[F9-PP] F̶a̶m̶i̶ Guild bonding time <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>>

I arrive on the ninth floor with a smile on my face having heard of there being a Phoenix on this floor now. 'About time really i mean Phoenix and fire are like together in every telling of there story. Thought that makes me curious what the boss was then since i don't they they'd release a quest that basically was the boss of this floor.' i think to myself in curiosity as i open up my menu and then taps on friends as i look towards Jomei with a grin on my face. figuring it would be appropriate to bring the guild leader on this. Mostly so i can talk to him more, and try to figure out what da  Jomei was doing since last we talked. To see how well the plans for the prison were going along since he said he would investigate it possibly.

Spoiler

@Jomei

Hey Jomei there is a quest on floor nine that got released where you fight a phoenix. I want to see what it is like, and i figured going into something new would be a bad idea without he adequate partner. Then what better partner then a frontlienr like yourself...and i might want to see how you're doing it has been a hot second since last we talked.

With the message sent to him i nod my head and then waits by the teleport gate of Yogen village. My familiar by my side, and myself wearing my tier 2 armor ready to fight.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running a hand through his unruly, damp hair, a shirtless Jomei removed the white towel from around his neck, hanging it on the back of the door to the bathroom. Walking back to the mirror, a fresh coating of steamy moisture blurring his reflection. Using his hand to clear up the glass pane, Jomei ran his hand through the ginger locks that fell in front of his eye. His gaze shifted when the notification popped up in the corner of his line of sight that let him know that he had received a message. Opening the message, the man read over the contents, sent to him by Hestia, inviting him out to take a newly discovered quest. Smiling at the invitation, Jomei swiped away the message before bringing up the rest of his menu's and equipping his armor. Telrenya was out for the day, so it was getting boring sitting alone in the house anyway. 

With the long green coat flowing behind him as he moved, Jomei stepped from the platform that housed Yogen's teleporter, and scanned the town square to find the familiar noirette. As his eyes locked with Hestia's, Jomei rose an arm up in a friendly wave before moving forward to greet the girl. "Hey Hestia, thanks for the invite. Yeah, it looks like a bunch of new quests got discovered lately. Guess everyone was getting tired of doing the same quests over and over and decided to go out and find more." he said with a chuckle. "So we are fighting a Phoenix you say? Sounds like it'll be pretty fun then. Oh.." Jomei crossed his arms and shifted his weight, offering the girl a half smile, "You don't have to go calling me a front liner like its anything special.. Especially since you'll be heading to the boss fight too, So you'll be right there with us." 

I smile as i see the ginger player walk out of the teleport gate as i grin at seeing the familiar player as i give a kind wave over to you. It was no problem at all Jomei. I just wanted to hangout with you since it has been quite awhile since we talked or anything really. You know besides those Arabian Night quests we're doing with Teion, and Kimi. I say with a smile on my face as i look upon my guild leader with a grin on my face rather excited to see what this quest even has in terms of a fight, or anything. Having not been told much about it beyond some type of phoenix that is out there. And yeah i'm glad players found some new quests, but that does mean we will have to go into this one extra careful since we don't know anything about it. All that is known is that there is a tailor, and blacksmith NPCs that tell players about this phoenix, and that it somehow involves the ability to change what you item looks like, or the name of it. Nothing about its stats though. I tell you getting down to business for a tiny bit about the quests details that i know about.

I chuckle a little bit nervously as i rub the back of my head. yeah i know it isn't anything special, and you have a point i'll be joining you guys. I guess i'm not use to being able to join you guys in these fights. It's a bit different, and hopefully a good different. I say with a nod of my head as i see Kuro right away walk on over to you and nudges his head against your leg wanting some affection.

It seemed that Hestia knew pretty much nothing about the quest they were partaking on, aside from the enemy they would need to fight, and the possible loot drop it provided. "An item that changes the look of an item?" Jomei replied, in a bit of a mumble while his eyes trailed to the side in thought. "Oh, Name Tags!" he exclaimed, the thought finally coming to him. "I earned a couple of those at an old event sometime last year. Didn't really find them too useful at the time, but I suppose one day I'll want to change the name of something." he said with a chuckle. "Joining the front lines does take a bit of getting used to.. the excitement.. your nerves getting to you. It's all a lot to take in. But the rewarding feeling of watching that boss fall, and being one of the first to step onto a new floor of Aincrad. There's not much like it." Jomei felt the furry body of Kuro rub up against his leg, and with a smile, the man bent over to pet the Lion between its two wings. "Well, we might as well get going then. Lead the way." 

yeah i guess name tags is what it is if that was a thing. I say with a nod of my head not having known the item name. When you describe the frontlines i nod my head trying to get use to such thoughts. well at the very least Jomei you'll have lots of fellow guild members helping you out in this boss. Even if i won't be in the same team with you guys. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head. For the current team even if it is with all Celestial Ascendants basically. I at least know most of them actually. So i don't mind all that much since it won't be like if i was with people i didn't know at all. I say to you with a smile on my face as i start to head towards the location of where the phoenix is meant to be at from what the NPCs have told players who went to ask them the location of such a creature. So besides the boss meeting what have you been doing during times we aren't doing Arabian night's together? I ask you curiously. My familiar Kuro smiling happily at the pets, but once he sees we're on the move he quickly moves over towards my side to protect me, and be on guard from any attacks.

The ginger chuckled, "Well.. if there's one thing I learned with the last boss fight.. Teams are always changing. But if they do not, you have a solid team on your side. They'll do their job as long as you do yours.. and you know that, if things really do look bad, I'll be there to help as well. I'm just.. happy they didn't split up Tel and I, I need to make sure she stays safe." Despite finally coming to terms and agreeing to let the blonde join him in this boss fight, he still could not help but worry that things could go wrong.. he could only pray that they wouldn't. As the two began to move out of Yogen, Hesita had asked what Jomei had been up to since their last meeting. The two had taken the Arabian Nights quests, both attended the Valentine's Day event, as well as the boss raid meeting. Jomei could not deny that a lot had gone on during that time, though there was one topic he decided to keep to himself -- Telrenya revealing herself to be Erin. He figured that would be better for her to tell everyone individually, instead, he had some lighter notes to talk about. "Well.. Tel and I finally finished up the last of the Dragon Hunter quests and... well.." his cheeks were coated with a light shade of pink as a smile formed on his lips, "well.. we got engaged." 

I nod my head at that thought as i look towards you. I guess i do have a pretty solid team for people to work with on a personal note from knowing them, and if not that at least in terms of a build since i can make sure they all stay nice and healed up. Plus it seems that Jonathan was fine with putting me as a temp tank since he said he wanted to go into a more damage side of things for this boss, or at least that is what i understood from what he was saying. I say with a chuckle knowing i will have my hands full with making sure people are doing fine, and if not that somehow making sure i can stay alive just fine since i don't have any way to heal myself up. When you mention your case for getitng engaged my eyes sparkle with excitement as i get a very big grin. SOoo~ who is going to end up as your first man, and Tel's bridemaid or whatever it is called. I ask curiously with a smile on my face, and i then pause realizing i would have to get a dress for that as i nervously chuckle. Soo can i be aloud to not wear a dress during your wedding? I ask in a hopeful tone. Not wanting to wear a dress at all preferring to just wear the clothes i am more comfortable with.

Jomei let out a nervous laugh, hand raising up to rub at the nape of his neck. Hestia seemed pretty excited about some of the details of the wedding, mianly about Jomei's best man and Tel's bridesmaids. On the other hand, she seemed very against the idea of having to wear a dress again. "W-well we haven't really spoken about the wedding much at all.. It was only a day or two before the boss meeting when I popped the question.. I suppose we will talk about it before the boss fight.. or maybe wait until after. Depends on how soon they want to get up there." the man let out a small sigh. He was happy that things were moving quickly again, and the raid team would be clearing floors in no time. But on the other hand, these fights always ended up happening at the worst times. "But as soon as Tel and I talk about it and decide what we want to do, we will let everyone know... And.. yeah.. you'll most likely have to wear a dress." Jomei said with a chuckle, gently patting Hestia on the top of the head. 

I mean you should only get married when you and her feel the most comfortable about doing so. I say with a smile on my face knowing that getting married at the right time is just as important as the day of getting married. Since too soon can result in a bad end for a marriage that could be absolutely perfect otherwise for the two people involved. If anything i would say wait till after the boss fight for the marriage thing if you want my opinion on when you should get that even started discussing it. When you tell me that i have to wear a dress though i just get a grumpy little pout as i cross my arms along my chest as i look at you. When i receive a head pat i do smile ever so slightly, but i try to fight against the urge to smile as i say in a pouty almost childish kind of manner. But i don't wannnna wear a dress. They're stupid, and uncomfortable in my opinion, and just difficult to walk in. Don't even get me started on those female torture devices that they call heals. I say as i look at you.

#96942  LD:2

"Yeah.. we already have enough stress with the fight coming up so quickly.. don't want to be thinking about squeezing in a wedding before then." he said with a chuckle, "Though.. the shared inventory would really come in handy during a fight like that.." A hand rose its way to his chin as he thought about it, "But no, you are right. After the boss fight would be the smartest."  After mentioning to Hestia that she would have to wear a dress, the girl pouted, and playfully complained about having to dress up girly for yet another occasion. "Hey. If you can find something nice to wear without it being a dress, then be my guest." he said with a small laugh. "You didn't seem too bothered by the dress you wore to the Masquerade, and it looked nice on you." with a smirk, he took another step towards Hesita, nudging her arm with his elbow, "And I'm sure Kimi really likes how you look in a dress too." 

That is because of the fact that the dress at the masquerade was a requirement for me to enter the stupid thing. I would've preferred a lot better to just where the clothes that i am in now. Less torture devices, and more comfortable. I say with a little pouty face still. However, when you nudge me and mention kimi my face gains a blush as i just pushes you. Shu-SHUT UP! It's not like i would wear it for her, or anything. Besides i am certain she is fine with me wearing the clothes i do now. I say while blushing in embarrassment. Still not use to being teased playfully about a relationship. From that fact in my eyes i still basically have only the roughest of ideas of how a relationship is meant to go. At least one that is normal, and not rushed. Hmph, but i won't deny that i can look good in a dress. i say as i look at you. i then smile remembering you're a performer. hey Jomei i know you're a performer, and i want to try and get a stage for a concert for those songs i am trying to work on. I want to perform for all of Aincrad. I say with a grin on my face.

#97168  LD:13

Jomei could not help but laugh at the blush Hestia wore at the mention of her relationship with Kimi, "Haha, I'm sure she wouldn't mind what you wear.. I'm just teasing you.. But Tel and I will let you all know what the wedding will be like.. We have to go any plan it I believe.. I have to look into where to do that." a hand rose to rub the nape of his neck, unsure of where to even start with this whole wedding ceremony business. Hestia was quick to change the topic of conversation, a topic that peaked Jomei's interest as a musician as well. Hestia was interested in finding a stage that she could perform her music on, less for mechanical purposes of Performing, and more for fun as Jomei enjoyed doing. Olive eyes lit up for a moment as a smile spread on his face, "That sounds like a great idea.. Hmm.." Jomei brought a hand to his chin in thought, and when he remembered just where he had seen a stage, he snapped his fingers. "Oh! On the first floor, in Tolbana town. In the center of the town, there is a small stage with rows of seats all around it. I heard that's where they held the very first boss meeting. I'm sure that would be a great place to start!"

ID 97238 | LD 11

I smile with a big smile hearing that there is a town that has such a stage where i can perform. Yay! Now i just need to think how i can get what i need to make it like a actual concert. Hmm should probably start off with some of those glow crystals i heard that are out and about now. Maybe i can find some way to make them like spotlights and stuff to have that concert feel. However, it would be difficult to move such lights since they can't be moved by machines. I say with a little pout at being reminded about the technical difficulties this game brings to trying to have a good performance since it is based entirely on the technology that the floor can have. Oh well i'm sure there can be something planned to get it close enough. I say trying to be optimistic about the entire thing. Not wishing to allow doubt enter my mind since that could lead to self destructive thoughts about such a idea.

#97264  LD:11

Jomei smiled as Hesita expressed her excitement to perform on a stage, her mind running through ideas to give it more of a concert feel and make an event out of it. Even though her thoughts seemed to hit a few roadblocks, she still pushed on with her want to play music for all of Aincrad. "I'm sure there's something we can do about it.. Even if they aren't moving spot lights, just using the stone's to light up the stage should be good enough. Hell.. just being able to enjoy a relaxing concert, rather than going out to fight monsters, would be great.." Jomei let out a small, relaxed sigh as the image crossed his mind, "It would take everyone's mind off of everything to just have a night of fun.. Maybe even make it a whole event.. invite other performers to showcase their music, see if Spencer or any other cooks can provide snacks and refreshments.. We could even have the Holy Dragon Alliance sponsor it so we could get more publicity as well." Jomei's curiosity perked at Hestia's want to perform, "Say.. were you a musician in the real world too?" 

ID 97239 | LD 2

I nod my head with a smile knowing that the stones can at least be used to light up the stage. When you start going into detail though i do grin and gain a very big smile. You are so right! So that means for performers that i know about are you,me,Itzal, and Kimi. Though there might be more so we should host like a sign up thing at the event for performers to showcase their talents. oooo~ we can even make it like a talent show thing where anyone besides performers can showcase their talents after the performers, or before the performers. One of the two. That way everyone can feel included, and not get left out. I say very happily at the thought of that as i look towards you. However, at the mention of a cook i can only think of Sey being able to imagine what he would say in that situation. "Sure i would be able to do that. As long as you can allow me a cut of any profits you make. Or just give me a discount at all your stores. Time is money you know." I chuckle and rub the back of my head glad that we would at least have Spencer. Yeah true getting the other professions involved in some manner could make it rather nice. Cooks, Performers, maybe get tailors involved by having performers dress up or make like stage curtains somehow. though that might be more like theater at that point then a concert. I say with a chuckle my mind racing with plans that are trying to be pieced together.

I shake my head to your question. Surprisingly i wasn't a performer back in real life. After i became the main caretaker of my little sister i dedicated all my time towards school, and making sure my little sis was being raised with the correct mindset and morals. Then there was helping her with homework also, so with all of that i kind of just ditched any dream of being a musician of any type. Thinking it would be a waste of my time to chase after a dream with little chance of success. However, when i finally got into the swing of things here i met a person that told me to chase a dream. Even if said dream can seem dead, or silly. that chasing after dreams is important, so i decided to do just that, and that is how i became a performer. I tell you being honest with you.

#97265  LD:14

"Hmm, well it's good to hear that even in a world like this.. when it seems all hope is lost.. that you've still managed to reconnect with your dream and follow it once again." Jomei said, grinning from ear to ear. It always brought him joy when someone found a happiness in this world, despite all of the death and danger that awaited them at every turn, leaving them to not only survive, but fight for their lives. "I actually was a musician before SAO, well.. an amateur musician." he ended with a chuckle, "I was a bit more accustomed to playing music during my schooling years back in Ireland.. Found a few guys, would play at the pub for a few Euros every now and again. All just in good fun. Just before SAO though, I had kinda stopped.. focused on trying to find a job. I guess.. same as you, decided to pick up an old hobby of mine just to.. relate this virtual life to my real one." 

I chuckle a bit as i rub the back of my head. Well i did pick up performer in the very end, but i was initially thinking of becoming a alchemist since i figured those would be in high demand. However, in the end Itzal convinced me that performer is better since it is what my heart was calling for, and as i said he said following a dream is better. I can honestly say that i don't regret a single moment ever of choosing that profession...even if i don't get like any customers ever. I say softly a bit bummed at how useless my profession seems to be except fro when people need a debuff now for boss fights. Makes me want to charge those frontliners for my perfect crafts for the frontliens just so i can get some kind of money from them. I say with a little pout appearing on my face as i cross my arms along my chest as i look towards you. So then what kind of instrument do you use when being a performer? I play the guitar myself. I tell you as i wonder in the back of my mind if there is anybody who chose drums as a instrument of their choice.

#97274  LD:18 1/5

"Well.. as I've told Piera before. We may not make as much business as the other professions.. but we sure as hell have a lot more fun." the Irishman said with a chuckle. "But hey, don't worry about the customers you get. I think after we planted the idea of debuffs in with the other frontliners, we may see those songs get put to a good use." The man brought a free hand up to his head, tapping on his temple with an extended forefinger, "I was keeping our businesses in mind with that comment, so as long as we use those songs during the boss fight.. we could make a name for Performers.. other than just the Familiar Sight songs." A proud smile stretched across Jomei's face when Hestia brought up what instrument he uses to perform, "Well.. I've taught myself to play a few different instruments.. In my workshop I have a piano, some drums, a violin, a guitar. Plenty of things to work with.." as he spoke, the man had brought up a hand to summon his menus, and after tapping on the selection he was looking for, a guitar-like instrument materialized in his hands, "but most of the time, I use the lute." 

ID 97356 | LD 8

oooo~ nice i play the guitar myself actually. Well it is more so the system probably helping me out since i never held a guitar before until i entered this game. Although it has been a good few months of self teaching also. What do you think of it? I ask with a smile as i show you the guitar that i have. Smiling happily at its design as i then show you the back of it that has white angelic like wing design on it, and my name signed into it in a cursive like manner. This is the instrument i will always play if i can help it. It is honestly going to be a bummer if i can't get something exactly like this back in real life when we escape. Since i have gotten used to this already. i say with a smile on my face as i look towards you. Showing off the guitar to the best of my ability. And yeah while we don't get lots of business it is honestly the most fun i think i could've had. I mean as a alchemist i couldn't be planning a concert now could i? I say in a happy tone of voice.

#97383 LD:11

"Hmm that's pretty impressive." Jomei commented, bending his body forward to get a better look at the instrument Hestia held in her hands. "Did you pick that up at one of the specialty performer shops? I've been to one before.. I bought Telrenya a customized violin for Christmas.. Couldn't bring myself to go and pick out anything to replace my old lute though." he chuckled bashfully, not wanting to separate from the first instrument he had chosen almost two years ago. "I'm sure you could find a guitar like that and learn to play back in the real world, if not, im sure someone could customize one for you." Jomei replied with a smile. "Oh, I almost forgot.. You had asked me to help you out with putting a melody to a song you wrote.." Jomei started, remembering the conversation he had with Hestia during the second of the Arabian Nights quests, "Why don't you show me what you have, and I'll see if I can help you... from the looks of it, we may be wandering for awhile trying to get this Phoenix to spawn, so might as well kill some time." 

ID 97364 | LD 12