[F05 - PP] << Bloodstained Land >> [Shield & Pinball] The Terms

Searching for Chest:

ID# 100467 results: Loot: 15+11=26

"Now, we find a lake and see if the earring can turn anything up," he said with a light flick of the shining hoop on his earlobe. It was a simple band of silver with a single inlaid wire of gold, brought down flush with the rest. It didn't seem like much, but it had found him a number of prizes that he would have missed otherwise. The town was tiny, and they had practically left it before they had even crossed the street. Shield remembered the way to a small collection of ponds and lakes that dotted the side of a mountain. It was a short hike, and before they had even taken time to do much exploring, the gold wire in his earring had lit up like the filament of a light bulb.

"And here we go!" Shield turned his eyes to the ground, spotting a small bundle of cattails on the edge of the water. He pushed them aside, and there half sunken in the mud, he found their prize. "Beautiful!" He dug through his inventory, taking out one of the many keys he kept with him whenever he went out questing. "If you do much chest searching, get yourself a few of these. If you have a sharp enough eye, they immediately deactivate any mimics you might encounter."

Edited by Shield

Pinball followed Shield through the photogenic floor, taking in the sights. He hadn't been on this floor before, and it seemed oddly picture perfect. He could imagine buying a small cabin on a lake, fishing to pass his time. Pinball shrugged. As they walked, Pinball looked around, trying to see if he could find anything of interest; but it was an unenthusiastic effort, and he hadn't really searched for anything other than the small critters that ran through the bushes and scurried up trees. Pinball whistled when Shield's earring lit up. "Fancy," he commented. Pinball watched as the tank made his way over to the cattails, and lifted a chest out of the mud. Pinball stood back, hoping he didn't expect him to open it. His luck was horrible with these types of things. Luckily for Pinball (and probably also Shield), the frontliner had come prepared. He watched as Shield pulled out a key from his inventory. Pinball had seen them in Merchant's shops, but hadn't ever really bought one himself; they didn't seem like they were worth the investment. Still, he nodded as Shield brandished the key. "Good luck," he said, taking a few steps back, "I'd take your word on the Mimic thing, but... I'm going to stand over here.

Opening Chest:

ID# 100468 results: Loot: 5+7=12 - 2600 Col, 5 T3 Materials, 1 x Rare T3 Weapon, 2 x Rare T3 Consumables

Shield held out the key, and with the smallest tinkling of metal, the key vanished in a puff of golden glittering particles. The lid of the chest popped open, and the display window popped into view, showing the contents. Shield read through them carefully and gave a quick nod. "Not terrible, but hopefully the next one will be better."  He opened a transfer window and made to send Pinball his cut of the rewards.

As was his custom on playing with lower-tier players, he made sure that all of the Col and all of the materials went to Pinball, holding onto the Tier 3 items as well as his own Sandstone Potion. "I don't consider this charity." Shield said, dismissing the window once the transfer had been confirmed. "I consider this a responsibility that I now pass to you. I was helped when I first joined, and the money and materials that he gifted to me made the difference between struggling and surviving for my first part of the journey. It's not up to you to do the same for someone else. When the chance comes, take it."

With that, he struck out back towards Coral. "Now. I believe we have an ice monster to fight. I'm going to spend some time training between now and then. Message me when you're prepared to embark."

He bade pinball farewell at the plaza and made his way back home, vaulting the gate to his Mega Slime Farm. Once he had traded out for his combat gear, the ground filled with robust, green slimes that proceeded to hop in his direction. "Bring it on!"

[Quest Rewards]

Pinball

Sandstone Armor Potion [T2 Potion - Gives a player +30 MIT for a thread.]
SP [3 Quest SP, 1 Thread Length]
8000 Col
5 T3 Materials

Shield

Sandstone Armor Potion [T2 Potion - Gives a player +30 MIT for a thread.]
SP [2 Mega Slime Farm, 1 Thread Length]
Terra Firma Scale [Unique Item - On Consumption, it will grant any Armor a temporary additional Mitigation slot for a thread, this temporary Mitigation slot bypasses the mitigation enhancement limit.]
Rare T3 Weapon

[100468a]

Rare T3 Consumables
[100468b] [100468c]

Edited by Shield