[F9-PP] Friends and Family Bonding <Itzal and Hestia> <<Burning Phoenix Feathers>>

Itzal watched as Hestia moved up to the Phoenix and managed to stun the creature, preventing it from attacking back.  The fiery bird glared at them with hateful eyes as it lay there.  Velnia sat down beside Kuro at this point, since she didn't see the need to help.  Judging from it's current position and all.  Itzal watched as it's health dropped down further thanks to bleed.  It's health was lower than two hundred now and when Itzal attacked it would be lower than one hundred.  It would only take two more hits to defeat.  He ran over to it and released Meteor Strike, landing a critical hit and dealing a bit more damage than last time, as well as reapplying paralysis and bleed.  This was turning out to be better than he had hoped.  He held his blade up and looked at it.  Against most bosses, bleed wasn't all that special.  When groups of players used it against a boss at the same time however, the effect could be devastating.  He turned to Hestia.  "Two more attacks should be enough to take it down."

ID#  98121  BD:  9

16+1x11-75=112 dmg

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
75/740 [2/2 bleed <> 1/1 paralysis]
DMG: 222
MIT: 75
ACC: 2
EVA: 2
Abilities:
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two turns.

I look towards the phoenix as it comes crashing into the ground hard along the ground unable to move once more as i smile at that and quickly charges towards the phoenix and starts slashing into the creature over and over. I watch as its health decreases by only a small sliver as i then back away from it with a smile on my face as i nod back towards Itzal. You got this Itzal! Knock it dead cause i think at this point its fate is sealed by your sword, or bleeding out profusely. I say in a joking manner towards you as i just watch the attack that you are going to do against the fire bird. Wondering why you complain about numbers that badly when this Phoenix had fallen very easily to your strikes against it, and from what i can tell while you still have a lot of energy left.

ID# 98122 BD: 6   Bear Knock: 12 DMG

[H:4]  Itzal:  1,470/1,470  <>  109/144
[H:5] Hestia:  915/1065  <>  85/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
63/740 (paralyzed/bleeding)
Abilities:
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two

Itzal nodded to Hestia, wanting this battle to end as much as she did.  He got his sword ready and prepared to strike the boss again.  As he did however Velnia was getting over excited over a victory that had not yet happened.  Itzal rushed at the monster when Velnia knocked into him from the side.  The result of a super fast dragon running into the side of a human being running full speed at a bird lying on the ground was said human being getting knocked off his feet, spinning through the air over the bird, and landing on his back on the other side.  Itzal breathed heavily for a moment before sighing, a vein appearing on his face (if this were an anime).  "Velnia what did I tell you about working together and coordination?"  She grinned like a little kid before flying into Raven's arms and curled up in her embrace.  Itzal stood up and brushed himself off as he watched the boss lose it's paralysis and bleed a little at the same time.  Great.

ID#  98162  BD:  1  MD:  1

[H:5] @Hestia915/1065  <>  85/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1 (+15 HP 2/3)

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
39/740 (1/2 Bleeding)
Abilities:
<< Hellstorm >> : On attack rolls of 9-10, the Phoenix raises to the skies and with a flap of its wings shoots feathers upon the player with the most hate, dealing 50 more damage to its base, additionally the player suffers Burn damage at 24 damage per turn for two

I look towards the phoenix as i whistle for Kuro to follow up and try to knock the bird out of the sky, but instead of that i see the Phoenix smack kuro hard into the ground with a loud yip of pain.My eyes widen as i feel rage pulse through my entire being at seeing this happen. NOBODY HURTS KURO! I say in absolute rage as i charge at the Phoenix and swings over and over at the bird as it dodges my attacks like child's play as i continue trying to hit it with everything that i have even going beyond the sword art as the Phoenix then takes flight as i glare at it. GET BACK HERE! I scream in anger at it. Not liking that my best companion, and friend that has become my familiar just got hurt and knocked near lava by this Phoenix.  The yip of pain, and then i can hear the subsequent whimper and whines of pain as i glance towards my familiar who is laying on the ground licking his wounds. Abandoning what i am doing i run over to him and feed him a health potion. Just drink up Kuro drink up okay. I say in a panicked voice.

#98166  BD:2-1=1  CD:10 +1 total

[H:5] Hestia  930/1065  <>  86/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
39/740 (1/2 Bleeding)
Abilities:

Itzal and Velnia saw the monster attack Kuro and harm him, it's health dropping.  Itzal shot over like lightning when the Phoenix attempted to attack Hestia while she was down, and Itzal blocked it with his sword.  Velnia, who loved Kuro as a friend, ignited in lightning and shot at the phoenix who was locked in combat with Itzal, struck the monster and finished off the last of it's health.  Once it was down she doused her lightning and shot over to Kuro, landing beside him.  She watched as the lion stopped breathing which scared Itzal.  Velnia cried out, flapping her wings at everyone to back up.  She then rubbed her paws together, causing electricity to travel across them, then placed them on his chest and did some sciency stuff, causing Kuro to breath once more.  She grinned at him in the face before licking him and nuzzling against his cheek.  Itzal sighed.  "That was scary, and too close for comfort."

ID#  98167  BD:  7+3-2  MD:  2

16x11-75=101 dmg

[H:5] @Hestia  930/1065  <>  86/102  MIT:152  EVA: -1  ACC: 1

<< Phoenix >>
Statistics:
HP:
0/740 (1/2 Bleeding)
Abilities:

I just stare down at my familiar with wide eyes as i look down at Kuro as he stops breathing. N...no. I say softly in absolute shock as i can see his health bar slowly deplete more and more. As i can only watch hopelessly as the healing potion doesn't work at all. 'No this can't be happening. How is this happening! Familiar's can't die! i've never heard of one dying before!' I think in a complete panicked state ignoring Raven's curious glance as she watches me. Finding it rather interesting that i am panicking over a group of pixels and such that could be replaced easily. Raven just watching in curiosity rather then any emotional attachment at all. meanwhile with myself i'm crying over Kuro ignoring the phoenix that is trying to attack me, and not noticing that you had killed said phoenix. I then see Velnia come forward and sparks onto Kuro allowing him to breathe once more. At seeing this i just hug Kuro tightly to me while openly crying. having worried about the idea that he could've died, and that he could've just disappeared from me forever. having grown close to him as the closest friend i could have in this game. having had him with me since the beginning practically.

I..Itzal. I say in a shaky scared tone of voice as my eyes are still tearing up as i look towards you. Fam..familiars can die? I say in a questioning and confused tone of voice ignoring Velnia cuddling Kuro. The familiar itself looking just as confused, and rather frightened at itself knowing that its life was almost dead.

Itzal watched as Hestia cried over Kuro, clearly as attached to her familiar as Itzal was with Velnia.  He remembered how his own familiar had died and exactly how and when.  It was way back, back when he still had Ulises as a companion.  They were fighting a giant warg on the first floor when Velnia took a hit for them.  At that time Ulises took over completely and went complete and full on wrath mode, completely destroying the boss.  Velnia hadn't had any enhancements, she was just a companion at the time.  regardless of that Itzal had a strong attachment to her as did Ulises, and the combined emotions of the two had fueled their rage.  And here Hestia was, her familiar almost killed.  If it had died, there would have been no way to exact her revenge and release her anger the way Itzal could and did.  When she asked Itzal if familiar's could die he nodded somberly.  "Yes...  And no.  Velnia died once.  Killed by a warg back when I had, Ulises...  Another story for another day.  We realized something though.  Even though she died she was an npc, so she would respawn.  So we spent the next month searching for her and eventually found her again.  This time as a fighter familiar.  So yes, familiar's can in fact die as they participate in battle with us.  However at the same time, they are npc's so they'll respawn giving us another chance to see and tame them again.  So even if it does happen we won't be without them forever." 

@Hestia

I just nod my head somberly as i look towards my familiar while sniffling and wiping away the tears on my face as i look towards my precious familiar. I slowly get up onto my feet as i glance towards you, and says in a soft tone of voice. Can we please go looking for the materials for the name tag now Itzal. I wish to just spend some time with Kuro that is very much needed after what just happened. I say softly as i wave Raven over as she quickly runs on over with her lightning cheetah zipping on over within a instant practically as i looks at kuro and crackles with electicity as Raven glances towards her familiar with a smile on her face. Raven glancing towards you with a curious look in her eyes. So then what was that sword maneuver thing you did mister Itzal? She asks rather curiously having noticed the hand swap maneuver of the blade. I just look confused by her words having not noticed whatever she was talking about in terms of the attack you had done earlier.

Itzal nods understandingly and hugs Hestia from the side.  "I'm always here if you need me."  He then began following her request and moving forward to gather the materials.  As he did so Velnia flew back to Itzal, landing on his shoulder.  He hadn't pulled up his hood and mouthpiece yet, but neither did he want to.  He only did it when he was most serious, mainly as a form of paying his respects to Ulises at this point.  Speaking of Ulises, Raven came to him and asked about the technique.  'shoot she saw it' he thought.  He chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head.  "Yeeeeaaah about that uhm....  Suffice it to say that my friend Ulises came up with it and taught me it through, erm...  Unique manners.  It's a dangerous technique if in the wrong hands so I don't tell anyone the technique unless they have the skill for it, in addition to them having earned my trust.  Not just as a friend, but as a good individual altogether."  Itzal scanned the area and eventually spotted three materials.  He bent over and picked them up with a grin.  "Three out of five."

ID#  98197  LD:  11+5  CD:  8  +3 MAT

@Hestia

I nod with a smile as Kuro walks over towards me as i gently pet his head for a little bit and then stops knowing he needs his rest by this point, and wishing there was some kind of sled type of deal i could pull him along on to make sure that he stayed happy while resting up to the maximum amount. Not wishing to push my familiar after he basically had the equivalent of a heart attack. I smile rather happily at seeing you get most of the materials in one sweep as i relax with a happy smile on my face. So what do you plan to do after this Itzal? I ask rather curiously as i look into your eyes. After i say that i hear your response to Raven's question and nods my head in understanding of what you're saying. Raven hears your words and nods her head in understanding that it is like some sort of super technique like superheroes have to an extent. I understand mister itzal. Besides i am a martial artist so me using a blade is never going ot happen basically. Raven says with a kind smile on her face before focusing on where the three of us walk along the path.

Itzal continued to walk with them and when Hestia asked him what he planned to do afterwards he sighed.  "Well, I'd like to do the return of the queen quest since it gives a damage item.  If I can get that then I don't have to bother an alchemist.  I was going to a while ago but the quest was stronger than I realized.  Now that I have better chance of survival I'll take it on.  I'm just worried about my energy is all.  They all have mitigation so my damage may not be enough by the time my energy wears out.  After that I'll probably call it a day and go to sleep."  He turned to Raven who mentioned how she understood, and how it wouldn't work for her anyways.  He chuckled and nodded.  "Yeah.  Truthfully you need to be a one handed straight sword user to be able to use the technique, won't work any other way.  So it's pretty safe sense the one handed straight sword kind of sucks as it is, heh heh."  Itzal spotted four materials and smiled, picking them up.  "Alright, seven materials total.  Two to spare!  Here you guys go, I don't need them as much to be honest."

ID#  98201  CD:  12  LD:  13+5  +4 MAT

5 for the quest, 2 given to @Hestia

I nod my head in understanding of the reasoning behind going to the queen knowing that before the it got updated that the game did give decent damage buff from that quest that could keep a tier two buffed for a good bit with the item it drops, and that isn't counting the weapon it drops if what i have heard is correct also. I grin a bit and mentally adds that quest to my list to tackle alongside Kimi to try and get her prepped for fighting also, and if anything get to spend time trying to get to know her even more so then i did before.  When you hand me a material i happily take it and adds it to my ever growing list of materials that i will need for crafting whenever i get to it, or just paying off a alchemist or such for a craft or two that i could need made. I nod my head at that and looks towards the main settlement and then gestures for us to head in that direction. Unless you have some place you know about the ninth floor that is supposedly beautiful. I ask in a playful tone of voice.

Hestia seemed to have calmed down really quickly and he was glad that she was no longer feeling scared.  He was hoping that the rest of her day would not only be peaceful and restful, but enjoyable.  When he handed the materials to her and raven they accepted it with a smile and he nodded, always glad to help out another player.  When she asked him if there was any other place they could explore or if they should go ahead and head out, and he chuckled.  "We should probably head out, since there isn't any that I've found thus far.  Not yet on this volcanic floor just yet."

Summary

Both players get 2 sp, 1 nametag and 1,025 col

@Hestia gets 2 MAT