[ PP - F01 ] Sunshine [ Grimm + Spangie ]

Spangie skipped excitedly down the paths of the beginning town, “It feels like forever since I’ve started here..” she muttered to herself, a small smile creeping up to her lips. “Man was I scared, running around like I was a maniac..” she chuckled wryly. “And Ti think that’s Id know this place better too..” she whispered, her eyes scanning the area. Where was that cafe I liked again? She puffed, her eyes focusing on the ground. I know it was definitely around here.. she sighed and skipped on.

”Maybe it was around this corner..” she muttered, “Or maybe I got lost aga- Kyahh!” She ran inta y’all figure and bounced back, her behind landing on the solid ground. “Ow..” the blonde rubbed her silky locks. “Why do I keep getting into these situations..” she groaned, looking. “Eheh.. sorry..” she said nervously, rubbing the back of her head. “That was my fault.. sorry,” she gulped with embarrassment.

@Grimm

Edited by Spangie

“Day 459:

Grimm here, this is my, 489th log? I’m not sure, at this point I’m not sure about anything anymore. I can’t see to escape this h*** hole. Mentally or Physically, the only thing that has been keeping me going is to find Athena and find the man responsible for the death of Axel and Bolt. It's been a while since I’ve had something to eat, I’m heading to a nearby Cafe to get a coffee or two. Its surprising how few food joints there are in the town of new beginnings. This Sebastian P. Grimm. Signing off.

April, 20th. 2027. 5:35 PM.”

Grimm exited his menu, he was adding to his log. He does this to keep his mind off things, also if he makes it out alive, It's gonna be one popular book. “Alright… I’ve got this, just stay cool, calm, and collected. Nothing can bring you dow-oooooOW!” Sebastian said, face planting into the cobbled roads of the town of new beginnings, which responded by revealing the text ‘Immortal Object’. “...next time, I’ll try not to choke on my own foot.” Grimm said bitterly, sitting up and rubbing his shoulder which he landed on first. Looking up he saw a young blonde girl, looking about his age and a few inches shorter than him. She immediately tried to apologize, face red with embarrassment. “No ma’am. Its alright, I should have been paying more attention to my surroundings, names Sebastian… By the way, do you know where any dinners and or cafes are around here?” He said lightheartedly, getting to his feet.

(OOC:Grimm is currently wearing the outfit 'Royal Attire')

Spoiler

a50e1039d2eb962f7b8ddf67278b4030.thumb.jpg.467819b798beea434d90f297342050d0.jpg

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

“I-I my name is Spangie!” She sputtered, quickly bouncing up and gave an apologetic bow. “No need to be formal though, none of that ma’am business,” she gave a weary chuckle and bowed slightly, “No, no. It’s my fault,” she shook her hands and gave a reassuring smile. “But it’s nice to meet you Sebastian! I haven’t seen you around here before,” she chuckled, taking out her right hand, “Ahem, to start from the beginning, my name is Spangie. Nice to meet you!” She narrowed her eyes at his clothing. That’s an odd hunt to wear at a place like this.. she tilted her head. It looks expensive..

“O-oh! I was just looking for a cafe a went to before I started going to higher floors, it was really, really, really good there!” She grinned cheekily, her persona equivalent to a young child. “I forgot where it is but we can always look for it together!” She smiles brightly and twirled around playfully, “I love it on floor one y’know?” She inhales and exhaled quickly, “So peaceful..”

@Grimm

Edited by Spangie

“Spangie? Well, a name is a name. Nice to meet you Spangie.” Grimm said. “Formal? Oh, sorry. It's just kinda the way I talk. I don’t want to go into depth about it either...” Sebastian said, his voice trailing off near the end of the sentence. “Yeah, I kinda was everywhere and nowhere, but I'm new to this sector of the city.” Sebastian said answering her comment the best he could while thinking, ‘God I need some normal wear…’ Spangie ended up restarting the greeting so Grimm decided to do it as well. He took her hand and shook it saying. “I’m Sebastian P. Grimm. Nice to meet you Spangie.” He said with a confident voice. She mentions, well, more like exclaimed that she was looking for a Cafe as well. “Well, isn’t that convenient.” He chuckled a bit. “Then let's get going.” Sebastian continued. He scanned the streets of the marketplace. Looking for a Cafe, but he got bored quickly and tried to start conversation. “So…” Sebastian asked sternly. “...Is coffee you typical way to waste time in this death game or do you do something I’m not thinking of when I’m bored?”

sword_art_online_aincrad_episode_11_vill

Edited by Grimm

She grinned cheekily, her face falling a little bit. “Ah sorry! I didn’t mean to offend you!” She shook her head and gave a bright smile, “Anywho, it’s always good to meet new people,” she sighed happily and gave a thumbs up, “Socializing! It’s totally my major,” she giggled, a small smile resting on her face. 

She tilted her head again. “Oh, do you not use a player name? Is that your real name?” She queried, her thoughts being put together, “O-oh sorry! I shouldn’t talk about the real world and that stuff..” she mumbled the last few bits to herself before suddenly jumping up. “Alright! Let’s go!” She squealed like a little kid, her bright blue gaze locking into one place and hen to another. 

She froze up at the word ‘death game’. “U-uh.. I mean.. I like doing it.. I’m usually cooking or doing so quests..” she chuckled nervously, “I-it’s nice here sometimes..” she gave a light smile and rested her gaze on the ground, “It’s not so bad here though..” she barely muttered, her hands intertwined behind her back.

@Grimm

“Sorry, I didn’t want you to think I was offended either. I really wasn’t, it's just the way I talk.” Grimm said, trying to not trip, look for the cafe, and have a conversation all at once. “I agree, meeting people is a great way to meet others. Good or Bad. It's a new experience.” Sebastian sighed. Then listened to Spangies joke. Sebastian laughed. "Yeah yeah, I guess it sort of is.” His voice implying he really meant it.

“My player name is Grimm, Grimm is also my last name. First name Sebastian. Middle name Phoenix. Hence the ‘P’.” He grinned, looking at the streets ahead. “No no no, it's fine. I’d like to think everyone copes in a different way in this game. Some quicker than others, some scarier than others. The only time I draw the line is if their way to cope is a… crime.” Sebastian stopped talking for a moment as if in a daze. He shook his head and folded his arms. “L-Lets keep moving…” Grimm was silent a little while longer before letting out a long and slow stressed sigh.

“Sorry, I should be more careful with my words.” He said, unfolding his arms and beginning to talk again. “It's not a ‘death game’ as it is a ‘alternate world’.” He continued. “It's like a different plain of existence in here, strange but true.” Sebastian said, staring into the sky watching the birds soar above them all.

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

She heaved a small laugh and and shrugged, “Everyones different,” her eyes traveled all over the place, from peddlers to blacksmith shops. Such a variety.. she smiled. “Bad or Good, it’s certainly.. fun,” she stretched her arms above her head and sighed, “Oh stop, this is way better than college,” she stuck out her tongue playfully, “Fun.”

”Woah, you name is so cool!” She looked up at him with intrigued eyes. “Phoenix is such a cool middle name to have! That’s not something you hear everyday,” she pokes his arm playfully. “Way better than my name, it’s an interesting name all right but.. eh,” she shrugged again. She nodded vigoursly at his statement. “Y-yeah, it’s a scary world out there,” She shuddered and nodded her head again.

”E-eh, it’s fine, a lot of people say it. I-I should be used to it now!” She gave a forced smile and looked up at the sky with him, They kind of look like Apricot.. she sighed heavily and looked around again. “O-oh! I see it over there!” She tugged on his arm and pointed to a small cafe located between two small shops. “I went there with my friend a while ago!” She grinned gleefully and ran off, her hand still locked on his shoulder.

@Grimm

“Everyone almost  is different. I say this because I know someone who acts just like you. Same personality to you, sorta, same blonde hair and eyes. You don’t have a twin do you?” Sebastian asked curiously.  “I guess that's the word for it. Fun. I’d personally love this game if I didn’t lost my... nevermind.” He said as he glaces storefront to storefront. “Where is this cafe? Is it invisible?” Sebastian said, his tone sounding confused. “You’d think finding a big building would be easy. Nein...”

“Thanks.” Grimm said with a smile. “It's not common for being born in Germany. Yeah, its really isn’t something you here everyday, but neither is Grimm.” Sebastian said smiling. It's about this moment Spangie poked Grimm. He understood it was playful because she was grinning like a psychopath. Grimm raised his arm, pointed into the sky right of Spangie. Then said “That's an odd place to put a piano.” Grimm said hopping Spangie would turn around. She did. Grimm poked her back twice in her left arm. “Gotcha.” He said joyfully.

“Yeah, I’m still sorry though. Not even I use the phrase that often.” Grimm looked ahead, looking down the path then looked back at Spangie who was staring into the sky. Grimm followed her eyesight to a flock of birds. He squinted trying to get a better view, than Spangie up-roared with excitement. Yep, she sees the Cafe, doesn’t she? Grimm thought to himself. Looking down, he saw a small building. But it was impossible to miss the Cafe sign. It was bigger than the door. She said she was here before with a friend. “Really? Who would that b-ahhhhhHHHH! Slow down!” Grimm said, it seems Spangie had locked her hand on his shoulder and began running. Sebastian was dodging under, over and around people, objects, and small carts.

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

She tilted her head. “Oh really? As far as I’m concerned I’m an only child,” she giggled, “I don’t think gebworkd can handle two of me though,” she said proudly, placing her hands on her hips and puffing of her chest. “It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it,” she smiled sadly,  “We all have those thoughts sometimes, spit it or if you need to but if you don’t want to that’s fine,” she shrugged, putting on another grin. “You’ll find out~” she sang, joyfully skipping along the paved roads.

”Oo~ Germany? I’ve been to Europe for a while, great place there. So many places to see and do! Not to mention the food there. I went sightseeing Blegium once and got my hands on some Belgian waffles, so good!” She squealed, “ Still a unique name though.” She turned around,m hearing the word ‘paino’. “Paino?! Where?!” She sighed as he pokes her, “You got me!” She gasped dramatically, easing her right arm to cover her face, “I surrender, blehh..” after a few seconds she put another grin on, “I should be the next Shakespeare,” She cackled evilly. “Drama, drama everywhere!” She raised her arms and swung them in the sky, “Whooo!”

”It’s fine,” she smiled at him, right before taking off towards the cafe. As she dashed to the cafe, her smile kept getting wider and wider, Almost there, whoooo! After stopping a few meters away from the cafe she let out a puff of air. “We’re here!” She locked her eyes on an NPC waiter, “Table for two please!” She said, holding up to fingers. The waiter gave an articifical smile and led them to a table outside. “Thank you!” She said happily. The waiter nodded and walked back into eh small shop. “Isn’t this place great!” The player bounced in place excitedly. Realizing that she was still gripping his arm, she let go with an embarrassed laugh. “Heheh.. sorry.”

@Grimm

Edited by Spangie

“Yes really, as a matter of fact, a world like this could use more people like you.” Sebastian said. He looked down at his attire. “I really need some new clothes that don’t draw attention.” He to himself. “There is a reason I don't want to either. At one point, there WERE three in the beginning, speaking of setbacks, have you heard of a girl, around my height and age, blonde white hair, player name, Athena?” He asked curiously. After getting an answer, she began singing and skipping. He kinda chuckled at that.

“Germany is quite the place, and “Such rich history”.” He said playfully. “Mmm… Belgian Waffles… Sorry, I haven’t had something to eat in over forty-eight hours.” He said rubbing his stomach. “Really is unique.” He watched her reaction to the piano thing. “Hahaha…” Grimm laughed. He performance was “astounding”. “Yeah, you certainly act like shakespeare. You and your drama.” He said playfully.

“Alright, just making sure.” Sebastian said, squinting at her trying to tell if she's lying. She suddenly took off at such speed it took a moment to register. Then he realize. She is holding my shoulder. Sebastian looked like someone learning to walk for the first time, stumbling and nearly tripping. He looked like she was running while gripping the arm of a ragdoll. “Stop! S-Stop! I.. can’t… keep… up!”

He shouted trying to get her attention, but it didn’t work. He went right under some 3 people, tripping all of them while shouting. “Sorry! I’ll pay for that! Nice hat!” They were finally at the cafe. Sebastian did a slow dramatic head turn. “Don’t do that…” He said catching his breath. “The place is great though, I’d give it a five out of five if I wasn’t just put in a life or death situation.” Grimm said sarcastically. She jumped up in down in excitement. “You look like a small dog on their hind legs trying to get a treat of the table.” He said playfully. He pulled a chair out from the table and made a hand gesture for her to sit down. Then he went to his seat across from her.

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

“Oh stop it,” she punched in lightly, “It would go boom in less than a second if there were more people like me,” she giggled. Eyeing his clothes she shrugged, “Wear what you’re comfortable, you look like you’re part of some a Royal Family in a fairytale! It certainly looks cool though,” she gave a thumbs up and grinned. Her face quivered for a bit but she shook her head, “No, sorry.. I’m sure you’ll see her eventually,” she pat him on the back. “... She sounds very pretty though,” she smiled, setting an image in her mind.

”I would love to go there,” she nodded and faked a shocked face. “Buy uh! You should’ve told me that! I would’ve looked harder! Never play on an empty stomach!” She wagged her fingers in front of his face, “Come to my shoo sometime, I sell some food, not very good ones since I’ve made them myself but it’ll keep you full,” She huffed. “Screw art, I’ll become a writer!” She said jokingly.

As she was sprinting she looked back to see the poor player barely being able to keep up, “Sorry!” She yelled before facing forward with a giggle.

”Sorry!” She laughed, “I really liked it here the first time, although I got a drink. I want to see what foods Thames have here,” she winked and flashed a smile. “Aw.. but dogs are cute right?” She cackled evilly which sounded more of a giggling schoolgirl. “Oh thanks!” She said happily sitting down, “I could do it myself though,” she mumbled the last part.

As the waiter come back - holding two menus - she couldn’t stop herself from squealing excitedly. Of course the NPC gave her a weird look but shrugged it off and placed the menus in front of the two. “Thank youuuu~” She held up the menu in front of her face and scanned the list of foods, “Oh oh oh, they have.. cake!” Her eyes glimmered with excitement as she pointed to a small section that was labeled ‘cake’. “Can I have the.. strawberry shortcake and a green tea please?!” She practically yelled at the waiter, who seemed taken back. He nodded in what seemed like fear and looked towards Grimm.

@Grimm

“Yeah, dogs are cute… Your kinda cute too.” The last part was pretty much inaudible. “Anyway.” He said confidently. “I’ll have the…” Grimm’s eyes rifled through the menus. “...Caramel Espresso and a side of Mint Fudge Chucks.” Sebastian finally said. The waiter nodded and walked back inside. Grimm opened his menu and added more to the log he was doing.

“Day 459: Part 2:

I met up with this girl, Spangie, as she calls herself, well more like “ran into”. Point is I found that cafe and the food actually looks decent. She is a sweet and kind player. Apparently, she owns a shop that sells food. I had no idea, I'll attempt to stop by later this week. THinking about it now, she seems like she will help anyone she meets. Its strange though, there isn’t people like that left in this game, not enough at least.  This Sebastian P. Grimm. Signing off.

April, 20th. 2027. 5:56 PM.”

He looked through his menu at the girl. Then his eyes darted back.

“So…” Sebastian said closing his menu. “...what’s your story Spangie?” 

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

“Puppies are adorable! I’ve always wanted one but the stuff I need is too expensive..” she sighed, “We can’t all be winners, sadly,” she frowned, but quickly turning it into a smile. “Do you like sweet stuff too?!” She grinned excitedly, “I’m surprised I don’t have any cavities, I always eat sweet stuff!” She counted with her fingers. “Cake, cupcakes, pies, chocolate, truffles..” She rambled more until she trailed off, “Eh, sorry. I like talking a lot about sweet things,” her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. “I mean what’s there not to talk about?”

”Wutcha got there!” She asked, pointing to his menu, “Are you messaging someone?” She tilted her head.

”M-my story?” She nearly jumped. “Like my real life story?” She queried. “I mean.. I was in college before I came here.. I had a small break before the game started so I went home...” she mumbled a few bits of the last part. “I mean. I was studying in Europe before that! I was going to a school there,” she poked her two fingers together, “It was nice there, it was expensive too..” she sighed, “Way too expensive.”

@Grimm

“True puppy’s are, fun fact you know how people look at puppies in “Aw”? Well apparently elephants look at humans like we look at puppies. It really makes you think, doesn’t it.” He said smiling. “Yeah, I like sweet stuff. To much sugar. I crash like a car.” He said cheerfully. “I’m surprised I don’t have cavities either. Well, not really. I have good dental care.” She began counting the deserts she remembers, he decided to continue the list. “Cookies, Gingersnaps, Tiramisu, which is a type of Italian cake. Delicious. Have you ever tried Tiramisu?” He asked politely. “It's amazing!”

She asked what he was doing with his menu. “Oh, this? It's just a hobby I do. I keep logs day to day, kinda like a journal, sometimes more than once a day. Want to read one?” He asked. “I meant like, what do you do in game? What kinda adventures?” He said curiously.

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" she gave a long laugh, nearly falling over, "I- Thats so true!" she giggled, wiping away a tear. "That sounds high accurate, yes," she said, sitting up straighter with a straight face. Only before falling into fits of laughter again. "I'm sorry.. I can't. I can't help it," she sighed, a small smile on her face. Her smile only grew wider as he started naming a few more desserts. "Whoooo! Dessert buddies!" she raised her hands high in the air waiting for a high five. After that, she shook her head, "No, I haven't. Like sweets but it doesn't mean I can afford all of them," she sighed. She clapped her hands together, "If they have it here though, I'll definitely try it. I will live for that Tiramisu," she grinned and rested her head in her hand.

She nodded, "Logs? Thats the first I've ever heard of that. Sounds cool," she smiled brightly and nodded her head again. "Yeah sure! It'd be cool to see SAO through the lives of another person."

"O-oh. In the game..? Well," she flickered her eyes to the solid table. "I've been on adventures will a couple nice people. Quirky people," she smiled at the thought of a few of her friends that she'd met in SAO. "I had a familiar.. she died saving me though," she smiled sadly as she used her free hand to draw circles on the table. "She was a nice familiar, I plan on getting a new one soon though. Hopefully the next time I see you, I'll have it."

@Grimm

“The more you know.” He said smiling watching her nearly falling out of her chair in laughter. She called them desert buddies and put up her hand for a high five. He raised his and completed the gesture. When he heard her say she hasn’t tried Tiramisu. His only reaction was “Say no more.” He turned towards the waiter and began waving. The waiter came over and waited for a command, stupid NPC. “Do you serve Tiramisu here.” Grimm asked. The waiter nodded no. “Ah, to bad. Maybe next time.” He said in disappointment. Sebastian waved his hand to dismiss him. “That will be all.”

“Logs, it's like a journal, but in game. It helps me take stuff of my mind, it's kinda my emotional reset button.” He slumped back in his chair. “It helps me keep my sanity.” He said sarcastically. She said she would in fact, like to see one. “Alright, let's see, this one is from…” Grimm said swiping through his menu. “Ah, November 7th, 11:35 PM.” He paused. “Day one.” He shook his head and swiped his menu over to face Spangie. It read:

"The streets are dark, lined with empty shops and horrified players that had reality hit them, that it was no longer a game. It was currently night, around eleven in the afternoon. I was tired, but there wasn't any hotels for the next three or four blocks of the town. I paced myself, walking down the stone brick lined streets of the town of new beginnings, the way the bricks looked and the was most of the buildings were placed reminded me of the roman empire, strong, but would inevitably fall apart. I sat down at a bench that was lit by a lamppost, looking up to see the fire dance within the tinted glass of the post. Adding a almost happy lighting to this world of tragedy and forgiveness. I closed my eyes to think to myself, nothing is ever truly what it seems. There is more secrets in the world then answers, just because it is all virtual doesn't mean it isn't there. Always something to be found, always something new to discover. But the truth isn't for everyone, I think this to myself as I look around at the few people on the street, they almost look shocked or afraid of the new world around them. Knowing they were happy and with their friends hour before the news. I opened my menu and got myself a quick snack, some crackers I got from a player who wanted a dagger I found. It wasn't a rare weapon either, just a dagger. I need to add, Bolt and Axel are gone. Player killers. Athena is missing, I’m searching everywhere for her, she said she had something important to tell me. This is Grimm, signing off. 11:35 PM November 6th, 2023."

“So. That was my thought process hours after being trapped. Please don’t ask to many questions Spangie.” He said with an Ambiguous look on his face.

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

She giggled. “It’s okay, I’ll try it after I get out of here!” She grinned brightly, if I ever get out of here.. she added bitterly, her face not wavering. She sighed and smiled, “You make him sound like a servant, are you rich in real life or something? Oops.. I didn’t mean to talk about the real world,” she shrugged and drew a few more shapes with her fingers on the table.

She tilted her head. “So you’ve been keeping up with this log thing since day one huh? That’s pretty neat. I don’t have enough patience to keep up with that,” she laughed shyly. 

Throughout his entire log, she didn’t say a peep, her ears focused on the long speech. Soon after he was done, she clapped her hands a few times. “Wow! That was really well written! Screw me being Shakespeare, you should be one!” She joked, her hands removing a stray piece of hair from her face. “You seem pretty close to that Axel Bolt and Athena people, one question. We’re they your friends in real life or something? Sorry for my rudeness though,” she squealed, covering he gave with her hands. I’m so dumb.

@Grimm

“Um… I’m wealthy IRL if that's what you mean.” Grimm said. “Now you can say this to friends. ‘I’ve talked to Royalty.” Sebastian laughed a little. “It's fine, real world or not. We can still talk about it." He added. "Yes I have been keeping them up-to-date since day one. If I get out of here alive. Its gonna be one h*** of a book.” He said confidently. “Yay. I’m Shakespear 2.0!” He said playfully. She asked if Axel, Bolt, and Athena were friends IRL. “Well, Athena is my neighbor. I’ve know her since kindergarten. I’ve known Axel and Bolt since middle school. We were ambushed by PKers. Athena ran away, never to be seen again, Axel and Bolt died…” Grimm said, his voice cracking. He took in a deep breath and let it out. “I’ve been looking for Athena ever since. She said she need to tell me something important, she was about to. But then.” He got quiet. “Y-You get the point. I d-don’t need to go on?”

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm

“Lucky, you’ve talked to royalty.. do meet with kings and queens?” She pouted. “I wanna see royalty too,” she frowned. “When we get out of here you owe me a trip to see the queen of England! Mwahaha!” She cackled innocently. She clapped her hands in joy, “Right! It’s like the Holocaust! You can be like Anne Frank!” She thought for a moment, “E-except you won’t d-die in a camp..” she said nervously.

”O-oh,” her face dropped as she heard is tale of his friends. “A-ah sorry for asking, I shouldn’t of have,” she rubbed her forehead, “I’m so dumb,” she sighed. “Well, I hope you find this Athena person then,” she gave a small smile and looked down at her hands. “Y-yeah. You don’t need to go on.”

A few seconds of silence passed by and before you know it the waiter was there with their sweets. “Ah! Yes thank you!” She smiled happily as he placed her tea and cake in front of them, he nodded and rushed off. “W-well! Let’s stop talking about this sad stuff!” She huffed, “We need something happy!” She thought for a moment while rubbing her chin. “Hm. What makes you the most happiest person in the world?”

@Grimm

"I meant that I am royalty, in Germany to be specific, not well known thought..." Sebastian said boldly. There food arrived an he looked at the food as if a dog saw snow for the first time. "This looks... Delicious..." She asked what made him the happiest person in the world. "If I had to say..." Sebastian muttered, his right hand on his chin as he thought to himself. "Good friends. There aren't many around these days, and I'm grateful for the ones I have. Without them, I wouldn't be talking to you. I probably would have been dead long ago if it wasn't for people like... well... like you." He said with a reassuring smile. "Now, a question for you. Hmm... so many options..." He said scratching the back of his head. "Ah, I have a purely in-depth question. What do you want to be remembered for?" He asked curiously, watching Spangies body language, you wouldn't believe what body language can tell you.

@Spangie

Edited by Grimm