[PP-F7] Dusty Dudes and Bad 'Tudes <<Case of Wurms>> ~ COMPLETE

Pinball pushed himself off of the sand, his entire front half caked in sand. His hair was flattened as well, clumps of sand sprinkled over as if they were crumbs. "Bleh," he spat, sending a lump of sand to his side. He looked over to Rein, smiling a bit. "Nah, it was fun," he said, not sure why Reinholt was making sand angels in the middle of a battle. "You helped," he said, walking towards the prone man, "like. Moral support, or something." He slung his spear across his back, then offered Reinholy a hand up. He still felt the adrenaline coursing through his veins, and Pinball grinned. "Man, that was fun," he nodded, going as if to crack his knuckles (of course, they didn't crack). The sandstorm was picking up now, and the crystal shards that offered proof of the snake's death drifted away, carried by the sandy winds. A rewards screen popped into life, and Pinball dismissed it. "Come, Reinfart. Let us go, and savour the fruits of our labours." With that, Pinball skipped away, heading back to the mountain path, twirling this way and that. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah I guess face planting in the sand is more fun than getting eaten by a giant snake dude." Renholt says with a chuckle and takes Pinball's hand before rising to his feet. He had sand in -all- the places and he wiggles a bit to and shake it out. As he retrieves his sword, his rewards screen pops up and a grin slides across his face. [/color]Nice. Two levels and I didn't even really do anything. Plus I got a poison coating for my sword..sweet.[/color]

He dismisses the rewards and sheathes his sword. Wanting to get to know this kid a little better, but not wanting to pry too much Reinholt watches Pinball  go back up the path the way they came for a moment before starting to walk after him. " So Pin, you in a guild or anything like that?" An innocent enough question, especially considering Reinholt had been looking at Guilds to join.

He made his way back to, up, and around the mountain path, not really initiating too much conversation himself. In comparison to Deforestation, Case of Wurms didn't give too high of a reward in regards to the quest item. A relatively weak DoT wasn't anything when compared to a pure DMG potion. At least, in Pinball's opinion. He looked back to Reinholt as he walked, the man asking him a question he got asked often. "Uhh, yeah, I am, actually," he said, though he didn't say anything about how he was planning on leaving. "Guardians of the New Dawn. The people there aren't too powerful, but we're one of the most active guilds in the game." Pinball spun around to face the man, walking backwards now. "Why do you ask? You interested in joining?" Pinball looked the man up and down, trying to piece together his general personality. He came to the conclusion was someone Stryder would like. "You can probably get in easy.

Reinholt hooks his thumbs on his belt and makes a face. He hated sand and anywhere that had sand. With a huff he listens to Pinball as starts to speak of the Guardians of the New Dawn. What are the chances I'd run into someone In the very guild I've been scoping out? Luck was definitely in his favor.

"I am looking to join a guild and have heard good things about the Guardians. It's even more fortunate that I met you now." He nods his head and offers Pin a smile. Granted, he wanted to put a little more work in on grinding out some levels before he actually joined a Guild, it would be nice to have an inside man so to speak. He was about half way to where he wanted to be before joining a Guild, so it wouldn't be much longer. Once he got to level 10 and got his gear straightened out he would be set.

Bunching up his shoulders, unsure of how to respond or keep talking about it, Pinball walked back down the mountain path. They were almost back to where they had seen the stream before, and Pinball swiped open his menu as he walked, tapping and sliding through his inventory. "Yeah, they're good people," he said finally, materializing his fishing rod with the push of a button. "They don't have a single guild leader, either. It's more like branches, and the majority has to agree with something before a decision is made." He scratched at his chin, leaning the pole against his shoulder as he made his way over to the small pond. "It's a pretty cool idea, I think. Definitely beats the singular center of power thing in all the other guilds. I mean, it appealed to me, at least." With another hop, Pinball took a seat on a rock, facing the pond. "Well, we'll be here for a bit. Ready to start fishing? You can look around and see if you find anything useful, too." 

Reinholt nods. Liked the way it sounded even more, having a group in power vs a singular point of power. Less corruption and generally better atmosphere when things are like that. ”Sounds like something I’d like to be a part of. I’m not ready to join yet though. I want to work on myself a bit more before I join anyone.” He says as they arrive at the pond. Pinball gets his fishing rod and Reinholt smirks as he looks around at the rocky terrain. He had heard about random treasure chests so while Pinball started to fish he thought he would search around the area looking for a possible treasure chest.

After awhile he sighs and flops down on a decent sized rock that was a bit higher than the pond itself. "Well Pin, there's no treasure chests that i could find around here. Maybe you'll have better luck fishing." He says, leaning back on his hands and stretching his feet out in front of him. Being out and about with other players was alot nicer than being solo, that's for sure.

(ID#99620 LD=11 nothing found.]

Edited by Reinholt

Pinball cast his line, the hook hitting the water with a soft plop. He looked over to Reinholt, and offered a helpless shrug. "It's whatever, dude, don't worry about it. They're super rare anyways." Pinball looked back to the water, just as the line went taut. "Huh?SNAP!! The pole was sent flying backwards, and Pinball stumbled to his feet, knowing full well what was about to happen. "Reinholt! Get back!" A large figure leapt forth from the water, landing in front of the two players, the ground shaking with the sheer weight of the thing. Vwoosh! The creature took a vertical swing at Pinball, with an object he couldn't identify. Pinball pulled back just in time, the weapon swinging past his face harmlessly. He jumped back. "This thing will mess you up. Stay back!" Pinball reached for the spear on his back, a serious expression on the otherwise goofy boy's face. 

<< River Reaper >> 

Pinball grimaced. The monster was quite large, carrying a wicked looking mace, scraps of leather armor strapped to its scaly body. The monster was a dark green, with bright yellow eyes and fangs that were too large for its mouth. Pinball took a step back, lowering his spear, waiting for an oppurtunity to strike. 

------------------------------------

ID# 99621  CD: 1 (Boss Monster) MD: 7-3 = 4 (Miss!) 

River Reaper attacks Pinball - Miss 

- Players - 

Pinball: 560/560 HP | 56/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

- Enemies - 

River Reaper: 560/560 HP | 168 DMG | 28 MIT 

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt was just sitting there, leaning on his rock and minding his own business when Pinball shouted and moments later the ground shook. His eye snaps open and sees the large scaled river monster before Pinball and he jumps to His feet. He assesses the situation before him. That was a hell of a monster. I doubt i could even hurt it..but one hit from it would probably kill me. He thinks to himself before sliding down off the rock he was on and swinging wide of the monster and Pinball.

"Pin, that thing looks significantly meaner than the snake. I'm willing to bet not only will I not be able to actually damage it, it could take me out with one hit." He stays out of engagement range of Pinball and the monster, his inventory screen pulled up. "I'll stay back. I got some healing items if you need them, but I don't want you worrying about me while fighting that thing. Just let me know what I can do to help. His voice was calm, but his inner voice screamed to no end to run like hell. But he couldn't leave Pinball. He could atleast offer his potions if Pinball needed them. So he stood there, waiting and watching.

Pinball watched the River Reaper lumber forward, the ground shaking with each step. He took a hesitant step back, watching the monster carefully. Pinball was low to the ground, his spear raised as if to stab upwards at the monster, should it get to close to him. With a snort, the monster stopped, and took a vicious swing at the crouched teenager. Vwoosh! The swing of the weapon was audible as it flew past Pinball, who easily ducked out of the way. Wasting no time, Pinball took advantage of the monster's attempted recovery from swinging such a heavy weapon, laying Dimension Stampede on it in an instant. The same colors, black, white, purple, and blue flashed, the River Reaper letting out a growl as its health dropped. The mob stumbled back, before becoming encapsulated in ice.. "Oh, Jesus," Pinball mumbled, giving his spear a twirl. He had put a dent in the creature's health, but it definitely wasn't dead yet. 

---------------------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 99626  BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 4-3= 1 (Miss!) 

River Reaper attacks Pinball - Miss! 

Pinball attacks River Reaper - Dimension Stampede

Phase Activates! (28/2= 14) 

14+2= 16*15= 240-14= 226 DMG 

River Reaper is FROZEN! 

<< -17 EN >> 

- Players - 

Pinball: 560/560 HP | 39/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

- Enemies - 

[FROZEN] River Reaper: 334/560 HP | 168 DMG | 28 MIT 

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt winced as the creature lumbers forward and swings the heavy mace at Pinball. Thankfully Pinball easily avoids the attack and Reinholt watches in near awe as Pinball executes his Sword Art. He couldn't wait till he held such power at his finger tips. He ached to unsheathe his swkrd and charge at the monster but knew it would surelt be a death sentance for him. The monster grinds to a halt, obviously frozen from Pinball's attack.

"Yeah Pin! You show that dirty lizard who's boss!" He shouts and starts to laugh. He was literal moral support this time around. But it's all good. Reinholt was ok with being a cheerleader until he was as strong as Pinball. "Hope you ready to take a dirt nap Ugly! Pinball is gonna destroy you!" Reinholt pumps his fist in the air, waiting and hollering like he was watching a high school football game. It felt ridiculous.

As Pinball closes in for another, easy attack against the frozen monster, he hears somebody shouting. His head whips around, only to see Reinholt pumping his feet in the air, and cheering for him. "I, uhh-" Pinball began, his face turning red, "what... what are you doing?" Pinball's ears felt like they were on fire as he watched Reinholt cheer, unsure as to how he should react to something like this. The cracking of ice brought his attention back to the River Reaper. In chunks, the ice fell from the monster, first freeing its, face, then its arms, which it used to smash the ice itself with a heavy fist. The River Reaper let out a grunt as the tip of its weapon hit the ground, the tall creature glaring down at Pinball menacingly. "God damn it," he grumbled, shooting a look at Reinholt. "I blame you, you absolute turd! Jesus Christ.

-----------------------------------------------------

-Combat- 

ID# 99627  BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) MD: [FROZEN] 

River Reaper is FROZEN! 

Pinball attacks River Reaper - Critical Miss! 

<< +1 EN / -2 EN >> 

- Players - 

Pinball: 560/560 HP | 38/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

- Enemies - 

River Reaper: 334/560 HP | 168 DMG | 28 MIT 

Edited by Pinball

The excitement fades as he realizes he was more of a distraction and he falls completely silent once Pinball's attack misses. Pinball barks at him, calling him a turd and Reinholt's cheeks nearly catch fire. He slowly stops pumping his fist and puts his hand awkwardly on the back of his neck. Lord I'm so stupid..If he dies now..

"You know what? I'm just gonna stand here and be quiet, yeah? Let you deal with the scary monster." he nods and steps back. Super embarrassed and he felt bad. That attack could of ended the whole thing but Reinholt ruined it. "Atleast it's kind of still frozen...right?" he says before making the motion of zipping his lips. If things went sideways now it would be Reinholt's fault. He felt absolutely awful. Hopefully Pinball could turn this around and best the crap out of the big ugly. 

Pinball grit his teeth, watching the River Reaper let loose a low, guttural growl. From behind him, Pinball heard: "Atleast it's kind of still frozen...right?" As soon as those words were spoken, the River Reaper stepped forth, what little ice remained shattering through the sheer strength of the beast. Pinball, with a blank face, glanced at Reinholt, a finger on his cheek. "Hm," was all Pinball said. The sound of the wind against the monster's gruesome club proved to be a kind of alarm system for Pinball; he heard it well before it came. He backed off, and immediatly retaliated with Dimension Stampede. As he concluded his attack with a jumping slam, he left a wicked vertical slash across the front side of the monster's torso. It took a knee, hitting the ground with a thud, using its club as support. Its health was now in the red. "On its last legs," Pinball called out to Reinholt. "Wanna come hit it, and see what kind of damage you do to it?" Pinball took a step back, eyeing the dangerous looking club. "The chance you even get hit is 50/50, right?" He hoped Reinholt wouldn't take his jokes the wrong way. 

-----------------------------------------------

ID# 99631  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) MD: 4-3= 1 (Miss!) 

River Reaper attacks Pinball - Miss! 

14*15= 210-28= 182 DMG

<< +1 EN / -17 EN >> 

- Players - 

Pinball: 560/560 HP | 22/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

- Enemies - 

River Reaper: 152/560 HP | 168 DMG | 28 MIT

Edited by Pinball

Reinholt's stomach sinks as the beast breaks free and swings at Pinball. But the nimble spearman easily avoids the attack and then counters with the same Sword Art as the first time. The devastating attack drives the monster to it's knee. "Yea.." he starts to shout again but stops himself.

Pinball stands before the injured monster and asks him if he wants to come try and hit It. Chuckling Reinholt shakes his head. "I'd be like a Chihuahua biting at a dragon. There's not point in it. Besides, you got it handled just fine, my man. So by all means, go ahead and finish it off. I'm just gonna stand here like a good Chihuahua and yep from the sidelines if that's ok with you. " Reinholt call back to Pinball. Even though the fight could of been over if Reinholt hadn't distracted him he could still joke around. Reinholt respected people who could joke in the face of danger.

In a last ditch effort, the monster rushed forth, sending tremors across the ground. Pinball, distracted by the conversation with Reinholt, grinned. "Well, you're - UMPH!" The River Reaper swung, like a bat, at the unaware boy, catching him square across the chest. Alarmingly, his health dipped just barely above the yellow. Pinball was sent tumbling backwards in a roll, his spear still clutched tightly in hand. He used it to steady himself, then pull himself up, glaring at the monster who had sent him flying. "Damn it!" Pinball ran forth, unleashing his strongest sword art, Dimension Stampede, for the last time in this battle. The monster let loose a loud, rumbling death cry, froze, then shattered, sending blue crystals flying this way and that. A large, flaking, pixelated gash was evident across the boy's stomach and chest. He turned to Reinholt with a grin. "He dead." A rewards screen blazed into life, and he dismissed it with a flick of his wrist. "We'll split that up later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ID# 99632  BD: 7 (Hit!) MD: 10 (Crit+2) 

River Reaper attacks Pinball - 168+2= 170 DMG! 

14*15= 210-28= 182 DMG

<< +1 EN / -17 EN >> 

- Players - 

Pinball: 390/560 HP | 6/56 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

- Enemies - 

River Reaper: 0/560 HP | 168 DMG | 28 MIT

- Loot Roll - 

ID# 99633  LD: 12  CD: 6 

• 560+1680= 2240 Col 
  • 2+1 = 3 T1 Materials 
  • Unidentified Rare Weapon
Edited by Pinball

Reinholt watches as the beast weapon hits Pinball and sends him flying. Worriedly he watches Pinball's health drop in the party menu. Thank God. He's still in green, however just barely. With a sigh of relief he watches as Pinball unleashes his attack and starts to cheer as the monster suffers an icy death. He moves forward toward Pinball, scrolling through his inventory.

"See, I knew you could take that ugly thing." He materializes a health potion in his hand and offers it to Pinball. "Won't do much for you but it's the best I have." He says as he stops beside Pinball. He looks out over the frozen remains as they start to disappear. One day he would be strong enough to be able to take monsters like that, but he was smarter than running head long into a fight he knew he couldn't win. "Split? Naw man. You did all the work. I was the faulty cheerleader that could of got you killed. You keep it."

Pinball shook his head, refusing the health potion. "Nah, dude, don't sweat it. I think I'm done fishing, anyways." Pinball watched as Reinholt went over to where the monster once stood, curious. "I appreciate it, though," he added. Pinball walked over to stand beside Reinholt. "What do you mean, 'nah'? Of course we're going to split it. That's that, nerd." It was true Pinball had done all the fighting, but he had dragged the man through so much in such a short span of time, he didn't want to leave him hanging without some kind of reward. A better reward than DoT poison, at least. He started walking. "We're going to split it, dweeb. Let's just..." he looked towards the pond, leaving his fishing pole behind, "get as far away from this river as possible." He sheathed his spear, and started walking again, motioning for Reinholt to keep up. "I'll start tallying up the stuff right now, actually," he said matter-of-factly, tapping through his inventory. Now that the day was won, Pinball was more than happy to split the rewards with his party member. 

Reinholt nods and puts the potion back into his inventory. Pinball insisted the rewards be split so Reinholt shrugs as he moves to walk next to Pinball. "I guess if you insist, who am I to turn down free col?" he chuckles and hooks his thumbs in his belt again as they walked. All in all it had been a fun, rewarding day. He felt on top of the levels and other rewards that he asnd this kid could be friends at the end of the day too. Plus he was in the Guardians of the New Dawn.

"Thank you for letting me join you today. I'll repay the favor one of these days, my friend." He says and pats Pinball shoulder. There were those that believed friends made you weak, but in reality it was the opposite. Either way, he counted the kid as a friend and would pay back his kindness one day.

Once they were well away from the so-deemed hazardous body of water, Pinball found the nearest, largest rock. In two hops he was on top of the boulder, where he took a seat, folding his legs. "Alright," he said, swiping his menu open with a flourish, "time to split the goodies." Pinball tapped through the menu's interface, scrolling through his inventory and taking note of his total amount of col. Namely, the amount of col he had earned from the death of the boss monster. Pinball tallied it all up, then sent a trade request to Reinholt. "Alright, Reindolt, accept the trade request." Pinball put up for trade Reinholt's half of the total col, one of the three materials they had procured, and, with his shoulders bunching up , the Unidentified Rare Weapon that had dropped as well. "I don't really need it," the boy explained. "My weapon is pretty powerful as is, and I'm saving up my col for a home. If I were you, I'd take that to Shield; if you're lucky, he might identify a Unique enhancement." When he was finished speaking, Pinball hopped off the boulder. "Well, Reinholt, I'll catch you around. Oh! And if you're looking to join the Guardians of the New Dawn, talk to Stryder. Or Eatos or Hei. Hei can be found in his tailor shop on Floor One, I think,  and Eatos in her smithy on Floor Four. Stryder is a murder hobo, and I don't know where to find him. Good luck!

With all that had happened today it felt good to be in the calm wilderness again. Then suddenly Pinball jumps onto a rock and starts dividing up the loot. When the trade came across Reinholt almost objected, but stopped himself as he doubted It would do him any good. So he accepts It and nods as Pinball lists who to look for in the Guardians, he makes a mental note of the two shops and three names. He smiles at Pinball.

"It was fun. Next time I promise to pull my weight in our adventures." He sighs and looks around. "I like it up here. Unless I'm busy with a quest I'll probably be hanging in Nimbus. Feel free to look me up if you ever need an adventure partner." Reinholt holds his hand up in a wave. "Take care of yourself Pal." He turns to look out at the Rocky terrain for a moment before bidding a final farewell and turning back toward Nimbus.