[OP-F2] Living Stone

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Seld!" Angel shouts as he rips his sword down on the spiders head. Unfortunately, his attack missed and the blade gets caught in the ground. He cursed under his breath as the spider kicked him away. He landed about 10 feet away from the spider, hitting his back against a tree. Not a good start to the day.

Seld 12/13

Angel 10/11

Spider 7/7

Angel moved quickly, standing and reading his weapon and shield. He sliced at one of the legs while ramming his shield's spike into the thorax of the spider. He must have moved to quickly because his head suddenly became cloudy and he missed his initial strike. His sword missed with his shield seemed to hit on of the legs early on and knock him down. With his back on the ground he held the shield against his chest as the spider stepped on him. It wasn't bad enough to cause damage but enough to keep him pinned down.

Seld 10/13

Angel 10/11

Spider 7/7

Seld rushes forward, worried about what the spider might do to a pinned target. Reaching, he swings his sword hard at its leg; hoping to cut through and remove it. Missing, he curses to himself, growing more concerned by this turn of events

Seld: 10/13

Angel: 10/11

Spider: 7/7

Angel was unable to get up from the spider's weight but he realized that his sword arm was still free. In a desperate attempt at freedom, he stabbed at the spider's underbelly, praying to the digital gods that he would get lucky. Due to his skill level in one handed swordsmanship, he managed to get a hit as his blade plunged into the spider's abdomen. It hissed in pain as it stepped off of Angel and back away from the party. Finally, a break! he said to himself as the spider stepped off of his shield.

Seld 10/13

Angel 10/11

Spider 6/7

Seld moves in front of the spider again. With his swords ability, he is confident he can take more damage then Angel. He raises his sword as the lunge skill he is so fond of activates, then jumps forward at the spider.[His attack falls short, and he narrowly avoids the spiders bite

Angel hops up, eager to get back into the fight. He readies his weapon and as Seld misses the Spider, Angel charges a Vertical Arch sword skill. As the blade flashes a bright blue color, he swings the blade. He swings diagonally down to the right and then finishes into the upper right corner, creating a V shape. The attack hits both times, cutting the spider with the sharp blade. Then, out of sheer hope, he takes his shield and punches it forward, thrusting the spike towards the spider's many blinking eyes.

Seld 10/13

Angel 10/11 (will heal 1 point next turn due to Battle Healing skill)

Spider 4/7

Angel uses a large amount of strength in his shield bash, hoping to do some damage. "Praise be to the digital gods!" his head screams as the 6 inch spike punches right almost a dozen of the spider's many eyes. It's a thundering hit which causes the spider to be forced back a little, giving Angel more room to defend himself and Seld. The monster is dangerously wounded now, blood falling across it's face from the terrible spike wound. Angel spun the sword in his hand, his confidence through the roof. "Come on!" He screamed at the spider as it charged him again.

Dice roll 10 = critical strike

Seld 10/13

Angel 11/11

Spider 2/7 -1 to Battle dice due to blinding

Seld will wait for Angels second strike to land, then rushes forward.

"Angel! Switch out!"

He rushes in, dropping low as the spider recoils in pain, and thrusts his sword up at the spider. As the spider starts to move forward again, he drops to a slide, stabbing upwards with all of his strength. As he does, his sword begins to glow blood red for a moment, as his blade pierces through the spider. It wavers slight, before shattering into light.

Critical Hit - 3 Damage

Blooddrinker- +1 Health

Seldentar: 11/13

Angel: 11/11

Spider: Dead

Col Earned for this fight: 85 (Will be added to total pages * 400 and then divided evenly between both players at the end of the RP)

Angel heard Seld and switched out with him, leaping behind him as he rushed to strike the spider. After the massive upward stab and the spider breaking apart into pixels, Angel taps Seld on the shoulder. "We need to keep moving. It's not safe here." He told him as he started to run towards the mountain base, sword and shield ready for anything.

Seld nods, following behind him.

"You're right, about possibly being more. In other games, i used to run into like 5 or 6 at a time, and I don't think we can handle that right now."

Seld will watch their flank and rear, letting Angel cover the front as they move towards the mountains.

Angel nodded as they ran through the forest, slashing through the smaller creatures. "I faced the same problem in previous games too. But then again, I could die in other games." He sighed as they got closer and closer to the mountain. "But let's not dwell on that right now. We've got to keep moving."

Seld nods, keeping things away from the sides as they move quickly.

"Yeah, suicide training runs don't really work in a game where you can't die. Gotta be careful"

As they reach the base of the mountain, Seld looks up, swinging his sword behind him sheating it on his back.

"Unless you see a path, it looks like we are gonna have to climb."

As the approach the base, Angel sheathes his sword. Looking over the mountain side, he doesn't see a clear path up. Sighing as he puts up his shield. "It looks like we're climbing. How's your strength? It looks like a long ways to the top." he says as he approaches the massive cliff base. He finds a good, solid grip and starts the climb, keeping three points of contact at all times.

Angel smiled as they continued up. "I regret to say that I wasn't the most outdoorsy child in the world. But I have climbed my fair of virtual mountains in my days. Tell me something Seld, while browsing the internet have you ever heard of the name, Lucifer's Reviews?" Angel asked, referring to his internet identity as a gaming critic.

Angel pulled himself up onto a ledge to rest while shaking his head. "Never mind. It's nothing really. Just an old name I had in the real world." he smiled as he took some water from his inventory and drank a little. While his mind was on the subject, he began to remember his life IRL. He remembered all the reviews he did, all the famous people he met through the show's popularity, and all the fun he had during the show. It was one of the way's he had met his girlfriend in the real world. She wasn't much of a gamer, which may have saved her life. Angle smiled, remembering her. But then he remembered Seld was right there and quickly corrected himself, taking some bread out of his inventory and started snacking on it. Then he offered it to Seld, "You want some?" he asked, the water bottle and bread in hand.

Seld climbs up onto the ledge, reaching into his own pocket for some food.

"I got some, thanks though."

He starts to eat the bread he has, thinking about things.

"I guess as plain as this is, its better then what we are getting for real. Feeding tubes and IV fluid. I never liked hospitals much. Guess its a good thing I cant see that I'm in one huh?"

He laughs bitterly, going back to eating his food as he looks around the ledge they are sitting on. They still had a long way to go to get to the top of the mountain.