[PP-F3] The bull meets the hunters <<Search for the Hoya>>

He steps onto the teleporter pad on the second floor with a bored expression ready to get this quest started to end it as fast as he is able to do so as he says the simple phrase to get on with beginning this quest to prepare him for his fight with Pinball. Not going to allow himself to fall behind on that matter. Teleport Delilah. He says as he feels the familiar sensation of being teleported to the next floor as he looks around seeing mostly the same except there being a mixture of elven creatures along with humans within the main settlement. Which means he is on the correct floor if his memroy is serving him correctly. With such a thought he gets off the teleport pad and then makes his way out of the town of Delilah to fight the Hoya that resides within its labyrinth. A interesting concept for certain, but rather confusing on why it would be here instead of on the more appropriate greek floor. That fact making him curious if the game generates these floors before the completion of them rather then all at once like players are assuming.

@Pinball

Edited by Mars
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball shouldered his spear with a heavy sigh. Training was rough. What with his duel with Mars fast approaching, Pinball couldn't really afford to slack. Mars always seemed to be one step ahead of him, and the cost of his fishing skill was really holding him back. Maybe I shouldn't have made such an early investment, the fisherman thought hopelessly. It didn't help him he had the unlucky tendency to fish up the most ridiculous monsters... that nearly always put up a deadly fight. Pinball stepped onto the teleporter, his spear supporting him as a walking stick. Today, he would be hunting the Minotaurs of Floor 3. He had heard from his guildmates about the quest, and Pinball figured it would give him a one-up on Mars... if the man hadn't already taken the quest by himself. Mars was a notoriously fast worker. Pinball spawned in on the third floor, just in time to see it - Mars, heading out the city. "Oi!" Pinball ran off the pad, hefting his spear in one hand as he ran after his rival. "Damn it, why is it you're always one step ahead of me?

Player Stats n Stuff: 

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 17 | HP: 340 | EN: 34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 4
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• <<Empty>>

He hears someone call out to somebody and normally he would ignore it. However, this was the person that had given him this damn curse of facing mobs, and also the person of which he will have to duel at some point in the future. He turn around and spots what he figured it was the man known as Pinball right away he just glares at the person wishing he could punch him without suffering the consequences of being put in a jail by the guards. Do you have any idea what you have done. I had to fight a bear that knows karate, and a bear that was wearing a American flag, AND Sunglasses. Whose name was the All American Bear! Who used Taekwando on me to kick me on the head. He says clearly angered and frustrated at having to face such enemies as he glares at the fisherman. What kind of black magic ritual did you do to give me such enemies. he says finally calming down after that and takes a deep breathe. Also i'm one step ahead do to my ability of wishing to make sure i'm adequately prepared for our duel Pinball. I am level eighteen after all and after hits quest level nineteen. he says with a grin on his face.

Pinball stopped dead in his tracks, completely caught off guard. It was Mars, after all. He angrily explained to Pinball what he had gone through, and Pinball froze, dumbstruck. For a moment, it was as if everything what as a stand still. Then, Pinball burst out laughing, tears rushing down his face. The hysterical boy could hardly breathe, and he leaned against his staff, gasping for air. At times he attempted to speak, but all that could be heard was nearly incomprehensible gibberish about bears and america through his laughter. Pinball stood up again, still chuckling, noting the difference in their levels. It was a subtle difference, but was one that was definitely there. Mars always seemed to be a step ahead of him. "Actually," Pinball replied through giggles, still thinking about the bear, "I'm nearly level eighteen. After this quest, I should be a level behind you." He leaned in close, a lazy yet devilish smile crossing his face. "And that, my friend - why, that's a gap that can be closed quite quickly." He stood up straight again, seperating himself from the man. Returning to his normally goofy tone, Pinball spoke. "Well, since I'm here, I know how much you love fishing with me. What say we... we do the thing, and then come back and fish for a bit? Maybe we'll meet a new enemy, yeah?

He only frowns even more glaring at this person for laughing at his torture of having to deal with such enemies his fists tightening even more at this, but eventually he hears the man speak once more about the level difference and just grins with a shrug. Doesn't matter how fast you go as long as we do activities together i'll always remain a step ahead Pinball. basic functionality of a game. Now then come on a Hoya needs to be killed and found. Not in that order though. he says as he continues making his way out of the town once more wearing his assassin garb with the hood up as he continues his way out of the town. At hearing the fishing opportunity he nods his head not minding that thought since it would just mean some free loot between here and the enemy. That is fine with me Pinball fishing for enemies and loot is always appreciated to try and get as much as is possible. he says with a grin. However, if this somehow strengthens you curse i will find some way to get back at you. he says in a deathly serious manner. Not even knowing how ridiculous these mobs could get.

Pinball was still smiling, but he was no longer laughing. Mars didn't seem to get the humor of the situation as Pinball did. Mars told him he'd always be a step ahead of him, and Pinball couldn't help but believe him. There really was no hope for the fisherman, was there? Pinball jogged up to Mars, forcing a smile. "You dress like a player killer," Pinball noted playfully, in regards to the armour Mars wore. He hadn't said anything beforehand, but Pinball wanted to have a conversation as they walked. He shrugged, twirling his spear around. "We're gonna get that juicy loot for sure." He followed Mars, looking here and there anxiously. He laughed, giving Mars a sly look. "Who knows? Maybe I did curse you. Maybe I've been an AI all along; just some side experiment for the sick bastards that made this game." Pinball swiped his menu open, checking the floor map. "So, uhh... You have any idea where the labyrinth is? I've got no idea where I'm going. I'll follow your lead, though." He swiped his menu closed. "We'll get this done quick."

I dress as i do so to make sure nobody learns who i am if i manage to slip up anywhere along the designs of what i wish to do during my time of being trapped within this game. If nobody can know my name or identity then when i walk among them showing my normal self then they can't persecute me for such. That is why i wear the clothing i do right now, and it adds the nice effect of beign light weight and easily maneuverable to keep me able to dodge the attacks i do. he says calmly to his companion bypassing the player killer comment since that is the issue he would prefer not to gain, but is prepared encase some idiotic noob tries to pick a fight he shouldn't, or if their are player killers that need to be put down. Also i'm certain you're not some AI since i can be a step ahead of you. I would think AIs would be more focused on being weak enough to be glossed over, but having all the power in reality. He says calmly to his companion and then pokes him in the chest. Their is also the fact you feel, and act like a normal human...well normal being a relative term anyway. he says  with a smirk and a joking tone.

"Ooh, super secret," Pinball grinned, putting a hand in his pocket, his other gripping his spear/walking stick. "I guess that's fair, actually," he mumbled, looking down at the assortment of leather pieces strapped to his body. He looked a bit shabby, to be sure. As if somebody took a chesplate, cut out everything but the bare minimum, and made them strap on to his torso. Once he reached Tier-Two, Pinball decided he would try to get a proper set of armour. At the very least, somettohing that looked more impressive than what he wore now. Pinball laughed along as Mars gave him his reasons for Pinball not being an AI. "Normal being a relative term," he echoed, grinning. He looked around him, and repeated his question. "You... you do know we're going, right? I really don't have an idea." Pinball once again thought to what his familiar would look like. Mars already had one, and so Pinball was certain that he had to have one, too. Just to keep up. 

He calmly walks out of the town and starts making his way towards the wavering mist forest with a calm look as he hears your uncertainty and rolls his eyes ever so slightly. Of course i know where i am going Pinball the distance towards the location however is unknown, and their is really no way to say if we could get side tracked by the famously known huge spiders that lurk within this forest. However, they seem to be weaklings since i managed to beat one such spider while i was last here. They are nothing to worry about in my opinion. He says to his comrade as my familiar lights up the flames along its body to illuminate the mist that is trying to make it more difficult to see further ahead. Do you go on quests with no information before hand? he questions.

#95257  LD:9

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

"Well, if you say so," Pinball nodded, following Mars. As they walked Pinball soaked in the scenery, blown away not for the first time how much detail and hard work had gone into making such a game. Even if he hadn't been trapped in here, Pinball would probably have ended up spending most of his time in the virtual reality. "Spiders are spooky," Pinball replied absentmindedly, still looking around. Pinball shrugged, smiling, when Mars asked if he went in without any information. "Well, I usually get my guildmembers to brief me before I do anything. I try to avoid doing anything overly difficult by myself." Pinball shrugged again, believing that even without Mars, he'd probably be able to take on the minotaurs. Especially with the gear he had now, and his spear, he was no longer incapable of dealing damage. He was slowly making his way up, too, and he'd soon be at Stryder's level. Pinball started to whistle, not paying much attention to his surroundings anymore. "I guess I'll start keeping my eye out. For some kind of... labyrinth, yeah?

He rolls his eyes at his comrades inability to seemingly prepare himself efficiently for these quests, so that leaves himself to brief him on the matter of the quest. First it will look more like a stair case leading into the ground with a stone infrastructure around it to try and make it painfully obvious to the players where it is. However, since it is based on a myth about a ever changing labyrinth they also made it probably difficult to find in some manner. He says in a calm tone of voice as the duo walks through the forest as the mist slowly starts getting thicker and thicker to reduce visibility of the surroundings. And here is the added difficulty in trying to find the labyrinth it seems like. he says in a calm tone while looking around for the entrance, and as he does so the mist starts parting rather quickly as rather then finding the structure it forms right in front of them. The stone jutting out of the ground and the dirt being parted away to reveal the entrance to the labyrinth. Well here it is i guess lets head on in. He says in a calm tone of voice.

#95268 LD:18 @Pinball

Edited by Mars

Pinball nodded, soaking in what Mars had to say. He felt the need to add something to it, just to show he understood. "I remember reading about the mythology behind the whole thing back in middle school." Pinball was a bit anxious as mist suddenly filled the forest, but he couldn't decide to fall back now. He shook his head, then began to look for the labyrinth himself... only to hear Mars announce that he had found it already. "Oh," he said simply, taking into consideration how quick they had found it. "Well, I guess we got lucky?" Pinball held his spear against his shoulder, took a step forward, then stopped. The entrance was very dark. For all he knew, there could be a trap in there. "Do you think there's some kind of trap? I don't want to walk in, and like, fall to my death or get squished by the walls or something. Wouldn't be the ideal way to go out, in my opinion." Pinball looked between Mars and the shadowy entrance nervously, then realized something. "Oh! Can't your familiar light up the passage? Kinda like a torch?" His gaze rested on the little liger that followed Mars around. 

He nods his head at Pinball's idea of how his familiar can be a guide as he gesture for his liger to go and lead the way as it lets out a huff of a curled flame upwards as it then goes towards the entrance of the tomb and then it flares its fire hot. The area becoming lit up as far as the halls as it lays at the bottom as Mars quickly starts walking down the stairs as the Liger goes towards the right, and he follows the familiar figuring you will just follow it, and himself to try and find this Minotaur within this labyrinth. So then when we get to face the Minotaur i would like to see you beat the beast on your own. I am fairly certain you have the damage output to be able to do so if level recommendations and such are anything to go by. He says in a calm tone of voice as he travels along with his familiar as himself and his familiar are looking for the beast before the item that is supposedly within this place.

Pinball followed Mars down the dark path, clutching his spear anxiously. "By... by myself? What the hell will you be doing?" It was intended to, but it didn't sound as if Pinball was annoyed. His voice betrayed more than a bit of nervousness. He forced a shrug and a smile, trying to hide the anxiety. "How.. how strong is this thing supposed to be?" He trusted Mars, to an extent. He was a player he'd gotten the closest to so far, and that was something very valuable. He could rest easy knowing Mars would help him out if things got rough. Though, by the sound of it, Mars was implying that the monster wasn't even that tough to begin with. If that was the case, why hadn't Pinball undertaken the quest sooner? It would have been much more fun with a group of players, he figured, but fun didn't mean survival. He shrugged again, a habit that had gotten worse since the beginning of SAO, and then jumped, realizing he hadn't paid attention to where they were going. "This is a labyrinth... should we pay attention to where we walk? I don't wanna get lost in a hole like this," he muttered, tapping his knuckles against one of the walls. 

He looks over to his ally who seems very obviously nervous as he rolls his eyes at that as he glances towards his familiar who nods and continues leading the pack as Mars recognized that Vereox was wishing to attack the nervous pup that is you. The enemy is pitifully weak that even a simple level five tank and DPS could go in and destroy it very quickly. With us being level twenty almost well you can do the math i am certain. he says with a dismissive wave as the two continue walking just following the familiar that is lighting up the way in the labrynth the sound of thundering footsteps echoing at all times throughout the labyrinth, Those are the Hoya's are Minotaur's whatever this game calls them. they are searching for us to try and hunt and kill us. However, they don't expect us being stronger then them which will be their downfall. he says in a calm tone of voice as he travels.

As you mention getting lost he chuckles at that and looks to his companion. You see that is true, and if this follows the myth the labyrinth is always changing anyway so we could be trapped here forever, or escape within moments. Just depends on how lucky we get. he says rather bluntly knowing they are more so trying to find the item which the quest will then force the mob to appear if it doesn't find them before then.

Pinball was a bit reassured by Mars telling him the monster was week. He wasn't, however, so happy with the fact that they could be lost in here forever. That would suck. "Let's hope we get lucky, then," he chuckled, now trying to pay as much attention to where they were going as possible. Even if it didn't help at all, it still made Pinball feel as though he was trying to do something positive. The thundering sounds of hooves were only getting closer; the Minotaur was drawing near. It would soon be time for Pinball to suck it up, and attack. "How many of them are there?" he whispered quickly, jogging up closer behind Mars, checking behind him every now and then. "They're getting close." If there were more than one, he'd be able to off them both, if they were as weak as Mars said they were. The both of them were well above Level 5, after all, with Mars only being a single level above him. He would catch up soon, and especially after finishing this quest. He would soon have to accept as well the fact that he wouldn't have a chance to surpass Mars if he didn't try and do things for himself. He was relying too heavily on his guild and Mars, and for an introverted, rather self-conscious boy such as Pinball, that made him feel even worse about himself. He gripped his spear tightly, with both hands, listening to the unseen monster draw even more closer. 

yes they are getting closer which means soon you will have to fight the two beasts that wish to claim our lives. I wish you luck in that regard since i am confident they won't be any trouble at all to fight. he says with a chuckle as the tow thundering hooves start sounding like loud gunshots till from both in front and behind a loud crashing sound is heard as dust picks up off a wall that has cracks on it. Soon after glowing red eyes from both ends of the halls along with a loud roar of anger is heard and out steps from both ends bull men like the minotaurs wearing steel plated armor and holding sword and shields. The creatures glaring daggers at the two of us. Mars just gives them passive looks before looking at you. Well don't mess up now Pinball it is your life at stake i'm not getting involved in this fight. he tells his companion plainly as he goes off to the side and sits down. Soon after both beasts with a thundering charge comes at us both of them twenty four feet away from us.

As the monsters approached, Pinball grit his teeth and gripped his spear. It was now or never. Mars took a seat behind him, so it was up to Pinball to defeat the minotaurs. Still a little upset that Mars was making him do it by himself, and that he had agreed to do it by himself, Pinball rushed the monsters, his spearhead glowing with the activation of a sword art. He leapt forward, striking one Minotaur solid against the chest - then, pushing himself off towards the second, his attack was intercepted by the Minotaurs' blade. Neither monster made a move to attack him... yet. Pinball was pushing his luck. "Damn it! What a waste of energy," the boy spat, glaring at the mobs before him. Judging from the substantial amount of damage he had done to the monster he had hit, the fight wouldn't be nearly as difficult he had expected it to be. If he was lucky, the fight would be over in the next turn... granted he didn't mess it up somehow. 

-Combat- 

Pinball activates Trip Expand (AoE) 

6*6 = 36 DMG 

- 12 EN

ID# 95365 - Hoya Minotaur 1: BD: 5+3 = 8 (Hit) MD: 5 - 3 = 2 (Miss) 

• 36 DMG dealt to Hoya Minotaur 1 
  • Minotaur 1 misses.

ID# 95366 - Hoya Minotaur 2: BD: 1 (Miss) MD: 2 (Miss) 

• Pinball misses. 
  • Minotaur 2 misses. 

-Enemies- 

Hoya Minotaur 1: 9/45 HP | 30 DMG 

Hoya Minotaur 2: 45/45 HP | 30 DMG 

-Players- 

Pinball: 340/340 HP | 22/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

he chuckles seeing the annoyed look upon Pinball's face which means that the reality of the situation must have hit him just at the moment of his attack which would probably explain the reason he had missed one of the beasts as both of the creatures seem rather confused by the tactic and suddenly hit to one. he just calmly watches with his familiar just lighting up the area with pure flame and fire none of the beasts looking at either the familiar or mars anymore do to you having attacked them. Now you are their sole and only target for their hatred to all players. 'Not bad, but could've been better fro certain. Even then it was not a terrible strike against the enemy. Would've been better if he had hit both of them though.' he thinks calmly to himself while leaning against a wall that he feels start to move so he gets up and walks closer towards the fight to avoid being split from his partner during the shifting walls.

The fisherman just barely managed to duck under the savage swipe of the first minotaur, spinning around, ...right into the second's slash. Probably due to his level, the attack didn't have any real life threatening damage behind it. However, it did annoy/embarrass Pinball quite a bit. He launched into Trip Expand once more, this time both attacks hitting their targets. Pinball stood in the now empty hallway, leaning on his spear. Shattered monster pixels floated away now, dissapearing into nothingness. He turned back to Mars, throwing up a thumbs up. "Yeah, that was pretty easy. Glad it's over with, now." He shrugged, tossing his spear to the side, taking a seat to catch his breath. "So... you down to go fishin?" Now that they had completed their quest, all that was left to do was fish, and that was one thing Pinball excelled at... besides having fatal encounters with the most ridiculously named monsters. Pinball laughed, thinking back to King Croaksworth. An idea came to him then. One of revenge... but that was for later. 

----------------------

-Combat- 

Pinball activates Trip Expand (AoE) 

Base - 6*6 = 36 DMG 

- 12 EN

ID# 95444 - Hoya Minotaur 1: BD: 4+3 = 7 (Hit) MD: 7 - 3 = 4 (Miss) 

• Hoya Minotaur 1 attacks Pinball - Miss 
  • Pinball attacks Minotaur 1 for 36 DMG 
  • Hoya Minotaur 1 is DEAD. 

ID# 95445 - Hoya Minotaur 2: BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 10 (Crit+2) 

• Hoya Minotaur 2 attacks Pinball - 32 DMG 
  • Pinball attacks Hoya Minotaur 2 - CRIT! 8*6 = 48 DMG! 
  • Hoya Minotaur 2 is DEAD. 

-Enemies- 

Hoya Minotaur 1: 0/45 HP | 30 DMG 

Hoya Minotaur 2: 0/45 HP | 30 DMG 

-Players- 

Pinball: 308/340 HP | 10/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

Edited by Pinball