[F-01 PP] (Hestia, Black) Precious Gems <<The third lesson, is just as free>>

The frail teen had wobbled her legs in the chair in  squeamish manner. She wore an olive and tan robe and had purple hair tied up like a librarian. Light pigmented freckles dotted her face and she dipped her head down in shame. "S-so you see Thomas had planned to propose to his wife at the festival tomorrow. He ordered the rings weeks ago, but the caravan never arrived with the gemstone. " Her beady eyes begin to look nervously to the side. 

Black could sense the disappointment in her voice. He seemed concerned and wishes to help out. "Sounds like a real dilemma." Black states, though the way he says it it was as id he wasn't sure if that, given the state of affairs with players dying, this seemed like a first world issue. "How can we help?"

The nervous Artisan looks guilty and brings her hands to her lap. "W-well...I had paid some scouts to try to find locations with a suitable gemstone, but the only one that matches is found in this dark and spooky cave. It's just northwest of town. Near the river Koros." She says as she stands up, pointing to the map located on her wall. " But they say a creature protects the gem....a mighty golem...strong enough to slay many adventurers...it stores energy in the core , which it uses for a powerful first strike. It's just like getting hit with pent up energy that has been sitting for days." 

@Hestia

Spoiler

107112 LD-4 Gather Fail 

Edited by Black

I stretch my arms upwards towards the sky as i lean against a tree with a smile on my face as i enjoy the beautiful weather as i look upwards towards the sky and more importantly the various leaves that create this beautiful pattern of light filtering through them to hit the ground as a gentle breeze rustles the leaves and creates new and different patches of light in different places. My familiar at my side enjoying the lazy moment he can get of just relaxing as i enjoy it just as much since so far everything has been rather relaxed and amazing in terms of just being able to do these simple quests rather than the higher ranking ones that would require some actual work. 'I'm certain that Jomei and the others can take care of themselves they are big frontliners.' I think to myself hoping that the others like Domarus or Pinball wouldn't do something stupid like Stryder tried to do in facing Blood Bane possibly by himself.

Black frowned at the idea of a beast that could store up power to shattered newbies in an instant. "Great, having my skull crushed by a Golem...just the way I always wanted to go out." He rebuffed with a smirk. He rested his lightning themed gloves on the side of her desk where many lanterns and books lied. " Alright, so let me make sure I got this straight.  I need to beat up a big shiny rock...just so we can get a little shiny rock?" Black looked off to the side like this was the dumbest mission he ever heard. 

"Well, I guess I'm hunting pebbles. He states, dragging up his finger to the menu and accepting the quest. " Yep. I went from a Fireteam Leader of Marines to a pebble peddler. And they say it's hard for veterans to find a job after leaving the service. " He laughed. 

He grabbed his coat and trinkets, wearing casual clothes and headed out the door. 

As soon as he was outside, there the Wolf was, staring at him like a predatory hunter. Black winced back like he had done something wrong before noticing Hestia by the tree. 

"So can you tell me more about everyone attending the summit you mentioned earlier? " He asked as he noticed some mushroom growing nearby that he had to collect. 

@Hestia

Spoiler

107148 LD-14 +(3) = 17 - Success

Total T1 Mats gathered: 1 

Edited by Black

I glance towards the side to look towards Black offering a small smile towards the man as i push myself away from the tree as i shake my head from one side to the other at the question that has been presented to me. I haven't done that summit thing just yet their had been some loose ends that needed to be dealt with first, and more importantly getting everyone to come together is surprisingly more difficult when sometimes you have to figure out how to get in contact with them. Especially when some refuse to answer messages or are just natural enemies with the other, and than comes the part i need to find who crafters and soon to be fighters for the frontlines actually are so i can invite them also. Since all i know are just the usual frontliners you know? I say in a questioning tone towards the player as i walk over towards him with my familiar having remained where he was looking stubborn and not wanting to move as i give a glance back towards him and gives a playful grin. No. Come on Kuro we're going we need to make sure that my apprentice stays safe. I say towards him as he lets out a low growl as he slowly gets back up onto his feet and walk over towards me then looking up. No you don't get a treat for that you get the knowledge you'll be saving a life isn't that treat enough? I ask him as he flaps his wings twice at me as i pout at that. Greedy little lion. I say in a playful tone towards him.

Black seeing Hestia so peaceful made him want to sit down and relax and enjoy a nap alongside her and her lazy lion. However, judging by how dark the bloodlust seemed to appear in the Wolf's intimidating eyes, Black considered he should probably take the wild beast hunting as the way it was licking it's mouth at Hestia was a bit....disturbing. 

"No, you can't eat her. She's a good friend. We'll feed you the orange ones." He joked as he leaned down to pet the wolf but it just growled in response, bearing it's fangs. "Ooookay...so you don't like to be touched. " Blacl blinked, surprised his familiar was being a jerk to him. He smirked and then grabbed a treat from his pack. "How about this then? " Black beamed to the Wolf glaring at him with hungry eyes. "Hmm...I think since you just want to show off your fangs to everyone. I'm just going to call you Kiba." He smiled warmly at the beast. 

Kiba didn't seem to care much for Black, and was busy using those fangs to chomp on treats. 

"Crafters are important. Perhaps protecting and investing in the second generation of crafters is necessary incase any of the first generation should fall in battle. Could you imagine life without Macradon's shop or that food place Neo has? What if anything happened to the owner of Everyday Miracles? Players go missing every week, Hestia. We have got to have contingencies set in place." Black buffs lightly as he accessed his menu when Hestia mentioned safety and started to head towards the outskirts of what was a rather creepy looking cave. He snagged  a final batch of herbs before looking at the cave warily. 

@Hestia

ID- 107152 LD- 16 

Total Mats gathered: 2 

Edited by Black

I just shrug my shoulders ever so slightly when hearing that having to protect the future crafting knowing that such a thing is the hardest thing ever just because nobody can force others to take on a profession that they won't want to do. Well when it comes down to it Black it is had to say to protect the future of crafters since people will do what they want, but i try my best to help those that need it and thus i protect those that way. When it comes to crafting itself i am certain if people asked frontliners with help in that regard they would be willing to offer up some mats they have in excess like my friend itzal loves to do. he offers to pay for something in COL or mats for players who could need some help with such things. I say towards Black with a nod of my head as i continue moving forward out of the park to head towards the destination for this quest.

Black is unmoving at her level of apathy, though his mind was stewing. 'Are people really that pissed off that they couldn't come together and achieve a common goal?' Black closed his eyes in silence. "Sounds like classic Darwinism to me. The next generation will adapt and evolve after learning of the mistake of the former. The descent of empires. One day I will teach you about the age of decadance. In games that gets sped up quite fast. However, philosophers and historian as well as well learned soldiers are aware...there is a cycle that repeats every two hundred and fifty years. Which is the average lifespan of most empires. "

He informs as he walks forth with his menu opened as he selects his sets of gear, wearing his Ruby Armor, and two Japanese styled curved swords on his backpack. The hits were strapped to the pack. As he arrives at the end of lit path to the cave he whispers.

"The battleline of darkness lies in the heart of everyman. It is just with one small step, " Black says as he begins to take a step in the abyss, his stats lowering by -1 ACC "That humankind descends into darkness."

The left sword of the wandering Ronin's sword would begin to crackle and pop with electric energy within the dark cavern. "To make darkness conscious..." Black demurred as he brought out both of his swords..thundering blades that let out a loud metal slicing sound as he unsheathed them. "Is to turn shadow into light. " 

As they wander inside Black imparts a few words. 

"We can forgive a child who is a fraud of the dark. However, the real tragedy is when men are afraid of the light." 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

it's more so that people are less pissed and more so thinking the mentality of that we were able ot get where we were with hard work, so it should entirely be possible for you guys to get to where we are entirely safely without issues because of that simple fact as well. Plus when it comes to crafting it as far as i have been able to see always been a scarce market by the end that we focus on the players and there strengths in trying to support them rather than the idea of crafters buffing people up. I say honestly with a small shrug as i know that i am definitely not a leading information source upon what i had just said from having never payed attention to the crafting work force for frontlines or players in general. having always just stuck to the gear i've needed from Macradon and nothing else besides the one time i needed to go to Shield and Domarus about some items to help me in my own crafting. And yeah this cave is a bit dark, but shouldn't be too bad all things considered i'm certain with how well your paralyzation of enemies been going you'll kill it like every other time. I say confidently towards Black.

Black, having already had a dark skin complexion, naturally faded into the darkness seconds early than others normally would. The cavern was dark and dank and water droplets would drip from the ceiling, pelting the players on the shoulder who entered. Inside there were old abandoned wagons with cobwebs on them. "These look as if they've been deserted for years..old mining tunnel? " Black squinted as there was a small sign near a cracked torchlight. Black had to open his menu and use a little bit of the lighting to make out what it says. "Golem's Lair. Keep out. To enter is to meet death itself. "

Black wrinkled his nose at that and chose to open his menu and select his <<Potion of Safeguard>> . He held the bottle by it's neck as he crept through the shadows. Despite his attempts yo be lightfooted, the game engine wouldn't recognize this and his every stepped sounded like a man in clunky iron walking through a cavern with great acoustics . " So much for noise discipline. " Black states with a sour expression as the tunnel leads on further. As they venture onward, the tunnel opens into a large circular room. "Welp. Classic mini boss room. " Black pauses as he drinks his potion of Safeguard. He winced in disgust. "Ugh...bitter." Shaking his head, he looks to the empty vial as it disintegrates. 

He walks into the center of the room, but doesn't see anything. "What the hell...did other players already kill it already? " Black pouted as he went over to lean to a wall out of boredom. 

His toenails pecked at the dirt until a large gem glented within the wall like a cyclops and suddenly the wall sprouted arms and crashed against Black with enough force to flip over an eighteen wheeler. However, Black would be enshrouded in a light blue assortment of polygons that had protected him from the blow. Black jumped back to cast an evading swipe that missed due to the dim lighting at the wall that sprouted into a golem pulling itself from the wall and shrieking at him. 

The showdown had begun as Black faced the beast with his weapons at the ready. 

Spoiler

ID- 107168 

BD- 6 MD-9

Miss 

Black H:1 | 280/280 HP | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | 18 THN | 2 PARA | 1 TNT | | 1 REC

Golem: 20 HP 5 DMG

Edited by Black

I walk alongside black through the dark cavern at a relaxed pace not feeling any pressure or anything to help all that much in terms of the battle that is to come remembering it in rather great detail that it was an easy fight no matter what way i had looked at it. That my thorns armor was able to tear through the thing, and maybe i had gotten even a bit lucky with one or two hits though that seeming much more unlikely from what little i can remember of the past back when i first started in terms of a positive track record in trying to hit something. I just smile ever so slightly at every little comment that Black makes about the cave while walking through it finding the commentary at least somewhat amusing as i look towards him. So than you planning of knocking all these quests out in a singular day? I ask curiously what he expects to achieve in terms of a timeframe for these quests.my question quickly being proceeded by a golem made of crystals rising up and beginning the fight with an attack that hit the safeguard.

Black begins to wonder how on earth he had missed the large gargantuan behemoth that clambered out of the wall to wreak total mayhem upon him. The game's detection system didn't seem to pick it up. Black began to realize that he had not put any points into any detection based skills. That could pose a problem for large or smaller hidden targets with more assassin like qualities. He could stumble upon a slithery serpent that could strike him with heavy damage and a potion that may ignore his mitigation and possibly paralyze him. The idea stormed through his mind as he entered a rage. He refused to die here. With a strike of his sword against his left sword, his blade siphoned the paralytic energy into one swipe as electricity surged through the enemy, as he dashed, the spectral ghoulish spirit wolf fused with the sword into the blow as the golem rocked around in a daze. "If I can, yes. I can't slack. Especially with the conditions of things up top." Black would grunt as he slides out his blade from the golem's stoney armor. 

@Hestia

Spoiler

6f7d345f6329f0a06bd5379736defb76.png

DMG= (5 +1) x 2 = 12 + Para 

Black H:3 | 280/280 HP | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | 18 THN | 2 PARA | 1 TNT | | 1 REC

Golem: 8/20 HP 5 DMG

Edited by Black

I nod my head in understanding at that knowing the whole motivation for trying to grind through quests remembering trying to do so all by myself many a time back when i had first started and surprisingly managed to do so successfully with barely any issue when doing solos through many of the quests that the lower floors could offer to me. I watch as the health points of the golem just drop rather quickly from a sword attack which is to be suspected since it is still a new quest and the mob doesn't have much HP. 'Though in the end seeing that blade be put to use and for it to give out so much results is absolutely amazing really. It's really different.' I think to myself with a slight smile at seeing my gear get used for rather surprising results. I glance away from the golem suspecting that it will die sooner rather than later most likely with how things are ending up. Well i'll be here as moral support through them than since i don't got much going on today really, and you kinda are my responsibility to make sure that you stay alive. Plus if anything it is nice to talk to you about what's been going on from my lens of Aincrad.

Black would begin to feel his body wobble and rock as he stand atop the Golem when in springs to life. He prepares to make a follow up strike, but the forces of gravitational pulls subdue him as b attempted a forceful stab into the beasts skull to finish it off. 

His body plummets downward as he lets out a scream from being taken by surprise. His face collides with the ground in a large thud. His body rolls over and he manages to keep both of his weapons clenched in his hand. The Golem's mighty par comes hurling down and slams down completely over the samurai. Waves of dust jut out from the beasts palm as it looked like, from the outside at least, that the samurai was brutally murdered by a two ton beast. However, thanks to this being a digital world, it was the Golem that shattered in response, leaving behind an emerald jewel. Black groaned as he tried to get up after the blow. "Well...thanks for the moral support." He huffed after considering the fact he just got almost slammed to death but rolled away and came out unscathed. 

Spoiler

993500b2e4d96159594310716801321f.png

Black takes 1 DMG. 

Black H:3 | 279/280 HP | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | 18 THN | 2 PARA | 1 TNT | | 1 REC

Golem: 8/20 HP 5 DMG

Edited by Black

Sorry for not helping, but i kinda just want you to face these challenges by yourself unless you are getting into something that might just be out of your league to do just yet. Since if i helped in every fight it would be over in a singular strike against the enemy and that would be the end of it. Plus i do believe in the whole idea that doing the work yourself make sit a lot more satisfying in seeing the enemy get taken down. i say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head as the fight ends successfully. I walk over towards Black and gives a encouraging pat on the shoulder with a small smile. Also by the way seriously how do you keep getting those paralyzing attacks? You do it like once every fight guaranteed that is the best luck i have ever seen ever during my time within this game. What are you some kind of cheat genie thing? I say jokingly towards the player as i than take a small step back to give personal space.

Calloused fingers dug through the gravel and biceps flexed as Black pushes himself from the soil of the cavern. He could barely make out Hestia’s face, but he could hear the words of her voice. He swung and missed, but ducked a massive blow from the golem and allowed Hestia’s words to sink in. His fingers dusted off his digital skin as he walked over to Hestia. He chuckled lightly. "You ain't gotta apologize Hestia. Hell, if you held my hand, I think I'd be even more offended. Marines aren't raised that way. " He smirked confidently at the woman. Though most of the training he had in life didn't transfer completely into any in-game skills, he did hold intangible traits of the makings of a good warrior. As he listened to her next words for him, he leaned down and picked up the gemstone. "You know..a lot of people killed each other over things like this...and oil..crazy, huh? " He then smiles warmly at Hestia. "Well, legend has it..when I was a little boy I used to stick forks in the electrical socket and gained these awesome superpowers. " He smirks teasingly. "Or maybe it was the he was struck by lightning story...I can never tell." Black laughed as the spirit wolf lifted from the electrical charge of his blade and became an electrical cloud image of a wolf next to him. "The truth is...I was deployed by the military as part of an elite band of operatives to gain info on Kayaba and help save humanity. I have the world's best intel operatives hacking the system and giving me small buffs, but not too big that Kayaba might notice." He said looking to Hestia with a serious expression. He then shrugs and says, "At least legend says, anyway."  As he begins to search the area for anything useful opting for his LD gear. 

@hestia

Spoiler

ID- 107229 

0f5c9c51305ddd19247d07357651a118.png

BD-4 MD-3 

Miss and Miss 

Edited by Black

I start laughing at the strict seriousness of everything that is said for the reason why Revial is deciding to work with Twilight Shadow for once to actually paralyze the enemies as i take the air that i can get into my system while looking straight towards you with a grin on my face. Black you're funny man don't change. Seriousness plus ridiculous statement always creates comedy and you nailed it without breaking even a smile. I say towards the player sounding entirely amused and rather happy with everything as i than glance back towards the entrance and nods my head. Well we should head back towards the main settlement if we wait any longer we might have to do the fourth lesson quest while it is night outside and i don't know about you. But i don't like walking in the dark where something can jump and surprise me while walking in total blackness. I say towards Black with a nod of my head as i start making my way out of the cave to head back towards the surface and more importantly the main settlement the Town of beginning.

Black swung and missed and the Golem hit him activiting thorns and died. Black let out a smirk as he walked up to Hestia who was cracking up at his antics. He enjoyed the ambiance of laughter and carefree moments. He knew they were scarce so he tried to make the best of every opportunity. "Maybe Performers don't just have talents in the game for music..maybe it boosts comedy skills as well. Ever think of that? Comedy club. Maybe even do abridged reenactments of our favorite shows and movies." He smirked. 

He then listened to Hestia and quickly agreed. "Yeah, we should get the hell outta dodge before something ends up sucker punching me again like that Golem. Did you see that thing? It just climbed out of the wall! Freaking looking mother******...I wish I had my rockey launcher...would have tore it's freaking face off." Black announces as he clenches his fist in front of him with his palms facing toward himself and a wicked grin creased upon his lips. He tried to investigate these glowing mushrooms and see if they would yield any valuable resources along the way. His nature as a scavenger was clearly apparent. 

@Hestia

Spoiler

54390d73595348371b78776ef67d0e5d.png

BD- 1 - Miss 
MD-8 

-1 HP to Black . -18 HP to Golem. 

Black H:3 | 278/280 HP | 5 DMG | 30 MIT | 18 THN | 2 PARA | 1 TNT | | 1 REC

Golem: 0/20 HP 5 DMG

Edited by Black

I nod my head with a smile as i make my way out of the cave  and quickly leaves it since it wasn't too horrible in trying to get inside of it in the first place. I make my way through the area at a rather relaxed pace with you as i listen to what you say and chuckles slightly as i can imagine the explosion that would follow from such a rather dazzling experience. Well maybe after this game if the market for virtual reality survives shooter games do seem to be a rather popular genre you know? Though..in all honesty if the virtual reality market survives after this than i don't know how that is even possible since people will only think of another SAO which is accompanied with just flat out death. I say rather bluntly with a small sigh knowing that if the market wasn't most likely going to die that the sheer fact of how useful this technology is would've been absolutely amazing and useful for learning and people who are immobilized to experience the world and to finally just live life. It only takes one bad experience to poison something that could've been amazing.

Once they headed out,  The sounds from behind him got louder as it seemed the golem had respawned, but was no where near them to be concerned about whether to engage it or not. "Hm...I guess low level tutorial quests would have a high refresh rate on the mobs. People would be waiting forever just to get out of the beginner zone. " He says after slinging his pack on his shoulder and keeping up the pace with Hestia's steady gait. 

He then hears her speak about the possibility of escaping the game and then the potential for virtual reality mmo experiences. "Goodness...could you imagine...I'd be able to put all my skills into motion and probably get taking out by some call of duty nerd doing a three sixty no scope...or some shitty camper! " Black shook his head and kept walking. "That would be a pretty dope game. I love paintball and laser tag. So, I imagine it'd be similar. Isn't that kind of interesting how games condition people to think it's fun to shoot each other...even little kids? I never thought about it, but when you're older to start to see things through a different lens." He says as he looks through the evening sky. "We still got daylight left. Let's keep moving so we can turn everything in." Black says as they make their way back to the Artisan, scavenging along the way. 

Spoiler

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I nod my head a bit solemnly about the reality of how some games if one put them in the correct lighting or just thought about them from a certain perspective are just methods to train kids to be part of actual wars when the time would come for them to fight if they got drafted. With Paintball and video games usually getting such a wrap for easily being put into that light with video games more so than anything else due to the fact video games usually get blamed for anything and everything possible if given the time for such stuff.  Well we can only hope that actual kids won't take such knowledge and use that for evil like the news stations like to say video games do. But yeah lets just get back to the main settlement. I say with a nod of my head as i travel through the plains of the first floor to head straight towards the town of beginnings to end this quest to complete the fourth quest by the end of the day. 'which should in theory put Black ahead by a good few levels and allow him to tank some hits and protect some new players if he manages to find people to help out.' I think to myself with a rather happy smile.