[PP-F01] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Kai sat in a quiet cafe sipping on a bittersweet mocha frappuccino with one shot espresso. She took in the moment, fellow patrons scattered the shop with assorted beverages or books in hand, the smell of coffee and freshly baked pastries filled the air while a soft jazz played as background music. Despite the relaxing environment Kai could feel a hum of excitement growing and pondered if it could be from her plans for the day or the half-empty caffeinated beverage that sat in front of her. Content with her visit Kai left the cafe and it’s peace to the busy streets of the first floor. The sudden change in volume and brightness gave Kai a little shock but she pushed onward into the crowds of other players, nothing was going to stop her from reaching her destination. 
 The Quest board stood up on the center of the square for all to see. Kai could feel the anxiety growing as she closed the gap between herself and the crowd gathering around the public post. Kai put all her focus on looking for the quest suggested to her by her players' handbook.

@Hestia

I walk through the town of beginnings at a relaxed pace towards the quest board for the town of beginning to see if anybody is in need of some aid on this floor. Having learned from my last visit on this floor when i had helped kairi that going their is the best place to start for looking for people in need. I look around and gaze at the buildings with my blue colored eyes as i am wearing a set of vanity clothing that consists of a blue jacket, grey shirt, and long black pants as i walk through the streets. At my side is a lion the size of a large dog walking bedside me with white fur, and black as night wings. I just continue to casually make my way through the area till i see a large amount of players gathered in the distance of which i can only assume is for the quests that are available on this floor. I nod my head and then make my way to a position to view from a distance to see if any player looks particularly confused.

A stranger's shoulder bumped into Kai just as she was getting a closer look at the board "Oh- Sorry" she stuttered. The interaction had snapped her focus from reading back to her surroundings and reminded Kai of her discomfort. She backed away from the crowd to take a breather, she hated how such minuscule things got to her and let out a huff. In an attempt to keep looking Kai approached the board from the side. Kai's focus wasn't enough to block the paranoia, she couldn't help but feel everyone's eyes on her but she persisted. Forcing her eyes to stay on the board she moved them from one quest to the next till finally, she spotted it. The beginner's quest <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> Kai quickly clicked the [Accept] button on the quest's menu and put as much distance from herself and people as she could. Looking around She spotted a bench with little to no one around it and sat down to take a breather.

I relax as i calmly watch from a distant seeing the collection of players crowded around the quest board until finally one comes out as i nod my head and sees the person move towards a bench in away from the quest board seeming a bit stressed out for one reason or the other. That is of course if the body posture is correct from what i can tell from what i have learned. I look at the girl and weighs the options in my head as i just nod my head shortly after and quickly makes my way over towards the person with a kind smile as my lion follows me as i meet the girl by the time she is at the bench for a good minute or so. Excuse me miss my name is Hestia. I noticed that you seem ab it overwhelmed might be a good word to use for the situation. If you want some help on any quest i would be happy to help. I say politely with a bow deciding to hold back build type and even guild not wishing to overwhelm the girl possibly.

The sounds of her deep breaths slowly exhaling and inhaling filled her mind as Kai relaxed. She was so focused on her meditation that she didn't hear someone approach till they spoke. The sudden realization that someone was right next to her caused Kai to jump and instinctively gasped and immediately felt bad for it. The voice sounded cute and the person it belonged to seemed nice enough. Kai smiled, the girl by the name Hestia's offer to help brightened her mood. "sure. . ." Kai felt a need to be professional and stood up to offer her a bow in return. "The name's Kai and I'd very much appreciate your help and company on my first quest."  Mid-bow she felt a blush pinken her cheeks 'Too formal?' And in an attempt to lighten the mood she lifted her head smiling with the embarrassment. Not knowing what to do with her hands she rubbed the back of her neck with a nervous chuckle.

I look to the girl and smiles hearing her accept my idea as i look at the girl known as Kai. I then see her rub the back of her neck and chuckles seeing that she does the same thing as me when i am nervous. Well come on lets get going Kai you need to meet the alchemist before you can do anything else before this quest. We can even talk along the way, or buy some food along the way if you haven't had anything to eat today. I say to Kai with a smile on my face as Kuro just looks at the girl just swishing his tail slightly as i smile happily. Seeing that Kuro is fine with the girl right away which means she should be fine, and not a danger to anyone at all in the sense of a pker. With that i then smile and looks to the girl. Come on lets get going time stops for no one let alone us trapped souls. I say with a small chuckle as i quickly make my way in the direction of the quest start unless pulled in a different direction.

Hestia's upbeat attitude was refreshing. No one was particularly rude to Kai but due to her shock from the announcement that happened on the first day inside Aincrad she hadn't been around anyone for a long time. Just the interaction with another human being was pleasant. Kai's attention was diverted from Hestia when she caught a glimpse of a large white and black creature with her perifocal vision. Looking down she couldn't believe she hadn't noticed it sooner. Beside the blue-eyed girl sat a large cat with a pure white main with a pair of midnight wings. The creature was roughly a full meter in height and in Kai's eyes, it was absolutely adorable. With a surprising amount of self-control, Kai managed not to immediately bend down and pet the exotic creature. A feeling of delight overcame her and not wanting to waste any more time she followed Hestia to the alchemist  "So what is your beautiful companion's name?" She asked smiling down at the large feline.

Edited by Sweets Is Not Enough

I walk along with the girl with a smile on my face enjoying the rather relaxing time at the moment that is being provided. Glancing back towards the groups of player at the board as i  then turn back to you hearing your question. His name is Kuro. I tell you as i look down at my familiar who is walking between the two of us being equal distant between the two of us where he could get pets from either you or i. Seemingly being totally fine with you as i chuckle at Kuro being almost out of characterly fine with this woman. I just shrug taking it for all of its worth since it is rather nice he won't bother everyone now possibly with needing to investigate them. So then Kai what quests have you done besides trying to do this one? I ask curiously to see if you have any other experience with how the game works.

"Kuro" Hestia gave her feline familiar's name. "He's a handsome fellow." Kai gave the familiar a grin, he seemed rather tame but still held an air of power with his large size. Hestia then asked a question in turn. "To be honest this is my first quest," Kai answered sheepishly "I've been kinda. . . unproductive on my own" She felt self-conscious about her lack of progress, even when she had spent an entire day in a forest gathering for materials she only managed to gather a couple flowers and a rock. "I've only just recently found my will to fight. I just hope it's enough to keep me alive." The sound of her own voice made Kai pause. "I don't mean to sound so. . . I'm just happy to finally be doing something. But uh why'd a player like yourself approach an inexperienced newb like me?"

I chuckle as Kuro seems to get a rather proud look upon his face when you call him handsome. Seems like Kuro appreciated the comment Kai. i say in a amused tone of voice as we walk through the town as i look towards the alchemist shop that is starting to come within view.  Ohh okay yeah that is understandable. This is known as the series for beginners. I say with a nod of my head at that as i then hear you continue as i give you a sympathetic look. Don't worry Kai i have been in that state before, and trust me if you can put all your effort into improving you will reach battle ready state in no time. I say optimistically. And yeah i am glad that you found the will to fight once more Kai. Also i went up to you since i wished to help you out that is all. That is kind of what i do for the most part just patrol the floors and help out when i can.

Tears poked out the corners of Kai's eyes and a lump formed in the back of her throat. Hestia was so sincere and compassionate that Kai couldn't help but get a little emotional. "yeah . . . Thank you." She managed to croak out without the tears spilling over. Kai rubbed her eyes and brushed away the sadness with a laugh " It means a lot to me that a stronger player- no a stronger person is willing to give their time and energy to someone like me. I hope to prove my worth in return." With another reassuring smile, Kai pushed back whatever dark feelings that lingered in her mind then let in the joy and excitement for her first quest to begin. As Kai's mind moved to one feeling to the next she realized she'd forgotten an important question about her superior "This may be important for later but I chose the two-handed assault spear and I still only have my starter. What weapon have you?"

(Sorry for the long wait. I'm feeling much better and work will have me on a semi-normal schedule from now on. Thank you for your patience)

I give a gentle hug to you as i see some tears start to fall with a smile on my face. Don't worry about it Kai. Their is no need to thank me for things that i do Kai. Since i don't do them to get praise or anything like that, but since i know there are people in need so its my job to try and help out as many as i can. I say in a cheerful tone of voice to the girl. When asked about my weapon i just smile and opens up my inventor and moves my hand along the menu and then click three items and hits equip. Within that moment i am covered in dark, almost black colored heavy armor that covers me from toe to neck. On the right side of the chest plate area of my armor having a silvery white moon with an archer shooting an arrow towards the center of the armor. The left side having a golden sun with a chariot coming out of it. My shield looking like a normal shield, but having the outline of a head of Medusa made in it also. Modeled after the shield that Athena uses from greek mythology. Then finally a simple one handed curved sword with the handle seemingly easily transitioning into the blade. A one handed curved sword is what i use. Alongside with being a tank. I say with a smile as we stand outside of the alchemist shop. Ready to go in?

Kai took in a breath at the feeling of Hestia's arms gentle embrace. It had come by surprise but she understood. The overwhelming feeling of wanting to reach out to someone upset or in need. At the sight of Hestia's armor, Kai's eyes grew thrice in size and her mouth made an unintelligible noise of approval. Hestia then noted that they had arrived at their destination and at that moment Kai was more than ready to begin her first quest. She took a deep breath and exhaled just before opening the door. Inside was a half shop and half laboratory that seemed to blend seamlessly like organized chaos. Several shelves with varying bottles in size and colors stacked on two of the left side walls while notes and recipes layered like a wallpaper over the right side walls. Just as Kai was about to announce their presence an aged man popped up from behind a table on the lab side. His face misshapen in the reflection of the beakers that littered the surface of the tabletop. 

I chuckle a little bit at the reaction and smile as i give you a gentle pat on the back as we both then enter the alchemist shop as i calmly wait for the old man with a smile on my face. Glad to see such a NPC every single time. Knowing that he is one of the kindest, and most encouraging people in this game even if it is just by program. Oh what do i have here an old face, and someone newer? Well then either way i am in need of some assistance if you could be oh so kind miss. I am a alchemist by trade, but i am almost out of materials. I was wondering if the two of you could help out this old man by gathering some more by the meadows that surround the town. The old man asks in a kind and happy tone of voice to the both of us as the quest prompt only appears for you to accept or decline. For myself i just nod my head and gives a thumbsup. my familiar not being inside the store as he awaits outside of it with his paws covering his nose. The stench of all the chemicalness of the shop being to much for his sensitive noise.

Hearing the elder speak with such spirit in his work and with people warmed Kai's heart making her forget that he was only an NPC. In response to the prompt, she gladly hit the 'Accept' "We'd be happy to assist you! What kind of things are you in need of?" The old man gave them a beaming grin "Wonderful!" And like a wizard from another realm began wooshing around his cluttered lab in a zigzagging pattern before stopping in front of the two adventurers. In his hand, he offered them a list of materials and ingredients he was in need of scribbled on a piece of parchment he must have had laying around. It even branded a coffee ring on the upper right corner. "I appreciate you for your hard work" After proper goodbyes, the girls made their way to the meadows. "He's a nice guy, the alchemist. He also seemed to know you pretty well. How many times have you done this quest?" Kai asked recalling how the alchemist was familiar with Hestia.

Oh lets see how many times have i done this quest? I say questioningly trying to think of all the times as i start counting them off on my fingers as i think of the names. 'Krysta, myself, Taka, that illia girl if i remember correctly, that time with Shi. probably more.' I think to myself as i count them off as i nod my head. About seven or eight times in all honesty. I say with a small chuckle at that being the truth of the matter, or at least the truth of the matter as i remember it to be. Not being a hundred percent guarantee from the fact i might mix my lesson quests up to some extent from how many i do actually help. And yeah Zachariah is like the kindest old man you will ever meet in this game in my opinion. It is actually really disappointing that he isn't a actual player since i would love to get to know him more. I say with a small pout at that.

Kai couldn't help but give Hestia a sympathetic look when she mentioned wanting to grow closer to an NPC. "Yeah" She knew the all too real truth about humanity and the darkness that lives within their hearts, Kai did what she always did when things began to feel too heavy for her and smiled. "Zachariah could exist. In the real world I mean, he must have been based on someone real. With so many NPCs the creators had to of used people in their lives to help them come up with the characters." Looking ahead Kai noticed the meadows just a short distance away. "It's like each NPC's set personality is what a creator remembered most about someone specific they've met." Realizing she might have been babbling on Kai stopped herself. "Or at least that's what might have been the case. I don't know. Just a thought haha" Kai brought her hand up to the back of her neck and rubbed it in a nervous tick.

Once out of the safety of the first village Kai equipped her weapon to her back and began her search for ingredients on the list provided by the Alchemist Zachariah. Looking over their surrounding area she quickly spotted a usable plant and added it to her inventory. 

ID: 96735  LD: 19 (Material Found)

<< 1/ 5 Materials Found >>

I smile a bit at Kai trying to improve my mood as i give the girl a one armed hug with a smile on my face. yeah i guess that is true Kai. Something to look forward to possibly even more so when we escape this game. I say with a smile on my face as i walk alongside you and sees that you spot a material right away as i am rather thankful of that fact. Knowing from myself that finding these things can somehow be as big of a pain as the nepent quest can be in trying to find a item type fro whatever reason. So then Kai what do you usually do for fun while in this game? Have any sort of activities you do between questing and eating and stuff to not be a busy bee the entire time. I ask curiously at that. Knowing there isn't any harm in asking, and there might be a likelihood of hearing a answer since she is still low leveled, and therefore would have a different mindset and experiences then myself. My familiar right away flies away from us and then lands in a spot where he can lay down and just watch us from a distance.

Kai got low to the ground to try and spot any more of the same plant while she responded to Hestia's question. "I've roamed around the eighth floor for a while, found a lake to swim in. That was when I was bored of just staying on the first floor. So I randomly chose my destination and jumped." She casually stated a suicide attempt. If she hadn't been so lucky, landing on a lower floor and strolling through one of the forests that had recently been cleared by higher leveled players she very easily could have died. But the thought had come and gone through her distracted mind and she couldn't be bothered. "After that, I realized the real way to make things happen is to do them yourself. So you kinda caught me on my first day of activism." Just as she was about to move on to another location Kai's eye caught another lone plant of use from her list. Adding it to her inventory she returned the question. "What does a skilled player like yourself like to do on your off days?"

ID:96832  LD: 12 + 1 (Search Skill Rank 1)= 13 (Material Found)

<< 2 / 5 Materials Found >>

I nods my head as i listen to what you say as my mind then mentally pauses realizing what those words mean as i my eyes widen as i look towards you. trying to find the right words to express what to say. I then just sigh and move past that knowing you're doing fine now, and that i shouldn't bring it up most likely. Well i'm glad you found out the better way of doing things Kai. And if you ever need help you can ask me and i'll be there to help you out with any quests to the best of my ability. The only problem is i can't help much with these lesson quests until it gets towards the third lesson quest because of the fact that until then it requires you to do all the looting. I tell you honestly with a small shrug of my shoulders wishing i could help, but is restricted by the game. On off days? I usually just play my guitar and wait for someone to ask me to help them out. I've been told before by a close friend that i have a problem about..umm not knowing how to relax. i say honestly remember how Itzal always tells me i have fun, but never truly just relaxes.