[PP-F1]<<Earning a Living>> A Merchant's Life

Sharr was heading for a shop beside an inn. He heard that it would offer a skill that could earn him a lot of Col. 'So, the Merchant skill, was it? Cooking never suited me, Blacksmith, bah! That's a job for the slaves back in Ancient times. Tailoring, meh... Being an Artisan? Making jewelry is great but I'm all about buying and owning those jewelries. So I guess the Merchant skill is what is best in this world.' He thought as he walked to the shop. Soon enough he was already at the entrance of the inn, beside it was a small and quiet building, it was not flashy like the others. 'Wow, that is one amazing shop, now I can see how helpful that Merchant skill is, no wonder this one does not get that much customers.' Having doubts if it was the right place, Sharr continued to the inn to ask some questions. Once inside, he asked a random player nearby about the Merchant skill. “Hey! Was just going to ask you if you know about the Merchant skill and stuff, heard you can get it from the shop beside this inn, but I don’t think it is that one. Is it?” 

@Vigilon

Vigilon had been going to the inns lately, hoping to find and encounter other players in this game. Since he didn't often encounter players in the floor he had his shop in, he would usually come to the first floor to seek out players. He soon was spoken to by a white haired player. "Well, to be honest, I haven't paid attention to the building beside this one, so I can't say for certain that it is a merchant. I know that if you speak to a specific NPC merchant on this floor, they might teach you how to be one. I'm willing to help you if you need anything, unless it's the merchant work itself, 'cause as a blacksmith, turning metals into armor or blades is more of my thing. But again, I'm willing to help." As he made his explanation to the player, he nudged his familiar, Veriost, awake. The small white frost dragon yawned, and stretched her wings. She was about to give Vigilon a look over waking her up, but that changed when she noticed he was speaking with someone. "I'm Vigilon."

@Sharr

Sharr listened to player as he answered his request. It seemed that the player did not know about the shop next door, and his knowledge was limited to that of knowing the need to talk to an NPC in the first floor and nothing more. He introduced himself as Vigilon, a blacksmith, someone who turns metal to blade and armor, he said. Sharr did not notice this at first but Vigilon seemed to have a pet dragon. “Name is Sharr, Level 1, Single, and have done nothing since the start of this death game. The Level part I mean, not the love part.” He said as he approached the frost dragon and tried to pet it. “Now how did you get one of these, seems cool in my opinion. Does it attack? Might even try to buy one for myself too. Where did you get it?” He asked, eager to learn more of what great things he could do in this game.

(Sorry this took tooooooooo looooooong, did’t and still don’t have access on my laptop that I’d have to use my phone. @Vigilon)

Edited by Sharr

The player introduced himself as Sharr. He said that he was level 1, and had basically accomplished nothing as of yet. "Well, we all have to start somewhere, don't we? It might not be easy, but keep at it, find some allies, go out there, starting with the simpler stuff, and I'm sure you'll find yourself taking on more challenges than you thought." He then noticed Veriost. He then wondered where Vigilon got her, as well as what she could do. The small white frost dragon, as expected, accepted the attention and petting. "Yeah, Veriost here breathes frost on her enemies, or whatever comes across to her a a nuisance here and there, so, yeah, I know how cold it feels to be struck with it. So far, I've been trying to come up with some ideas as to more ways she can help me fight. I found her in the fourth floor. You can find familiars in the wilds of Aincrad's floors. It's a quest, actually. Unlike most, this one will come to you. An elderly NPC woman will find you, and tell you the secret to taming familiars. Of course, familiar taming is not without risk, and, without the proper enhancements or buffs, the good ones that can help you will be really hard to find."

@Sharr

Sharr listened to Vigilon's comment on him being level 1. 'Why the hell does this fell like my grandpa lecturing about the secrets to life?' He thought. Then Vigilon explained about how he got his dragon. It was not bought in a shop like Sharr thought. 'I guess most of the good parts of this game can always be obtained in quests huh?' "I guess I should be getting a cool pet later on, and maybe try not to be a nuisance to it too, I wonder how hard it is to get one." Sharr gave the frost dragon one last pat in the head before distancing himself from it and Vigilon. "So the NPC comes to you huh? But ho-" Then as if on cue, Sharr felt someone tug his tunic from behind, he looked behind him and saw a small boy. And since he didn't have a player cursor above him, he quickly concluded that this was an NPC"Hey! You seem like a good candidate, wanna learn how to cheat the sy- I mean make good sales? Follow me." He said before exiting the inn. "So Vigi, do we follow him?" Sharr asked, but Sharr himself was already heading for the door.

@Vigilon

"Ha ha ha, not to worry, all familiars are different. Veriost here is kind of laid-back, and often sleeps whenever I'm not in battle, conversation, or whenever she's not snacking on sweets. She's got a real sweet tooth. I also know someone who's familiar is very shy, and I know someone with a familiar that is best explained as a blend between a kitten, a puppy, and a squirrel, personality-wise, of course. This familiar was also a small dragon. Well, how hard it is usually depends on how you want your familiar. Most familiars aren't intelligent or brave enough to help players out, and are only good for companionship. It's the ones that can help you in various ways that'll be worth searching for, but once again, those are difficult to find." Someone came up behind Sharr, and seemed to find him as a good candidate for something. This NPC spoke of "cheating the system", but he'd stopped himself, although it was too late for that. Sharr asked if they should follow. "Hey, if it has to do with being a merchant, this is your quest. Of course, I'll be sure to stay close by." So Vigilon followed Sharr to the door.

@Sharr

"Well he did say make good sales, and mercantile is what popped in my head when I heard it." He said as he exited the inn. When he was outside, he looked left and right searching for the NPC boy. "Come on! Right here!" He heard coming from the direction of the empty looking shop to his left. "So it was this one after all I was right the whole time! Let's go in!" Once he made his way inside, he followed the kid to the back of his shop where he was greeted with items littered all around him. He looked at the stats of one of the items which was spear"Fallen Damage?" He read. "Yup! That's what you get for being a merchant! And I am selling that for a Trillion gold by the way, yes, it is that rare. If you really want to be a merchant, you have to be crafty and smart for this..." Sharr dropped the spear and elbowed Vigilon. "Heard that Vigi-boy? That's me right there!" He wanted to say more but he was interrupted by a cry from the boy. "No! I'm all out!" The kid pouted for a bit, then looked back and fort between the two players. "Go get me around 3 more materials, unidentified at that, then I can show you how to do this." The NPC pouted again and crossed his arms.

@Vigilon

Edited by Sharr

(OOC: Since I'm not taking the quest, I can only find common materials for myself. However, if there are enough posts to do so, I might be able to try and find a chest, in which we'd split the loot if it doesn't end up being a mimic.)

Sharr mentioned that mercantile was the word that popped up in his head when the NPC said "make good sales", which was understandable. As it turned out, the building Sharr was talking about previously really was a merchant shop. As the two players followed the NPC to the back of his shop, Sharr noticed and picked up a spear that, apparently had fallen damage. Vigilon then heard something about if one really wanted to be a merchant, that they would need to be smart and crafty, to which Vigilon would remark "Brains over brawn, I guess. Sure, there are many around with strength and power, but even strength has to bow to wisdom sometimes. Not only that, but I'd be one to say that within this game, you need courage to take a single step, let alone jump in to the situations that await us in this game." The NPC soon realized that he was out of items to identify, and then he turned to the two players, asking them to find at least three items and bring them to him. As the players were walking out of the building, Vigilon had a few thoughts and questions that he said aloud. "Never in my days have I heard a request to gather unidentified items. I mean, aren't those found by killing monsters and opening chests? ...There has to be some other way... Maybe we could ask around, and see if anyone knows of a place in this floor where there are unidentified items just laying around."

@Sharr

After the kid's request Sharr and Vigilon headed for the exit, but before Sharr went out, he went to back to the kid to ask something. "Hey what was your name again?The kid replied, "The name is Billy! Now go get me those 3 materials!" "Yeah about that, where-" "What are you still doing here? Go get me those 3 materials!" "I will, I know but where do we start?" "What are you still doing here? Go get me those 3 materials!Sharr got fed up talking to the NPC and went outside where he found Vigilon. He said something out loud about unidentified items only being obtained through killing monsters and opening chests. "Well you are the expert here, I guess we will start with that plan then." As if on cue, an old man ‘No, an NPC’ went inside the shop. But before he could Sharr blocked his way. Sorry sir, but can I ask what your business here is?The old man replied, Oh? You must be Billy’s new errand boy! Oh, that boy… you see, I used to gather items for Billy myself! But I have gotten old, now I doubt I can survive in the House of Mimics in the middle of the forest of the First Floor anymore, it was a good spot secret only to Billy and I where a dead Mimic could be gathered for items, Oh the good old days…

@Vigilon

Edited by Sharr

Sharr tried to speak with the NPC, but he didn't seem to have any luck. Hardly any time had passed before Sharr spoke with another NPC, who apparently knew the little boy running the merchant shop, as well as a place where one could find unidentified items somewhere. The "House of Mimics". "Heh, well, that's one of the things I've learned. You can never really explore and find everything. There will always be something you never knew of just waiting for you. House of mimics, eh? Let's hope most of them are dead." It would be best that they find chests and items rather than a mimic encounter. He might be able to hold off any monsters and keep their attention if something goes wrong. For now, he would hope for the best. "So, this place you mentioned is in the middle of the floor, right? I guess we should be off, then."

@Sharr

After the Old man said his words, he started to head inside the shop to greet Billy. Vigilon then commented on what the NPC said, he stated that he wished that none of the mimics are dead, and asked if it was in the middle of the floor. The NPC stopped and said, "Well of course those mimics are not dead, when you kill them, they become a Treasure Chest which contains Unidentified Items. Here is a little warning young one, as soon as you enter the house in the middle of the woods, treasure chests of the same number of robbers, and strength that is equal to the strongest will come to life. (OOC: basically two with your loot parameters? Think you can take two at the same time?)." Before disappearing inside the shop. "So, I'm guessing it only appears when players take the quest, well that loots is ours for the taking! Shall we?" Sharr asked as he turned around and headed for the forest. On his way, he stumbled upon a crystal which he tried to pull out but failed to do so. Next to it was a golden coin, he picked it up but it became hot and burned his fingers a little making him drop the coin. "Ow!" The coin burried itself underground and in its place grew a house of gold.

ID: 99619 LD= 13+1=14 -Fail

@Vigilon

Edited by Sharr