[F02- PP] A Posionous Quest <<The Venomous Warg>> w/ Shield

Log Entry Ten

I get help from a front liner with a quest. He’s super cool man that doesn’t even use weapons.

—————————

Since realizing he was much too strong for the monsters on the first floor Cosi had taken to exploring the second floor. He was looking for good spots from mob farming, material gathering, and for quests that interested him. After a couple of days of exploring Cosi decided on one quest given by a merchant who told Cosi about a warg and it’s wolf pack that was in a nearby forest. Cosi wanted to take the quest but he felt like he’d need some support. Cosi would feel better with another person helping him. So Cosi went to the main city on floor two, headed to the central plaza, and started to put out a notice. The notice was simple. Cosi simply said that he was looking for a strong player to help back him up during the venomous warg quest. 

@Shield

Spoiler

Floor 2
<<The Venomous Warg>>
Party Limit: 2 | 20+ Posts
Recommended Level: 10
Players over level 15 are ineligible for SP rewards.
This quest is non-repeatable, however any player may participate in a thread to accompany the quest-taker.

Rewards:

• <<Venom Snapper>> last-hit item drop
  • Each player receives:
    • 1 Additional SP
    • 500 Col
    • (4) T1 Crafting Materials

Objectives:

• Defeat 3 <<Wolves>>
  • Defeat <<Venom Snapper>>
  • Return to Gatsly the merchant to receive reward.

Summary:

Untitled-1.png

You spot a merchant sitting in the corner of a pub in the heart of Urbus. As you approach, he coughs and gives you a pleading look.

"You come for the bill I posted? I am Gatsly. I work as a merchant, making just enough to support me and my family, but lately all of my supply caravans have been destroyed or chased away by a ferocious beast." He looks down at the floor, "I don't have much, but if you could slay the beast, I would pay you."

Should you accept, Gatsly marks the coordinates on your map and tells you that the beast is a mutated, venomous wolf, deadlier than any other in the forest. He hands you a vial of green liquid and instructs you to drink it if you find yourself poisoned.

Outline:

Before embarking on the quest, each player receives one <<Antidote>> from Gatsly:

<<Antidote>>

Item Type: Potion

Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Reduces the duration of a single Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect by one turn. If used out of combat, reduces the duration of the next Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect that would affect you by one turn.
Description: An alchemic concoction of herbs designed to reduce the duration of damaging or impairing status effects.

Players must explore the forest outside of Urbus for the <<Venom Snapper>> and its wolf pack. Parties of two players will fight all 3 <<Wolves>> and the <<Venom Snapper>> simultaneously. Solo players may choose to spawn each monster separately. When the <<Venom Snapper>> and <<Wolves>> attack, each use the MD result of separate rolls.

Ffxii-thextera.jpg

<<Venom Snapper>> Stats

HP: 150
DMG: 35
Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50
EVA: 1

• Venomous Bite: Natural MD of 9-10 poisons the target, dealing 10 unmitigatable damage at the start of their turn for 3 turns.

• Feral Strike: Every time a <<Wolf>> is slain, <<Venom Snapper>>’s next attack becomes AoE. This ability can stack (if 2 wolves die at the same time, <<Venom Snapper>>’s next 2 attacks become AoE). “Venomous Bite” can still trigger on AoE attacks.

• Player who deals the killing blow receives (1) <<Venom Vial>>:

<<Venom Vial>>

Item Type: Potion
Tier: 1
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: On a natural BD roll of 9-10, deals 10 unmitigatable DMG for 4 turns. Lasts one thread.
Description: A vial of toxic venom retrieved from the drippings of a <<Venom Snapper>>'s teeth. Takes a post action to apply to a weapon.

Wolf-ffxii.png

<<Wolf>> Stats

HP: 40
DMG: 25

Once the beasts have been slain, return to Gatsly in Urbus and show him the <<Venom Vial>> to claim your rewards.

The front lines had been such a grind lately that once Shield finally got a moment to himself, the idea of carrying lower leveled players no longer seemed quite as grindy as it usually did. In a way, it almost seemed like fun. "I could use a break. Something simple and easy should be a nice change of place," he thought aloud, opening the notice board and scrolling through requests. After being carried himself upon his first real venture out of the Town of Beginnings, Shield had realized the value and importance of doing so, often times spending long periods doing the same for others. "What's this?" he said, squinting at a quest title that he was not as familiar with. "A warg... I don't think I've done this one before," he said, tapping the request to examine the details. "Ah, I see why. It's low enough of a level that by the time I first heard of it, there was little value in the quest for me. Still, if someone is low enough of a level to need a carry on this, then it's worth the time to help."

He packed up his battle gear and headed out, making his way down out of the mountains of the eleventh floor where he made his home and crossing the great flatlands to Taft. Along the way, he penned a message to the player who had posted the notice.

'Hey,

I saw you request. I'm making my way to Urbus now. Look for a man with dark hair and a Manticore face on his shield. It's hard to miss.

-Shield'

As he materialized on the second floor, he adjusted the strap that held the Manticore Mask shield on his shoulder. He strode out into the main plaza, looking either direction for someone who might be doing the same. He didn't have a description, but hopefully his would be sufficient.

Edited by Shield

Surprisingly quick Cosi received a response to his request. It was someone called Shield, who said he had a manticore shield. That’s pretty cool. He must be a tank like me. Cosi thought as he peered past the many people in Urbus looking for the person who was going to help him. Cosi’s eyes strained but Shield was easy to spot. He must have been about six foot because it was tall but not as tall as Cosi. His hair was dark and his manticore shield was impossible to miss. Cosi strode forward, passing people with a small “pardon me” and made his way over to Shield. He extended a gauntleted hand, “Hello I’m Cosi. I take it you are Shield. The one who responded to my help request?” Cosi waited for the response with a crooked smile on his face, his turquoise eyes sparkling with excitement. Cosi was ready for another adventure. 

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Shield took Cosi's hand and gave it a firm grip and a solid shake before releasing it. "You take it correctly. You've actually brought up one of the few quests on the lower floors that I haven't attempted before. Since the NPC marked your map, I'll let you go ahead and lead the way." He was genial, though he was never one to be overly talkative unless there was something to be gained from an exchange, either through sharing relevant information or simply enjoying the discourse. Still, with the bustle, it made much meaningful conversation a little harder to manage. Still, there were at least a few matters that needed discussing before getting too far from the town. "What's your build, and what do you hope to add to the efforts of the quest?" he asked, casting a neutral glance with his dark eyes over at Cosi. "It's perfectly acceptable if you can't offer much. I have done my fair share of carries and don't mind getting you through it regardless, but it will help us work through our course of action."

Though he did not wear his full battle regalia in safe zones, and sometimes not at all on lower floors, Shield's contributions to the fight would be clear enough, even just due to his name. Still, since he asked, he felt it was only right to offer like information. "I am a full support tank," he said matter of factly. "I have nothing as far as active offense, but once I draw focus, my thorns and venom work passively for me while I see to other things. If a player is low on energy or needed light healing or a damage boost, that's where I direct my efforts."

Shield was very direct and straight to the point. Cosi liked that about him. "Well, I'm working on a tank build as well. I use a sword and shield and generally try to block must attacks before striking back. I don't do too much damage because of that but if you are completely support then I guess my weapon skill will have to do for this fight." Cosi shuffled as they talked, feeling a uncomfortable because he felt that this man knew so much about world of SAO. He had so much experience that made Cosi feel quite, well stupid. "And when it comes to what I can add... well I don't really know. I guess I can just hold my own fairly well. But I still have a lot of learn and experience to gain. Which is why I'm doing the quest actually." Cosi paused for a second, feeling awkward and exactly like the newbie he was, then he continued, "Shall we continue to the quest site?"

@Shield

Shield nodded in response to the question. "Lead the way," he said, gesturing forward with his own hand, less heavily gauntleted, but the comfort with which he wore his vanity protection gear seemed a testament to his time in armor on the front lines. "In any case, your sword skill will help, but from the little digging I've done, it looks like my thorns will be able to one-shot the minions when they hit. Their accuracy is likely atrocious, but eventually they'll all take the damage. Our best bet to manage this quickly will be to have you focus the boss. He's got more health than my thorns can handle in a single hit, but with you whacking away at him, it should be over in no time."

He glanced over at cosi. "If you're going sword and board with your build," he said, tapping his own shield with his finger to indicate which 'board' he meant, "I recommend looking into getting thorns. It's not 100% reliable, but once you take the heavy armor Stonewall mod, it'll drop your evasion a little and make you easier for enemies to hit. That makes thorns a much more viable means to deal a little extra damage without having to invest in super expensive weapons or take more active effort." The strategist in him had already begun to come out, but since Cosi was a fellow tank, it seemed that his words might at least be of some use. Knowledge of tanking was free. His strategies for loot farming however would remain his own. "In any case, one of the keys to an effective build is finding as many ways to make the build work for you rather than you working for it. For example," he said, holding out his sleeve. A small, multicolored serpent poked her head from the cuff and tasted the air with her tongue. "Lilith here heals me and is more than capable of doing so while I act. Not to mention the passive Battle Healing skill and then the Recovery and Thorns enhancements to keep feeding me extra mana and supplement my otherwise weak damage. I've got a few other more unique enhancements to add to my defenses, but the point is, All of that is acting independently as I actively run support. It's not the only way to tank, but I've found considerable success with it."

To the untrained eye, his laundry list might come across as a boast of his accomplishments. There was no helping that if that was how the listener chose to receive it. Still, Shield hoped that his intent would be clear, and that another aspiring tank might be able to put the knowledge to good use. "We tanks can't afford to not be good at what we do, after all. A lazy or ineffective DPS won't kill a raid party, unless the fight just drags on too long. But a bad tank means lives lost."

Cosi nodded at Shield' words of wisdom and advice. It all made plenty of sense and Cosi had already started to learn some of what Shield had said. "Yeah. I found that thorns is very helpful and I also identified a shield with regen which is actually quite nice for healing scratches and minor wounds." Cosi began walking, heading outside Urbus and following the set quest marker. He kept listening to Shield as the man listed possible mods, skills, and enhancements. When the brightly colored snake slithered out of Shield's sleeve Cosi blinked and nearly stumbled in surprise. He had not seen anymore with a pet in Aincrad- probably because he had been hanging around the lower floors- especially one that could heal the player. "Sorry, I've never seen one of those," referring to the snake, lilith, "I didn't know you could get... um familiars? in this game. Is there a quest for such a thing?" Cosi was very intrigued by the serpent. If there was a creature that could heal, Cosi wondered if there were some with other special abilities. He voiced this question to Shield as the pair continued walking. The had made it out of Urbus and were entering the wilderness of floor two. Cosi nodded, a little more stoically, at Shield last statement. Cosi couldn't just protect himself. He needed to be able to protect others

@Shield

Shield acknowledged Cosi's observations, giving a slight incline of his head. "Regen is handy, especially at tier one where you may not get much if any of a benefit from Battle Healing. The latter will eventually be far more effective, and since the two do not stack, that shield may no longer be useful." The other player's words rolled back and forth in his mind.

He said he identified it. So he's a merchant like me. Hell, even my first shield had Regen on it. If I didn't know better, I'd say I just met a less experienced version of myself.

Lilith gave a slightly judgmental look at Cosi before slipping back into Shield's sleeve. "Don't mind her. She's a pain. But yes, she is a familiar. Look for the 'Feeding the Enemy' quest. It's honestly vital if you hope to optimize your build. Most familiars mimic enhancement effects, essentially acting as an extra piece of gear for basic enhancements. Lilith is one of the few exceptions. Without the need for a weapon in my build, I can focus fully on defense so those with weapon skills can focus on their job safely."

They were quite a ways out of town now. From the vague mentionings of the quest he had encountered, he figured that their destination would not be far. Shield glanced over at Cosi. "If you plan to fight, I'll let you take first swing. As soon as you're done, I'll be able to pull focus onto myself, and you should be safe except for the occasional AoEs, which should be fairly negligible. Do you have any concerns or questions for now while we're still outside of combat?"

Cosi nodded along as Shield spoke taking in every word and making a mental note of the 'Feeding the Enemy' quest. Cosi would have to do that one soon. He kept listening intently to the more experienced player, only commenting occasionally. "Yeah, I'm sure this shield will become obsolete some day and will need to be replaced. But till then it does a great job." Cosi grinned. Then he heard another comment that surprised him even more than the snake. "Wait, you don't use a weapon?" Cosi would wait for Shield's response the continue. "Alright sonds good." Cosi slung off his shield, Rose Gold, and pulled out his sword. Then he did something unexpected to even himself. He reached up as if to pull down the visor of a helmet but he didn't have one so it turned into an awkward head scratch. I really should get a helmet for my noggin. He grinned sheepishly then continued towards the crossroads of where Gatsly the merchant said the warg and its pack would be. Cosi then suddenly stopped and turned to Shield, "Oh yeah, Before I forgot the merchant gave me an antidote for this quest. i knew I was going to be doing it with two people so I asked for two." Cosi would hand one of the antidotes to shield while drinking the other

Antidote consumed- duration of a single Poison, Bleed, or Paralysis effect reduced by one turn

@Shield

Post action: Swapping Gear

-Spirit Plate [+54 Mitigation, +3 Recovery]
-Stinging Nettle [+54 Thorns, +18 Envenom (Defensive)]
-Manticore Mask [+Taunt, +27 Mitigation, +18 Thorns, +15 Mitigation]

Shield held out his hand to refuse the potion. "Thank you for the offer, but it's not necessary. If you don't end up using it here, then hold onto it for a later day. I'm in no danger." He could have expanded on that point so that Cosi wouldn't think he was just being polite, but he figured he had talked more than enough about his own stats. The point would be made soon enough. He took a moment and thumbed through his menus. A set of sleek silver plate mail materialized around him in a brief flash of light, followed by another layer that joined all of the joints of the first set, extending jagged points outward to serve as his spiny defense.

He then unslung his shield and secured it on his forearm. "I guess now we just keep our eyes out for the wolf pack. This will be an odd transition. The last wolf pack I engaged was a dozen or so floors higher, and each individual wolf was probably more than a match for the entire pack we're hunting. Their bleed effects were pretty grizzly as well." As he thought about it, that quest had been undergone with a fellow front line tank. For some reason, the fights against wolf packs seemed to be very defensive battles.

Edited by Shield

Cosi took the potion back and kept moving towards were the marker said the warg would be. He then turned back to see Shield equipping his armor and shield. The heavy armor was an amazing silver full plate with a outer layer of spines that looked like they were dripping venom. Cosi stared for a second- that armor was stunning and probably powerful- then went back to searching for the warg and its pack. He smelled them before he spotted them. A sharp acrid tang, like ozone, filled the air and Cosi actually started to see pock marks in the ground and on trees from acid or poison. Cosi rolled out his shoulders and swung his sword in a couple practice swings.

Cosi moved ahead looking for the pack. They weren't too hard to find. The wolves and the much larger warg were sniffing around a ruined wagon with packages and goods torn open around it. Cosi wasted no time and charged the warg. The acrid smell intensified as he got closer but Cosi didn't let that stop him. He swung his sword trying to take the warg by surprise but the large beast turned and, quite nimbly for such a large beast, jumped out of the way.

Spoiler

Combat

ID# 105381- BD: 3 + 1 - 1 = 3- miss

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi- Hp: 200/200- EN: 18/20- DMG: 4- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)

[H:0/0/0/0] Shield- ???

Venomous Warg: HP: 150/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

Wolf 1- Hp: 40/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 2- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 3- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive: ID# 105440 results: Craft: 6 Recovery Proc! [+3 EN]

Action: Howl [-9 EN] Housing Bonus [2/3 remaining]

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 18/20- DMG: 4- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1608/1610 | EN: 146/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 150/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50 - MOB: 1 - Miss

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105441 results: MOB: 6 [+1=7 - Hit! 25-169=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]

Wolf 2- HP40/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105442 results: MOB: 1 - Miss

Wolf 3- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105443 results: MOB: 10 [+1=11 - Hit! 25+2-169=1 dmg, ENV proc!] [18 dmg 4/4]

Shield hung back, watching Cosi take the charge before taking a half-skipping step and leaning into the charge himself. With a heavy hiss, he filled his lungs with air, and as soon as Cosi was no longer in the way, he unleashed all of it in a torrent of sound. "Eyes on me, flea bags!" he bellowed, flattening the fur of the wolf pack down onto their bodies with the force of his air. "The real meal is right here! Don't be concerned with a that little morsel with the sword!" He pulled a simple sword from his hip, clearly nothing special about the blade, more for show than anything. He took the flat and clashed it against the face of his shield with a jarring clatter of noise to hold the wolves' focus.

Glancing to his side, he gave a nod to Cosi. He was safe. Aside from the stray area attack that might come their way. Even as he thought this, the pack descended on him, surrounding him and biting at his limbs. He spread his arms welcoming the onslaught. Several of the sets of fangs failed to pierce his armor, but two did. One wolf gave a yelp and burst into shards of light on the spot. The other leaped back and snarled. His health gauge now bore a new marker, that of Envenom. Despite both hits, however, Shields health showed no visible sign of change. "Look alive!he called out. "You might catch some fangs on the next attack!"

Edited by Shield

"Got it!" Cosi shouts back to Shield as he advances again on the warg. Shield's bellowing taut has drawn the pack's, and even the warg's, aggro to him allowing Cosi free reign. Cosi charges at the warg hoping to get a strong hit in. However, even with its attention focused on the man in the spiked silver armor the warg still twisted to face Cosi as the blonde warrior attacked it. The monster wolf leaped aside dodging the first swing, and then it wove and ducked beneath the next two. Cosi cursed. That beast was too fast and agile for such a big wolf. Cosi couldn't hit it, at least not when he was doing so bad. Cosi felt off. Maybe it was because Shield was here. I guess having the front liner here is throwing off my mojo. Cosi watched as the wolf pack went back to attack Shield again. Cosi did notice that the warg seemed much faster and more enraged at the death of one of its pack mates. 

Spoiler

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105446- BD: 4 + 1acc - 1eva = 4- miss

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi- Hp: 200/200- EN: 17/20- DMG: 4- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)

[H:5/5/5/5] Shield- HP: 1608/1610 | EN: 146/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 2- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 3- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+80 HP] Recovery - ID# 105440 results: Craft: 5 - No Recovery [+0 EN]

Action: Sharpness > Cosi [-9 EN] - +1 Dmg for 2 rounds - Housing Bonus [1/3 remaining]

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 18/20- DMG: 4- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 138/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 150/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

AoE vs Shield - ID# 105458 results:  MOB: 4 [+1=5 - Miss]
AoE vs Cosi - ID# 105459 results: MOB: 3 [+0=3 Miss]

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 2- HP40/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105460 results: MOB: 2 [+1=3 - Miss]

Wolf 3- HP: 22/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105461 results: MOB: 9 [+1=10 - Hit! 25+2-169=1 dmg, ENV proc!] [ENV 18 dmg 4/4]

Over the yipping and commotion of the fight, Shield caught the curse floating on the wind. Glancing over, he saw the warg, its health bar still full. He called out to Cosi. "Don't let it get in your head. Accuracy is always an issue at low levels." He held out his sword, focusing on the tip until a bead of pale red light began to materialize. Particles gathered towards it, its size growing until Shield deemed his creation finished. "Catch! Once you hit, this will make your damage stick more." He flicked his arm at the elbow, launching the red orb of light towards Cosi.

At his heels, he heard jaws snapping shut, but from their first attacks, it seemed that some of the wolves had begun to learn to be more cautious of his defenses. The greatest of the foes whipped around in a circle, lunging and snapping at both of the players, but failing to connect. Then, Shield finally felt the familiar sensation of teeth sinking into his virtual leg. Turning around to see who the lucky biter was, Shield sighed. "The same one that survived biting me last time is still at it." Even so, the venom it had taken on its first strike was beginning to take its toll, and its health was quickly dropping well below full, nearly to half in a matter of moments.

Edited by Shield

Cosi felt the red orb hit him in the back. It splashed over him like a warm wave and then Cosi felt strength flood through his limbs and his entire body. Cosi turned his head to Shield, "Appreciate it!" Cosi then focused his attention back to the warg. The pack was still circling Shield wary of his stinging armor but the warg seemed to be dividing its attention between both players. Cosi charged back towards it not hoping to hit it but knowing that he would. No time like the present to whack this monster. But apparently there was no time like the present because the warg lunged forward. Not in an attack but to simply make Cosi flinch and miss. Which was exactly happened. Cosi quickly shifted his stance and brought up Rose Gold to block the attack that would never come. Cosi was beginning to hate how smart these  wolfs were. Damn pack hunters.

Spoiler

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105463- BD: 2 + 1 - 1 = 2- miss

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi- Hp: 200/200- EN: 16/20- DMG: 4- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)

[H:5/5/5/5] Shield- HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 138/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 2- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 3- HP: 22/40 DMG: 25

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+80 HP] Recovery - ID# 105440 results: Craft: 4 - No Recovery [+0 EN] Cooldowns - Parry [1/1] Vengeful Riposte [3/3]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-4 EN]

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 16/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 138/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 64/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50 - ID# 105466 results: MOB: 8 [+1=9 - Hit! - 35/2-169=1 dmg, Riposte - 35/2=17 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]

Wolf 2- HP40/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105467 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]
Wolf 3- HP: 4/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105468 results: MOB: 9 [+1=10 - Hit! 25+2-169=1 dmg, ENV proc!] [ENV 18 dmg 4/4]

With his quest partner buffed, it was time for Shield to crank up the offense of his defense. He leaned back on his back foot, bending his knees slightly with his sword arm out and his eyes focused on the warg that led the pack. Its jowls pulled back in a fanged snarl, and meeting Shield's challenge it leaped forward. Pivoting on his back foot, Shield sidestepped the attack, holding out his blade and letting the canine's leap do the work for him. His point tore through the beast's side, leaving a long gash, along side the burns and scrapes from his shield and armor's defenses. The warg landed and limped, its hind quarters collapsing before it hoisted itself up onto its paws once again.

The members of the pack skittered around on their clacking claws, uncertain of how to handle their leader's moment of weakness. The one whose health was quickly being drained by Shield's venom decided to make the best of the little time it had left and leaped up, gripping Shield's throat in its jaws. The tank held firm, keeping his feet as the wolf shook its head, trying to tear out the flesh in its teeth. Shield moved his Manticore Mask between himself and the wolf's body and pushed, scraping the creature off of him and sending it sprawling on the hard ground.

Edited by Shield

With Shield's buff still coursing through his body, Cosi tried to press the offense. He advanced on the warg, taking advantage of its split focus, and tried to actually hit the poisonous wolf this time. Cosi moved in a step closer, his shield up raised in case the warg decided to attack him, and threw a overhand cut at the warg. The wolf jumped away from the strike but Cosi wasn't kletting it get away from him. He advanced and struck again throwing a mittelhau at the beast aiming at its side. The warg scrambled to the side avoiding the attack but Cosi quickly cut off its route of escape and thrust with his sword. The damn agile wolf avoided Cosi's final attack and quickly fled out of the blonde warrior's range. Cosi cursed and turned to follow. He didn't want to be useless in this fight. Not while he had requested the help of a front liner for defense and backup. 

Spoiler

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105475- BD: 1- miss

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 15/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 138/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 64/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50 

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 2- HP: 40/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 3- HP: 4/40 DMG: 25

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+80 HP] Recovery - Craft: 9 - No Recovery [+3 EN] Cooldowns - Parry [0/1] Vengeful Riposte [2/3] Sharpness [1/1]

Action: Sharpness > Cosi [-10 EN] - +1 Dmg for 2 rounds

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 15/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 132/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 64/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50 - ID# 105466 results: MOB: 3 [+1=4 - Miss]

Wolf 2- HP0/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105478 results: MOB: 6 [+1=7 - Hit! 25-169=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]
Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25 - ID# 105468 results: MOB: 9 [+1=10 - Hit! 25+2-169=1 dmg, ENV proc!] [ENV 18 dmg 3/4]

Shield could see the sharpness icon begin to flicker on Cosi's health gauge. He gathered up another orb at the tip of his sword, tossing it towards his teammate. As he did so, he felt two sets of teeth latch onto him. Before they properly released, he could feel them simply cease to be there. The shards of light dancing through the air confirmed for him that they had been destroyed. Only the warg remained. "That's rotten luck," he growled. "It sounds like killing his pack members gives that warg special abilities. I was hoping he'd succumb to my thorns before this point."

He glanced over at Cosi again and prepared himself to follow the player's charge. "After you make your next swing, I'm going to try to block for you. He might still get off his AoE, but if nothing else, he'll have to attack me first which means a chance to die before he even gets to you." It was not a perfect plan, but then again, Cosi was likely not so squishy as the other players he tended to carry.

Edited by Shield

As Cosi felt the strength ebb from his limbs he suddenly felt another one of Shield's red orbs hit him in the back and then strength and vigor cascaded into his limbs. Cosi was not done with this fight. All the wolves might be dead but the warg was still kicking. Cosi nodded at Shield's statement, waited a half second then charged the warg, knowing this time he would not miss. 

Turns out Cosi's intuition was completely wrong: he could only miss. In fact he slipped on some underbrush as he charged and while he didn't fall it did throw off his attack. He half fell half rushed the big wolf swinging his sword almost in an effort to keep himself upright. His arms windmilled- he hoped he didn't hit Shield- but he stayed up. Of course, He didn't hit the warg though. Cosi curses and prepares for its attacks.

Spoiler

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105487- BD: 4 -1+1= 4- miss

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 14/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 132/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 64/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50 

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 2- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25

Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25 

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+80 HP] Recovery - Craft: 8 - Recovery Proc! [+3 EN] Cooldowns - Parry [1/1] Vengeful Riposte [1/3] Sharpness [0/1] Justified Riposte [3/3]

Action: Parry - Justified Riposte [-5 EN]

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 199/200- EN: 15/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 131/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 46/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

Aoe vs Shield - ID# 105489 results: MOB: 3 [+1=4 - Miss]
Aoe vs Cosi - ID# 105490 results: MOB: 6 [+0=6 - Hit! 35-39=1 dmg, THN: 18 dmg]

Wolf 2- HP0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25

Shield stepped in the way, blocking Cosi's mass with his own. The warg was ready for him, leaping up with its forepaws extended. Holding out the Manticore Mask, Shield absorbed the impact, but as soon as he did, he felt a second push as the warg vaulted over his head. He swiped overhead with his blade, hoping to catch and stun the canine, but his blade met with air, leaving a few trailing hairs from the warg's tail to float and evaporate into the air.

With the big hurdle cleared, the foe bared its fangs and gaped wide, latching onto Cosi's shoulder. Shield growled under his breath, grabbing onto its tail. "You can't touch me practically this whole fight, and suddenly you're a damn homing missile!" He hauled against the grip of its fangs which were forced to release the aspiring tank. Shield threw the warg, watching it skip along the ground and roll, coming up on its many nimble feet. "You've forgotten who you're supposed to be worried about!" he challenged, holding up his shield. The Manticore Mask's leonine eyes flashed a malicious red, and the warg bristled, snarling a deep growl. "That's right... eyes on me..."

Edited by Shield