[SP-F6] Finding Myself, Part 1: The Waterfall, and the Familiar Encounters

"Yes, I have. ...You don't miss it, do you? I've graduated recently, so there couldn't possibly be any way for me to return to it either." Ind0minus looked at Auranika sternly. "That wasn't the point I was making, April, forgive me if I sounded too vague..." Vigilon backed up. He knew this couldn't possibly end well. "Do you have any idea how long it took me to form that system, and set it up in that school in the first place? I made that system, not for myself, but for everyone around! Everyone had their proper place, and they were happy with it! It was built to last for at least a few generations, maybe even spread! But what did you do...what did you do? You tore it down, and burned it to the ground! All so that you could just- just build your little kingdom on it's ashes!" While Ind0minus was saying this to Auranika, Vigilon was looking to see if there was anything around, hoping to avoid keeping his mind on the possible outcomes of this conversation. He was hoping for a chest or something, but he ended up slipping on a wet stone, and falling on top of a pile of dew covered, bright yellow flowers. When he opened his eyes, a lizard-shaped amphibian, yellow in color, was staring back at him, like he'd just crushed it's flowers. "Um....guys?"

ID# 101223 LD: 1+1=2(failed to find a chest[If applicable, you could say it was a crit. fail])

[Spawned two enhanced mobs]

Vigilon: HP 440/440, EN 49/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Shock Salamander 1: HP 60/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Shock Salamander 2: HP 60/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Vigilon
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kingdom? Ashes?? What kind of person do you take me for? I only want to be known of, cared about, and respected by as many as possible. Is that too much to ask?" "Acknowledging your existence, being loved, admiration and regard, knowing 'how great you are'...Hmph, it's all so egotistical, it's almost entirely self-centered. Your level of arrogance is larger than that of anyone else I've ever met!" "Egotistical? Arrogance?? Oh, I'll show you arrogance!!" Auranika pulled out her weapon, and no doubt, would be ready to challenge Ind0minus to a duel...if it weren't for something else that got the two players' attention. "Um...GUYS?" Both players looked at Vigilon and asked, "WHAT?" and they would notice the creatures. Vigilon got up, and two of the Amphibious creatures' cursors turned red. A few sparks flew, and Vigilon confirmed that these were the Shock Salamanders. Vigilon clenched his fists, and it would be off to battle for him. Vigilon attacked with Crescent Moon, striking both of the Shock Salamanders, and afflicting status ailments on one of them. This was turning out to be easier than he first expected, the monsters' HP were already close to yellow. The second Shock Salamander managed to bite him on the leg, but the static didn't kick in.

ID# 101229 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, Inflicted Bleed and Paralysis)

[Paralysis refrains Shock Salamander 1 from taking action]

ID# 101230 BD: 7+1=8(Hit), MD: 7-1=6(Hit)

Crescent Moon(Non-crit)-8x3=24

Crescent Moon(Crit)-9x3=27

Vigilon: HP 431/440, EN 44/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Shock Salamander 1: HP 33/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG, {Paralyzed}

Shock Salamander 2: HP 36/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was able to take another look at the Shock Salamanders. They actually were yellow in color, but they had electric blue streaks that went across their bodies in a zigzag pattern, that, actually, made them look pretty cool. If their primary color was something other than yellow, they could have looked even cooler. More Shock Salamanders came out of hiding when they heard the racket from the combat between Vigilon and two of their own. Auranika and Ind0minus turned their attention to the monsters that had crawled out of their hiding places, while Vigilon readied himself to strike his targets again. Vigilon attacked with Crescent Moon again, striking one pretty hard, and missing the other. Not only did he miss one, but he landed on another slippery stone, causing him to fall on his back, and he could only watch as the Shock Salamander he'd missed got it's revenge and gave him a paralyzing bite on the leg. Figures.

ID# 101250 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG, inflicted Paralysis)

ID# 101251 BD: 9(Critical, +1 Base DMG, inflicted bleed and Paralysis)

[Paralysis refrains Shock Salamander 2 from taking action]

Crescent Moon- 9x3=27

Bleed Damage: Shock Salamander 1 takes 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 431/440, EN 40/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze | {Paralyzed}

Enemies:

Shock Salamander 1: HP 21/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Shock Salamander 2: HP 9/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG, {Paralyzed}

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon may have been on the ground, but he could still see Ind0minus and Auranika fighting against the Shock Salamanders that had recently come out from hiding. They both attempted to use Area of Effect Sword Arts, but that didn't seem to work as planned, for their attacks missed. The Shock Salamanders they were fighting against didn't seem to have that much luck either. Vigilon was stuck here, just waiting for the paralysis to wear off, but he had to see if he could get back up in time before the Shock Salamanders he was fighting attack him. The Shock Salamanders bared their teeth to bite Vigilon, but as soon as the paralysis wore off, Vigilon smirked, and rolled out of the way as the monsters lunged for him. One of them grew weak as bleed depleted it's HP to zero. Vigilon chuckled as he kept his attention on the Shock Salamander that remained, it's HP in the red. "Shouldn't take too long to finish you off."

[Paralysis refrains Vigilon from taking action]

ID# 101264 MD: 5(Miss)

ID# 101266 MD: 4(Miss)

Bleed Damage: Shock Salamanders 1 & 2 take 12 DMG

Vigilon: HP 431/440, EN 41/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Shock Salamander 1: HP 9/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Shock Salamander 2: HP 0/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon readied his fists, and it would be time to finish this fight...hopefully. The Shock Salamander somehow figured out when and in which direction Vigilon would attack, for he'd missed it by an inch. When Vigilon felt a tingle on his neck, he knew what had happened. Vigilon realized his situation when the tingling sensation from a jolt of paralyzing electricity surged into where the Shock Salamander had bit him. He fell to the ground again, paralyzed. "Alright, this is starting to get old..." At least he wasn't close to death in any way. He was able to see the other fights going on. Auranika used another Area of Effect Sword Art, and although she missed one, she destroyed the other. Ind0minus missed both of them again, and one of the Shock Salamanders he was facing had also dealt a paralyzing blow on him. What a day this was turning out to be...

ID# 101273 BD: 2+1=3(Miss), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG, inflicted paralysis)

Vigilon: HP 420/440, EN 40/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze | {Paralyzed}

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

The Shock Salamander was ready to attempt another attack. The only question was, could Vigilon avoid the attack like he did last time? He would have to wait for the paralysis to wear off first, but there was still a chance. He watched the other fight while he waited for paralysis to wear off. Auranika managed to finish her fight quite easily, completely obliterating the Shock Salamander she was facing, with help from her familiar, Arulux, of course. Ind0minus managed to get over his paralysis and avoid one Shock Salamander's attack, but he got struck with paralysis again as the other managed to leap on him and bite his neck. The Shock Salamander Vigilon was fighting bit him again just as the paralysis wore off. At least he would have another chance to finish his fight. Veriost landed on his shoulder, looking at him as if waiting for a command. Vigilon hadn't managed to come up with many Martial Arts battle combo commands, but he would figure them out eventually.

[Paralysis refrains Vigilon from taking action]

ID# 101279 MD: 8(Hit)

Vigilon: HP 411/440, EN 41/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Now that Vigilon had a chance to attack, and finish this fight before he could get paralyzed again, he looked to Veriost, and nod his head, so that she knew what to do. Veriost decided to improvise. When Vigilon clenched his fists, and prepared to use them to jab at his foe, the small white frost dragon coated his hands in a layer of ice that also had sharp ice spikes on them. It was actually pretty nice. Vigilon attacked using Aggressive Twins, finishing off the Shock Salamander before it could strike back. The monster shattered, and Vigilon watched Ind0minus's fight continue. Ind0minus's paralysis wore off in time for him to avoid both Shock Salamanders' attacks, and with a smirk, he swiftly killed the monsters. Auranika looked to Ind0minus and said, "I was going to make an example of you, but it seemed that for a short bit, the Salamanders had done that for me. They paralyzed you, twice in a row. Despite that you were in no danger, and the Salamanders' damage was fully mitigated by your light armor, you had gone in there recklessly, carelessly. They would have been absolutely nothing without their paralysis enhancement, but had they been much, much stronger, they might have proven themselves to be a threat."

ID# 101295 BD: 5+1=6(Hit), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG, inflicted paralysis)

Aggressive Twins- 8x2=16

Vigilon: HP 411/440, EN 41/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Shock Salamander 1: HP 0/60, 18 DMG, Inflicts Paralysis on MD rolls of 9-10

Edited by Vigilon

"And that applies to our earlier conversation how?" "Simply because you speak of associating me with arrogance, and you rushed in, confident that your own abilities could triumph over. Although they did in the end, the moment of your arrogance was when you rushed in, practically not considering that they could still paralyze you. Luck may have favored you in our previous duel, but you're not invincible." Things would only go downhill if Vigilon didn't bring the two rivals back to the matter at hand. "So, anyways, how many Blood Vials do you guys have?" When Vigilon checked his inventory, he found two. "I have one." "And I have two." "That's five in total. We have more than enough, so we should head back." The three players began heading back to Crocus Concoctions, and Vigilon was wondering what the solution would do, and how it would affect what they needed for the potion. Vigilon stopped for a moment, then looked back to where he'd fought the Salamanders. Could there be something there? He didn't find any ore when he rummaged through the flowers that he hadn't crushed.

ID# 101297 LD: 7+1=8(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

After a bit more rummaging through the flowers, he found a potion bottle. What was in it? What could it do? He decided he would show it to one of the NPC's when he returned, for it might be useful. He looked at the flowers for a few seconds, then decided that he might as well collect a few different materials for the sake of payment, just in case. He picked a small bunch of the pastel yellow flowers, and as he did, Shock Salamanders fled from the patch. Clearly, these things seemed to like the flowers. Maybe that was why some of them became hostile? He caught up with the other two members of his temporary party, and eventually, the trio of players returned to the alchemist shop. Vigilon knocked on the door to be greeted by Peony. "Oh, hello again! So how did it go? Ah, I see you've returned with some Shock Salamander Blood!" Vigilon pulled out the potion. "I found this where the Shock Salamanders were. Do you know what this is?"

"Hmm? Oh! I've been looking for this!" She took the potion from Vigilon, and returned to Scilla to deliver the potion and the Blood Vials the party collected. "Ah, good, this should be enough of the Shock Salamander Blood. Next, We'll need some Frost Salamander Blood." "This is our cue, now we wait." Vigilon heard voices near the door about three seconds later. "Fantastic, some people hate waiting." Azrea opened the door, still in conversation with the other players. "Seriously, you've gotta teach me how to be that relentless, that vicious, that frightening in combat! You've gotta teach me, Kaldui!" Renixx looked like he wanted to protest to that. Not out of any sense of justice, but, judging by his face, out of fear. "N-now...we only need one who can display such savagery!" Kaldui didn't seem to like where the conversation was going. "A-azrea, if you were to learn such things and even be able to apply it in combat, why would you?" "So I can terrorize my enemies as I shred it in battle, of course!"

"T-that's not enough. Besides, even if you could somehow fight as I do, there should be some good reason for it. A-although it just comes to me naturally, I'd prefer that it only happen when I would need it to. If all you think about is the chaos you bring to your enemies, you'll only be hated!" Azrea, disappointed, walked over to a nearby chair and sat down, grumbling. Kaldui sighed, and walked over to Scilla, handing over the Frost Salamander Blood Vials. "That should be all of them." Vigilon walked over to Scilla as well. "Hey, do you think you'll be able to accept these materials as payment for the potion once it's made?" "Hmm...these are Thunder Lilies...yes, they do have some alchemical properties, so I can accept them." Scilla took the materials, and then she began retrieving other materials and ingredients, and she began to make the solution.

After about two minutes, Scilla added one Vial of each enhanced Salamander's Blood. Three minutes later, She gestured for Vigilon to come forward. "It's done, so, to activate it, we need some soul knowledge." Scilla took out a small blade, and with the other hand, she took Vigilon's left hand. The cut only left a red mark, but Vigilon could guess what was going on. Activating the solution required his blood. Scilla waited until there were some minor reactions in the solution. "Ah...what an interesting reaction..." Probably out of curiosity, Peony came over as well. "Oh? We haven't seen such a reaction like this!" "...Is that good, or bad?" Scilla looked through some research notes, and after five minutes, she concluded it all with, "So the ingredients we'll need for the potion that both of us don't carry already are: a vial of Giant Silver Salamander Blood, and a Dragon Fang."

"More Salamander hunting...great..." The word "Giant" clearly meant that this fight wouldn't be easy. Vigilon walked over to Peony. "Is there anything you know of the Giant Silver Salamanders that you can tell me?" "Well, their skin is silver in color, I'd say they can grow to be as long as you are tall, and while they appear to be very slow, they can be agile enough to make swift movements, and it would be a terrible idea to try facing them while they are in the water. You can sometimes find them near rivers and waterfalls." Silver in color, can grow to be 5'4" long, do not fight while they're in the water... Vigilon took those facts into thought. As for the Dragon Fang, he guessed that since it would be highly unlikely to find a draconic monster in this floor, that he would have to go to some other floor to get one.

Vigilon turned to the other players. "There's still six of us, so how are we going to go about this?" After some talking between the other players, which lasted about five minutes, Kaldui spoke first. "I-I will be working with Renixx." "Me too, right?" Azrea asked. "N-no, just...just Renixx." "Whaaaat?? Why not??" Kaldui just stared shyly, as if she didn't want to tell her. Ind0minus decided to come up with his own idea. "I suggest that Azrea and Kaldui work together, for since Azrea is the lowest leveled player here, she should work with the highest leveled player. balance." Auranika had a suggestion of her own. "I suggest that Victor works with Alex and Kaldui, and I'll handle leading the other two." Vigilon looked between them all, that was three suggestions so far. "Well? anyone else have some thoughts on how to split the parties?" He wanted to see what Renixx and Azrea had in mind before giving his own two cents.

Renixx offered his suggestion. "I would prefer that Lady April lead Kaldui and I, while Vigilon works with Ind0minus and Azrea." Vigilon crossed his arms. "Oh, picking favorites now, are we?" Azrea then spoke up with her thought. "I'm actually with Ind0minus's idea." Vigilon thought for a minute or more, considering the details and possibilities. "Alright, I suggest that April, Victor and Azrea work in one party, and Renixx, Kaldui and I work in the other." The players all looked at each other. "I can agree with his idea." The other players had their minor dispute, so Vigilon took out a single col, and said, "Alright, alright, we'll settle this with chance. We'll pit our ideas against each other and call it in the air. First, we shall put Victor and April's ideas to this chance, then we will put mine against Renixx's. Finally we will put the winning ideas against one another."

When Vigilon flipped the coin, Auranika called out heads, and Ind0minus called out tails. Vigilon caught the coin. "...It's heads." Azrea grumbled, and Renixx stepped forward. He decided to call out heads once Vigilon flipped the coin, meaning Vigilon had tails. Vigilon caught the coin. "...It's tails. Sorry, pal." Auranika and Vigilon looked to each other, for their choice could determine who would win this game of chance. Auranika called out heads, and Vigilon called out tails. Vigilon flipped and caught the coin. "...It's tails." The parties were formed, but there was one, no, two more questions before they left. "So, first, why are you guys helping me out with this? Second, will our parties split up, or fight in the same general area?" "As for myself, I'd say I'm quite curious as to what will become of you when you finish this task of...finding yourself. Who knows, you might then gain some wisdom along the way, and quite possibly become an actual challenge."

"I too, am intrigued by what this will mean for you, and what will become of you once this is over. You could become strong enough to be a minor challenge, or even have the common sense to join your betters and get over that stubbornness of yours." Vigilon let out a sigh. "If anyone's stubborn, it's you, April. You keep trying to get me to join you, but past, present, and future, you'll get the same answer from me. No." Ind0minus had one last thought to give. "Hmph, it's clear to me that although you don't have as much wisdom as I do, nor the strength and power that April has in her possession, you have guts. Bravery; Courage. Sadly, in a game like this, it won't get you as far as you'd like." By now, the players had left the building, and were already on their way to one of the floor's native streams.

Once they found the stream, the players walked alongside it. Vigilon's first mistake in the encounter was stepping on the target monster. Vigilon was suddenly confused when he stepped on something that wasn't dirt or plants. Whatever he stepped on also screeched. "Eh?? Augh!!" The Giant Silver Salamander wasn't alone, but they didn't seem interested in helping this one, which was about 4'6" in length. It must have been a runt or something. The other players charged at the other Giant Silver Salamanders, and then there was a player-monster skirmish. Vigilon attempted to use Delayed Sword to attack the smaller Giant Silver Salamander that he accidentally stepped on, but he and Veriost timed the attack wrong and missed. The Giant Silver Salamander made the mistake of choosing to fight on the land instead of in the water, and it's lunging attack missed. Renixx and Kaldui rushed for four of the creatures, Kaldui ended up missing, but Renixx was able to get a good AoE attack on them. All four of the monsters the two were facing flung themselves upon Renixx, dealing a mild bit of damage.

ID# 101358 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

ID# 101359 MD: 5-1=4(Miss)

Vigilon: HP 440/440, EN 47/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Giant Silver Salamander: HP 160/160, 48 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon glanced over to the other party's fight real quick, seeing that Auranika and Ind0minus had four mobs between the both of them, and Azrea had two monsters to herself. Auranika struck with an AoE attack, Ind0minus missed on his attack, and Azrea almost completely shredded the HP of the monsters she was facing in half. He turned back to the Giant Silver Salamander runt he was up against. It was headed for the stream, but Vigilon jumped in the way. "Not so fast, pal!" Vigilon attempted to attack using Delayed Sword, but he'd never tried it against something like this, to be honest. Not only did his attack miss, but the Giant Silver Salamander managed to grab hold of his leg and bite him. "Okay, so I haven't done enough practice against low, sprawled out amphibians like you. Big deal, I can take you on." He wondered how the others were doing.

ID# 101362 BD: 2+1=3(Miss), MD: 7-1=6(Hit)

Vigilon: HP 401/440, EN 46/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

Renixx and Kaldui, in their battle, in terms of actually getting any hits on the opposing mobs, their luck had turned for the worse. They both ended up missing, and the Giant Silver Salamanders they were fighting against seemed to know exactly where to strike Renixx. From behind. Renixx was now on the ground, his HP decreasing lightly. "Kaldui, if you can manage to make a hit on these things, please do so before they overwhelm us!" Kaldui seemed reluctant on taking another action. "I don't want to hit you by mistake and get an infraction, so I'll have to get them off of your back first. Literally." She appeared as though she was thinking for a bit, then she grabbed the tail of one of the Giant Silver Salamanders, and, with extreme difficulty, held it firmly, and swung the monster into the others, knocking them off of Renixx. "That certainly did the trick!" Vigilon had to get back to his fight before his enemy got to go for a bonus strike. Vigilon grabbed the head of the monster, and managed to get the thing off his leg. He tossed it aside, but then he realized that his action cost him some energy. At least he had plenty more where that came from!

ID# 101371 BD: 2+1=3(Miss), M: 2-1=1(Miss)

Vigilon: HP 401/440, EN 45/49 | 8 Base DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed | 1 Paralyze

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon