[SP-F01] Earning a living: Blacksmith

Dustin searches again and finds nothing.

Dustin breaks into a sprint as he rushes back to the town of beginnings. This will be way too easy, hopefully. I can make a good weapon on my first attempt. I probably won't especially considering my luck in the forest. I never had good luck. Especially not when it came to looting. All I needed was skill, That's why I am a master swordsman. Well, I will be, once I get to be a higher level. I'm gonna be on the front lines one day. I will own this game, this world. Aincrad's as good as mine. Dustin says, jumping over a waitress NPC on his way. He stops abruptly and turns back. "Hey, I can't help but notice your irresistable beauty." He says. He shakes his head. "I'll be back for you later." He adds, guiding her chin gently as he dashes away. Only a little bit longer til I reach Cerdic's place. And then I'll be a master blacksmith. I'll own Aincrad because the man who controls the most powerful weapon in the world, is the most powerful man in the world.

He reaches Cerdic's shop and runs inside. Pushing to the back of the store, he stands next to the crafting table and thinks. I could make a sword, dagger, or a spear.

ID- 103808

LD- 1

Edited by Dustin

Dustin, begins his crafting, focusing on what he wants to happen. But he makes a slight miscalculation and the crafting process fails. He slams his fist on the table. "Come on!" He says, stepping back and wiping his face. He crack his knuckles and jumps up and down. I need to craft a spear. He pulls out another material and sets it down.

After a few minutes of staring at the material, he brings the hammer up and... drops it back down to his side. "This is a lot more difficult than I thought." He pulls his hand off of the material and shakes his head. I need to visualize the spear. There's no other possible explanation. I need to become a master craftsman and this isn't how you do it. This is how you fail an become poor. You break everything you touch and lose all of your friends.

ID- 103769

CD- 1

Edited by Dustin

"Come on, visualize the spear. make it real. You know how to do this." He says, sighing. I've worked so hard to get here, I can't believe I'm failing this hard. Lady luck, what have I ever done to screw you over? It's all Cerdic's fault for making this so difficult. Maybe I should beat him up. Dustin turns, and looks at the man towering over him. Probably not. Maybe I could send a strongly worded letter. He looks at him again. "You could always tell me how to do it. This is my future on the line here." He chuckles, "You don't care, you're a computer." He gets in the NPC's face and smiles. "All you see is numbers, while I see the beautiful world for what it is." It is a beautiful world. All the nature and all the buildings. Makes the real world seem boring.

ID- 103770

CD- 1

Edited by Dustin

"Come on!" He shouts. He sits up on the table, "Hey Cerdic, why won't you help me with this? You hate players? Me too, most of them anyways." He turns back around and tries to make another spear. I have to make this perfectly, or she won't like it. It has to be so perfect not even I can defend against it. I have to make sure she likes it. She has to love it. This spear will be the death of me, so it has to be epic.

Dustin looks through his mind. He looks down and hears a clang. Thinking he made it, he looks down quickly, only to notice he'd instead hit the table. "This quest just keeps getting worse." He looks at Cerdic begrudgingly. I'm gonna send you a strongly worded letter. Then you'll help me, and maybe I'll make lots of money and meet lots of girls.

ID- 103771

CD- 9

Edited by Dustin

"You know what? A dagger sounds way easier." Dustin grabs another material and places it down. He pulls up his hammer and starts hammering away. The dagger has to be perfect. It has to be the best Dagger in Aincrad. This dagger can be second to none. Dustin looks down and focuses on the bar in front of him. He keeps hammering away, focusing on the designs in the forest. It was an all gold dagger, curved blade, with an elegant engraving of a rose on either side of the ivory handle. He looks down as the glowing materials begin to take shape.

He smiles as the material cools and begins to look exactly how he imagined it. "A perfect knife. Nice." Dustin looks down and notices how the blade has a red glare across the gold blade. He goes to touch the blade, but almost like a static shock, a spark comes off and shocks his finger. 2x bleed and one Paralyze, huh? This is one Bad knife. Bad as in awesome, not poorly crafted. I know what I meant. Dustin turns and looks at Cerdic, smiling. "That is a fine blade."  Cerdic says, smiling at Dustin. "Thank you sir." Dustin bows. "I'll call you, Solid Gold." He smiles.

ID- 103772

CD- 12

Edited by Dustin