[F14-PP] Moving up in power <<Lich's Calling>>

He chuckles ever so slightly at hearing that from his rival as he just nods his head in understanding since his health has been hurt rather badly due to the mob that he had faced off against just because of his own luck when it comes to fights and fishing in general it seems. The duo seemingly polar opposites when it comes to such things when it ends with what is the chance of something happening between the two with himself seemingly rather lucky at points while Pinball suffers. Well than what is the goal of us trying to kill these monsters Pinball? Like what is the target amount of loot that you are trying to get from all of this? He ask the spear wielder out of curiosity as he lays down on his back to rest and just enjoy the peaceful surrounding as he has his head turned towards the direction of the main door towards the inside of the castle. entirely expecting to see a army of skeletons come from their at some point due to him having taken down the gargoyle that was protecting that door, or at the very least one of the gargoyles if the other is a real life one also.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shrugged. "I don't have a real target, to be honest." Another health potion materialized in his hand in a brief flash of blue light. He struggled to pull the cork off. "I just kinda," he said, gasping as the cork flew free, "kinda need the money. I want a house." Pinball took a deep breath, glanced at Mars, then added with a grin, "You can help me out with that, though. You've gotta be loaded." Pinball glanced down at the potion, frowned, and downed it in one long, drawn out gulp. He stuck his tongue out, grossed out by the taste, and tossed the glass to the side. It vanished in a cloud of pixels before it even touched the ground, and Pinball's health jumped up once more. I've only got three more of these potions, he thought uncomfortably. I should save them. Pinball glanced at Mars. "You should give me a discount at your shop. Or give me money. Yeah, give me money. You should totally give me some money. Like a lot. Of money.

Consuming: T2 Perfect Potion - Greater Curative Potion: +120 HP 
120+10= 130 HP Restored
Pinball: 601/860 HP 
EN Recovery: 2/3

He raises an eyebrow at his rival with a amused look in his eyes at hearing what he would call a rather ridiculous question to ask himself. Pinball i can tell you right now that their will never be anybody who will get a discount in my shop every price is fixed once i figure out what the best price to ask is. Once i know that, that is set in stone and is never changing so i can try to make a profit so i can end up asking stuff from you anyhow. Alchemy for what can't be made by a cook, and your cook for what i can't make so we can just fund our own run through dungeons or anything else. He says in a rather calm and relaxed tone of voice as he quickly gets back up onto his feet as his energy hits the maximum of what it should be once more meaning that he can get back to fighting some monsters, but this time staying close encase of another boss monster being fished up.

Pinball grinned as Mars stood, picking up his quarterstaff to follow. "Ah, whatever," he grumbled jokingly, "buzzkill." Pinball skipped ahead, thinking. His health bar wasn't full, but it was good enough for him to be able to take another hit or three. He was willing to test his luck. Pinball motioned to the castle with his thumb. "I'm gonna go check out and see if there's any mobs in there. Or like, near it, at least." Pinball whirled around, holding his staff in one hand. "Wanna come with?
And Pinball was off, jogging through the courtyard and up the steps of the palace. It was then that he heard something in the distance - something getting closer. It sounded like a bunch of pots and pans hitting each other. From around a bend came a squad of four heavily armored skeletons. The name above their heads and under their red cursors read: <<Death Walker>>.They immediately drew their weapons, ducked behind their shields, and charged. Pinball turned around to run back to his rivals. "Mars!!

EN: 3/3
+10 HP 

He follows his rival with a nod of his head as he glances towards him with a raised unseen eyebrow as if questioning the idea of even questioning him that. You spawned a boss mob and almost died to it of course i am coming with you to make sure you don't kill yourself or something stupid like that. He says in a rather flat tone of voice while looking at his rival as he follows the spear user in the direction of where he decides to in, and almost as if the game knew where to find its local trouble magnet he sees four of these armored being walk up towards the duo. Every single time..i am not a AoE person game. He mutters bitterly to himself as he lets his feet glow with a blue light as he charges forward activating charge quickly after to boost himself forward towards the heavily armored beings. He rushes towards the first three and kicks them all causing them to stagger back ever so slightly from the force of the blow as he twists and goes to slam his foot into the last only for it to be blocked by the being's sword. Thinking quickly he pushes off of the bladed weapon and spins once more slamming the back of his foot into the creatures head as he lands on the other side of the four enemies. You're up Pinball!

Action: Tornado kick charge [12 ENG]

#106223 BD:8  14+3=17x6= 102 

#106224 BD:3+3=6   102 DMG

#106225 BD:2+3=5+1(concentration) 102 DMG

#106226 BD:9  108 DMG

[H:0/0/0/0] Pinball: 860/860 HP | 46/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 

[H:1/1/1/2] Mars: 600/600 HP | 48/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Death walker: 598/700 129DMG
Death walker: 592/700 129DMG

Edited by Mars

In a matter of seconds the troops were on them - they made good time for monsters clad in such heavy looking armor. Mars reacted immediately, as Mars tends to do, leaving Pinball waiting for the signal. Mars looked to him, called out his name, and without another word, Pinball hopped back once, and charged, reaching practically superhuman speeds as Charge accelerated him toward the group. It was hard to remember what went down. Everything was a blur, and his mind must not have been able to keep up. All he immediately recalled was that Mars had somehow gotten hit, and that Pinball had narrowly avoided a slash across his side himself by just barely retaliating with a stunning strike to the creature's helmet. They were quick to recover though, and the shambling knights brandished their weapons again, glaring at the two players with glowing, pale blue eyes. Pinball spared a quick glance at Mars. "You alright?

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Weeping Moon] [-12 EN] / Charge! +5 Base and Bullrush
Death Walker 1: ID#106227  BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) MD: 10 (Crit. Hit!) ~ 20*9= 180 DMG + Stun / 131 DMG to Pinball 
Death Walker 2: ID#106228  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 7-3= 4 (Miss!) ~ 20*9= 180 DMG + Stun  
Death Walker 3: ID#106229 BD: 6+3= 9 (Hit!) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) ~ 20*9= 180 DMG + Stun 
Death Walker 4: ID#106230 BD: 1 (Crit. Miss!) MD: 9 (Crit. Hit!) ~ 130 DMG to Mars 

[H:1/1/1/0] Pinball: 610/860 HP | 74/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:1/1/1/2] Mars: 470/600 HP | 48/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

[Stunned 0/1] Death Walker 1: 418/700 129DMG
[Stunned 0/1] Death Walker 2: 418/700 129DMG
[Stunned 0/1] Death Walker 3: 418/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 592/700 129DMG

Edited by Pinball

He glances towards the side and watches as Pinball is still hurting from the last match rush forward and slams into most of the enemies as he just smiles at that taking that with some gratitude since it means that he won't get-. He feels a sword slam into his chest as he gets thrown away and along the ground as he holds his chest out of reflex as he than quickly gets up onto his feet ignoring the pain that his body wants to make him believe is actually real. 'You have got to be kidding me. Why do i do these sort of things while being around Pinball. Why do i want to torture myself by doing this.' He thinks to himself as he lets his hands get covered in a glowing red energy as he than charges forward towards the enemy that hit him and punches it hard in its armor sending it across the field as his energy plummets by a severe amount at least for himself. Pinball. We need to finish this as soon as possible i don't feel like dying today! He shouts over towards the spear wielder with a deathly glare that has a subtle undertone of actual worry and fear within his eyes. 'i won't die to some nameless trash mob not now! Now ever! I will only die when i am truly ready to greet it after i have claimed my goal or painted my name in this world in red!' He thinks in anger as he can feel his heart beat a thousand beats a minute seemingly as he focuses intently on every mob around him.

Action: All Might  -16 ENG

#106249  BD:9   15x15= 225

[H:1/1/1/0] Pinball: 610/860 HP | 74/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:1/1/1/4] Mars: 470/600 HP | 32/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

[Stunned 0/1] Death Walker 1: 418/700 129DMG
[Stunned 0/1] Death Walker 2: 418/700 129DMG
[Stunned 0/1] Death Walker 3: 418/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 367/700 129DMG

Edited by Mars

In the heat of battle, Pinball couldn't help but get a little angry with those words. Frustrated that Mars would even say that, and a bit put off by it, Pinball dodged sword after sword, only to get knocked forward into another one of their attacks by a shield bash. Pinball grit his teeth. We're not gonna die, he told himself, these guys ain't nothin'. Pinball gave his staff a twirl, attacking each one of them with quick staff strikes that dropped their health even further. Pinball's weapon echoed off of armor and hit wrists, and despite the staff not having an actual blade, big red welts appeared on the monsters' torsos, symbolizing the more than decent out amount of damage he was dealing to the monsters. Still, they weren't dead yet. All that armor must have contributed to their long lifespan, because by gauging their health, Pinball figured it'd be two more rounds before any one of them go down. "Don't worry.

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Weeping Moon] [-14 EN / +1 EN]
Death Walker 1: ID#106250  BD: 9 (Crit. Hit!) MD: 8-3= 5 (Miss!) ~ 15+1= 16*9= 144 DMG
Death Walker 2: ID#106251  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 10 (Crit. Hit!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG / 131 DMG to Pinball
Death Walker 3: ID#106252  BD: 9 (Crit. Hit!) MD: 2-3= -1 (Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG
Death Walker 4: ID#106253 BD: 8+3= 11 (Hit!) MD: 2-3= -1 (Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG 

[H:3/2/3/1] Pinball: 479/860 HP | 61/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:1/1/1/4] Mars: 470/600 HP | 32/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Death Walker 1: 274/700 129DMG
Death Walker 2: 283/700 129DMG
Death Walker 3: 274/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 232/700 129DMG

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards the four enemies that are now at the very least very close in similarity of remaining health as he smiles a bit happily at that fact as he gets low to the ground and kicks off of the ground and heads towards the quartet of enemies with his legs glowing with power. The black haired martial artist once more kicks at every enemy except one who manages to block his attack with its axe. He pushes himself off and lands on the ground with a small exhaling of breathe to get himself under control as he glances towards his health watching it tick up only by a very small amount. He nods his head at that with a small grin across his face as he than glances towards the enemies his demeanor changing rather quickly from unsure to confidence once more. 'As long as they focus Pinball and he can continue to dodge them than it should be possible for us to kill them before they can do the same to us. Though next time if we want to face off against enemies like this maybe bringing a healer along would be helpful, or a excess of potions whichever comes first.' He thinks to himself.

Action; Tornado Kick

#106254 BD:10 16x6= 96

#106255 BD:8  14x6=  84

#106256 BD:2+3=5

#106257 BD:3+3=6 84

[H:3/2/3/1] Pinball: 479/860 HP | 61/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:3/2/1/5] Mars: 500/600 HP | 23/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Death Walker 1: 178/700 129DMG
Death Walker 2: 199/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 148/700 129DMG

Edited by Mars

He didn't remember how, but he got cut again. A long, red gash along his leg that dropped his health substantially. Pinball winced, giving his spear a twirl as he stepped back, giving Mars room for his attack. This was tougher than he had thought. Why was something so tough on this floor? Pinball shook himself out of it. He couldn't worry. I can take another hit or two. Pinball's mind briefly touched the Teleportation Crystal in his pouch. I've never had to...
As soon as he saw an opening, Pinball rushed forward, his quarterstaff lashing out in another flury of blows. The monsters' health dropped into the red - for the most part. Pinball figured if Mars helped him out, he could finish them all off next turn. But if I get unlucky, he thought morbidly, this'll be the end of ol' Pinball, won't it? Despite the crippling fear that was setting in, Pinball, without even fully noticing himself, grinned. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Weeping Moon] [-12 EN / +1 EN] 
Death Walker 1: ID#106258  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 6-3= 3 (Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG
Death Walker 2: ID#106259  BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) MD: 1 (Crit. Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG 
Death Walker 3: ID#106260  BD: 2+3= 5 (Miss!) MD: 10 (Crit. Hit!) ~ 131 DMG to Pinball 
Death Walker 4: ID#106261  BD: 6+3= 9 (Hit!) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG 

[H:4/3/3/2] Pinball: 348/860 HP | 61/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:3/2/1/5] Mars: 500/600 HP | 23/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Death Walker 1: 43/700 129DMG
Death Walker 2: 64/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 13/700 129DMG

Edited by Pinball

He looks toward the four enemies that are on their last legs of health except for one just standing out like a sore thumb from all the others standing at a rather impressive amount of health as the black haired martial artist lets his hands get covered in a red glowing energy. 'I can't believe we've been pushed this much by enemies like this. Though i guess it also helps that Pinball is taking as much of the heat that he is just from the sole fact that he is a higher level and thus can take more of this punishment.' He thinks to himself as he focuses upon the creature and then charges forward a fierce and determined look upon his face knowing what sort of stakes could be at play for his partner if he misses this attack then it could be the end of the tale of Pinball and Mars. He rushes forward and punches the enemy towards sending it away from him as the enemy joins the three others close to death and barely surviving. Pinball. End this if you can. he says slightly out of breathe as he looks towards the gathered enemies.

Action: All Might

#106262 BD:9  15x15=225

[H:4/3/3/2] Pinball: 348/860 HP | 61/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:3/2/1/5] Mars: 500/600 HP | 7/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Death Walker 1: 43/700 129DMG
Death Walker 2: 64/700 129DMG
Death Walker 3: 49/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 13/700 129DMG

Edited by Mars

Mars asked him to finish it, and Pinball happilly obligued. This fight was drawing on much too long for his liking, and they were taking way too much damage. Pinball gave his spear a twirl, and as soon Mars backed off, Pinball rushed in, staff swinging. Whack, whack, whack, whack! Pinball's weapon struck each of the monsters once, but that was all it took - with each strike, a monster shattered into a cloud of blue pixels, and the reward screen that blazed to life in front of Pinball only got larger and larger. When it was done, Pinball stood alone on the stone walkway the Death Walkers had found them, breathing hard. "Jesus Christ," Pinball grunted, scratching at his neck, "that was close." He laughed, then showed Mars the rewards. "Check this out, though." Was it worth it? Pinball couldn't really tell. His heart was racing, though. He grinned like an idiot, the buzz of the fight still not having fully worn off. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Weeping Moon] [-14 EN / +1 EN]
Death Walker 1: ID#106263 BD: 8+3= 11 (Hit!) MD: 1 (Crit. Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG 
Death Walker 2: ID#106264 BD: 10 (Crit. Hit!) MD: 5-3= 2 (Miss!) ~ 17*9= 153 DMG 
Death Walker 3: ID#106265 BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) MD: 4-3= 1 (Miss!) ~ 15*9= 135 DMG
Death Walker 4: ID#106266 BD: 10 (Crit. Hit!) MD: 3-3= 0 (Miss!) ~  17*9= 153 DMG

[H:5/5/4/4] Pinball: 348/860 HP | 47/86 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA 
[H:3/2/1/5] Mars: 500/600 HP | 7/60 EN | 14 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 Savvy | 10/3 Regen 

Death Walker 1: 0/700 129DMG
Death Walker 2: 0/700 129DMG
Death Walker 3: 0/700 129DMG
Death Walker 4: 0/700 129DMG

Looting: 
Death Walker 1: ID#106267 LD: 20 CD: 2 ~ (Col*3+2, Col*3+2, 3 T2 Materials) 

Death Walker 2: ID#106268 LD: 18 CD: 6 ~ (Col*3+2, 2 T2 Materials, 2 Uncommon T2 Consumables) 
Death Walker 3: ID#106269 LD: 14 CD: 9 ~ (Col*3+2, 2 T2 Materials, Rare T2 Armor) 
Death Walker 4: ID#106270 LD: 3 CD: 9 ~ (Col*3+2) 

Total: 
17,500 Col 
7 T2 Mats 
Rare T2 Light Armor 
2 Uncommon T2 Materials 

Loot Pool: 

• 33,640 Col
  • 22 T2 Materials 
  • 8 T2 Uncommon Consumables
  • 2 T2 Rare Consumable
  • Rare T2 Light Armor 
Edited by Pinball

He glances towards the rewards and nods his head ever so slightly from the fact that at face value the fact that they had a high COL amount was rather nice and beneficial towards the duo however that didn't mean that the fight was worth much in the end due to the simple fact that unidentified gear is king in prepping for one's build. Well i guess it was worth my life almost if we were after COL at the minimum. He says to himself as he sits down on the  ground out of breathe from the intense fighting letting the adrenaline slowly fade from his systems which is a weird enough concept since in the end the things he is feeling is just replicated from a bunch of 1's and 0's at the end of the day. Pinball sometimes i do question my sanity for following you since i swear more often than not you slowly put me in situations that slowly lead to my death one even after the other. He says in a mix of a joking and serious tone of voice while speaking to his rival.

"Of course it was worth it," Pinball laughed. No, it wasn't.
"How can you enjoy life if you don't almost die every so often?" Pretty easily, actually. 
Pinball closed the rewards screen with a dismissive swipe of his hand. Pinball was still grinning, though the battle high was wearing off, and Pinball found himself steadily starting to hate himself for enjoying it again. He took a seat right there on the ground while he waited for his energy to refill. It had been a thrilling fight, but he didn't think he was going to try and fight anything else while they were here. "Probably," Pinball laughed in response, "I don't know why you do that to yourself." He let his eyes shut a bit, laying his staff in the dirt beside him. He used his arms as a pillow. "We should probably get out of here," he yawned. "This whole place is like a holiday camp for undead monsters.

He looks towards his spear wielding friend with a raised eyebrow as he talks about the idea of how people can enjoy their life as he just shrugs his shoulder not having much of a comment about that as he then glances upwards towards the sky. I enjoy life by enjoying the fight itself, and finding ways to continue moving forward with my goal. He says off-handedly towards the spear wielder as he rests his hand against the ground as he frowns having felt his hand hit something rather hard..harder than usual for being the normal dirt covered ground. he glances towards the side seeing the edge of a treasure chest as he forces out the thing as it is a mix of a wooden box and covered in the rib cages and bones of various creatures seemingly as he glances towards Pinball. Hey golden luck boy why not see if you can get any better with your luck by opening this.

#106282 LD:17 treasure chest found

Edited by Mars

"Golden luck boy," Pinball grumbled, glancing over to what Mars was talking about. Apparently, he had pulled up a treasure chest... from wherever it was that Mars pulled out treasure chests. "Yeah, yeah, fine." Pinball sat up, hopped to his feet, and kicked his staff over to the chest - which was, admittedly, a very slow and impractical way of doing it - especially when he looked like a spoiled child in the grocery store all the while. He crouched in front of the box, finally picking up his staff and peering at the latch. "Where's Shield when you need him," he muttered, grasping the edges of the crate. With a swift motion, he flipped the latch, and then the lid of the box open, leaping backwards and kicking up a cloud of dust as he did it. "Oh," he said, realizing nothing was trying to bite his arm off. He walked back over to the chest a bit anticlimactically. 

Opening Chest: ID# 106286 LD: 16 ~ 2100 Col, 8 T2 Mats, Perfect T2 Light Armor, 2 T2 Rare Consumables

Loot Pool: 

• 35,740 Col
  • 30 T2 Materials 
  • 4 T2 Rare Consumable
  • Rare T2 Light Armor 
  • Perfect T2 Light Armor 
Edited by Pinball

The black haired warrior stares at the chest half expecting it to turn into some fish abomination of nature and against the very sanity that this floor tries to cling to rather desperately however it never comes much to his surprise. It ends up being a entirely normal chest that Pinball gets and he manages to get some kind of positive reward if his reaction is anything to go off of. With a small shrug of his shoulders he gets back up onto his feet as he glances towards his rival as he points over towards the exit of the courtyard and more importantly to safety. Lets get out of here Pinball. Also, are their any quests you would want to do while we're together or you're going to go off on some type of Pinball adventure and almost get yourself killed by giant fish people that you fish up? He questions the spear user in a joking tone of voice to try and lighten the mood of almost dying as he starts to make his way towards the courtyard's exit rather happy to just get going to leave the floor.

Loot Pool: 

• 35,740 Col
  • 30 T2 Materials 
  • 4 T2 Rare Consumable
  • Rare T2 Light Armor 
  • Perfect T2 Light Armor 

Pinball kicked the now empty treasure chest onto its side. He knew it would despawn in a little while, though it still had some time to spend as an item. Pinball shrugged, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Probably going to go fish up some more giant fish people, yeah," he nodded, scratching at his chin. "Dying isn't my first choice though." Pinball started walking, heading towards the arena - he was going to exit the way he had come. Hopefully there weren't any more mobs lurking around the corners. Pinball tilted his head toward Mars. "I figure I'm probably just gonna go home and take a nap. Then eventually I have to go and finish the DHA things." Pinball gave his staff an overhead twirl before putting it back in his inventory. He didn't intend on getting in any fights on his way home, and he certainly wasn't too keen on fighting anything else in this little palace thing. Pinball glanced around carefully, just to be safe. "What about you?

He just shrugs his shoulders at the question sent towards him as he walks alongside his rival as the duo exit the arena and makes their way back towards the greencloak camp on this floor. I'm going to do my best to continue trying to catch up to you as always since i can't allow you to stay ahead of me since we did promise a duel with one another when we both reached tier three. It would be a shame to have to force you to slow down just because of me instead of the other way around as i thought it might've happened instead. He says in a joking tone towards Pin Mars' familiar lighting up with flames and fire for a brief moment as the martial artist says those words as if echoing the same feelings of not liking to be left behind in terms of strength and power. The castle slowly fading away into the distance as the duo pass by rocks and more ground as the greencloak camp comes into view the main settlement of this floor.

Was that a challenge? Pinball and Mars had always been neck and neck, but recently Pinball had pulled ahead in a strange turn of events. He didn't like leaving his rival behind, but he knew that his strength was only going to make Mars determined to do better - it was in his nature. Where he would give up, Mars would persevere, leaving Pinball to either get left behind and wallow in self-pity or suck it up and do better. That's why he had leveled up. That's why he had left the safezones behind and pursued a life as an adventurer in the first place - in the pursuit of strength. Even when it wasn't his style, and even when the thrill of combat festers into something foul and disgusting, Pinball kept pushing. He wanted to honor her memory. She would be where he stood right now if it hadn't happened, and Pinball would still be doing dagger tricks for col in the Town of Beginnings while he waited for her to come back. It wasn't fair. Pinball pushed himself out of those thoughts before he got teary-eyed. He shook it off, and kept walking. Away from the arena, and away from the castle he had nearly died with his rival in. He considered trying to pants him as they walked.