[SP-F-06] The Duality of Man <<The Gemini>>

Black was collecting water from a well into a canteen as he breathed a weary breath. He was adorned in tattered garbs and fatigue had begun to set in from his arduous journey. His worn gloves were stained with a bit of water which he rubbed against his forehead to relieve himself of the intense heat. He then began to drink to help relieve his parched throat. He paused to look around him, searching for any food reagents that could be acquired along the area, but he had found nothing of use. “I see this floor is just as challenging...I wish I had better gear for gathering.”

“Having some trouble?” A voice let out, cracking a wry grin towards the ebony warrior. Black looked up alerted and drew Revial, his Scimitar, ready for combat, before he saw a rogue NPC. He couldn't make out his face as he kept slipping his head over to the left, trying to make out who the hidden figure was, but to no avail.

ID- 106787 (Gathering fail)

Note: Used 1 x (Yui's Grace) 

Edited by Black

“Oh, well now you’re looking pretty strong with that sword.” The hooded figure in a black robe muttered. Black squinted and stared daggers into the man. “I’m looking to test my skills.” The voice snaked like a serpent through the forest. “If you beat me, I’ll teach you a hidden skill. What do you say?” 

“Oh, well fine, if you want to lose..” He chuckles as he dons his gear and heads over to battle the man in his gear acquired from Hestia. Once they arrived in the open plains, the hooded figure takes on his appearance and surprises Black. 

"What the hell, I never knew I had a twin. Well, damn, I look good. Works for me. But, hey-...what are you doing wearing my gear and copying me...what the hell..?" Black gritted his teeth. You might think you're me, but you haven't earned that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on your arm like I have..so I'm going to rip it off!" Black says as he leaps forward swiftly and unleashes an electric shock from Revial that sunders through the doppleganger's armor and Paralyzes him. 

Spoiler

ID-106790 

BD- 10 

HP: 160 EN: 16/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 
THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 68/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 
Gemini's Disguise failed. 

Edited by Black

Black was freaking livid at this foe that was wearing his Marine Corps Emblem on his arm who had no yet earned it. He released the sword from the foe trying to be a copy of himself. It disgusted in him and he wanted this foe to suffer, he felt his rage glowing a hot burning red as his sword sparked once more with red lightning and he hurled it froth like a tempest as he gritted his teach with a seering malice. The blade ripped across the foe's armor like a dragon claw as he let out a valiant battle cry. 

"Argh...I was right...you are strong, but don't underestimate me...I hit harder than you think." The hooded figure rebuff, smirking as his own lollipop stick rolled to the corner of his mouth. 

"Oh yeah? Who said I'm going to even let you get in a hit? I'm going to unleash all seven gates of hell on you."

Spoiler

ID-106797

BD- 10 

HP: 160 EN: 16/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 
THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 56/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 

Edited by Black

Black wasn't it any mood to take any of his evil twins bullcrap as he dashed to the side with malice in his eyes. His feet drug through the dirt.Heavy breaths released from the man as he twisted his hip to prepare power for the next blow as he raged at the enemy with a bold tenacity locked in his jaw. His veins bulged as he heaved his blade across the man's chest as the doppleganger tried to stab him with a sword, but it was very overwhelming for him to keep up with the Blur of Black's blade. Black's shocking sword lit up and flooded the NPC with an electric charge that left it stunned for the duration of his assault before he dashed back, raising his shield. "You want to actually try this time?" Black scolded his enemy as he pointed his sword at him. "Come on, give me your best shot!"

Spoiler

ID- 106798 

Battle - 10 
MD - 7 (PARA'D)

HP: 160 EN: 16/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 44/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 

Edited by Black

Black taunted his adversary, caring nothing for the pathetic coward that seemed to try to emulate the image of his gear and facial features. The copycat charged at him lunging his sword across in a violent hay-maker, but Black squints his eyes focusing on the motion of the creatures movements. "You might be able to copy my looks, but you can't copy my moves!" The black swordsman cried out in his Ruby armor as he winded up a brutal paralytic charge of his blade that glowed into an ebony steel as he slid across the battlefield like a dancer that could perform for endless hours on end in this web of death and discord. He landed a critical punishing blow and showed no mercy as he assaulted the fiend. "I never let anyone steal my Marine's Valor and get away with it. You haven't earned that title. You worthless scum! " Black hisses as he kicks back into a defensive stance. 

Spoiler

ID-106813
BD- 9 
MD - 7 (Para'd)

HP: 160 EN: 16/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 34/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 

Edited by Black

Black remembered the training he had endured under Hestia as he fought on to better himself. "You're trash." The NPC cursed. "Your attacks are meaningless..do you see how futile your efforts are now?" Black twitches his eyes as he shrugs off the sting of the NPC's words. He flared his nostrils and tightened his grip around his blade. "You're really starting to piss me off, why don't you sit down!" He shouted as his Rage Blow striked the enemy. "And shut up!" He shouts as withdraws his sword from his oppenents abdomen. His eyes bulged at the sight that after all that he had only done one damage. 

"Hehehe..now you see..your status before this world means nothing. You're pathetic. There's no hope for you at all. You're going to die here...there's no one else to help you but pathetic children and mouthbreathers who live in their mother's basement." The maleficent maniac cried out as he swung at Black's throat, missing narrowly as black dashed away. 

ID- 106818

BD-6 -Hit 1 DMG
MD-5 -MISS

Edited by Black

Black decided he had enough of this cowards crap and swung his sword across trying to slice it's arm off, however the annoying adversary simply blocked the blow and thwarted Black's advice. "You're really starting to get on my nerves..I'll wreck you..just you wait. I'm Black, I'll strike you like a lightning bolt!" 

"Ha, well, if that's the way you want to go about it..it sounds to me like all you do is made a lot of noise like thunder!" The foe criticized him. 

"You talk a big game, but why don't you just cut the chit chat and let the sword do the talking. " Black barked with a disgusting expression adorning his face. The man in the mirror run again to Black, swinging his sword like a maniac, while Black ducked down to evade. The digital sweat began to pour as both members tried to lash out at each other, giving it their all. 

ID-108824
BD: 4 - Miss

MD-4 MIss

Edited by Black

Blades bounced back and forth and the warriors brandished their blades close to their heart and begin the dance of battle. Their hearts beat like war drums as each stares each other down into oblivion. Masterful footwork is at play beyond fathomable imagination as boots strike against the sand. The aura surrounding them begins to feel like the chill of a mirthless winter. The fiery intensity shined around them like an intense flame. Black took the initiative attack upon his opponent like a vicious panther, but not being able to sink his claws into his foe. He growled as the doppler shifted and maneuvered to the right and break into a thunderous counterstrike, slicing deep through Black's armor and negating his thorns effect. He knocked Black back several feet as his sword dug through the ground. He inhaled a few times as he notices his HP bar drain by  thirty-two HP. Black began to grow concerned about the outcome of the battle. 

Spoiler

ID- 106827
BD- 1
MD - 9 

HP: 120/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 34/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 

Edited by Black

Black smirks confidently as the foe started to actually show some mettle. "You know..you're not half bad, but you do know there can only be one, right?" A flashy grin highlighted the Marine's cocky manner. He wasn't about to let the fact that he was missing a third of his health deter him from claiming victory against his opponent. 

He had stepped in the ring with many adversaries before and conquered them, and this one would be the same. As he swung Revial down to his side, he felt the intense surge of energy coursing through it and boldly took a stand against his arch-nemesis. 

"Come on, give me all you've got!" His twin image would cry out as it charged forth to try attack Black. However, the experienced warrior, had unleashed the fury just like he had done with Minotaur and proceeded to swiftly strike him down before his strike had a chance to land. 

Spoiler

ID-106831

BD-9  5 x 2 = (10) DMG from Rage Blow
MD-6 

HP: 120/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 23/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 

Edited by Black

Black jerked out his blade from his opponent, then began to rap his sword against his shield, taunting the other NPC who sought to face him. He rolled his shoulder of his sword arm. He was beginning to feel sore and his vigor was waning, but he chose to keep in the fight, choosing to maintain the ferocity in his bearing and endure with a very aggressive stance. The fighter charged at him but as he tried to charge, the enemy countered him, flinging his sword out to the right, despising the Black swordsman for his paralytic strikes and choosing to try and smite him, only to have Ruby armor to vibrate and rum into life, striking out at the enemy with a series of sharp spikes upon his pauldrons. Black shined a wicked grin as he noticed the armor that Hestia gave him had great advantages for one on one battles. This fight was almost over. 

Spoiler

ID-106834 

BD- 1 - Miss 
MD- 6 - 40 DMG

HP: 88/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Gemini: 5/80 DMG: 40 MIT: 14 ACC: 0 EVA: 0 Crit: DMG + Player level x 1 or x2 for 10 

Edited by Black

Bloodlust saturated Black's spirit as he stared down the enemy seeking to vanquish him quickly now that he was on his last leg. Anger swirled through him like a violent storm.

“You're going to die here...alone...your family and friends in the real one are nothing. You belong to this world now. And you'll remain here until this world wipes you from existence. “ The double hissed menacingly, holding malice in it's heart as it rapped against it's shield. “Come on, Marine, show me the might of your warriors legacy. I want to witness your true power!”

Black focused his energy into his blade, Revial shined brilliantly in the sun as the glint of the weapon was blinding to the double. Black slowly advanced forth holding his weapon low and at his side. He held no love in his heart for the wretched doppelganger. Trauma from the previous world. The ones blazing in hellfire and doom, Gunfire and gloom, and eternal pandemonium began to erupt in his mind. The desire to kill flooded his soul as he weaved his hands around his sword and screamed at the top of his lungs as he rushes to be slash   the double across the eye with his sword, but and the doppelganger stumbled to the ground with a massive red line across his eye, staring at Black with a scarred face.

“Well, go on...go on do it! Show me that you're a man. Kill me you sick [censored]! You want the skill don't you? You’ll be the strongest player. No other player will have this power. “ The NPCs health rested at the 1 HP mark.

Black contemplated killing the NPC, holding bitterness in his heart. Revial began to crackle and surge as if ready for the final curtain call to end the NPCs life, but for a moment in time, Black could see the mirage of Hestia's image and he clenched his eyes tight and weakened his grip on the blade.

Spoiler

Note: Killed by Rage Blow

ID-106835 (Spared) for Quest

Edited by Black

"So, you're a warrior of light then?" The double asked in defeat as it seemed that Black was unwilling to kill him. "Tch, fine...consider the concentration you put forth into defeating the enemy within...once you overcome that..perhaps you'll have some chance of helping your friends and ridding them from this world in a more peaceful manner." The man coughed. 

Black wasn't concerned with the niceties as his gripped the man by his armor and stared into his eyes. "The Eagle, Globe, and Anchor...take it off. NOW." He demanded. "Before I cut it off."

The man groaned and waved a hand in submission as the tattoos were removed. "Tch...fine. You've earned that much. However, you must now learn how to master this skill I have taught you by facing another opponent." 

Black suddenly turned to find a growling wolf dashing at him and then lunging at him, Black blocks and knocks the wild beast back before swinging at it and watching the wolf leap over his blade, bearing it's fangs at him intensely. 

Spoiler

ID- 106842 
BD-5 MISS
MD -4 MISS
HP: 88/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Starving Wolf: 100 HP 30 DMG 

Edited by Black

Black had not faced a foe as savage looking as the wolf that had stared him down and growled menacingly. The tenacity of the beast was unlike anything he had ever faced before. 'Wait...don't wolf's usually hunt you down if you run...they are usually all bark and no bite, so I have to stand my ground.' Black considers his options as he holds his shield up high, sidestepping around the wolf, concentrated and focused on the battle. He attempts to swing his sword at it horizontally, slicing through the went as a sharp gale exudes from his blow, missing the mark. 

"Damn it.." Black winced as the Wolf took advantage of his tactical misstep and leaned down and thrust it's jaws forward to wrap around Black's ankle. "[censored] off!" Black cursed but the beast's jaws would not let up, despite the armor damaging it in the process. "What the hell is wrong with this wolf? It's not like normal animals at all. 

Spoiler

ID-106845 

BD- 3 
MD- 7

HP: 66/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Starving Wolf: 82/100 HP 30 DMG 

Edited by Black

Black has kicked it off from his leg then stumbled back as the NPC laughed at his lack of grace fighting against the monster. 
"Having some trouble are we? What's the matter? Is the mighty lion afraid of a little wolf?" The sinuous double cackled as he watched Black suffer from fighting such a sturdy opponent. "[censored]..this annoying animal is ridiculous..he just won't let up. I got to figure out a better way." Black shakes his head as he stares down the Wolf, charging his sword art and rushes to strike at his enemy. 

The wolf howled as it leaped back, dodging the blade, then attempted to tackle Black, but the swordsman effectively blocked the violent assault. He maintained his bearing throughout, seeking to dominate his opponent through sheer will and brutal savagery. 

"I'll kill anything that stands in my way...I have to..for my family...for myself...and most of all I will do it for the Corps!" 

Spoiler

ID-106853

BD-2
MD-2 

Edited by Black

The NPC snickered lightly. "The Corps? Well, that doesn't exactly sound very knightly..that sounds quite ridiculous if you asked me. What are you? A bunch of mercanaries? Some ragtag batch of adventurers? What makes this Corps so special to you? We have fiercer warriors in all of Aincrad, you'll see..they crush you, little Marine..." 

Black really was starting to get pissed off at the NPC, he contemplated just spilling the man's guts on the floor and calling it a day. However, he knew he had to focus on the opponent in front of him if he wanted to get anywhere. Desperate times called for desperate measures as he flung his sword into yet another violent rage blow, missing his opponent by mere inches yet again as the gray wolf ducked under and once again tried to lunge at black. A loud thud erupted as the beast's fangs scraped against Black's shield. 

Spoiler

ID-106855

BD- 5
MD- 5

HP: 106/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1

Edited by Black

There was a fierce level of tenacity to be endured by both of the agile warriors. It was unlike anything the man had witnessed in the game. The ravenous hunger had set in between the champion that slayed the mighty Minotaur of Minos with his extraordinary sword known as Revial. Normally he could call upon it's power to get the paralytic surge to activate, but he couldn't seem to get it to proc. The ebony blade still held it's natural sharpness, but Black wanted every bit of his defenses available to win this fight. He endured the struggle long enough as he could feel the heat of battle burning the aura around him. Everything felt hot as they swirled around each other like raging monsoons. The hot breath of the wolf sprayed against Black's arm as the solve lunged, trying to bite the wrist of his sword arm but failing to do so as Black jerked back.

“Get the hell away from me you mangy mutt!” The daredevil cried out as his rage blow sliced diagonally at the Wolf who had jumped away from it.

Spoiler

ID-106858

BD- 1 - MISS
MD- 4 - MISS

HP: 106/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Starving Wolf: 82/100 HP 30 DMG

Edited by Black

The wolf howled in a sinuous manner that shattered the temporary silence upon the battlefield. It dugs it's sharp claws into the ground, pawing at it in a primal manner, flaring it's nostrils as it tried to sniff out any fear in the man. Black knew with the way the battle was going, the fight could go in any number of ways. He wanted to achieve victory and stay alive because he knew that anything else would only present death to him. 

His eyes darted left and right. There were no other players on the field to help him. He was left all alone to fiend for himself .

"What's the matter, Marine? Struggling to face one lone wolf all by yourself? Feeling inferior without your pack to save you?" Black laughs lightly. "You think you know me? Every Marine is a warrior...we're not afraid to fight alone...you better look up John Basilone." Black chuckled as he dashed forth with intensity and struck his sword down against the beast in a vengeful strike after dodging it's bite attack. 

Spoiler

BD-6 

MD- 2 Miss

Starving Wolf: 74/100 HP 30 DMG

Edited by Black

Black was growing more weary from each blow he had to render on the pale wolf. The beast attacked and stalked him throughout the night nor letting up by any means as it's swirling hatred became venomous while it enclosed upon Black's position. The warrior tried to fall back but he was pushed back to a cliff where the ground was barren of green grass and his feet began to slip on the sand. 

As he looked behind him he realized that there was no escaping the wrath of the mad wolf that lunged at him with lunacy. The claws ripped into his armor and then Black cried out from the pain and fell down the hill. His body rolled down the ground and he looked up to find the Wolf growling in pain from being injured by his armor. The wolf began to stammer and limp away. 

Black felt like he needed to get up and get into the fight. Now was his chance. 

Spoiler

ID-106875

BD -5 

MD- 8

HP: 44/160 EN: 15/16 DMG: 4 MIT: 8 THN: 18 REC: 1
Starving Wolf: 56/100 HP 30 DMG

Edited by Black

Black decided to do the unthinkable as he pulled himself up. He heaved heavy breaths as his body began to succumb to weariness and digital sweat caked  his face. He didn't want to die. He knew he had to press through. Victory awaited just on the other side of that mountain. He knew many great warriors in this game came before him. The people at the frontlines all motivated him to become better. He knew by Hestia's expression that the front lines needed help. He didn't want to be trapped in the prison with no way out. Like an inmate trying to climb a fence to get out of prison, black tried to assail the hill and kicked up on the sturdy botched with his sneakers as he used his gripping strength to pull himself to the top, rolling over the edge . 

The vicious wolf had spun around to snarl at him as his body lied on the ground, as if dead. The soldier was exhausted and seemingly had all his strength sapped from the climb but he saw the beast charging at him and knew he must do something. Suddenly , Revial crackled into a powerful jerk of lightbing and crashed against the side of the wolf. 

Spoiler

ID- 106876 

BD-10 (12) DMG + Para

MD- 2 

Starving Wolf: 44/100 HP 30 DMG

Edited by Black

Black retained his focus as he tried to keep his killswitch engaged from his last strike and build up momentum to destroy his opponent and send the wolf crawling back into the voice with it's tail between it's legs. Rugged hands gripped the soil as Black tried to lift himself from the Earth. From the corners of his eyes he could witness the ivory fangs of his enemy as it shook it's head recovering from being dazed and confused upon impact. It staggered about with it's paws clawing at wild uncoordinated angles before it slowly crept towards Black, still ridiculously tired. 

Black himself found that he could only manage to crawl towards his foe, seeking to deliver a sharp strike but his sword art failed to activate and he simply rested his elbow on the earth, driven to the point of exhaustion. 

"I can't die here...not like this..I have to press on. I have to keep fighting!"

Spoiler

ID-106879

BD- 1

MD- 2

Starving Wolf: 44/100 HP 30 DMG

Edited by Black