I quickly wave my hands at the girl. No,no,no,no. I wasn't offended Joan don't worry about that it was more so i was surprised by the fact someone as young looking as you are can quote something from a rather extensive book word for word. Not many can do that let alone memorize their own security numbers. I say very quickly not wishing to let her think i was offended by such a thing. More so just utterly surprised by her ability to quote and then say where the quote was from just being utterly surprising. I then take a deep calming breathe as the girl continues to speak as i hear her ask the question as i bite my lip as i can see just the image of Domarus flash up in my mind, and i think for a moment if i should just lie to this girl. What is the worst that can happen? She won't know if i do so..right? And even if she did it is not like their is much to saying who it is since she wouldn't know the person. However, even with that i should probably stay honest to this girl she seems the observant, and honestly wise beyond what her age should be capable of. I let out a small sigh and nods my head to the girl's question. Yeah their is a person that i have a disposition to dislike at this point. Even though i don't have solid evidence of my claims he just feels off i guess. I say knowing i must sound stupid for putting it that way when it is the only reason. I have no reason to support my idea, but yet everytime i talk with the man it just feels wrong like their is more then meets the eye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven just smiles up at the man with a grin. Unable to help herself but view this man as a symbol of justice since he is really strong, kind enough to help out the weak, and is even willing to help her find her sister, then even is willing to train her to get stronger! She just smiles happily while walking with the man, and then remembers his words about ignorance as she looks down at herself before looking back up at the man. Excuse me mister Domarus earlier you said i would realize i'm surrounded by stupidity like you know you are. Does that include me when you say you are surrounded by stupidity?She asks curiously with a tilt of her head. And if it does how can i help myself get out of that category? She asks in a innocent tone of voice realizing the words could apply to everyone even her, or even Domarus depending on what counts as not being surrounded by stupidity.

Despite the fact that Hestia did her best to reassure Joan that it was fine, Joan would not quote scripture again.  Nor would she allow herself to get so wrapped up in philosophical discussions again.  She did not wish to act like she was above Hestia, nor did she want to offend Hestia, even in the slightest manner.  The humility emanating off of her would be clear.  She could see Hestia prepping up a lie that would easily shatter her own argument, but in the end she told the truth.  When she did Joan would smile warmly, proud that Hestia would choose the honest route.  She could have said that she'd rather not talk about it and Joan would have let the matter drop.  After all it was an issue she and the Lord had to work through.  Still, she gave her an answer.  She looked Hestia in the eyes.  "Is this feeling a gut feeling?  Or have you been betrayed in the past?  If the latter is the case then you haven't gotten over it and are most likely looking for others to pin the blame, or your own anger on.  If it is the first, then I would be cautious.  Instinct can be useful but it can just as easily lead us astray.  Otherwise you are consistently attempting to convince yourself of something even with no evidence to support it.  Is there a reason this person would deceive?  What would he gain from it?  And do those reasons and purposes match the person's outward personality?  People can lie and put up a facade, but you cannot hide your true self completely.  Some of it always leaks out in the end.  Ah, I'm going to far, I apologize miss!  It's not my place to give such words to someone with your experience.  I trust you know what you're doing.~"  She smiled to Hestia cutely.

Domarus heard her speak up and looked at Rhozarth for a second.  He whistled thrice in succession and Rhozarth understood that he was to scout ahead.  The proud and fierce dragon took flight and flew ahead to scan the area.  While he took off Domarus then turned to the girl with a grin.  Again it was, an honest one.  And she would know why soon enough.

"The fact that you acknowledge the possibility that you are ignorant, naive, as well as an idiot, shows that you are not as foolish as the rest of the world tends to be.  You are not intelligent, but neither would I lower you to their standards.  You aren't stupid Crow, just ignorant and naive.  They can get you killed but not around me.  I will make you strong and smarter than any other player in this world."  He turned his full body around to her.

"Players in this world think that levels, gear and skills are what make you strong but it's not!  They don't know the meaning of the word.  They are all arrogant fools who will inevitably fall in their own grave they've dug.  I swear you will never end up like them.  Not if you follow my lead and heed my every word.  I swear you will be as strong as I am one day."

@Hestia

Well people always have something to gain from lying Joan. Even if we don't know what it is, but people always have something to gain that would put them in their own position of being ahead of others. To use others for their own benefit be it material, or something else that we don't know. i say calmly to the girl beside me as we continue talking as i look down towards the ground and then sighs. But yeah i know instinct can help out sometimes Joan, but yeah it is also damaging since sometimes our instincts lead us astray from our mind having a bad first image about a person. I say softly as i wish this girl wasn't so wise since i now need to reevaluate everything i know about Domarus, and his interactions alongside me. Only knowing that the first sign of possible straight lying or manipulation was his hand tightening for whatever reason.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven nods her head at the man's words as he speaks with a grin rather excited to have this possibility of getting stronger. To be able to catch up to those on the frontlines, and to be even better then them! She was so excited for doing this! She listened to every words that Domarus had said making sure to pay attention to every word and understanding the meaning behind it. Wanting to be the best student ever to not disappoint the man that seems to have some sort of standards for her in some sort of fashion. Apparently the first step is getting out this naivety she has, and ignorance. From what she knows that means she doesn't understand the true meaning of the world around her. She then grins as she tightens her fists feeling pumped to become stronger, and to prove that she is above the other players. She won't fall! Teach me mister Domarus i'm ready for training, and to learn how the world works. She says excitedly as she jumps from one foot the other.