[F02|PP] This might STING a bit <<Long Live the Queen>>(Pinball)

Prometheus had been on floor two to kill some time. "Man, this place sucks." He looks around. He hated this place, the game was essentially taunting him at this point. All he wanted was to burn the world, and all the game did was throw flammable stuff in his face. If he had the power, Aincrad would be hotter than the sun. He moves away from the wall and looks around. His eyes settle on the first player he sees and he walks up to the player. "Hey, you wanna kill a bee?" He asks, trying to get a friend to help him kill a bee. "You can keep the col." He says, standing behind the player. This dude ain't gonna help me, I need to find someone who isn't ignoring me. He turns to walk away. I have nothing better to do, looks like my schedule just cleared up for dying. He chuckles.

@Pinball

Pinball wore no armor, and held no weapon. His plain, button-up shirt had its sleeves rolled up, showing his skinny arms. The jar tied to his waist, filled with inky blackness, rattled violently, then stopped. The only thing fancy about him was the necklace that hung around his neck; he didn't quite look like someone who knew how to fight, unless he had been recognized. So when he was approached by a player asking for help, he was a bit surprised. The man was tall; taller than Pinball, which was saying something, depending on the man's age. "Do I - do I wanna kill a bee." Pinball stared. If it was the quest he was thinking about, it wouldn't be that difficult. But then again, level was hard to pin down, and it could actually be something dangerous for the man. "I don't actually need the col, but-" but the man had already turned to leave, and Pinball flustered, took a step forward. He hesitated. Does he even need the help? What the hell was that all about? Ask. It took a few seconds for the boy to muster up the courage to call out to the player as he left. "Uhh, do you - do you not need help anymore? I can. I can come along. If you need.

Player Stats: 

Spoiler

Level: 41
Health: 820 | Energy: 82
DMG: 15 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 3

Skills:

Combat skills:
►<<Charge>> [35/50]: Rank 4 - Master

Weapon skills:
►<<2H Assault Spear>> [50/50]: Rank 5 - Grandmaster

Armor skills:
►N/A

Extra skills:
►<<Familiar Mastery: Fighter>> [18/18]: Rank 3 - Grandmaster
►<<Martial Arts>> [0/50]: N/A
►<<Survival>>

Utility Skills:
►<<Fishing>>

Modifiers:
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Ferocity>>: +1 Base DMG
►[Active] <<Bullrush>>
►[Active] <<2H Assault Spear: Finesse>> ~ Rank 3 

Inventory
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Warrior’s Focus: +3 ACC
»[Empty]
»[Empty]

"Oh, you'll help? Nice." He says. Prometheus wasn't used to people not hating him, due to most people meeting him and hating him right away. "Okay, so I'm assuming you know the quest I'm going after is Long Live the Queen, right? Well, let's go." He says. He turns and his helmet hits a sign of a store, catching him off guard. "What was that?" He asks, looking up at a sign. "I should've known." He says, continuing on. The man was used to walking into signs and branches and other stuff. He had been this tall for a while. His helmet being pokey and sharp also was an issue sometimes, but it helped keep away attackers, and it does it's job. Prometheus looks back at the player and points to the sign. "That was the signs fault." He smacks the sign. "Anyways, let's go, I've got a stupid bug to kill." He chuckles. It wasn't funny, but Prometheus liked to bully bugs.

@Pinball

Pinball nodded, teeth clamped tight. He still hadn't decided if it was best to go with him. His armor looked imposing enough, and though he couldn't see his face Pinball had a feeling it probably wouldn't be the most kind. "Yeah," he mumbled, taking a step forward to follow. Straight to the point, Pinball thought. I don't know if I really want to tag along with this guy if- Whack! The man's helmet hit the sign of a store, and Pinball couldn't help but grin, though he quickly dropped it when he turned around. Yeah, nevermind, I'll go.
"You- you alright there man?" Pinball jogged forward, keen on keeping pace with the armored man. So far he hadn't pointed out his lack of weapon and armor, so he hoped that it meant that this guy would be able to hold his own and that the armor was more than just decoration. "Yeah, I'll follow. Let's go." Pinball rolled his shoulders, the jar on his waist shaking violently, seemingly of its own accord. I'll just pick up a stick on the way there and use that, he decided. Gotta make sure it's solid enough to where it won't snap, though...

@Prometheus

Edited by Pinball

Prometheus walked towards the gate of the town in floor 2, and he turned to the other player. “Try anything and I don’t care what level you are, I’ll tear your head off.” He puts his hand on his curved sword. He lets go and walks out of the safe zone. It had been a while since he went on and adventure, but he was ready for anything. “We’d better get ready, unless you want to fight with nothing.” He says, drawing his sword that almost looks like flames and smoke trapped in a sword. The red at the base of the blade grades into black as you move towards the point of the curved blade. The cross guard shaped like a v of fire. He holds it at his side, however, he doesn’t change his stance at all.  He walks like a stiff board, like he isn’t scared of anything. He turns to the unarmed player and tilts his head, pointing to the jar on his side. “The F*ck is that?” He asks, rather rudely. His eyes squint as he heard buzzing and he throws his hand over Pinball’s mouth. “She knows we’re here.” He whispers, his helmet casting a shadow on Pinball’s face.

@Pinball

They had walked in what Pinball thought was an uncomfortable silence until they reached the Safe Zone's edge. It was then that the armored man whirled around. “Try anything and I don’t care what level you are, I’ll tear your head off.” Pinball noticed the aggressive stance - he even placed his hand on the pommel of his sword to drive the point home. It was a thinly veiled threat, and Pinball could tell he meant it. He forced a smile, though the thought itched at the back of his head: I can lay you out right here. Pinball raised his hands dismissively. "N- no, no, you don't have to worry about me."  
The two walked a bit further, and Prometheus gestured to Pinball, drawing his sword. “We’d better get ready, unless you want to fight with nothing.” Pinball examined the sword from a distance, envious of the weapon's ornate design. But will it work in a real fight? Pinball looked back to the helmeted man. "I'm not actually proficient with any weapon. If you see a really long branch or something around here, though, I could use that..." He trailed off as Prometheus pointed at the jar tied to his waist, asking rather rudely what it was. "O-oh," he said, "It's actually my ca-" Just before he finished, an armored hand covered his mouth. He heard the familiar sound of buzzing in the distance. He prayed silently that it was just the quest monster, and not one of the more powerful monsters that Pinball had a tendency to sometimes attract on the lower floors. Pinball nodded silently, staring through the slits in the helmet, straight into the man's unusually fiery eyes. 

Edited by Pinball

Prometheus picks up his sword and rushes through the trees as the buzzing gets louder. He steps up to the was and slashes at it without the need for a plan of attack. The Wasp queen ducks under the slash and moves up, stinging the player in the chest. Prometheus grabs his chest and laughs. "That the best you got? I can do better." He says, diving to the side, avoiding the queen's next attack. He rests his sword on his shoulder, pointing at the bee and laughing. "She thinks she can do damage to me." He says, slapping his forehead. "Let's make sure she fall back into her place." He spins his sword down to his side, trying to look as intimidating as possible. He had no idea why, but he felt more comfortable in this pose, it's how he learned to fight. He learned to fight on the streets, so he was always trying to intimidate the enemy.

Spoiler

ID: 105523

BD: 1

Prometheus's attack misses

MD: 8

20 - 17 = 3 DMG

80 - 3 = 77 HP

Prometheus: 77/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Regen | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 Keen

Wasp Queen: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

@Pinball

Edited by Prometheus

As Prometheus charged into the fight without a word, Pinball glanced about the clearing, nonchalantly looking for something appropriate to use as a weapon. It has to be long enough to use as a spear... Ah! Pinball walked over to a thick patch of bushes, glancing up at the tree above it. It appeared that a tree branch had snapped off and fallen to the ground. If I'm just lucky enough- and his hands grabbed it. He pulled from the bushes a tree branch as tall as he was. It was thick at the base but rather quickly thinned out to the tip, and smaller branches jutted out from the sides. "This is barely a weapon," he grumbled. Pinball walked back over to Prometheus; the fight had carried the armored man and the bee a bit aways from where they had started. He lifted the poorly balanced tree branch over his head. "Hey, I'm back. I found something to use," he said simply, "give me a second. I'll help out." He tapped his jar twice, whispering to it. "Zomekko." 

Equipped: <<Flimsy Tree Branch: Vanity 2H-AS>> 

Edited by Pinball

Prometheus rushes toward the bee again, this time slashing down. The wasp tries to sting him, and Prometheus ducks under it. Prometheus, having dodged the attack, backing up to the edge of the clearing. He looks at the player holing the stick and smiles. "This should work out perfectly." He says, walking towards the bee. "No way am I losing to a stupid bug, not in front of my new friend." He says, pointing to the player, still holding a stick. Is he gonna fight or play with his stick? I don't care what he does, so long as he doesn't get in my way. I'm here to kill this monster and leave. Maybe, I could try to fight the player, but I'd likely lose if he's strong enough to not use a weapon. Either that or he's super cocky and overestimates himself. 

Spoiler

ID: 105527

BD: 2

Prometheus's attack misses

MD: 4

Wasp Queen attacks Prometheus

Prometheus: 77/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Regen | 1 ACC | 0 EVA | 0 Keen

Wasp Queen: 50/50 HP | 20 DMG

@Pinball

Edited by Prometheus

And after his rather peculiar excursion, Pinball finally joined the brawl. The Queen buzzed around angrily and wildly, and Prometheus had already taken two quick swipes at it with his weapon. None of his attacks had landed true, however. Pinball took a deep breath. Pinball hefted the branch over his shoulder, slapped it back into his palm, and held it out as a sword, trying to find the most comfortable way to use it. Ah, whatever. Pinball held it in both arms like a spear, and took a jab out the Queen as it buzzed past. His timing was perfect. The flimsy looking tree branch smacked the Wasp Queen square in the chest, pushing it backward. It took a second for the monster to save itself from being grounded, but it managed, and it came back glaring at Pinball, its healthbar all the lower. "Yeesh," he mumbled, "we should take care of this quick.

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN] 
Wasp Queen: ID# 105539  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) ~ 15 DMG

-Enemies- 

Wasp Queen: 35/50 HP | 20 DMG 

-Players- 

[H:0] Prometheus: 77/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC 
[H:1] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC 

Edited by Pinball

Prometheus steps forward. "Time to show you what I can do." He says, jumping up and down and shaking his head. He stretches his arm and runs in, slashing the monster. He waits for the monster to attack and just watches. The wasp stings upward, hitting him right in the center of his chest. He steps back and chuckles. He had never been hit this many times before. "That actually hurt, been a while." He says, stepping next to Pinball. "I'll take the damage, you keep dealing it." He says, nodding at the player next to him. "It's the fastest way to get this done. I don't do that much damage, but you do. Let's use that." He smiles, tilting his head towards the bee. Huh, he is useful. I guess I could have fun here, maybe let loose a little. I think he would be a great partner to help me to the top. The man looks at the beast and smiles. This might just end up being beneficial.

Spoiler

ID: 105556

BD: 7 + 1 = 8

Prometheus attacks Wasp Queen

35 - 2 = 33 HP

MD: 9

21 - 17 = 4 DMG

80 - 4 = 76 HP

-Enemies- 

Wasp Queen: 33/50 HP | 20 DMG 

-Players- 

[H:1] Prometheus: 76/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC (Last attacker)
[H:1] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC 

@Pinball

Edited by Prometheus

Pinball held his stick, struggling to keep the end of the long branch from drooping. He stumbled back and forth, lifting and bending, shuffling his hand's positions. The queen kept buzzing around, and Prometheus took a swat at it himself. Why isn't he using Sword Arts? Pinball grimaced. Was he doing too much damage? Was he being too obvious? Maybe he should have worn some type of armor. But I've never worn armor. Not even when I was his level! Pinball gestured to Zomekko. The smoky cat's form dispersed into a fog, surrounding the makeshift branch in an aura of shadow. "One more time," he said aloud, taking a few steps back. This time, Pinball used his Charge skill. He moved in an instant; his form a blur, Pinball jumped, and like a baseball bat swung his staff at the monster. The branch struck hard; harder than Pinball had intended. The Wasp Queen was knocked to the ground, sending up a cloud of dirt as it hit the forest floor. The superspeed wore off as quickly as it had come, and Pinball stumbled to a stop. His branch had snapped from the impact, leaving Pinball to stare at it stupidly. "Eee." He tossed it aside. I don't think lower-leveled players can do anything like that.

**Pinball's Vanity Weapon Breaks** 

Action Taken: Basic Attack [-1 EN / +1 EN]
Wasp Queen: ID# 105565  BD: 9 (Crit!) ~ 15+1(Crit)+4(Charge)= 20 DMG + STUN (Bull Rush) 

-Enemies- 

{Stunned} Wasp Queen: 13/50 HP | 20 DMG 

-Players- 

[H:1] Prometheus: 76/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC (Last attacker)
[H:3] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC

Edited by Pinball

Prometheus rushes forward, spinning and slashing downward at the monster. The stunned Bee slams into the ground and bounces right back up. He backs away for no reason, because the bee was still stunned. He stood there looking at the bee and tilting his head. "Did you make it retarded?" He turns and asks the player who had tossed his stick to the side. Of course he didn't not even Kayaba could do that. "You gonna finish it off or what?" He asks, motioning for the other player to move forward and attack. He might have actually made it retarded. I guess that's a guaranteed victory for us. The player sits down and watches the unarmed player. His combat style was a bit unique, but it needs refinement. Of course, it's not like I'm any better.

Spoiler

ID: 105578

BD: 10

Prometheus gets a small crit

3 + 2 = 5 DMG

13 - 5 = 8 HP

MD: 10

Wasp Queen doesn't move

[H:3] Prometheus: 76/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC (Last attacker)

[H:3] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 81/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC

Wasp Queen: 8/50 HP | 20 DMG 

@Pinball

Edited by Prometheus

Pinball was a bit dumbfounded by the Wasp Queen's sudden odd behaviour. Prometheus asked if Pinball had made it "retarded". He cracked a grin at that, replying with a squeak, "Maybe." He looked at the ruined stick in his hands, then at the monster that was on death's door. Zomekko had reverted to its familiar form, a ghostly cat with pure white eyes. She floated to Pinball's side, leaving splashes of shadow where it stepped. She cocked her head at Pinball, probably waiting for an order. Pinball held his hands out, and Zomekko split into two blobs of shadow, encapsulating his forearms in the aura of shadow that had surrounded his makeshift weapon just seconds earlier. Pinball walked over to the bee that was still spazzing out on the ground. Pinball took a knee next to the monster, and raised his fist for the finishing blow. The fight was one. Pinball brought his fist down as hard as he could... into the dirt. A cloud of dust shot up from the earth, and the Wasp Queen was free. Its health in the red, and its flight pattern still curiously erratic (though not nearly as horrible as it had just been), it glared at the two. 

Action Taken: Unarmed Strike - [-2 EN / +1 EN] 
Wasp Queen: ID# 105579  BD: 1 (Critical Miss!) 

- Enemies - 

Wasp Queen: 8/50 HP | 20 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:3] Prometheus: 76/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC (Last attacker)
[H:3] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 80/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC

Edited by Pinball
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID:105942

BD:8

8 - 3 = 5 HP

Prometheus attacks wasp queen

MD:8

20 - 17 = 3 DMG

76 - 3 = 73 HP

Wasp Queen: 5/50 HP | 20 DMG 

[H:3] Prometheus: 73/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC (Last attacker)

[H:3] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 80/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC

Prometheus pulls up his sword and slashes downward at the bee. His slash connects, but he doesn’t move backwards, he stands and watches the bee drop down to bring it’s stinger up to him. It flies towards his chest so he uses his hand to block it and pushes the bee away. “Hey, now let’s hurry up and kill that stupid bee.” He walks behind Pinball, “I have been known to get a little rough when I fight for too long.” He whispers in Pinball’s ear and backs up immediately. “I’m just messing.” A smile forms under his helmet and he sits on the floor. As far as I’m concerned, while he attacks, it’s not my problem, so long as he doesn’t get agro, I should be fine. Prometheus wants to protect someone, so he plans to become the best tank in Aincrad. To do that, he needs more stats, and better weapons and armor. He is focused on getting a shield next. A shield with thorns, so he could do damage and not move. Though, he didn’t need to deal damage if she was gonna be there with him, but he would like to contribute so she wasn’t doing all the work. At any rate, he still needs to get a lot stronger, so he farms out in the woods for days on end. It’s how he found the wasp and learned it was a respawning field boss. Prometheus, not having been much of a gamer before SAO, has no idea what that meant, but he likes the sound of something he can kill over and over again.

@Pinball

Edited by Prometheus

After his blunder, the Wasp Queen had managed to wriggle free, and once again take flight. She immediately targeted Pinball's armored companion, and he instinctually winced as the Queen's stinger struck his armor. Then he reminded himself that he was his armored companion. If Pinball had been his level, the attack would have likely been devastating - but that was because he never wore armor, save for the leather pads he sometimes wore under his jacket. He felt safe on this floor, so he stopped, but it was a bad habit that Pinball was now of a mind to break. As the Wasp Queen reeled back for another strike against the helmeted man, Pinball dashed forward, jump, and brought a hammer fist down across the side of the creature. The mob was quickly grounded, and as soon as it hit the dirt its form deteriorated, leaving nothing but a cloud of pixels that were quickly carried away with the breeze. 

Action Taken: Unarmed Strike - [-1 EN / +1 EN] 
Wasp Queen: ID# 105943 BD: 6+3= 9 (Hit!) ~ 7 DMG 

Wasp Queen: 0/50 HP | 20 DMG <<DEAD>>

[H:3] Prometheus: 73/80 HP | 7/8 EN | 2 DMG | 17 MIT | 5 Rgn | 1 ACC (Last attacker)

[H:4] Pinball: 820/820 HP | 80/82 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC

Edited by Pinball

Prometheus looks over to the unarmed man and laughs. “That was so cool. I didn’t know you could use your fists to fight in this game. How do I learn to do what you did?” He asks, holding Pinball’s shoulders. To Prometheus, Pinball has shown Prometheus to one of his favorite things in the world. He had already loved fighting with his hands, so when he found out he could, he was ecstatic. It was one of his dreams, the only dream that would satisfy him more would be to get fire on hand attacks. Then Prometheus would have succeeded in his fire build. He needs to become the fire king of Aincrad and will stop at nothing to do so. After the player sheathes his sword he lets go of Pinball’s shoulders and laughs. “We should go get drinks, They’re on me.” He says walking through the woods and motioning for the boy to follow. “You are old enough to drink right?” He asks, the player forgot the alcohol doesn’t work in the game, so he kicked a tree.

@Pinball

Pinball froze up when Prometheus grapped his shoulders. He wasn't particularly scared; but surprise and mild confusion was written all over his fists. What does he mean "how do you fight with your fists?" Unequip your weapon. Pinball stuttered for a moment, trying to come up with a reply, snapping his finger excitedly when it was brought to mind. "Oh! There's a quest, on the... third floor, I think. You have to smash a rock with your hands, and you'll get the Martial Arts skill. It counts as a two-handed fighting style, though, so you won't..." he pointed to the weapon clutched in the man's hand. "You won't be able to use it with your sword. Or a shield, for that matter." Pinball took a deep breath as Prometheus let him go, surprised he had managed to articulate a proper response. "Drinks," Pinball repeated, squinting. "Right. Okay." Pinball nodded, glancing back at his snapped, makeshift spear. "Yeah," he finally said, nodding again, "we can do drinks.

"Great, I know just the spot. However, Nothing too expensive, you just saw how weak I am." He chuckles, ready to fight if the boy said anything in response to that. Prometheus didn't know how he felt about this boy, he looks weak, but is actually really strong. Enough to make even Prometheus feel small. Though Prometheus didn't like that, but he wasn't gonna do anything about it. Not because he was scared either, it just didn't really affect him as a player. It just made him feel weird when he was around this player. Though he probably won't ever see this player again, he would be willing to fight next time they saw each other. Prometheus may be a hot head with a short temper, but he also doesn't care that much about anything. "I'm getting the hottest drink they have." He says, walking into the town.

@Pinball

Pinball flinched at the statement. His words were pleasant enough, but to Pinball, there seemed to be something... heavier behind it. Something he couldn't quite put his finger on. "Well," Pinball said carefully, "I can't be that much stronger than you..." He squinted, twiddling his fingers as he walked through the forest, hoping it was an acceptable response. Once again he found himself wishing he could understand people on a much deeper level than just the bits and pieces he sometimes picked up on. Even if I don't have the words to describe it. 
Pinball shrugged. "Must have gotten lucky with my attacks. It's dangerous to fight alone. For me." Pinball kept walking, and as they got closer to the town, Prometheus announced that he'd buy the hottest drink they had. "I'm actually in the mood for something colder, I think... and I can buy my own stuff. I really appreciate all your help, though.