[PP-F5] Feeding The Enemy (Daeron, Miaki) (Complete)

Daeron entered another tavern with his closest friend, Miaki. When Daeron offered to purchase a drink for the two there was something that stopped him. He looked across the room to see a person. The name was green, but displayed no health bar. An NPC. "Miaki... isn't that an NPC infobroker? Let's check it out." he said walking towards the person. "Halt. You mustn't get closer. I desire no need to speak with you... but, I see you are hungry for information child. I musn't say anything, but I shall as there is no punishment for sharing such info." the person said.

Daeron looked at Miaki to confirm silently with him that this person was indeed strange. He then looked back at the person to hear him or her... not sure what it really is. "On this floor... yes the golden wasteland... a desert you might call it... contains a monster you seek... No. Not a monster to fight, but one to feed... do this and you and the beast will form a companionship like no other..." the person said as they walked away. Once they turned the corner, they vanished.

Miaki saw the NPC disappear before their eyes. "Well that was a little unexpected." He looked around the tavern seeing no sign of the NPC. "This is sort of like when I was on this floor a while back with Keith. That was when I got my falcon Silverwing."

Daeron looked at Miaki. "Wait, are you saying he wants me to get a pet? I swear I said no pets for me. However if this pet is actually really cool I'd love it. Perhaps cooler than you're flying rat. Just kidding, I love <>, it's a cool bird." he said as he patted Miaki's back. "Well, time to head into the desert my friend." he said as he left the tavern.

It wasn't until the two players later walked into the desert they realized that Daeron never actually bought those drinks. Promising to get the drinks later, he saw in the distance that there was a red figure floating in the sky. Following the figure, was a loud screech that didn't actually sound like an average bird. "Hmmm what the hell is that?" he asked Miaki to see if he can make out what the floating figure is.

"Flying rat? I don't think so." He replied clearly not amused. As they walked out into the desert the scorching hot sun beamed down on them. Miaki looked up at the hot light source floating overhead. "Although its a nice change of pace from the other floors, this place his hot as hell. The only other place I can compare it to is the time I was visiting Arizona."

At the sound of a loud screech, Miaki grabbed the brim of his hat and squinted his hardest. "Is that a vulture of some sort? I'm having a hard time discerning it." Silverwing flew close by and made a similar screech. "Stay close Silverwing, we don't know what that is."

Daeron realized that Silverwing's screech was nearly identical to the figure in the sky. "I think that's a bird. But how do I know if that's the "monster" I'm supposed to go after? I don't even know what meal I should eat for breakfast." he said letting out a slight chuckle. He waved his hand forward to signal Miaki to follow. "Also, since you have a "pet"... say, how do you "feed" these things? Especially if their flying so damn high?"

Miaki glanced at Silverwing who flew close beside the two players now. "Hmmmm? How do I feed Silverwing? Well sometimes I feed him, sometimes he catches his own food." Silverwing landed on Miaki's right shoulder. "Now how I got him was rather easy. I found a bunch of falcons flying around and used my <> to find one that would respond to me. Silverwing here was the only one to react."

Daeron looked over at Miaki. "So, are you saying all I need is whistle? Well, where do I find one? The sooner I get this done, the easier this will be." Daeron said as he stuck out his hand to use the whistle. "If I may please, I'd like to finish this right here, right now." Daeron kept his eye on the bird that kept circling the sky like it was playing games with Daeron, as if it knew that he wanted to get close to it.

Reaching into his trench coat, Miaki pulled out a <> he drank some of the contents then passed it to Daeron nodding his head as he did. "That may not quite work in this case. I hear these things happen very differently between players. Keith found his dragon before it hatched. I can't quite remember how Zelrius got his. Maybe the quests geared for the familiar and the player in mind." He tried to focus on the beast in the distance.

Daeron sighed. "Of course, why did I have a terrible feeling that this wouldn't be this easy. Why is everything in this game so freaking difficult to accomplish for a simple object or task!?" he muttered in frustration. He then walked until he reached under the soaring avian in the sky. "Hey umm bird thing... would you like to be my pet? No? Alright fine, then I'll just force you, you freaking bird!" he said getting upset with him unable to succeed at getting a simple pet.

Miaki took back his <> seeing Daeron was too distracted with his ranting and placed it back in his pocket. "It's called an MMO for a reason bro. Haven't you ever played World of Warcraft? My dad once played a few MMOs and would tell me how tedious things could get in trying to get quests complete. He'd try and stock up on quests and take care of as many as he could that were in the same general area. Not as easy in here though."

Daeron looked at Miaki with a dumb founded expression. As if he just swore a curse on Daeron. Yeah, yeah. I know it won't be easy. I just hate that this freaking thing can fly. It's a bird what the heck is this thing supposed to do anyway? Any ideas?" Daeron asked Miaki.

Wiping the sweat from his brow Miaki crossed his arms in thought. "Well looks too big to be a falcon or hawk, it could be an eagle." Looking up Miaki got an idea. "Hey Silverwing. Trying and get that things attention and draw it towards us!"

Daeron began to get rather upset with this tedious task as he picked up some sand and threw it into the air aiming for the bird. However, just as he did so, the wind blew a rather heavy gust, launching the sand he just threw up into the air straight back into his own face. "DAMN BIRD! Get down here!" he said as his own face changed from a pale color to a pink-red color.

During Daeron's abrupt outburst Miaki gave him a perplexed look. As Daeron reached down for the sand, Miaki knew what was about to happen and hopped to the side a foot away as the sand went airborne and flew back into Daeron's face. Miaki slowly shifted back to where he originally stood while Daeron wiped the sand from his face. "Wow, real smooth right there dude. I'm pretty sure that sand isn't a very good projectile. Especially when you throw it into the wind."" Miaki's head and posture shifted from an upright position to a downcast one; almost as if the moment just now caused him to lose it. 'Did he seriously just do that?' Miaki thought to himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Daeron rubs the sand out of his eyes, removing any few tears that may have swelled in his eyes from the burning sensation. However, this gave Daeron an idea. "Miaki, I've got an idea, what is if we 'agro' the bird and maybe lure it down here? Perhaps this will work." he said as he slowly began to taunt the bird with his weapon. He then once again, picked up sand, but waited for the wind to fly in the opposite direction so he can go ahead and throw it higher up and not at his own face.

Miaki nodded approvingly. "Good idea. Let's get Silverwing to help." Looking up at the falcon flying closer to the other bird-like creature Miaki cupped his hands and shouted. "SIlverwing! Attack! Draw whatever that is closer to us!" A loud shriek was heard as the silver winged falcon rushed forward toward the creature.

Daeron gazed into the sky, watching the two flying birds fight now. As many hits that Silverwing dealt, the other bird showed no sign of weakness. "Miaki, are you seeing this?! It seems to be... Healing?" he said unsure of what's actually happening.

Miaki squinted in attempt to read it's health bar. "Are you sure? I'm having a hard time reading the health from this distance." Miaki looked between himself and Daeron. "Ummm why are we just standing here? We could be running at this thing now that it is distracted."

Daeron nodded his head, knowing he was right. So right away, Daeron ran forward at the bird and put his weapon away, seeing how he doesn't want to accidentally kill it. Instead, he ran forward quickly watching the two birds fight at just about head level now. He ran forward and jumped towards one of the birds, Silverwing. When he knocked Silverwing away, the other bird landed on the desert sand.