[OP-F2] Living Stone

Angel laughed a little. "Yeah, hospitals are kinda annoying." he said, knowing that he had yet to be moved to a hospital. "My grandfather died in a hospital and so did my great grandmother, granted she was 100 and my grandfather was 96, hospitals still bother me." He said as he finished his bread and put away his drink. Then he stood up and stretched. "Well, we should get back to climbing." He said as he started back up the mountain.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seldentar nods, starting to follow him again. As they climb, he looks around, trying to find the best footing to continue. After placing his foot, he looks up, reaching up for another rock. Above him, he notices a wierd shadow on the cliff face. A cave maybe?

"Hey Angel, whats that above us?"

Angel looked above him and saw the shadow. "I think it's a cave. I'll check it out." He says as he climbs up towards the mouth of the cave. As he nears the entrance, a swarm of bats rush out, startling Angel and causing him to lose his grip. His leg and left hand lose their grip and he hangs off the side of the mountain by one hand. He freaks out and panics a little, flailing but keeping his hand on the mountain. But then he calms down and grabs on back onto the mountain side, breathing quietly to himself. Then he pulled himself into the mouth of the cave. Looking around, he saw that it was a large cave that went deep into the mountain. "This might be it." He told himself as he drew his sword and shield. "Come on up Seld, it's all clear." He yells back.

Selds eyes go wide as he sees Angel flailing, but breaths a sigh of relief when he catches himself. Taking it one step at a time, he finally manages to climb up to the Cave entrance with Angel, looking around.

"They really don't make it easy on finding these things huh? I wonder how many secret areas are in SAO..."

Angel chuckled at Seld's comment. "If it was that easy to find a self repairing material, don't you think even the Info Brokers would know the details by now? Secrets exist to be found out my friend, that's where we come in." He said as he selected a torch from his inventory and held it up, lighting their way.

He chuckled, understanding Seld's concern. "I've got a reliable source. He's an Info Broker, but he only works for me and he's one of the best. Plus I keep hearing stories throughout the various taverns on the upper floors. It's a little iffy I'm not gonna lie but the guy's never given me bad information before. I trust him, and I hope you can trust me on this." He said with a confident smile as he made his way down the tunnel, the torch light shining in front of him.

As they walked on for a few more feet, Angel quickly started to notice something strange. It may have just been the torchlight playing with his eyes, but it seemed like the floor was moving. It rippled every now and then, like a lake with someone walking across the surface of it. They continued going as Angel slowly gripped his sword, changing the torch to his shield arm. "I think we're getting close." He told Seld as they continued moving at a steady pace. Then after a quick turn, the tunnel opens up into a massive cave. It's the size of a large house with gems and precious metals lining the walls. A large, glowing blue crystal gave off light which engulfed the cave in a light blue hue. Resting beneath the giant crystal was a stone pedestal. A set of stairs led to the top of the pedestal where a sort of basket was resting. Angel was fairly sure he knew what was in the basket. "Keep your guard up; this is gonna be the most dangerous part, I guarantee it." He said as he carefully made his way towards the pedestal.

Seldentar stares at the cavern in awe, looking around at the area. Amazing wasn't a good enough word to describe it. his eyes eventually drawn to the giant crystal and the basket. As he hears Angels warning, his hand reaches back behind his shoulder, grabbing his sword and drawing it out.

"What do you think's gonna happen next?"

"Well it's clearly a trap, that much is certain. My thought is that once we touch the basket or its contents, then the exits will be sealed off and some sort of mini boss will be summoned. It won't be too OP but we should still expect a good fight." He said, as they continued towards the basket. But right before he stepped on the stairs, a message window popped up in front of him. He opened it and after quickly reading it, a smiled spread across his lips. "It's done." He said with a smile. Then he opened his inventory and equipped a new sword. This sword was a One-Handed Longsword, with a red blade and a leather grip. Small diamond shapes were missing from the middle of the blade, allowing for air to pass through and therefore making the sword go faster. The grip had the appearance of a dragon's claw grabbing his hand, locking it in place. "It's about time my friend." He told the sword, a smile upon his lips as he did so. "Alright, let's get this over with." He told Seld, a little more confidence flowing through him not that he had his latest addition to his arsenal in his hands.

Angel slowly approached the pedestal, shield held close to his body and sword point behind him, ready for a quick attack. He stepped up onto the flat top and approached the basket. As he peered inside, he saw it. About 6 softball sized rocks rested in the bottom of the basket. Every now and then, they would twitch and move slightly. Angel's breath slowed down. "This is it." He said quietly back to Seld. Then he proceeded to reach down and pick up one stone. It vibrated in his hand, like it was trying to escape his grasp. He used his other hand and tapped on it, bringing up the information window. After identifying it, his suspicions were confirmed. <> now rested above each rock. "So it does exist." He could hardly breath. He had actually found it.

But, it seemed to easy. He and Seld couldn't have been the only adventurers to climb this mountain and find this cave. Angel quickly collected all the <> and put them in his inventory. As he turned and passed Seld he told him, "I'll give you your share when we get back to the safe zone. For now we need to get out of here." Then he ran for the door. But the exit had disappeared. Angel quickly turned and scanned the room. He may have seen it for a moment but he saw something crawling across the ceiling. It was large but seemed too bulky to move that quickly. "Eyes on the roof!" He shouts as the entire room lights up; the tell-tale sign of a boss fight.

Seldentar was moving around the room, when he saw Angel move up the steps. Seeing him pick up the objects from the basket, he watched surprised as apparently nothing happened. Maybe it wasn't a trap after all. It was almost impossible to get to, taking normal walking paths youd never find it he reasoned. When Angel said it was time to go he was more then happy to not have to risk his life in a death trap. Thats when he noticed the door missing. Muttering under his breath, he starts to walk forward until he hears Angels warning. Looking up, his sword held defensively, he looks for what Angel was pointing at.

Angel watched the ceiling carefully, looking for whatever was hunting them. His shield, Boar Basher, was held close to his body, keeping his torso safe. He held Dragon Claw high, waiting for the inevitable strike. His listening skill wasn't great but that didn't mean it was terrible. He stood still and closed his eyes, his ears picking up every noise that came from the cave. He heard Seld's slow breathing, his footsteps echoed around as he waited for the attack as well. Angel even heard his own breathing. But he heard something else. The noise was high and the echo soft, but he heard it. It was a slight clicking noise. He listened more, pinpointing the location, and then his eyes shoot open and he turns around. "Behind us!" He shouts as the monster appears behind them, coming out of the ground itself. It was a strange sort of Stone Golem that much was clear. It's stony complexion was motionless as two red eyes starred down at the adventurers. Angel charge a Vertical Arch attack as the monster rushed towards them. His blade moved with blinding speed as it flashed a blue light and moved in the standard V motion. It cut the Golem twice, each attack a critical. As it's health bars appeared, Angel knew that this was gonna be tough.

Angel 13/13

Seld 15/15

Stone Guardian 16/20

2 critical attacks

Battle Dice +1 due to Dragon Claw

Seld rushes forward, holding his sword at waste level as he moves. As he gets closer to the Golem, he lunges forward with his favorite attack. As the Golem roars, he stabs forward with all of his strength, his blade slicing deep into the stone figure in front of him.

Blooddrinker: +1 Damage

Critical!

Angel 13/13

Seld 15/15

Stone Guardian 12/20

"Switch out!" He shouts to Seld as he rushes forward, ready to attack with both his sword and shield spike. He charged a slash so that Vertical Arch could cool down. He rushed forward as he blade glowed yellow. But the Golem had learned it's lesson. It swung a mighty stone arm at Angel. He held his shield at an angle, hoping to bounce off the attack while not damaging the spike on the front. Luckily, he managed to slide under the monster as it slammed it's column of an arm on Angel's previous position. Then Angel stood up and slammed his shield into the monster's back, hoping to do some damage.

Angel 13/13

Seld 15/15

Stone Guardian 12/20

He uses most of his strength to thrust the spike into the monster's back. But to his misfortune, the monster's armor was to strong and the shield point bounced off, throwing Angel out of balance and causing him to fall backwards. He rolled to his feet and quickly found some cover behind a pillar.

*Monster Post*

The Guardian Golem Roared in pain at their attacks. They had broken into its chamber, stolen its precious stones, and now were attacking it. Raising its hands together, clasped into a fist, it brings it down hard. Seldentar jumps back, only to realize in horror that he was not the target of the attack. As the curled fist hits the ground, stones begin to fall from the ceiling.

AOE Attack: 2 Damage if attack is successful, entire room in range.

Battle Die 8 Hit

Angel 11/13

Seld 13/15

Stone Guardian 12/20

Seldentar stumbles as he feels the stones hit him, growling as he rushes forward. He needs to get a good shot in to start undoing that attack, and jumping into the air, he aims to bring his sword down on the monsters head. With a satisfying crashing sound, his blade slices into the monster, but no where near enough to end the fight.

Angel 11/13

Seld 13/15

Stone Guardian 10/20