[PP-F01] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Kai had to pause and take a minute to take in Hestia's answer. She knew of people being classified as workaholics but hadn't known anyone to be like that, so it was hard for Kai to grasp how someone could not do something that came so easy to her. "Sounds about right. Being relaxed is . . .  just taking one day at a time... being able to let things go or    to let them be till your ready to pick them back up again." Kai took her time trying to find the right words and was satisfied with the way it came out. With every few words, she took a couple steps expanding her searched area, on her closing bit she managed to spot the third plant on her list and added it to her inventory. She was very pleased with the progress she was making, having company made the job that much easier.  

ID: 96880   LD: 14 +1 (Search Skill Rank 1) = 15 (Material Found)

<< 3/ 5 Materials Found >>

Edited by Sweets Is Not Enough

I mean i take each day as it comes toward me though. The only difference is that i try to make each day productive during my time trapped within this game. To try and make continuous progression so i can try to help out as many people as i am able to do so with. I say with a nod of my head as i look towards you explaining my point of view on the situation. Not thinking that i am working in some cases as people would call it, but just spending time with a few friends while joking around. While at the same time happening to be doing a quest together, or just gathering things to make sure we're prepared for the next few quests that could be out there to get done quickly. My familiar just gives me a look from the distance continuing to just watch us as we move about the field trying to the find the materials that are required to find for the quest.

Kai listened to Hestia and felt a pang of guilt at how unproductive she's been since being trapped in this virtual world. "Well. As long as your happy then I can't see any problem in what you do, If you'd like, maybe sometime after this we can relax or whatever again. You're a pretty cool person and I'd like to get to know you better." While talking she continued to look around for any more plants. After a few paces, Kai stopped mid-step looking under her foot she noticed she had almost squished a plant with her size 9 boot. After confirming it to be unharmed Kai added it to her inventory and suddenly winced. Her lower back muscles began to sting as they protested her bent position. She stood straight and stretched her arms up further stretching her back in line. With a quick neck swivel, she was ready to go again. "One more and we can head back!"

ID: 97001   LD: 16+ 1 (Search skill Rank 1) = 17 (Material found)

<< 4 / 5 Materials Found >>

Well i'm glad i managed to leave a good first impression with you Kai. I say with a smile on my face as i continue to see you find material after material endlessly as i grin at that knowing it will be easy to complete this quest then since you're managing to find it basically every single time you have attempted to do so. Well i can say the same for yourself though Kai you seem pretty laidback and know how to have fun unlike this workaholic. Maybe you have the ability to rub some of that off on me to teach me how to actually relax. i say jokingly towards you as we move throughout the field in search of the last material that you need to find to complete this quest. At the very least the first stage of the quest since there is still the matter of crafting a potion that the quest requires, and even then that is fairly simple on its own.

"Yeah, I am pretty laid back!" Kai laughed with Hestia and continued on with her hunt for the last plant on the alchemist's list. As she walked alongside Hestia she realized she hadn't been this happy since she was in the real world and felt grateful to Hestia and her kindness. Kai looked up just as a breeze made it's way across the meadow and causing the blades of grass to bend and flow like an ocean. She realized what she had been missing all along had been the presence of another human. Watching the meadow she happened to glance at a small bundle of plants out in the distance. With a closer inspection, she was able to confirm them to be the exact kind she was looking for. Snatching one up she looked back to Hestia with a grin "Ready to head back to our friendly alchemist?"

ID: 97020    LD: 19+ 1 (Search Skill Ranked 1) = 20 (Material Found)

<< 5 / 5 Materials Found! >>  

I smile glad that you agreed or that could've been rather uncomfortable if you took it as a insult of some type. I watch you move about the meadow and find the last material as i quickly whistle on over towards my familiar who gets up and comes on over towards my side right away as i then nods towards you. Yeah lets get going Kai. I say with a big smile on my face. I can't wait to see you take these first few steps towards improving yourself like you want to do. I say happily with a thumbs up towards the girl as i start walking back towards the town after that keeping my hands in my pockets. So then Kai do you know anybody besides myself in this game? i ask the girl curiously. Hoping that the answer is yes to that question. Not wanting such a kind girl to be totally alone in this world for one reason or the other.

A cloud rolled in over the sun, casting a temporary shadow over the meadows "Back home, I got this game with a friend to share till he could get his own. We agreed I'd go in first since this would end up being my copy. We worked so hard just to get our hands on this. . ." Kai looked down at her toes and took a second to organize her thoughts. She swallowed the lump that had formed in the back of her throat and continued "I missed him so much and was so lost without him that I was too scared to even function. Till recently I had been on auto, only doing what I needed to do to survive." Hearing the words spoken aloud made her shiver. It was the truth but that didn't make any more comfortable to say. Just as quickly as it came, the cloud moved on its way. Kai made a cough as to lighten the weight she felt in her chest. "I'm sure he's really mad at me for getting myself stuck here for so long. But that's why I'm going to level up! I'm going to be awesome and get out of this prison!" Back to her self Kai finally noticed they had arrived and were just outside of the alchemist's shop. 

I patted you on the back with a smile on my face. I think you can take the first step forward to completing this quest by yourself now Kai. Help that old man by giving him the materials, and he will tell you the rest of what you need to know. I tell her with a smile on my face as i push Kai into the shop very gently and then waits outside of it encase she asks me to help her with the second lesson quest, or any other quest. Not wishing for her to be left alone if she truly wishes for help. I glance towards my St.Bernard sized lion with wings nuzzling against me as i pet him with a smile enjoying the time with my familiar always. Especially since he has become very affectionate as he got use to the feeling of being love and pet by myself and other familiars in general. I grin happily at that as i wait to either hear instant success or explosions.

Confidence shined in Kai's eyes as she opened the shop's door, "I'm back!" she announced herself informally. Like before she found Zachariah deep in his work, surrounded by notes and samples. "My goodness! returned so soon?" The aged alchemist raised a magnifying glass from his face and met her in the middle of the shop. "Turns out I'm a pretty good finder!" Kai gave him a friendly grin before opening her inventory to summon the materials to her hand. As she tried to hand them over to Zachariah a question came to her. "What will you make with these?" she asked mildly curious about the alchemist's intention. The alchemist gave Kai a smirk, something that seemed out of character for such a kind old man. "Would you like to find out?" Before she could answer he made his way to one of the lab tables with ready potion crafting set up. As she approached the table a menu popped up different from her usual one. Zachariah gave her some instructions on it and told her to try it out. Not wanting to be rude Kai did her best in replicating the steps he had given her. With a perfect success, He congratulated Kai and gave her the potion as a reward and took the remaining materials. Kai gave her thanks and made her way back to Hestia with a grin she met her friend outside the shop. "Want to keep me company for the next one? You could be good luck for me!"

ID: 97578    CD: 11 (Perfect Success) 

<<1 Perfect healing potion crafted>>

I wait outside the shop calming petting my familiar as i take my sword and throws it like a javelin as my familiar chases after it playing fetch, but with only my sword my familiar bringing it back every single time as i grin rather happily. Knowing that in theory this would look like a game to pass the time, and it was but it also served another function. The two's blinding combo for the sword art rising sun where i throw my sword up for Kuro to catch to blind the enemy for me encase the creature is bigger in the sens of me being unable to hit the creature's eyes at all. After a bit i don't hear a explosion at all which means that you must've succeeded which is followed by you coming out of the shop as kuro lands in front of my dropping my sword at my feet as i pick it up and sheathe it once more. Yeah i'm up for helping you out with the next one also Kai. I say with a happy smile on my face.

Kai barely caught a glimpse of her companion and their familiar's game. It brought a puzzled look on her face. "Yeah, I'm up for helping you out with the next one also Kai," Hestia said smiling back at her. This changed Kai's expression to a happy one. "Awesome!" she exclaimed with a light jump and her right arm in the air. Kai took the lead as she assumed she knew where to go. Players and NPCs scattered the street, going in and out of shops, standing or walking in groups chatting about their day or recent gossip. The surroundings were just enough to excite kai and not stress her out. As they approached a cafe the smell of grilled meat filled the air, it's sign brandished a boar giving a thumbs up and wearing an apron implying it was a barbeque themed restaurant. At that moment Kai remembered the only thing she had eaten since she'd woke up was a coffee and small pastry. A low grumble noise came from her abdomen and Kai blushed sheepishly.