[F2 - PP] A foe by any other name <<Long Live The Queen>> [COMPLETED]

It had been a few days now, and Neo was ready for more adventure. She looked around in hopes of finding something to do. Everyone seemed busy with the new event that had popped up, but Neo held no interest in it.

As interesting as it could be, I doubt I would do well in such a largegroup event.

Shrugging it off, Neo spotted a distressed NPC catching their breath at the edge of town. She had gone up to the second floor on a whim, and it seems to have paid off. Remembering that she had a friend now, Neo sent off a message before going to initiate the possible quest.

Spoiler

@Sunova

I think I found a quest for us to work on together. I have no idea what the details are but it should be interesting. Meet me at the edgeof town on floor 2 if you can. Don't worry if you're stuck at the moment, I still need to look over my skills again.

With the message sent off, Neo opened up her menu to idly check things while she waited for Su to show up.

She was really busy in a small park on floor 1 at this time swinging her Katana to understand the ways of the game a bit more. It was surely something to do with luck even more than now before as she had done some training on her own. then she jumped a bit as she heard Bing and was standing ready to attack something, but then she found out that it came from herself as she got a new message. She opened the message and started to read it. Ooh, Neo wants to do this cool quest, LET'S GO As she packed her things and walked over to the teleporter. "Floor Two Main settlement,"  she said as she teleported to the next floor.

Upon coming on Floor two she skipped over to the edge of the town, It was not a really big town but still, there were a lot of players walking on this floor. She kept skipping to the edge of the town and saw there a familiar face, Neo was there standing checking her menu. Sunova wanted to do something fun as sneaked up to Neo, as she was almost next to Neo, Sunova managed to fall over a loose stone and fell right next to Neo. "ouch" Sunova said as she was laying on the ground, She turned to her back as she looked at Neo,  "Hihi Hiy, seems like I have fallen in" She said as she stood up to greet Neo this time but normal  "How have you been Neo?" She asked cleaning her knees.

Neo hadn't waited long when Su showed up. Even though she tripped, she played it off with a fun little pun that Neo couldn't help but silently laugh at. She brought her hand up to her mouth as her quick breathing mimicked laugh. Neo had to learn several motions that didn't come naturally to her because it put off a lot of people when her reaction was shown in a very different way.

Maybe she tripped on purpose? I wouldn't put it past her with how much she enjoys joking around. Doesn't matter though. On purpose or not, it's still just as funny.

When Su asked how she was doing, Neo just gave a thumbs up and then pointed at Su with a quizzical look on her face. Neo felt good having someone to exchange such pleasantries with. It was something she didn't have much of these days, or even hen she was back at home.

Sunova let's out a small smile as Neo could be heard laughing just silently,  It even made Sunova laugh at her own joke and Neo's reaction. Sunova knew the system lets you talk even if you did have a voice in real life, but some people just wanted to stay quiet and one of those people was Neo. Sunova did not really care anyhow even if she didn't want to talk Sunova know she had fun.

As when Neo gave her the thumbs up Sunova smiled, "I was trying to sneak up to you and surprise you, But that stone there didn't want to, So it saved you from a bit of a scare" As she pointed to a stone that was clearly sticking out of the path as she kicks against it and the purple pop up shows right away. <IMMORTAL OBJECT>  Even though the pain was not a thing there still was a small part of regret in Sunova's Eyes. "Aaw I wanted to kick it so far that it would fly up to the next floor,"  She said with a smile. Sunova then turned back to Neo, "So about the quest, where is it and how do we do it where do we start it and..." She stopped mid-sentence as realized what she was asking Neo, She would respond to it just making weird signs. "Sorry, there my energy caught up with me. So were to you lead And I talk " She said with a smile as she started to look into her inventory. As she got out a two sandwich and gave one to Neo "Talking makes me hungry, And I didn't eat yet so I'm really hungry."  As she took a bite out of the sandwich.

Su kept talking, which suited Neo just fine. As she did, Neo began to wonder what kind of quest the NPC would give. She had no idea what to expect, as she hadn't really figured out if there was any sort of pattern to the quests the game has.

That would be the worst, being stuck in a game and getting bored of it. Though I guess it would be hard to get bored when your life is constantly on the line.

Once Su was done talking and offered Neo a sandwich, Neo gladly accepted. It tasted good, and Neo realized she had yet to eat that day. As she was finishing up her sandwich, she pointed towards the exhausted NPC and began to walk over to him. As they got closer, Neo let Su take the lead, she was going to let Su do the talking like she offered.

Following Neo to the exhausted NPC  Sunova took the lead in the conversation with the NPC. The NPC was holding his own knees and looked to the ground, Sunova waved her hand in front of the NPC as he got up with a bit of a jump. "Hiy, You look Tired, What is wrong sir. Can we help u with anything." Sunova said with a very calm tone in her voice, Sunova almost looked like she came from a rich family with this tone she had and by what she said. The NPC looked at both Sunova and Neo to inspect them somehow. " Uum, you two are adventurers. You don't look like adventurers but just two jong girls. But Looks can be deceiving. But yeah you can help me, There is this giant monster out in the fields and ... well, SHE is very dangerous. can you two deal with it." The Exhausted NPC said. Sunova looked at Neo to sign that this would be interesting, "We will but I like to have some more information about this 'GIANT' monster and what SHE is. you don't want us to run in blind." Sunova said clearly still using her Calm voice. It was really clear that this was about a field boss but Sunova knew about Field bosses and how irritating they are.  "Surely I don't want to Yough girls to die, So here is what I know. This Monster is a queen wasp... Big and very dangerous, It will be in the fields right over there." As the NPC pointed at an open field not far away from here. Sunova's eyes then opened wight as the NPC said the word Wasp, "Uum ... Uum ... YEAH! We can do ... that." Sunova said as she didn't like wasps at all. Sunova took a few steps back from the NPC to end the conversation and looked to Neo with wight open eyes, there was a bit of fear in her eyes. "We ... We can do it right Neo?" She asked Neo clearly not wanting to deal with this thing alone.

The exhausted NPC was talking with as little breath as he seemed to have. As he spoke, he appeared to be terrified of whatever he said attacked him. There was little she could do to console him considering he was an NPC, but it was enough to just pull on Neo's heartstrings. As soon as the NPC named the enemy though, Su seemed to get visibly nervous. Though Neo didn't know for certain, she guessed hat Su didn't have any good experiences with wasps before. Neo didn't really know that much about wasps, but knew them well enough to take understand how terrifying they could be. As Su finished the conversation, she was still quite nervous. She turned to Neo seeking confirmation, so Neo gave as confident a nod as she could. She didn't know exactly how tough the wasp would be, but didn't want Su to ave to worry. Neo was going to have to try and take point as best as possible during the fight. She just hoped that there wouldn't be minions accompanying the wasp. Neo turned to head towards the field, gesturing for Su to follow.

Sunova was a bit calmer after Neo gave her the nod, and she followed Neo right behind "Wasp Queen, Waps... Queen, QUEEN." Sunova said yelling Queen a bit hard. Sunova made it really clear to herself that this was for sure a Field Boss, She did not hear of many field bosses that would pop up out of nowhere but still. She grabbed her notebook into her hands and started writing something down and then began to sing a little bit "Don't be scared now my Little girl, You make the world a better place. Keep your Pride and stand your Ground, I will be here by your side" Sunova sang with a low voice but good enough for Neo to hear. Then Sunova took a deep breath and let's all her energy out at once, "Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep We can do it, I'm here you are here. Even if this is a field boss WE can do it together. So let's see."  Sunova said sounding very confident now as she looks through her notebook "Here... <<Wind Waps Queen>> there is info about this thing. Strong field boss on floor 2. Has only one attack, that is its basic Attack. Doesn't have any minions but there are <<Wind Wasp>> around it so let's not try to AGRO them as well."  Sunova said as she looked into her notebook if Neo looked at the notebook she could see that there was on the other page a drawing of a sort big plant called <<Nepent Variant>> with some extra info on the side. It looked like Sunova had been really speaking with some information breakers it almost looked like she was one herself with this amount of information as a low-level player.

Neo looked over Su's shoulder, curious about her mumbling. She didn't linger for long, as she knew how irritating it could get, but managed to gleam a couple things. Su was most certainly a thinker, which Neo liked. She could often find herself lost in the heat of battle, fighting with her heart rather than her mind. As such, she enjoyed having someone more tactically minded backing her up. While thinking of tactics, Neo remembered she had brought something. She pulled out two things of ranch dip she had brought from her restaurant. No one had come to be a customer, so Neo brought some of the excess she had made to help the two of them out. As Neo pulled out some crackers to dip into the ranch, she offered the container to Su. Even though they had just ate, Neo hoped that Su would understand that this was for more than just filling one's stomach. Neo quickly found a place to set stuff down and bean to dig into her dip.

Spoiler

Eating 1x Ranch Dip:

T1 Snack, +1 evasion for one thread

As Neo offered the cracker to her, Sunova looked. "A Cracker ..." She said as she took the cracker and jumped a bit and dropped her pencil on the ground because a menu popped up in front of her. The menu was saying <<Ranch Dip>> T1 Snack,  +1 evasion Made by Neopolitan. Sunova picked up her pencil and puts it between her notebook. It was very handy tho and this was really good to see that Neo made this, "Ooh this is Nice Evasion is really handy." Sunova said as she took a bite from the cracker Sunova seemed to like it very much. "Mph, Let's see. If I start moving now than" Sunova said and she started to side step really fast, It was for sure faster than before but still not the fastest as she was still moving normal, After she was done side stepping she looked at Neo "It's really cool that you made this, I wish I could cook like this here as well. I can cook in the real world but still, it's here all up to luck." She said Sunova was clearly liking that Neo was so happy and that made Sunova happy as well. Even If Neo didn't talk, It almost looked like Sunova and Neo could hear each other just by looking and it was special that the two became so good friends just by Sunova's rushing action that one day. "I'm Happy I met you that day Neo, I would know what to do if I didn't meet you," Sunova said as she started to write something in her notebook and then turned it to Neo. Above stood To do List And there was already something marked away, Like Find Hazado, Make Friends, Find a Strong Ally, and last Bond With Neo. But there were still somethings not marked and some of those things were Get to the Frontline, Defeat a Boss, Help Someone, Become stronger, And Find Neo In the Real WorldSunova looked with a smile from behind her Notebook at Neo and then turned the notebook back into her inventory.

As the two ate, Neo felt content. She knew hat there was danger lurking around the corner, but in this moment it could al be forgotten. She didn't need to worry about the dangers ahead, it was just the two of them cheerfully eating away at some crackers and dip. Su showed Neo her notebook and Neo couldn't help but be flattered that Su wanted to bond with Neo so much. Besides Hazado, who she'd never heard of before, No was the only other name on the list. It seemed as though Neo had really made quite the solid friend, and hoped that it would last. As the two finished their dip Neo got up, her cooking's enhancements making her feel filled with energy. She took the lead towards the fields and made sure not to leave Su behind. Whatever challenges awaited them, Neo didn't care. With Su's help, she knew that they were going to be unstoppable, at least on this floor.

Sunova followed Neo right behind not trying to fall behind, It was not hard for her but now and then Sunova needed to make a bit of a hop to catch up. Even If Sunova was a bit on the small side she still was quite fast of a mover.  "I don't Like wasps, their sting is so painful. And they as so scary always flying near your have and it is really easy to make them mad" Sunova said as she looked to some Wind Wasps in the distance. True Sunova was not keen on this field boss at all and wanted this to end as fast as it could, but still, as long as Neo was with her she felt good. Sunova and Neo looked like a great team and even if they did not fight together yet they still made it look like they could do anything. Still, however, Sunova was still a bit on edge about the Wasp thing and she was trying to make happy thoughts. "Let's See, The mountains here are really big it almost looks like this field is in the middle of the floor. But I think this would... " She stopped talking and started thinking of something "WAIT I HAVE SOMETHING. If we are done maybe we can go to something nice maybe a nice picknick, I can ask some of my friends I know And maybe they can ask some of there friends to come as well." She said then with happiness in her voice, It was true the needed to get stronger but Neo only knew Sunova and Sunova wanted that Neo that she made more friends, But Of course Sunova would stay With Neo most of the times.

The two approached the fields, and Neo's mind was dead set on the task in front of her. As they walked, Su talked about her fear of wasps.

I don't think we'll have to worry about making it mad, I think the quest has taken care of that for us.

Su talked about having a picnic, and Neo wasn't sure how she felt about that. She could tell that Su was trying to get Neo to become fiends with more people, but Neo just wanted to move ahead as quickly as possible.

She probably is asking purely because all I want to do is forge ahead.

Neo nods, accepting Su's request. As the two crest a final hill, Neo spots a giant wasp. Above it is the text box <<Wasp Queen>>.

There's our enemy, now we just need to take it out.

No readies herself and draws her rapier, waiting for Su before she goes in.

Neo nodded to her request about the picnic and Sunova saw in Neo's eyes she was not that she already spotted something. Sunova looked over Neo's shoulder "Eeeep!" Was Her reaction as she covered her mouth as fast as possible. Witha low voice Sunova began to speak "It's Big, Real Big, And ugly really ugly." As she took out her curved sword and looked at the menu that popped up in front of her, "Okay DMG 1 and Bleed, don't fail me now" Sunova was clearly now getting focused on the big wasp that was flying around. She started to scan the area for any other wasps and gave Neo a thumbs up to show that is was clear to move and they were ready to attack. "You attack first to make sure you hit it, I will hold back before it attacks and then once the Hate is up I will help and make sure you get healed in time and attack the wasp as well,"  Sunova said sounding really serious about it and the scared of wasp girl was completely gone, Sunova was no longer playing around and waited for Neo to attack the Wasp.

(OOC: The Wasp would be attacking after I made my first move and before of your second move.) 

Once Su was done laying out her plans, Neo went in to attack the Wasp Queen. It was a hideous bug up close, though could something that large really be called a bug.

I guess there's a reason bugs are always so small, there's no way anyone could call this things cute. Then again I don't think I've ever seen someone call a bug cute, aside rom a ladybug or firefly of course.

As the queen turned, hovering above the plains, Neo prepped for a sword art, and felt the energy rush through her once more. And though her new blade was made quite well, she wasn't used to it yet. She mistimed the strike and ended up swinging far to the left of the insect. A little ashamed at her miss, Neo recovered as quickly as possible, doing her best to keep the wasp queen on her and not Su.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102130

BD: 2 + 1 ACC = 3 - Miss

Neo:

HP: 180

ENG: 16 (-2 for miss)

Hate: 0 (miss)

Wasp Queen:

HP: 50

DMG: 20

Edited by Neopolitan

AS Neo went for the Attack Sunova stood up as well and followed behind But as Neo mist her attack Sunova took a bit of a look at Neo like next time you get him. Sunova then took a few steps back to make sure the Field boss did not start to attack her. However, As Sunova stepped back she was already standing in a stand that looked like someone that was known to hold a sword in there hand. "I'm Not going to attack it, If I do Hit It will target me and I really don't have that much MIT" Sunova yelled to Neo with a very serious tone in her voice. Sunova stood there still looking a bit left and right to see if they agro any other monsters. "Keep focused Neo, If you think you lose hope, You will be losing hope. Smile to your enemy Think about his moves and move on the wind itself" Sunova Yelled over to Neo, It sounded like she knew where she was talking about and how thing will handle.

Spoiler

Neo:

ENG: 16

Hate: 0

Sunova:

HP: 100

ENG: 10

Wasp Queen:

HP: 50

Su was holding back, which was just fine. Neo knew that she wasn't the sturdiest of people. The Wasp Queen hadn't even seemed to take notice of Su, which was good. However, it meant that Neo had to be ready for the incoming attack. The queen tried to sting her, but Neo was ready. She sidestepped the attack with ease and released her sword art right into the queen's side. It landed, but the paralyze didn't go off.

I was really hoping to paralyze the queen, though I guess I can't be that lucky. I'm just glad that I hit it, now it should be able to stay focused on me.

As the queen turned towards Neo, it bared its back to Su. It was completely focused on Neo, and that meant S would be out of harm's way for now.

That's right, stay focused on me, there's no one sneaking up behind you. No one at all.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102131

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 - Hit

MD: 2 - 1 + 1 - Miss

Neo:

ENG: 16 (+1 regen; -1 Sword art [cost is 2 - 1 for finesse])

Hate: 1 (+1 for hit)

Sunova:

Wasp Queen:

HP: 44 (-6): 3 base * 2 sword art

Edited by Neopolitan

"Hit it again so I can start to Attack as well, once you hit It again I will Stun it so we can attack it freely." She yelled from behind the Queen Wasp who was focused on Neo. Sunova looked at Neo's HP as the Queen mist its first attack, Did looked promising how the Queen mist its attack right away, meaning Sunova didn't need to use her First Aid skill yet. "Neo, Keep at it. I forgot to count how long it takes for that thing to attack but it looks like we can both can hit it in the time it is charging its attack." Sunova said as the Queen wasp was just hanging here a bit before it attacked Neo again, It was charging its new attack and Sunova saw this "ITS ATTACKING NOW, DODGE" She Yelled from behind the Queen Wasp.

Spoiler

Neo:

Hate: 1 

Sunova:

Wasp Queen:

HP: 44

Su was still holding back, even though Neo was pretty sure all attention was on her.

Maybe she knows something about the system that I don't, so I'll just have to hit this creature as best as I can until Su does jump in.

The wasp queen began to charge in stinger first at Neo, and Neo didn't dodge. Instead she went for a counterattack. The wasp tried to attack, but Neo already had her sword art going. She deftly struck the stinger out of the way and then cut off one of the wasp's limbs while it was spinning in the air. The wasp buzzed back to the ground, temporary paralyzed from Neo's rapier. While on the ground, it seemed to have a look of fury in it's many eyes. Even if it did know that Su was there, it was unlikely that it even cared. It was thirsting for Neo's blood now.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102147

BD: 10 - Major Critical Hit

MD: 2 - 1 = 1 - Miss

Neo:

ENG: 16 (+1 regen; -1 sword art [cost 2 - 1 finesse])

Hate: 3 (+2 crit)

Sunova:

Wasp Queen:

HP: 34 (-10): (3 base + 2 crit bonus) * 2 sword art

Status Effects: Paralyze - 1 turn; Bleed - 12 damage/turn - 2 turns

Edited by Neopolitan

It was time as the Queen Wasp was now laying on the ground because of Neo's Paralyze, Sunova got ready her weapon as she was standing behind the Queen Wasp. "This has to hurt it. Let's DO IT" As she said this she started charging to the Queen Wasp, Using her Sword art she hits the wasp as it was laying on the ground.  Hitting the Queen wasp, on the chest with her sword art it seemed like it did hurt it. "Now it is time to end this thing as fast as possible. A few more hits will do it" Sunova said as she took a step back reading another attack to deal against the queen wasp. "Neo Your Up, Hit it While it is down. And Nice Critical there By the way" Sunova said While she was talking in a very serious voice, sounding and acting like a real tactician now. She was so focused on the battle that she almost forgot about other things as the wind around them started to blow really hard what was no surprise on Floor 2.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #102156

BD: 5 +1 (Hit)

Neo:

Hate: 3 

Sunova:

Hate: 1

Wasp Queen: