[PP|F04] It's cold <<Avalanche>> (Hestia)

"I hate this stupid floor. It's always way to frickin cold." He says, pulling out his map. The boy made his way all the way up to the fourth floor when he heard about a boss that wasn't too difficult. He wanted to kill this monster, not for the fun, or the experience. He wanted to kill it because he didn't want people to stumble into the boss unprepared. "Why did I come here? I've always hated this floor. It's frickin dumb." Dustin spots a player in the snow. Well, what he assumes is a player. "Hey! You alone out here?" He shouts and asks. The player was really just a silhouette, but he had assumed the figure was a player. The boy draws his sword and runs through the snow, towards the player. "I'm moving towards you. Don't attack." He shouts moving closer to the figure. He closes in and recognizes the figure as a player. The player was what Dustin assumed to be a girl. "Hello, my name's Dustin." He sheathes his sword and smiles.

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 16/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 Keen | 0 ACC

@Hestia

A small sigh of happiness escapes my lips as i just close my eyes and enjoys the slightly cool air of the floor as it hits my skin along with more then just a singular handful of snow hitting my body as i just enjoy the weather that is being provided to me. I love this floor. I say softly with a bright smile enjoying the wonderful winter wonderland that this floor represents as i just stand up and just take in the simple beauty of the floor to enjoy some peace and quiet away from the floor bosses and more personal matters that have been causing stress. Alongside myself being my trust familiar a lion with a set of wings that are large enough to match its size to grant it the ability to fly.  'I wonder what i should do after i just enjoy this nice walk? Maybe i should head back to my shop and work on a song or two for when i decide to make my grand entrance into Aincrad with my concert...hmmm maybe hold off on the concert thing till i can figure out more details. Maybe find a few other players willing to help out with stage management to make it the perfect show. The Greatest Show' I think to myself only to hear the sound of a voice ringing throughout the clearing as i turn my head towards the direction of a male player making his way towards myself.

With a small wave and a smile for myself and my familiar looking ready to protect myself at a moments notice until i gently pat his head as he lets out a low growl of anger before laying by my feet as small layers of snow cover my familiar slowly. So your name is Dustin then? Well my name is Hestia the highest leveled player within the guild Holy Dragons Alliance. I say towards the player not really expecting someone to recognize me for either my guild status , or even my status of being a frontline player from having aided the frontliners through the last boss fight. I look towards the player in front of me and nods my head not knowing what level this person is at all though she can guess maybe not too high leveled considering he looks ready to fight. While myself is just wearing a casual grey t-shirt, long black pants, and a nice jacket to cover my arms but certainly nothing that would work during any colder type of climates. So what are you doing out here looking like you're ready to kill something? I ask the male in front of me as i look at them with my blue colored eyes as i move my hand to move a bit of the black colored hair of mine out of my face as the wind whips ever so slightly with a strong gust of snow. Standing at a height of 5ft8.

Dustin, having never seen or even heard of the player before him, sighs. "I'm looking for the field boss out here." He says, pulling out his map. "You wouldn't happen to know where this is, would you?" He points to his map, a short distance from his current location appears to be a waypoint. He looks at her and smiles, "Wanna help me take it down? I came to this dumb floor in all this gear, ready for any kind of fight because I don't know if I could handle a mob just attacking me. You on the other hand, don't appear to be ready for the cold weather." He chuckles. "You must've come here for a sort of vacation. I have no idea why a player who appears to be strong, or a penguin, would be on this floor." The players brown hair,covered by his cloak, fell in front of his eyes. "I have no idea where I am, even just pointing helps." He says, pulling his hood down to reveal his face.

@Hestia

I look towards the man known as Dustin in front of me quickly piecing everything together in terms of what i should expect from him in terms of damage and level as i just nod my head in understanding. Well if you're looking for Avalanche i can lead you towards him and i will have him attack me so you can just go and attack him without really worrying at all about attacks your way. Would make for at least a more entertaining time at least in some points then just standing around and taking in the beautiful weather while Kuro my lion here enjoys his home floor. I say gesturing towards the Lion with wings at my side as he quickly shakes off the snow on his body before standing up on all fours. Also i am ready for this weather every single day since i live on this floor and it helps that i have a skill that lets me deal with such harsh weather like it is on this floor and walk away like it is just a nice breeze in autumn. SO yeah i was out just enjoying a walk really to just take some moments to think about life. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i then gesture for the young man to follow me as i quickly start making my way towards the direction of Avalanche having memorized the path at this point. While walking through the snow while the snow continues to fall like it always does every second without any real increase in the snow seemingly i look back towards the other player. So then Dustin what have you been up to while you've been in this game? I ask out of simple curiosity.

The boy, a bit confused by her willingness to help, raises an eyebrow. "I've mostly hanged around the first floors. I don't have a house. I just like my own little spot down there." He draws his sword. "This here is my baby." He says, hugging his sword and spinning around. The boy had loved his sword for a while. He sheathes his sword and smiles. "Other than trying to help people, I've mostly been sleeping." His smile disappears. His mind began to trail as he walked through the snow. He had no idea he was so close to the site until he bumped into the girl who had led him to the site of the monster's home. "Don't worry about me, I'll take care of the damage." He smiles, using his thumb to point at himself. He hadn't fought any big bosses recently, other than the sand shark. The player's cloak had started to annoy him, so he took it off. "This isn't anything too difficult. I'll just cut it a lot. Fury's Hand will do the rest." He says, kissing his sword.

@Hestia

I nod my head at that in understanding since the idea of a player having a actual house is rather uncommon for those not having the funds to do so when they are focusing on other objectives, or for those like myself that find trying to get the right decor a absolute nightmare when building one. I glance towards the player known as Dustin and raises my eyebrow ever so slightly at seeing him hug his sword as i just blink ever so slightly and just slowly nod my head as i process what i am seeing. I once more nod my head at nothing for the most part deciding to just glance over this boy's weird relationship with his weapon in favor of focusing on the other matters entirely that isn't that one thing. Well i can understand the whole helping players thing Dustin since i did that myself quite a lot and i still like to be able to do so from time to time when i actually run into players which seems rather irregularly for myself except for those i've known. I say with a small shrug of my shoulders as i put my hands within my pockets as i continue to move forward. I guess that might be from staying within my shop on this floor a lot more then what is probably healthy when trying to write some music. I say out loud in thought and a bit towards the other players.

Well even if you can do damage stay careful anyhow cause while you can do damage against mobs they can deal a nasty amount of damage back to you if you're unprepared. I say as a friendly word of caution as i then continue forward towards Avalanche's spawnpoint.

Dustin smiles, feeling the wind suddenly get colder. "I'm hoping that means he's here." He lowers his body and pulls his sword up and rests it on his other fore arm. When he sees a huge ice monster close in on their position he grins, this was his chance to prove to all the players still in SAO he wasn't a weakling. "Come on big guy. I won't bite. It'll only feel like I did." He says, as his sword begins to glow blue. The boy jumped into the air, to about the ice giant's chest and slashes at an angle, making a V in the air and dropping back down. "Let's see how much damage that did." He mutters as he looks up and sees the health bar hadn't dropped at all. "Well that's unfortunate." He says, jumping backwards as the boss slams his fist down into the snow. "Hey bro, chill." he snickers, looking over at Hestia to see if she had any reaction to his joke.

Spoiler

ID: 105384

BD: 3

Dustin's attack misses

MD: 5 - 1 = 4

Avalanche's attack misses

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 100 HP | 40 DMG (0 Hate to Dustin | 0 Hate to Hestia)

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I look towards the giant being made of ice and just smiles to myself as i casually walk over towards it as the wind continues to move throughout the area causing my hair to whip within the wind as i look towards the creature known as Avalanche. Hey ugly! Come here and fight the third best tank in Aincrad! I yell towards the creature as i slam my fist against my own open palm as i activate focused howl making the sound reverberate throughout the clearing causing Avalanche to focus solely on me and nothing else while i wear no armor, and hold no weapon in hand as i just stare directly at the ice elemental and just do a 'come here' gesture towards it to taunt it with a smirk across my face. Now is your chance Dustin if you want to attack it! I yell over towards the going to be DPS player i can tell considering his love of the sword and how he went into attacking right away.

Action: focused Howl

[H:0] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 100 HP | 40 DMG (0 Hate to Dustin | 0 Hate to Hestia)

[H:5]Hestia: 1545/1545  142/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn

Dustin jumps up and slashes the Monster's chest at three separate angles and smiles. "Thanks for the help, it's very appreciated." He laughs, giving the girl an thumbs up. His eyes open and he sees her get hit. A huge cloud of snow flies up and obscures Dustin's vision and he can't see anything. "Well that's no bueno." He says, running in to the smoke and seeing Hestia standing there like nothing happened. "Woah..." He says, kind of confused why she didn't move. The boy had no idea, until it snapped in his head. "Oh, you must have like crazy high stats." He says. The player's brown hair, now filled with snow, blew in the wind. Dustin smacks his forehead at how dumb and cliche he sounded. The boy's face morphed into a smile as he saw the monster stand back up and prepare for another attack. "Good, I can still have fun." He grins and walks towards the boss with the confidence of a front lines player.

Spoiler

ID: 105390

BD: 6

Dustin uses Snake Bite on Avalanche

5 x 3 = 15 DMG

100 - 15 = 85 HP

MD: 6 + 1 = 7

Avalanche attacks Hestia

40 - 151 = 1 DMG

Hestia: 1544/1545  142/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 12/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 100 HP | 40 DMG (1 Hate to Dustin | 5 Hate to Hestia)

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I look towards the ice elemental makes its way over towards me as i just smile to myself knowing that this won't really do much at all in terms of even hurting me as i watch as the fist reels back and gets thrown directly towards me as i remain still for the moment. When the moment of impact comes i raise my hands and feels the impact hit my body as my familiar presses against me to keep me perfectly still which works in my favor as i see the tiny bit of damage that is inflicted gets healed up instantly as i remain back where i started. I straighten my posture and remains in a relaxed posture once more as the snow that got shot upwards settles on the ground after the impact. I turn to Dustin with a small smile and nods my head towards the male when he takes a guess to the reason why i was ultimately unfazed by the attack at all. Well a combination of stats and the right skills to keep me from being hurt at all with most of those stats just coming from my familiar alone which he has made sure i stayed alive everyday within this world. I say towards the DPS player who goes off to fight Avalanche once more as i make sure to tap his back gently just barely noticeable as he does so activating energize to recover his energy pool so he can just continue to attack without any halt in the process.

Action: Energize

[H:5] Hestia: 1544/1545  133/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn  EVA: -1

[H:1] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 16/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 85/100 HP | 40 DMG

Dustin runs in after being fully energized and slides under the monster's fist. Not having enough time to recuperate, Dustin dives back and lands next to Hestia. "Thanks for the help by the way." He says, charging up his blue blade and jumping up to perform a sword art on the boss. He over estimates the strength of his legs as he falls to the ground and hits the snow. "Sorry, your help went on to be wasted." He says, standing up and brushing himself off. Luckily, the boy had landed in a pile of snow so he didn't take any damage. "Hey, just so you know, if I die, I want you to take my sword to my shop and destroy the whole place, also destroy my sword." He says, giving a smirk. "But I don't plan on dying, I have a promise to keep for a dead player." His mouth releases these words and tears roll over his smiling face. His brother had gotten into his mind again.

Spoiler

ID: 105391

BD: 4

Dustin's attack misses

MD: 2

Hestia: 1545/1545  133/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 12/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 100 HP | 40 DMG (1 Hate to Dustin | 5 Hate to Hestia)

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I look towards the player and just gives a small smile and a small pat on the back as i open up my inventory and equips a simple curved sword that has a grecian like design to it as i hold it within my hands as i look towards Dustin and give a confident nod of my head. Well for one this isn't wasted since it helps you continue forward living through this game i never consider my time helping players a wasted time or effort. Secondly, you can't die while i am around since the monster will never target you and it can never kill me. Lastly, if you miss consider my use of this blade a way to at least get some damage in always to help you out unless you would prefer taking this on in terms of dealing damage by yourself? I ask the man beside me as my right hand holds onto my blade as i look towards Avalanceh and sidesteps an attack aimed at my form with a casualness to it all as i explain everything towards my temporary ally for the moment as i can only hope that temporary turns into a more permanent once he can make it towards the frontlines if that is his goal.

[H:1] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 85/100 HP | 40 DMG

Dustin looks down at the sword and up to the woman holding it. The boy looks down at his sword and smiles. "Thanks for the offer, but, I plan on making it to be the strongest player to help people. If I can't do that without my own sword, am I really the strongest player?" He asks, charging his sword art and turns towards the monster. "I know everybody needs help some times, and the only way to get stronger is through the help of others, but you're not strong if you can't stand on your own." He says. The boy was taught that when he was younger. "Listen, we have to be strong on our own before we can hold others." He says, running towards the monster and swings his sword at the monster. He misses again, and falls down a few feet from the monsters legs. "A sword is an extension of our spirit, it's why I introduce my sword. I can't just take your sword and use it as my own." He says, standing back to his feet, dodging the boss's attack.

Spoiler

ID: 105392

BD: 5

Dustin's attack misses

MD: 3

Hestia: 1545/1545  133/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn EVA: -1

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 9/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 85 HP | 40 DMG (1 Hate to Dustin | 5 Hate to Hestia)

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I look towards the creature known as Avalanche as it once more lumbers right towards me as it raises its frosty fist and swings down with a strong thrust of power as i raise my blade as i sidestep the attack allowing it to scrape against he ice. I chuckle ever so slightly watching as 10% of its health just disappears upon contact with my blade as it shreds through the ice by using it as a self-defense mechanism of just making sure the attack doesn't hit me. I then look towards the man known as Dustin and gives a sympathetic smile and nods my head. I can understand your mentality Dustin and i know that a blade is a extension of the spirit so i wasn't offering my blade to give to you, but i will use it to help you through this fight.  I've made it to the point where i can defend anyone from any quest that is out on these floors without suffering a scratch basically. I've reached my goal within this game so i am now working on just fulfilling what i needed to do to help players get stronger by being their pillar! I shout the last part as i push the attack of Avalanche away giving me some breathing room as i back away still wearing nothing but casual clothing and holding onto my blade.If i can protect others and aid them by helping them through fights why wouldn't i? I just went to preserve as many smiles as i am able to do so to try and protect players from the threats that lie within the shadows.  So i ask you Dustin will you allow me to help you through this fight by being another blade to try and protect you besides being a human wall of unkillable? I ask the player respectfully knowing that this could be a matter of honor towards the player when it comes to this sort of thing.

Action: Basic attack

#105393  BD:9  11 DMG

[H:1] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 13/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 74/100 HP | 40 DMG

Dustin tilts his head and smiles. "Oh, yeah, have at it. I have no issue with you fighting him." He says, charging his sword yet again. It had been a while since he had control in the heat of the battle. He puts his hand to his chest and smiles. "I was just gonna suggest you let me also take some damage. I'll be fine, have fun." He smiles running forward toward the ice beast and laughs, jumping through the air. His blade releasing the blue energy as he slashes the Monsters leg at an angle, then twice more at two different angles. The players hair shakes itself clean from snow as the wind blows through it. "You're pretty cool." He says, with a smile on his face. "I hope you have fun." He says, stretching his arm. He turns to look at the girl, seeing the monster's hand flying down at her and he runs towards her. The hand falls on her and he crosses his arms, looking at the monster. "Oh, you're screwed." He says to Avalanche, pointing to the hand the monster had attempted to crush the girl with.

Spoiler

ID: 105394

BD: 8

Dustin uses Snake Bite on Avalanche

5 x 3 = 15 DMG

74 - 15 = 59 HP

MD: 9 + 1 = 10

Avalanche attacks Hestia

40 - 151 = 1 DMG

1545 - 1 = 1544 HP

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 8/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 59/100 HP | 40 DMG (1 Hate to Dustin | 5 Hate to Hestia)

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I hold onto my blade with one hand as i look towards the moving ice elemental as it receives some scrapes along its icy exterior as i nod my head with a smile as i watch the player deal some rather decent damage all things considered. Though if he did take this on his own like he seemingly planned to do so i could only fear for his safety if he tried other quests of this level or higher by himself. Well i can't allow you to take any damage since that would be against what i am in terms of combat when i am helping others. I am a tank and support type player so i can protect and make sure that my allies can continue fighting always. I say towards the other player with a nod of my head as i see another icy fist head right towards me as i raise my sword in defense not having much time to attack as i take the hit and once more heals up from it in a few seconds.

#105397 BD:3

[H:6] Hestia: 1545/1545  132/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn EVA: -1

[H:2] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 8/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 59/100 HP | 40 DMG

Dustin sees an opening, as the monster is too focused on the girl to even notice Dustin. It’s body is lower to the ground, having tried to pummel the girl, it’s chest is an open target. “I told you, you’re dead.” The boys sword glows blue and he slashed the monsters chest at one angle, turning and slashing it at a complimentary angle. “Nobody messes with the players of Aincrad and gets away with it.” He says, giving the girl a thumbs up. The kid was in his element. Except for the cold. “Why is it co cold on this floor. You live here?” He asks the girl with the curved sword. He turns and sees the monster stand up and draw it’s fist back so he stands and watches it attack the girl. He sits down in the snow and says, “I probably shouldn’t get in your way.” A smile crosses his face. He monster had missed the attack and Could barely even see Dustin. It was so focused on Hestia that it forgot Dustin was even there. “Hey, Ben & Jerry’s! I’m taking your head next time!” He shouts to the ice boss.

Spoiler

ID: 105398

BD: 6

Dustin uses Vergical Arc on Avalanche

5 x 4 = 20 DMG

59 - 20 = 39

MD: 4

avalanche’s attack misses

Dustin: 160/160 HP | 5/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 39/100 HP | 40 DMG (1 Hate to Dustin | 5 Hate to Hestia)

@Hestia

Edited by Dustin

I chuckle a bit as i listen towards Dustin talk to this creature and taunting it every round as he slashes into the being made of ice reminding me of a rather similar player as i just nod my head rather happy that people haven't forgotten how to have fun in there own ways to make the best of this very bad situation that everyone is in because of one man wanting to make a game in the nature that he has. When hearing the most likely rhetorical question i just nod my head to the question anyhow figuring that it will be funny to myself answering a rhetorical question or just informative otherwise. Well it's cold because AIncrad programmed it this way, and yeah i live on this floor rather nice little shop within a cave lined with crystals as far as the eye could see. My little music shop where i can help people out by giving them buffs to things via the songs that i can create. I say towards the player as i then watch Avalanche move towards me once more to strike. I see the fist made of ice come towards me as i side step the attack once more as i hold my blade and quickly and efficiently slices through the armor of Avalanche causing it to burst into crystals as it becomes separated and hits the ground. Don't let me get in your way really since i am just having fun hitting this guy with my attacks go all out Dustin! I call over towards my fellow sword user.

#105402  BD:10  12 DMG

[H:8] Hestia: 1545/1545  131/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn EVA: -1

[H:3] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 8/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Avalanche: 27/100 HP | 40 DMG

Dustin's sword glows and he jumps up at the monster but Doesn't make it high enough to hit it. "I'm running on fumes." He says to himself and notices Hestia in the distance. I can't distract her. All I can do is wait. He holds his side and tries to catch his breath. The player watches as the monster starts to prepare to attack. He tries to force himself up on to his feet. "I can't help her." He mutters. His eyes widen and then relax, as he sees she is yet again barely damaged. "I don't know why I keep getting so worried." He says standing back up to his feet. "You're frickin awesome." He shouts to her as he readies his blade standing next to the kind lady. "Go, have your fun." He says, stepping back and dropping his sword arm. "I'll be nice and let you have the satisfaction of finishing him off. Unless you mess up, then I'm taking it." He smiles, giving her a thumbs up.

Spoiler

ID: 105415

BD: 5

Dustin's attack failed

MD: 9 + 1 = 10

40 - 151 = 1 DMG

[H:8] Hestia: 1544/1545  131/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn EVA: -1

[H:3] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 5/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen

Edited by Dustin

I calmly watch as Avalanche is able to fend off Dustin's attack as a fist is sent my way as i block it with my blade as the attack causes me to stumble back a few steps not allowing me a chance to try and retaliate back against the ice elemental. My familiar moving towards my side to nuzzle my leg gently and affectionately as i smile softly and pet his head gently since this fight isn't anything serious for myself thus i can afford to have moment of playing with my familiar. Not paying the praise from Dustin that much mind besides listening and acknowledging that it is indeed something that is being said, but not willing to allow myself to indulge upon the words since i know that i am not that awesome at least within my own eyes. That there are plenty of things more worthy of having such a title while i am just a normal human like anyone else stuck within this game.

#105417  BD:4

[H:8] Hestia: 1544/1545  130/150  MIT:81 BH:77 healing every turn EVA: -1

[H:3] Dustin: 160/160 HP | 5/16 EN | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 EVA | 0 ACC | 0 Keen