[F4-PP] Steely resolve <<Essence of Steel>>

I smile as i walk within the town of snowfrost as i look over what i could do today, and then grins remembering that quest that Ryo took me on to handle the mob with. 'What was it called again? Something with steel...yeah something with steel.' I think to myself with a nod as i wander slightly aimlessly within the town of Snowfrost as i think of this having my familiar at my side during such a time also. The lion enjoying the cold weather and all it has to be provide. I think of the fight that was before and shakes my head not seeing a good chance for victory by myself. I open up the guild menu and looks through the names once more as i see the one called "Guild Mom" and i weigh my options before shaking my head. 'Nah she would be busy hanging out with Jomei most likely, and probably did it with him.' I think to myself and see that only leaves the tank Jevi, mistery Spencer, Kimi, or Ruby. Not really including Kairi since it is meant to be a time of working for improvement with night being their together time. Welp hopefully Kimi isn't sick of me by now. I say with a shrug as i open up my menu and types out a message once more.

Spoiler

@Kimi

Hey Kim! I am going to go try and beat a quest on the fourth floor that has steel or something in its name. I can't remember exactly the title. You up for fighting a knockoff Yeti? If you are you'll find me near the center of town near the various ice sculptures of like the animals.

With the message sent i go to just their and sits down on the bench as i look at the various ice sculptures of some foxes being here or their, and even a few just intricate designs made of ice that sparkle and glisten just beautifully. I smile happily as i see the beauty that is captured in the ice.

Kimi was going through her usual route in the Town of Beginnings looking for sweets to eat when she heard a blip come from her interface. As she opened up her menu to see what that was about she saw that Hesita messaging her about a quest that she wanted company with. As Kimi thought for a bit she sent a reply.

Spoiler

To Hestia

Yeah i'll accompany you with your quest. Just give me a minute i'm buying snacks for me and Noodle.

-Kimi 

As she sent that message Kimi went around looking for some snacks for herself as well as Noodle who was happily following behind her. She didn't know what would quench their sweet tooth, but as some time passed Kimi felt bad for making Hestia wait on their indecisiveness and went towards the town portal. Before entering Kimi fashioned a coat to prepare her for the cold weather in the fourth floor.

I calmly wait in the middle of the town of beginning having given her the location of where they were meant to be, so it is only a matter of time until the girl arrives. 'That is assuming she agrees to this at all actually. Will she want to go on a quest with a person who she spent almost four days with alone? Wouldn't she get annoyed with myself at this point.' I think to myself as I hear a tiny little blip as i look over and see it is from Kimi as i open up the menu and sees the menu, and grins happily. 'Guess i had nothing to worry about at all.' I think to myself as i lean back into the bench as i pat the spot next to me as my familiar jumps onto it and lays across my lap as he rests his head upon the bench arm rest. I just calmly wait for the red haired girl with a smile on my face wondering what today's adventures will hold for the two players. I look to my familiar and gently pets him with a smile as i watch it gently snow like it always does in this eternal wonderland. Watching the snowflakes fall towards the ground glistening ever so slightly within the air.

When entering the floor Kimi was greeted with a crisp coldness that bit her skin. "Well today is colder than usual." Kimi said while pulling her coat closer to her before she adjusted to the cold. Noodle on the other hand froze almost immediately before turning a pale blue and started moving again. "Ohh looks like you can adjust to cold weather also?" Kimi said while giving Noodle a pat on the head. When her hand touched Noodle, Kimi retracted it almost instantly because he was the coldest thing that she has touched. "Huh? i guess you take an affinity to whatever the environment is. Well we best make our way to them and not keep them waiting Noodle. Lets get going." Kimi said as she made her way to Hestia. Kimi stopped at the center of the Town and tried looking for Hestia, but she kept getting distracted at the ice statues in front of her.

I wait within the center of town looking at all of the ice sculptures that is absolutely beautiful and shining. Eventually i see you walk into the area and that you are admiring the ice sculptures as i gently nudge Kuro who turn to see you, and eventually the small shark dog as he gets up off me and flies on over to you and lands in front of you. The lion immediately nuzzling his head gently against your leg, and as he does that i start walking on over to you with a smile on my face wearing a grey t-shirt, and long black pants with a simple jacket with my hands in the pockets of said jacket. Evening Kim welcome to my wonderful home floor i hope you found your stay comfortable at the very least. I say in a kind manner towards you as i look over your attire and can only nod my head at seeing the coat that is fit for winter. You don't have survival do you? Cause you look set for winter rather then just being relaxed and comfortable. I say with a chuckle as i gesture to myself for example looking more fit for summer then winter.

"Hey~ its great to see you again and yes i quite do enjoy it here. I've never actually been in snow, so coming here is a lot of fun for me as well as Noodle." Kimi said with a heartwarming smile. "I actually don't have survival, but i know of it. I've been meaning to do it, but i just couldn't find the time to. If you want we could do it right after the quest." Kimi said as she was shrugging at the thought of not having time. "Anyways I'm all set and ready to go whenever you are. I've heard of this quest, but not so much so just let me know what we're gonna be doing." Kimi said as she made her way out of the middle of the city. Kimi checked her equipment one last time to be sure that nothing is out of place or missing. Everything seemed to be just fine and Noodle also seemed to enjoy digging around in the snow.

Wait you've never been in snow? I say sounding totally surprised as i grab your hand with a grin on my face. If that is the case then Kim we need to enjoy our time on the way to the quest. You must experience the fun of a snow day before you leave this floor for the traveler. I say rather excitedly and happily as i look you in the eyes. You fine with joking around and having fun on the way to fighting the snow beast up in those mountains? I ask curiously as i back away to give you some space realizing i might be a bit to close within a personal space bubble. I then follow you out of the center of the town. My familiar Kuro moving over towards the Noodle to make sure the little Shark Doggo stays safe. Oh yeah for this quest it takes hitting some skull type thing to summon the Yeti, and then after that we just have to beat it up. It will then drop some type of item thing that is supposedly really good. Don't really remember what it was though. I say offering as much as i can remember about the enemy, and more so the mechanics of starting the quest.

"Yeah, my hometown never got snow." Kimi answered Hestia giving a half smile. "I don't normally have a chance to get out, but it wasn't all too bad." Hestia mentioned to Kimi that it would be best to enjoy the snow before taking on the traveler quest. She then mentioned of having fun along the way to the quest to which Kimi responded with a bright smile, "I wouldn't have it any other way." As the two made their way out of the town Hestia quickly briefed Kimi on what the quest was about, which was vague, but Kimi believed that they can do it. As they exited the settlement Kimi picked up some snow to wipe her hands with. While doing so she made it seem she was just playing with it, but unknown to Noodle, Kimi was actually forming a snowball. Noodle was still digging through the snow having only his top fin stick out like a shark in water, and as soon as Noodle poked his body out from the snow. Kimi threw the snowball playfully at Noodle to which Noodle turned around to have his back facing Kimi and started digging up the snow throwing a sheets of snow at Kimi.

Well i hope that you get to enjoy the snow as much as you want to with this fourth floor Kim. It will be lots of fun trust me. I say very cheerfully and optimistically as i look at the kind red head, and then smiles very happily hearing that you would like to just relax, and enjoy ourselves on the walk towards the yeti like beast. As we walk through the town i see you slowly form a snowball as i just smile, and waits to see what is going to happen, and then giggles a lot as Noodle digs up lots of snow and just tosses it at you. I can only just chuckle and wonder if the little shark doggo somehow noticed what you were going to do without us even noticing him look. I grin as an idea forms in my head. Hey Kim lets continue the snow fight out of the city first that way their will be more snow to use. I say kindly and happily with a smile planing to use the snow out of the town to make a little snowfort and see how things play out from their.

"Alright, lets get going." Kimi said with a smile on her face after she brushed off some of the snow that Noodle kicked up on her. "So where exactly are we headed? I don't want to just be leading us into no where. We might get lost easily since everything is covered in snow and basically looks the same everywhere." Kimi said towards Hestia as she stopped just are the outskirts of the city. Kimi was looking for a path while they were out, but there was no clear one to been. Noodle was still digging around playing in the snow. As Kimi was preoccupied with looking for a clear path. Noodle started nudging her on the leg, and when Kimi looked down to see what he wanted. It turned out that Noodle found a recording crystal in the snow and was offering it to her. "Awww thank you Noodle." Kimi said as she took the crystal and put it away, rewarding noodle with a couple of pats on the head.

ID# 94792 results:

Loot: 16(+2) = 18

found 1 T1 material

Come on kimi you can follow me i know the way their. A player by the name of Ryo invited me on his taking down of this quest. I can only hope that we get as lucky as when i was then in this fight. Since the Yeti at the time could barely do any damage during that. I say optimistically as i start walking out of town with you. Also i guess we got lucky do to having the wonders of paralyze stunning then, so we should be able to replicate that with ease. I say cheerfully as i walk alongside you as i nod to Kuro who flies ahead a good distance away in the direction we are traveling as he seems to be digging and almost making something somehow. I just smile at Kuro having gotten the idea of what i was going for with my plan. So than Kim have you found Noodle any new forms after the ninth floor? I ask curiously feeling slightly awkward when saying that as i briefly have a flashbulb memory moment when thinking back to seeing the little guy falling towards the lava. Seeing everything in very vivid detail.

"Ohh that's good that you did this quest before, maybe you can introduce me to the Ryo fellow you mentioned." Kimi said casually, but distant enough to not intrude on Hestia's friends. "I really hope things play out like they did when we fought that evil little box on the ninth floor. Like how we basically paralyzed it for a long time. We will have to see if we can pull that again." Kimi said as she followed beside Hestia towards the area where the quest is. "As for Noodle, no i haven't found anything new, but he did change when i came here. If you look closely he is more of a pale blue and has icicles or frost on his fins. Its really cool actually and he is cold as ice." Kimi covered her hands as she raised Noodle up to Hestia so she could get a better look. Noodle didn't mind at all, he tended to enjoy being handled and the attention was always wanted.

If you want to meet Ryo i would be fine with messaging him at some point to have him get involved. Just keep in mind that he will most likely ask for some kind of love advice at some point since he is into some girl named Teion pretty hardcore apparently. I say with a shrug and a small chuckle as i walk alongside you towards Kuro who had finished building a snow fort. Also yeah Ryo is a kind individual if not a really joking person, or at least has been when i had done questing with him. I say to you as i then grin at the thought of the mimic upon the ninth floor. Oh yeah that poor loot mob that we practically bullied the entire time. I say with a giggle remember how it just ended up being kicked over and over while it was still down. As you show me Noodle i do move closer and can see tiny bits of frost gathering at his feet. Oh wow Noodle is really cool wouldn't you say. I say with a chuckle at the bad pun as i then  gently push you back with a grin as i quickly form a snowball and throws it at you with a grin. Can't have a proper fourth floor greeting without a snowball fight. Also, you need to enjoy a good snowball fight since you enver enjoyed the snow before! I say very excitedly as i quickly get behind the snow fort as i start building it up more and more.

"Well that's fine i suppose. I always love to help someone in need. Even if its kinda weird hes asking for love advice." Kimi said with a giggle thinking about a grown man needing help with this. Kimi put down Noodle so he can get back to playing in the snow. "Seeing how he likes to joke around i think i might get along very well together. I just need to warm up to the guy or get to know him better for things to really kick off." Kimi said smiling. Hestia starts building a snow for to which Kimi also build hers. "We should invite your friend Ryo so we can get more people to play with. Though i dont want to get distracted with what we're doing." Kimi looked over to where Noodle was and it seemed he copied Kimi in building a snow fort and was making one with Kuro. "Seems they want to get in on the action as well." Kimi said as she casually threw a snowball at Noodle again. To which he dug a hole in Kimi snow fort. "Noodle! Come on." Kimi said with her voice raised, but still with playful tones.

Yeah Ryo is a pretty nice guy, and i can tell he means well with what he does and wishes to accomplish. Personally i think he could make a nice addition to the guild now that i think about it. I say happily as I chuckle a little bit as i watch the tiny noodle copying your actions once more as me and my familiar work on the same fort till it could hide both of us from behind it. I then smile as i start gathering snow with my hands, and Kuro gathering snow with paws and using his tail to do the best in forming a snow ball. Once the snowballs are formed me and Kuro quickly throws them at you with a smile on my face. Snowball fight? I say in questioning tone with a amused look on my face as i gather another snowball as i ask this. Kuro just looking for the tiny shark doggo that he can't see since it is burrowed into your fort. I smile rather happily as i look at the redheaded girl wondering what her response will be.

After some time playing in the snow with Hestia and Kuro throwing snowballs. Kimi said towards Hestia, "lets get going before it gets to dark, i'm not sure how much further it is and i don't want to be fighting at night." Kimi called Noodle back to her side and picked him up to brush off some snow that was stuck to him. "Alright Noodle thats enough playing, lets get down to business." Kimi said with a smile as she hugged Noodle a bit more before putting him down. Kimi picked herself up from behind her own snow fort and brushed of the remaining snow that was on her. Kimi looked around to see if there were any monsters nearby, or players that just witnessed them goofing around. The thought of being watched made her feel a bit embarrassed as most people in the game are very serious, or just worried about what might happen to them.

After a good bit of fun i see you get up as i stop, and my familiar quickly me as we get out of the snow as i then open up my inventory hearing you wish to get going towards the location of the Snow Beast as i equip my armor, and equipment to be battle ready. Let's get going then Kim time waits for nobody. I say with a small chuckle and a bright happy smile. Having truly enjoyed the moment that allowed it to be like real life. To enjoy the snowball fight and forget for a moment to not worry about death being imminent or around every single corner out their in the world. With that i starts to lead you towards the mountain once more having to pass through snowy fields, a nice forest of trees that eventually reaches a base of a mountain that seemingly has a path made already that looks just as annoying as a hike up as the breaking the unbreakable questline. You ready then Kim? You best be prepared with your best sword art. I say with a nod of my head as i then think on that as i take out a matriarch's stinger and hands it to you. If you don't have one use this to buff your damage since even if it's only one point more it is better the none. Also, i'm a tank i don't need much damage and i have a few of those in my inventory. I tell you.

Kimi watched as Hestia prepared her equipment. Kimi also gotten herself ready, though really she was only checking if her equipment was fit tight. Kimi looked around the white winter land wasteland looking for any signs of life, or rather and landmarks they could use to mark for their way back or if they get lost along the way. Even thought Kimi was looking for some sort of landscape that stuck out, she believed that Hestia could guide her fine since she has done this before with her friend Ryo. "I'm ready now whenever you are. Just lead the way i'll follow." Just then Hestia pulled out an item for Kimi to use saying that its going to help with fighting the Snow Beast. Kimi quickly accepted the gift with glee and thanked her while using the item. "Hope this makes fighting the beast easier." Kimi said confidently looking at her wraps.

Matriarch's Stinger received and used.

ID# 94837 results:

Loot: 17(+2)=19

Found T1 material

I nod my head with a smile as i then make my way up the mountain path that is rather difficult do to it being as annoyingly sleep and exhausting as Breaking the Unbreakable. Eventually the land flattens out after what seems like forever for myself as it opens up to a open mouth caved off to the left, and in front of that cave a singular skull upon a stick with another skull upon a stick next to it. I then walk up to them with a grin as i take one out of the ground and smacks the other with the skull part creating a reverberating echo throughout the clearing that is like a smack to a loud drum. Then their is silent nothing moving. Seemingly that having failed to do anything at all. However, the ground starts to shake as a roar that was once distant quickly becomes very close as the snow beast charges out of the cave ready to smack my as i quickly raise my shield to defend myself if need be.

It took the duo some time to reach the top of a mountain. Kimi and Noodle slipped every now and again while making their way up. They weren't expecting to be dealing with some heavy snow winds, but its not strong enough to call it a blizzard. Upon reaching the top the area they arrived at was a flat plateau full of snow. There was a cave with a skull nearby it, and without hesitation as it was rehearsed before she stuck it with a bone that was right by it. As it happened the cave echoed with the sound of a smack. At first there was nothing, but later a large grumble then roar came from the cave. Kimi brought her guard up as well as Hestia when they saw a Giant hunkering snow beast emerge from the cave. "This is it isn't it." Kimi said as she stood by Hestia. "Lets do this." Kimi attacked using her five swords ability, but ultimately missed.

ID# 94849 results:Five Swords

Battle: 2(+3) = 5 Miss

MOB: 5 Miss

<Snow Beast>  250/250HP | 160DMG | Special Ability: Partial Phase- Snow Beast will always deal a minimum of 24 damage, even through Armor and Armor Abilities.

[0]| Kimi | Level 18 | HP 360/360 | E 34/36 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 |