[F14-PP] Moving up in power <<Lich's Calling>>

He watches his energy bar fill to completion as his rival once more says he doesn't know the reason which is a rather obvious lie if he had ever heard one which he has heard and told plenty of them within the past. Though the fact that his partner is pacing after saying he doesn't know does give the indication it must've been something at least on a grand scale or something that still affects him at least mentally to some degree even currently. 'The cause didn't change though he has gained a different motivation to wield a spear to prove or do something that wasn't one the course he currently is at.' He speculates to himself within his mind as he looks towards his rather and than smirks as his eyes glint with a slight amusement before nodding my head. Well than when you're willing to tell me i will be awaiting to listen the actual reason Pinball though for now i guess their are quite a few monsters you are rather eager to get to venting against in terms of combat. He says in a calm tone of voice towards the spear wielder and gestures for his familiar to lead the way through the darkened halls while lighting ablaze any torches along the wall to keep the halls alit with light encase they needed to make a hasty retreat.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throughout his pacing, Pinball kept murmuring to himself. He stopped when Mars spoke, both him and Zomekko staring at their rival and his familiar as he stood. "Yeah," Pinball said, letting out a small sigh of relief, "yeah, thanks. Let's get back into it.'' Pinball hefted his staff, twirling it around his body in a surprising display of finesse - the awkward, lanky boy looked like he'd be the last person to be able to handle a weapon. "Wait," he said, his head trailing along the arena wall, stopping on a small, caved-in section. "What's that..?" Pinball tossed his staff on the ground (he could do that now, much to his obvious delight), and jogged over. 
The stone was falling apart, revealing a small pocket where a chest sat nestled in-between sturdy and crumbling rocks alike. He pulled it out, dragging the box along the arena's sand. "Here," he called out to Mars, "come open this up. I'm gonna go see if they have a pond or something around the castle."

Searching for Treasure Chest: ID# 106100 LD: 14+1= 15 (Success!) 

Edited by Pinball

He goes towards the chest that Pinball manages to find and kneels down close to it ripping the lid right off with his bare strength as he checks over the reward and nods his head with a small grin on his face at that fact as he takes half the COL, 3 out of 5 mats. Leaving the rest of Pinball to does as he wish with them as he stands up after that with a nod of his head with a grin on his face. That was rather easy. He says to himself with a rather proud and happy grin from ear to ear at the rewards as the rest gets sent to Pinball as he makes his way deeper into the castle afterwards to find some monsters to fight while Pinball deals with his fishing to battle his own monsters. Figuring that his rival can handle things by himself since he should be strong enough to kill the boss monsters he has by himself.

#106108 LD:15

1400 COL, 5 T2 mats, 1 rare T2 unidentified weapon, 2 rare unidentified consumables.

The castle, despite being largely abandoned, was still quite large. Every so often Pinball would come across a cluster of roaming monsters he'd have to avoid; he didn't want to get into any scraps without Mars to back him up, though he could probably manage to take all of them on, especially on such a low floor... 
Still, he made his way around the castle without much of a hassle. The arena was connected to the place, and in the courtyard Pinball found exactly what he was looking for: a small pond, decorated with what looks like broken and rotting lilypads. Small frogs frantically hopped away as Pinball drew near. He slung his spear over his back, using a strip of leather he had tied to the weapon, and pulled out his fishing rod. 
Pinball's line hit the water with a small plop, sending small ripples that stretched outward to the pond's edges, disturbing the stagnant water. He didn't have to wait long until he felt a pull on his line. Pinball reeled in his catch, pleased to find that he had caught a fish that split into four chunks. But, then again, as he stashed the materials, Pinball examined the meat. "Is this even healthy..?

Fishing: ID# 106166 CD: 11 (Success!) ~ 4 T2 MATS 

Edited by Pinball

The black haired warrior lets out a small sigh as he walks throughout the castle with his hands within his pockets the entire time as he gazes from one structure to the next seeing that the castle is at the very least very humanlike in its design. He finds himself within the courtyard and simultaneously back where his rival is and he lets out a annoyed sigh at that fact, but accepts that it seems that to be productive this is how fate is wanting him to handle things this day. He makes his way over towards Pinball to only be greeted with the sound of two of the statures to entrance he had just exited start to move. The sound of breaking concrete being heard along with a creaking sound makes its way through the area as he glances back to see the sight of a gargoyle wielding a giant axe. I guess the greencloaks had their fair share of magical beasts protecting them. He muses to himself while staring at the creature as he gets in the first stance to just kill the creature.

He watches as the beast charges forward with axe in hand and swings the blade in a wide sweeping attack that the black haired warrior jumps over as his fists glow with the strength of a sword art. Once his right foot touches the ground he would leap forward and slams his fist into the gargoyle sending it through the doors it had once protected as the black haired fighter makes his way into the building with a grin on his face. Well looks like i get to do a fight instead of talking to Pin. I'll consider that a bonus since i don't think i'm ready for his randomness just yet. He mutters to himself.

#106168 BD:5+3=8  14+3(charge)=17x15= 255DMG  MD:2-3=1 savvy activates

Mars: [H:1] Mars: 600/600 HP | 43/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Gargoyle: 395/650  DMG: 195

Loot Pool: 

• 5,590 Col
  • 9 T2 Materials 
  • 2 T2 Uncommon Consumables
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Mars

Pinball actually, for one of the first times in his fishing career, found himself wishing for a boss monster. He hadn't fought one in a long time, and seeing how they had always seemed just out of reach in terms of being able to be fought solo, he was eager to see how he matched up with it in his current state. He was a frontliner now - one of the weaker ones, at least - and that had to mean something, right? Pinball cast his line. 
He felt a tug on his line akin to the one he had felt before, and when he reeled in his catch, the fish was cut apart in four small parts. That's four mats again, he knew, and with a sigh he placed his hands on his side. I guess I can't really complain, can I? Materials are always good... He prepared his line for another go at it. Loot mob, loot mob, loot mob.

Fishing: ID# 106169 CD: 11 (Success!) ~ 4 T2 Materials 

Loot Pool: 

• 5,590 Col
  • 13 T2 Materials 
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the gargoyle with a smirk across his face as he charges forward towards the being made of stone with a confident smirk as his fists glow with the power of a sword art once more. Watches as the axe comes down to try and cut into him as he sidesteps to turn to face the weapon and punches swiftly shattering the weapon into a million tiny bits of stones and data leaving the gargoyle without anything to fight with. Well that wasted my attack, but that doesn't mean i can't still kill you and finish you off within a few strikes stone beast. He says with a arrogant smirk on his face as he watches the creature let out a roar of anger that echoes through the halls of the castle most likely signaling more enemies to converge upon the location as he just smiles accepting the challenge that is going to occur from the beast doing so.His familiar at his side letting out a small puff of flame ready to burn anything that tries to interfere with the match between Mars an the gargoyle.

#106170 BD:1  MD:3-3=1 savvy activates

[H:1] Mars: 600/600 HP | 42/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Gargoyle: 395/650  DMG: 195

Loot Pool: 

• 5,590 Col
  • 13 T2 Materials 
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Mars

Pinball stretched, fishing pole in hand. Why was he getting so lucky all of a sudden? Could he really complain? Pinballl stared at the pond, and the sickly brown water that these fish seemingly lived in. There had to be something unpleasant lurking under those waters - maybe it wasn't terribly large, given the mediocre size of it, but still. Pinball took a breath. Well, if I'm getting lucky, he thought, give me a chest. 
He cast his line, and this time it was a bit before he felt any sort of pull. Maybe there was a limit to how many fish could live in a certain body of water before having to respawn? It would make sense if they were on some sort of spawn cycle. It would help deal with a player's potential abuse of the skill, and prevent one guy from just fishing all day. Pinball reeled in his catch, letting out a small tsk as he pulled up two more mats for the loot pool.

Fishing: ID# 106171 CD: 7 (Success!) ~ 2 T2 Materials 

Loot Pool: 

• 5,590 Col
  • 15 T2 Materials 
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the beast with the same cocky grin on his face and gestures for the beast to try and attack him once more as the creature does so charging forward and swinging a open palmed clawed like hand to him. He quickly ducks under the strike feeling a gust of wind accompanied by the strike the creature tried to send him as his feet glow with the power of the strongest sword art he has. He lunges forward and slams his foot against the gargoyle once more sending it stumbling back from the impact of the attack as its health drops like a rock once more leaving it barely alive as he walks over towards it slowly as it gets back up onto a stable footing. The black haired warrior just smiles to himself as his familiar lets out a small jet of flames against the gargoyle heating up its rocky surface but dealing enough chip damage to contribute to the damage that he himself does against the creature to put it into the danger zone of the HP pool.

#106172 BD:8+4=12  210 DMG MD:2-3=1 savvy activates

[H:2] Mars: 600/600 HP | 26/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Gargoyle: 185/650  DMG: 195

Loot Pool: 

• 5,590 Col
  • 13 T2 Materials 
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Mars

He hadn't been fishing for long, and Pinball was already getting tired of it. It was times like this his mind wandered, and he found himself thinking about random stuff that had absolutely no application to what he was doing at the time. If there's one good thing about SAO, though, he thought to himself, readying his fishing pole for another go at the pond, it's that there's no school. A part of him was sure that there had to be someone out there who had made a makeshift school for the kids trapped in the game - it would give them something to do, and make sure that they weren't completely lost if they ever made it back to society. Pinball cast his line. But he himself would never attend that. He was far too focused on - WHACK! Pinball stumbled back from the sudden impact, his fishing pole knocked from his hands. He looked down, seeing a one-handed spear that had punched a hole in his chest. He let out a weak wheeze as his health dropped, looking up meekly at his attacker. What looked to be a rotting corpse, bloated by the sickly water. It carried a spear and a shield. 

Fishing: ID# 106173  CD: 1 ~ Boss Monster fished up! 

Action Taken: Fishing - Fished up Boss 
Shambling Mariner: ID# 106173 MD: 10 (Crit+2) ~ 260 DMG

- Enemies - 

Shambling Mariner: 860/860 HP | 258 DMG | 43 MIT 

- Players - 

Pinball: 600/860 HP | 86/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the gargoyle and quickly follows up his previous strike with a swift punch shattering the creature into tiny bits of data as he only gets a monetary col reward for his efforts causing him to sigh softly in annoyance at that fact. 'I am not looking for COL i just need more mats at this point since i am on this floor. Not going to remain tier two for long so i don't have much point for being on this floor besides the fact i can craft some stuff for the future.' He thinks to himself as he than makes his way outside having heard the sound of something happening out b the courtyard where he left his friend. What he sees doesn't surprise him in the slightest from having been around the spear wielding ally long enough to see this as a normal Thursday. Seriously Pinball? I leave you for one minute and you pull up a mob that has absolutely destroyed you? He says in a questioning tone towards his rival as his gaze flicks over towards his energy supply and sighs softly knowing he will have to hope Pin can take care of himself while he regains energy.

#106174 BD:4+4=8 210 DMG

#106175  CD:3 LD:4    1950 COL

[H:2] Mars: 600/600 HP | 10/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Gargoyle: 0/650  DMG: 195

Loot Pool: 

• 7,540 Col
  • 13 T2 Materials 
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Mars

Pinball pulled himself from the spear embedded in his chest, distancing himself in a single leap backwards. He took a deep, raggedy breath, a hand on his chest. He glanced at the zombie thing that was shambling over to him, spear hung loosely in its hand. You're a lot faster than that, and we both know it, Pinball thought angrily, drawing his weapon. I'm gonna kill youPinball took out his spear, the cold weapon - wait. Pinball glanced down at his hands. And he saw his staff. "Oh, God damn it!" Pinball gave the weapon a twirl, and charged. Come on! Pinball's staff collided with the creature's chest like a thunderclap. He was a blur, unleashing a merciless flury of blows that even Mars would have to acknowledge. It was forced backwards, and fell to its knees as Pinball delivered a decisive twhack across its rotten skull. When all was said and done, the Shambling Mariner was grounded, and looked in about as good condition as Pinball did. 

Action Taken: Sword Art [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN] / Charge! +5 Base DMG and Bullrush!
Shambling Mariner: ID# 106176  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 1 (Crit. Miss!) ~ 15+5= 20*15= 300-43= 257 DMG + Stun

- Enemies - 

[Stunned 1/1] Shambling Mariner: 603/860 HP | 258 DMG | 43 MIT 

- Players - 

Pinball: 600/860 HP | 72/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Edited by Pinball

He glances towards the shambling undead beast that Pinball is fighting as he glances towards his energy bar that is still slowly refilling from the fact that he has to wait before he can intervene and thus just sits down on the ground and watches for the meantime. He can do this by himself he knocked it flat on its back and has the creature at his mercy. Now he just needs to keep it down. He says softly to himself seeing that the creature had become stunned from the strike of the staff against it which was most likely a product of charge that Pinball uses against every enemy that he comes across seemingly. He lets out a small sigh and glances towards his familiar that is lying by his side as he nods his head having something in mind. Valen! Search. He says as a brief and simple command as the fire liger nods its head and lets out a brief glow of fire before going off to try and find a material for himself so that the duo can at least remain somewhat productive.

#106201 LD:2

Edited by Mars

The monster was on its back, but it was slowly but surely forcing itself to its feet. Pinball took a few steps backward, glancing around, spotting Mars. He offered a worried grin to the man, then went back to attacking the Fishing Boss in front of him. Pinball twirled his spear. How was I supposed to go about attacking prone monsters again? Pinball couldn't quite remember. Hopefully his muscles did. Pinball let loose another Dimension Stampede as the Boss Monster struggled to its feet. He curved ever so slightly upwards, so when his attack carried him forward, the blows were actually aimed at the mob. Pinball took another step back as his attack finished, and he took a leap backwards as the Shambling Mariner stood, breaking out of his paralysis. Pinball studied the spear the mob held. I have to avoid that thing... He had taken a punch to the chest from it, and he wasn't of a mind to take another. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN / +1 EN]
Shambling Mariner: ID#106211 BD: 6+3= 9 (Hit!) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!)  ~ 15*15= 225-43= 182 DMG

- Enemies - 

[Stunned 0/1] Shambling Mariner: 421/860 HP | 258 DMG | 43 MIT 

- Players - 

Pinball: 600/860 HP | 59/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Edited by Pinball

He glances back towards his energy seeing that he is getting close to being back at full as he just nods his head and waits patiently for it to get back to full at the best that it could be at as he watches the events that unfold as Pinball manages to land another strike against the boss mob with his spear as he smirks slightly at that fact. 'Though with how much health it seems to have i might need to step in to make sure that he doesn't have the chance to die just because i had to wait for my strongest attack to be available for me to do some actual damage.' He thinks to himself as he waits once more having to trust that his rival won't die so easily against this creature since he would make sure personally that such a fate won't ever happen since he needs someone to push himself forward at all times. With his rival seemingly needing that same sort of motivation at times since they somehow managed to start back up on training at the same exact time.

The Shambling Mariner... shambled forward. It gave off the impression that it was about as quick as its zombified appearance suggested, but Pinball knew better. There was no way that something so slow would have even come close to surprising him like that, even if he was daydreaming. Pinball was more than a bit absent-minded at times, and that sometimes showed in his fighting, but when it came down to it, Pinball was fast. He had to be. Pinball took a defensive stance in the dirt, his staff held a bit lazily in both hands. He was waiting for an opening. Waiting for that monster's speed to - and in a flash, the Shambling Mariner closed the distance. Pinball didn't have time to react. The Mariner's shield hit him hard, sending him backwards, and its spear flashed out, punching another hole into his torso and exposing the red 3D mesh of his avatar. "Damn it, damn it, damn it," Pinball growled, unleashing Dimension Stampede in retaliation. Now it was the monster's turn to get pushed up, but their health was about equal at this point... worrying. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Dimension Stampede] [-14 EN / +1 EN] 
Shambling Mariner: ID# 106214  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 9 (Crit. Hit!) ~ 15*15= 225-43= 182 DMG / 259 DMG TAKEN

- Enemies - 

Shambling Mariner: 239/860 HP | 258 DMG | 43 MIT 

- Players - 

Pinball: 341/860 HP | 46/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the fight as the mob manages to do another hit against his rival as his eyes narrow ever so slightly as he gets up from his spot as his familiar comes back just in times as he nods towards the liger. Well looks like we're getting involved Valen lets get going. He says in a serious tone of voice as he gets low to the ground and than shoots forward as fast as he can using charged to boost his speed to get there as fast as possible. Starting out with a swift and high velocity punch all along the beast appearing on the other side of it with a grin on his face as he turns towards his rival with a nod of his head. Seems like you were in a spot of trouble Pinball i figure i would step in to help you out with this fight so you can land the killing blow before you would suffer a rather untimely fate. he says in a polite tone of voice with a nod of his head.

Action: Acupuncture+Charge

#106216 BD:9  15+3=18x9= 162

- Enemies - 

Shambling Mariner: 77/860 HP | 258 DMG | 43 MIT 

- Players - 

Pinball: 341/860 HP | 46/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

Mars: 600/600 HP | 3/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Edited by Mars

Mars jumped in, delivering a powerful blow that knocked the Shambling Mariner's health even further down the well. He appreciated the help, and he immediately felt relieved... but he'd be lying if he said that a small part of him had wanted to kill it himself. Pinball shook it off. Why should he tempt fate? Pinball prepared a sword art, eyeing the mob carefully. He just needed to hit it right there, and he'd send that head right off - metaphorically speaking. Pinball ran at the monster, and the Shambling Mariner ran at him too, for what would likely be their final exchange. The monster's hand flashed out, and Pinball saw now how it had kept surprising him. It was even faster than he had dared believe - but Pinball was prepared this time - and he was quicker. Pinball sidestepped, throwing the monster off balance, and immediately punished him with a retaliation of his own. Pinball ended the assault with a strike to its head akin to that of somebody playing pool. The Shambling Mariner burst into a cloud of shards, and Pinball slumped to the ground, trying to catch his breath. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Vent Forth] [-8 EN / +1 EN] 
Shambling Mariner: ID# 106217  BD: 7+3= 10 (Hit!) MD: 2-3= -1 (Miss!) ~ 15*10= 150-43= 107 DMG

- Enemies - 

Shambling Mariner: 0/860 HP | 258 DMG | 43 MIT 

- Players - 

[H:3] Pinball: 341/860 HP | 46/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:2] Mars: 600/600 HP | 3/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Looting Shambling Mariner: ID# 106218  LD: 16 CD: 9 ~

• 8600 Col 
  • 4 Uncommon T2 Consumables

Loot Pool: 

• 16,140 Col
  • 15 T2 Materials 
  • 6 T2 Uncommon Consumables
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
Edited by Pinball

He nods towards his rival as he finishes off the mob meaning that the threat is over with for now, but knowing his rival all the same he should stick around for the next fished up opponent that is going to come because of Pinball's luck bringing another one that would be out of his league. With such a thought in mind the black haired fighter sits down on the ground welcoming the nice break from the fight to once more try to gain enough time for his energy pool to spike up back to full as he glances over towards Pinball. So than i leave for a few seconds and you managed to fish up a boss. Want me to stick nearby this time encase you manage to do so again? he questions the spear user with a amused look within his eyes as he says this to him his familiar resting besides the martial arts user letting out a bright glow of fire which means that the martial artist gets covered in light and a warm temperature heating up his body to make sure that he doesn't freeze to death.

Loot Pool: 

• 16,140 Col
  • 15 T2 Materials 
  • 6 T2 Uncommon Consumables
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable

"Uhh," Pinball mumbled, standing with the help of his staff, "I think I'm done fishing for now." Pinball walked over to the wall that seperated the arena from the rest of the castle, and leaned against it, searching through his inventory for something. He finally found it, and in a flash of blue light he held a potion in his left hand. He leaned his staff against the wall, and popped the cork of the flask, looking to Mars with a nod. "I kinda need to drink this, huh," he mused, swirling the vial. "I barely ever use health potions. I barely ever get hit hard enough. Or hit at all, really." Pinball wrinkled his nose at the bitter smell of it, and took a sip, nearly spitting it out. "God, that's horrible." But Pinball lifted his head up high, and he chugged the whole bottle. His health jumped quite a bit back up - just enough to bring him back into the green. Still he wasn't quite satisfied with the restoration. Pinball sighed, watching as the glass faded from his hand as the system processed the item's use. "I guess I should drink another." Pinball opened his inventory again, rifling through his stock of items. 

Consuming: T2 Perfect Potion - Greater Curative Potion: +120 HP [#100193]
120(Potion)+10(Out of Combat)= 130 HP Restored
Pinball: 471/860 HP 

Edited by Pinball