PP-F6) Whispers of the Forest (Itz,Jon/Joan, Morzan)

Spoiler

Image result for jaune arc symbol

BATTLE STATS

Battle Stats: 
Level: 59 - 276 SP
1270  HP
118 Energy
+0 Accuracy
-1 Evasion
16 Base Damage
151 Mitigation
64 Battle Healing
+42 Thorns
+1 Paralyze
+1 Taunt
+6 Heavy Momentum

Equipped Items:
» «White Edged Blade» (+9 DMG) (Tier 3, One Handed Curved Sword)
» «White Edged Aegis» (+21 Thorns, +1Paralyze, +1 Taunt) (Tier 3, Shield): 
» «White Edged Protector» (+21 Thorns, +6 Heavy Momentum) (Tier 3, Heavy Armor)
» *«Dimensional Backpack» (+1 Battle Ready Inventory extra slot)
» *«Darksteel» (+81 Mitigation) (Tier 3, Protector Familiar)
» *«Darksteel Pendant» (Tier 3, Vanity Trinket)

Skills
Rank 5 - One-Handed Curved Sword (+5 DMG)
Rank 5 - Block (+25 MIT)
Rank 5 - Heavy Armor (+35 MIT) -------------------------------------------------------------> Mod: Stonewall (+45 HP, +10 MIT, 25% DoT reduced) / Athletics: +45 HP, +1 DMG
Rank 5 - Battle Healing (5% of Max HP per turn)---------------------------------------> Mod: Emergency Recovery (Upon 25% HP, Recover 10%) 
Rank 0 - Howl <<10 EN Cost>> (+3 Hate) -------------------------------------------------> Mod: Focused Howl <<8 EN Cost>> (+5 Hate)

E - Rank 0 - Survival (Immune to Environmental Effects, 45 HP recovered Out of Combat)
E - Rank 0 - Meditation (Inactive)
E - Rank 3 - Protector Familiar (+81 MIT)

-Present-

The blond finished his stretching routine on the outskirts of Floor 6. He had been waiting for Itzal for a only a few minutes. After the last quest, they had decided to take a break a few hours before dark. Jonathan mostly just needed to restabalize his own emotions. Even after Rin shut the door leaving him out, his feelings hadn't abated whatsoever. He felt like a lost dog, wandering about with no purpose or a person t call his own. With meditation, he had managed to calm himself down emotionally enough to continue the quests. He had spent a bit the previous night spending SP, and now he had another Mod. Emergency Recovery. It practically just gave him an extra 10% HP for free. He checked his equipment a final time as he waited for Itzal and Velnia. 

-Last Night-

As Fearx mentioned attacking Morgenstern, Chaos sighed distastefully. "You are indeed correct. I myself could probably get him to do so with my presence. He doesn't exactly like me" He chuckled but it was short lived. He looked over to FearX. "I have a problem with Morgenstern though. I have yet to mention to you, or anybody for that matter. While we are here alone, I might as well mention it. During my wife and I's relationship, she told me her real name. Penelope Morgenstern. It isn't a common name, and the two have a remarking resemblance for each other. Blue eyes, blond hair, the fierce look they have when they are fighting. I might just be forcing dots to connect that aren't there. She told me she never knew her father, and had no siblings" He looked for a second towards the wall, deep in thought.

-Current-

Morzan stood on the Twentieth floor, his weapon hanging from his back as he stood with arms crossed in front of the teleport pad. He awaited for Joan to arrive. He hadn't been joking, and wouldn't stay if she was too late. Secretly, he was glad he got the youngest of the Virtues. Younger people always seemed to be kinder and less judgemental. He wore his black armor, which gave him a dark knight look that complimented his black hair. 

@Itzal

Spoiler

General
Level: 70
HP: 1,430
Energy: 140

DMG: 16 (base 1 damage + 9 dmg (Velnia) +5 sword skill +1 Athletics)

SP Available:  0

Total SP:  366

Usual Setup

Yakimba (+2 Bleed +2 Paralysis Tier 2)

Niger Natio  (+3 evasive Tier 2)
Beauty Incarnated  (+3 Accuracy Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Looting Setup

Twilight Cloak  (+3 LD Tier 1)
Faithkeeper  (+3 Accuracy Tier 2)
Skyreach  (+3 Col Multiplier Tier 1)

-------------------------------------------

Skills: 

Grandmaster one handed straight sword (+5 DMG) <50 sp>

Grandaster light armor (+25 MIT) <50 sp>

Grandmaster Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>

Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>

Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>

Velnia (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>

Grandmaster Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>

Grandmaster Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>

Mods:

Reveal (+2LD when searching for dungeons or players.  Dungeons rolled for every 15 posts rather than 20) <9 sp>

Detect (+1 to dungeon searching, +3 to player, npc, mob searching, all player stealth bonuses are negated) <9>
Night Vision (Ignores any penalties from low light or darkness, as well as negating others stealth bonuses from it) <5>

Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Tracking: Allows the player to track another player or monster down by entering their name if the name is known to the player. This negates the targets hiding bonuses and when hunting monsters, guarantees a hit regardless of BD roll, though still requires to roll for a critical. Tracking takes a post action. <12>
Athletics: +1 dmg +10 * tier HP

Extra/locked Skills: 

Meditation 0 ranks

Survival <3 sp>

Disguise (when activated, turns Itzal into his opponent, giving him +1 BD and his opponent -1 BD during Itzal's and the opponent's turn.  can only be used every 12 turns

Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

Mithril:  3 T1  <>  T2  =  7  <>  T3  =  2

Profession:  Rank 3 Performer  <>  473 Exp

Itzal and Jonathan had been clearing the dragon hunter anthology quests and were now on the latter half of the quests.  The next floor they were headed to now was floor six...  Which was ironically the floor Itzal most dreaded.  The female npc's didn't swarm him anymore and now acted like normal since they had fought and killed the Cupid..  Oh gosh that was like a year ago.  It just hit Itzal how long they've been in this game.  However there was one npc who seemed to have liked Itzal despite the death of the cupid.  And when he arrived at the spawn point said npc got excited and rushed over to give him a hug.  Itzal sighed as he did not have much time for this but before he could say anything, she lifted up his left hand and began to bounce up and down.  "You're getting married?!  You're getting married!"  Itzal was shocked at first but then got her to calm down, scanned the area to double check that nobody else was here.  He was the first to arrive.  "Look could you keep it down?  We're trying to keep it low for the moment."  Valarie giggled and nodded.  Itzal sighed, this was going to be a looooong day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fearx listened to Chaos now that they were alone, and it seemed that the man had a serious grudge against the boy, if his reaction was anything to go by.  Chaos confirmed that he could indeed have Morgenstern going berserk just by his presence which made this entire scenario easier, but there was more to it.  And unless he had all the details things may turn out worse for them.  He listened to Chaos as he talked about his wife, and when he mentioned her full name Fearx blinked.  He brought his hands up to his lower face and folded them together as he thought and listened.  Chaos mentioned how he made the connection swiftly but honestly there could be two ways this information would lead.  "Blood or Marriage?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Joan of arc.jpg

Fox.jpg

Joan/Humility (AOE DPS)
Total SP: 185
Used SP: 185
Level 46
HP: 950 (with overhealth and athletics buff)
EN: 84
DMG: 21 (no additions) 26 (with charge) 32 (with charge and buff)
MIT: 72 (no consumables) 126 (with buff)
ACC: 2
Keen: 3
ABS. ACC

Equipment:
Weapon: Holy Guidance > Abs. Accuracy, 2 Accuracy- A black handled katana with a red blade that glows white when absolute accuracy is activated.
Armor: Purity > 3 MIT- A red, black and pink Samurai suit.
Trinket: Divine Influence > 3 Keen- A red ribbon she weaves through her hair.
Dimensional Backpack: +1 inventory slot

Damage potion (+6 dmg)
Mitigation potion (+54 MIT)
Antioxidants (negates 1st status effect)
Overhealth (+100 hp)

Skills:
R - 1 Curved Sword -
R - 5 Katana - 8 dmg
R - 5 Charge - +5 dmg
R - 3 Fighter Familiar - 6 dmg
R - 3 Heavy Armor - 18 MIT
Survival: - -
Disguise: - -

Mods: Ferocity: 1 dmg
Precision: 1 accuracy
Athletics: 1 dmg +30 hp

Joan was prepped and ready to meet with Morzan, whatever he had planned for today.  She wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the trip but she didn't have much choice either.  Joan made sure her equipment was set and turned to Mark, her white fox familiar, stayed close by her side.  The familiar was a shy one, but he was very helpful during combat.  It was kind of odd.  Mark was only shy and nervous whenever he was not in combat.  She knelt down and rubbed his head between the ears with a smile.  "Come on Mark, let's go see Morzan."  With that she went into the teleport pad and warped to the twentieth floor.  When she arrived she breathed in the fresh air, glad to actually be out of the cavernous floor...  Or more accurately the dim, grim, and depressing castle that Chaos and the seven sins owned.  Well make that six sins.  After warping she spotted Morzan, standing tall and proud in all his arrogance as usual.  She shifted from the face of a child to one of maturity in an instant, and walked over to him with her right hand resting on one four swords.  "Well then Morzan?  What did you have planned for today?"  Mark made sure to hide behind Joan's legs, peeking between them only to hide yet another time.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan waited casually for the man, and within time he would see the man rounding one of the buildings. A familiar yellow-cursored girl followed in tow behind him. 'Valarie' He sighed. Last time, the girl NPC followed them all the way through a dungeon. She managed to take the final hit for them, but the rest of the way was an endless drag. Luckily, they weren't taking on any annoying dungeons, just a small boss. The girl was shouting something, words that Jonathan couldn't understand from this distance. He jogged forward, managing to hear Itzal tell her to keep it low. Confused, Jonathan was the first to speak. "Hey Itzal. Valarie," He said. Jonathan was beginning to gain Skill points he didn't know what to with. His tanking skills were finally done, leaving him to just gain skill points without actually needing them. Maybe, he could begin a scout career now. Getting some extra loot bonuses. "Being on this floor reminds me of work unfinished. That Dwarf Side quest always intrigued me" 

Chaos would watch as FearX would become seemingly more intrigued with the idea. Once he was finished with his words, the other man would ask a simple question. Blood or Marriage. "I have honestly no clue. It could be nothing. As far as I know, neither know of the other. They could be completely separate entities. It is just an odd occurrence. As for now it seems to be completely unrelated, though perhaps someday I could use it more to my advantage" He would relax back into his chair and then ask, "So, back to what you were saying. How may I get Morgenstern berserk enough, without making it seem like my fault. He knows my face, and would probably attack me. How could I channel that to effect the entire battle?" 

Spoiler

Image result for Jecht

Image result for inugami

Morzan/Pride (DPS)
Total SP: 189
Used SP: 189
Level 47
HP: 1040
EN: 94
DMG: 16(Un-buffed) 22 (Buffed) 24 (with charge) 27 (with charge and buff)
MIT: 72 (no consumables) 126 (with buff)
Thorns: 20
Paralyze: 8-10
Phase
ACC:3

Equipment:
Weapon: Oblivion Blade > 1 Phase, 2 Paralyze - A very large black Two-Handed Straight Sword with more blunt force than a cutting edge.
Armor: Guard of the Damned > 3 MIT- A black and silver metal covering for his arm in which he uses to block and absorb most attacks.
Trinket: Death's Gaze > 3 ACC- A blood red band around his forehead that keep his hair out of his eyes and provides focused attacks.
Dimensional Backpack: +1 inventory slot

Buffs
Damage potion (+6 dmg)
Mitigation potion (+54 MIT)
Overhealth (+100 hp)
Immolate Potion (+20 Thorns)

Inventory

5x T2-Perfect HP Potions (240 HP)
1x T1-Perfect Teleport Crystal

Skills:
R - 5 Two Handed Straight Sword - 8 dmg
R - 5 Charge - +5 dmg
R - 3 Fighter Familiar - 6 dmg
R - 3 Heavy Armor - 18 MIT
Survival: - -
Disguise: - -

Mods: Ferocity: 1 dmg
Precision: 1 accuracy
Athletics: 1 dmg +30 hp

Morzan watched as a flash of blue signaled a teleport. A young girl with a stern look and a familiar at her heels. Was it a fox? He didn't know for sure. It was small and seemed to be shy. The young girl would step forward to him and asked what he had planned. He gave her a smile, relieved to be out of the eye of Fyre and the rest of the Sins. "I say we can do some hiking for now. I would like to visit the edge of the world" He chuckled, knowing it wasn't what the girl would have expected from him. He wasn't going to fight her until later. The day here was beautiful, and not to be wasted. A silver pelted wolf would make his way and sit in front of Morzan. It made no noise as it walked a ghostly wisps came off of it. Those intact with Japanese cultre would understand the being, especially after hearing the name. It was an Inugami, a spirit. Its name was Inu. 

@Itzal

Itzal heard Jonathan approach and looked over, waving at him.  "Hey Jonathan.  How are you doing?"  Valarie seemed to remember Jonathan as well, and also seemed to be happy to see him too.  She giggled and waved.  "Hii!  Welcome back!~"  Itzal walked over to his friend and listened as he mentioned the Dwarven mission of them.  Itzal nodded and sighed.  "Same man.  But where do we go next?  I haven't found any other clues other than-  Oh, yeah!"  Itzal pulled the golem mechanic out of his pocket.  The same one that Jonathan had given him and held it out for him to see.  Valarie came closer to look at it.  "I fixed it.  And I messed with the systems on the thing so that it will work for us now...  Either the system allows players to mess with mobs and floor stuff, or I hacked it, either way it's on our side now.  Which would be awesome to have.  And speaking of Dwarven things, I found a structure of theirs.  Basically they have a massive elevator underground, that takes them from floor to floor.  Unfortunately, whatever floor is locked to us is locked on the elevator as well."

Fearx listened as Chaos informed him that he wasn't actually sure.  He thought carefully about that before nodding to him.  "Interesting.  And it will mainly be useful in that it will 'encourage' the Ascendants to focus their attacks on us more than before.  Or at least the paladins.  If we start the fight, then they've lost, simple as that.  Also I'd like your thoughts on something..  Have you heard rumors about that player with the two swords?"

Joan wasn't sure what she should have expected, but she certainly didn't expect...  This.  Still it was a welcome difference and she smiled to him with a nod.  Mark seemed extra nervous when a wolf, a predator he usually avoided, was with Morzan.  Joan knelt down and held her hand out, allowing the small fox to leap into her arms and she stood straight once more, holding the little familiar like a mother would a child.  The familiar was clearly nervous and scared and she did her best to comfort him.  "As you wish Morzan.  Let's head out then shall we?"  She walked along with him and glanced at the wolf, smiling.  "I'm curious as to which floor had an Inu  on it.  I have yet to see one.  Is there a story behind how you tamed him?"  She asked as they walked. 

@Morgenstern

Upon hearing his voice, Itzal would turn and give his salutations along with Valarie who did much the same. "Welcome back? Well, I guess to the floor," he replied to her. As Itzal would mention the machine and would show him the silver block of metal which could spring into a human sized metal warrior. Of course the stats wouldn't be as good as they used to, but it might still come to use someday. Afterwards, the dark haired man would mention an elevator that goes from floor to floor. That meant, that it would have to be near the center, or would have to move up, down AND side to side, that way it could use the tower's pillars. Of course the dwarves would be able to do that. "Meaning, they have most likely inhabited another floor up higher up that had a lesser amount of other monsters. They probably still have to deal with goblins, but to a much less extent"   The mechanics behind the scenes were intriguing. He hoped that the dwarves were friendly. He didn't want this adventure to be in vain. 

Fear brought no extra additions about Penelo or Morgenstern, and instead talked about the man who wielded two blades using the Dual Wielding Skill. "I particularly dislike that an unaffiliated person such as him. Yes, I have heard of him. He was the player who slew Beatbox, Death Adder. He had apparently joined the last boss fight, but left part way due to his weapons breaking. He doesn't seem to be anywhere known unless he wants to have his whereabouts known" 

He watched as the young girl would smile and nod, agreeing with his idea for the day. As they began to walk, the girl quickly began to pick his brain for where he had found his familiar. At the mention of its name, the wolf would perk up its ears, listening to the girl. Inu always kept his own opinion about people, deciding off their emotions, and the way they went about thing. He had a harsh judgement, and would have most likely turned down Morzan if it weren't for them both needing help at the moment. "I found him on Floor 16. The Forest of Haunting Echoes I believe the place is called. It was night, and I was making a report for Chaos if I followed the screams if they would lead me to a quest or boss while I had accepted the Feeding the Enemy Quest. Then, I became trapped by a rather large number of Ravagers and Gruesome Gorillas. It was then that Inu got caught in the fray and was quite... angry about it. He created a large enough path for me to escape with his fury alone and I returned the favor by freeing him of the bound of the 16th floor which he didn't care too much for" He chuckled. "Not much story there" 

@Itzal

Valarie giggled when Jonathan remarked her greeting and nodded with a smile.  "It's always a bit boring without you two here~"  Itzal wasn't sure how to react to that, so instead waited for Jonathan's reaction.  Valarie was intrigued in the conversation even though she wasn't able to follow.  When Jonathan mentioned that they most likely inhabited a floor above one they're on now Itzal nodded.  "Whether it's monster free is questionable, as we've never come to a floor with no or little monsters, and I doubt we ever will.  If we do, then I'll owe you fifty col.  Though I'll say this:  While I don't doubt goblins could still prove annoying for them, I think wherever they've established themselves has become a permanent place to live, and thus they more than likely will have settled the score with the goblins before we get to them."  He looked toward the gate.  "You want to talk about this along the way?"

Fearx nodded as he thought carefully.  "I want to see what our scouts can learn about this man..  Speak with players who met him in the raid, talk with info brokers.  He has a very powerful unique skill after all.  If it's possible to convince him to join our cause, the front liners would stand no chance.  He could solo against Calrex after all, and working together we could easily overcome Zandra.  She may have an AoE sword skill, but that reduces her energy quicker, and she'd have to actually hit you."

Joan walked along side him, interested at the drastic change in Morzan in contrast with now, and during the meeting the other day.  He was less, hard.  Not as prone to boasting.  He seemed like a normal human being.  Why then did he act the way he did yesterday?  He told her about his familiar and where he had found it.  The familiar catching interest upon hearing the name.  She listened as Morzan told the story of how he traveled around floor sixteen, in the forest of haunting echos.  How he had become trapped among an ambush of vicious monsters.  According to Morzan, who she knew wasn't lying, Inu had been caught in the middle and, being disturbed, lashed out at the ones attacking, which was the monsters.  After Inu had, most likely tired after the skirmish, Morzah tamed him and here he was.  She shook her head.  "It may have been short, but it was an enjoyable tale."

@Morgenstern

As Valarie mentioned that it was boring without he and Itzal there, his face reddened but he said nothing. Instead, he tried to completely ignore it by focusing on Itzal talking about the dwarves. "I bet the main problem with these problems is due to the face that they didn't want to eradicate an entire species for a floor so they moved to a higher, less populated floor and made their stand there. Since they now have a permanent residence, any attack on them is an invasion of THEIR territory instead of the monsters" Quite happy with his progress in the conversation, Jonathan began walking, bringing Itzal and Valarie in tow with him. "The real question is, will the dwarves thinking us as friends? Or another species trying to invade and destroy the dwarves again" 

Chaos sat there listening to the effects of what could happen if they allied themselves with the man. "I thought much the same, but there is always a risk. What if he decides to turn on us instead. Or, after we become victorious he wishes for domination utterly and supreme rule? Overthrowing the frontliners is for the reason of speeding the process of Aincrad and making it much safer to trek upwards. If he decides to turn on us, bringing many players of his and kill us, no one would be left to stop him. He could do with Aincrad as he pleased" 

The young girl walked silently beside him, absorbing every detail of his story, finding it rather interesting. When he was done she spoke little causing him to wonder if he had gotten a silent soul. He could see the mountain for the edge of the world, it appearing now to be only a mile ahead of them. So far, everything was silent except for the rustling leaves of the trees that were constantly being stirred by the breeze that came in. "Well Joan, I have spoken a little bit about myself. Why don't you tell me a little bit about who you are. I am rather curious as to how someone so young as become so unbelievably mature" 

@Itzal

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal thought about what Jonathan had presented.  It was indeed a good subject to ponder.  "I mean that would depend I guess.  If they're the main npc's they could be both.  Friendly factions in the settlements, and hostile out in the fields.  If they are all enemies then they'd be monsters and quite possibly the boss.  Honestly I feel like if anything, the dwarves will be neutral to players, and goblins would be the monsters."  Valarie walked between the two of them with a smile.  "If you guys think they've settled down, how many floors up do you think they went?"  Itzal listened to her and blinked at the question.  This game could be so meta at times.  He thought about it.  "Honestly I'm not too sure, though I feel like we're closing in on a clue of some sort.  I mean I found the elevator, maybe there's a build schematic or something.  Surely they didn't go all the way up to floor one hundred after all..  Right?"

"That's why I'd like to try and get some more intel on the man first.  If he has anyone associated with himself then we learn how strong they are and how to keep them at bay.  If he does try to kill us, the two of us can overcome him, unique skill or not.  Especially since his precious swords broke.  Once that happens there's no getting the equipment back.  From what I heard from the reports, it seems he depended on the swords too much.  At any rate, I feel this is a topic for another day."

Joan listened as Morzan asked her to share some of her story, only this was more private a topic than his was.  Still she didn't mind much and smiled as she talked.  "I grew up with a brother who was kind of a jerk.  I spent most of my time on video games, at church, or speaking with a fellow Christian.  I've traveled around to know what this world is like, uh the real world I mean.  And I've taken the time to observe the people who live in the world.  I see the world through God's eyes and can indeed see how all the pain, suffering, and twisted nature of others all derive from a sinful nature.  I could also see the core of where most sin derives from.  When you grow up in a place I live in, you're either sheltered or you learn the truth of the world rather quickly.  Something like that can quicken maturity don't you think?"  She said with a smile.  When she spoke she acted like an adult.  However Morzan would come to learn that Joan acted her age when she didn't need to be mature...  Proving just how mature she was as she always knew when she needed to focus.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan listened carefully as Itzal noted that it could be both enemy and friend. Jonathan nodded his head. "It makes sense. Everything I know about dwarves from mythology said they formed large groups called clans, each coming with a different leader, idea, and standpoint on certain. The leaders would then make political decisions for very large decisions" Itzal seemed to think a main enemy would be the goblins. "Would they eradicate the goblins entirely on their home floor to try to keep away conflict?" Valarie even entered some input, wondering how high they would've gone up using their elevator. Itzal had no answer, but hoped they wouldn't be on floor 100. "Well, we can only see"

Fearx brought some excellent points and was more well informed than Chaos had originally though he was. "Indeed I believe it is a topic for another time. I would be cautious dealing with men like that. Those with power tend to be greedy for more of it and hate to be a part of a partnership" Chaos could say almost the same thing himself, but understood he would need the help and influence from Fear if he was going to lead Aincrad to the end. 

When he was expecting an answer, he was expecting it to be an answer of strict parents that never leaned off of her. Instead, he received a story of one girl's mission to see the world through god's eyes. Morzan considered himself christian, but never immersed himself in the religion. As she finished, he gave a little clap. "I do believe so. That story was a little heart warming to know you were put down, but then strove forward and made something of it" He looked forward, they were now only a few hundred meters from the base of the mountain. He calmed a little. "Come along quickly, we can take a... rest at the base of the mountain" He wished to test her strength. 

@Itzal

Dwarves verses Goblins.  That's all they've talked about really.  But he realized there could be other enemies too.  He turned to Jonathan.  "Well a definite yes on the clans bit.  Lord of the Rings, Eragon, Dungeons and Dragons.  We don't have enough details on skyrim though.  In just about every bit of lore regarding them they have always had clans.  However as far as enemies go, you could be right.  They could have defeated the goblins but, if that were the case who would the villains be?  I seriously hope it's not a dwarven clan with technology or magic.  And there are some things from lore and legend I'd rather not come up against."  Itzal continued to walk a little bit more as he thought about it before chuckling.  "I love how we've put so much time and thought into something that will most likely be answered when we hit whatever floor their on.  It's fun though, I don't want to stop either.  Especially now that we have the golem on our side now.  When do you want to use him by the way?"

"Well in that case, I'd say that's enough for today.  I know you have other things to attend to, and I'd like to keep an eye on Itzal tomorrow, so we'll discuss this head scratching matter another day."  He chuckled as he stood up, a grin on his face.  "For now I'll say goodnight Chaos.  And farewell for now."

Joan's first thoughts were wondering if Morzan was being sarcastic when he said it was heart warming, but when she noticed he was being serious she blushed a little bit and looked down.  "Well, when there's nowhere to go you push forward and upward.  What else was I supposed to do, wallow in my despair?  It's really not all that impressive really..."  He then took note of the mountain they were approaching, mentioning how they should rest for a bit there.  Her childish appearance vanished as she blinked, her eyes shifting from where they were walking to Morzan's face.  He had something on his mind, that much was clear.  Something was up, he had something planned.  What was it?  "I'm able to continue forward if you are Morzan.  I may not be the strongest, but I am strong enough to go on a long hike."  Subtlety was a skill one could use to press for an answer while being discrete among others, as well as being polite and not outright demanding an answer.

@Morgenstern

Itzal seemed to agree with them having to end up fighting dwarves and having dwarves fight other clans. The man doubted they ha completely exterminated the goblins and actually hoped they hadn't. He also mentioned he wouldn't like to fight Dwarves with higher technology and some things he would rather just never see. Jonathan was familiar with some mythology and knew there was many things from mythology they never wanted to see. Itzal came out and said that he loved the fact that they were talking about something that would just have all answers given once they reached a certain floor. Jonathan nodded and was about to reply but the man began talking about the golem. "To be honest, I believe it has too much importance to be just thrown out into battle now. We might actually need it for something some day and I advise not using it now" Jonathan said solemnly as he stepped over a fallen tree in their path. The ground was soft and the air still as they searched in the trees for theirquest target. 

As he said something, any childish ground that he had managed to uncover was now gone. He noticed her quickly glancing over to his face and he gave a smile, not quite warm, but not cold and evil as if he were turning on an enemy. "Continuing forward is most surely what I plan on...." He bound forward quickly leaving her. They stood in the clearing at the base of the mountain now. He turned and pulled out his large black sword. Oblivion Blade. "Joan of Arc, Virtue of Humility. I challenge you to a duel, to defend your cause that you can fight without pride and still have a chance. Strength comes from within, and with Pride brings confidence in yourself" He raised his blade, awaiting for him to accept or deny his challenge. If she accepted and held a chance, he would explain to her his problems and allow her to also see what burden he upheld. If she denied or completely lost, she would been seen a lost cause, unworthy of his time. 

@Itzal

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal listened as Jonathan mentioned how they may have greater need for it in the future so it would be best if they didn't use it just yet.  Itzal nodded and put it away.  "So what will we be fighting today?"  Valarie asked.  Itzal's eyes widened as he remembered they'd be fighting a dragon hatchling and cleared his throat.  "Um well, you see....  There's a questline that involves, killing dragon, hatchlings..."   Her eyes widened with horror.  "W-what?  Why would you.  Itzal why would you-"  "Because A, they'll attack players and npc's that come anywhere near them is the first and least logical reason to go out and kill them.  However there's also B in that soon everyone will have completed this questline.  When that happens, the dragon will respawn and it won't be hunted.  It will be able to live it's life out in peace.  That's what I focus on when I do this questline.  Kayaba is a sadistic jerk to make this questline, but we need to clear it to keep leveling up and getting stronger."  She was silent for a while before nodding.  "I, I understand."  Itzal sighed, this questline was not a good one in his opinion.  Sure it was a questline, which there really weren't any, but killing babies?  What sadistic monster would do something like that?  Suddenly the dragon hatchling came out of nowhere.  Itzal looked to Valarie.  "You don't need to see this, go into the forest and cover your ears ok?"  She nodded and did as she was told.  Itzal drew Yakimba and launched at the dragon.  Itzal activated charge and landed a hit on the Hatchling, his blade cackling as it activated, watching bleed and Paralysis land.

ID#  99251  BD:  8  MD:  5

16+5x11-90=141 dmg

[H:1] Itzal:  1,430/1,430  <>  129/140
@Morgenstern:  1,270/1,270  <>  118/118

Jade Hatchling:  209/350  <>  60 MIT  <>  30 non MIT  <>  2 ACC  <>  2 EVA  <>  95 DMG  [1/1 Paralysis  2/2 Bleed]

When Morzan spoke it was a vague reply.  He began to rush forward and she started to run after him until he turned with his sword drawn, causing her to halt only two steps forward.  Her eyes narrowed and she drew one of her blades:  Her accuracy one that had absolute accuracy on it.  With that and her keen enhancements, she wasn't going to miss.  She stared at Morzan as he challenged her to a duel and gave a small speech about pride.  Her eyes narrowed further, seeming angered by what he had just said.  "Pride creates the illusion of strength Morzan.  It doesn't give confidence it brings arrogance.  Proverbs 16:18  Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before the fall.  If you continue to build yourself up Morzan you will only crumble before the weight of the rising consequence.  Humble yourself before the Lord, for he is our true strength!  Alas, if you refuse to listen to reason, if you insist on being stubborn.  I'll fight you, despite the disadvantage of wielding an AoE weapon."

@Morgenstern

As they walked through the forest, Valarie asked the question of what they are hunting, and didn't exactly like the answer when she got it. Jonathan decided to keep his tongue out of it, and allow Itzal to voice why they did what they had to. "Another thing. They come back to life, and we don't" He left that thought there. He wondered if the NPC's were self aware and if they were, what did they think about being able to return to life while the players died upon zero. Jonathan had become numb to the feeling of killing monsters anymore, even the baby dragons. He awoke from his thoughts as he sen Itzal rapidly moving about with his weapon out. The dragon was here! He unsheathed his weapon and focused on the target. He had his tanking equipment on for some reason, a mistake he did not plan to make again. This equipment would have to do for now though. He rushed forward and swiped a the Jade Dragon with his sword. The blade struck the opponent and brought it down even further in health. 

99288 BD:7 - 16*11=176-60-116

H:1] @Itzal:  1,430/1,430  <>  129/143
H:1] @Morgenstern:  1,270/1,270  <>  108/118

Jade Hatchling:  93/350  <>  60 MIT  <>  30 non MIT  <>  2 ACC  <>  2 EVA  <>  95 DMG  [1/1 Paralysis  2/2 Bleed]

(We will Fight Morzan and Joan like Chaos and FearX. Godmodding of the other player is allowed)

What the girl didn't know is that this was not a test like she thought it to be. This was a test to see if she was worthy of his time and effort. This was a test to see if she would fight for what she believed in, and fight even a disadvantaged battle to try and prove herself. As she was done speaking, she most likely expected an answer if she would give up his side, but he refused. He stuck up for his own pride, and until he was proved that Pride was meaningless tool he would stick to it. 

Giving her no more time, Morzan stepped his right foot hard into the ground before using it to push off the ground to have a single bound to the girl. He brought forth his heavy sword to crush the girl, but she was small and quick and easily managed to sidestep. Amused now, He stepped back to avoid a potential counter attack and then as it passed he pressed on his attack. A much as he  attacked, he couldn't land a blow on the girl. She had a will of steel and deflected his  attacks . He would have to surprise her to manage anything. He made another light attack, the girl quickly parrying the blow. While she was busy with his attack, he predicted where she would move and slammed his fist into her chest knocking her off balance. Taking this advantage, he made a large uppercut to fling her into the air and then jumped after her. In the air, he was bring his sword down on top of her and slam her back into the ground, making cracks in the ground itself. He chuckled, now amused. He landed back on the ground.

BD:7
Sword Art Used: Calamity Disaster x13 - 13x27=351-126=225 DMG Dealt

Morzan 1040/1040 <> 82/94 | 22 DMG | 126 MIT | 3 ACC | 20 Thrns | 2 Paralyze | Phase
Joan 725/950 <> 92/92 | 22 DMG | 126 MIT | 2 ACC | Abs. ACC | 3 Keen

Valarie was not exactly comforted by the fact that the dragon would keep coming back, as she felt such a thing were an act of torture to the poor creature.  When Itzal saw her face he maneuvered near Jonathan and whispered:  "That may not have been exactly comforting, as it could be seen as torture dying over and over again..."  Itzal watched as the dragon charged after Itzal who evaded the attack, swinging at the monster to redirect it's movement between Jonathan and himself.  The opening would be clear to his friend of course, and after his friend attacked the dragon he'd follow suit.  When he hit the dragon however the creature died, ending the quest there and then.  Itzal slowed his momentum down and removed all active and potential energy in his movement by turning the sword upward and basically spinning it horizontally before sheathing the blade.  He sighed.  "Alright.  We should probably head back now...  I'm sorry you had to be here for this Valarie, but you don't have to come with us every time you know."  Valarie nodded, still seeming to be down about it all..

ID#  99409  BD:  3+3  MD:  2+2-4

H:1] @Itzal:  1,430/1,430  <>  127/143
H:1] @Morgenstern:  1,270/1,270  <>  108/118

Jade Hatchling:  0/350  <>  60 MIT  <>  30 non MIT  <>  2 ACC  <>  2 EVA  <>  95 DMG  [1/1 Paralysis  2/2 Bleed]

Joan made a quick side step at first, but then shifted to parries and deflects, ensuring that she took her time to observe and learn his fighting technique, his fighting style.  Her katana was subjected to slash attacks, while his weapon was more versatile, allowing him to be unpredictable.  For the most part at least.  He was going easy on her it seemed, or at least he was starting that way.  It may be his pride that kept him from going all out though, and that frustrated her more.  The fact that he didn't reply to her, the fact that he ignored her warning.  It proved how corrupted he'd become with his pride.  She prayed to the Lord to give her the strength, and the power, to reveal his flaw to him.  She was faced with an attack that forced her to side step, and when she did she was punched in the stomach.  She didn't lose her breath or feel pain of course, but right before she could counter attack, Morzan launched her into the air with an uppercut and slammed her back into the ground.  In the cloud of dust that arose he didn't see her roll out of the way.  She waited in the dust for him to strike where she was before rushing at him from the side, releasing her own sword art and cutting through his neck, landing a hyper critical at such a vulnerable spot.  There was no kindness in her eyes now.  He had no honor.  His pride was a foolish one.  He only sought to entertain himself and prove that pride made one stronger.  He sickened her.  This wouldn't last long at all.

Now she went on the offensive.  Now adjust to his fighting style, she struck swiftly and precisely, using small motions with her wrist and fingers to make the blade change direction quickly.  She'd rarely miss, landing a tiny hit here and there as she advanced forward.  If he tried to use any powerful blows she'd simply redirect them away from her, leaving a gaping opening for her attacks.  If he tried to punch her again she'd twist her body to avoid it, and use her hand to use his momentum against him, knocking him into the ground.  She knew how he fought now, and thus she would have a counter for anything he threw at her.  She was small, and the armor slowed her down.  But his ego.  His pride.  And his sheer brute strength could be used against him.

@Morgenstern

Before making another move, Itzal came and whispered to him that he may not have actually comforted the girl. Jonathan shook his head. He understood the NPC's side, but he felt his expendable life was much more important than the destruction of an immortal being. It just reset its data and- Jonathan blinked and watched as Itzal took down the dragon. As Itzal said let's go Jonathan ignored it. 'Everything has its thoughts and memories logged into the game as data. If we could pull this data by turning it into an item like potion-' Jonathan had an idea. "Come back to life" He stated again simply. He quickly looked at his col bar. 'So close' He looked over to Itzal. Wincing, he thought to himself. 'I hate to seem like a beggar, but If I could...' He looked over to Itzal. "I hate asking it of you, but could you possibly spare... 10,000 col? I'll pay you back when I can. I just... need it to get the rest of my house" That last part was not a lie. He needed the house, but he mostly wanted it now for the alchemical research. If he could replicate data, could he replicate the thoughts and memories of a past due player? 

@Itzal

As he finished his assault, he would land back onto the ground with a smug smile. A large amount of dust had been brought up from the girl's return to the ground, giving him no sight of her. He seen no movements however, and believe the girl to be now laying on the ground or hiding from him and his power in the dust. He chuckled to himself and charged forward, bringing his blade in a downward arc to crush the girl if she was standing or laying down. To his surprise, his blade hit nothing and he was too lat to see the bright flash of light behind him. Her katana cut through his neck, dealing a large amount of damage.  He growled, more from frustration then anything. He turned back to see her coming on the offensive. He blocked a few blows from her katana on his large black sword, but when he tried to go on the offensive she would redirect his weapon with her's, or even twist her body to escape surprise punches. Then, she would counter making small slashes here and there on his body. After a long succession of failures and being countered, he drew away from the battle breathing heavily. He used his sword to hold him upright as he looked at the girl. She had only taken the damage from his first attack while he had taken may small hits from being countered. "You are strong, I will give you that. You have managed to predict all of my attacks so far, and read my actions like a book. I must say, I am impressed, Virtue of Humility" After that being said he would pick up his weapon, unsheathing it from the ground and charge forward with it. He kicked off the ground hard, vaulting himself at the girl at high speed. His weapon began to wisp off a dark energy. If only the girl hadn't been adorning heavy armor would she been able to dodge his attack. Her small form with heavy armor slowed her down enough for him to make another successful hit. When trying to redirect his blade however, his blade would pass through her's and hit her directly. The force of his blow would knock her far back. "Do you enjoy the full extent of my strength?" He said chuckling. He took the girl seriously now, meaning he would be faster and more powerful then before. 

• 2 weeks later...

Itzal opened his menu and sent the ten hundred col to Jonathan's account with a smile.  "No problem man.  All I need col for now is appraising items if I'm honest.  Don't really need it for anything else you know?  Although who knows, Cardinal might add more purposes for it."  As they turned around and began making their way back he saw Valerie and put his arm on her shoulder comfortingly.  Valerie looked at him and held close to him.  Itzal comforted her as he knew it had to be hard for her.  Soon enough she was feeling better let go, he doing the same.  They were close to the village and she took a deep breath.  "Well, I suppose this is where we part ways I guess.  I'll, see you guys later?"  Itzal nodded with a soft smile.  "Next time it will be for no violent reason.  We're fresh out of those."  She smiled at that and walked over to her village and Itzal watched.  "You know, at first she was unbearable.  Now she feels like a genuine friend.  Fate can be interesting don't you think?" 

Morzan suddenly retreated.  The distance gave her the option to activate charge but it was clear he wasn't going to fight anymore and thus she stopped her assault.  Her breathing was heavy at first but she quickly stabilized by altering her breathing, eventually calming her heart rate and the speed of her breathing.  He complimented her strength and she saw the look in his eyes.  He was going to try another attack?!  She tried to activate charge but he already vaulted into the air and slashed tat her.  She didn't have the time to side step, nor did she have time to parry and such, and thus she was struck, hit by the phase enhancement.  Her eyes narrowed as her health dropped more.  From this point on she would focus on evading when she could, or forcing him to remain on defense rather than offense.  It may have phase but the enhancement was useless if he couldn't get an attack in.  So she went on offensive.  If he slipped an attack through she'd either duck, bend her back out of the way, or side step to avoid his strikes.  She didn't talk, and she didn't give him the chance to talk either.  She simply countered, parried, and struck, doing her best to change style as often as she could while pushing him further back.

@Morgenstern

Jonathan was completely surprised to find that Itzal, without hestiation, sent him over the col. The man quickly explained he had little to no need for the in game currency. After he did, he looked up and seen that they wre nearing the village and Itzal quickly said his good byes before asking him a question. "I am glad you have made friends with her, but I don't believe in predetermined paths or destinies. I believe that we are the authors in our own stories, and when stories come together, its no longer fully in our hands and we just go on for a ride" He didn't necessarily dislike Valarie, but always found her to be a bit more of a burden. He would keep that from Itzal however to avoid causing tension. 

Morzan chuckled as he walked forward to reengage with his opponent. She quickly was getting back up from his last blow. He studied her and noticed that it looked like the gears in her head were really turning. She probably had already figured out what had happened and was adjusting her mind and body to his new heightened level of combat. "Begin Round Two" He attacked at the girl, using his full strength  and speed, but the girl was small and analytical, countering, dodging, all of his attacks. Occasionally, she would throw a countering blow, but he was ready for those now, blocking them as they came. He noticed her lean back and took this up as a time where he could strike again. "You're finished!" He would yell as he threw all of his might into a single downward blow as he charged her. She would quickly change her direction, he freight training past before he stumbled and lost balance. Within the neck instance, she hit one of his legs with the flat of her blade and knocked him to the ground, he becoming face first into the ground. His sword skidded four feet away and the girl had her blade on the back of his neck. 

A moment passed before he began to chuckle and push himself upright when the girl would remove her blade. "Impressive. Your skill and intellect clearly outmatched my own" He sat down on a rock after retrieving his blade. 

@Itzal

Itzal listened to Jonathan talk about making friends with her and not believing in predetermined destiny.  Itzal simply smiled and said:  "Don't lie Jonathan, I can see you don't like her.  You made that clear every time we've run into her.  I don't know if it's because it's one other thing that takes attention, or that she's an npc, or some other reason I don't know about.  And as for Destiny?"  Itzal smiled.  "Even if I wasn't a Christian, I don't want to have my fate in my hands.  I'm full of mistakes, I'm not perfect.  If I tried to live a good life on my own strength I would utterly fail every time.  I've tried, and failed already.  And I will try and fail.  I would much rather a God or being who is perfect and good and just in every way to determine where my life goes.  It's funny.  God gives us free will but also directs our lives at the same time.  It's complicated, and takes some time to understand it.  But overall?  My life is bliss because of this concept."

She waited until she heard him chuckle and removed her blade but kept her guard up.  She waited until he sat down before she lowered it and sheathed her sword, her eyes remaining closed.  "Enjoying combat and duels are one thing.  Being arrogant and prideful in yourself is another.  Such arrogance not only creates a wretched personality, but it creates enemies.  Pride comes before destruction.  I can only warn you so many times before you are deemed hopeless, and I am forced to move on."  She let go of her blade and opened her eyes again.  There wasn't any anger in her eyes.  More so pity, fear.  Almost regret that she couldn't do anything for him.

@Morgenstern

• 2 weeks later...

It appeared Itzal seen through him, but didn't quite understand the full tension of it. "Don't take it as I don't like her. She becomes a burden and that's all it is. I'd rather just leave it at that... She gets in the way of the things we want" Jonathan frowned a this own choice of words. 'That sounded really... Greedy' He shook the thought from his head. He shouldn't have to justify his actions for and NPC. After Itzal was finished, Jonathan would nod and reply, "But yes, Fate is interesting. Life always has surprises in store" A chuckle would escape his lips. 

The girl would soon calm, easing her tension. It appeared he had lost once more the little trust he had gained. "I kinda like you. Your independent, strong, capable, sharp tongued, good witted, and stick to what you believe" he chuckled and stood, looming over the girl. 'Pride before destruction? Good luck destroying me'. "Now, let's finish our floor hike and on the way you can answer me this question. What flaws do you hold? Even though you are virtuous, there is no light without dark and vice versa" 

(The previous night)

A good while after Fear had left the room, Chaos stalked the shadowy edges of the guild hall, a part that they were outside. He was thinking to himself, about his won plans. He was just about to move when footsteps approached him. Moving inhumanely fast, he drew his weapon, a mere swing setting it ablaze and illuminating the area. A dark haired woman stood before him. Fyre. "Any reason you are up this late?" he said sheathing his weapon. "With these plans going to be enacted, I only wished to know what you were thinking and why Aya was named Sin of Greed when nothing there is nothing greedy about her" Chaos shook his head. "It's because she is not the Sin of Greed. Fear is smart and will soon learn that something is off with her being the Sin of Greed. She is just part of the plan to make the Sin of Greed know exactly who he is" 

Itzal looked at Jonathan with concern above all else before replying.  "Get in our way?  Jonathan you do remember that the reason we both started this guild was to help others, not push them out of the way so we could rise above.  It's our job to help those who can't make it on their own to move forward.  If you lost sight of that, you need to take a moment to do so.  Regardless of whether or not it's an adult, a child, or an npc even.  She makes things a bit challenging for me when I end up carrying her, but I see it as being forced to grow stronger in that regard, not as a burden.  Don't look at people in a negative light ok?  Try thinking positively."  He didn't like speaking in this manner to his friend, but what he just said was something serious.  It was something a player killer would say for certain.  That's what scared him the most.  He didn't want his friend going dark in any matter.  That and it was his duty as a friend, to help his friend realize his mistakes and help him back on the right path...  Or thoughts rather.

@Morgenstern