[PP-F1] Learning to Sew <<Earning A Living>>

Krysta had heard of an NPC tailor who might be able to help her learn in the art of her intended profession. Finally, her opportunity had come, now that she had actually been able to find an NPC who can teach her. She entered the shop, and found the NPC. "Hello? I hear that you can teach me in the art of tailoring." The NPC's sense of style was quite exquisite, each detail carefully sewn in. If anyone could teach her, it was this NPC. "Why Hello there! My name is Rufus, and I'd love to show you around if you got the time." The NPC then beckoned for Krysta to follow him to his work station, and she followed. "Now, this is where I make my latest in fashion, maybe you could use some help with it yourself," He turned and gave Krysta a quick look up and down. "Blast it! I have completely run out of materials to show you what I am talking about, the process is so beautiful, and the clothing that comes out is amazing... Wait! You seem like you can take care of yourself, would you mind searching for some for me? I can even show you how to craft the best fashion around the world! I would just need five materials, sounds easy right?" Krysta knew where this would lead. A Quest. "I am certainly willing to help. I'll bring back those materials as soon as I can!" Once she had left the building, she dashed for the safe zone's exit, her familiar, the small ruby red feathered dragon Yolviinsil, followed close by via flight. Krysta then made a sharp turn at one of the road's intersections, then accidentally bumped into someone. "Ah! Oh, goodness, I am so sorry! Are you alright?"

@Macaroon

Macaroon was roaming the Town of Beginnings, she was looking for something to get into but, being level one, she didn’t have many options. She was sure she’d find something though, even if that meant farming materials or low level mobs alone for a bit. She was just bored and tired of being idle.

Mack yawned, stretching her arms above her head and closing her eyes. Then, suddenly, wham! Someone slammed into her, or maybe she slammed into them, either way she ended up on the ground. She grunted with the impact, it didn’t hurt, of course, it simply caught her off guard. She stood and brushed the dust off of herself to find a young woman standing there, apologizing.

”Oh, I’m fine!” Mack said and giggled, looking the other girl up and down. “Are you alright, dear? And don’t be sorry, I should have been watching what I was doing!”

@Krysta

Edited by Macaroon

When the two players had bumped into each other, Yolviinsil flew onto Krysta's back, and slowly climbed up towards her shoulder. The player Krysta had bumped into said she was fine, asked if Krysta was alright, and said that there wasn't any need for an apology. "Oh, I'm fine, I was just heading over to the safe zone's exit to search for materials. I'm hoping to become a tailor, you see, but the NPC teaching me has run out of materials. Thus, I needed to head out and find some." Yolviinsil was poking her head above Krysta's shoulder, looking at the other player shyly. Krysta noticed, giggled and said, "Oh, I'm sure this person is nice, there's no need to be shy." The small ruby red feathered dragon climbed up to Krysta's shoulder, continuing to look at the other player shyly. "This is my familiar, Yolviinsil. She's a little shy around those she hasn't met, but she's also very sweet."

@Macaroon

"My, that sounds like fun," Macaroon crooned when Krysta explained her business. "You wouldn't happen to need company, or a hand or anything, would you? I don't really have much going on at the moment. I haven't really decided on my own profession yet." Mack had been looking for something to do, and something just happened to run smack dab into her; what luck!

"Oh, hey, little guy," she purred sweetly as Yolviinsil made herself known. Mack nodded as Krysta explained his shyness, and she slowly and gingerly extended her hand towards the small red dragon. "I absolutely cannot wait to get a familiar of my own. Where in the world did you find him.. er.. her?" She looked at Krysta and inquired before turning towards Yolviinsil. "Don't be shy, I am nice!" She closed her eyes and smiled at the familiar, waiting ever so patiently, arm out-stretched, for it to warm to her.

@Krysta

The player seemed interested in tagging along. "Sure! I'd be glad to have some company on this task!" The player spoke sweetly to Yolviinsil, and asked where Krysta found her. "I found her in the seventh floor. You can actually find familiars on any floor, but only through a quest. Unlike most quests, though, this one would come to you by an NPC. This NPC can come by at any moment, and tell you the secret to taming them. Due to how this quest can suddenly come to you, it usually doesn't hurt to prepare for it first. When I found her, she had been having problems with a large dragon, and needed friends to be able to face it. Eventually, the beast was vanquished, and I'd permanently earned Yolviinsil's trust." The player then had her arm out-stretched for the small ruby red feathered dragon. Yolviinsil hesitated, slowly moved towards the arm, and after a light sniff or two, she was brushing her head against the arm. Krysta realized she'd forgotten something. "Ah! where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Krysta."

@Macaroon

"Well, at any rate, she is certainly a cutie!" Macaroon hummed, smiling, and scratched the little dragon on the head. "And that's good to know about the quest, I hadn't heard about that yet. I'm very excited to earn a companion of my own, once I am able."

Mack retracted her arm from the little red familiar and looked to the other girl, folding her hands in front of her as she listened to her new acquaintance introduce herself. "Oh! I completely forgot to introduce myself! The bump must have knocked my brain loose! It's a pleasure to meet you, Krysta! I go by Macaroon, but you are welcome to call me Mack if that is easier." She closed her eyes and smiled again, hand outstretched in a greeting.

"I'm glad to hear you'd like the company, I would enjoy it myself. Lead the way!"

@Krysta

Krysta giggled as the player gave Yolviinsil some attention. "If you ever need help on the quest, you can always message me, I'll be glad to help!" The player then retracted her arm, and realized that she too, had forgotten to introduce herself. The player introduced herself as Macaroon, but also said that Krysta could call her Mack if it was easier for her, and then she outstretched her arm in greeting. Krysta shook Macaroon's hand. "Pleasure to meet you too, Mack!" Macaroon said to lead the way, and the two players would be off to the fields of the first floor. The safe zone's exit wasn't that far, and thus the players would be able to gather materials sooner than Krysta originally thought. Once she had passed the gates, she would see if there was anything that a tailor could use that was within her sight. There didn't seem to be anything around within the first few yards(in terms of distance, of course), but Krysta was certain that she would find the five materials she would need.

@Macaroon

ID# 99809 LD: 1=3=4(Failed)

Edited by Krysta
Spoiler

ID# 99980 results: LD 17 Success

Macaroon followed Krysta on their way out of the safe zone and into a field outside of town along the main path. She stretched her arms up and turned her head towards the sky, enjoying the blue sky and the fluffy white clouds drifting across it.  "So, what made you choose Tailoring for your profession?" she asked as Krysta began to search for materials. She considered her options for a moment before looking for materials herself. She rustled around in some tall grass speckled with wildflowers, when one of the wildflowers prompted a loot window. Mack quietly stowed the flower away, not wanted to boast about her find while Krysta was still searching. She stood and suggested they perhaps continue their search a little further from the safe zone as a cool breeze passed over. "Perhaps you'll have some more luck a little further on." She smiled, it really was a nice day here on the first floor.

@Krysta

Edited by Macaroon

Macaroon asked Krysta about why she chose to go with the tailor profession. "Well, I narrowed it down most of the way by thinking about which of the professions' crafts are closest to my real world skills. That had left two, Performer, from my ability to sing(my father once told me that I have my mother's voice), and Tailor, since I had actually sewn my own garments from time to time. Although I do sing, I just don't do it often enough to have it for a profession that I would make a living from. However, I have found multiple opportunities where tailoring would have come in handy, usually for some social event or the like. If I take up tailoring as a profession, I can be capable of enhanced clothing, light armor, handwraps...the list goes on, and I can see myself taking up tailoring for a profession." She then looked through a patch of tall grass, hoping to find something within. She found a cotton plant, and she harvested the cotton. "One down, four to go."

@Macaroon

ID# 100005 LD: 16+3=19(Success! +1 T1 Mat)

Materials found: 1/5

Edited by Krysta
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID# 100599 results: LD 11 Fail

Macaroon watched Krysta as she spoke and searched, and folded her arms behind her back, taking another moment to enjoy the nice weather. "That's an interesting approach to choosing a profession, basing it on your real world skills like that," she responded. "My mother is a talented cook, she owns her own bakery, so I've been considering cooking myself, so I could make some things that remind me of her. Well, that, and I really miss French cuisine," she giggled and let her mind wander to macarons, escargot, beef bourguignon, creme brulee, and gourere. She hadn't had anything remotely French since being trapped in the game.

"Yay!" she squealed as Krysta found the first material she needed. "Now we've got some momentum!" Macaroon began to search for some more materials herself, poking through thick patches of grass, but she didn't see anything in the immediate area that would be of much use.

@Krysta

Edited by Macaroon

Krysta listened to what Macaroon said. "It's good to know that we still think of our families back in the real world. I sure do hope my father is alright, he must be devastated right now, knowing his only daughter is trapped, with the possibility of never returning... He's already lost my mother and my cousin, I couldn't bear the thought of letting him down now..." Krysta shook off the thoughts, and changed the subject to what was being talked about beforehand. "So, a French cuisine, you say? I guess it might be fitting for the shop to be in the settlement of Taft, over on the eleventh floor. To be honest, I wouldn't mind setting up shop in that city as well." She returned to looking for materials, and she let Macaroon's words encourage her as she searched. There didn't seem to be anything around that a tailor could use. "Maybe we should move forward a bit. Others might have cleaned out this area already."

@Macaroon

ID# 100605 LD: 5+3=8(Failed)

Edited by Krysta