[SP-F01] Earning a living: Blacksmith

Dustin walks out of a forest, thinking back to a few business proposals and thinking, Maybe I could work on that now. Besides, I can work on talking to customers later. He looks down at his sword, plus maybe I can make her stronger. He lowers his body and runs back to the town, trying to cover a great distance in a little time. Making swords is gonna be so fun, I've wanted to since I was a kid. It's literally a dream come true. Making swords to take on quests and kill monsters. Using those monsters drops to make more swords and create a cycle. Dustin stops right outside the town of beginnings. This would be better if I had someone to help me. He rushes to the blacksmith he was told about, and makes good time too. Stopping only to look at ice cream. He makes his way to the outside of the shop and stares inside. "Here I go." He exhales, walking forward and opening the door.

Dustin walks out of the town of beginnings and Digs. "Already off to a good start." He says, picking up the first material.

ID- 103809

LD- 19

Edited by Dustin

"Hey guy, one quest please." He says, rudely. "Sorry, I'm a bit excited." He chuckles. This is gonna be awesome. He listens to the man explaining the quest to him. This world has been fun, but once I get out of here I'm gonna be a real blacksmith. He smiles and runs out the door, "Thanks Cerdic! I'll be back soon." Dustin bursts out of the smithy and runs to the edge of town, making sure to stop at every restaurant to check for ice cream. I have to help the weaker players. If I don't I'll be worse than the murderers who killed my brother. Wow, I'm depressing when there's no one to stop me. He makes his way to the edge of the town.

Maybe I can kill some boars. No, way too risky. Dustin takes a step out of town and makes his way to a forest. "This will be just about far enough." He sits down and looks around, "This dumb forest, too many bad memories." He sighs, laying back on a log. This sucks, this world is awesome and I'd rather die here than the real world.

Dustin kneels down and digs through the dirt for a material. "Nothing." He sighs.

ID- 103807

LD- 10

Edited by Dustin

Dustin searches the forest floor and kicks the dirt. "Not again." He shouts, picking up his stuff heading south and moving past his favorite spot. He moves on to the cave Cerdic mentioned beforehand. Have I been here before? He walks into the cave and looks into the cave. This would be a great napping spot. He starts humming music and leans against the cave wall. "Echo!" He giggles, and lays down and closes his eyes.

He wakes up a few minutes later and stands up, hitting his head on the cave wall. "Stupid fu... Frickin wall." He shouts, kicking the wall. He walks back to grab his sword and starts hitting the wall. I should learn to handle shields by doing this. This is how I learn to fight, in solitude. This is my natural habitat. He sheathes his sword and walks back to the edge of the cave. He moves to the entrance and looks around, but can't see due to it being night.

ID- 103660

LD- 1 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

Dustin searches again, finding nothing. Whatever, eventually I'll get something. He grabs his sword and walks around out in the woods. Opening his inventory, he pulls his sword out and puts it in his inventory. Hopefully I won't be needing this. I won't be replacing her, but I may one day. He looks around and throws a rock at a tree as hard as he can. The rock bounces off of a tree and it hits another rock. That was soooo cool. I wish someone was here with me to see it. He throws his head back holding his forehead.

This frickin' sucks. He walks back towards the cave and sits down. He lays down on the floor in the cave. He throws a rock up and catches it repeatedly, humming a song and dancing to the beat. He rolls over and pulls his cloak on tight. He launches the rock out into the woods, and curses the name Cerdic.

ID- 103661

LD- 4 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

Dustin stands up and searches through the cave. "Cerdic, you lying snake." I can't believe that butt head lied. He punches the wall as hardly as he can. He steps back huffing and puffing, drawing his brow closer together. This is why I stopped adventuring for a while. He paces around and rubs his chin. This business is important, but the quest is already annoying. He drops to his knees and throws his body forward. It's so boring, I frickin hate this.

I wonder why people can hate this game. Of course there's the obvious. However, the real world sucks, and if you die in the real world you're dead for good anyways. Why not have fun adventuring while you're at it. He frowns, thinking about his brother. "Dang it." He stands up and walks out of the cave to swing his sword and practice his technique. After a few swings he steps back into his little hidey hole.

ID- 103662

LD- 8 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

Dustin throws his head back and groans. "I hate this stupid quest!" He shouts. After hearing his echo he giggles a little. This world is where I belong. I've killed before in the real world, not people of course. I've done a lot of killing in the real world and it was never with a gun. He throws his sword at a tree and it sticks into the trunk. I want to die. He falls back and sighs, covering his face with his hands. "Why do you hate me? Huh?! Why me?! What have I done?" He shouts. If my friend were here, he'd say something about 'Luck is what you make.' and stuff. He puts his sword away and starts punching the tree. Why am I so frickin' bored? All I need is a friend and I'll be set for a while. 

Dustin lays down on the ground and closes his eyes. This is the world I was born for. He waits around and eventually falls asleep. A few more hours pass and Dustin stands up and watches the sunrise. "Beautiful day." He smiles genuinely for the first time in a while.

ID- 103663

LD-13 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

Dustin looks around, "What's the point of even getting mad?" He walks away. The problem is I hate the real world. My only friend in the real world is dead. It is the worst being alone in the real world. He starts to think about the job in the future. Maybe if people with a little money ask for help I will, but if they need help making money I'll have to go with them. Dustin smiles.

I could be a bodyguard and help the weak beat the strong. He grabs his sword and hugs it, "You're my baby, don't worry." He lays down and grabs his sword and swings at the wall. "I have to get stronger." He slams his sheath against the wall as hard as he can. Kadin would've loved this. He loved pointless adventures, especially out in the woods. Dang, I have to get myself under control. Kadin would want me to move on. Dustin makes his way to the edge of the forest and kneels in front of a broken sword in the ground. "I wish you were here."

He makes his way back to the cave and sits down, sighing.

ID- 103664

LD- 14(fail) 

Edited by Dustin

Dustin looks around and sighs, I'd better get moving on this quest. He stands up, making his way to the entrance of the cave. He heads to a clearing in the forest and sits, watching the clouds go by. I wish I was a bit more relaxed. This world has always come easy to me, I know what to do. Others aren't so lucky. He stands up and brushes off his legs. I know what it's like to not fit in, that's why I try to make everyone feel at ease.

Having made his way back to the cave, Dustin walks in and digs around on the ground for a short while. Standing up having found nothing, Dustin shouts. I wish I could help those in need, like a true knight. Instead I can't even help myself. Dustin kicks the dirt. "COME ON!" He shouts. This is MY world, I fight for myself. I will clear the game and kill that snake, Kayaba.

Dustin stands up and plans out his first blade. Maybe the blade could be red, and the cross guard could be darker red. Dustin picks up a stick and draws the design for the sword in the dirt. "And the pommel could be a crow." Dustin mumbles to himself.

ID- 103681

LD- 1 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

"My life's changed since I met those players." Dustin stands up and kicks a rock. He looks at the design and thinks. "Maybe if I shorten the blade and increase the speed stat, It might work for my friend." He smiles. But to increase the speed, I might have to decrease the damage. I'll refine the details later, I need to get materials first. He stands up and starts digging around.

Never been so annoyed in my life. Well, that's not true, I had been to most of High School. He chuckled, "I'm hilarious." He walks to the design. "The design is flawed, I'll have to refine it here." He adds a few touches, making the design a bit more elegant. "I've got it!" He stands up quickly. The blade could be twisted back to the blade and rounded. This is the second best Idea I've ever had. Dustin smiles and dances around, jumping up and down.

"I'm a genius. This is my break through." He dances, spinning around and jumping.

ID- 103686

LD- 7 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

"Failed again." He sighs, looking at his design. "Maybe that design won't come true." He draws his sword and slashes his knife designs. I'm gonna become powerful. He walks around watching the other players in the distance, killing boars. "That's where I should be. I'm a warrior, not a gatherer." I'm stuck in a cave drawing stuff on the floor. Dustin smooths the drawing out.

This is the world in which I fit best. I have more friends here than in the real world. I'm tired of being bummed out all the time. Dustin runs out into the woods and draws his swords, slashing trees to either side of him, leaving "x" marks on every one. I need to get faster. He says, pushing his body to it's limit. "Come on! Faster!" He drops to the ground from exhaustion.

He struggles to stand up and makes his way back to the cave. Within a blinks time he's back at the cave, Pretty easy. I will be the fastest player in the game. He runs to his spot in the cave and lays down.

ID- 103691

LD- 5 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

Dustin rolls around and pulls his cloak off. He also removes his armor to rest. I've always wanted to help, why can't I? I've lost everything so it can't be fear. Dustin stands up walks out of the cave to stand and wait for time to pass. Come on, I have to get over this. The business will be helpful in the case of getting stronger. He draws his sword and stabs the ground. He leans against his sword and smiles, "This is the life. This sword is cold." He winces, leaning forward. Like I internally monologued earlier, I love this world. The real world is booty, but I am seeing a few up sides. He smiles, Real women. He lays down and smiles, Speaking of, I need to get out and talk to more of them if I ever want to get married. He stands up and searches for some materials, "Nothing. I hate this quest." He turns around and sits down.

ID- 103693

LD- 1 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

Dustin sighs. I hate searching for stuff when I can't kill anything. Besides, the only thing I get from this is I can afford ice cream eventually. He walks around, still trying to kill time and failing miserably. I need to get better at this whole spending time with other people thing, but no one likes me. It's whatever though. He digs around and finds nothing. I must be getting worse at this or something. He walks out of the cave. I should search in the forest, maybe I'll have better luck there. He climbs a tree and jumps to the next. Seems easy enough. He starts jumping from tree to tree, he drops to the ground and rolls. "Too easy." The man stands up and continues on his way to the clearing up ahead. He slams his sword into the ground, and runs and grabs a log. New pillow, frick yeah. He cuts the "pillow" in half and lays on it. He stabs his sword into the tree nearest to him.

ID- 103697

LD- 7

Edited by Dustin

I'm not very good at this whole searching thing am I? He stands up from yet another failed search. This world is for warriors like me, not for vultures. Dustin picks up his sword. I will be the hero of this world. It's important that I do this for Kadin. I need to be stronger to clear the game. After that happens, I won't know what to do, but by then I'll have avenged Kadin. That'll be done soon, hopefully. Maybe when I do, I can design a knife for him. I'll name my first blade Caliburn. Then I'll upgrade it into Excalibur. He draws a new design on the ground.

Maybe I can't make a good weapon. Nah, sure I can. I'll make the best blade and use it to kill the final boss. Then I'll make the sword in the real world, and use it to kill Kayaba for what he did. I'll make sure he suffers, He'll die the death of a thief and a murderer. He'll endure years of torture, or I'll kill him in one blow, one or the other.

Dustin examines his design and memorizes it. Using his mind to color it and pick materials and inscribe etchings. He designs an etching on the ground and keeps a keen eye on the design, memorizing every detail and searching through the designs for any flaws or inaccuracies and corrects them. My first blades will be black and white with crow pommels. The first will be Huginn and the second will be Muninn. 

ID- 103698

LD- 3

Edited by Dustin

"I'm gonna frickin lose my mind doing this." He says. "That's 12 failed searches." Dustin punches the wall, breathing heavily. "Take the blacksmith quest, they said. It'll be easy, THEY SAID!" He throws his sword to the entrance of the cave and shouts. This is the worst. I'm going berserk here soon and there's nothing I can do about it. Dustin walks out of the cave and tries to take a few deep breaths to calm down. I've only been this close to losing it once or twice before. He clenches his fists, and looks around like he's paranoid. I can't help but feel like HE is watching. He grabs his sword and starts swinging it aimlessly like when he fought the men who killed his brother. I'll make them pay, and they'll remember his name. He didn't deserve what they did to him. The victims almost never deserve the pain.

ID- 103738

LD- 12 (fail)

Edited by Dustin

"I should probably hurry up and finish this quest." Dustin jumps up in excitement, having found a material finally. I did it. I love this quest, I love this game. He spins around dancing and singing. He does a backflip and runs through the woods. "Woooooooooooo! Wooooooooooooo!" He shouts, clapping through the woods. "Woooh! only 4 more to go!" He runs and jumps. After that the player walks back to his spot to keep digging, but waits instead. I could design a bomb weapon and give it to a friend. He sits down and starts drawing up weapon designs for every weapon type until he realizes that bows aren't in the game. Dang, that was the coolest design yet. I wish there were frickin bows in this game. I need to focus. So this sword I make, It has to be named. Cardinals Treasure? Dragon Slayer? Fate Bringer? Whatever, It'll be free in my shop.

ID- 103755

LD- 19 (success) 

Edited by Dustin

Dustin stand up and searches for materials. After a few minutes of digging around, Dustin lets out an exasperated sigh. I hate this quest. It frickin sucks, this quest is boring. I hate it, I hate it I hate it I hate it. "All I want to do is make swords. Nothing else." He throws his body back, laying down. He watches the stars in the night sky and memorizes the patterns. He thinks back and imagines clouds where the stars are. "This world is what you make of it." He closes his eyes and listens, to the leaves rustling. To the town of beginnings off in the distance. Even to the breathing of passive mobs around him. "It's beautiful if you let it be, It's tough to get past it's exterior, but once you do it's amazing." He puts his hands on his face and sits up.

ID- 103756

LD- 13

Edited by Dustin

Dustin rummages through the dirt, still finding nothing. Why? Why wouldn't I plan ahead? Why am I so hell bent on being good enough to go through life without help. I need help sometimes. This world is beautiful but rough. That's why it will be mine. This world is mine. I was born for this world. The real world sucks, that's why I'm here. I can talk to people here, I can have friends here, that's why I'm scared of the game being cleared. I don't want to leave this place. This place is all I have left, No friends, no life, I have my mom, but she is always working to provide for us. I hate the real world. This world is my real world, It's where I hope to die. Dustin wakes up a few hours later, not even knowing he was asleep. Crap, must've fallen asleep. Makes sense though, this quest sucks.

ID- 103760

LD- 12

Edited by Dustin

Dustin stands up and celebrates. He draws his sword and spins it around. He dances all around and sits down. One billion col, here I come. Maybe I can make and axe, designed after a lion. Or a spear after a dragon. The latter sounds way cooler, I'll do that. Dustin begins to draw in the sand. He designs the head of the spear as the tail, and makes the dragon wrap around the spear very thinly and makes the head a counter weight. This could be better. He completely erases the design and makes a new one from scratch, this time, making the head of the spear fire instead of the dragon head. This spear is about to be dope. And maybe I can give it to her. Nah, She'd hate it. I think. I don't know her too well, do I?

ID- 103761

LD- 17

Edited by Dustin

Dustin picks up his sword and walks back to his spot, looking around and making incredible weapons in his head. A legendary sword named Emerald Dragon. If all works out correctly, I'll expect a new acquaintance. Maybe even a business partner. Nah, that might be a bit too much, I still gotta get more materials for that.

Dustin sits down and starts digging for materials. He gets a little excited when he hears an item enter his inventory and sits up. She uses a spear but is almost as short as her spear, that's gotta be some kind of disadvantage. He looks at the rock sitting next to him. "i could use that." He smiles, picking up the rock.

He draws a design with a rock embezzled in the area right under the spear head. This time he plans to use the weight to make the spear a throwable spear. He makes a counter balance, perfectly balancing the spear. This should be easy enough to throw. The thing is, I don't know if you can throw spears in this game.

ID- 103763

LD- 18

Edited by Dustin

Dustin keeps designing the spear. Now that I've done more research I can just make a sword for myself if I need to use it. I could leave blood ridges to look cooler and reduce weight. I could put a crow pommel on, and make the cross guard a crow, with it's wings spread. Dustin stands up, looking at his design, and smiling. Actually i could make it heavier, increasing damage. I don't use armor, so it'll just reduce my attack speed. Wait, attack speed is my strongest ally.

Dustin walks over and digs. He looks increasingly worried until he feels something. "I did it." he says, questioning this entire quest. "I did it. It's over, all I have to do is make something and it's gone for good. I could get rich. I could sell my soul. I could own aincrad." I will own Aincrad. It's mine. This world is mine. I just let the others keep their clothes here.

ID- 103767

LD- 19 

Edited by Dustin