[F3-PP] To teach one how to tank <<Search for the Hoya>>

I can't help but feel my heart drop as a mixture of morbid realization of what has been created, and the one of just laughing at all the bad jokes mix into one as i just slowly chuckle to myself as i shake my head from one side to the next with a rather happy smile across my face. Oh no..i've unleashed onto this world something worse than Kayaba. A pun maniac. I say jokingly to myself as i watch the Minotaur get stopped once more by the power of the curved sword i had once wielded and had won me many a quest fight against monsters all the way up to floor seven. Watching the blade that used to barely function for its purpose beyond damage get used for something different for its actual purpose to work with the shield to paralyze enemies to delay as long as possible any damage to my friends and allies. 'Maybe it just needed the right wielder to finally hold it. They do like to say in some cultures that swords are living entities and i'm starting to believe it with how Revial is doing. It must be so happy to finally being used once more.'

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black felt like a mighty tempest wielding that blade against the towering behemoth, almost already cutting it's health in half without being hit. His eyes concentrated on following the beast's movements as he circled around it looking for an opening like a tenacious barbarian of the battlefield. Something felt off-kilter as the beast just stood there with it's nostrils expanding in a malicious manner, opening it's mouth to reveal fierce looking teach as it charged at Black. Blacker timing was off as he tried to get his Sword Art off in time, but the agility of the Minotaur was was too much and the blow glanced off his shield and pounded into his chest as his Ruby Armor hummed into only a dim light as Thorns didn't activate. The monster hissed as it powered through Black's defenses and did more damage than Black had ever witnessed.  He marveled at it's strength as he was lifted off the ground and flying backwards, staring at the beast in mid air as it roared. He collided with the floor and began to roll around, laying face down and trying to push himself up as the wounded beast charged once more for what was likely to be it's last stand. 

Spoiler

ID- 106762

BD-2 MISS
MD-9 

Black: H: 2 | HP 129/160: En: 15/16  DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Minotaur: 22/50 HP DMG 30 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I raise an eyebrow at seeing the creature finally land a hit that looks absolutely devestating as i can only take that to the thought that it wasn't exactly pleased about the fact of being denied an attack against its prey three different times. Though in the end it will be the end for the creature even if it managed to get lucky this time. However, in the end it will win since it has the power of thorns going against it and rather strong thorns at that, and it also has going against it someone that knows how to use a blade from what i can understand from the fact that Revial sparked twice to bring down the Minotaur as i grin to myself feeling confident. That the player himself and the sword will play off each other once more to strike down the minotaur without even needing to use thorns to do so if the current progress i anything to go by wiht how they have chipped away at this things health to the point it is in the yellow zone. My familiar Kuro remaining and looking rather passive watching the fight as one would watch a peaceful garden out through their window.

Black struggled to get up as the stampeding marauders advanced towards him. The thunderous hooves played notes of death and discord as they clapped violently toward the young swordsman. He didn't have enough time to get away from the steaming doomtrain that was set on a crash course towards him. It felt like the car crash he was in when a truck came barreling at him in the passenger side door and he was helpless to do anything. From his terrible position, he pushed up into a high crawling position with his shield on the deck as he swung Revial skyward with another Rage Blow strike to keep the beast at bay. His sword slicing through the air as the Minotaur jerked back to dodge and send a vicious strike down upon Black before the blonde haired fighter rolled over several times to the right and the monster impaled his axe into the ground and was busy trying to pull it out before it ripped it from the jaws of the stony earth. 

Spoiler

ID - 106763 

BD-5 MISS
MD- 1 - Crit Miss

Black: H: 2 | HP 129/160: En: 15/16  DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Minotaur: 22/50 HP DMG 30 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

'Oh yep..here it is the one thing i remember more about Revial than its paralyzation. Those moments of missing every single time.' I think to myself amused remembering the fight with the queen wasp by myself so long ago and remembering missing the wasp over and over again and required me to trap it in a way that it was stuck between two trees to make it unable tomove to have a chance of even attacking thing since it couldn't strike me somehow and i couldn't strike it. I chuckle even louder after those memories remembering them with fondness even though they were the most frustrating thing on the planet when i first had to deal with them as i watch the minotaur seemingly miss by a mile in terms of close quarters combat as i nod my head rather glad that had happened. Since it means the simple fact that the gear isn't slowing down Black to much since that would just be overly lethal rather than useful to his survival. Especially since their isn't any mitigation on that gear.

Black panted as he could feel the sensation of digital sweat dripping off into a series of ones and zeros on the floor.  The minotaur struck its feet across the deck, dragging them across like a bull getting ready to charge at the matador in Ruby armor. Perhaps the color was what was acting it to react as violently as it was. It pounded on it's chest twice like a Viking high off mushrooms with only slaughter on it's mind. Viciousness plastered itself on the Marine's mangled face as he roared like a lion in a blood curdling war cry. The minotaur screamed as the sky, hurling it's head from side to side, before spinning around in a chaotic cyclone towards Black. The swordsman steadied his breathes to the rhythm of his pounding heart as analytical eyes sharpened themselves as he timed the motion and boldly charged forth like a strike force from hell. "And here comes the thunder clap!"  Revial resonated once more and honored him with a white lightning surge of glimmering light swirling around the black aura of the sword like a hurricane to match the monsoon of the minotaur and rip into the monsters back before it could even finish it's cyclone. As the beast stopped dead in it's tracks, paralyzed once more, Black became emboldened as he decided to ascend the monster and prepare for the killing blow. 

Spoiler

ID- 106766 

BD-  9 Crit Hit + Para 4 + 1 = 5 x 2 = 10 DMG 
MD- 1 - Crit Miss

Black: H: 2 | HP 129/160: En: 15/16  DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Minotaur: 12/50 HP DMG 30 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

Dang Balck you keep paralyzing this thing! Seems like Revial is working out for you! I call over towards you with a grin on my face at this being the third time within a singular fight as i can only be surprised at how many times that is actually procting instead of never doing so like it had for myself. I just nod my head at that and relaxes while sitting upon the ground to watch the fight that should've been a tank doing the tank thing instead ended up being a one-handed DPS kicking a minotaur's butt across this labyrinth within the confined area to end its life via paralysis stalling while i am watching it all get played out. 'Welp i think it is safe to say that this guy has everything handled himself  and won't need me interfering.' I think to myself with a rather proud nod of my head at this as i continue to watch the show wondering if the Minotaur will kill itself upon the blade of Revial or the thorns.

Digital hide clenched in Black’s palm as his merciless eyes and rough expression lay beneath his headband that held the mirrored image of a crimston stained Minotaur being torn apart squealing and rotating it’s shoulders as the ebony skinned warrior leaped up higher, behind the beast’s left shoulder, as it waved it’s arms violently, not able to reach back there because of it’s large muscles, still making weak attempts to grab Black. ‘A blind spot…’ Black huffed as he smuggled himself into a key location to strike unhindered. It was a maneuver he had recalled from the Marine Corp Martial Arts courses where he learned how to manipulate the opponents body against them. Once in position,  Revial became melanized with a strengthened Rage Blow that dissected the Bull’s neck like a science fair project causing it to wail ruefully in a continuous agonize manner as it dropped to it’s knees, weakened, but hurling Black over unto the side of it’s bicep. Agitated and desperate, the beige minion dashed towards a large wall and attempted to slam the hip-hop B-Boy into the brick. Sensing a very painful fate,  Black leaped into the air in this highly demanding dance that physically and mentally his every limit as he managed to yet again evade the attack in his Ruby Armor, defying gravity for a few seconds until he descended back into the madness.

Spoiler

ID- 106766 

BD-  6 Hit  = 4 x 2 = 8 DMG 
MD- 3 - Miss

Minotaur: 4/50 HP DMG 30 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I just grin once more enjoying the show of absolute skill being demonstrated by the player in front of me while all the while wearing gear that seemingly should be slowing him down by something, but going off appearances alone seems not to slow him down in his stride at all. I watch as the Minotaur once more gets strike by an attack from the blade of Revial lowering it into the red and most likely into a point where one more attack from the sword itself will also reduce the creature down into death. A point where no matter what it does it is going to die within the next exchange of blows most likely unless it just tries to dodge for the rest of its existence without attacking. 'Game, set, match.' I think to myself jokingly with a rather happy and cheerful smile upon my face as i get up from my feet since the fight is going to end rather soon as my familiar right besides me does so reluctantly.

Like a soaring bolt, he fell like lightning from the sky. All fell silent, for lightning makes no sound before it strikes.

Suddenly, like the tales of legend,  Revial crackled into a fierce lightning as it hijacked Black’s sword art and thrust it into overdrive. The chaotic crescendo of chaos ignited into one explosive flashpoint in the Bull’s skull as it tried to maul the courageous swordsman with it’s axe, however, the man became a shooting star that cascaded downward like a meteor as a squall unearth from underneath the beast, shooting gusts of wind out as the ground released temporary digital cracks under their weight. The axe that was meant to strike Black shivered as the paralytic shock overwhelmed the beast in a critical overkill. The stunned beast couldn’t even scream in it’s last breath due to being paralyzed. “You thought I wasn’t able to withstand the storm...but, today, I whispered in the Bull’s ear and said I am the storm!”  Black exclaimed, embracing his new found Cereaunophilia as he lunged his lightning rod from the beast and claimed victory with a valiant war cry, lifting Revial up like a gladiator towards Hestia and Kuro.

“I think I just found the best sword in the game. No backsies.” He laughed, clearly intent on keeping the blade. “Okay, now..this build is just too much fun. “ 

Spoiler

ID- 106784

BD-  10 Big Crit  = 6 x 2 = 12 DMG + PARA
MD- 6 - (But Paralyzed again tho. Poor Minotaur. Revial pwned him bad)

Minotaur: -8/50 HP DMG 30 - Dead  

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I walk over towards Black as the minotaur gets struck by the blade once more ending its life with a strike against it as i smile happily and puts the shoulder of Black gently with a rather happily smile at seeing my gear having utterly destroyed the minotaur and having been used in the right hands by Black. Well it seems like you got yourself a good grip on those weapons i gave you Black. Why don't you keep them make them a weapon passed down from one tank to the next. Make these weapons a legend within the world of Aincrad. I say towards the going to be tank with a rather proud tone of voice towards the fellow tank with a bright and cheerful look on my face as my familiar walks over towards the two of us. Lets go get and the find the item that this labyrinth is meant to protect along with these minotaurs. After that the quest is over. I say to my fellow tank with a rather big smile as i look at the man. 'I wonder if i should make him my apprentice i mean. He is a tank that might need a bit of mentorship at the least, and if anything it seems like my gear is working wonders for him.'

Black notices Hestia and grins warmly to her, resting his scimitar on his shoulder. "That was an intense fight...but I still wish I got to use my punchline...mess with the Bull, and you get the thorns!" Black laughed as he rapped his knuckles on his ruby armor. "These weapons are legendary, I can feel it...it's like they are all in sync with one another, I'm loving it. " Black beams with delight at Hestia as nods to her. "I'll be sure to hang them in a frame next to a Minotaur head and write a story of legends!" Black smirked as he looked around the area. "Hey, check it out. I think this is that quest reward item. The one people say is often sought after. Black stated as he noticed the pendant had an emblem of a lightning bolt. Oh wow, ha, now how crazy is that?" He marveled as he showed the pendant off to Hestia. "I wonder what other treaures there are. I wish I had a higher search skill or items to help with that. I was thinking of putting up a request form to borrow a +3 LD accessory to check out if I could find a familiar."

@Hestia

I chuckle softly at the pun as i shake my head in amusement at that as i look towards Black with a grin on my face as he mentions what he wants to do with the gear when it comes time for them to be retired. Well if you can try to find a player like yourself who is a up and coming tank who might want that gear once you're done with it let the legend of Revial and Twilight Shadow always be passed from one player to the next. I say to you as i follow my fellow tank deeper into the dungeon feeling confident that he could do so easily by himself, but just needed a small push and the right gear to make sure that would be reality. I watch as the pendant changes into that befitting of a lightning bolt fitting its lore as i chuckle softly as i can only nod my head in understanding of why it had taken such a form for him. Well i'm certain there could be more interesting treasures Black, but for now i think we should get out of here before something worse happens like a swarm of these things charging us down. I would rather get out of here with only needing to deal with two at the max most likely. I say towards Black with a nod of my head.

Black paused for a moment, listening to Hestia speak. "I'll make sure it is passed down to a worthy warrior. Much like how the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor are passed on to future Marines." He responds shooting her a positive thumbs up. 

He appreciated her considerate demeanor as it seemed she was very helpful. "You have a very kind and considerate spirit. Of course, to walk the path of a Tank, you must think of others before yourself. It feels almost as if the Tanks are the ones putting the front in frontliners." He adds looking around the area as she prepares to leave. "Alright, but one second...I got a hunch there is some loot and I want to do some digging he says as he walks near a stairway where he vanquished the boss to unveil a treasure chest hidden by a statue. 

" Oh, wow, It's ridiculous how great my luck is today!" He laughs lightly showing off the treasure chest to Hestia. 

ID-106819 LD-18 (I'm just getting crazy luck)

Treasure chest found!

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I smile slightly and just nod my head at that as i look towards the player and grins willing to accept my little idea that i have in mind as i look towards Black. I'm glad you will do so Black, and also if you ever went a mentor in the way of tanking, any form of tanking really i can help you out with that if you want. Become like an apprentice of sorts you know? I say as I look towards the chest that Black manages to find and is rather tempted to try and open it but shakes my head as i gesture for you to do so instead with a small smile and a slight chuckle as i do so. I mean  you've been killing it with your luck so far why stop now you know? Who knows maybe i might just start a barrage of unluckiness if i open it up and it turns into a mimic. I say towards you as i just remain away from the chest lying in wait encase it turns into a trap of some kind instead of something useful like a nice handful of rewards for Black to keep for himself since i wouldn't need anything of that sort.

Black looks to Hestia with appreciation of your patience to allow him to search for a chest, despite her concern to get out of the area as swiftly as possible. He didn't wish to be rude, but his hedonistic nature when it came to loot was second to none. He marveled at the idea of having a masterful weapon or shield to add to his current gear. He didn't want to stop until his pockets were filled with loot. He felt confident that his luck would continue and he would prosper as he opened the chest. "Come on...let's see if I can work these magic hands. I feel like today's my lucky day." His eyes gleamed over the chest as he rested his hand upon the edge. As Hestia spoke of mentorship, he paused. "Mentorship...that a big bond between mentor and student. When it comes to survival in the real world, I'd say I'm experienced...but in a world of one's and zero's...well, I'm just playing a numbers game at that point..but if today's been all about luck..maybe I was lucky to find you, too. I got a funny way of looking at things, but I think the way everything has lined up here. I'd be honored to be your apprentice. Just keep in mind, I train like a Marine, so that means I'll be pretty active, but I'm sure you can keep up. " He flashes a smile as he listens to her talk about chest and her luck. "Riiight, you leave all the lucky stuff up to me. I'm your guy." He quips as he pops open the chest and closes his eyes with a confident grin. 

"So, how we looking?" He asks her, allowing her to be the first one to peek inside. 

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID-106822 
LD- 19 (I feel so blessed fam)

Reward: 450 + 22 (5%) Col Stash Buff 8 Materials, Perfect Armor/Shield, Perfect Consumable 

Edited by Black

I walk over towards Black as he opens up the chest and looks inside at what is gained as the menu prompt screen pops up as i let out a low whistle rather impressed what is within the chest as i glance towards the tank with a raised eyebrow. Okay seriously what are you some kind of luck god? You have been absolutely killing everything in terms of your luck being on point seems like the day has been aligned to create awesome for you. I say with a chuckle at that as i rub the back of my head at that. I grin rather happily at hearing that as i just nod my head towards the man right beside me. Well if you are going to become my apprentice i guess i will have to stay by your side through quests to make sure that you don't get over your head than till you can handle things that are on your level Black. I say with a nod of my head and a rather proud smile to myself as i than nod my head and gestures for you to follow me so we can get out of this labyrinth.

Black has a sneaky smirk whipped across his face as he can feel the sensation in the particles of air that it was destiny that some great treasure be in that chest. Today was his day to achieve greatness in all manners. He was waiting in anticipation for what amazing things may come his way as he heard a sharp whistle come from Hestia. He perked up his ears like Inuyasha would from one of his well-liked animes. Once she talked to him about being a luck God he laughed out loud and felt amazing when she praised him for his astonishing achievements. The way things seemed to be going, he was set to make a fortune in this game. After hearing her laugh and nod for him to take a look he turns around and eyes the chest and it's contents. "Wooooooweee! I'm feeling blessed with success!" Black shouts out as he eyes all of the great amazing riches. "And I think I like the sound of that idea. I have the next operation for us. However, I need to borrow a +3 LD item later for it. I'm wanting to go searching for a familiar...and I want to do it on floor five. I'm hoping to find it in the Desert."

@Hestia

When hearing upon the name of the floor of what the familiar could be found on i just nod my head while looking ever so slightly displeased in horrible memories that are associated with that annoying floor.  Remembering having to walk through that desert twice for twenty four hours to once help others and once for myself as i sigh softly and shakes my head in disappointment at that fact as i look forward and just agrees to do it. Welp alright floor five it is i got a LD item to boot also its name is the Golden Fleece. Though why the desert if i may ask? I ask in confusion of why that floor specifically of all things the one that most people would rather just avoid at all costs more than anything else because of the simple fact that it is just a rather big hellscape of heat and annoyance with so much sand that wants to annoy people.

Black began to notice the slight unease from Hestia and arched a brow in concern as he noticed she wasn't too happy about floor five. "There some bad mobs in that area that worry you? What level are they?" Black tilted his head in a confused manner. "Unless, something else is the issue with that floor?" 

Black couldn't exactly put his finger on it, but he decides it must not be that bad, because she was comfortable going there with him.
"Wait..so you happen to have a pretty neat Loot gear? Nice, that will be perfect. I'm thinking I should be a lot stronger with the buffs from the familiar..I hear there are so many." He grins widely. "As for the reason why...well..it fits the lore of the Samurai I wanted to build. When I think of parts of Africa..I think of the desert. Some of the world's fiercest militaries yet to be conquered were from harsh terrains like the desert. The Infantry unit I was stationed out in had to endure the desert sands. I love cultures from the middle east..Persians..Arabians..even this tattoo on my left arm is in Urdu." He grins. "Yes, I'll be a Samurai of the Red Sand and my familiar will be too."

@Hestia

Edited by Black