[F4-PP] The yeti falls <<Essence of Steel>>

Why did you quit your guild? I ask curiously wondering what sort of reasoning would make one wish to quit their guild that they had been apart of for at least a good while. I glance around as the snowey mountain comes within view as i nod my head head towards your own question as i walk up the hill as the little skull on a stick comes within sight as i take out my sword and slams it hard into the skull while glancing towards you waiting to hear the answer towards my question. My familiar standing right beside me as the sound of a angry roar echoes throughout the area the tell tale signs of the knock off yeti having heard the call for it to come fight against us as i wait for the sight of it to appear. The first sign being the shaky ground, and then the sounds of the footfalls and then finally the beast jumping down in front of us roaring as it pounds its mighty hands against its chest while glaring down at us with red hate filled eyes.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shrugged. He hadn't really quit; not yet, at least. He was still technically in the guild, but he had seperated himself from the group. He was waiting for the right time to actually leave, so as to not worry anybody. "Just got bored, I guess. Not my thing." He had never been the social person, and being around so many people so often was really mentall and emotionally taxing. He often left their meetings feeling drained. Of course, that wasn't the only reason he seperated himself; he was tired of relying on others. He had only gotten to where he was by leeching off of others' success, the way he saw it. Plus there's that whole thing with Froppy, he thought. He shook his head. Nah, that's not part of the reasonIt was part of the reason. 

With a roar and a glare, the Yeti was upon them. Pinball's glanced quickly at Hestia, then back at the Yeti. Was he supposed to wait for her to do her thing? Or should he attack? He didn't have much time to make a decision; the snow beast was nearly upon them now. Pinball took a few steps back, looking at the woman next to him uncertainly. "Uhh, do I just go for it? Or do I..." He grit his teeth, undecided. 

I look over towards you rather surprised you didn't go in for the attack right away knowing you have the strength capability to knock it dead with a singular strike as i glance over towards you with a puzzled look. You should follow your combat instincts for when it is the right time to attack a enemy. For quests such as this the DPS going first is fine since i know you can attack it. However, on more high leveled ones you did the right thing by allowing me to go first by doing my Hate gaining skill. I say being honest with you giving a nod of my head as i activate howl against the enemy as the yeti turns to me with hate burning eyes and roars louder pounding its fist into its chest as it charges towards me ready to knock me over right away. I brace myself raising my shield as i gaze towards the beast as it smacks into my shield and tries to continue pushing me forward as i stand my ground while i grunt with exertion of trying to keep it locked in a neutral stand point but slowly but surely being pushed towards the edge of the mountain we just climbed.

@Pinball

#99418  CD:7  MD:10

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1241/1265  Energy: 120/122     MIT:151  DMG:5  Thorns: 54  ACC:1  EVA: -1

Pinball: ?/?

Snowbeast: 250/250 DMG:160   (does 24 MIN) 

Pinball watched as Hestia howled, instinctively reaching for his ears. Wait, no, he thought, giving his spear a twirl, leveling the head of the weapon, that's my que. With the Snow Beast's attention on the tank, Pinball was free to deal some serious damage without having to worry about taking the hits for anyone else. Too many times had he, undoubtedly one of the squishiest players in the game, acted as a tank for lower leveled players. He grinned, charging at the monster. His spear glowed, covered in a bright purple aura; Dimension Stampede, his highest sword art. In a flurry of stabs and slashes, the "Knock-off" Yeti was put down to less than a quarter of its health; from green to red in a single hit. Pinball took a step back, disappointed he hadn't killed it in a single hit. That kinda sucks, he sighed. You're getting there. You just have to hit Tier 3. Maybe refund Fishing? He let his mind wander for a bit. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

ID# 99419  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit) 

-Combat- 

Pinball attacks Snowbeast ~ Dimension Stampede 

14*15= 210 DMG 

-Players- 

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1241/1265  Energy: 120/122     MIT:151  DMG:5  Thorns: 54  ACC:1  EVA: -1

[H:1] Pinball: 540/540 HP | 37/54 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 14 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Snowbeast: 40/250 DMG:160   (does 24 MIN) 

Edited by Pinball

I watch as the Yeti roars in anger at it being stabbed by a spear as it is barely standing after the attack as i chuckle slightly as i decide to test my own luck with this as i activate a sword art of my own. I bend my knees and get in first position of my sword art and then quickly charges towards the Snowbeast ready to end this fight in a singular swift strike. I charge towards the giant yeti as i go for a multitude of swift quick strikes towards the creature as it manages to dodge every attack that i do towards it with some insane agility and swiftness that i haven't seen from something of its size before. I then watch as it raises its fist and goes to crush me as i use my shield to knock its hand away and grins as it works, but at the cost of thorns not going off. Your go Pinball! I call over towards you.

#99444 BD:1  MD:3+1=4   CD:8     +2 ENG total

-Players- 

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1241/1265  Energy: 122/122     MIT:151  DMG:5  Thorns: 54  ACC:1  EVA: -1

[H:1] Pinball: 540/540 HP | 37/54 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 14 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Snowbeast: 40/250 DMG:160   (does 24 MIN) 

@Pinball

Remarkably, even though Pinball had dealt the most damage to the creature, its attention was still locked on Hestia. That's just the usefulness of a tank, I guess, he thought admirably, spinning his spear to the side of his chest. The shafted weapon smacked against his hand with a thump. Offering Hestia a curt nod, Pinball walked forward, his walk turning to a jog. Pinball's feet carried him through the snow and shards of pixilated gore, his spear glowing bright hot with the sword art's intent. It was time to finish it. As he ran, he leveled his spear, the weapon held out in front of him, aiming to impale. His jog turned into a full fledged jog; Pinball was rapidly approaching the Snow Beast. THWACK! The spear went straight through the monster, the Snow Beast limply falling to its knees, impaled by Pinball's spear. In an instant, the monster shattered into light blue, transluscent fragments, floating on air. He turned to Hestia as a rewards screen popped into existance. "Rad.

-------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 99445  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!)

Pinball attacks Snowbeast - Mighty Charge 

14*4= 56 DMG 

Snowbeast is <<DEAD>> 

<< +1 EN / -4 EN >> 

-Players- 

[H:5] Hestia: HP: 1241/1265  Energy: 122/122     MIT:151  DMG:5  Thorns: 54  ACC:1  EVA: -1

[H:2] Pinball: 540/540 HP | 34/54 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 14 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Snowbeast: 0/250 DMG:160   (does 24 MIN) 

Edited by Pinball

I grin as the monster pops into nothing as the reward screen appears in front of me as i get the essence of steel as i smile rather happily at the reward. 'Three down, one more to go and i can then give Tei everything. But with three i can even then get all of my main armor and such to be useful in the next boss fight. i better get these to her as soon as i can humanly do so.' I think to myself with a grin of absolute happiness at this success as i then turn to you and realizes you just helped me with something for basically no reward in the end. Umm whoops. Okay so since i got the item how about this. You name one single quest right now and i would go with you on it no questions asked. You helped me get the third essence of steel i needed to get my damage armor ready for when the next boss raid happens, so i have to pay you back. Plus you seem like a nice person just needing some help staying pure on the inside within this game that can be both heaven and hell. I offer towards you not wishing to see a player just disappear, and if it is a potential player with lots of room to grow stronger. To have such a player die is already a tragedy with losing another precious life, but also one that can help clear these floors faster.

Pinball stood still as the shards fade away, his spear limply clutched in his right hand. He smiled to himself, watching Hestia celebrate to herself. He held back a sigh, sheathing his spear, the weapon sliding into the tube of leather across his back. He turned to leave, prepared to offer some excuse to get away. He had eased up a bit, being visibly more relaxed. Killing the monster had helped him vent, and Pinball wasn't nearly as upset as he had been just moments before. He immediatly straightened when Hestia started talking. He thought this was just going to be a quick little thing. He considered his options, scratching at his chin as his mind raced, grabbing at any idea that came to him. "We could do Long Live the Queen?" He paused, then corrected himself. "No, no, Return of the Queen, I think it was. My bad." He took a step back, looking for something in the immediate vicinity to lean against. 

Oh okay Return of the queen. Should be easy enough as long as what happened last time doesn't occur. I say with a nervous chuckle remembering being critted over and over by the queen without any mercy. I then shake my head to clear my thoughts. Anyway yeah Return of the queen lets go and do that since it should be possible considering your damage output combined with my Thorns should be more then enough to end the queen. I say in a rather cheerful manner of voice as i nod my head as i then glance around the area and nods my head as i gesture for you to follow as i lead us back towards the main settlement of Snowfrost so we can then head back down towards Urbus to take on the mutated queen like monster that awaits its fate of death by another warrior that it has never faced before. So then Pinball i'm going to offer you this. If you ever want to join a guild for good you're more then welcome enough to join us Holy Dragon members. We're always looking for some new members who are interested in joining a guild that is like family. No ranks within the guild just all on the same level and just a family really. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head.

Return of the Queen, Pinball's mind echoed. From what he knew, it was one of the more powerful quests; well above in terms of difficulty than perhaps anything he had undertaken thus far. It was an exciting prospect for him, but with the feeling of excitement came that of nervousness and anxiety. Would he need to prepare? Should he stock up on consumables before undertaking this quest, perhaps dusting off his apron and getting back into the kitchen? He wasn't quite sure what to do, but he wouldn't ask, either. He'd pack some consumables for  Hestia, even though the effects of food items wasn't as high as it seemingly used to. With a nod, Pinball looked back to Hestia. Then, his joking demeanor finally returning, he said, shooting finger guns, "Return of the Queen. It's a date."

Pinball listened silently at Hestia's offer. The Holy Dragon Alliance... It was a scary idea, meeting new people. It had never been Pinball's strong suit; besides, leaving one guild only to join another came off as kind of messed up. Still. If he wasn't going to roll with the Guardians anymore (or at least, if he still planned to quit), it wouldn't hurt to have more options. A small smile on his lips, Pinball nodded. "I might take you up on that." Taking a deep breath, Pinball looked around the clearing. "So. You wanna meet up in a couple of days for the quest? Or should we go right now? Unless, you know, you need me for something else."

I chuckle slightly at your words as i shake my head in amusement. Smiling a bit glad to see that you seem to be doing slightly better then before as i then hear your question as i just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly. Depends if you want to get a quest done now or later. I have a perfect damage potion for you if you need a good little buff. I say jut being honest as i continue walking alongside you towards the settlement of Snowfrost ready to either split up if that is your preference or go straight into tackling another quest that is on the second floor. Rather excited to go and do so since for myself that is just some more experience points, and chances to increase my level. With the wonderful bonus of spending more time with a lower leveled player. Knowing that i have been slacking in doing that to try and see if any newer players would be interested in joining the guild i am apart of, and even more horribly to see if any others are in need of help. 'Maybe i should take a more direct approach in asking if others need help rather then waiting to see if they ask for help.' I think to myself with a nod of my head.

He rolled his head around his shoulders, undeciding. Pinball wasn't good at making decisions. Zomekko, his familiar, leapt from its jar, swirling up and around Pinball's waist and torso, stopping on his shoulder, where it lie down, watching Hestia, its two front paws dangling over Pinball's left shoulder. Pinball was secretly super happy he had gotten that kind of attention from Zomekko, but he dared not express it, for fear of losing the cat's favor. "Uhh," Pinball slapped the sides of his legs, eyes darting from place to place. "I don't know.. when would you wanna do it? Now? Or like. Tomorrow." He paused, biting his lip. "I'm... I'm not good with making decisions. Decide for me. Please." Pinball took a step back, glancing at the ghostly cat sleeping on him. He smiled a bit, then looked back to Hestia. "But yeah. Seriously." He paused again, grinding his teeth together. "Oh," he said, surprised by the offer. "Yeah, that'd be great to use. How much do you want for it? It'll help out a lot.

I chuckle slightly at the rather excited part of hearing you wish to pay for my perfect DMG item as i wave my hand. You don't need to pay for it unless you have something like a Essence of Steel on you. Then i would request to have that for the perfect damage consumable, and if you didn't have a essence of steel then i would give it to you for free to use in this quest against the Return of the Queen. i say being honest with a small shrug of shoulders as we make our way through the snowey fields as gentle flakes continue to rain down from the skies at all times, but the snow never seeming to increase in the amount that is present. My familiar by my side walking beside me as i switch over to regular vanity clothing not caring for wearing armor since i am not worried about anything that could kill me. Also why not just do it now? Never hurts to complete as many quests as you can in one day. it is how i got to where i am now in only a short amount of time. I say being honest with a chuckle. I then equip my Golden Fleece item with a smile holding the warm fur against my fur enjoying the comfort it brings.

(Golden fleece equipped +3 LD)

"Are... are you sure?" To Pinball, it just felt wrong not to pay for something he was being given; or, at least, compensate for the other person's loss in some way, shape, or form. Pinball tapped his sides, then started walking with Hestia, his head tilted up to watch the sky. "I don't have anything much besides money though," he sighed. "That's lame. You should let me buy it from you," he complained. "Handouts are for dweebs, dude." Pinball kept walking, unsure of what else to say. Maybe there wasn't anything to say. He shrugged, then nodded, agreeing. "Yeah, we can go do it now. I might need a minute to pick up things from my shop... I mean. I guess we'll be fine without those. Nevermind." Pinball kept walking, his eyes scanning the area, curious as to what he might just happen upon. He looked to Hestia, curious. "You got anything with you that can help you search? I want to see if I can find anything. Like a chest, if I'm lucky." Which he wouldn't be, if history repeats itself. 

I am certain. I say with a nod of my head with a smile on my face as i look towards you as you try to push for buying it as i shake my head no. I don't need that Pin i already have a good bit of money on my side enough to buy a house for myself when i can find the perfect location for it. It is only a matter of time till i am fine, and i can easily grind for COL on the tier three floors once i get the right skills, and once i can find a DPS who can last just as long as i can in a fight. I say with a chuckle and a shrug of my shoulders as i take out the item from my inventory and hands you the consumable that you get from the Return of the Queen quest. Here you go perfect damage consumable. use it for the quest and we will be even. I say honestly as i then glance around the area trying to find some kind of item that i can while wearing my golden cloak. However, the snow suddenly becomes a lot stronger making me cover my eyes and cover the ground in a new fresh batch of snow covering anything that could've been seen.

#99476 LD:3+3=6

Pinball accepted the potion, taking the small vial in his hand. "Thanks man," he said, tapping the potion, the option to place it in his inventory now in front of it. If she has that much money, he reasoned, then it should be fine. With a touch of the button, the potion was gone, and he now had a damage potion that would significantly increase his... damage. He wondered by how much it would do that, and if he would even notice the difference once he drank it. With a small sigh, he skipped ahead through the snow. "Shame there's no chest in the area," he grumbled, kicking up snow in a twirl. "Would have been cool. I could use the col. Or... anything, really." Pinball actually wanted to pick up different armor as well, just to try out the effectiveness of different builds. He recalled his meeting with Hikoru. He didn't know much about the man, really, but he heard that he was a frontliner, and that he was some kind of stealth guy. Pinball wondered if he should invest time into doing that as well, given the squishiness of his build. There's more important things to pay attention to for now. 

RECIEVED: Queen’s Honey: [Perfect Potion: +3 Damage] from Hestia

Edited by Pinball

I nod my head in understanding as i pat your back gently. Don't worry i totally understand the issue of needing money for some items be it house, or next tiered gear. It is a struggle, but by the time you need your next tiered gear you usually have managed to get enough to be able to pay it off. I say in a confident tone of voice with a smile on my face as we walk through the snowey areas of the fourth floor as a source of light appears in the distance. Well seems like we're getting close at the very least that means we should be there within the hour, or even before thirty minutes would be able to pass. I say with a bright smile at my face at realizing that as my familiar seems rather fine with getting out of the snow also if his take out with his wings and flying over towards the main settlement is any indication of my familiar's excitement at being home.

Pinball nodded again, letting himself get lost in his thoughts as he walked. Hestia made a good point; it was indeed a bit of a struggle, but as he progressed, it would undoubtedly get easier. He just had to have the determination to go for it, and the will to follow through with it. As they trudged through the snow, Pinball lifted his head as Hestia pointed out the source of light in the distance. "Oh, cool," Pinball said. "Yeah, we should be there pretty soon." He doubted they would get there in thirty minutes; that was way too long. Pinball's personal guess was fifteen, twenty minutes at the absolute most. The floors were quite large, though, so the lanky teen couldn't be sure. He looked to Zomekko, the ghostly figure still lying on his shoulder, her paws dangling from either side. Pinball smiled to himself. So cute, he thought. 

I smile as we continue traversing till we arrive at the main settlement of the town of snowfrost where peaceful elven people along with human NPCs are just walking around and doing their own thing seemingly just enjoying the snowy day like every other day with happy chats and laughter. For myself i am just making my way towards the teleport gate to get towards the second floor that is the town of Urbus. Feeling like i have succeeded at what i needed to do. To get towards another Essence of steel and having the wonderful bonus of being able to help out a player that i don't really see. 'I really need to be better at keeping up with others that i meet.' I think to myself making a mental note to accept any invites that come from people who i have met before to be able to stay in touch with them in some form or the other.

As the two players got nearer and nearer to their destination, Pinball found his mind once again wandered. He thought about what he was going to do tomorrow; would he go to the meeting with those two players after all? Nah. That was something to work out another day, and he wasn't going to play by their turns if it was the death of him. A rising feeling of disgust begged him to change the subject. He wondered if it would be raining when he got back to his shop on the 8th floor. Pinball loved it when it rained, but he loved the forest, and the only shop he had found that suit his tastes was the one he currently occupied. Speaking of housesHe wanted to buy one. Soon. Sleeping on counters and chairs was all well and good, but Pinball wanted a house to call his own. Living in a shop sure beat sleeping in an inn, but it wasn't nearly as comfortable. It was a pass up, really. Maybe he'd take a nap when he got home.

Having arrived at the teleporter, Pinball turned to his companion with a deep breath. "Well, since we're doing it today, I'm going to go to my shop for a bit, and rest up a little. I'm a bit tired." He started to walk onto the pedastal, giving one last lingering look at the grey, snowy skies of the Fourth Floor. "Yeah. That's what I'll do." With a nod, Pinball concluded his goodbyes, and left.