[PP-F-07] (Black / Hestia) Rite of Passage <<Case of Wyrms>>

The sound of gravel being dug through would fill Black's ears as all of a sudden everything grows dark. He can feel the rocks within the sand banging against his armor violently. It felt as if he were being stoned to death little by little. He tried to get his bearing and get a feel for the world around him, however his attempts would fail in combination with the disorienting blows combined with the devilish venom seeping through his veins. 'Damn it...it's trying to wear me out. I don't even know where the hell I am or what it's next move is going to be. This is bad...' Black's thoughts rang out loud like an alarm. He tried to focus on wedging his blade from out of the serpents fangs, but the beast reacted too quickly by flinging him in the air and chomping down hard on him, the venom resetting once more. 'Damn it!'

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107975 results:

Battle: 1

MOB: 9 (Venom Refreshed)

-18 DMG

-20 DMG

HP : 77/175

MIT: 45

Damage per Attack: 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Ha te and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 272/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EVA: 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 4/5 Turns]

Edited by Black
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I glance towards the name as i feel my heart drop as i watch the venom symbol appear once more as the approach towards yellow is seen as i grit my teeth in frustration as i look towards my hands wanting to interfere right now. Not wanting the fact that my apprentice could drop into the yellow actually become a reality until that dang snaky little piece of garbage gets what comes to it as i glance towards the chest and then back towards the ground. 'Don't....don't you dare die on me just after i gave you my armor.' I think to myself as i clench my fists in frustration as i take out my curved sword Harpe as i look down towards the chest with a little bit of a spiteful and hateful look within my eyes. 'Better give me something good.' I jam the blade harpe into the treasure chest and forces it open as i look towards the rewards and sighs softly at it with a saddened look. 'Isn't even anything good...stupid snake get out of the ground already so i can first aid.'

#107977 LD:10

515 COL, 3 T1 mats, 2 T1 unidentified rare consumables.

The sun burnt brilliantly in the sky as the heatwave began to scorch Black's skin. The sharp shards of sand that would have felt like sand scraped against Black's face and grains of sand began to embed themselves within the grooves of his "Lucky Devil" headband, making the symbol in Kanji Ben more bold and pronounced. The beast's fang was still stun in him as it flailed it's head right and left, flinging the swordsman again as it's jaws wrapped around the man, crushing him and dealing more damage as he back bent backwards from the blow.

His heart rate increase when out of the corner of his eye his saw some distant shadow. His nose began to wiggle as he sniffed about. His eyes bulged with delight. "Hestia!! Is that a treasure chest!" I knew I smelled Col!" Suddenly, a burst of motivation overwhelmed him. "Alright, you damn snake, no one stands between me and my precious treasure so out of my way! I'm through toying with you!" Black shouta as he rips his blade through the beast.
He then sprints over to check on the loot.

"Ohh, pretty decent haul. Now do me a favor. " He then turns to her with a dead serious expression. "I don't want you to interfere. This will be all over in a few seconds."  He said with a flash of a wicked grin, before turning around to enter combat again.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107978 results:

Battle: 10

MOB: 5

-18 HP Black

-20 HP Black

-1 HP to Wyrm

-18 HP to Wyrm

HP : 58/175 [12 DMG 2/2]

Damage per Attack : 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Ha te and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage for 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 234/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EV A: 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 3/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I look towards the dark skinned tank as i hear this words and can actually see his face despite the sandstorms trying to prevent such a thing as i sigh softly and just nods my head as i look directly at Black with a stubborn look upon my face. Fine, you can have that for now but drop into the red and i'm healing you whether you want it or not. You're in the yellow you drop to red and i'm intefering by healing i don't need my apprentice and friend dead. I say seriously towards my fellow tank as i than gesture towards the giant serpent that if i can guess from its shadowy outline looks ready to attack as i glance towards Black. Go kill that thing than Black we don't have all day for this besides i'm certain after you beat this quest you'll be excited to test out your new gear anyhow like you were when i gave you my tier one stuff for that Hoya quest. Offering a small smile towards my fellow player i than take a single step back to show physically that i am willing to wait patiently to see if things get worse or better.

Spoiler

ID# 107979 results:

Battle: 2 (+3) (-1) = 4 Miss

MOB: 4 (+1) = 5 Miss

-12 HP to Wyrm

-20 HP to Black

HP : 46/175 [12 DMG 1/2]

Damage per Attack : 70

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 214/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EV A: 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 2/5 Turns]

Hestia

Both of the strong willed warriors gazed at each other with determination and resolve. Black had his mind set to conquer this fiend using all the power that he could summon within himself. He knew that the longer the battle dragged out, the more in danger he would be. He could potentially only survive another two lethal bites depending on the timing so he had to hurry up and finish this the best way he knew how.

His boots darted through the sand as a crunch could be heard underneath every step. “Come on you son of a b****, I can't wait to turn your cold blooded a** into a new pair of boots!” Black shouted out through the sandstorm as the snake slithered through the desert sands.

The rate of speed at which it was coming was unreal. It was as if a Japanese Bullet train was zigzagging it's way towards him. Black prepared himself as he pulled his sword above his head and slashed down, but the beast burrowed itself underground once again.

‘Damn it...not this again…’ Black thought as he noticed a large boulder in the distance and began to run and climb up it for the higher ground.

Edited by Black

I rest once more upon the ground alongside my familiar having to just watch and wait patiently since Black is taking this seriously as some sort of rite of passage to try to prove to something that he is ready for the power that comes with advancing in power. 'Maybe its a marine thing. Like advancing in rank kinda.' I wonder to myself silently as i just watch the beast once more dart away underneath the ground as i just nod my head with a smile observing the opportunity to watch the AI seemingly advance by itself through different encounters. Remembering mine being just simple a very aggressive beast while it was still alive which wasn't long. 'maybe that is why i don't get to see the beginning games advanced AI i just kill them to quickly with whatever friends i am bringing with me on these quests. Though i guess the later floors are the exception since they have higher health or insane RNG in their favor.' I think to myself as i shake my head quickly to dismiss the memories before they can come to surface not wishing to remember 1 of my biggest failures in this game.

Despite the poison flowing through him, the Marine assaults his way up the boulder daring to persevere against his opponent and not allow victory to slip from his grasp. He needed this moment, to display courage in the face of fear. He wanted to test his resolve when things appeared to be at their worst. It was how he felt he could be relied upon to be the shield for others during the darkest times in combat.

There would come a time where he didn't have the option to teleport out or flee. Where he had to rely on fierce tenacity and his guts. For close combat battles, it required him to have nerves of steel, no matter what happened upon the battlefield he had to find the courage to still fight! His eyes tightened into a squint as he let out a vicious warcry as the serpent came for him as he leapt onto it's back and slashed it across the top.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 107980 results:

Battle: 7 +(3) -1 = 9

MOB: 4 (+1) = 5

-1 DMG to Wyrm

-12 DMG to Wyrm

-20 DMG to Black

HP : 33/175

Damage per Atta c k : 70
On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Ha te and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage f or 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 3] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 194/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EV A : 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 // [20 DMG 1/5 Turns]

Edited by Black

I hear a distant shout and also see the gradual depletion of hp by the venom but not as major as it was last time meaning that the venom was the only thing that acted and also means that to have the serpent die probably would require a few more hits of something or just one i could only hope since seeing the hp drop more and more is rather surprising to see a tank drop to that much. It's okay..he'll be fine. I say softly to myself having a short pause as i take a deep and slow breathe as my right hand continues to move through my familiar's fur as i stare in the direction of where the fight is happening just waiting patiently for the fight to be over with. 'Maybe create a song about courage? How would it even go though.' I wonder to myself as the thought pops into my head as a possible direction to go into for what i have written down for many other songs along my notebook that i have considered and erased at various times due to things just changing and the lyrics losing meaning to myself.

Black began to drag it's blade against the beast's outer shell, but with the way it was barreling he could only land a glancing blow. 'Just got to stay away from it's mouth...I do that and I'll be fine' The Marine thought as his black boots struck against the snake's outer scales. The beast's scales were a vibrant yellow and green pattern in the shape of diamonds. As he ran Black noticed the red streaks and the bleeding effect had ended. He looked at his chest and he noticed the red puncture holes. 'Damn it...good thing these things don't exist in real life or that would have ended me. ' The blonde haired swordman thought as all of a sudden a shadow loomed over him. The beast had grapped him with it's tail and began to crush him as he felt the tightening squeeze begin to overwhelm him as he tried to pull himself free. His health was still in the yellow and the beast dropped within killing range. "I got this...he's on his last leg!" Black shouted out, though he looked pretty tied up at the moment.

Spoiler

ID# 107981 results:

Battle: 1 (Miss)

Craft: 10

Loot: 9

MOB: 8

-18 HP to Black

-18 HP to Serpent

HP : 15/175

On MD rolls of 9 or 10, the boss will attack the two players with the highest Ha te and poison them, dealing attack damage AND 20 damage f or 5 turn s that cannot be mitigated.

H: 5] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 176/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EV A : 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 //

Edited by Black

I smirk as i watch the health bar of the twin headed serpent drop into the red and within a few pixels of it having an actual health bar which only means that it is going to die within the next few brief moments of its existence which would mean that my apprentice actually gets to live another day instead of dying on this battlefield like it had slowly started to look like was going to happen. 'At least he'll be safe shouldn't be any difficulty from this point forward since statistically it should be impossible for this serpent to get lucky enough to dodge thorns over and over again after this. Plus with how things are once Black beats this quest he'll even have more thorns to be able to use against future quest mobs to make them an even easier time of living through everything by just existing to kill.' I think to myself in slight amusement as i get up onto my feet to prepare to walk over towards the warrior that is fighting.

Black's health stayed in the yellow as he smirked at his enemy. “Check…” He taunted as he realized he had the beast cornered in this prolonged game of mental chess. “One wrong move and you're done for…” Black started, but this time not directed at himself, but the enemy. “And now to secure my victory...he said as he pried himself from out of the beast's grip and descended, as his long two hander evaporated into digital mist and was replaced with his wakizashi, Tsume's Claw, a special regen variant of his shield. He would be able to heal himself for 10 hit points every time he was attacked. It would curve the damage he endured.

In his right hand was Revial, the blade of legends. It was now time for the most brutal face off in his tier one career and it was time to bring this beast to his knees….or..wait do snakes even have knees? That's not right.

@Hestia

Spoiler

# 108001 results:

Wyrm Attack Vs Black

MOB: 2 (Miss!)

Post Action:

Equip Tsume's Claw: 2 Regen + 1 Taunt Equip Revial: 2 DMG + 1 Para

HP : 15/175

H : 5] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 176/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EV A : 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 //

Edited by Black

I watch as the status effects wears off, but myself still able to see the shadows of the player and mob as i sigh softly and nods my head figuring that this would've been a likely outcome considering the fact that a hit isn't a guaranteed thing just yet at this low of a level. 'But it will be later and by then at least now he will have more mitigation after this quest to be a better shield and protector of players by being able to take more damage.' I think to myself with a nod of my head and a slight grin as i remember the gear that i traded away knowing one thing for certain that if Black is going for a paralyze build then he most likely will appreciate the tier three i have in mind for him, and more importantly in my mind having another grecian warrior out on the floors since that is what the gear is based on for the most part with only some slight changes made to the tier three variety to guarantee the difference between the shift from harmony to a more greek like theme in its entirety.

Black was ready for the beast as he descended down into the sandy abyss. He could see it tunneling deep underground, preparing for another strike. Black immediately began running toward his safety boulder. Once he made it there he turned around to find that the snake's tail had wiped around.

He began judging the distance and rate of speed for the beast. During the prolonged battle he had gotten a feel for it.

"And...now!" Black shouted as he leaped out of the way and the large wyrm nose dived straight into the rock. Black kept running to get some distance, but the clever snake had whipped him with his tail to grapple and squeeze him once more. "Checkmate, you stupid little snake..." Black smirked as the beast quickly released him with thorns embedded in his scales. Having completed the quest, Black's level and health at that time would have definitely boosted up and it would have seemed as if it never even touched the red zone.

"Behold! We have a new Tier 2 Champion!" Black would shout out as he reached level 25 in the party, raising his weapons above his head like a gladiator.

@Hestia

Spoiler

ID# 108012 results:

Battle: 1 (Miss)  

MOB: 8

HP : 0/175

H : 5] Lvl. 24 Black:   - HP: 158/ 480 // EN : 48/48 // MIT: 52// DMG: 4// BLD 1 // THN: 18// EV A : 0 // A CC : 3// PARA : 0 // REC 1 //

Edited by Black

I watch as the area around the quest zone finally dies down in terms of the sandstorm as i can see my apprentice raising a weapon to the sky victoriously and his shout afterwards of being a tier two player as i nod my head at that with a slight grin upon my face as i get up onto my feet and make my way towards the new tier two tank with my hands within my coat pockets as my familiar follows after me. A slight grin upon my face wondering how the new gear will fit for the now newly made tier two fighter as i find myself rather excited to see actually the results of such a thing to see the new gear be worn on somebody else instead of me. I glance around the field curiously trying to spot that wolf that is Black's familiar wanting to make sure to keep an eye on the creature just out of caution for it lunging at Kuro since it seems the two beasts might have some kind of tension between the two of them that i could only possibly associate with their species.

Black was heaving breaths of fresh air as the sandstorm disappeared and the skies cleared. He stood firm, not wanting to show weakness by hunching over and looking exhausted. The fire in his veins had fully subsided and he didn't have to worry about anymore venom as he picked up the vial and eyed it. “This is going to be some pretty potent stuff. I'll save it for the right occasion. “ Black muttered as he looked at the eerie green liquid. “Hopefully I use things like this unlike how I tend to do in other MMOs and just let it gather dust in my inventory.

He then began to walk over towards her, trying to look for useful items along the way, happy to see a familiar face at last. “Well, that was a hell of an experience. I bet the Marines back home would be jealous as [censored].” He laughed as opened his menu and began to don his new armor.

He felt the far superior stats begin to overwhelm him. “Now that's what I'm talking about! This is perfect for crushing opponents. I bet I'd wreck anything on tier one for sure now. I still have a few quests to knock out. This will be great for those loot mobs, too! “He announced with a warm smile. “I might have to check with Mars soon for a loot mob run. “

@Mars

Spoiler

Edited by Black

I let out a low whistle of approval as i look over the armor that i used to wear as i glance through the appearance of it with one side as golden as the day and the other as dark as metal could get as it slowly meets in the middle as a brilliant silver with a chariot on the side of gold to meet the center with that being that of the great Apollo's chariot. The other having the image of a huntress near the moon to represent the great huntress and goddess of the moon Artemis. I look towards the shield that has the outward design of the head of medusa with the snake part of her hair wrapped around the shield to lead towards the inside of it for design. Than the blade a simple blade with which it is meant to cut efficiently. This armor looks really good though with new models comes new improvements like how mine looks now. I say with a small chuckle and a genuinely very happy and cheerful look upon my face. I than glance towards the tank as he mentions a player named Mars as i raise my eyebrow ever so slightly in confusion at the name but brushes it off for the meantime just finding it interesting another player has taken the name of a god. Well i hope you enjoy the gear do treat it well okay? And if you ever meet a player that is tier one and is a aspiring tank Black you must promise me to trade the tier 1 gear that i had given you. We can't allow Revial or the other gear to be left out of use. I say towards the man with a serious look in my eyes.

Black begins to flex for the non-existant cameras as he enjoys his fifteen seconds of fame. The armor was stylish and fit him snugly. Not only that, but he appreciated the artistic lore behind it. “Hell yeah, I'm like a Black Kratos from God of War. I feel like the son of Ares in this thing. Matter of fact, go call up Zeus and tell him that Ares need to pay my momma child support right now!” Black insisted as he pointed a finger to the ground and stomped his feet.

He then produced a sound crystal that played a hip-hop instrumental.

“I'm a bar spitta, I'm hard a hard hitta~ “ His hands proceeded to trace across the golden sun of his armor to the darkness of the moon.
“Yeah, I'm light skinned, but I'm still a dark n****”
He smirked at Hestia as he began to rap with his hands.
“I'm a wig splitta, my Col looking like six figures”
“I'm a wild unforgivin’ wild dog n****”
“Somethin’ wrong with ‘em mobs, got ‘me all bitter”
“I’m a bill printer, I'm a gravedigger”
“Thorns on my vest like I'm a crazed killer”

He laughed as he considered her words on passing off Revial, Twilight Shadow, and the Ruby armor off. Black then crossed his arms with a very serious expression. “Only if they show me they got what it takes and are in this for the long haul. I'd hate to give it to someone who's just going to lose it, sell it, or end up going missing. Whoever holds it has to have the right mentality. If they just vanish in a few weeks. I'll be pissed.” He makes it known that he values those sacred treasures and the sentimental value.

@Hestia

I just chuckle awkwardly at the rather..to say the least interesting lyrics of choice from my apprentice as i just nod my head towards the man not wiling to interrupt the man since it feels a bit weird to  possibly do so. Just remaining silent for the mean while. After the little impromptu rap I smile ever so slightly and nods my head with a rather proud smile towards the fellow tank finding myself having a moment of feeling pride and happiness for having a apprentice who feels rather strongly and care enough for the gear i had passed on to make sure that it is taken care of instead of letting it become forgotten. Well i am glad that you are willing to treat the gear with such respect Black i honestly didn't expect that kind of sentimental value for the stuff but i am happy of that. It means that you care and are willing to treat a gift with much respect. I say towards my apprentice with a smile as i put a hand upon his shoulder and nods my head with a bright and happy smile.

Black was finally happy to have been finished with such a seemingly challenging quest. It was at that moment that he began to notice the difficulty spike of the game increasing. "It all gets a lot tougher from here...doesn't it?" Black mentions to Hestia as he looks into her eyes while he speaks of dangerous and foreboding risks that were inevitably more treacherous than he ever encountered.

"I'm going to have to be a lot wiser in my choice of skills. Every skill point matters from here on out. " Black would state as he scans through his skill points and activates his 5th rank of Mitigation.

Kiba would then come at his side, however, this time the Wolf would appear even stronger and more elementary charged than before as if it had evolved. It kept a sinister hunter's gaze as it began to advanced forward. "I think he's going off to look for treasure. Let's see if we find anything. If we don't, maybe now you can introduce me to those other guys you mentioned from your meetings. "

@Hestia

I nod my head towards Black with a gentle smile and a look that is of total confirmation of what he thinks as i nod my head. It does only get harder from here, but that is why we are here. Tanks like us are here to help the people who might not be able to survive the difficulty curve that is the job of a tank to be the literal shield and wall to be able to protect those that we care and promise to defend with our very lives. Quests will get harder, but you will get stronger. I say with a smile upon my face speaking from the heart having not prepped anything just speaking from a place of honesty and truth within me as i nod my head at the idea that skill points matter heavily in how they are placed from here on out. Mitigation, howl. Those are the primary things to think about as a tank the way to gain hate, and the way to take as much damage. If you go down the katana route no need for a shield reallly but if you do use my curved sword and shield like i use now then get that shield skill will come essential during those times where people trust in you as their tank to handle a few more extra punches.

#108306 LD:1