[F-01 PP] (Hestia, Black)<< The Fourth Lesson is actually free>>

The NPC Artisan girl had been seen later and stopped them on their way back. “Wait. If you're headed back…might I trouble you for one more request?” The woman gulped as she smiled nervously hoping the two young adventurers would aid here once more.

“You again?” Black scratches the rough beard on his face and crosses his arms. “Oh right, almost forgot. I guess you are the one that gives the next part of the quest.” The man pauses looking at his current level. He was level 15. “Well, I guess better now than never. I will be over leveled for it if I take it any later. “

He then nods to the woman, giving her his undivided attention. “How can I be of service?”

Hannah then perks up with a bright smile looking cheerful as she brings out a notebook and flips through the pages. “Ah, yes, here we are.” She clears her throat before reading and takes a moment to adjust her glasses. “I need you to deliver some goods to this fisherman that goes by the name of Ol’ Pete. “ She things points north of the river. “If you follow the river. It should lead to a large lake. He's been wanting a quality fishing pole. Could you please bring this to him? It's used for catching large fish.”

Black looks rather intrigued. “Fish? Oh that means seafood and sushi. Count me in! “

@Hestia

Spoiler

Level 15 | 300 HP| 30 EN | +3LD  Basic Shirt | 18 THN 1 REC | 5 DMG 

Note: Started Quest at LVL 15

Edited by Black

I grin ever so slightly at hearing the mention of the fishing finale of the quest as i can only be glad that the end of this basic quest series is over with soon enough. 'Since i can finally get involved with some of the fights possibly depending on how Black ends up putting his points into things.' I think to myself with a slight shrug of my shoulders as i ponder to myself as i look down towards my familiar that is once more trying to lay around and do nothing as i roll my eyes in ever so slight amusement at that fact with a smile on my face as i nod my head. I get down onto one knee and slowly and affectionately starts petting my familiar's head as i run my hand through the soft fur as i say in a soft and loving voice towards him. We're almost done with the day Kuro. It's this quest and then we're heading on back home and you can rest and relax within the comfort of Kimi's mansion. I say towards Kuro in a soft tone of voice as he lets out a low rumbling sound from his throat as i just nod my head in a satisfied manner.

Black begins to get excited to complete the fourth lesson quest as he takes the fishing reel. "Oh, hell yeah! I'm fired up! I love fishing! Goodness, I hope we get to buy or cook some fish on the way back! " Black grins wide, showing his gluttonous side. "I think this calls for a snack break! He says as he begins to access his inventory and access a steak and cheese sandwich. He held out an extra one for Hestia. " Not sure if you're anti meat or anything...but it's digital if that's any consolation. " He laughs. 

"Alright, it's time to dominate. But these quests give a lot of experience. Think it is time for me to pick up howl or maybe not now? Is that more of a tier 2 skill? I hear that is when parties are important. I don't want to pick up a taunt skill too early when I have a taunt weapon. I have like 39 mitigation right now. " Black says as he checks his stats. 

Kiba follows close behind, keeping a vigilant and predatory prowl. He's been assuming his lava form and occasionally stopped to drink from the river. "The AI of familiars are pretty neat. " Black comments and he notices the lake in the distance. 

@Hestia

I nod my head in understanding as i listen to that as i take the food that you give me without any hesitation and begins to eat it with a rather happy smile upon my face as i glance towards the side to you. Well considering you have a taunt weapon i think you'll be fine without howl for the moment. You should stick to putting stats into your familiar, or if you've maxed that already out than go into Heavy armor buffing up that. Do that if you're focusing on the tanking aspect cause with that you can focus on survivability first to make sure that you don't die from taking too much of the heat from your allies you know? I say towards Black with a nod of my head as i glance between teh familiars be it lightning wolf or flying lion with wings the duo are serving the same purpose. I smile slightly at the weirdness of how the game can just make logic for that to happen even if it seems like it doesn't at points try to make sense for such decisions. If you ever need some pointers on Katana i can try to see if i can ask the two katana users that i know if they would be willing to help you out. Both of them are busy people though i imagine, but i'll try to see if either have the time of day. I say to you honestly as i can only think of two Katana users.

Black seems deeply satisfied that someone else enjoyed his cooking. He wondered how the rations on the frontlines tastes. He then looked to Hestia as she spoke about what plans would be optimal for his endeavor. "Yeaaah, I don't need to go all John Basilone and cover everyone myself taking on hundreds and having to fight so hard Revial overloads and blows up in my hand." He peers out towards the shore of the lake and attempts to find some oysters before returning. " I got Kiba back there all maxed out. He's been acting ...better with each rank. Obeys commands a lot better. Thankfully that's engineered into the game. " He says as he looks down to Kiba who marched beside him and stared at him. You'd think the wolf could shrug his shoulders by how he reacts. "Hmmm..Katana users? Sounds pretty rare these days then. So far I've seen two handed spears the most. Not that I think reach advantages actually matter so much in this game. Mobility and accuracy are somewhat limited by stats. Could you imagine if they had an intelligence stat? I'd actually virtually would be smart." He says as he continues strolling along. They finally reach the end and out near a boat ramp is Ol' Pete. He was wearing some blue and white overalls and a tan cap. 

"You Ol' Pete?" Black asks looking around for others. 

"What in carnation?" The fisherman shrieks before calming down . " You got to be quiet. You'll scare all the fish away, but yes, I'm Ol' Pete." 

"Scare the fish away? What are you fishing with a spear like a caveman? Hannah told me to bring you this fishing rod." Black says as he hands over the fishing rod. 

"Woooweee! Now we're going to get out and nab us some fish!" Ol' Pete hollers and he does a little jig. 

Spoiler

ID- 107231 Gathering Fail  LD-4 (+3)

Edited by Black

I chuckle ever so slightly at hearing that part as i shrug my shoulders ever so slightly as i remember when i first got Kuro myself. I think Kuro was a lot more apathetic when i first got him more so than anything else. As time went on though he has been a lot more social which i am rather happy about since he is my precious little companion at all times. I say with a very happy tone of voice as i look down towards Kuro that gives me a blank look and flaps his wings twice as i just nod my head. Also, yeah Katana users are one of the rarest things ever but i feel like they could be just as viable if people wanted diversity more so than anything else. Baldur and my friend Ryo are both katana users and i've seen both kick as much butt as any other DPS of their calibur. I say sounding very confident in my claims as i nod my head in remembrance of Ryo clearing out a entire enemy squadron and Baldur keeping up with Beat in the boss raid seemingly.

I look towards the old man that is the NPC and chuckles softly at the way that he is speaking as i glance towards Black before nodding my head in my decision. You'll be going out on that boat yourself Black i'll remain right here on the beach of this lake and enjoy seeing you fish up that swordfish and than proceed to kill it with paralyze or thorns or both most likely. I say with a confident nod of my head.

Black enjoyed the discussions about their pets as she watched Hestia smile while thinking back unto her first memories of adventures with Kuro. Black found it easy somehow to understand Kuro of all beasts being apathetic. Kiba on the other hand...it was as if he had a mind of his own. He often strayed off then would come back later when he wanted. If he was upset, he'd make it easily known. He was an aggressive wolf, that was for sure. Even now he was casting a cold stare at the fisherman.

“Baldur and Ryo huh...sound like pretty cool guys. I hope they are safe out there. They probably do a lot of traveling. Most katana users can be pretty adventurous people. Always searching for something. “ He commented.

“And today we search for fish. I might need you to help me reel it in. Tonight….we're after THE BIG ONE!” The old timer hooted, despite the fact he told them to quiet down.

“The big one?” The brown skinned swordsman repeated.

“No, you got to say it like this..haven't you young kids got energy? “ He asked as he inhaled then cheered. “THE BIG ONE!” looking at them both expectantly before Black was allowed to hop on his boat.

“THE BIG ONE, YEAH!” Black shouted a bit confused , then looked to Hestia and shrugged. “I guess I'm going after the big one then." Black says as he boards the boat. "Stay with Hestia, Kiba." Black instructs as he waves them goodbye. 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I nod my head ever so slightly as i think on the two players as i than fully start nodding as i think even more about it. yeah i can see Ryo being the whole finding adventure type person but more so in ways to try and become the hero that he wants to be. For Baldur i can straight up imagine him as this bad*** wandering samurai just doing quests and trying to be helpful to any players that he comes across. I say after some thought about the details i know of the two players that i rarely interact with as is. I than chuckle softly at the fisherman's rather interesting antics as i chuckle softly and sits upon the shore toward the lake as i take off my shoes and socks and puts my feet into the nice cold water with a refreshing happy sigh of relief to enjoy the feeling of the water against them. My familiar laying right by my side while keeping a death stare on the wolf known as kiba having picked up on its aggressive behavior and wanting to make sure he could defend his master if need be.

Black began to stick his feat into the boat and slowly sit doen as the boat rocked back and forth once the pot bellied fisher started to come in. A long pause ensued while both men just sat there until the old geezer through his hand over to the oars. "Well, don't just sit there youngin'! Get rowing! You got to burn off that young energy!" He crowed as he leaned his head back and enjoyed the comforts of a sandwich. 

Black scoffed in an amused manner then began to put a hand on each oar, slowly setting off on a course to the middle of the lake. He watched as Kiba and Kuro seemed to be locked on a deathmatch staring contest, neither if which giving up much ground and smirked at the headache Hestia would have to put up with. He called out to her. "Hey, Hestia, think I'm lucky enough to catch this fish on the first try?" He smirked rowing even harder. "We can place bets. I'm thinking 1000 Col sounds good." He chimes. 

He'd listen for her response and laugh no matter how she replied. Once they got to the center of the water the old man pulled out his fishing rod and said. "Hand me that bait over there." Black looked around for the ice chest between his leg and helped the man put the bait on the hook. The old fisherman tossed that line as far out as a quarterback throwing a hail mary. Black whistled and then sat back down. 

After a few seconds, the line began to tug! "Holy hell! Look at it go! Hurry! Grab it before it snaps my reel in half!" Black stormed up to his feet and him and the man dang near fell out the boat they were reeling so hard. Sure enough, the Swordfish leaped out of the sea and seemed like it was going to nosedive and spear black straight in the gut. 

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID- 107238 CD-7 (Swordfish found!) 

Edited by Black

I chuckle at the words that i hear coming from Black as i shake my head no at the question being offered towards me as i already know the answer for myself. No way in hell am i betting against your luck Black! I am taking no fool's bets! I yell over towards Black with a smile as i lay back down in the grass as i glance between the familiar's as i look towards Kuro and put my hand on his muzzle atop of it with a look. Shhh. No need to glare at Kiba. I say towards him as he does so anyway as i just sigh softly knowing that has to be part of the fact that he is a lion and thus a beast of pride and honor that demands to be the top of whatever area he is in at points probably. I watch as Black eventually gets towards the middle of the lake and then rather quickly as the swordfish comes out right away as i shake my head in amusement having guessed that would be the case.

Black begins to unsheathe his blades in a quick steady motion as he watched the majestic swordfish leap out of the water like a dolphin. The hook was still hanging out of it's mouth as it flailed from side to side. It had large white eyes on both sides of it's head and a long sharp nose that was pointed directly at Black. Time seemed to slow as the boat rocked back and forth, his Assault headband glimmered in the light as he enjoyed the chance to see how the boost in accuracy would test out. However, his blade seemed to be off course. He inhaled slowly then focused his energy tapping into his [Concentrate] ability to curve his sword through the sword fishes fin. 'Kwik!' The sword fish embedded itself into Black's chest, flailing about as it took damage from the thorns of Black's armor. Black grunted as he saw his life force decrease over his hud.

@Hestia

Spoiler

2270a7ca37f73b828b15819621767cd7.png
BD- 2 (+3) [Gear] (+1) [Concentrate] = Hit
-10 HP to swordfish

MD=8 = Hit
- 11HP to Black -18 HP to Swordfish

LVL 15 289/300 HP 5 DMG / 18 Thorns / 39 MIT/ 3 ACC / 3 DMG/ 1 REC / 29/30 Energy
7/35 HP/  5 DMG 

Edited by Black

I vaguely here the sound of something heavy smacking against a metal object as i chuckle knowing the result of that most likely with how Black's luck usually ends up being as i can guess the mob died or it is on the verge of dying one of the two. 'I wonder how i should set up my concert though? What floor would be the best acoustically for me...hmmmm probably not floor twenty one that is a cave so i would have to worry about echoes way to much. But that could be useful also since i don't have a microphone or sound systems. The floor would have to have nice weather always to avoid any sort of bad weather like getting rained out or such a thing. I would also need help trying to figure out what is even appropriate to wear to such an event. Probably just my casual clothes really i shouldn't need to wear anything special if i got everything right.' I think to myself idly planning for one of my goals to try and complete it at some point.

Black begins to stare down the swordfish in a massive fury as his left hand grabs a hold of the fishes swordlike appendage. His right hand focuses on a clean cut straight down the middle of the fish as it splits in half and shatters, leaving behind an item. The sparkling dust returns the beast's soul o the sea as the old fisherman dances for joy. "Wooowee! Ya done did it youngin' Ol' Papa Pete is gonna eat good!" He rocks side to side swinging his arms in front of him. "Oh yes, we can skin it and have us a big 'ol fish fry..I've got to go invite my boy Cleetus." Ol' Pete smiles to Black. "Thank you, young warrior, you're a damn good fisherman!" 

"Thanks, I learned a lot from my dad." Black beams with delight as the red hole in his chest slowly starts to fade away. "Now that that's settled, we should be heading back now."

@Hestia

Spoiler

490ac66d76bc4edd27788201b1b6881d.png
BD 3 (+3) = 6 = HIT 5 X 2 = 10

- 10 HP Swordfish
LVL 15 289/300 HP 5 DMG / 18 Thorns / 39 MIT/ 3 ACC / 3 DMG/ 1 REC / 29/30 Energy
0/35 HP/  5 DMG 

Edited by Black

I slowly get up off of the ground and looks back towards the boat as it slowly starts to head back towards the shoreline as i smile rather happily as i glance towards Kiba seeing the staring contest still happening as i sigh softly and gets up onto my feet. 'i wonder if these two are ever going to end up fighting if me and Black aren't keeping a close enough eye on the two.' I wonder to myself for a ever brief moment before i focus more so on the more important fact of Black getting to the land as i look down towards the lake as a thought drifts into my mind. 'I mean...i do have fishing.' I think to myself with an amused smile as i sit down upon the ground and activates the fishing skill as a fishing rod appears in my hand as i quickly try an attempt at fishing. I swing the rod outwards as it goes into the lake and quickly gets pulled downwards after awhile of waiting as i slowly reel in the fish myself as i smile rather happily as i see three more mats appear into my inventory.

#107242 CD:9 3 T1 materials

Black began to row the oars as the old man rested his head back. "I think I'll take a little nap." The old man yawns as he stretches his arms out and reclines back in boat, kicking his feet up and grabbing a beer. "Yep, you did alright, youngster...maybe one day you can learn that fishing skill and come back out here and catch some fish with your good buddy Ol' Pete. I'll show you the ropes." The fisherman nodded his head toward Black before tipping his straw hat down and resting his palms over his belly. 

Seconds later, the old man would start snoring as Black put back on his LD gear, removing his headband and began to row to shore. He put his hands on the Fisherman's thigh and shook him."Hey, wake up we're here." 

"THE BIG ONE!" Ol' Pete yelped as he swung his fishing pole up and smacked Black in the nose, causing him to flip over into the water. 

@Hestia

Edited by Black

I blink as i watch Black get woken up by getting slapped by a fishing pole as i just burst out into laughing as i hold my side while laughing at the ridiculous of that just happening out of nowhere as i try to quickly gain control over that while having a giggling fit as i gaze towards the figure of Black getting out of the water as i grin like a Cheshire cat while looking at him. So than you enjoy your little swim? I ask in a amused tone of voice as i walk over towards the player and offer my hand to help you out of the water. My familiar still glaring daggers towards Kiba with a fierce look just waiting for the lightning dog to do something. SO than besides being drowned like a rat in the water lets get you out of here so we can get this quest completed and finally head home. It's like super late and i am starting to feel tired so getting some z's might be rather nice you know?

A loud ‘Thawk’ emanated from the black skinned fishers face. A big red imprint was left along the side and all of a sudden all black could see was water and little fish swimming in front of his face and trying to eat whatever little things they could find. Other fish evaded him and opted to move around the large black anamoly that had invaded their waters. Air bubbles floated up and Black accidentally breathed in the water. Except...maybe he didn't? Of course it was digital water in a virtual game, but he did have an oxygen meter appear in his hud. He squinted at it with concern and started to wonder. ‘Could I actually drown to death in a virtual game?’

He then shook his head and rose up to hear Hestia cackling at him. “This is crappy. Everything feels cold. I need to go warm up soon. I'm with you on that. “ He says as Kiba growls at Kuro, before seeing Black and darting over, this time shifting form to a water elemental wolf.

@Hestia

I nod my head in understanding as i help you out of the water with a nod of my head as i glance back towards the direction of the main settlement of the floor as i start to quickly make my way into that direction to get us towards somewhere that could actually be warm, and not at all threateningly and trying to kill us in some manner be it player killer or otherwise. My familiar lets out a quick growl towards the dog known as Kiba that is displaying traits of being a water elemental before quickly following me back towards the main settlement the lion with wings flying through the air while trying to seemingly have this regal air about himself. Myself forgetting entirely the end of the quest still needing to happen with the old man giving out the snack item in question to be used within the future whenever it could actually be needed if one was down and didn't have any accuracy items or was low on energy.

Black smiles appreciatively as she offered him a hand. His shoes were caked in mud. "Oh, damn..not my kicks! Those were fresh out the box!" Black frowned as his shoes looked more like mud slippers than actual sneakers. He kissed his teeth with an annoyed expression. "I special ordered those from one of the tailors on floor six." Black pouted as he shook his head. Black waddle walked behind Hestia as he wanted get to safety as quick as possible. He enjoyed her caring about his security. "I'm glad we got to clear everything this far. I should be pretty safe on the lower floors for now I think." The Marine stated as he walked beside Hestia. Kiba was keeping a steady pace behind them, looking around and checking out the scenery. "So, I think we should get some rest here pretty soon. I'm not sure what tomorrow has in store yet. The Ichiban will be open any day now. You should come visit." He said as he grabbed a few berries for the road. 
@Hestia

8b7af0aa3c1382f2824663859e7728fb.png

Total T1 Mats gathered: 1

Edited by Black

I nod my head at that as i look towards Black with a smile on my face and a thumbsup towards the man. I'll make sure to check out the Ichiban for all of my cooking needs if Neo doesn't get to it first for when we need to have some raid buffs distributed as quickly as possible. Cause man having that accuracy buff and evasion stuff is useful for our DPS and supports to keep them alive. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my neck at that thought and chuckling even more at the thought of a tank using a evasion buff for whatever reason. Btw when you get to tier two i am certain i can pull up some of my old gear once more to give to you if it remains with the current build that you had in mind, but if you rather not i can understand since i'm certain Macradon will be able to give a lot better more specific what you need type of stuff. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head at that.