[OP-F2] Living Stone

Angel roamed through the mountainous region of the second floor, his sword and new shield in hand. Moving carefully through the treacherous rock formations that formed on the mountain side, Angel slowly climbed the rock face. He was following some rumor, explaining that there was a special material at the top of the mountain. It was said that any armor or weapon forged with the material could repair itself, no matter the amount of damage it takes. Angel was determined to get his hands on the item and at least test it to see if the stories are true. If they were nothing but lies then Angel would go public with the story and deter other travelers from coming this way. But he had to be sure first.

Struggling to get the last few feet, he finally pulled himself onto the flat mountain top. Looking around, he didn't see anything that would resemble some sort of ore or visible difference in the stone. He wandered around the flat basin, shield ready and sword primed, as he observed the land. Nothing other than regular rock. He kicked a stone off the side and sighed. "I may need some help with this." He muttered as he posted a "Help Wanted" poster. Then he sat in the middle of the massive circle of stone and waited.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seld noticed the Help Request, and checks the location. He was finally getting to explore floor 2, and was worried if someone needed help they might be in danger. He rushes to the listed location, his blood red sword drawn. Getting to the area, and seeing no monsters, he sheathes the sword on his back. Walking forward, he looks for who posted the help wanted, wary about the possibility of an ambush.

Angel heard the footsteps coming towards him as he glanced towards the sound. A player was approaching him, a blood red sword in his hand. Angel didn't move, as to not disturb the possible hostile. But when he sheathed his sword, Angel stood up. "You here for the job?" he asked the player, knowing that other people could be after the material.

Angel explained the situation as best he could. "Are you aware of the rumor of the Living Stone? Basically, it tells of a rare material that when forged into an item, be it weapon or armor, that the item will automatically repair itself, no matter what kind of damage it sustains. It's just a story but people keep coming up in these mountains to look for it, and they don't make it back down. I came to confirm that it's real or not. If it doesn't exist, then I'll tell everyone so they stop coming here. But if it does exist, then I could use it somehow. I just figured that with the amount of, losses, caused by this story that I might need some back up. That's where you and whoever else shows up comes in." He said as he walked to the edge of the flattened mountain top that they were standing on. "The only problem was that the story didn't tell which mountain top this material was on, or what was guarding it." He peered over the side. A few other smaller platforms were below them, forest surrounding their bases. But further along the path there were taller platforms. He had initially assumed that the Living Stone, if it even was real, would be up there. "So you in?" he asked, looking back at his future party member.

Angel sighed. "That's where the story gets fuzzy. No ones knows for sure what their supposed to be looking for. No one knows if it's an ore in the ground, or a monster drop, or even a quest reward by some old coot NPC who camps out here. That's been one of the main reasons people are dying; they don't know how to get what they're searching so hard for." He sighed again, remembering the staggering number of deaths on this one quest. "So that's why I'm gonna need the help. I'm honestly not sure what I'm getting myself into." He drew his sword and looked it over, checking his reflection in the blade. "It's not going to be easy. You still up for it?"

Angel smiled at the player's answer. "I like your train of thought." Then he sent the party invite. Once that was done he began looking back at the mountain ranges. They were all the same; flat topped and high. It would take quite a bit of climbing to get there on foot. Then he scanned the woodland ground level. Various monsters could be seen roaming the environment, ranging from bears, to wolves, to giant wasps. It was like your average forest, but you know, with a lot more dangerous features. He frowned as he tried to plan out his move. Then he looked back, "What do you think we should do? Mountain tops or forest floor?"

Seldentar accepts the party invite, then thinks as he looks around.

Maybe it's neither what if the stone is in a cave? Maybe a hidden area somewhere. If it was out in the open I doubt it would be just a rumor by now.

He thinks for a moment.

Maybe there's some type of rare stone golem or something that drops it. Maybe its a rare drop from a mob that fits what we are looking for.

Angel smiled. "I suppose anything could be true. That's what makes it so dangerous. But I'm starting to think your rare golem idea might hold water. I mean, a golem is literally Living Stone. I don't know what else it could possibly be." He sheathed his sword and scanned the horizon. "Now where to find it. It could be on one of those taller mountain or on a cave floor. Either one is plausible. We just need to agree on which on. Or we could check out both. Either way, I don't plan on leaving until I get to the bottom of this." He walked back towards his new party member. "But I promise ya, if we do find the stone and there's more than one, you defiantly get one." He said as he reached out his hand for a handshake.

Seldentar grins, grabbing his hand.

"Its a deal. So, why dont we start with the mountains. We will have a pretty good view of the area from there, and might find some hidden caves. Plus, if your looking for stone, thats definitely the place to start."

Seld will draw his sword after they begin to move, keeping himself at the ready in case they run into anything dangerous.

Angel smiled. He liked Seld's energy, how it buzzed with excitement. Angel nodded at his answer to climb the mountain. His strength was high enough to climb effectively but his acrobatics could use some work, making jumping most of the way up a near impossibility. He sighed with a slight grin. "Then we'd better start climbing." he said as he carefully made his way down the current mountain and back onto solid ground.They would need to cross some woodland before they made it to the nearest mountain base and start to climb again. "This is going to be a long day." he muttered to himself.

Once they were on the ground, Angel readied his shield and sword. The forest was dangerous, even if it was the second floor. Bears, wolves, and even more possible monsters roaming around there woods. The floor was covered in dirt as roots crisscrossed the various paths that lined the ground. Trees as tall as the clouds stretched above the adventurers' heads, casting shadows almost as long as the trees themselves. It was a warm day and a lot of light was blocked by the canopy above. Angel frowned as he heard rustling in the bushes around him. He readied his sword but then he saw that it was just a simple <>. He calmed down and continued on towards the next mountain top. "How you doing back there?" He asked his companion who had remained quiet for the time being.

Seld looks up, having been lost in thought. He grins embarrassed.

"I'm doing ok. Just quiet I guess. I get lost in thought wondering about my friends on the outside sometimes. I wonder whats going on, how things are, what im missing. It can be a bit sad, but good motivation to keep fighting so i can get back there one day. Mind if I ask you a question?"

Angel smiled a little, remembering his own life outside of the game. Granted he did spend most of his time in the gaming world, he still remained to have a good social life outside of games. He had friends, mainly other gaming people like himself, and he kept good relations with his family. It wasn't anything spectacular but it was better than most people he knew.

Mind if I ask you a question?
Seld had asked him.

He nodded, waving his shield in response. "Fire away."

Seldentar turns his head to look at him.

What made you choose Sword Art....

But his question never finished. His eyes opening wide as he stared past Angel. His hand instantly clenching his sword tighter in his hand. Moving towards them, a man sized spider, its multiple eyes staring at them both hungrily.

Behind you!

Angel's head snapped forward, his shield instinctively raised to protect his chest. He gripped his sword and held strong as he saw the massive spider coming towards them. "Keep an eye out," He told Seld. "Giant Spiders rarely travel alone." He said as he aimed his blade at the spider's head.