[F17-PP] A literal greek challenge! Finally!!! <<Challenge of Olympus>>

I run over onto the seventeenth floor with the biggest grin on my face as i scream out in excitement. FINALLY! A quest that is meant to be some kind of challenge after so long from greek mythology! I scream out in pure excitement towards the sky with the biggest smile on my face. I then see a satyr come forward as i gaze at it with sparkling blue eyes of pure excitement as i feel like a little child in a candy store at seeing this. OH my god! I love this, i love this, i love this! I say feeling like my heart has just been stolen by this floor by having this already. You have been invited onto the Mt. Olympus. Apollo requests for you to do a competition against himself. he has heard of your musical prowess and would like for you to prove your skill against himself. The satyr says in a regal, but humble tone of voice as i just nod dumbly. 'I've been invited to craft against Apollo!!!!!' I think in absolute excitement.

With that thought completed i quickly make my way with following the Satyr wondering how far this is going to be to arrive towards the mountain of Olympus the home of the very gods. I take out from my inventory my guitar as i tune it with a very happy smile on my face strumming the guitar every now and then in preparation to have a musical contest against the god of this craft as i can only hope that i will be able to match the very creator of this talent. I take slow calming breathes to try and cool down my heart rate from the excitement not even thinking about the rewards from this quest. Just knowing i want to do this to see what the actual gods look like according to this game, and how this challenge could be implemented from this system. I tap my guitar a bit nervously as i look towards the Satyr who seems more focused on trying to guide me rather then anything else.

So umm mister Satyr why did Apollo wish to challenge me of all people to a musical competition? I ask the creature curiously as we move through the town of Athens as i can hear the whispers of people wondering why i am being led by a Satyr towards a location. Whispers of myself possibly being somebody special as i chuckle a bit at that as i try to get use to such looks of gossip and news. Simple Apollo wishes for some entertainment and had heard you're one of the highest ranking performers out there in this world. So naturally he wanted to test your metal and making sure he isn't getting rusty himself during all of this. The Satyr tells me as i just nod my head as i continue idly tuning my guitar to keep myself calm and focused during all of this as i wonder which song i should play for the god of music that i have created. I look towards my familiar who is walking beside me and looking at the goat man with curiosity as i pat his head as Kuro relaxes ever so slightly from the pats.

At having my question answered i just continue remaining silent as i start humming softly to myself the beat to my song having perfected it since last i have played it in my shop with Sey. Having not perfected the song in its entirety, but having created a melody that was made for this song to try and be the best that it could ever possibly be. Dancing and skipping along to the beat of the song in my mind ignoring the looks i am getting as i tell myself mentally. 'Ignore the people they are just watching. It is you and music for now. Just play and enjoy yourself this is meant to be you and instrument.' I keep my calm and practice my song moving my fingers along the guitar but not playing a single note wanting ot make sure it stays a surprise when i go to confront Apollo. To allow anybody to hear my song could ruin my chances at this point.

Eventually the town slowly starts fading away as the three beings start making its way through the wilderness as i look around at everything as i can see harpies flying around, but not daring to attack. Seeing monstrous beings just staying away from the three of them as i look towards the Satyr with confusion of why this seems to be happening. To harm a messenger of a god would basically be a death sentence to any who would try to attack them. For these creatures they know trying to harm myself, or yourself could end with there death at the hands for daring to do that. He says to me in a calm tone as he takes out his flute and starts to play a jaunty little tune that fills me with a sense of peace and completeness as i smile happily. Feeling like everything is going to be fine as i don't take notice of the enemies dispersing all about. My familiar even starting to become more relaxed and looks ready to fall asleep right away.

I nod my head in understanding of those as that makes some sense on why the monsters wouldn't be attacking either myself or the Satyr as i look around as i watch as like a illusion dissipating the form of mount Olympus form as the Satyr plays his flute like instrument as i shyly step into the sacred land as i look behind me and watches in shock and amazement as the land that i was just standing on disappears into endless fields of Mount Olympus. Showing that  the reason why nobody can find Olympus. Because it is some sort of alternate realm where nobody can get to without a Satyr guide playing some kind of song is what i can only figure from what has just happened. I then look towards the Satyr that chuckles and pats my back. Don't worry every warrior is like this when they first enter. He says as i look at him. First..warrior. I say softly as i try to figure out what he is talking about while recovering from shock.

I look towards the gates that block the rest of Olympus as i see the god himself Apollo stand before me as he opens up the realm and then walks towards me with a grin on his face as he holds a lyre in his hand, and wearing some fashionable looking clothes from what i can tell. Very fitting for a godly being like himself when it was during that time. A robe and clothes mixing together to form just nice looking clothes that look surprisingly comfy. He then looks to me as i quickly do a bow with lots of excitedness about meeting the Apollo. I then hear a laughter as i hear the man's voice that sounds very nice to listen to like i could do so for a good long time. No need to bow to me the one who takes on a name of a goddess. Rather bold of you don't you think? What would happen if you shamed her name by your own personal failures you could have? he asks me as i feel some guilt well up, but i quickly say. No, i won't disappoint or tarnish this name that i have chosen for myself sir. I'm doing my best to give honor to this name. I say with a deadly serious tone that make Apollo grin ever so slightly. I'm glad you're taking it seriously then at least. He says to me.

I'm serious about making sure that i don't ruin her image mister Apollo i know what i was getting into when i took the name, and it wasn't for the arrogance of thinking i am equal to that of a god. I know i am no where close to being a god, or goddess of any sort but i do wish to make sure that i can maybe try to make her happy with any success i get. Plus it helps that i kinda know quite a bit about you gods so i of course am rather excited for finally meeting you sir. I say with a smile as Apollo just laughs cheerfully and pats me on the shoulder. Don't worry about it i was just asking out of curiosity, and i'm sure Hestia the goddess is rather happy with what you try to do. Being the one trying to defend the people in need. Don't think we haven't taken notice of you helping the weak like a true hero. He says as i rub the back of my head and chuckles nervously as i look at him. feeling a bit overwhelmed by such praise from a god.

Now then lets get serious. he says as i nod my head and quickly takes out my guitar prepared to hear what is going to happen as he looks towards me and nods his head looking over my instrument then back at me. The competition will go as such Hestia. We will have a concert for the beings that are not of the divine nature since we olympians are actually busy with some other things. I just made time since i wasn't needed as much during the meetings those like Zeus, and Poseidon are having. He says with a slightly grumpy look and then grins down at me and starts walking and gestures to follow as i quickly do so. As i said we'll be having a concert and the goal is to have the audience vote at the end of both of our performances to see who they thought did better performing. Do you think you are ready for such a thing? To perform for a crowd like a true musician is? A true creator of music. he asks me as i shyly nod my head as i can feel my heart beating from imagining a large crowd watching me perform for them.

Sure this won't be a problem at all for me mister Apollo. i say with a smile on my face and confidence in my voice as i follow the god towards the concert area where the two of them will perform. Meanwhile with the confidence bravado on the outside the inside of her being isn't doing so good. 'OH God! They expect me to play in a concert! Oh god, okay you can do this Ember. It is just a god...of music...that i have to beat...in his home terf....oh god i am severely outmatched.' I think to myself in absolute terror knowing i am outmatched and outplayed in such a fight against the god in his own territory. I then mentally slap myself to try and prepare me for doing this. 'No i can do this...i can at least get second place technically when comparing myself to a god.' I think to myself just trying to find some confidence about this whole situation somewhere. I glance towards the god as i can start hearing a buzz of voices all around up ahead as i feel my heart beat faster from nervousness.

Apollo continues to lead me as he then shows the stay as it is a theater location back in ancient greece. Steps leading downwards into the grown in a open area of the wilderness for everyone to see from stone seats all around, but instead of being pure stone they have comfortable cushions and such to make sure everyone can be comfortable. With there being twelve chairs also that look like gaudy fancy thrones as i recognize those as the thrones of the Olympians basically from what i could guess. I slowly make my way towards the stage as i look around as i watch as the light suddenly disappear except for a spotlight appearing on the performing area as Apollo looks down at me. LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! SATYRS AND DRYADS OF ALL FORMS OF TREES! WELCOME TO THE PERFORMANCE OF A CENTURY!! He announces loudly as i feel my stomach drop once more with nervousness and i fumble with some crystals to try and get them just right, but as soon as my hands touch them they disappear and appear on stage randomly strewn about as i just get more scared.

Nooo. I whisper out in fear at this as Apollo looks down at me as he continues. WE HAVE A SPECIAL Guest TONIGHT! A MORTAL WHO TAKES THE NAME OF A GODDESS HESTIAAA! He shouts as i get only boos for taking the name of a goddess as i just make my way towards the stage as i look around at all the crystals as i can only guess i will play what is on them and hope for the best to see what happens as i take out my guitar from my inventory as i nervously fumble with it as i little out a scared little. Eep! As a microphone suddenly appear in front of me as Apollo just gives me a thumbsup as i just give him a pitiful look as i take a calming breathe as i look at the crowd. I feel a lump form in my throat and my body freeze up. I can feel the expectations beating upon my body, and demanding that i don't screw up at all. I feel myself start to shake realizing i am taking way to long to even begin this.

I look up at the spotlight as i feel all the attention on me. Knowing that i have to perform at some point, but it is like my mind is drawing a blank. A deadly blank that is not allowing me to remember anything at all be it the lyrics, or the names of the songs even. that is until i hear a loud voice that is Apollo booms out. Are you going to start playing? Or are you just going to stand around and let your name be nothing but that! A shadow of the true glory of what it is meant to be! he calls out to me as i hear those words it is like everything shatters away. That realization that i have to be good at this. I have to surpass this need to prove to Apollo like i said i was that i was going to do this perfectly. It is now or never. With those thoughts i nod my head as i put my hands on my guitar and i smile towards the crowd. Evening everyone the name is Hestia, and let the hearth warm you up with the lyrics to warm your soul. I say thinking of a intro right away for myself as i start playing my guitar starting off with a more somber tone as i take a deep calming breathe. Knowing i am going to need all the breathe i can have to sing this out without gasping near the end.

I strumm the first few cords as i start playing the song i put so much practice into as i look towards the crowd with a smile. As i begin singing. "It started off so simplyyy. A world that was made to be perfect by design. Infinite skies, aannddd. Roads that seems to never endd. Walks of life meet at a point,  and brings us together once mooreee." I sing the first part as i then kick the music slowly up throughout those lyrics to be more energetic, and upbeat as i then kick such energy up to full blast that i can as i start dancing along to the song. Smiling the entire time as i do so. As i get lost in my passion that is music. A passion that i had almost let slip right past me in favor of trying to be relevant in a game that won't last forever. 'Who needs a relevant profession when i can do what i love! And that is singing! Screw being a alchemist, i am a performer at heart and will stay so!' I think to myself while smiling happily as i start up the chorus which turns into a somber tone once more.

The light, closes in on all sides. Roads that once were paved, become a painted red. The souls that haaaave beeen loost. I sing once more dragging out those parts with as much emotion as possible thinking of the monument with all the names scratched out as i look up towards the audience once more with some tears falling from my eyes. Have recevied their boiling point! The LIGHT grows dimmer. I say softly near the end emphasizing the word light to get the messagoe the desire of hope across as i continue moving slowly now. Less energy, and the music being slow and equally somber. Then suddenly i kick a crystal as i avoid the need to curse, and then looks in surprise as the lights start to slowly change as i knock the other crystals around as it creates a perfect lighting system as i grin, and uses this to my advantage to light up the stage ever so perfectly with my familiar coming down and aiding me by being the one who manipulates the crystals for light.

I then start up the second verse with a new melody one that was more neutral, but definitely meant to have this feeling of being absolutely overwhelming and to much to handle. Not knowing how to convey that, but doing my best to convey it through my instrument. The one that trust more then anything else not noticing my guitar change ever so slightly as i play it as it gains a black feathered design on the back of it, and even has my name in perfect cursive. My actual name not my username. the news that shook our hearts,  the madness coursing through our minds. The world shatters all around ussss. I say in soft tone of voice as i describe the news that was Kayaba telling us players our fate of how we're in this world form here on out. I bite my lips as i think of how the players reacted as i put in my voice a tone of despair for the next part.

We've been trapped in our own perfect world. The fright of death ever so looming. The despair that grips their hearts, the names that are just scratched out, On The False Land Of Hope. I say putting in as much emotion as possible into my voice with the last part of this chain of lyrics as i start playing a nice bit of guitar once more as i get hit with a intersection of red and blue light upon me on two different sides creating a purple color in the middle. I smile a bit at that fact knowing that purple has this idea of royalty to it for these people so finding the color combination smart from Kuro especially with the white light hitting m front as i continue playing despite the lights possible having the potential to blind me. Dancing in beat to my own song as i don't pay attention to any reaction from the crowd. Just focusing solely on saying the lyrics correctly,and playing the music correctly

After finishing that up i then begin once more with the slightly somber chorus as i sing the entirety of it with a smile upon my face. The light closes in on all sides. Roads that once were paved, are now bathed in the red light. That souls that have been lost, have received their boiling point. The light becomes ever so dimmer, and the counts just grows higher. I say softly misery and sadness coming from my voice in a never ending sea. Just imagining all those that have lost their life from this game. Those that have died, and continue to die for multitude of reasons, but the most common on the rise being straight up suicide. I bite my lip at that thought knowing it is coming up. The positive spin on all of this horror. I take a calming breathe and then starts to prepare the bridge to try and connect the story that i am trying to tell.

I change the melody once more to a hopeful, and slow build up with a smile on my face excited to have gotten to this point in the song. Enjoying always how i can get to sing this part of the song and general tempo and energy required. But even theen. We're just soo close. The gates are opening uuuup. I say with the tone going from somber to slowly developing hopeful as i then switch it to a more energetic version of what i just was playing.   Just wait a bit, The day is near, Just ONE More TIIIIIIMEEEE! i say extending the last line for quite a bit with the biggest smile on my face as the song reaches its climax as i tap my foot and then knows what to do next as i nod towards my familiars who starts playing with the crystals making the lights go crazy in color variation as i smile thinking this went a lot smoother then i could've asked for.

The light is expanding! i sing out as the lights get manipulated to shining and moving along in the audience to make it obvious as i smile happily as the main spotlight stays trained upon my figure as i continue dancing and playing my guitar. roads are being washed of sin. That souls that have been loooost, are still among us, guiding us on, never give uup, the end is sooo neeear. I say softly near the end with a smile speaking hopefully and happily at that thought as i wait to hear what happens and hears thunderous applause from the audience as i feel my heart well up with pride as the spotlight disappears as i look towards Apollo who is even applauding me for what i have been able to perform as the god slowly makes his way over towards me while still applauding while making his way towards the concert stage where i am standing.