[F1-PP] Out of the Frying Pan, into the Inferno <Domarus and Hestia>

"You are so naive, so childish.  If you think kidnapping your own sister to keep her from me, and then attempt to convince her your the good guy is going to sway her you couldn't be more wrong.  You think she'll be safe if she's away from me?  Please.  You've no idea what the orange guild's have been plotting all this time.  Without me you'll be caught off guard, hell I'd believe it if they killed you both.  Or maybe took Raven as a slave.  I've seen it before, and she's seen the true depravity of mankind.  She knows that only I can protect her.  Because I don't lie to her about the world like you do!"  Suddenly he heard a voice that was clearly Raven's.  When Hestia turned around to see her, Keres shot forward, grabbing Hestia and throwing herself down the stairs with her.  She held her tightly, using her legs to keep Hestia's arms from moving, her body to keep her pinned down, and her hands to keep Hestia's mouth from moving.  Domarus looked at Raven and sighed.

"This..  Complicates things.  Raven you must listen carefully.  I don't know what you heard but it is all true.  If you didn't hear me when I shared my story to your sister then I can repeat if necessary.  I don't care about others.  I don't care about honor, fairness.  I don't care about helping the weak.  You already know how evil this world is, even the real world.  Good men and woman can't change it, not even your father.  And even the good are corrupted in the end, brought to the point of doing dark acts to accomplish what they believe is right," he said gesturing to Hestia.

"She believed that I had twisted you up, and planned to kidnap you to keep us apart.  And Raven.  I don't care about others because of their weakness.  Because they refuse to accept the truth.  Because they like to believe they are in control when really I've pulled the strings all this time.  You aren't like that.  You are strong and I don't doubt you would have discovered who I really am in due time.  Not only that, but you have made an impact on me.  There are no lies in this room.  No deception.  If you have a question, I shall answer it.  I wanted you to hear my side before your sister spoke up, as she most likely will try to make me seem like the villain."  Keres heard this and let go of Hestia's mouth, keeping her from moving still so she wouldn't run off with Raven.

@Hestia

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Suddenly find myself against the stairs ever so slightly dazed once more finding that i am growing to hate these two more and more with each passing moment. Finding that i don't care what it will take that i will form the prison and the first inmates will be these two deranged lunatics, and any who agree with his plans. If the prison can't be formed right away then death will probably be a better option, but even then. I know i wouldn't take a life i don't have it in me, and i know that even if i did i couldn't handle the emotional consequences and the ingame consequences that would happen right away, and the cost to try to go back to being green. The cost being way to high on every account, but something has to happen to stop these monsters from continuing there crazy plans of wanting to take over the world basically at the expense of everyone's right to choose.

Raven just stands there her eyes widening as her breathe slowly picks up as her mind tries to decipher everything she was told, and without much thought her body tries to activate any sword art at all to try and help her achieve the part of her mind that wants to activate. The fight instinct the girl that would previously run for the hills wanting to fight to try and make both parties agree. However, since they are within a safezone she can't activate her ability and thus unable to really do much. In terms of trying to start a fight here and now. Keres get off of my sister please, Ember don't start anything by doing anything like trying to leave just yet. Domarus. Can't we try to talk it out like civilized people. We don't need to resort to this. There is so much tension can't we try to calm it down? She asks towards everyone in the room. Ignoring her sister's immediate glare towards her that she can only be assumed from her willingly wanting to talk about things after hearing what She has heard. Raven having to ignore every instinct that demands her to kick keres off of her sister from her fight or flight having activated. Though she didn't allow that to rule herself as she looks towards everyone in the room, and occasionally checking behind her with a quick glance back to make sure there weren't any of these watchers or assassins nearby. Occasionally being ever few seconds. Using her training from Domarus to spot any irregularities, or differences in the rooms all about. be it misplaced things, or the shadows being darker then before. Raven doing her best to make sure those watchers of her sister aren't watching her currently.

Domarus watched with curiosity as Raven tried to activate a sword art but failed to do so.  Keres watched as she held Hestia down.  When it was clear it wouldn't work, Raven spoke.  She was calm and collect despite what she had heard.  Domarus listened to her proposal and grinned.

"I say time and time again Raven.  You mature and grow stronger quicker than my expectations.  I am fine with this.  Keres, let her go."  Keres got off of Hestia and let her move freely.  Keres may not be powerful in damage or mitigation, but she was agile as **** and just as fast.  She could easily pin Hestia down a second time while Domarus went in with his blade.  He wasn't afraid of her.  Not at all.  Domarus turned to Raven again.

"Civilly then?  Let's go to my study in that case.  Keres go ahead and prepare some food.  Hestia won't try to kill us or run off."  He would be locking the door with a key however, he didn't want Hestia ruining his plans.  He wasn't taking any chances.  He lead them back up the stairs and locked the front door, or rather the only door.  With that he went to the study while Keres went to prep their food and drink.  Domarus sat in his master chair, his power and pride on full display now that he wasn't keeping up a disguise.

@Hestia

I slowly get up while looking towards Raven with a confused look on my face not understanding how she is calm about this whole situation. I waste no time though on moving up the stairs not wanting to be in what feels like a dungeon meant to torture people, but from the set up that was done there easily able to decipher it was a alchemy like area meant for crafting. Which must mean it was meant for keres. Once i reach the top of the stairs i look towards my sister as she shakes her head. Already able to figure out what i was wanting to do as i just sigh softly after a initial flash of anger at her. Fine this is your choice. You're practically a adult by now with how you're acting. I say softly to her as i then just stand in the lobby not wanting to head towards this Study till Raven glares at me. Then i follow being rather grumpy on how as far as things are going it isn't how i wanted things to end up at all. Once in the study i look at Domarus having heard the door locking, and resist the urge to say anything about it for now. Not liking where this is going at all.

Raven looks to Domarus with a calm look within the study as she looks him in the eyes. Orange guilds ready to take me as a slave, or kill my older sister. That sounds like a cover up that people use to try and hide a truth if you're saying it. You said you would've believed that which means you have something to make it seem like that. What is that thing? She starts off with asking as she looks into your eyes with a calm look as if she removed all feelings and personal attachments from this conversation. Like Raven understands the importance of the conversation about to occur. Also i did hear about your past Domarus, and i'm sorry you had to go through with that. She says with a nod of her head to show some sympathy for your situation.  Also you mention how you're a manipulator, and like my sister she has taught me to not like that by any means. Since i can agree at least being controlled is not something anyone enjoys, and as far as i can see if you're a manipulator then how i can i trust anything i feel is true or how i personally feel about anything you have taught me. For all i know that was you manipulating me at key moments to try and make me more receptive to whatever you have planned. She says rather calmly.

To see Hestia realize she had no control.  To see her drop to a point of mere anger.  It filled Domarus with power, and he relished in it.  When they sat down Raven started by bringing up what he said in regards to the orange guilds.
     "
Laughing coffin is the most basic example.  That child I showed you who turned psycho?  They have their own guild, and the leader has a tendency to fall in love with women.  This leader is nine years old.  This guild is one that would slaughter without hesitation, and enslave if they got the chance.  I've been attempting to keep track of their movements and from what it looks like they've kept an eye on the higher floors and are planning what seems like random assaults but are actually rather coordinated.  I can't do anything about it currently as there's not enough information on it.  From what I can tell however, players like you and your sister may very well be targets.  With personal spies they can't catch me off guard and they know it, so they're keeping their distance from me.  If they like one of you enough, they may take you as a slave and attempt psychological reconstruction to turn you into their own.  It has nothing to do with me or my plans, save for you'd be protected if you were with me."  He spoke simply and calmly, though the sense of control never left.  When she mentioned how she did in fact hear his story and was sorry about it he nodded simply.  That was his past he didn't really care much.  All that mattered to him was the end goal.  She then mentioned how he had said he was a manipulator, and essentially asked him how she knew whether he was lying or not, or anything he'd taught her.  He closed his eyes.

"Twice I've manipulated you, but not for the reasons you or your sister would believe.  The first was to enlist you into my organization and by my side.  You were rather easier than I expected, to convince you to join me.  However, in the days that followed I came to, how should I put this.  Not admired, more like I was proud of you.  A sensation I hadn't really felt before.  I was proud of your progression in skill and knowledge, wisdom and intelligence.  I wanted to do another test just to be sure, which ended up doubling as a way to bring you closer.  I showed you that boy to see how you'd react.  Rest assured that boy was not my doing, they've gotten in my way several times before I finally destroyed them.  The reason I wanted to see how you'd react was to gauge the chances of whether or not I could tell you the truth about myself.  In the end you accepted the truth about the world and it's corruption.  The only lies I've ever told you Raven, was my own personal opinions on other people, and the exact details on my goals.  I don't want to take control of America and fix it, my aim's are to control the entire world and reshape it from the base up.  I need people I can trust, so while I manipulate others into my services, people like you I hope to convince to join me as one of my four generals, rather than manipulating.  In other words, you've made an immense impression on me.  Enough that I'd put this kind of effort into you."

@Hestia

I grit my teeth as i glare at you, and then grins realizing i had never destroyed the extra copies of what i had transcribed, and it doesn't matter since Raven knows that i stole and translated these anyway most likely from overhearing the two of us speak as i take out one of the extra copies i have made leaving me with four more as i hand it to Raven as i look to her. Feeling like Domarus wouldn't rip this from her since she deserves to know any truth he could be hiding. Wanting to try and put Domarus into his own corner for what he has done. Read this, and everything it says. While you were sleeping or while you were overhearing he had threatened to kill you with spies, and assassins if i ever so much as tried to help you get out of here. He is using you as a hostage to threaten me to be cooperative. I say calmly as i look towards Raven as i tell her this while keeping one eye on Domarus. Knowing that people can't die within safe zones, and i can get a message out rather quickly and easily. That even if he can be proud of my little sister to know he is ready to just kill her should be enough to shock her out, and make her realize this man isn't safe from her. So i would like for you to think about what he is doing.

So she was going with that move eh?  Why wouldn't she, she was desperate at this point.  He remained calm as she said this and waited for Raven's response.  Whether she remained calm, shocked, scared, or angry he remained calm.  After her response he'd sigh and speak up.

"When you have a project you are dedicating your life towards, and someone comes along attempting to ruin everything.  Most people, especially those who end up bottling up their emotions like myself, will react emotionally, that's just the nature of things.  I needed a way to shut her up and keep her from risking anything.  If I need to I'll lock her up in Keres' alchemy room, though I'd much rather avoid it entirely.  You were what was most precious to her so you were what I used to keep her controlled.  In truth I wanted to keep her silent by using this threat until I was sure you would be understanding of my personality and goals.  Once that happened I had hoped you would aid me in keeping her quiet by using less...  Forceful methods.  This is my life's goal and I cannot, and will not allow anyone to ruin it."

@Hestia

Raven calmly looks towards you with a look after having read what she had read. So then we both know you're a manipulator and master of lying lets say, and have big plans for the world with how you wish to shape it. Since we both know you're a manipulator obviously there is a matter of how can i decipher which parts are truths, and which are just a mixture of truth and lie to make me believe what you wish. She asks in a calm manner as she looks towards you. Myself looking towards her, and finding my heart broken at the sight of what Raven had become all to quickly. A person that knows all the bad parts of the world, and knows that nobody can be trusted within full. With the bonus of if she has been around Domarus long enough Raven most likely knows how to manipulate to a extent others around her. I just rest my elbows on my legs and looks towards the ground wondering if i went wrong somewhere. OF where my first mistake was within this world to lead me towards this point? It certainly wasn't meeting up with Domarus since then i would've never had met my sister and showed her what he does. Then..does that mean there never was a path that wouldn't lead to something like this or worst? Was this moment cursed and fated to have happened at some point during my stay within this game.

Domarus listened to Raven who seemed to have accepted him, and merely wanted to avoid being manipulated by him again.  Domarus turned to her when she asked this and looked her in the eyes.

"There are really two solutions and results to that question.  The first being that if you don't give me a reason to do so, I will never lie to, or manipulate you.  And since you know the truth, the chances of that are greatly reduced.  However I understand wanting to know the difference which leads to my second solution, though your sister will hate me for suggesting it."  He leaned forward, his eyes still focused on Raven's.

"I'm sure you've heard the phrase, it takes one to know one.  I can teach you the art of deception and the art of manipulation.  Through this you will be able to recognize how to realize when you're being deceived or used.  And if you're in a tight spot involving individuals like killers, you can learn how to use this method to stay alive.  Manipulation isn't always a bad thing, especially when you face the world the way it is.  Whether you use it or not is up to you however and I will leave that to your decision.  And whether you agree to learn this skill.  Oh and Ember."  He turned to her, a dark gaze directed to her eyes.

"You will bring those documents you have to me.  And burn them yourself in my presence.  I will not allow you to ruin my hard work."

@Hestia

Raven nods her head finding the use for learning such a skill would be useful, and would allow her to survive if Domarus seriously does have murderers after her if her sister messes up to get him angry or something of the like. Knowing that the chance of that being possible since she knows that Domarus seems to know a lot which means he does have spies or something of the like on his side. Seemingly knowing so much that it would be impossible to not believe anything else, and if he knows people he could easily get into contact with assassins to try and kill her at any moment. She then glances to her sister hearing that order to basically tell her to burn those documents as she can see her sister glare, and she instantly knows what that means. Upon hearing her speak she does raise a eyebrow and turns to Domarus curious to hear his response also to what her sister is saying.

I listen and frown at hearing the second option, but i look down and sighs softly knowing that i hate my sister becoming more and more like this man by the second, but the art of using others if there truly are murderers about could be necessary. Knowing and hating the fact he has a point on that regard, but at the same time being unsure if that truly is the case since assassins are given a contract to kill so they wouldn't really care all that much unless given a better offer possibly. To try and make the most coin all around being the only thing i could think assassins would exist for in the first place. At the mention of the burning of the documents i just look Domarus in the eyes. And why would i do so? What kind of threat could you do against me to make me comply? Since you already said the assassination threat wasn't the truth. Just something to try and get me to comply. Would you really threaten my sister's life if things didn't go your way. or would you threaten my own? Maybe someone i care for? What would it be? i ask in a calm manner.

"First of all Ember.  If you do as I tell you to, I will leave you completely alone and will even allow you to spend some time with Raven... Under surveillance since I don't trust you at this point.  I wonder what you'll do so I'll be watching you with a closer eye for a while.  If you do not cooperate then I'll most likely lock you up here until I find those documents myself.  Once all evidence is destroyed I'll let you go.  Some of my spies and assassins have prepared for such an occasion such as this, creating a false guild meant to deceive others.  If others investigate they will only come to the conclusion that an orange guild captured you with their own plans to use you before someone came and aided you in your escape.  It would be a risk, but it would be one I'd take if it meant increasing the length and chances of maintaining my reputation.  I will not threaten Raven's life.  However I will say this:  I've received word of something that may or may happen involving the Celestial Ascendant's downfall.  If you cooperate I will help you find more information, and quite possibly save all of their lives."

@Hestia

At hearing the mention of the Celestial's downfall i just give Domarus a look and says with a raised eyebrow. Let me guess it involves a player by the name of Fearx right? i ask rather calmly just assuming it involves that man since he has some kind of personal vendetta against Itzal. Knowing it is from previous games, so trying to destroy one of the things that Itzal could care for would make for a good blow to force Itzal to do something. Against the man to start a duel earlier then Itzal might of wanted to. Also, yeah you aren't getting those documents very easily since you can't even grab them without my permission since they're in my inventory. You can't get them off of me Domarus. I say not even hiding where i put all the documents since i knew leaving them in my house would be stupid. Even if Kuro is hiding there the fact he could die, and if someone went after them being way to high for my own comfort risk of allowing such a thing to occur. Anyhow i wish to leave i have things i want to, and talking to you is never on that list willingly. I just want to take my sister out of here and be done with your existence Domarus. I say rather plainly to the man. Not wishing to associate myself with this madman in any form that could count as willing. Just wishing to cause his downfall by this point, and to do that having these documents will be useful by sharing them with Itzal. Not wishing to bother Jomei with all of this since he probably has more pressing matters, but Itzal seems to not have that same problem from the fact he has been rather available for the last few times so is probably just looking for people to spend time with before the boss raid starts.

Domarus started to chuckle when Hestia had finished, and soon began to laugh before he responded to her words.

"I don't think you understand your position, you don't have a choice.  I'm not going to allow you to leave with even one document so that you can destroy everything I've done, and I know when you're lying.  If you refuse to give them to me then you will never leave.  You'll remained locked up where absolutely no one will ever find you.  If others investigate all the evidence will lead to a rather particular orange guild, set up to make everyone believe they had killed you.  Your guild fights to either find or avenge you, effectively removing another annoying threat and opponent of mine.  In fact, this honestly would help my rise to power far quicker than if you just obeyed and gave me the documents.  Oh and don't worry.  I'll feed and take care of you while I train Raven to be stronger, smarter, and above all how to remain in power.  Who knows, I may one day convince your guild to merge with mine.  You'd be surprised how easily that could be done.  And since you obviously don't care enough about the Celestial Ascendants to take up the offer of additional information I suppose I'll just let them fall to pieces.  You act all high and mighty even though you literally have no leverage.  No advantage, no chance.  No opportunity here.  You are literally in a prison and the only key out is your complete and utter discretion, do you understand?"

@Hestia

At hearing how nobody would find me i just simply open up my menu and shows Domarus the messaging system within the game with a raised eyebrow. Wouldn't be that difficult to get a message out when all it takes is just small movements of my fingers to type out message. It isn't like i'm doing written correspondences with them by pen or paper. I can easily get messages out to the right people to come to this shop to kick your ass, and then help me. Again i know the frontliners, and i know my guild wouldn't be scared to kick some person's *** that is threatening me.  I say towards the red haired man as Raven looks towards me, and then back towards Domarus as she bites her lip not sure who to side with. Knowing for her sister it is probably just a matter of having proof, and not wishing to be trapped. However, with Domarus it is definitely him not wanting all his hard work ruined by somebody.

Domarus' smile didn't leave his face as he knew this was coming.

"Unless you were paralyzed and someone forced your hand to remove all friends on your list.  If players die they're wiped from the list regardless so it would only further solidify my claims.  And while Keres may not be able to make.... Unique potions due to the update, she can still craft paralysis poisons.  And believe it or not I have another servant that I don't show anyone, and can easily have him continue to force a dosage of paralysis down your throat consistently to prevent any messages or friend requests whatsoever.  Ember listen carefully to what I have to say:  When I'm in charge, as I've said before, I will not be making lives hard for those under me.  I do not intend to be a villainous ruler.  If that happened I would be overthrown by those I was ruling.  In fact I intend to keep my subjects happy.  If that is the case why do you insist on destroying my goals?"  He held up a hand to stop her before turning to Raven.

"I will be fairly honest Raven.  The reason I haven't threatened to kill her is because I may forge, 'friendships' with her guild mates in the future.  That and your her sister.  I destroyed that dark guild without giving them a chance because there was no way they'd join me or my allies.  Because she has connections with allies of mine, and to one close to me, I would never think of killing her off.  It's always the last resort if there are no alternatives.  So now I ask you what do you think?  What would you suggest of the both of us?  I'm curious..."

@Hestia

I just frown and just nods my head. I take out the remaining copies of the documents and then takes out a jar of Cerberus soul, and then smashes the cerberus soul against the papers lighting them aflame as i drop them to the floor as i look towards the man. I did what you wanted burned the papers now can i go on my way. being with you is ruining my mood. I say calmly towards the man as i get up from my chair and start making my way towards the door wanting to just leave this place that is clearly some level of hell that has not yet been seen.  My sister just looking at me with a sad look as tears threaten her eyes. Clearly not liking the fact i seem rather dissatisfied with what is going on, and that the two of us will never seemingly ever get along no matter what part in our lives that we will achieve.

"Oh before you go.  Since it's clear I don't trust you even with Raven encouraging you to keep from spoiling my plans, I intend to have someone else watch you even, more closely.  Porvós?  Would you mind staying with Ember for a while?"  Porvós flicked his tongue out before slithering down Keres' torso and over to follow Hestia.

"Don't worry, he's not a pervert, nor is he a fighter.  He's only there to report back to me if you attempt to communicate with anyone else about my nature or plans.  And just so we're aware, he's a snake so there's absolutely no way he can repeat fully fledged conversations to me.  In addition he's a true master of stealth, other than Hikoru of course but let's face it he's less useful than Porvós here.  You won't notice he's there..."  He nodded to the serpent and, for the first time in anyone's presence other than Domarus and Keres', he changed the colors of his scales to blend in with his environment, and doused his flames.

"If anyone spots him and question's his presence, simply tell them that you're babysitting him and that he's very shy indeed.  If you fail to meet these requirements, well.  We've already covered what happens now didn't we?  Feel free to visit if you wish to see Raven.  She'd be heartbroken if her sister refused to see her after all," He said with a smirk before unlocking the door, Porvós following her everywhere and, true to Domarus' word, completely and totally unseen.

@Hestia

I just nod my head knowing that i can get away from this snake if need be. Rather confident of that fact also since i do have my own familiar who can attack and kill if need be. now knowing that familiars can die aiding in my plan to make sure i can do whatever needs to be done. However, i know i couldn't kill this snake since i don't want to murder a innocent life of a familiar that is doing as it is told, and there is the much simpler option of Kuro making sure to keep an eye on the snake with his sense of smell and hearing. Since if the snake truly is on fire there would be some sort of smell to associate with that snake and be easy to tell when he is not with me. Then i could simply message whoever i want in that time to get the information i want out. I leave the building and the shop for good not wanting to enter within its confines again. Rather content with just trusting my guildmate to make all my artisan's needs from here on out.

He watched her silently as she left the shop, Porvós slithering behind her.  When the door closed, Keres sighed.  

"I'll miss him..."  Domarus patted her shoulder.

"He'll be back, I want her under my control soon enough anyways.  I don't like having a wild card in the game."  He turned and moved back into the study and sat down.  He snapped his fingers and Keres bowed going to fetch refreshments.  He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"Uggh, this is not how I wanted today to turn out.  Fate has been fickle lately...  I apologize all of this was dropped on you from nowhere, I had been meaning to break it to you slowly when the time had come.  However your sister had to go snooping in things that she wasn't involved in didn't she?  **** this is a drawback.  I may need to double my efforts in leveling and increasing the strength of my guild because of this."  He turned to Raven and sighed again, realizing he'd need to comfort her.  He moved his chair beside hers and sat there for a moment.

"Listen, I don't do these sort of emotions but I'm sorry about what just happened between you and your sister ok?"  Keres brought them refreshments, multiple types of drinks and snacks, including whiskey.  Domarus took the bottle of whiskey and drank from that.

@Hestia

Raven just nods her head shyly as she rests her feet on the edge of the chair as she looks towards the ground of the floor not feeling entirely okay with everything that had just happened. That her sister is being supervised at every single step she does, and that the two people she actually cares for are fighting about things beyond her power. That he sister seems to be changing in some way that she doesn't understanding, and that the knight in shining armor was really more like a fallen angel. Broken, corrupted, and evil in a fashion, but also a being that could use some love from her understanding of what fallen angels are. That they are just misguided beings that could use some care to help them get back on the path to being more pure. Knowing there is no going back from their fall, but possible to try and help them in some manner. She wants to be the one to help this fallen angel. I want to learn how to avoid being manipulated Domarus, and at some point could you just leave my sister be i know what she has planned is not going to help you in any fashion. However, using the method of fear and such is not going to break her resolve i think in being unwilling to support you. That a more kinder and gentle method might be a better way to approach her. Raven suggests to you as she looks up into your eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make my way through the floor with a dead set fury of vengeance and fury about this man. Not liking what he has forced onto me, and knowing that a better approach was needed in going to him. That i should've gotten Itza for this! Domarus would've backed off then with the help of a experienced frontliner supporting my every move along the way. My right fist clenches in anger as i take a calming breathe knowing that i still have Domarus' journal and i can retranslate the page if need be.  Even with this fire snake now at my side all i will have to do is have Kuro protect it for now, and make sure that the snake doesn't find it and burn it into pieces to protect Domarus. Which will require me to quickly put it into my inventory to keep it safe. I then think through the quests of the floor's trying to find one that could be a aversion to the fire snake and thinks of the King of Lakes i had done with shield. 'perfect. I'm sure a fire snake would hate to be drowned in water when the King of Lakes would pull me under.' i think to myself not wanting to kill Porvos more so force him off of me so i can then get to a safer position to write my notes.