[F02- PP] A Posionous Quest <<The Venomous Warg>> w/ Shield

The massive wolf jumped up and over Shield, coming straight for Cosi. Cosi tried to bring up Rose Gold but the truth is he was surprised to see the warg clear a six foot jump. The warg's teeth sank into Cosi's left shoulder. The blonde warrior grimaced then proceeded  to smash his gauntlet into the beast's face just as Shield pulled it off. Shield held the warg aloft for a split second then tossed the beast away. Cosi watched as the monster fell to the ground then realized this was a perfect time to attack it. Cosi rushed forward hoping to take advantage of the warg before it could reorient itself. Alas he was too slow. The poisonous beast hopped to its paws and nimbly evaded Cosi's strike. Cosi brought up his shield, preparing for the warg's attack. It seemed that whenever a wolf was killed the pack leader went into a rage, and Shield had just killed two. 

Spoiler

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105495- BD: 1- miss

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 15/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 131/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 46/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 2- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+80 HP] Recovery - Craft: 7 - Recovery Proc! [+3 EN] Cooldowns - Parry [1/1] Vengeful Riposte [3/3] Sharpness [1/1] Justified Riposte [2/3]

Action: Sharpness > Cosi [-10 EN]

[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 199/200- EN: 14/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 125/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 46/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

Aoe vs Shield - ID# 105525 results: MOB: 3 [+1=4 - Miss]
Aoe vs Cosi - ID# 105526 results: MOB: 2 [+0=2 - Miss]

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 2- HP0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25

The buff Shield had laid upon Cosi was once again beginning to wear off. He growled, charging up another red sphere which he tossed towards the other player. "I totally get a beginning player having some trouble landing a hit, but I'm extremely frustrated with how poorly this thing is doing at landing a hit on me! It should be beyond dead by now!"

As if overhearing and understanding the conversation, the warg reared back and lunged forward again, snapping at Shield's ankles and missing altogether, only to whip around and do the exact same to Cosi, also missing. Shield sighed, taking the plain pommel of his sword and wrapping it on his forehead in exasperation. "This reminds me of fighting the Avalanche. For some reason, one of the last times I fought that thing, nobody could land any hits, and the fight just went nowhere." Normally, he was not one to let this get to him, but each new time it happened, it brought back all of the frustrations of the times before. "Stupid monsters with no accuracy parameter."

Edited by Shield

"I know right. I don't care if it hits me at this point." Cosi charged the warg, "Because at least then I'd be close enough to hit it without missing!" Once close enough to the beast Cosi quickly slashed out with his sword, now just hoping to hit the dumb wolf. And the game must have smiled on him, because Cosi actually hit it this time. And with Shield's buff energizing him, Cosi hit hard. But Cosi didn't stop there. Now that Cosi had hit the wolf, he didn't stop. Cosi slashed into the beast again and again. The warg jumped away and whimpered, covered in many gashes leaking red pixels. Cosi grinned, overjoyed he'd finally hit the poison beast. "Yeah you're going down doggy."     Cosi turned to Shield, his lopsided grin still plastered on his face, "Let's finish this fight Shield." Cosi strode forward, swinging his sword almost casually. He was ready to kill this beast. 

Spoiler

Combat- Snake Bite

ID# 105532- BD: 7- hit

5 * 3= 15 damage

[H:1/0/0/0] Cosi - Hp: 200/200- EN: 14/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1610/1610 | EN: 125/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 31/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 2- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25

@Shield

Edited by Cosi

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+80 HP] Recovery - Craft: 1 - No Recovery [+0 EN] Cooldowns - Parry [1/1] Vengeful Riposte [3/3] Sharpness [0/1] Justified Riposte [1/3]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-5 EN]

[H:1] Cosi - Hp: 199/200- EN: 12/20- DMG: 5- THN: 18- MIT: 39- ACC: 1- RGN: 5 (on hit, over 3 turns)
[H:5] Shield - HP: 1609/1610 | EN: 121/152 | DMG: 2 | MIT: 169 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: [9-10] 18/4 | BH: 80 | HLR: 135/4 | REC: 3 | LD: 9 | PRO: 0 | TNT

Venomous Warg: HP: 0/150 DMG: 35 EVA: 1 Critical DMG (MD 9-10): 50 -  ID# 105544 results: MOB: 8 [+1=9 - Hit! 35-169=1 dmg, Riposte: 35/2=17 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]

Wolf 1- Hp: 0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 2- HP0/40 DMG: 25
Wolf 3- HP: 0/40 DMG: 25

It was refreshing to see some of the tension on the battlefield alleviated. He was prepared for another long, unproductive slog to wear down the last of the beasts's hit points without any real accuracy to speak of to aid in the fight, but just as he was preparing for that eventuality, Cosi landed a hit. It wasn't enough to kill the warg, but it was enough to change the flow of battle. The four legged fiend turned and lunged for Shield, not eager for another bite from Cosi's steel. It was off its game though. The movements were slower and unbalanced, still wrong-footed from the hit it had taken. Holding out his arm, Shield took the bite on his wrist, watching as the thorns at the joint jutted up through the roof of the wolf's mouth. It seized up, and and with a gurgling snarl, it vanished in a burst of light blue light fragments that slowly melted into the air.

Above the ground just where the warg had stood last, a banner appeared in a summoned window, displaying the familiar 'Congratulations!!' that accompanied a completed quest. Shield sighed and turned to Cosi, extending an armor clad fist. "About damn time," he rumbled, giving a slight incline to his head. "Good work keeping up."

Edited by Shield

As Shield dispatches the warg, Cosi breathes out in a sigh of relief. The fight was over. Man, that warg was tenacious. Cosi then turned to Shield a massive grin on his face, "We did it! Not that we wouldn't have but this fight could've have gone a lot longer." Cosi walks over to Shield and extends a hand in thanks, "Thank you for helping me with this quest and thank you for the advice and tips as well. I hope we'll be able to do other quests together at some point down the road. Maybe something without as much fighting." Cosi chuckles and waits for Shield to shake his hand. Then Cosi notices something in his inventory. He looks in it and brings out a vial of green, almost acidic looking, liquid. "Oh! right! I'm supposed to show this to the NPC merchant to get rewards or whatever." Cosi firmly shakes Shield's hand, then runs off. "It was nice meeting you! Thank you for everything and I hope to see you again!" And with that Cosi leaves, a smile still on his face, full of optimism and ready for the next quest.

Quest Summary-

Rewards- 

Each player receives:
+1 Additional SP
+500 Col
+(4) T1 Crafting Materials

1 sp and 400 Col from one whole completed page of roleplay

Cosi:

+2 Additional SP 

+700 Col

+(4) T1 Crafting Materials

+Venom Vial

+Antidote

Shield: (ineligible for Sp rewards

+700 Col

+(4) T1 Materials

With the beast dispatched and the quest ended, the players were left to their spoils. Shield accepted the handshake, but as Cosi went to mete out the quest loot, Shield held up his hand to request that he pause. "There's no need to split evenly," he said, navigating his menus to return the Col and crafting materials that he had gained. "When I first started out, another player did this for me and my companion, Beat. I've more or less amassed the resources to sustain my own business and equipment without the need for extra Col, and my mercantile endeavors provide me with easy access to most materials on the market. You need this more than me. If nothing else, you can put it all towards a trinket with accuracy on it. It will serve you well when soloing, if you're taking the brawler approach to tanking."

Shield completed the transfer and gave Cosi a nod. "All I ask in return is that if one day you carry another player like I did for you that you do the same for them. Pay it forward, so to speak." With a mild smile, Shield stepped into the teleportation matrix and called out for Taft.

The walk home was no more or less treacherous than any other time he had walked it, but he felt a little more alert than usual. He tried to parse out the reason. "I've carried plenty of players. It wasn't that. And it can't have been the difficulty of the fight. I've had far worse grind fests. I'm sure Cosi has plenty ahead as well." As he spoke the name, he realized the reason. "A sword and board tank that is also a merchant. I've got new competition springing up right under my nose." As he entered his courtyard, he made a sharp turn into his garden. As soon as he stepped inside, the area was overrun by little blue droplet shaped creatures. He had triggered his slime farm. "Looks like I need to keep training." With that, he let out a furious howl and braced himself for the little creatures to overrun him.

Modified rewards:

Shield:

Sent Cosi 700 Col and 4 T1 materials

+2 SP - Mega Slime Farm